NATION

PASSWORD

I have played NS for five years!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Father Knows Best State

I have played NS for five years!

Postby The State of Monavia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:50 pm

FIVE YEARS ON NATIONSTATES

It has been one pleasant (and rather amusing) ride to have spent five whole years in this online community. I joined in June of 2006 after searching through Google for something with which to occupy my time. I had finished the eighth grade only a month before finding NS that summer, and as was now usual for me when I was on a summer vacation from schooling, I wanted to have something to do.

After this game caught my attention, I decided to try it for a while. My first nation, the Holy Empire of the State of Motavia lasted all of two days before my region was crashed and it was ejected (and somehow deleted). I decided, on that fateful June 26, to try again with what is now my current nation, and thankfully it has worked out well.

The Jolt days provided me with some fond memories. I ran several good threads and met many of my NS “friends” that I have now when Jolt was running the forums. True, many of the people I played with in those days are now gone and their accounts defunct, and my 980 posts there are also gone, the result of their deletion with the rest of the forum in October 2010. Luckily, the creation of this forum provided a means of transitioning to a new beginning, and I am pleased to share in the company of my fellow “NSers,” or whatever they call themselves now.

I spent my first fourteen months lurking around the forums, reading them but not posting anything. It turned out that the only thing I needed to do the whole time was put my E-mail address into my national settings in order to be able to post! After that I spent a year in the region called Gatesville (not that I got much out of that) and finally was recruited to join Nova. It was the best decision I made with this game, and I honestly cannot tell what I would have done if I had not joined that illustrious region and its community.

It has been three weeks since I should have posted this thread (procrastination is such a pill to swallow), but being on vacation (and a dose of laziness) sometimes makes it hard to do that.

While I cannot say much with certainty about what kind of profile I have among the other people here, or what sort of reputation I have, or can tell what others think of me (it’s strange how tight-lipped everyone is about this subject), I am positive that I now have bragging rights—and I will use them!

Without any further ado, here’s my salute to a half decade of community, jolly entertainment, and some of the best writing that can be found outside a bookstore!

To the Moderators:

If this thread needs to be moved (or is moved), please send me a telegram.
——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

Hakkoi
Attaché

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakkoi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Hey, congrats on five years Monavia!
Last edited by Hakkoi on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[] The Republic of Hakkoi []
••• •••
[ Map of Hakkoi || Minyang ]

Ustio North
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ustio North » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:53 am

Many happy returns, Monavia :)
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated. However, rumours of my retirement were not.

[ Jenrak ]
Get Well Soon.

Kostemetsia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kostemetsia » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:21 am

Well-played.
The Commonwealth (FT)
factbook | embassies and trade | CAFRI: 69 (Excellent)
background music requests

Miniature Stuff
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miniature Stuff » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:27 am

5 years? Congrats, I guess. I wonder if I'd ever last that long on here or if I'll get bored... if I had a crystal ball I could find out.

Timurid Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Timurid Empire » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:29 am

Conglaturations my friend! I wish you another 5 fun-filled years.
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

Sheepatropolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sheepatropolis » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:29 am

They should give us a mug after five years.
Ex Elected Minister of Security for The South Pacific

Ex General-in-chief of The South Pacific Army

The Ancient Puppet of Lordieth

Katonazag
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Katonazag » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:09 pm

And many more :)

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Congrats on five years. I've been around five years too, just in many versions. :)
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents