NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 20: Roleplay and results thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

World Baseball Classic 20: Roleplay and results thread

Postby Sportgirls » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 pm

World Baseball Classic 20
Roleplay and Results Thread

Welcome to World Baseball Classic 20, hosted by the Dominion of Sportgirls. We look forward to seeing a few of you in our tiny nation during the qualifying stage, and others during the late stages of the tournament.

This is the place for all of your roleplays. Rosters go in the roster thread. This is also the place where results will be posted. The draw and schedule will be in the next post on the morning of Thursday, October 6.

Links

WBC 20 roster thread
WBC discussion thread (OOC)
WBC 20 host bid
Last edited by Sportgirls on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:10 am, edited 26 times in total.

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Draw and Schedule

Pool One
Zwangzug
Taeshan
Liventia
Civil Citizenry
Lymantatia
Miley World

Pool Two
Churchma
Pernam
Cotdelapoms
Thrilledge
Colmark
Eeupmeduckland

Pool Three
Hippostania
West Libya
Allamunnic States
Western cuba
Cosumar
Darmen

Pool Four
Brodskopolis
Thatius
Milchama
Delaclava
Zebedaeus
Armorgames

Pool Five
Sakurakoku
Patricant
Crotunda
Syvorji
Beldonia
Cassadaigua

Pool Six
Tocrowkia
Valorixian
The Babbage Islands
Bluth Corporation
Weegee and Rick Steves
Sibirsky

Pool Seven
Carasatoga
Lycrabon
Cyborg Holland
Sportgirls
Mytannion
Garon-Averia

Pool Eight
New Montreal States
Michael VII
Bergnovinaia
Qazox
Wadomia
BYE

Pool Nine
Howdeellow
Mantwenic
The Kytler Peninsulae
Saugeais
Camwood
BYE

Qualifying

Tue 11 Oct
Team 1 at Team 6
Team 2 at Team 5
Team 3 at Team 4

Wed 12 Oct
Team 6 at Team 4
Team 5 at Team 3
Team 1 at Team 2

Thu 13 Oct
Team 2 at Team 6
Team 3 at Team 1
Team 4 at Team 5

Fri 14 Oct
Team 6 at Team 5
Team 1 at Team 4
Team 2 at Team 3

Sat 15 Oct
Team 3 at Team 6
Team 4 at Team 2
Team 5 at Team 1

(Off day)

Mon 17 Oct
Team 6 at Team 1
Team 5 at Team 2
Team 4 at Team 3

Tue 18 Oct
Team 4 at Team 6
Team 3 at Team 5
Team 2 at Team 1

Wed 19 Oct
Team 6 at Team 2
Team 1 at Team 3
Team 5 at Team 4

Thu 20 Oct
Team 5 at Team 6
Team 4 at Team 1
Team 3 at Team 2

Fri 21 Oct
Team 6 at Team 3
Team 2 at Team 4
Team 1 at Team 5

Knockouts

Eighteen teams will advance to the knockouts. Most rounds are best of three.

Mon-Wed 24-26 Oct -- First round series (only #15 through #18 seeds)
Thu-Sat 27-29 Oct -- Second round series
Mon-Wed 31 Oct-2 Nov -- Quarterfinal series
Thu-Sat 3-5 Nov -- Semifinal series
Mon-Fri 7-11 Nov -- Championship series, best of five.
Last edited by Sportgirls on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Overheard in the cafeteria in QBC Headquarters, Fromburg, Qazox:

Person 1- "I can't fricking believe it! Newmanistan and Sarzonia are not competing at this upcoming WBC?"

Person 2- "Yeap. Apparently, Sarzonia's ticked off over the host vote. But if we hadn't won the Baptism of fire vote or if Sarzonia hadn't won the World cup vote, odds are we'd have won the host bid, and they wouldn't participate anyway. Sounds like sour grapes to me."

Person 3- "But what about Newmanistan? the WBC is the only event they actually cared about it seemed."

P1- "Emperor Michael had a fit over something and he withdrew the nation from international contact. Didn't they do that a few decades ago?'

P3- "I think so. But from the rumors I'd heard about that, they might not comeback so quickly."

P2- "And the Babbage Islands were supposedly doing the same thing as Newmanistan, but maybe they're just faking it. Now we have to go to their former colony, at least I think Cheergirls was a colony of theirs."

P3- "So the chances of us winning a 4th title have increased by over 9000%, right?"

P2- "Well, there still is Cassadaigua, Allamunnic States, Lycrabon, Sauegais, Zwangzug, and Milchama left. Of that list, I'm only afraid of Cassadaigua and Zwangzug. The others, not so much. We just need a good group draw and a favorable playoff draw and we'll be back on top."

P1- "I hope so."
Last edited by Qazox on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

ST. CATHERINE-, Newcastle - Once again the Blue Jays travel the NS Universe in search of a WBC title. Gone are Sarzonia - last Classic’s nemesis for Lycrabon; and Newmanistan and Tarrentum, the finalists in the epic finish to a - in the words of Preident Hodge - bad WBC 17 hosted in Lycrabon. Without those three, they won’t have a cakewalk to the final. Ten games await them to determine the two Group Seven participants in the playoffs.

The teams in the group:
Carasatoga
Lycrabon
Cyborg Holland
Sportgirls
Mytannion
Garon-Averia

Pitching coach Brianna Bruce, who said, “I guarantee all of the Blue Jay fans that this pitching staff will be even more aggressive than any of the championship Rocket staffs”, has already announced the starters for the group stage. They are:

(assumptive schedule for home/away)
Tue 11 Oct at Mytannion (Glenn Carillo)
Wed 12 Oct Carastoga (Tom Benson)
Thu 13 Oct at Garon-Averia (Tyrone Conley)
Fri 14 Oct at Cyborg Holland (Zachary Francis)
Sat 15 Oct Sportgirls (Bruce Barrett)

(Off day)

Mon 17 Oct Mytannion (Tyrone Conley)
Tue 18 Oct at Carastoga (Tom Benson)
Wed 19 Oct Garon-Averia (Zachary Francis)
Thu 20 Oct Cyborg Holland (Bruce Barrett)
Fri 21 Oct at Sportgirls (Glenn Carillo)

It’s unknown yet how the ten-day rest for Glenn Carillo will affect him. It was hinted that if the playoff spot has been sown up, he won’t start until the playoffs. After hearing stories about Qazox not being worried about Lycrabon, Miss Bruce simply said, "the Moo-Cows couldn't beat me when I was a Rocket. I look forward to helping knock them out of the playoffs."
Last edited by Lycrabon on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Syvorji
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:21 pm

The Syvorjin National Team

All of its stadiums were propped up, as it will rotate. They encourage other players to come and enjoy the sport. This team was ambitious, and determined to go further. In WBC19, it barely missed the draw, by one place, at fourth. They had to go further, to support the team. Thus, baseball, now getting popular because of the WBC. It was their second season, and are encouraging teams to enter the WBC20.

Baseball is extremely in popular since it first came in 1951, but often eclipsed by hockey, basketball and soccer. Now, however, baseball was gaining the spotlight, in recent years. Many high-profile baseball players from Syvorji sign huge contracts, with many major teams paying them huge amounts of money, as high as 45,000 davaya (dollars) per month. That was as high as mineral miners during a mineral boom, meaning baseball players are treated with the same amount of respect as football (soccer), basketball, and hockey.

Many children are entering softball, due to the success, despite the doping scandal, which caused many to be fired and barred from competing in professional sports. This time, the Syvorjin National Team is to enter the 20th World Baseball Classic, on its second season there. Will the National Team, made of the best of the best baseball players win, or will the team suffer a humiliating defeat?

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Overheard in the cafeteria at QBC Headquarters, Fromburg, Qazox:

Person 1- "Pool eight? What is up with Qazox being in the final sets of groups lately?"

Person 2- "I don't know. But appeatently Tarrentum isn't participating in this WBC either. That's another tough team we don't have to woory about."

Person 3- "Who are we playing in the group stage this time?."

P1- "it looks like New Montreal States, Michael VII, Bergnovinaia and Wadomia and that's it. Only 4 teams in the group?"

P3- "That's not an unwinnable group there, Begnovinaia is probably our biggest threat."

P2- "Don't forget about NMS, those guys are our Kryptonite it seems. Every time we play them, we seem to lose."

P3- "At worst we go 7-1, what's the schedule like?"

P2- "Here it is:
    MD 1- v. Bergnovinaia
    MD 2- BYE
    MD 3- @ Wadomia
    MD 4- v. New Montreal States
    MD 5- @ Michael VII
    MD 6- @ Bergnovinaia
    MD 7- BYE
    MD 8- v. Wadomia
    MD 9- @ New Montreal States
    MD10- v. Michael VII."

P1- "Not too grueling of a schedule it seems to me. "

P3- "But 3 of the first 5 games are on the road. If we survive that, there's no reason that we don't go at least 7-1, then we'll be set for the playoffs."

P1- "Any tough groups out there?"

P2- "Sportsgirls in Pool 7 don't have it easy with Lycrabon and Carastaoga. Pool 6 looks tough with TBI, BC, Tocrowkia and Sibirsky; none of those 4 teams are easy teams to play. Milchama and Delaclava are in Group 4, but both are safe, I think. Pool 1 isn't gonna be easy with Zwangzug, Taeshan, Liventia and Civil Citizenry. 2 former champs and 2 decent teams in that group."

P3- "If some games break the right way, for us I mean, only Cassadaigua, and either Tocrowkia/TBI and/or Zwangzug/Civil Citizenry might be in our way of a 4th title."

P1- "This might be one of the most wide-open WBC's in the past 7 or 8 WBC's. Anyone could win it, but it's gonna be us. I hope."

P2- "If we can't win a wide-open WBC like this, we might as well just blow up the QBC."
Last edited by Qazox on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Pablo and Pablo

Pablo and Pablo is a sports show on Western Cuban Television

Announcer: " Alright so the next topic is the upcoming WBC, and the Western Cuban National Team. "

Pablo M: " Well I'll start this off by saying last year was a bad year. Sure we made it through the group stage, but we didn't do anything past that. Sure we were a young team, however that was no excuse. Our boys definitely didn't go past expectations, and how they played throughout that classic hit us in the face. We were ranked seventh in the world, before the classic. Now were ranked twelfth in the world, the past classic was just a nightmare.

Pablo R: " In the past classic our boys did play under expectations, however though change has come. Do you think it will work. "

Pablo M: " Don't get me wrong Jose Peterson was a great manager. He created the rise of the Western Cuban National Baseball team. However though he didn't get us where we wanted to be. In the WBC finals. Under Peterson as manager for the National Team, we managed to reach the quarter finals, and that was it. However though I like the new changes the WCBA, (Western Cuban Baseball Association) has made for our team. Being two of the other most elite coaches of Western Cuba as manager, and bench coach was just brilliant, and even better was the fact that we brought in two former players. Philip Castro as our batting coach, and Alberto Walling as our Pitching Coach. "

Pablo R: " Your right, the change was great. We needed a fresh start for the national team, and Ivan Kaspar as Manager, and Bruno Broz as our bench coach. There the perfect options. I think that we'll be able to seriously contend in this classic.

Pablo M: " Agreed, look at the pool were playing in. Hippostania, West Libya, The Fanboyists, Cosumar, and Darmen. All teams that Western Cuba can beat. The only thing that we have to make sure now is that we win the group so the world doesn't continue to think of use of being an over rated team.

