NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Water, Loos and Waterloos

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Water, Loos and Waterloos

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Here's one of my drafts I've recycled (pun not intended) from 2014

[title] Water , Loos and Waterloos

[desc] Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. However, a report into @@NAME@@'s dams has suggested that at current population levels, the average city has only enough capacity to sustain 5 years of drought, prompting your water minister, John Waterloo, to propose making said recycled water drinkable.
[validity] all

[option] "Multiple scientific studies have confirmed that recycled water is clean and safe for human consumption," suggests John Waterloo, your minister of water, whilst yelling at people who leave the tap running. "Through reverse osmosis, we can speed up the natural water cycle, and turn sewage into potable water. It's the only way to ensure our national water security into the future!"
[effect] dehydration is considered a better alternative to drinking from the tap

[option] "Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALENAME@@, the head of the "Organisation of Mothers Concerned About Everything." "These so-called scientific studies are rigged. I don't want my poor babies to drink sewage! Did you know that raw sewage can lead to cholera? How clean can we possibly make it? Stop this disgusting proposal!"
[effect] the government rejects the potability of clean water

[option] "You landlubbers all be cowards!" Interveens @@RANDOMNAME@@, who captains tourist excursions on replicas of Medieval ships around @@ANIMAL@@ City harbour, and came to your office to fill in paperwork. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewage was dumped. If you drunk water from the river where you dump your treated sewage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. Besides, we desalinate water, even though other countries be dumping raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"
[effect] all hygiene practices must be backed by atleast 700 years ofsuccess

[title] Water Load of Poo

[desc] Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. There are now proposals to return it to the drinking water supply, with mixed responses.
[validity] all

[option] "Multiple scientific studies have confirmed that recycled water is clean and safe for human consumption “suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, your minister of water. "Through reverse osmosis, we can speed up the natural water cycle, and turn sewage into potable water. It's the only way to ensure our national water security into the future!”
[effect] dehydration is considered a better alternative to drinking from the tap

[option] "Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALENAME@@, the head of the “Organisation of Mothers Concerned About Everything". “These so-called scientific studies are rigged. I don't want my poor babies to drink sewage! Did you know that raw sewage can lead to cholera? How clean can we possibly make it? Stop this disgusting proposal!”
[effect] the government rejects the portability of clean water

[option] "You landlubbers are all cowards!" Comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, who captains tourist excursions on replicas of Medieval ships around @@ANIMAL@@ City harbour. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewage was dumped. If you drunk water from the river where you dump your treated sewage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. Besides, we desalinated water, though other countries dump raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"
[effect] all hygiene practices must be backed by atleast 700 years of success

title] Water Load of Crap

[desc] Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. There are now plans to make it drinkable in order to secure the nation's water supply into the future

[validity] "good" weather

[option] "After multiple scientific studies, water recycling has proven time and time again to be hygienic." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, secretly gagging at a bottle recycled water. "Through reverse osmosis, we can speed up the natural water cycle, and turn sewerage into potable water. It's the only way to ensure our national water security into the future!”
[effect] the nation's tap water smells faintly like sewage

[option] "Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, your mail@@MAN@@ who overheard the conversation when delivering your mail. I don't care what no fake scientians say. I ain't drinking this crap! Why would I wanna drink sewage? I ain't got no time for cholera ! In the tropics they got heaps of water. Why ain't we got no pipes to bring it here?

[option] "You landlubbers are all cowards!" Comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, who captains tourist excursions on replicas of Medieval ships around @@ANIMAL@@ City harbour. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewage was dumped. If you drunk water from the river where you dump your treated sewage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. Besides, we desalinated water, though other countries dump raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"

[spoiler][title] Water Load of Crap

[desc] Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. There are now plans to make it drinkable in order to secure the nation's water supply into the future

[option] "After multiple scientific studies, water recycling has proven time and time again to be hygienic." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, secretly gagging at a bottle recycled water. "Through reverse osmosis, we can speed up the natural water cycle, and turn sewerage into potable water. It's the only way to ensure our national water security into the future!”
[effect] citizens complain that tap water smells like sewerage

[option] "Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, a citizen who is disgusted by the idea, carrying around a vile of fake defecation to demonstrate @@HIS@@ point "I don't care what no fake scientians say. I ain't drinking this crap! Why would I wanna drink sewerage? I ain't got no time for cholera! Yucky!"

[option] "You landlubbers are all cowards!" Comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, who captains tourist expeditions on replicas of Medieval ships for the @@ANIMAL@@ City Maritime Museum. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewerage was dumped. If you inlanders drunk water from the river where you dump your sewerage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. For those who still be scared of the smell, ye still have yarr standard treatment tactics. Besides, you landlubbers drink desalinated water, though other countries dump raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"

[spoiler][title] Water Load of Crap

[option] "Water recyling has proven time and time again to be hygenic, after multiple scientific studies." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, secretly gagging at a bottle recycled water. "Through reverse osmosis, we can speed up the natural water cycle, and turn sewerage into potable water. It's the only way to ensure our national water security into the future!”

[option] "Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, a citizen who is disgusted by the idea. "I don't care what no fake scientific study says. I ain't drinking this crap! Why would I wanna drink sewerage? I ain't got no time for cholera! Yucky!"

[option] "You landludders are all cowards!" Comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, who captains replicas of Medieval ships for the @@ANIMAL@@ City Maritime Museum. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewerage was dumped. If you inlanders drunk water from the river where you dump your sewerage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. Besides, you landludders drink desalinated water, though other countries dump raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"

[title] Water Load of Crap

[desc] Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. There are now plans to make it drinkable in times of severe water shortages.

[option] "Water recyling has proven time and time again to be hygenic, after multiple scientific studies." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, secretly gagging at a bottle recycled water. "Through reverse osmosis, we can speed up the natural water cycle, and turn sewerage into potable water. It's the only way to ensure our national water security into the future!”

[option] "Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, a citizen who is disgusted by the idea. "I don't care what no fake scientific study says. I ain't drinking this crap! Why would I wanna drink sewerage? I ain't got no time for cholera! Yucky!"

[option] “You landludders are all cowards!" Comments sea captain, @@RANDOMNAME@@, who came for an unrelated meeting about lighthouses. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewerage was dumped. If you inlanders drunk water from the river where you dump your sewerage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. Besides, you landludders drink desalinated water, though other countries dump raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"

[title] Water Load of Crap

[desc] In response to an extreme drought, @@NAME@@ is considering recycling sewerage to use as drinking water. This proposal, however, has been met with controversy.

[option] "Water recyling has proven time and time again to be hygenic, after multiple scientific studies." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, secretly gagging at a bottle recycled water. "Through reverse osmosis, we can speed up the natural water cycle, and turn sewerage into potable water."

[option] "Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, a citizen who is disgusted by the idea. "I don't care what no scientific study says. I ain't drinking this crap! Why would I wanna drink sewerage? I ain't got no time for cholera! Yucky!"

[option] "The future is plastic!" suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, the CEO of Maxtopian Water "Just encourage people to buy my plastic bottles. By importing water bottles from Maxtopia, you don't have to worry about local water supplies. And the rumours of the Maxtopian water shortage- they've been greatly exaggerated."
[policy reversal] no plastic bottles
[option validity] capitalism
[effect] citizens are encouraged to bathe with bottled water

[option] "Thou art cowards!" explains @@RANDOMNAME@@, an escaped mental patient, who claims to have been cryogenically frozen in polar ice since the middle ages. "Wit used to drink the water from the afenes that wit dumpth sewerage in, and wit were fine! Thou shalt have no issues if thou didth the same, due to thou supposeth evolution! If thou useth our system, thou can use fewer afenes, and hast more water!"
[effect] all hygiene practices must be backed by atleast 500 years of sucess
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu May 14, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:04 am

I'm pretty sure drinking sewage hasn't appeared in an issue before!

Option 1: drink the stuff
Option 2: that's a disgusting idea
Option 3: buy bottled water
Option 4: drink untreated sewage

Options 1 & 2 are fine, but they both need a bit more meat to them, explaining the benefits of each choice more clearly.

Personally, I would drop option 3, bottled water already appears in other issues, just feels a bit "oh no, not again" to me.

Option 4 is okay for the crazy option, but it needs to be cleared up. I had to read it twice before I understood it.
Last edited by Baggieland on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:16 am

Australian rePublic wrote:[option] "Thou art cowards!" explains @@RANDOMNAME@@, an escaped mental patient, who claims to have been cryogenically frozen in polar ice since the middle ages. "Wit used to drink the water from the afenes that wit dumpth sewerage in, and wit were fine! Thou shalt have no issues if thou didth the same, due to thou supposeth evolution! If thou useth our system, thou can use fewer afenes, and hast more water!"
[effect] all hygiene practices must be backed by atleast 500 years of sucess
They say that back then, most people consumed alcoholic drinks because alcohol is a low-tech disinfectant and so was often healthier than actual water. (These were mostly watered-down drinks with relatively low alcohol content, although that's boring.)

Baggieland wrote:Personally, I would drop option 3, bottled water already appears in other issues,
Which ones? I don't remember any.

After a bit of searching, I can find bottled water discussed in #409 and #693 (the latter is primarily about it), but those are very different subjects. The two issues about dealing with drought, #96 and #264, don't suggest bottled water as a solution beyond the speaker in #264 2 drinking from a bottle as an atmospheric action that doesn't mean much.

However, bottled water is simply impractical to use on a large scale as a nation's main water supply. #264 2 suggests importing water from other nations, but I always interpreted that as involving pipelines or large shipping tanks, not millions of cute little plastic bottles.

(You know, looking back at #409 in this context, I never thought about the consequences that drugging the water supply would have on non-drinking water. Would it in any way affect the water's suitability for bathing or washing clothes or watering plants?)

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:23 am

Trotterdam wrote:However, bottled water is simply impractical to use on a large scale as a nation's main water supply

That backs up my idea of dropping the bottled water option. If a severe drought has caused the nation's reservoirs to dry up, where will the bottle company get the water from?

I've had another thought. For the crazy option, instead of having a lunatic be the speaker, why not a ship's captain instead? So you can play on the old nautical myth that sailors used to drink their own urine on long voyages when the water supply ran out. Just a thought. :)

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:17 am

[desc] In response to an extreme drought,

Drought is the setup of both 96 and 264, I'd suggest dropping this.

This proposal, however, has been met with controversy.

Redundant sentence.

In short, I'd make it:

@desc: Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. But is it drinkable?
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Second draft is up.
Baggieland wrote:I'm pretty sure drinking sewage hasn't appeared in an issue before!

Option 1: drink the stuff
Option 2: that's a disgusting idea
Option 3: buy bottled water
Option 4: drink untreated sewage

Options 1 & 2 are fine, but they both need a bit more meat to them, explaining the benefits of each choice more clearly.

Personally, I would drop option 3, bottled water already appears in other issues, just feels a bit "oh no, not again" to me.

Option 4 is okay for the crazy option, but it needs to be cleared up. I had to read it twice before I understood it.

Fixed, thanks! I've removed the bottled water option entirely

Trotterdam wrote:They say that back then, most people consumed alcoholic drinks because alcohol is a low-tech disinfectant and so was often healthier than actual water. (These were mostly watered-down drinks with relatively low alcohol content, although that's boring.)

Except he wasn't actually from the Middle Ages, he was an escaped mental patient. He probs saw a painting of Medieval London or something and thought "yep, that's what we did"

Which ones? I don't remember any.

