NATION

PASSWORD

A Lost Age [PT/FanT World] (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Honorisia
Minister

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Achesia wrote:
Honorisia wrote:more detailed picture of my claim

EDIT: The purple is where I would envision Kalrush to be
http://i.imgur.com/M4YiDJs.png

Give me some basic information or even a factbook for that NPC. Use the initial application for it.

Name of Realm: Kingdom of Kalrush
Description of Realm (Paragraph): The Kingdom of Kalrush has long been under the oppressive rule of King David the Terrible; but after 10 years of civil war the country has fallen to a new ruler. Oriyan, son of David has usurped his father and claimed the throne in the name of freedom for all. The land he has inherited is split into two factions,The Supremacists (that see the new king's decision to share his power as a chance to seize control of the nation), and the Orimites (that support King Oriyan's move towards democracy). They battle through politics for control of a rough homeland full of hardy people used to surviving on their own. The mountains have long since been regarded as a place of terror, but the recent discovery of settlements of mountain men give Kalrush a new friend and vassal. The economy and infrastructure of the realm is in tatters and must be repaired, along with the great cities of Kalrush.
Demonym: Kalran
Race: Human, Mountain-Men
Languages: Kirish
Religion: Worship of the Sun
Head of State: King Oriyan
Seat of Power: Perisagade
Population: 7 million
RL Fluency in English: Primary language
Example of previous RP: None. Been on NS before but never really had the desire to RP.
RL Age: 17
Where you wish to place your land plot: Southwest shore of Casibica, Area with the mountains and forest
Why you wish to join: I don't like all the modern war RP's I see and I gotta start somewhere

If you want me to I can work on a factbook. Might be a while before I finish though.
Factbook for my PT nation, Naradia
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
Makes me proud to be Canadian
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Honorisia wrote:
Achesia wrote:
Give me some basic information or even a factbook for that NPC. Use the initial application for it.

Description of Realm (Paragraph): The Kingdom of Kalrush has long been under the oppressive rule of King David the Terrible; but after 10 years of civil war the country has fallen to a new ruler. Oriyan, son of David has usurped his father and claimed the throne in the name of freedom for all. The land he has inherited is split into two factions,The Supremacists (that see the new king's decision to share his power as a chance to seize control of the nation), and the Orimites (that support King Oriyan's move towards democracy). They battle through politics for control of a rough homeland full of hardy people used to surviving on their own. The mountains have long since been regarded as a place of terror, but the recent discovery of settlements of mountain men give Kalrush a new friend and vassal. The economy and infrastructure of the realm is in tatters and must be repaired, along with the great cities of Kalrush.
Example of previous RP: None. Been on NS before but never really had the desire to RP.
Where you wish to place your land plot: Southwest shore of Casibica, Area with the mountains and forest
Why you wish to join: I don't like all the modern war RP's I see and I gotta start somewhere

If you want me to I can work on a factbook. Might be a while before I finish though.

Thats the NPC right?

The knights of kings
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Dbrought wrote:I'll be a part of that initial Rp, but I think right after that I'll have my first thread, be using a marker to claim another province on my island. I think I can introduce my nation nicely in an invasion/conversion style thread. KoK your would be welcome to join it (as would everyone else, he is just my neighbor)

Sounds good to me. I also have written some of my factbook but its in my note book so il make the conversion soon.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Achesia wrote:
Honorisia wrote:

Thats the NPC right?

Yep.
Don't yell at me to post. I am busy. I saw your post. I will reply to it when I have time.
After my loooong (and unwanted) absence, I've returned to NS. Damn its good to be back.

Lost Age
Attaché

Founded: Sep 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost Age » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Added the NPC's as well as Faerisereg since that nation has a big part in history. They are smaller then they were however.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Carbarosia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Carbarosia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Not sure if you remember me or not but my IRL situations have almost disappeared. I will be able to roleplay with this group again but my app will be posted on Friday afternoon (when I have finished my IRL errands).
equality and freedom for everyone. protect the environment.
fictional views held by the nation "carbarosia" may not reflect my own.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Carbarosia wrote:Not sure if you remember me or not but my IRL situations have almost disappeared. I will be able to roleplay with this group again but my app will be posted on Friday afternoon (when I have finished my IRL errands).

Sweet good to have you back.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

This is what I meant by my whole taking influence from dead space
While some of those who dwell within Zelbae's borders still cling to their own personal gods and practices, the single major faith that dominates Zelbae is the Cult of Udan. Udan, a being shrouded in secrecy is worshiped as a savior god for Zelbae, and with his followers help, the world.

The Cult of Udan, which forms the theocratic ruling force of Zelbae is devoted to Udan's goal of "Convergence", through which all who follow Udan are allowed to be reborn on a higher plane of existence. This promise, however, is not equal to all. Only a select few, known as the "Marked" have souls of a quality that when all together go through 'Convergence" will be reborn as Udan's equal and partner. It is for "her" rebirth, that Udan pushes ever forward to unite all.

For those not, "Marked", however, Udan's promise of "Convergence" still gives the lesser souls a chance. Those who serve Udan, and his quest will be rewarded, as the souls of the faithful, are promised to be reborn as part of Udan's "Circle"; A group of beings "reborn" by Udan's hand with extraordinary powers, and luxuries for their service.

btw here is my new wip factbook link
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Dwarven Nation of Magira
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarven Nation of Magira » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:02 pm

Name of Realm: Magira
Description of Realm (Paragraph):
Demonym: Magirn,
Race: Dwarves
Languages: Dwarven, Common(English)
Religion: Believes in the Dwarven god, Mya-God of the Mines
Head of State: Kilin
Seat of Power: King(if you mean name then its Kilin)
Population: 12 million
RL Fluency in English: Native speaker. Not the best with using puncuation(thank you education system)
Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category): Only one so far. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225636
Provinces Claiming: http://imageshack.us/f/585/sfkjd.png/
Why you wish to join: I want to get involved in RPing FanT PT with a group of people who actually RP it.
Last edited by Dwarven Nation of Magira on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strictly Fantasy. This nation is a Dwarven kingdom.

DWARVES MOTHER F*CKER

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:15 am

Seat of Power i believe is supposed to mean capital. At least that is how I interpreted it.
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 am

Dwarven Nation of Magira wrote:Name of Realm: Magira
RL Fluency in English: Native speaker. Not the best with using puncuation(thank you education system)
Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category): Only one so far. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225636
Why you wish to join: I want to get involved in RPing FanT PT with a group of people who actually RP it.

Yeah seat of power is your capital.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 pm

So I ended up using my profile page built in factbook, as my factbook for this. Thankfully I was able to repurpose my old ones to apply to my new one. The most interesting idea I have been working into my nation has most certainly been the markers. So far I have decided to roughly use the markers to designate each person by the 7 deadly sins, and then indoctrinate each individual influenced by the markers to take their most predominate tendencies associated with the 7 sins, and change them so they are directed in a way that benefits the rest of Udan's followers. For example wrathful, and destructive people have their anger redirect towards any who would harm their brethren of Udan's word. and Viola! Zealous soldiers for the cause.

The only difference is that I replaced the sin of pride, with the marked, which in the Covenant's view are individuals with pure souls. To them this is because their souls are fragments of the Goddess that is Udan's partner. The marked, however, are completely immune to the markers' influence. So perhaps Udan really is trying to reunite the fragmented soul of his partner. Or maybe he is just tasking the people he can control to seek out and capture any he cannot bind to his will.

edit: Every province I control will have a marker in it. The construction of a new marker in a new province is the means my nation will pacify a conquered population, and solidify my control over a new province. The destruction of a marker, will cause chaos, as those freshly under the influence of that particular marker will experience short term bi-polar symptoms, and those who have been under that particular marker's influence for an extended period of time will have every trait the marker repurposed reverted back to its original state, and then amplified. (angry people go crazy angry, greedy people get really greedy etc) So the destruction of a marker will likely cause riots across the entire region. The only exception is those who have been influenced by multiple markers over the course of the last six or so months. These people will become agitated, but will not lose the amount of influence proportional to what that marker was responsible for.

Edit:Edit: link to factbook article on this
Last edited by Dbrought on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Very nice factbook Dbrought :) It inspired me to make my factbook in my own page as well.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:19 pm

why thank you. So KOK what do you think will happen between us? Do you think peace is possible? or are we going to try and duke it out for the continent? Cause I'm still going to be going after the marked, no matter who they may be.

Edit: which btw they are pretty rare to come by, but not to be confused with people that are semi resistant to the markers (those make up 1/3-1/2 any given population)
Last edited by Dbrought on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:28 pm

The way I see it as after reading your factbook is that peace is possible, but it will be an almost fake peace perhaps a cold war effect. We smile when we see each other but we are always holding a dagger behind our back. Our nations will try to devour the remaining land in an effort to indirectly hinder the other, plus there is probably some of the marked in my nation as you mention and that would be distrubing to my people and considered an act of aggression a plauge of sorts. So we wont be in open war right of the bat but I figure that after awhile things may start to heat up.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:01 pm

I feel like initially, since my people would see being one of the marked as a gift, I would try and be reasonable. A land grab for the remaining territories I think in inevitable, but assuming we are both peaceful to each other while we grab the unclaimed, I think I may negotiate in a thread an agreement where you perhaps allow any of your people or marked to join/ Immigrate to my nation, and I provide you with generous trade agreements.

I will also note that if anyone invades me, it shall be an extended period of time before a marker will convince any within my territory to defect to my side. What do you think is a reasonable time for that? 6 months for the weaker minded, 1 year for the resistant? (this implies that you are in once of my provinces for that amount of time without destroying the marker of that province. the influence time will not stack if you destroy the marker, though if you retreat from one of my provinces to another I think it should stack) What do you think is fair?

Edit: also just because I have my own population indoctrinated by markers, doesn't mean they are not more than willing to negotiate with others. In their eyes it might be easier in the long run to convince another nation to convert, after being good friends for many decades. Sort of a "hey we have been friends forever, maybe you want to let you people try our church?"
Last edited by Dbrought on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The knights of kings
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The knights of kings » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:36 pm

That sounds good and it would be easier to negotiate than to fight it out in the very beginning. I think a partnership or atleast an agreement would be very interesting.

Dbrought
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Dwarven Nation of Magira wrote:Name of Realm: Magira

tentatively you are worthy of acceptance by my vote. You seem to be new, so any bad tendencies can still be taught out of you. You can grow and Improve, but should you show a lack of maturity or growth I would probably vote to have you kicked. no hard feelings, I just want my group to not be tied down by incompetence that will not yield to improvement. Understand?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm going to try and work on that one post bit by bit before I leave for spring break.

Honorisia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Honorisia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 pm

New Roman Empire, what do you think our relations would be like? My population sees themselves as the true rulers of the North, so they likely wouldn't want to see another power in the territory they view as rightfully theirs. My current ruler is only a regent of the crown, seeing as the prince is 15 and not ready to claim the throne. She wants peace, and an alliance between the two northern powers. She knows that the true threat to the north lies under the ice. She would want to make an alliance against internal and external threats. The younger, more warlike prince wants to take over your kingdom and claim it for his own agenda. His agenda runs along the same line as his mother's, he just uses more force to complete his objectives.

EDIT: an updated version of my nation app

Naradia
Demonym: Naradian
Race: majority humans (ruling class, generals and elite warriors), various beasts of burden and war (bears, snow cats, yetis, giants), small population of snow elves (guerrilla fighters, slaves)
Languages: Trade dialect, Naradian common tongue (similar to German), Colreese (near unintelligible language, closely guarded secret of the snow elf resistance)
Religions: Preparation for the return of the dead
Head of State: High Empress of the Snowbound lands, Watcher of the Dead, Commander of the Wardens of the dead, Regent of the Throne, Lady of the Snowbound Throne,Empress Tharia Railius III
Seat of Power: Castle Whitewall
Population: 38,000,000
Last edited by Honorisia on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dwarven Nation of Magira
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarven Nation of Magira » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:11 pm

OOC: Ok thanks for clarification. Making minor changes.

Name of Realm: Magira
Languages: Dwarven, Common(English),
Religion: Believes in the Dwarven god, Muradin-God of the Mines
Seat of Power: Azvir
Strictly Fantasy. This nation is a Dwarven kingdom.

DWARVES MOTHER F*CKER

Numer
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Numer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am

Honorisia wrote:New Roman Empire, what do you think our relations would be like? My population sees themselves as the true rulers of the North, so they likely wouldn't want to see another power in the territory they view as rightfully theirs. My current ruler is only a regent of the crown, seeing as the prince is 15 and not ready to claim the throne. She wants peace, and an alliance between the two northern powers. She knows that the true threat to the north lies under the ice. She would want to make an alliance against internal and external threats. The younger, more warlike prince wants to take over your kingdom and claim it for his own agenda. His agenda runs along the same line as his mother's, he just uses more force to complete his objectives.

EDIT: an updated version of my nation app

Naradia
Demonym: Naradian
Race: majority humans (ruling class, generals and elite warriors), various beasts of burden and war (bears, snow cats, yetis, giants), small population of snow elves (guerrilla fighters, slaves)
Languages: Trade dialect, Naradian common tongue (similar to German), Colreese (near unintelligible language, closely guarded secret of the snow elf resistance)
Religions: Preparation for the return of the dead
Head of State: High Empress of the Snowbound lands, Watcher of the Dead, Commander of the Wardens of the dead, Regent of the Throne, Lady of the Snowbound Throne,Empress Tharia Railius III
Seat of Power: Castle Whitewall
Population: 38,000,000

I think the max population is 20,000,000 now.

Also, Achesia, I think you accidentally linked the fact book for Prometheus to mine on the first page. Also, I had a leader change; it's Ensi Belbazzar now (sorry to be that annoying guy lol :p )
Last edited by Numer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
My FanT Factbook

"Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse."
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:28 pm

[quote="Honorisia";p="13176765"]New Roman Empire, what do you think our relations would be like? My population sees themselves as the true rulers of the North, so they likely wouldn't want to see another power in the territory they view as rightfully theirs. My current ruler is only a regent of the crown, seeing as the prince is 15 and not ready to claim the throne. She wants peace, and an alliance between the two northern powers. She knows that the true threat to the north lies under the ice. She would want to make an alliance against internal and external threats. The younger, more warlike prince wants to take over your kingdom and claim it for his own agenda. His agenda runs along the same line as his mother's, he just uses more force to complete his objectives.[quote]

when you say she do you mean the regent?

Well, if the takes the older prince/regent has the throne. I believe relations would be very good. but if the younger prince gets to it, then a fight will be on our hands. Also I would probibly see a war coming.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm

As I am seeing people have a higher population, I will edit mine abit.

Name of Realm:The Pylae Empire (The Land of Stones and wood)
Description of Realm (Paragraph): Pyale, is a land covered in mountains and a huge forrest at the heart of her lands. Many of her people live around the woods and in the mountains where small towns exist while the main cities. Many of the stones that fill every town and city of Pyale come from the mountains. The mountains act as a defense as well. For the great wall of Pyale was built guarding the borders of the Empire. Her people are known for their fighting tactics and formations. They have found iron through out the mountains and mixed it with bronze to create a new metal they call Bozion. The Mountains are dangerous and young boys are sent their to kill the might wolves that infest the place. The Mountain paths are full of sheer drops, and unstable ground. Many none Pyaleians die each month on those paths.
Demonym: Pyaleians (A mixture of latin and English)
Race: Elves, Humans and Vampire
Languages: Pyaleian
Religion: Pagens who worship the sun god Seva, Godess of water Jinko, God of Storms Servina and the godess of furtility Regina
Head of State: Emperor Delvang
Seat of Power: Castle Vald Rock, Whilian City
Population: 18,000,000
RL Fluency in English: Very well
Example of previous RP (For use by mods to determine category): The Birth of A Nation, http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=214023 and Since I like to RP my leader as well as certain military people in the battle, I might as well add a character based example as well.
Provinces Claiming: honistly dont care aslong as there are a lot of mountains in the area and some grasslands.
Why you wish to join: The who RP looks interesting and so dose the idea of a group about these kinds of RPs.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents