Lost Age News:
We are back and better than ever, with updated rules for more freedom and easier game play.- 2/24/13
Lost Age is a Medieval Fantasy RP World/Community that functions just like any other RP on NS. It has few rules so that players can have an easy enjoyable time during the RP. Its a small community that lives on a map that has claimable fertile land where their Kingdom's or Realms may rise.
If I Haven't lost you're attention yet then I must have sparked an interest in you. Let me give you the back round of A Lost Age and why I created it. I have a very big interest in the PT scene. I love books like Lord of the Rings, Song of Ice and Fire, and many other stories of the sort, and I as a frequent RPer wanted to participate in a community that would let me RP these fantasy dreams. Alas there are no communities of the sort so therefor I decided that it would fall upon me to create one. And thus I am creating A Lost Age.
Vision: A Lost Age is a community made to give PT players a place to create their ideal PT civilization and then interact with other players without binding rules that cause their RPs to become un-fun.
With this vision in mind I want to extend a welcome hand to you and hope that you will come an contribute to our community.
While there are not many rules there are a few basic ones to follow to make this a friendly environment:
1. Please respect all mods and admin staff, their rule is final and should be listened to.
2. Treat all other players with that same respect as well. You will be treated with respect in return.
3. Only control you're realm and characters, IE: No god modding.
4. Strive to make you're posts and writing better so that other players can easily understand it.
5. Notify the staff when you will be absent for an extended period.
1. Population is a realistic part of a Lost Age. Each player can start with up to 20,000,000 population, any addition in population must be approved by mods after that. Armies should be realistic to the nations population size.
2. When you apply to be a member of Lost Age you will give examples of your previous activity on nationstates. From there the moderates will group you into one of fourcategories which determines how many provinces (subdivisions on the map) you may claim:
Category 1 (Low Activity, or New Player): Can claim ten provinces.3. Technology in Lost Age is of the Medieval Era technology along with magic and magical creatures. The extent of this is up to the players but the mods reserve the right to control this extent. There is however a list of a few things that are not allowed:
Category 2 (Moderate Activity, or Some Experience): Can claim fifteen provinces.
Category 3 (High Active, Some Experience): Can claim twenty provinces.
Category 4 (High Activity, Very Experienced): Can claim thirty provinces.
-No Gunpowder or weapons that use gunpowder.
-No giant rock monsters the size of Russia.
-No all consuming magic that can destroy everything unless the players in the RP agree.
-List subject to expand.
4. You may claim land after you have already become established and made and initial claim but it must be RPed for and a good IC story for it must be made.
5. Players need to submit history entries for their nations in [Day, Month, Year] Format on the regular to build Lost Age history.
1. Please be clear as to the actions you are taking when role playing with another player to avoid confusion and help the flow of the RP.
2. All troop movements must be made realistically. Men and horses can only move so far or fast a day and you must keep in mind any defenses or blocks that players have set up in the area or in their realm as to give the RP's more depth and strategy.
3. Be creative on how you're troops move and fight, give flair to you're actions and movements to provide for a deep story.
4. When troops die keep account of that so you do not reuse already dead troops.
5. Admit loses fairly and don't be afraid to lose sometimes.
6. Please include the [Lost Age] tag in all threads pertaining to Lost Age.
7. If there is a dispute within an RP please request a moderator or an admin to come and make a decision on the outcome.
8. All forces must be declared in the force declaration thread or they do not exist, their location must also be given and updated as they move.
1. Please me detailed in the application so that the staff and other players can get a clear view of how you're realm operates.
2. You can join under three categories: Realm, Group, or Character. Only as a member joining as a realm may you claim land.
3. When submitting a claim on the map please claim land that is not already claimed by other players.
4. Players are required to submit a factbook that gives information on their nation (Use the application as a base and expand on those parts and give detail. They are also required to declare their military forces on the military declaration page.
5. It is advisable in your factbook to mark off where major cities or fortresses are so that other players can reference.
-For applying to "A Lost Age" please follow this application format:
Name of Realm:
Description of Realm (Paragraph):
Head of State:
Seat of Power:
RL Fluency in English:
Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category):
Why you wish to join:
New Rules and revision has been made, Lost Age is back in business.
-Achesia, Chief Admin, Creator- On Leave
-The Nuclear Fist, Admin
-Dbrought, Moderator- Acting Admin
-Tuthina, Utility Worker