After a bit of searching, I can find bottled water discussed in #409 and #693 (the latter is primarily about it), but those are very different subjects. The two issues about dealing with drought, #96 and #264, don't suggest bottled water as a solution beyond the speaker in #264 2 drinking from a bottle as an atmospheric action that doesn't mean much.

However, bottled water is simply impractical to use on a large scale as a nation's main water supply. #264 2 suggests importing water from other nations, but I always interpreted that as involving pipelines or large shipping tanks, not millions of cute little plastic bottles.

Got rid of that option, thanks!

(You know, looking back at #409 in this context, I never thought about the consequences that drugging the water supply would have on non-drinking water. Would it in any way affect the water's suitability for bathing or washing clothes or watering plants?)

I think that should be its own issue

Baggieland wrote:That backs up my idea of dropping the bottled water option. If a severe drought has caused the nation's reservoirs to dry up, where will the bottle company get the water from?

I've had another thought. For the crazy option, instead of having a lunatic be the speaker, why not a ship's captain instead? So you can play on the old nautical myth that sailors used to drink their own urine on long voyages when the water supply ran out. Just a thought. :)

Droped the bottled water option, and changed the raw sewerage option to a sea captain! Also, as stated in the first draft, the bottled water comes from Maxtopia. Option dropped nonetheless

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Drought is the setup of both 96 and 264, I'd suggest dropping this.

Redundant sentence.

In short, I'd make it:

Fixed, thanks!
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:22 pm

the title alone is premium quality content.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:48 pm

Jutsa wrote:the title alone is premium quality content.

:hug:

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. There are now plans to make it drinkable.

Why?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Baggieland wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Reclaimed wastewater has historically been used for irrigation, industry and as flushwater. There are now plans to make it drinkable.

Why?

Extreme drought, which CWA has advised against, so I don't know what to do

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:35 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Extreme drought, which CWA has advised against, so I don't know what to do

"Make wastewater drinkable". I would say that definitely needs an explanation!

Keep the explanation short though.

"In order to preserve/prolong water supplies in times of drought".

Something like that. :)

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 am

Baggieland wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Extreme drought, which CWA has advised against, so I don't know what to do

"Make wastewater drinkable". I would say that definitely needs an explanation!

Keep the explanation short though.

"In order to preserve/prolong water supplies in times of drought".

Something like that. :)

Baggie says specifies drought, when CWA says no more droughts. What do I do in such a situation?

Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:58 am

"In times of severe water shortages".

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:16 am

That's just another term for drought.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:23 am

Baggieland wrote:"In times of severe water shortages".

I think it might be a fair compromise. I'll add it in, and let the editing team decide, if we don't have a definitive answer earlier. Since it's a minor edit, I'm not gonna bother with a new draft. Thanks

Trotterdam wrote:That's just another term for drought.

It sure is, but I think it's a good place saver compromise
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:07 am

Baggieland wrote:"In times of severe water shortages".

Or you could use this:

Australian rePublic wrote:our national water security into the future

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:27 am

Australian rePublic wrote:[option] “You landludders are all cowards!" Comments sea captain, @@RANDOMNAME@@, who came for an unrelated meeting about lighthouses. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewerage was dumped. If you inlanders drunk water from the river where you dump your sewerage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. Besides, you landludders drink desalinated water, though other countries dump raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"

Why have you gone all arse about face with this one? I suggested the ship's captain because of when sailors used to drink their own urine. If you want to use 'drinking water from the same river where raw sewage is dumped', that's fine. But why is a ship's captain asking for this? It would be better if the speaker was connected in some way to the Middle Ages, I don't know, maybe a historical reenactor?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Next draft is up! Thanks for your help, Baggie!

Baggieland wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:[option] “You landludders are all cowards!" Comments sea captain, @@RANDOMNAME@@, who came for an unrelated meeting about lighthouses. "Back in the Middle Ages, drinking water be from the same river where raw sewerage was dumped. If you inlanders drunk water from the river where you dump your sewerage, you wouldn't have to worry about finding new water sources for the downstream cities. You should all have a clean bill of health with evolution. Besides, you landludders drink desalinated water, though other countries dump raw sewerage into the sea. What be the difference?"

Why have you gone all arse about face with this one? I suggested the ship's captain because of when sailors used to drink their own urine. If you want to use 'drinking water from the same river where raw sewage is dumped', that's fine. But why is a ship's captain asking for this? It would be better if the speaker was connected in some way to the Middle Ages, I don't know, maybe a historical reenactor?

Thanks! He now works for the maritime museum
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Baggieland wrote:Or you could use this:

Australian rePublic wrote:
our national water security into the future

After thinking for a bit, I do think the above is a better reason for the research / expense required for turning wastewater into drinking water.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 am

Baggieland wrote:
Baggieland wrote:Or you could use this:

Australian rePublic wrote:
our national water security into the future

After thinking for a bit, I do think the above is a better reason for the research / expense required for turning wastewater into drinking water.

Done, thanks!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:42 am

LAST CALL

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:05 am

Australian rePublic wrote:"Water recyling has proven time and time again to be hygenic, after multiple scientific studies

I would put "after multiple scientific studies" at the beginning.

Australian rePublic wrote:complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, a citizen who is disgusted by the idea.

Can you give this speaker some more character please?

Australian rePublic wrote:landludders

It's "landlubbers"!

Australian rePublic wrote: who captains replicas of Medieval ships for the @@ANIMAL@@ City Maritime Museum

Why would a ship that is kept in a museum require a captain?

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017

Postby Candensia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:18 am

Something feels off about option three.

It feels somewhat irrelevant, as it talks about raw sewage, instead of reclaimed wastewater (they are very different things). It also seems unaware of the fact that water is treated before and after use in advanced water supply systems. So, it wouldn't have the massive-negative-direct-health-effect-through-drinking that it seems to suggest, that is unless people are literally drinking straight out of the river.

Something just feels off.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Next Draft is Up, Thanks Baggie and Candensia

Baggieland wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:"Water recyling has proven time and time again to be hygenic, after multiple scientific studies

I would put "after multiple scientific studies" at the beginning.

Fixed, thanks

Australian rePublic wrote:complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, a citizen who is disgusted by the idea.

Can you give this speaker some more character please?

How?

Australian rePublic wrote:landludders

It's "landlubbers"!

Fixed, cheers

Australian rePublic wrote: who captains replicas of Medieval ships for the @@ANIMAL@@ City Maritime Museum

Why would a ship that is kept in a museum require a captain?

How about tourist expeditions? Fixed, cheers?

Candensia wrote:Something feels off about option three.

It feels somewhat irrelevant, as it talks about raw sewage, instead of reclaimed wastewater (they are very different things). It also seems unaware of the fact that water is treated before and after use in advanced water supply systems. So, it wouldn't have the massive-negative-direct-health-effect-through-drinking that it seems to suggest, that is unless people are literally drinking straight out of the river.

Something just feels off.

Cheers. I specified that there'll still be standard treatment (as opposed to the advanced treatment of full on recycling

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:sewerage

Sewerage is actually the infrastructure that moves refuse and waste around. The term for the refuse and waste is Sewage.

Australian rePublic wrote:"Yuck!" complains @@RANDOMNAME@@, a citizen who is disgusted by the idea, carrying around a vile of fake defecation to demonstrate @@HIS@@ point "I don't care what no fake scientians say. I ain't drinking this crap! Why would I wanna drink sewerage? I ain't got no time for cholera! Yucky!"

I assume you mean vial, the noun for a container of stuff, not vile, the adjective for a disgusting thing.
Personal opinion: saying Yuck and then Yucky sounds a bit weird, maybe remove the Yucky from the end?
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?