Pablo R: " Over rated? "

Pablo M: " Of course, why wouldn't they. In the past we have been placed in relatively weak groups, played so so play in the group stages. Won it but barely, and then flat out playing bad in the knockout stages. I know we have a good team, and were not over rated but we need to wake up and get focused. The major coaching change that has occurred is perfect for us, and I think we'll play solid throughout this competition, and be a serious contender. "

Pablo R: " We'll that's it for now, we'll bring up the classic some time later during the show on another day. However though for now stay tuned for the next segment of the show. We'll be back in thirty seconds after this commercial break. However though before you go take a look at our schedule for this year's classic. "

MD1- The Fanboyists
MD2- Darmen
MD3- @Cosumar
MD4- Hippostania
MD5- @West Libya
MD6- @The Fanboyists
MD7- @Darmen
MD8- Cosumar
MD9- @Hippostania
MD10- West Libya

Games to Watch:

MD3 and MD8- V.S. Cosumar
MD2 and MD7- V.S. Darmen

Pool 3 Ranking's

#12 Western Cuba
#24 Cosumar
#44 Darmen
#77 The Fanboyists
Unranked Hippostania
Unranked West Libya
Last edited by Western cuba on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Saugeais Sports Briefs
Rangers look to repeat finals run in this Classic

The atmosphere in practice was electric, with media clamoring to get the Ranger's reaction to the upcoming World Baseball Classic. One thing was painfully obvious: there was a noticable absence of Claude Gagné and Derek Evans, two players that immensely helped the team get to the finals last time. "Yes, it was a sad day when they both announced their retirements, but on the other hand we still have a great group of players that I feel we could make the finals again this year," said manager Greg Hanson. "Franklin Nopro impressed me last Classic, and was the breakout star we needed on the staff. His improving performance in the domestics over the last three years has led me to choose him as the ace of this pitching staff, and I hope he takes that responsibility and thrives under the pressure it brings." Returning stars like Jacques Benoit and Shawn Hamilton should be the spark on offense like they were last time, but age is starting to catch up with them and many wonder if this will be their last Classic together. "I'll keep training hard until my body doesn't want to do this anymore," said Benoit. "I would love to represent my country as long as I can, and if I have the skill (and if manager Hanson allows me to), I don't see why I shouldn't play."

The Rangers drew into a great group, for themselves of course. The other teams drawn with Saugeais are Howdeellow, Kytler Peninsulae, Camwood, and Mantwenic. With the last two teams noted with any Classic experience, and Mantwenic the only team around for longer than one Classic, any result other than top of the group would be an utter disappointment. The schedule has just been released, and here is who Saugeais will be facing and when:
MD1 - vs. Kytler Peninsulae
MD2 - BYE
MD3 - @ Camwood
MD4 - vs. Howdeellow
MD5 - @ Mantwenic
MD6 - @ Kytler Peninsulae
MD7 - BYE
MD8 - vs. Camwood
MD9 - @ Howdeellow
MD10 - vs. Mantwenic
Last edited by Saugeais on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Howdeellow
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Howdeellow » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 am

Howdeellow National Baseball Post

Howdeellow were drawn into pool 9 in their first ever World Baseball Classic. The other teams drawn into the pool are former finalists Saugeais, first-timers The Ktyler Peninsulae, experienced Camwood, and Mantwenic. Here is the schedule for the hopefuls.
MD1- BYE
MD2- @ Mantwenic
MD3- vs. The Ktyler Peninsulae
MD4- @ Saugeais
MD5- vs. Camwood
MD6- BYE
MD7- vs. Mantwenic
MD8- @ The Ktyler Peninsulae
MD9- vs. Saugeais
MD10- @ Camwood

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 am

ObsessedCitizenry.cvc
Baseball >> International >> World Baseball Classic >> User-Submitted Posts

submitted by xplorethediamond
Why Things Just Aren't the Same in Sportgirls

World Baseball Classic 18. Cassadaigua. An upstart team from Civil Citizenry rises to the top of its group, ahead of international powerhouse Tocrowkia, and qualifies for the elimination rounds on its first try. The young squad pushes then-world number two Tarrentum to the rubber match of a three-game series in the first round, only to lose by a single run in the final inning of the game.

World Baseball Classic 19. Newmanistan. Facing a much stronger group in the qualification stage, the Citiz are able to plow through to the playoffs once again. They receive an impossible pairing in the opening round: a best-of-three set with then-world number one Newmanistan. In Newmanistan. Eliminated in straights.

It's the third opportunity for Civil Citizenry to break that ridiculous barrier that has held them back from advancing to later rounds of the world's most prestigious baseball competition. Earning opening-round match-ups with the world's two best baseball nations - dumb luck. But with the historic twentieth edition of the World Baseball Classic rolling around, the entire landscape of the tournament has changed.

It began over two years ago (OOC: according to the Citiz calendar), at the latest congregation of baseball powerhouses in Newmanistan. Neither the hosts nor Tarrentum - the two clear favorites for the title - could even reach the semifinals, ushering in a new generation of strong teams that took advantage of the opportunities offered to them. Saugeais, a Branta-Rushmori country, bullied its way to the finals, only to be shown its place in the international pecking order in six games by Cassadaigua. The champion Dagans had claimed its third title, taking over the number one position in the world baseball rankings.

Who knows what kind of an impact that had on the teams that had formed legacies over the several decades the World Baseball Classic has been held. For Newmanistan, it was a shot in the arm. With the competition returning to the home of the record four-time title-winners, falling in the quarterfinals in front of raucous home crowds was more than a little disappointing. For Tarrentum, who couldn't even make it as far as their Newmanistanian rivals, it was recognition that their impressive position in the rankings was shaky for one reason: they had reached the championship series twice in a row, and fallen short both times. All hands were on deck for a magical Tarrentum run that would silence the doubters - but they, too, found a coveted title elusive.

Now the baseball gods have sent us here to this tiny nation in Atlantian Oceania, Sportgirls. There's been quite a bit of controversy over the sense of holding the wondrous twentieth competition in a country that isn't exactly known for baseball - or anything, for that matter. A bit of research shows that Sportgirls has participated in the World Baseball Classic once: in the fourteenth edition, over sixteen years ago, back when Cassadaigua won its first title. Games will be played in two stadiums; combined, they hold less than ten thousand people! Could you imagine the chaos if a Newmanistan-Tarrentum game were held in a 3,348-seat arena? The whole things is preposterous, and it seems to make a farce out of this rapidly-growing tournament. Baseball should be offering itself the best facilities and resources available to promote the game, which behind football and amfootball (OOC: American football) is probably the world's third-most popular sport.

Though seating will become one of the overarching challenges of the Classic, there is a more stunning factor that will change the entire tournament's complexion. Neither Newmanistan nor Tarrentum, with an amazing 26% of all WBC championship appearances between them, will send a squad to Sportgirls. Nor will Sarzonia, which seems to withdraw from every tournament in which an internally-unpopular element has been implemented or an unsatisfactory host has been elected - though in case, they might be onto something with their decision. It's not that the organization in Sportgirls is lacking, but that the circumstances make the city-state an odd selection to hold a tournament of this stature.

So three of the top five teams in the world are out of the picture; Newmanistan has been fading from international interaction, and rumors are spreading across the world that they may cease to be a sovereign state very soon. It would be a huge blow to international baseball: the most successful team in World Baseball Classic history, as they love to say in Newmanistan, disappearing from competition, and eventually relevance. If anything, this situation opens the door for another deep run from the Cassadaigua roster as they seek to match the Newmanistanian record for most championships. We can also assume an intense challenge from Zwangzug, Civil Citizenry's groupmates both now and two years ago. The former champions have lost in the finals thrice and have settled for third place five times, including the last Classic; with a wide-open field, it's fair to say they've got a good shot of proving they weren't a one-hit wonder. And most importantly for us, it opens the door for Civil Citizenry to eliminate that teensy-weensy problem of playing one of the two highest-ranked teams in the first round of the playoffs.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Things change. They come and go.

And then some things go and come.

Maybe your job is new, maybe the train schedule is different. Maybe you're still in South Nalchoy, maybe you're back there, maybe you're in Anaro.

But here you are.

Oh yes.

You're listening to WTB, AM 1450 in Zwischen...

"Hi there! I'm Joanna Egenza!"

"And I'm Kirby Delhan."

"And we're here to disperse the curse!"

"Seriously?"

"Well you said we couldn't do immerse the curse--"

"Yeah, but I meant--"

"It had Symbolic Connotations and stuff you didn't want to be--"

"What I'm saying is--"

"Because everyone knows nobody has actually broadcast on WTB for two whole classics. Only it has nothing to do with Zwangzug winning the World Baseball Classic, because we've done that."

"Maybe you're here to...do that, but I'm here to--"

"Do play-by-play! Cause I'm going to do color commentary! And maybe even teach you about some statistics."

"Useful statistics."

"Oh obviously."

"That's good."

"Anyway, we have some important news right off the bat."

"The metaphorical one."

"Zwangzug is in fact sending its top national team to the World Baseball Classic."

"...in what sense does that qualify as important news?"

"Because! There's a conflict between the WBC playoffs and the World Games, which are a new multi-sport event for non-Olympic sports. A Zwangzugian entry is all but confirmed, including a baseball team, but that has to be all-male."

"Can't they just wait until the end of the group stage to make sure the Zebras haven't been eliminated from this thing? The men are like sixty percent of this team."

"Very much like, in fact, and that seems to be a motivating factor in the decisions of...of...whoever's behind it all."

"Oh please not some conspiracy theory!"

"Oh no, just pointing to the fact that that part of things aren't very centralized."

"Probably for the best."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:24 pm

"So the WBC is back"

"Finally!"

"I know"

"Who is playing?"

"Well I'm not sure"

"You should check"

"Yes I should"

"Where's the paper?"

"I don't know, hold on"

"Ah here it is"

"Great"

Milchama National News- Tribune- Sun- Times- Post- Gazette- Chronicle- Journal- Dispatch- Telegram- Star- Monitor- Enquirer

Sports Section

New Milchama Roster!

"Well what do you know a new roster?"

"That's really cool"

"So who is it?"

"Well let's look"

"Ok"

C: Kendry Linz
1b: Steven Carder
2b: Mendy Flint
3b: Gary O'Tali
SS: Finn Hart
LF: Tal Jones
CF: Mikael Yasovin
RF: Ingrid Heniz
DH: Shai Etnar

1b: Shai Etnar (not DHing)
IF: Denton Warsh
Util: Charles Retner
OF: Carlos Hellock
OF: Marty Chancy
IF: Kenny Kelvin
C: Dudu Gonzalez

SP1: Mark Foster
SP2: James Hanson
SP3: Dan Rothem
SP 4: Marlion Toros

CL: Aron Arole
Set up 1: Horatio Wequeright
Set up 2: Benedict Ubad
Middle Reliever: Oren Philips
Long Reliever: Warner Hesh

"That's not bad"

"Not much power though"

"No only Etnar really has some pop"

"And he's DHing"

"Whatever"

"True"

"Yeah, what's the lineup?"

"Let me see"

1. Finn Hart
2. Mendy Flint
3. Steven Carder
4. Tal Jones
5. Ingrid Heniz
6. Mikael Yasovin
7.Kendry Linz
8. Gary O'Tali
9. Pitcher

"Where does Etnar fit in to that?"

"He bats 4th"

"Cool"

"Yeah that's a lineup that could win us something"

"I agree"

"Let's go Warriors!"

"Come on you Warriors!"

"Beat 'em up!"

"Let's go!"

"I think that's enough boosting"

"Agreed"
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Miley World
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:39 am

The New York Times

A tough group for Miley World

For it's first participation at the World Baseball Classic, Miley World has been placed in a tough group according to severall baseball experts. Zwangzug is one of the best team and a former champ. We also have another former champ and two other pretty good teams in our group, so it's gonna be hard. The only team we could beat is Lymantatia, which I'm not even sure if Miley World can beat them. My predictions for Miley World: 1 win and 9 losses. Here's the schedule with starting pitchers.

Tue oct 11: Zwangzug vs Miley World at Trace Cyrus Stadium, New York, Miley World
probable pitchers: Gail Frez vs James Booker

Wed oct 12: Miley World vs Civil Citizenry at Pannia Stadium, Civil Citizenry
probable pitchers: Park Jung-Woo vs Linford Walcott-Vannevar

Thu oct 13: Taeshan vs Miley World at Trace Cyrus Stadium, New York, Miley World
probable pichers: Matt Richards vs Ramon Dominguez

Fri oct 14: Miley World at Lymantatia
probable pitcher: Sarah Meyer

Sat oct 15: Liventia at Miley World at the Heart Shaped Ballpark, Los Angeles, Miley World*
probable pitcher: Chuck Stevens

Mon oct 17: Miley World vs Zwangzug at The Worm Hole, Spenson, Zwangzug
probable pitchers: James Booker vs Indira Barker

Tue oct 18: Civil Citizenry vs Miley World at Trace Cyrus Stadium, New York, Miley World
probable pitcher: Linford Walcott-Vannevar vs Park Jung-Woo

Wed oct 19: Miley World vs Taeshan at Dis be Quarant Xa'virt Sphark Stadium, Taeshan
probable pitchers: Ramon Dominguez vs Peter Taylor

Thu oct 20: Lymantatia vs Miley World at Trace Cyrus Stadium, New York, Miley World
probable pitcher: Sarah Meyer

Fri oct 21: Miley World vs Liventia
probable pitcher: Chuck Stevens

* On sat oct 15 it won't be possible to play a baseball game at the Trace Cyrus Stadium because equestrian sports will be held at that stadium on that day.
Last edited by Miley World on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410
football (soccer): unranked
american football: unranked
hockey: unranked
baseball: unranked

Miley World's official twitter: @MileyWorld_NS follow us!

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:15 am

X Island Inquirer

I'd Be Scared If I Was You

Once again it is time for some baseball and after a good first tournament back in the international scene the Purple Knights are once again lining up for another season of baseball. With the domestic season over and playoffs just ended many thought baseball was done for a few weeks, but no just in time the Boys are Back in town, and looking for some wins. Last season, the Knights first in many moons, they finished just one spot out of another playoff appearance and this year their chances of advancing to the hallowed halls of baseball is looking better then last. The Knights though do have a tough road with Zwangzug, Civil citizenry and Liventia all in their. Can i get a group of death anywhere? But anyways everyone is excited for a new season of baseball and i'm sure the Knights will at least entertain while they can. With a new country on the hosting side maybe a first trip to the newer nation will enable the Knights an edge. The Knights are still underdogs only a two tournaments into their return, but pretty soon i bet you will see the Knights once again show why soccer is not the only sport where a group of men in purple can show the world who is boss.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:24 am

Qualifying: Day One

Pool One

Zwangzug              103 120 030 - 10 (1-0)
Miley World 101 101 101 - 6 (0-1)

Taeshan 000 111 020 - 5 (1-0)
Lymantatia 001 000 001 - 2 (0-1)

Liventia 120 000 020 - 5 (0-1)
Civil Citizenry 041 213 00X - 11 (1-0)

Pool Two

Churchma              000 000 200 - 2 (0-1)
Eeupmeduckland 002 000 01X - 3 (1-0)

Pernam 110 000 120 - 5 (0-1)
Colmark 200 013 13X - 10 (1-0)

Cotdelapoms 100 000 302 - 6 (1-0)
Thrilledge 001 001 003 - 5 (0-1)

Pool Three

Hippostania           100 000 021 - 4 (0-1)
Darmen 121 000 01X - 5 (1-0)

West Libya 001 000 001 - 2 (0-1)
Cosumar 100 012 00X - 4 (1-0)

Allamunnic States 000 010 020 - 3 (0-1)
Western cuba 100 110 11X - 5 (1-0)

Pool Four

Brodskopolis          001 000 010 - 2 (0-1)
Armorgames 020 100 00X - 3 (1-0)

Thatius 023 400 000 - 9 (1-0)
Zebedaeus 003 000 100 - 4 (0-1)

Milchama 010 010 000 - 2 (0-1)
Delaclava 102 001 00X - 4 (1-0)

Pool Five

Sakurakoku            101 212 002 - 9 (1-0)
Cassadaigua 100 013 000 - 5 (0-1)

Patricant 000 100 000 - 1 (0-1)
Beldonia 011 100 01X - 4 (1-0)

Crotunda 000 000 210 - 3 (0-1)
Syvorji 240 111 00X - 9 (1-0)

Pool Six

Tocrowkia             102 110 010 - 6 (1-0)
Sibirsky 001 030 010 - 5 (0-1)

Valorixian 000 200 002 - 4 (1-0)
Weegee and Rick Stev 100 100 100 - 3 (0-1)

The Babbage Islands 100 410 100 - 7 (0-1)
Bluth Corporation 211 032 21X - 12 (1-0)

Pool Seven

Carasatoga            000 311 002 - 7 (1-0)
Garon-Averia 002 110 000 - 4 (0-1)

Lycrabon 300 101 010 1 - 7 (1-0)
Mytannion 000 021 120 0 - 6 (0-1)

Cyborg Holland 010 000 000 - 1 (0-1)
Sportgirls 010 021 03X - 7 (1-0)

Pool Eight

New Montreal States (0-0)

Michael VII 100 010 010 - 3 (0-1)
Wadomia 121 010 00X - 5 (1-0)

Bergnovinaia 402 000 200 - 8 (1-0)
Qazox 100 110 000 - 3 (0-1)

Pool Nine

Howdeellow (0-0)

Mantwenic 110 012 200 - 7 (1-0)
Camwood 023 001 000 - 6 (0-1)

The Kytler Peninsula 005 200 000 - 7 (1-0)
Saugeais 010 310 000 - 5 (0-1)

Syvorji
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:26 am

Crotunda 000 000 210 - 3 (0-1)
Syvorji 240 111 00X - 9 (1-0)

On their very first game of the season, Syvorji won their first game against Crotunda, 9-3. On the first inning, 2 home runs were scored on the Syvorjin side, and on the second inning, 3 home runs were recorded. On the forth one, which gave them a six point advantage, at 6-0, one triple was promptly made, followed by a single point. On the forth, fifth and sixth innings, one single home run was recorded, in all three periods, with 1 in the 4th, 1 in the 5th and 1 in the 6th.

For the seventh inning, one home run, and then a triple, with a single gave them a 9-2 catch up, and then a single home run on the eighth inning, giving a 9-3 win to the Syvorjin National Team. Many were glad that they won the game, and with that, comments were rising.

"I want to be a baseball player, so I can be in the National Team one day!" -7 year old
"I thought basketball was good, but lately, our team sucked in basketball, while the National Team, and in turn, our Secondary School team is doing well! I am switching!" -16 year old teenager

It shows baseball in the United Socialist Republics of Syvorji, is getting increasingly popular. Once a cult sport, the National Team is inspiring many people. Even if they doped, they are still amazing and strong.

Cotdelapoms
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cotdelapoms » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:15 am

"Hi, my name is Lili Adam, and I work for the Albionpool AppleSox, a baseball team in the brand new Cotdelapomais Elite League of Baseball. Do you have a moment?"

"Certainly! I love baseball, I just watched us beat Thrilledge in the first game of the WBC!"

"Excellent! That's great news, we've been working hard so far to try to convert people, but I see you don't need the help."

"No, definitely not. I played a little bit when I was younger, I tried to get on the team at Aequum and didn't quite make it, but I still like the sport. I watched the IBL for a bit, although without a local team I'd mostly root against the Royales, haha."

"We understand! That organisation is a part of this new league, but will be called the Alouettes."

"For sure, wicked, we have a rival."

"Absolutely, we are selling tickets door to door, that is why I am here, and we have season packages, and some flexible packages that you could theoretically use to just go to games against the Alouettes."

"That's tempting! Where will the AppleSox be playing?"

"We are looking for sites in the Greater Albionpool Area to build a new stadium, the hope is that the Elite League will have all 8 teams be the primary tenants in their building within a few years, but for now we will be sharing with Accord University and playing at their baseball stadium, Brian Forsythe Field. A lot of good seats there, you can see the whole park from just about everywhere, and it's cozy."

"Interesting, I'm a University of Albionpool fan, so I've never actually gone to Accord, but that's a convenient location. How many games will there be in a season?"

"I like hearing this! There will be 8 teams in the league, and each team will play each other team 14 times, for a total of 98 games- 49 home, 49 away. The season will run from May to August, so we hope to really capture the warm months and be as much a part of the summer here as the Oak Leafs are in the winter."

"That's a bold claim! I'm definitely interested. Did you see the gem Martinus Øen threw against Thrilledge?"

"Yes, it was excellent. He was on his best stuff."

"Will he be playing for the AppleSox?"

"Well, we do not know yet. He has signed with the league- the entire WBC roster has since the dissolution of the IBL, which his an exciting step. You'll probably get to see him pitch at some point, but there's going to be a dispersal draft for the WBC roster- although the other players will be acquired through other means. This is intended to keep things fair and not lead to the stars being hoarded by the bigger teams."

"We are a bigger team, no? Haha, oh well. We'd have a pretty good chance of getting Øen or Benoît Larcher, who hit that huge home run to start the comeback?"

"We don't know where we'll be picking, but those are certainly two players we would love to have."

"Well, that's enough for me. I'm an AppleSox fan from today, how much do tickets cost?"

"Our season tickets start at just $625..."
Last edited by Cotdelapoms on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:06 am

Lycrabon 	300	101	010	1 - 7 (1-0)
Mytannion 000 021 120 0 - 6 (0-1)

MYTANNION - The Bue Jays started WBC 20 with an inauspicious 7-6 win last night in ten innings. The first inning started better than expected, as Carl Maynard walked and Chad Price doubled to the left field corner. Cliff May then put the first Blue Jay runs on the board with a towering three-run bomb to the deepest part of the ballpark. Tom Benson started off amazing, throwing thee and two-thirds innings of perfect baseball. He finished with seven innings of work, allowing four runs, three walks, and ten strikeouts in a no-decision.

In the fourth, JC Tyson hit a leadoff triple, allowing Benson to knock him in with a sacrifice fly to make it 4-0 Jays. Mytannion eventually got to Benson, plating two in the fifth and one in the sixth; the latter following a leadoff homer in the sixth by Mayo, his second of the night. Back-to-back triples in the bottom of the seventh only plated one, but spelled the end of the evening for Tom, with the Jays leading 5-4.

“First time through, smooth. Second time they just hit me a little.”

Following a double and single in the top of the eighth by Jeremy Kramer and Tyson respectively, reliever Leroy Harison made it 6-4 with a sacrifice of his own. He, however, allowed two in the bottom of the eighth to tie it at 6. Following a scoreless ninth, Cliff Mayo hit his third homer of the night, a liner down the right field line. Darrell Lane pitched a perfect tenth to shut the door on the win.

1B Maynard	0-3, BB, GIDP
2B Price 2-4, 2B, GIDP
3B Mayo 3-4, 3 HR, 4 RBI, GIDP
SS McCormick 0-3, BB
LF Tyson 2-3, 2B, 3B
CF Kramer 0-2
P Benson 1-2, RBI
P Johnston 0-1, RBI
RF Short 0-3
C Welch 0-1 BB, ROE

IP	R	ER	BB	K	ERA
Benson, ND 7 4 4 2 10 5.14
Johnston, ND 1 2 2 2 1 9.00
Nash, W (1-0) 1 0 0 0 1 0.00
Lane, S (1) 1 0 0 0 0 0.00
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:57 am

Overheard in the cafeteria in QBC Headquarters, Fromburg, Qazox:

Person 1- "What the hell what that? Emari is one of the best QBL pitchers and he got racked over the coals like a 5-year old pitching against college kids!"

Person 2- "Well if you walk the first 3 batters of the game odds are you're going to give up a run or two."

Person 3- "But 4 runs while only giving up 1 hit in the inning? Granted that one hit was a bases-clearing double after the 3 walks, but still I thought we actually had a pre-season for this shit."

P1- "Then giving up a 2-run HR to the opposing pitcher?!?!? We need to do something here, and quickly."

P3- "I agree. Linda Werth's becoming a liability on the bench."

P2- "Woah! It's one game. One really bad game by a decent pitcher. We still got 7 more games to go before we can make a decision on Werth."

P3- "Offensively, we looked like crap out there as well. How many first pitch strikes did Bergnovinaia have?"

P2- "18, I think. But half of those were foul balls, and only two were swinging strikes."

P1- "I don't mind agressive swingers, good way to ruin rhythm of the opposing pitcher, but those balls need to be put into play, not into the foul stands or grounded weakly to short."

P3- "Enough of the negative, did we do anything good today?"

P2- "Other than allowing a couple of runs in the 7th, the bullpen did well. 2 runs allowed in 6.1 innings. Valerie Durante stuck out 5 of the 8 batters she faced in the 7th, 8th and 9th innings. Maplewood went 3 for 5 and had 2 stolen bases in her debut."

P1- "Alright. We got an off day tommorrow then Wadomia after that. Stress to Werth that batting disipline is needed at practice tommorrow."

Bergnovinaia          402 000 200 - 8 14 0
Qazox 100 110 000 - 3 8 0

Qazox' Batting Stats
Greg Damon 0-5
Carly Maplewood 3-5, double, 2 SB, 2 runs
Jayde Sinclair 1-4, double, RBI, BB
Carl Holmes 2-4, single, RBI, run
Emma Flint 1-4, double, RBI
Erica deSentis 1-3, HBP, BB
Arthur Thomas 0-4
Brian Desormeaux 0-4
Johan Emari 0-1
Sandra Wu 0-0, BB
Chuck Bath 0-0, BB
Carly Germaine 0-1

Pitching lines
Emari- 2.2 IP, 6 ER, 6 R, 6 H, 5 BB, 2 K; 59 pitches, 25 strikes (0-1).
Iya- 1.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 R, 3 H, 0 BB, 2 K; 37 pitches, 28 strikes
Greene- 1.1 IP, 2 ER, 2 R, 3 H, 1 BB, 1 K; 39 pitches, 23 strikes
Durante- 2.2 IP, 0 ER, 0 R, 2 H, 1 BB, 5 K; 62 pitches, 46 strikes
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Miley World
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 pm

The New York Times

Miley World lost against one of the best baseball team in the world!

Miley World weren't lucky for their first international baseball game, as they faced the Zwangzug Zebras. Miley World hitted 2 solo homeruns, one in the 3th inning (Enrique Salazar) and one in the 6th inning (Carlos Flores). Zwangzug hitted a 3 runs homerun in the 3rd inning. A solo homerun in the 4th and another 3 runs homerun in the 8th inning

Zwangzug              103 120 030 - 10 (1-0)
Miley World 101 101 101 - 6 (0-1)

1. Jake Ashley              2-5 1 run                
2. Enrique Salazar 2-5 1 run 2 rbi 1 hr
3. Caleb James 2-5 2 rbi
4. Jesus Maldonado 2-5 1 run
5. Carlos Flores 1-4 1 run 1 rbi 1 hr
6. Ryan Zagurski 1-4 1 rbi
7. Megan Gallagher 1-4
8. Brandon Wolf 1-3 1 bb 2 runs
9. Booker/Ramirez/Boxberger 0-4

James Booker 4 1/3 innings, 7 earned runs, 1 bb, 4 k
Jose Ramirez 3 2/3 innings, 3 earned runs, 2 bb, 1 k
Jordan Boxberger 1 inning, 0 earned run, 0 bb, 0 k
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410
football (soccer): unranked
american football: unranked
hockey: unranked
baseball: unranked

Miley World's official twitter: @MileyWorld_NS follow us!

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Pablo and Pablo

Pablo M:
Pablo R:

" So today the Group Stage started for World Baseball Classic. Anything you need to say about the Western Cuban National Team? "

" Yeah I have a few words to say. Not many though. First off I'll like to note to all our fans who did not watch the game, that our boys from Cuba did manage to pull off a victory against the Fanboyists. Winning 5 to 3. Second off I'll like to say Fredek Fenyak pitched a fantastic game as our pitcher. Pitching for 7.0 innings, and only allowing one run. The only thing I found shaky about yesterday's game was Stephan Nemecek. Who allowed two runs nearly blowing Western Cuba's win. A great inning by Rodger Sekera in the 9th would secure the game for the Cubans. "

" So most of what you have to say is positive? "

Yep, for the most part I'm pleased with what we did for yesterday's game. It was our first game under new management and I think we played solid through all of it. We got a young roster for the national team, and these guys are just getting the hang of it. Were only going to get better as the games go on, and I think that if we keep going in the right pace this is going to be a fun classic. The only thing we have to work on is our bullpen. Which is rather young. However though I think Stephan Nemecek just had a rough night, and will be better throughout the classic. "

" Any guy's that you thought stood out at last night's game? "

Yes, Alfonso Chincilla the new catcher for the National Team had a solid game behind the plate, and batting. He looked comfortable throughout the game, and hit a triple. I think the kid has a bright future for this national team.

" Your right about that Alfonso did have a solid night last night, however though what I think is more news worthy is the other games around the classic yesterday. Churchma, Cassadaigua, Qazox, and Saugeais all lost there opening games in the classic. "

Well I'll like to say first off that Cassadaigua, and Qazox both played tough opponents. Bergnovinaia, and Sakurakoku are both very good teams and played hard throughout that game. There worthy opponents, and a lose to them shouldn't be too alarming. However though I'm quite shocked about how the Kytler Peninsula upset Saugeais, and Churchma lost to Eeupmeduckland. Those are two games that both teams should of won. However though I guess we have to keep Eeupmeduckland, and the Kytler Peninsula on our baseball radar now. For they might mean serious business at this fall's classic.

" Well that's a wrap up for today's WBC segment. Stay tuned for more of the WBC with tomorrow's game against Darmen in Western Cuba. Come out and support your national team. Now we'll be right back after this commercial break.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm

National Journal
Rangers off to rocky start
Franklin Nopro breaks down in third inning, surrenders 6 total in loss

The Kytler Peninsula  005 200 000 - 7
Saugeais 010 310 000 - 5

Batting
Player                      AVG   AB   R    H     RBI    BB    SO
Marek Atterbury (2B) .000 3 0 0 0 1 1
Pierre Gardin (LF) .500 4 0 2 1 0 2
Dick Robinson (C) .500 4 1 2 0 0 2
Jacques Benoit (RF) .333 3 1 1 0 1 0
Shawn Hamilton (DH) .500 4 1 2 0 0 1
Christophe Lind (1B) .250 4 1 1 2 0 0
Jean-Paul Romero (SS) .667 3 0 2 1 0 0
Aaron Dairon (CF) .000 3 0 0 0 0 0
Paul Roland (3B) .333 3 1 1 1 0 0

Totals: .355 31 5 11 5 2 6

2B- Robinson, 1; Hamilton, 1
3B- none
HR- Lind (1, 4th inning, 1 on, 2 out)
SB- none
Sac - none
GIDP - Saugeais, 4

Pitching
Player                    ERA     IP      H     R    ER      BB     SO
Franklin Nopro(L, 0-1) 16.88 3.2 5 6 6 3 2
Dipaka Arends 3.00 3.0 3 1 1 1 3
Steven Richardson 0.00 1.1 1 0 0 1 0
Aaron Jones 0.00 1.0 1 0 0 0 2
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:35 pm

"...Zebras showing some pop in their lineup today, with Justine Sherman going yard in the third, Zach Reyemel going yard to lead off the fourth. Then Hamweigh cracked a hold of one in the eighth to give them a little breathing room, the...er...Untamed Robots just kind of pecking away at them."

"Untamed, huh? I wonder how good the AI is over in Miley World, stands to reason that you'd first have robots that don't need taming, and then...I mean, if there were wild robots, that'd be the default."

"If there were wild robots? You don't know bleep about what would happen if there were wild robots."

"Sure I do. Just by analogy. If you can conceivably tame them, that implies they were wild to begin with. So they'd kind of have passed the proverbial singularity or whatever you want to call it."

"Analogy? Like, with wild animals, is that what you're talking about? Because robots don't have a lot in common with wild animals."

"I mean they're both alive."

"Robots are not-"

"I mean hypothetically. They would be."

"But you can't just say--"

"Are you going to discuss the statistic of the bleeping day, or are we going to sit here and argue about robots?"

"I'm just saying--okay okay. Statistic of the day, home runs!"

"Okay, everybody knows what a home run is, that's not even--"

"Well, there are also stuff like inside-the-park home runs."

"Inside the...do the Zebras hit any of those?"

"Not...a lot, in recent years. But it could happen!"

"Yeah, and some days they hit three. Doesn't mean it happens a lot."

"Although with the way Croes made them run I'm not surprised."

"There's not, like, a way to predict who'd be more likely? Based on the number of stolen bases or anything?"

"I don't think so. I don't know if we even tracked stolen bases. So Sherman was the Zebras' home run leader last time around, Reyemel has already equaled his total. Hamweigh got more of the base hits."

"Different statistic."

"Yeah, I know, are we--whatever."

"All right, well, so long from the home of the Metro Stations. Gotta say, I love the name--really nice to see cities embracing the public transit thing, you know."

"Yeaaaah...I'm not gonna miss this country."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:45 pm

"Well that was a bad start"

"Yep, couldn't hold a lead it doesn't bode well"

"At least Delaclava is decent"

"That's true but it would have been nice to have beaten the other good team in our group"

"I mean the key is just to play well and the wins will come"

"Do you really think we played well though?"

"Well enough to beat every other team in the group"

"I totally disagree, a non-quality start from our ace is pretty damning"

"He still went 7 innings though"

"Yeah but if he's not up to snuff I don't know if the rest of the pitchers are"

"Look I bet Foster was nervous, think about the reputation he has to live up to, a third generation starting pitcher for the national team. Sheesh that's hard"

"I guess but he should still be better than that"

"7 innings 4 runs should win us the game"

"I really don't think so"

"Why not?"

"Because we're a pitching first team, there's no power threat on this team we need the pitching to step up and tonight that didn't happen"

"So what? They're the other good team in the group, let's see how we do tomorrow and then reevaluate"

"Ok then"

"Let's go Milchama!"
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:14 am

Qualifying: Day Two

Pool One

Miley World           031 100 200 - 7 (1-1)
Civil Citizenry 100 002 001 - 4 (1-1)

Lymantatia 012 010 000 - 4 (1-1)
Liventia 000 002 000 - 2 (0-2)

Zwangzug 100 110 100 - 4 (1-1)
Taeshan 001 211 01X - 6 (2-0)

Pool Two

Eeupmeduckland        000 000 001 - 1 (1-1)
Thrilledge 120 010 01X - 5 (1-1)

Colmark 010 002 000 - 3 (1-1)
Cotdelapoms 100 100 20X - 4 (2-0)

Churchma 100 040 002 - 7 (1-1)
Pernam 010 000 000 - 1 (0-2)

Pool Three

Darmen                000 001 010 - 2 (1-1)
Western cuba 100 110 00X - 3 (2-0)

Cosumar 000 200 000 010 - 3 (1-1)
Allamunnic States 000 100 100 011 - 4 (1-1)

Hippostania 020 033 007 - 15 (1-1)
West Libya 003 400 000 - 7 (0-2)

Pool Four

Armorgames            200 001 020 - 5 (2-0)
Delaclava 100 011 000 - 3 (1-1)

Zebedaeus 110 000 001 - 3 (0-2)
Milchama 300 120 40X - 10 (1-1)

Brodskopolis 000 010 010 - 2 (0-2)
Thatius 000 001 12X - 4 (2-0)

Pool Five

Cassadaigua           602 140 000 - 13 (1-1)
Syvorji 022 001 000 - 5 (1-1)

Beldonia 000 000 000 - 0 (1-1)
Crotunda 100 000 00X - 1 (1-1)

Sakurakoku 101 020 212 - 9 (2-0)
Patricant 020 002 000 - 4 (0-2)

Pool Six

Sibirsky              000 201 902 - 14 (1-1)
Bluth Corporation 000 001 000 - 1 (1-1)

Weegee and Rick Stev 100 000 000 - 1 (0-2)
The Babbage Islands 100 110 00X - 3 (1-1)

Tocrowkia 030 013 001 - 8 (2-0)
Valorixian 001 001 210 - 5 (1-1)

Pool Seven

Garon-Averia          100 000 200 - 3 (0-2)
Sportgirls 102 011 01X - 6 (2-0)

Mytannion 400 031 101 - 10 (1-1)
Cyborg Holland 003 021 000 - 6 (0-2)

Carasatoga 100 001 003 - 5 (1-1)
Lycrabon 220 131 00X - 9 (2-0)

Pool Eight

Qazox (0-1)

Wadomia 000 100 100 - 2 (1-1)
Bergnovinaia 002 101 02X - 6 (2-0)

New Montreal States 020 000 020 - 4 (0-1)
Michael VII 101 021 10X - 6 (1-1)

Pool Nine

Saugeais (0-1)

Camwood 100 000 010 000 0 - 2 (0-2)
The Kytler Peninsula 001 000 100 000 1 - 3 (2-0)

Howdeellow 010 000 000 - 1 (0-1)
Mantwenic 101 010 00X - 3 (2-0)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports