NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 53 Roster Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 pm

The Babbage Islands World Cup 53 Roster

Nicknames: Bumblebees, Islanders
Colours: Yellow and black

Manager: Ganz Ijak. When the former Cafundelense striker took over the Bumblebees before World Cup 49, they were ranked 62 in the world. Today under the Hall of Famer's leadership they're ranked third, with two third-places and three final eights in the last three World Cups. Ijak has made some recent changes to his coaching staff, and his new assistants are widely viewed as candidates to be the next Bumblebee manager for the WC 54 cycle.

Formation: 4-4-2, sometimes 4-6-0. One of the great recent surprises in international football is the Bumblebees' return to a 4-4-2, given their standing as the world's most visible practitioners of a strikerless scheme. But as the coach remarked when asked, "We built the 4-6-0 around the three magnificent players needed to make it sing. Orson and Patty are both gone, and there's a crop of rising young forwards that can't be ignored."

Style: +2.5. Fond of the attack but not reckless.

Forwards

9: Jason Olson 26 F 36/16 Clube Comercial (Cafundéu)
10: Kelli Alder 27 F 88/45 Belgium FC

Midfielders

6: Glen Brown 30 M 57/11 FV Harmonie (Paripana)
8: Tegan Nash (captain) 34 M 125/49 Petardos S/A (Cafundéu)
7: Tad Hollister 23 M 4/0 Baden 98
11: Veronika Hennicke 23 M 61/17 Greenville Rovers

Defenders

2: Lucy Barton 24 D 26/2 North Ward (Sportgirls)
3: Jerry Kirkpatrick 29 D 71/4 Dunboor FC (Cafundéu)
4: Ronald Dennis 23 D 40/2 OGC Nancy
5: Matt Chauvin 30 D 80/2 Tyrrin Royale (Tyrrin)

Keeper

1: Elizabeth Hanna 23 K 20/0 Dover City

Reserves

19: Bethany Martin 21 F 7/5 Four Towers
20: Glen Svoboda 15 F 3/3 Dover City
16: Kent Modrich 28 M 1/0 Viktoria Baden
17: Neil Butler 23 M 4/0 Belgium FC
18: Skarphéðinn Grímsson 23 M 4/0 South Side AC
21: Jayden Cook 25 M 17/5 Bloomfield National
12: Chloe Morris 22 D 5/1 OGC Nancy
14: Sūl Nam-gīn 24 D 3/0 Dover City
15: Justin Simpson 26 D 0/0 North Fork FC
22: Carl DiFilippo 32 D 59/1 Four Towers
13: Gene Little 25 K 14/0 FK Maribor
23: Þorgeir Jónasson 22 U 0/0 Cardiff FC

Commentary to follow

RP permissions

An opponent who RPs first may assign my scorers, may assign yellow cards to my team but not red cards, and may assign injuries to my team members with anticipated unavailability of one game or less. Please do not godmod.

Home kit

Away kit

(Kits courtesy of Tenderville4Sportswear.)
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Greater Cotswalds
Attaché

Founded: Jul 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Cotswalds » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 pm

The Greater Cotswalds Football Board is proud to announce their squad for the qualification for the World Cup!

Team Nickname: The Foxes
Home Stadium: KapitaalStadion (one word)
Capacity 56,000
Manager: Risto Teilmann
Formation 4-5-1

Starting Roster:
Goalkeeper and Defence

GK Kalvin var der Leer (RSK Tirpenz)
var der Leer rode out the ups and downs that was Tirpenz's season, impressing on the way to be a major part of the effort to get the team out of it's spot in relegation and into contention.

LDF Markko var der Dooren (Cap Nordique - Cotdelapoms)
An excellent all around defender, var der Dooren left FK Buurg for Cap Nordique in Cotdelapoms, where he is a regular starter and part of the teams winning efforts.

LCDF Martin Kuijpers
(FK Buurg)
His team might have been relegated, but his efforts to provide tough defence didn't go unnoticed. An aggressive player, he will fight hard for the ball.

RCDF Walter Rosch (FK Waalen)
Rosch is a solid player that has come into his own with age. Here, he provides a wise, older stability to the defence.

RDF Kolin Briggs (Heeyt)
Briggs is young, fast and not one to give up. He has stayed close to home, playing for the club he followed in his youth. This is his first chance to get onto a larger stage.

Midfield

CDMF Andreas Gerhard (Suudpoort)
Gerhard is certainly not getting any younger, this possibly being his last major run as an international player. What he has lost in his age, he gains in superb tactical knowledge of the game. Future manager in the making.

LMF Erik Walters (SK Gaal)
In Gaal's superb run to the trophy this year, Walters was the man feeding Gavin Bremner the passes needed to set up major scoring opportunities.

CMF Ruud Endemann (Cap Nordique - Cotdelapoms) C
The star of Greater Cotswalds football, his years at Kapitel yielded much success and a lift to celebrity status in the country. As a result it was a fair shock when he left for Cotdelapoms after a disappointing year at RSK Kapitel. He is calm, smart and not one to get easily agitated on the field.

RMF Kristoff Scholtens (Warriors - Zarbli)
He is someone to fear on free kicks, he can place the ball where he needs to, be it the net or the foot of a team mate.

AMF Tommi Köhler (Rot-Weiss Waalen)
Considered a true class act, Köhler is another player who has not strayed far from home, and as a result is loved by the fanatical fans of Rot-Weiss. While he doesn't have the same exuberance he did in his much younger days, he packs a powerful shot that serves him well.

Offence

ST Lars Verhaar (FK Noordpoort)
HIs season at Noordpoort was one of so close yet so far. Another player who left FK Buurg after a turbulent season, he established himself in the port city as a man that is all about finesse and placement.

Bench:
GK Sepp Kroll (RSK Kapitel)
DF Jan Schaalt (FK Järrsbuurg)
DF Hermann Jössi (Rot-Weiss Waalen)
DF Pieter London (SK Heeyt)
DF/MF Jos Lloyd (Maritime - Cotdelapoms)
MF Henri Rikks (RSK Kapitel)
MF Ari var der Stappen (FK Waalen)
ST Toni Koppens (Waltwill)
ST Per Stuut (RSK Tirpenz)

Style modifier +1

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players N (if you wish to, please ask me first)
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players N (like injuries, ask first)
Godmod other events N

Windows Vista Business
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Windows Vista Business » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Starting 11:

GK - Goalkeeper:
John Hubert .3ds (GK) Age: 19

DF - Defenders:
Ste Allan .sca (CB) Age: 20
Humbert Milford .fla (SW) Age: 18
Gage Sebastian .flv (CB) Age: 19

MF - Midfielders:
Parker Tyron .bmp (RM) Age: 20
Aric Fred .wmv (CM) Age: 17
Zackery Everette .mov (CM) Age: 19
Raven Trenton .avi (LM) Age: 18

FW - Forwards:
Raymond Elsdon .wav (RW) Age: 20
eMachines eTower 366c [Star Player] (ST) Age: ??
Grey Kameron .kpr (LW) Age: 19

Bench:
David Blaze .dat (GK) Age: 18
Greg Kermit .wad (SW) Age: 20
Otis Freeman .sav (ST) Age: 19

Revserves:
Royce Elias .psd (GK) Age: 19
Darrell Wayland .zip (CM) Age: 20
Cooper Glenn .mp3 (ST) Age: 18

(Our citizens last names are file types)
(And eMachines eTower 366c is an actual computer)

And lets see what our star player to have to say for the cup:

eMachines eTower 366c:
*Windows error sound*

Team Age Avg:

Style modifier +2.5

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players N
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events N
Last edited by Windows Vista Business on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 4.50 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

Akbarabad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Akbarabad » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:38 pm

The Akbarabad national team for World Cup 53:
The starters
#1 Tariq Iqbal - (GK) Akbarabad Army
#2 Mahbub Alam - (DR) Akbarabad City
#5 Shayaz Azam - (DL) Caires City Football Club, C&M (Free agent)
#3 Ihsan Akbar - (DC) Akbarabad Army
#4 Zakir Ahmed -(DC) Akbarabad Army
#6 Khaled Assad -(ML) Akbarabad City
#8 Zeeshan Alam -(MR) Akbarabad Army
#7 Zohaib Khan - (MC) Akbarabad Army
#11 Rashid Hossain -(AMCL) Jibril Tariq
#9 Zahid Mohammed - (ST) Dover City, Newmanistan
#10 Samin Akbar –( AM/F) Pythons, Queer Poco el Mono Ara

Substitutes bench:
#12 Syed Aziz (GK) Akbarabad City
#13 Adil Ahmed (DC) Akbarabad City
#14 Naveen Azam (DC/L/R) Akbarabad Army
#15 Saeed Akbar (ST) Akbarabad Army
#16 Hamid Kabir (MC) Internacional de Penderia, Cafundéu
#17 Khaled Alam (MC/L/R) Jibril Tariq
#18 Kamrul Hassan (DMC) Jibril Tariq
#19 Najmul Bari (AMCLR) Akbarabad City
#20 Hassan Akbar ( DL) Akbarabad Army
#21 Hossain Ashraf (MC) Akbarabad Army
#22 Aleksandr Serov (ST) Akbarabad City
#23 Shahid Hassan (GK) Akbarabad Army

Starting lineup will always be this unless stated otherwise.

Home Kit: Green, red and red socks.
Away Kit: Red, green and green socks.

RP Permissions:
Everything except killing/major injuries. However, don't make my players act in any or have a particular attitude or a political view without clearing it with me through telegram first.

Style Modifier: +2
Formation:4-1-2-1-2

Kulverint
Minister

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:40 am

Kulverintian Roster for the 53rd World Cup

First Team:
1: Junao Minniana
2: Jaania Juliao
3: Vinnia Surtiania
4: Farné Dré@na
5: Zindrana Milliana
6: Bliuliana Jinniona
7: Friansza Vidarnia
8: Cinniao Hyianiya
9: Bliuvliana Hillunia
10: Janna Houkatli
11: Janni Milverki (C)

Subs:
12: Jos Ferana
13: Stianni Verstappen
14: Yuntia Ardana
15: Sven Johannson
16: Jean Le Milliana
17: Pyotr Xinkra
18: Werter Liannhianao

Reserves:
19: Hunki Yunniao
20: Janni Kulverint
21: Dervan Wentes
22: Aaran Millianya
23: Xiriana Milliana

The only major change from last time is that Xixi Milverki is out of the world cup after suffering an ankle injury during the Kulverintian cup final. He will be sorely missed.

Stadia de la Kulverint in Derastüun

Kulverint Home Kit

Kulverint Away Kit

Kulverint Alternate Kit

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: No
Godmod other events: No
Last edited by Kulverint on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 am

Home Stadium: Fan Hong Sutajiamu

Style: - 1.3
Field: 3-4-3

Field:

Albastro Yonders
170 cm, 75 kg, Age 25

Celias Hoobaso
175 cm, 74 kg, Age 23

Eli Gerea
182 cm, 80 kg, Age 29

Gulis Hosat
181 cm, 78 kg, Age 27

Ilius Debragos
175 cm, 71 kg, Age 21

Kodai Huta
177 cm, 77 kg, Age 26

Mollious Degra
171 cm, 65 kg, Age 22

Oliver Taliu
169 cm, 68 kg, Age 20

Qualis Husay
168 cm, 66 kg, Age 19

Sulis Grega
171 cm, 70.5 kg, Age 23

Bench

Folius Deba
186 cm, 85 kg, Age 30

Luika Tembe
186 cm, 80 kg, Age 31

Tofus Yake
177 cm, 75 kg, Age 25

Ue Teya
174 cm, 73 kg, Age 26

Wolu Juki
180 cm, 80 kg, Age 28

Choose my goalscorers N
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events N

Well, that is all!
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Tynelia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tynelia » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:09 am

Coach- Alan Malloy- age 49- the grandson of former legendary Tynelian keeper Vladimar “the Wall” Malloy., Coach Malloy was one of the key movers in the restoration of the Tynelian Scoccer Federation as one of the leaders in the New Othydoxic Christian Church of Reborn Othydoxy once that group came into power. Devoted to the game and his religion, Alan takes a page out of his grandfather’s book claiming that a stout defense to deny the other team the blessings of the Lord of Scores is just as important as seeing a multitude of those blessings bestowed upon his faithful. Or as he put it “I’d rather see us win 1-0 than lose 6-5.” After a shockingly impressive first Cup run and a 4th place finish in the group, a lackluster CoH was turned around by a good run in the DI and the team finds itself in the top 100 after only 1 cup. Privately Malloy thinks the team is probably a Cup away from becoming a serious contender for qualification but after the team’s last run anything can happen.
Assistant coach- Laurie Masterson- age 42. Great Granddaugther of Tynelian WC soccer legend- appearing as a player in 7 of them and 4 time WC Coach Jay Masterson and grandson of former WC member Jay Masterson Jr. Laurie is supposed to have the best tactical mind of any coach Tynelia has had since Adam Billington. Their heir apparent to Malloy who’s illnesses have limited his time working with the team this past season. Masterson may have the top spot as early as WC 54.

Style -3, formation 4-3-3
Daniels---- Masterson--- Watson
Canyon--- Logan--- Davis
Grant---- Johnson---- Allistair----- Credle
Grey

G- Harold Grey (age 29, starter)- back after a successful DI run and an impressive WC 32 Grey continues to improve as a keeper. With Tynelia again behind it’s soccer team he is expected to be the team’s keeper for some time to come.

G- Conroy Harris- (age 37- reserve)- arguably the best keeper in his day, is now pretty much on a ceremonial run here in his final official soccer event. Not expected to see much playing time his main goal here is to mentor young Mera Trytan in her first cup.

G- Mera Trytan- (age 20 reserve) A surprising addition in some ways as teams seldom carry three keepers but given Harris’ pending retirement it makes sense for the next generation to get some big game feel on a world stage. While Grey is expected to get the bulk of the work Coach Malloy has in the past been willing to toss young players out into the line of fire to see what they’re made of so she may see more action than expected.

D- Melodie Grant (age 26- starter) Melodie is an established veteran now known for her quick feet and excellent reads on the ball with a knack of ending up in the right place at the right time. Her average height has been a problem during corner kicks and such but in the open there are none in Tynelia who can match her.

D- Morgan Johnson- (age 30, starter) Morgan has slipped behind Grant as far as the best defenders in the country goes but is still a focre on the field. Some had claimed politics was behind his initial successes as Morgan is the son of the New Othydoxic Christian Church of Reborn Othydoxy High Priest Jacob Johnson. However he has silenced those voices by sampling being a great player.

D- Kyle Rosenthal (age 34- reserve), the lone jewish member of the team, Kyle lost his starting job to the younger legs of Marcus Allistair but is still expected to see plenty of action this cup as a floating reserve capable of playing well from any position on defense.

D- Justin Credle (age 28- starter) a solid workmanlike player, one of the better ballhandlers on the team. Soft spoken and seemingly camera shy he does his talking on the pitch and was solid if unspectacular last cup.

D- Marcus Allistair (age 23- starter) the tallest player on the team despite his youth this 6’9” giant towers over the rest of his teammates. He has worked on his stamina since last Cup and now has the team’s faith that he can go the full 90 minutes despite being the biggest player of the roster. He is perhaps the dominant force on the line during corner kicks for Tynelia, so much so that some feel he might be better suited as a striker.

D- Jennifer Lowes (age 33- reserve) a veteran presence from the last cup returns again this year as a reserve once more. She and kyle give the team loads of experience off the bench when games are tight late.

D- Andrea Fitzpatrick (age 20- reserve) After seeing limited action in the DI, Fitzpatrick managed to impress enough these last two years to be added to this year’s WC roster as Coach Malloy looks to expand his options from the bench.

M- Bradley Canyon (age 31-starter) a former marathoner, Bradley was a late arrival to the game of soccer despite playing some in high school and a year in college. Thanks to his running background he is the man most counted on to not run out of gas late in the game. As he once said. “Hey 90 minutes? I’d just be getting my second wind if I was running.” He has impressed with solid ballhandling skills since returning to the sport and still manages to run his teammates into the ground in this his second cup appearance.

M- Lincoln Davis (age 30-starter) the ironically named Davis seems to take any teasing out on his opponents in the pitch. An aggressive player he is most likely to be seen up running with the strikers and is occasionally burned because of it. However Coach Malloy likes his enthusiasm for the game and his devotion to the Lord of Scores which has given him his spot on the team. Davis led all non forwards with 4 goals last cup to put him 4th on the team.

M- Veronica Logan (age 28- starter) Logan is a playmaker and led the league in assists the past season earning her a spot on the team. The best passer on the team, she was instrumental in Tynelia’s surprising output of goals in their cup return.

M/D- Brad Wilks (age 31- reserve) Brad is a versatile player capable of holding his own as both a defender and a midfielder with his conservative style of play. As such Coach Malloy made sure to add him to the team in order to better protect a lead or maintain a draw late in the game. Lately though Wilks seems more comfortable at midfield than defense where he spent only a handful of games during league play this season.

M- Gregory Greenwood (age 29- reserve) Gregory (who dislikes being called Greg) is another defensive minded midfielder brought along to help protect a lead with Coach Malloy pulling one of the strikers in his place. Another player who found more playing time than expected last Cup as Tynelia found itself with many more leads to protect than anyone expected.

M- Jeff Harrison (age 21-reserve) another DI team member who led his college team in assists last season and looks about ready to challenge for a starting spot in the lineup soon. Coach Malloy likes his patience and his willingness not to force plays that aren’t there.

F- Jay Masterson IV (age 34, starter) younger brother of Laurie with the same pedigree, Jay is expected to follow in his great-grandfather’s steps and lead the team in scoring. A strong and usually accurate kicker his only weakness is sometimes trying to kick the ball too hard resulting in shots flying over the top of the crossbar. He did lead the team in WC 52 scoring with 17 goals. While getting up there in age Jay said his great grandfather played well into his 40s so why can’t he? This could be one of his last runs as a starter though.

F- Eric Daniels- (age 27-starter) now a scoring machine, Eric led the league in scoring the past three years proving Coach Malloy’s faith in selecting him last Cup. Voted “sexiest male athlete” in the three times in the last five years according to Tynelian polls he has his own fangirl group “Danny’s girls” which follow him from game to game. Second only to Masterson in WC scoring and the only other team ember to hit double digits with 11

F- Travis Keith (age 31- reserve) one of the best corner kickers in the league, Travis is considered more of a passer than a shooter however he will take advantage of any opportunities that present themselves forcing defenders to play honest with him. However he’s been made a reserve this time around as Coach Malloy looks to bump the offense even more by making Mia a starter this time around.

F- Mia Watson (age 24-starter) The “Mighty Mite” as she is called due to her size (barely topping 5’1”) which she takes advantage of on the pitch as she often gets lost in the shuffle among her taller teammates. Prefers the open field breakaway where she can take advantage of her excellent ball handling. Not the strongest shot on the team but is very accurate. Despite starting most games on the bench she managed 7 goals during the WC to place her third on the team. As a sign of her efforts Coach Malloy made her a starter for this cup.

F/M- Derek Claymore (age 20- reserve). Flexible enough to play at midfield or as a forward he gives added bench depth to the team. More of a passer than a scorer however.

F- Dana Richardson (age 19-reserve) another youngster here for experience, Richardson is expected to be the scorer of the bench. A Divine Striker in her chapter of the church, Dana is most devoted to her Lord of Scores and is always attacking on the field. She may get beat defensively but Malloy admires her devotion and aggressiveness to the score.

Venues- Danbridge Arena (seats 98,000- location Tynelian capital of Tyr, centrally located city)
Michael McPhee Memorial Stadium (seats 67,000- location- Tyr)
Heliodome (seats 75,000-location- Varrik southern coastal 2nd largest city. Vacation capital of Tynelia- best beaches in the country just outside the city)
Frozen Palace (seats 65,000- location- Damak- northernmost large city and 3rd largest city in Tynelia, known of its ski slopes and winter sports)

My opponent, if they RP first, may:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod Scoring Events N
Hand out Yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out Red cards to my players N
Godmod Other Events Y

D Land and Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby D Land and Isles » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:42 pm

RESIDENCE
LAST CLUB
2 Aaboubou, Hicham 1978/05/19 D 6'0 175 lbs MAR Laval Carabins de l'Université de Montréal
19 Agourram, Reda 1990/10/12 F 5'11 180 CAN Montreal Trois-Rivières Attak
40 Badescu, Andrei 1985/02/12 G 6'6 220 lbs ROU Ottawa Trois-Rivières Attak
21 Billy, Philippe 1982/01/13 D 5'11 183 lbs FRA Nantes, France Stade Brestois 29
3 Braz, Adam 1981/06/07 D 6'2 185 lbs CAN Montréal Toronto FC (MLS)
16 Charles, Wesley 1975/12/12 D 6'3 220 lbs St.Vincent-et-les-Grenadines Brighton Vancouver Whitecaps (USSF-D2)
32 Cossette, Kevin 1990/01/09 M 5'8 142 lbs Canada St-Hyacinthe Trois-Rivières Attak
23 deRoux, Stephen 1983/12/13 D 5'9 155 lbs Jamaican St-Mary's, Jamaica Minnesota Thunder
11 Di Lorenzo, Leonardo 1981/05/20 M 5'8 155 lbs ARG Buenos Aires, ARG Argentinos Juniors
22 Djekanovic, Srdjan 1983/01/08 G 6'1 190 lbs CAN Vancouver Vancouver Whitecaps (USL)
14 Donatelli, Tony 1984/06/07 M 6'1 180 lbs USA Glenside, PA Vancouver Whitecaps
24 Gatti, Simon 1981/02/16 M 5'10 155 lbs CAN Welland, ON Rhode Island (PDL)
10 Gerba, Ali 1981/09/04 F 6'0 195 lbs CAN Laval Toronto FC (MLS)
1 Jordan, Matt 1975/10/13 G 6'2 185 lbs USA Denver, Colorado Montreal Impact
17 Le Gall, Anthony 1985/03/07 M 5'7 152 lbs FRA Morlaix, France Plabennec
15 Leduc, Patrick 1977/12/26 M 6'0 175 lbs CAN Saint-Hubert Montreal Impact
30 Mayard, Pierre-Rudolph 1988/02/21 M 6'0 170 lbs CAN Montreal Trois-Rivières Attak
6 Pelletier, Richard 1988/11/30 D 6'0 160 lbs FRA Brest (FRA) La Vitréenne
5 Pizzolitto, Nevio 1976/08/26 D 6'2 190 lbs CAN Montréal Montreal Impact
9 Placentino, Rocco 1982/02/25 M 5'7 160 lbs CAN Montréal Montreal Impact
48 Provost, Dominic 1993/06/04 G 6'6 190 lbs Canada Mascouche CS Concordia
26 Ribeiro, Antonio 1980/10/08 M 5'9 170 lbs CAN Montréal San Jose (MLS)
12 Sebrango, Eduardo 1973/04/13 F 6'1 180 lbs CAN Vancouver, BC Vancouver Whitecaps
8 Soares, Filipe 1982/02/10 M 5'8 150 lbs PT Barrosas, Portugal CD Feirense
18 Terminesi, Marco 1984/09/05 M 6'0 175 lbs CAN Woodbridge, ON Minnesota Thunder

my opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events n

Style +3
Companies:
D Air
D City International Airport
Destination Hotel Group
Allez Cycles
Stone Furnitures
Francisport International Aeroport
Columbia Cruises

Olympic Medal Tally: 1 G, 3 S, 2 B
Cycling: Winner D City-Crumpston, Points Jersey 1st, 2nd, Island Tour. Stage 2,3, 2nd Island Tour, Stages 1,5, 1st Island Tour

Located in the Northwest

Hanox
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanox » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Formation: 4-5-1

GK: Peter Amadeus……………………..Volx FC
RB: John Serfix………………………....Maxom Academy
CB: Francis Luzky………………………..Dominion (Cotdelapoms)
CB: Harold Denizen……………………..Black Cherry
CB: Joseph Amadeus…………………..Volx FC
LWB: George Koller……………………..North Hanox Blizzards
RM: Brendan Moynihan………………..Hamlet State
CM: Paul Romadrius (C)……………….Sardat Juiti (Toiletdonia)
CM: Isaac Baye…………………………...Hamlet State
LM: Stephen Neuer………………………Avivus
CF: John Banville…………………………Krazaky BK (Unitopolis)

Subs
GK: Nicholas Rijkaard………………….Univerbardé (Unitopolis)
CB: Stephen Ko…………………………..Maxom Academy
RCM: James Marx……………………….Cardinal Perocchio FC
CF: Mark Mathers……………………...North Hanox Blizzards
CF: Jeremiah Yop-Baye………….…..Avivus

Manager: Francis Barr

Best Player - Paul Romadrius: Easily the best player in the entire Hanoxian squad, Romadrius is the nation’s top scorer with six goals from centre-midfield. A big money move to Toiletdonia can only improve his experience.
Style Modifier: -4

RP Permissions: Do whatever you want, just don’t kill Paul Romadrius

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 pm

About the team:
First game: Oxen Cup XI, L 0-4 Starblaydia
First goal: Oxen Cup XI, Geraldo Ayala against Taeshan
First win: Oxen Cup XI, 2-1 against Sativaville
Largest victory: Friendly, Delaclava 6-0 LeDoucheland
Largest loss: World Cup 50 post-qualifying friendly, Delaclava 0-6 Cafundéu

Kits: Courtesy of Sluiten (Delaclava)
ImageImageImage

Manager: Michelle Germaine
Assistant Managers: Alessandro Berrera (player), Hans Ullrich

STARTERS
GK 1 Graham Torres Catherina FC
DF 4 Lucio Magnani Steckholl United
DF 19 Sheldon Berrera Wiecester FC (Taeshan)
DF 3 Calvin Pope Steckholl United
DF 5 Jamal Pacheco Cleopatrana SC
MF 7 Stanley Ichtyelkov Catherina FC
MF 10 Mose Fuentes Catherina FC
MF 18 Ruben Hester Steckholl United
MF 00 Alessandro Campeon Berrera (c) Catherina FC
FW 9 Geraldo Ayala Steckholl United
FW 16 Simon De Braden Ventspils Bluewings (Somewhereistonia)

SUBSTITUTES
DF 24 Jim Molina Juegas
MF 27 John Ewing Good Liz Walsh
MF/FW 6 Darcy Mulrooney Steckholl United
FW 17 Zhenya Filatov Catherina FC
FW 86 Mustafa Shakur Unsigned
FW 12 Calvin Castillo Catherina FC

RESERVES/PRACTICE SQUAD
GK 35 Tiki Kahmaneh Tigers
GK 99 Kyle Tran Good Liz Walsh
GK 20 Saul Berrera Rhodes
DF 26 Alex Hickman South Harbor
DF 8 Chad DeLeon South Harbor
DF 11 Devin Santana Cleopatrana SC
MF 2 David Ward South Harbor
MF 22 Gordon Compton Good Liz Walsh
MF 15 Chet Hardy Blackwell
FW 28 Kurt Holcomb Blackwell
FW 13 Marko Berrera Metro Tirana
FW 23 Mikel Berrera Metro Tirana

Formations: 3-4-3 OR 4-4-2

Formation 1: 4-4-2 NOTE: In this formation, Calvin Castillo is removed in favor of Lucio Magnani.

GK Torres

RCB Pope----------LCB S. Berrera

RB Magnani--------------------------LB Pacheco

RCM Hester ----------- LCM Fuentes
RAM/RM A.C. Berrera-----------------------------------LAM/LM Ichtyelkov

RS Ayala--------------LS De Braden

Formation 2: 2-1-3-1-2-1 (3-4-3) Note: Here, DF Lucio Magnani is removed in favor of FW Calvin Castillo.
GK Torres

RB Pope------------------LB S. Berrera

CDM Pacheco

RM Hester------------------------LM Ichtyelkov
CM Fuentes

CAM A.C. Berrera

RW Castillo-----------------------LW De Braden
ST Ayala

Style Modifier: +4

Choose my goalscorers - Yes
Godmod scoring events - Yes, but within the realm of realism
RP injuries to my players - Yes, but no more than 2 a game and only minor (or say type of injury but not severity)
Godmod injuries to my players - Yes, but within the realm of realism
Hand out yellow cards to my players - Yes
Hand out red cards to my players - Yes, but no more than 2 a game
Godmod other events - Yes, but within the realm of realism
Last edited by Delaclava on Sun May 29, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Please assume YES for all answers in the Permission Box – just don’t kill anyone, K?
Ages are at World Cup LIII finals. Subtract two years for first half of qualifying, and one year for second half.

KRYTENIA 2146 WORLD CUP SQUAD
Modifier: +3

THE MANAGEMENT TEAM

Manager: Marc OLIC, 58
Assistant Manager: David IULIANO, 47
Goalkeeping Coach: David KELLY, 49
Defensive Coach: Steve DOMENICO, 42
Offensive Coach: Angel GUEVARA, 59
Physiotherapist: Marcus ASIMOV, 43

THE SQUAD

Goalkeepers

#1 GK Robert VENUS Age: 24
Club: Avidia United
Caps: 1 Goals: 0

#13 GK Matthew KERISS Age: 21
Club: Caledon Simpson
Caps: 0 Goals: 0

#18 GK Stephen BONIFACE Age: 32
Club: Sembulan (JES)

Defenders

#3 RB Darren SAVAGE Age: 29
Club: Mercia Bromham
Caps: 34 Goals: 0

#21 RB Daniel MURETTI Age: 21
Club: Emberton Reds

#5 CB Saffron LINES Age: 25
Club: Corinthian Spirits (STB)
Caps: 31 Goals: 2

#6 CB Anthony JOHNSON Age: 35
Caps: 67 Goals: 3

VICE-CAPTAIN

#14 CB Adam VIDMAR Age: 32
Club: Casuals Osteria
Caps: 3 Goals: 0

#23 CB Keith NESTOR Age: 20
Club: Royal Emberton

#2 LB Howard GOODLEY Age: 33
Club: Raynor City United (VAL)
Caps: 53 Goals: 0

#20 LB Ryan SERGEYEV Age: 22
Caps: 9 Goals: 0

Midfielders

#8 RM Warren KENNEDY-WORTHINGTON Age: 29
Caps: 63 Goals: 9

#12 RM Owain LLEWELLYN Age: 25
Club: New Cefn Albion

#4 CM Ricky SEXTON Age: 34
Club: Ousevale Borough
Caps: 64 Goals: 12

CAPTAIN

#7 CM Conrad DI MAGGIO Age: 31
Club: Caversham
Caps: 7 Goals: 1

#10 AM Kevin IRELAND Age: 30
Caps: 47 Goals: 23

#16 AM Scott ZOREMBA Age: 21
Club: Bradwell Saints
Caps: 14 Goals: 2

#11 LM Thomas SCARBOROUGH Age: 32
Club: RCSC Northwood
Caps: 60 Goals: 16

#19 LM Jon BARCLAY Age: 31
Caps: 11 Goals: 0

Forwards

#9 CF CF Damon PARKER Age: 32
Club: RCSC Northwood
Caps: 66 Goals: 40

#17 CF Zachariel KENNEDY Age: 26
Club: Stanton Town
Caps: 37 Goals: 22

#15 CF Simon CARTER Age: 20

#22 CF PARK Hyung-Moon Age: 26

LIKELY STARTERS
1 K Glass
3. D Savage – 5. S Lines – 6. A Johnson (VC) – 2. H Goodley
8. W Kennedy-Worthington – 4. R Sexton (C) – 11. T Scarborough
10. K Ireland
9. D Parker – 17. Z Kennedy

THE KITS

Manufactured by:

"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Nova Mercia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 16, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Mercia » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Please assume YES for all answers in the Permission Box – just don’t kill anyone, K?
Ages are at World Cup LIII finals. Subtract two years for first half of qualifying, and one year for second half.
Please note that Nova Mercia is made up of the southern provinces of Krytenia; as such, the players are of a surprisingly high quality for their rank. Please bear this in mind when RPing the team.

NOVA MERCIA 2146 WORLD CUP SQUAD
Modifier: +3

THE MANAGEMENT TEAM

Manager: Jaime KUU (STB), 61
Assistant Manager: Armando QUILMES (STB), 50
Goalkeeping Coach: Roger BERRY, 40
Defensive Coach: Andrew LONDON, 45
Offensive Coach: Stephen MORRISON, 51
Physiotherapist: Greg RHODES, 33

THE SQUAD

Goalkeepers

#1 GK Ian MARSHALL Age: 26
Club: Bradwell Saints

#13 GK Mark VICKERY Age: 20
Club: Notegia Rangers

#22 GK Pete OWEN Age: 18
Club: Putatan (JES)

Defenders

#2 RB Scott PHILLIPS Age: 23

#19 RB Leon GLEESON Age: 19
Club: Noton United

#4 CB Zachary LAWRENCE Age: 23

#5 CB Chris MINTON Age: 27

#14 CB Jamie NAYLOR Age: 20
Club: Ousevale Juniors

#23 CB Adam BRYANT Age: 21

#3 LB Matthew GOODE Age: 26
Caps: 0 (9 for Krytenia) Goals: 0

#17 LB Robbie WILSON Age: 20
Club: Cedrus Soundgardia (STB)

Midfielders

#7 RM Joe LENNOX Age: 28
Club: Caledon Simpson

#21 RM Liam VARNEY Age: 19

#6 CM Colin JAMES Age: 24
Club: Croxby (LOG)

VICE-CAPTAIN

#15 CM Adam COLFOX Age: 20
Club: Leston Town

#8 CM Calvin HOLSGROVE Age: 33
Caps: 0 (14 for Krytenia) Goals: 0 (2 for Krytenia)

CAPTAIN

#12 CM John COLE Age: 20

#10 LM David BENNETT Age: 29
Club: Notegia Rangers

#18 LM Jeremy BANKS Age: 21

Forwards

#9 CF CF Jason CROWE Age: 22
Caps: Goals:

#11 CF David BURNS Age: 30
Club: Royal Emberton
Caps: 37 Goals: 22

#16 CF Ronnie ROSE Age: 18

#20 CF Michael CHILTON Age: 20

LIKELY STARTERS
1. I Marshall
2. S Phillips – 5. C Minton – 4. Z Lawrence – 3. M Goode
8. J Lennox – 6. C James (VC) – 11. C Holsgrove (C) – 10. D Bennett
9. J Crowe – 11. D Burns

THE KITS

Manufactured by:

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Sorthern Northland national football team

Formation is 3-5-2 with a style modifier of +2.25.

Number, name, age, position (n/a for goalies and forwards), club (club's country in brackets, if not a Sorthern club)

Goalkeepers:

1. Yasser El-Borolossy, 23 y/o, 17th of October
13. Cathal Ó Sicín, 24 y/o, Baile an Fheirtéaraigh
23: Adrian Connolly, 27 y/o, Snowspire Communal

It's said that you have to be a bit mad to be a goalkeeper and Sorthern keepers arguably are. El-Borolossy is known to celebrate goals by jumping around on the crossbar, whilst Ó Sicín's call up is a remarkable rise to fame with him having been spotted by Baile an Fheirtearaigh whilst playing park football just under a year ago. A former poultry farmer he likes to keep a chicken in his goal. For luck he claims.

Adrian Connolly meanwhile isn't actually a goalkeeper but instead a forward listed as a goalkeeper in what can only be described as a glorious victory of wits over the decadent capitalists who insist on three keepers being named.

Defenders:

12: Laura O'Bagels, 31 y/o, right back, Beningrad
22: Mike Pohl, 27 y/o, left back, Tenderville United (Nethertopia)

With the switch to a 3-5-2 formation the two full backs are unlikely to get much playing time. It would appear that being the daughter of the founding leader of the country or being a mainstay in a TakilQuip Champions’ Cup runners-up team isn't enough to earn you caps for your country these days. Tsk.

3: David Black, 24 y/o centre-back, Snowspire
2: Andrew Heywood, 31 y/o centre-back, ISC Rig (Somewhereistonia)
5: Kaeton Fishsnapperbottom (captain), 29 y/o centre-back, Beningrad
16: Candelario Oliveira Tavares, 34 y/o centre back, Emberton Reds (Krytenia)
15: Michael Beck, 26 y/o centre-back, Castrograd

Black will play as the left-most of the back three, slotting in at left back where needed, whilst Heywood fills in a similar role. Just on the right instead of the left. Fishsnapperbottom will control operations from the centre, though a volatile showing at the Vahala Invitational suggests he may perhaps be spending more time suspended than actually playing.

Midfielders:

7: Siobhan Ní hÓgáin, 32 y/o right winger, Corcaigh
21: Tadhg Ó Lorcáin, 24 y/o, right winger, Beningrad

Having seen the ban on women playing top level football in Sorthern Northland being lifted largely in part due to her efforts during World Cup 49 and AOCAF Cup 28, Ní hÓgáin has made the number seven shirt her own after proving her critics wrong and developing into a fine winger with a knack for mazy runs, accurate crosses and an eye for goal.

Ó Lorcáin meanwhile hails from the fine academy of football that is the Little Clotaire based Saint Patrick's Football Club. Famous for producing really good Sorthern footballers and shipping them off to the real Clotaire to play for Port of Clotaire in the CMSC. Ó Lorcáin with his pace, his silky skills, and his oh so good crosses has all the attributes to follow in the footsteps of the likes Lee Waywide, Alan Cooper, Franny Sánchez Garciá and Iñaki Arrigorwhashisface. Which he looks set to do having (not-so-)recently(-now) signed with Portaire, bit of a shock that eh? Which backfired slightly what with the CMSC sadly suspended for now.

11: Baral Qaavigaaq, 27 y/o, left winger, East Reading
17: David Murphy, 30 y/o, left winger, Snowspire Communal

Baral Qaavigaaq, a player good with both feet (really though, these lot are professional footballers, they should be able to use either foot), a fine taker of set-pieces and coming from the Northern Wastes is a man who considers any temperature above 0°C as nice and warm has firmly established himself as Sorthern Northland's first choice left winger. Though when the biggest challenge to that is David Murphy, it's not much of an achievment.

6: Martijn Barentstochter of Bergkamp of Drotske of Groethuysen of Hackenbroch of Struycken, 32 y/o Central-midfielder, NAPCC (Nethertopia)
8: Will Hooper (vice-captain), 29 y/o, central midfielder, Beningrad
4: Kontos Gatsis, 23 y/o, central midfielder, Corcaigh
18: Aisling Ní Cheallaigh, 25 y/o, central midfielder, Rio Bonito (Cafundéu)
14: Arnold Tnetennba, 23 y/o, central midfielder, Felland Marsh

Barentstochter of Bergkamp of etcetera (we just tend to call him Martijn to be honest) as well as providing a massive windfall in takings on replica shirts for his club provides the box-to-box drive and grit and determination and all those other words that unstylish but effective midfielders are described with. Hooper meanwhile provides the creativity and the passes to bring the crowds to their feet, and having been shifted to the right wing at Port of Clotaire is versatile as well. Which is always handy. Kontos Gatsis, formerly known as Kostos Gatsis, meanwhile is a 'ard midfielder prone to bullying opposition players.

Aisling Ní Cheallaigh, who some are saying is the finest Sorthern attacking midfield talent since the Krofcky first broke onto the scene, is steadily building on that repuation with some tasty performances off the bench. And the odd tasty performance in lads mags as well. Arnold Tnetennba, as well as being a throughly nice chap who'll get you a very good score on certain daytime TV word based game shows offers a very good option as a back up player.

Forwards:

9: Eulàlia Marxuach, 27 y/o, ISC Rig (Somewhereistonia)
10:Dermot Wolfetone, 21 y/o, Heatfield City
19: Mikhail Komissarov, 29 y/o, Castrograd SC
20: Seán Ó Murchú, 26 y/o, Heathfield City

Having lost both Francisco Manuel Sánchez Garciá and Iñaki Arrigorriagakoa, both modern day Sorthern legends, in recent years the Sorthern attack might be expected to be somewhat weakened. Marxuach though has proved herself to be more than capable replacement since taking Sánchez Garciá's place whilst Wolfetone has made his names banging in goals for fun en route to fourth place at the Fifth Summer Olympics and by helping Sorthern Northland to the World Cup 52 final after forcing himself into the side during that tournament.

Ó Murchú might still be something of a raw product (which at 25 is starting to get a bit worrying) but he is always capable of finding the vague vicinity of the goal, a handy skill for a striker to possess. Though a number of his efforts do end up in row Z. Still, they said that about Lee Waywide once. Whilst Komissarov has proved to be a very good player for his club, question remain about whether he can make the step up to international football.

And to show the first choice starting line-up, the SNFA haven't bothered to really splashed out on fancy graphics and so all there is is to say that generally the starting line-up will be made up of the players numbered 1 to 11.

Not that we're stopping you from making a change or two to that line-up though.

Coaching staff:

Manager: Caio Meback

Assistant manager: Ray Kirs
Coach: Tighearnach Ó Conaill
Coach: Amets Urzúa
Fitness coach: Seòras Mac a' Ghrùdair
Goalkeeping coach: Jonny Sage
Physiotherapist: Ashleigh Trumble
Kitman: Fernando Cervera

Kits

Having finally decided that the kits designed to commemorate World Cup 50 might just be becoming slightly out of date the SNFA and Asal éide spóirt unleash a new set of kits!

Home/Away

RP thingy

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Godmod other events Y
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Albundania
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albundania » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Los Azuelen Starting 11:
K: Martin Kellogg (34 Y/O)
Considered the best keeper in Albundanian history, this man is just entering his prime and looks to remain a steady force in Albundanian footy for years to come.
LB: Marco Ulbrich (Vice-Captain) (24 Y/O)
The youngest Albundanian to have a cap for the national team (15 years and 318 days), the vice-captain really takes charge of an outstanding young Albundanian defense.
CB: Joel Nike (29 Y/O)
Not the best, but he'll do. His main weapon is his speed.
CB: Marion Andrews (25 Y/O)
A rather above average defender. As a wing back, he is untested in the middle of the field, though.
RB: Ryan Theriot (25 Y/O)
The man who really means business on the right side of the field. He is faster than most strikers, and he has the best standing tackle in the country. Made famous in Albundania for his magnificent goal against Lemanskigrad United in the AMFL, though.
LM: Yuri Konig (26 Y/O)
The fastest man on the team. He usually plays as a left winging striker, but Martin Simpson and Raul Ibanez both have better shots. Make no mistake, though, this man will burn you if you leave an opening.
CM: Alexi Webb (29 Y/O)
An outstanding center mid, he has great chemistry with the team and can get a pass into any nook or cranny he needs to. Poor shot, though.
CM: Q Inieta (25 Y/O)
Perhaps the best of the new stars, Q Inieta has skills. In everything. An excellent tackle. A blinding speed. A powerful rocket of a foot. Amazing footwork. And beautiful passing. This man is a threat, no matter what you do to counter him.
RM: John Mawrz (22 Y/O)(1 goal)
A quick tempo and wonderful knack for skill moves makes him Albundania's most loved winger, and also it's youngest goal scorer (17 years and 1 day)
ST: Jesus Silva (23 Y/O)(2 goals)
Recently announced as the replacement for Raul Ibanez at Lemanskigrad United, he's Albundania's free kick specialist. An all around decent striker, but his long distance shots are usually unstoppable.
ST: Raul Ibanez (29 Y/O)(6 goals)
The modern face of Albundanian football, don't expect to make a mistake on defense and not have Ibanez capitalize on it. Famous for being remarkably patient in looking for a gap, and with an excellent strike to follow it up. Not to mention his sheer speed.

Substitutes:
K: Kasey Kane (30 Y/O, F)
The first woman to make it to the WCQ for Albundania, she plays at about the same level as Martin Kellogg.
RB: John West (21 Y/O)
Not extremely fast, though he more than makes up for this with his strength. Often fouls, but often as not gets away with fouls without being called.
CB: Arbary White (31 Y/O)
This man is a wall in Center-back. However, his slow speed makes him less than a match for the best of strikers.
LM: Alexii Orb (32 Y/O)
Average in every sense of the word.
CM: Evan Liszeo (17 Y/O)
Son of legendary defender Kyle Liszeo, this younger Liszeo has proven himself to have the same speed and quick decision making process that made his father so great at the game.
ST: Kurt "Miracle Worker" Winger (27 Y/O)
This man doesn't have much, except for being the fastest player on the team. Usually get's subbed in late to take advantage of fatigue from the other team.
ST: John Belsh (28 Y/O)
He's an above average striker. Bit slow though, and that keeps him from starting.
Manager:
Jose Ricardo (52 Y/O)
Only his second finals appearance, looking to get further than the group stage and really establish Albundania's name in international football with this world cup. Looks to keep his job regardless of further result though.

Kits by X-Spordiga
Home:
Away:
Keeper:

Style Modifier: +2
Last edited by Albundania on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Soccer:
World Cup:
Qualified: 52-55
Ro16: 54
QF: 55
Finalists: 53

The Great Sandy Desert
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Sandy Desert » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Manager: James Sullivan (44)
Assistant Managers: Mark Lewis (51)

Goalkeepers:
00- Dwayne McInnes (22)
1- Clay Evans (29)
29- Justin Roberts (19)

Defenders:
3- Eric Freeborn (23)
11- Adam Wood (30)
14- Callum Hooley (24)
18- Glen Hussey (27)
8- Kevin Richards (35)
22- Bryce Kennedy (17)
31- David Willis (21)

Midfield:
4- Ashley Kendray (22)
5- Adam White (22)
8- Javier Reyes (24)
11- Adam Duffy (31)
17- Mitch Murray (22)
12- Christopher Hogarty (31)
20- Derek Williams (28)
24- Steven Bell (21)

Strikers:
7- Samuel Hanzel (23)
13- David Herron (21)
15- Greg Mosel (18)

Style Modifier: -1

Formation: 4-5-1

Code: Select all
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by The Great Sandy Desert on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Total n Utter Inanity
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Total n Utter Inanity » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:12 am

Total n Utter inanity have no specified players, as they cannot be bothered. Opponents can name their own players / creatures / whatever the hell they want to play against. Do whatever you like to them, as they won't be all that bothered! We probably won't pay all that much attention anyway.

Same goes for kits. The players will wear whatever.

They will play a standard 0 style, as they cannot be bothered thinking of any kind of formation.

Toyur
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toyur » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:43 am

Toyur Football Federation
Toyurska Fotbollförbundet

World Cup 53 Roster and Media Guide

Team Nickname - Bears

Kit (by X-Spordiga) -
Home:
Away:

Manager - Toomas Ergma (Somewhereistonia) - World Cup 52 was a bit of a write-off for the Bears, failing to qualify and failing in a less-than-convincing fashion. The team did not compete in the Cup of Harmony, and therefore there are concerns that Ergma has taken this team as far as it can go. Prevailing opinion amongst pundits, however, is that the players are more than capable to perform on the grandest stage of world football, and that Ergma's time is running low on getting these players to perform.

Style Modifier : +3, 4-4-2

Roster

1. Anders Eriksson, GK, 31 - Ridgemont Town (Queer Poco El Mono Ara)
2. Mikael Lilja, LB, 29 - Mayo Valley (Candelaria and Marquez)
3. Henrik Andersson, D, 26 - IK Peterstad
4. Gustav Johansson, CB, 26 - Mayo Valley (Candelaria and Marquez)
5. Paul Olafsson, RB, 27 - Southport Tigers (Newmanistan)
6. Mats Thorsson, RM, 27 - Aiken City United (Dancougar)
7. Daniel Björnsson, DCM, 24 - Clube Imperial (Cafundeu)
8. Oliver Solomonsso, ACM, 18 - Vaska FK (Somewhereistonia)
9. Oskar Ekman, LM, 21 - IK Heligljus
10. Kristofer Svensson, F, 29 - Augustus (Queer Poco El Mono Ara)
11. Viktor Eklund, F, 29 - Loudon Leopards (Newmanistan)

Substitutes/Reserves

12. Johann Olberg, GK, 27 - Tuleä
13. Markus Elm, GK, 29 - IK Stillhet
14. Markus Norström, D, 33 - Engenheiro Peres (Cafundeu)
15. Andreas Ljunggren, D, 22 - IK Kristiansberg
16. Markus Nylander, D, 24 - FK Perholm
17. Kristian Olsen, M, 30 - FK Perholm
18. Jesper Silfverberg, M, 19 - Vaska FK (Somewhereistonia)
19. Justin Tillström, M, 33 - Mayo Valley (Candelaria and Marquez)
20. Jakub Samuelsson, M, 29 - IK Isskog
21. Jonas Näslund, F, 26 - FK Vänstsida
22. Olaf Valberg, F, 19 - IK Kristiansberg

RP PERMISSIONS:
In the event my opponent RPs first, they may...
Select my scorers: YES
Give out yellow cards to my players: YES
Give out red cards to my players: NO
RP injuries to my players: Not without permission
Godmod injuries: NO
Godmod scoring events: NO
Godmod other events: NO

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 am

Team: ‘Bears Armed (Mainland)’, alias "The Bear-Belles"...

UPDATE: The Belles' roster was been changed slightly between the qualifiers and the actual World Cup itself, and the later version is over there.

Please note that — to many people’s surprise — this team now finds itself representing only the ‘Mainland’ portion of ‘Bears Armed’ once again, because the ‘Northlands’ have been invited to send their ‘NorthBears’ to this Cup as a separate entry. However as a substantial majority of this (“unified”) team’s members and support came from the ‘Mainland’ anyway this team can and does rightfully claim to be the successors of the “unified” incarnation of the ‘Bear-Belles’....

Yes, this is still an all-female team. As I’ve explained before, this is because the main ball-game that's traditionally been played in Bears Armed is actually a form of Rugby, but [for several reasons] the professional league for that sport is all-male and so some of the female players decided that switching to Soccer instead — and trying to establish a professional league for that — might be a viable alternative: That professional league was founded shortly after WC44, and so has now been in operation for a bit over thirty years.

As far as BA is concerned (at least for football), the qualifiers for WC52 are starting in 2045AD: The figures given here for people’s ages & lengths of experience should therefore be increased by 1 year for the second half of the qualifiers, and by another year for either the ‘World Cup itself (if we qualify…) or the ‘Cup of Harmony’…

All of the players are actual Ursines (i.e. anthropomorpic, bipedal Bears), except those whom I actually specify as being members of other ‘peoples’ instead. The Harr'aynau people are physically human (more-or-less, anyway, although inclined towards heavy builds & hairiness), but spiritually & culturally Ursine instead.

National football organisation: ‘Bears Armed Association for Soccer’ (= ‘BAAS’).
(Chairbear: Harroya ‘of the Rovers’ o Redwood [Chairbear of Merlchester Rovers S.C.; previously Captain of the Bear-Belles for some years…]]
National anthem: ‘Peace’.

All of the players are actual Ursines (i.e. anthropomorpic, bipedal Bears), except those whom I actually specify as being members of other ‘peoples’ instead. The Harr'aynau people are physically human (more-or-less, anyway, although inclined towards heavy builds & hairiness), but spiritually & culturally Ursine instead.

Staff

Manager & Chief Coach: Marra SunDaughter (female Ursine, a member of the ‘Sun Clan’; played in BoF31 & WC44, as the usual starter at ‘Left Forward’ and the team’s Captain, scoring a good proportion of the Belles’ goals’, and was also captain of her home team the 'Sun Valley Smashers’, but subsequently had to retire from active play due to a crippling injury to her right leg; involved in coaching her home team since then, and ‘Deputy Chief Coach for the national team during WC45; became Chief Coach for WC46, retaining that job when the ‘Bear-Belles’ became the “national” team of the ‘Mainland’ alone from WC47 onwards and became Manager as well after WC49; Soccer experience =10 years as a player, now in her 33rd year as a full-time coach; official age = 63 but was mysteriously ‘rejuvenated’ last year and now looks & moves more as though she’s back in her 20s or early 30s instead, left-pawed, fur = golden-brown, good eyesight even by human [rather than Ursine] standards... She played in last year’s Queen’s Cup and this year’s Draggonnii Inviyatii, as well as managing the Belles during both of those contests, but has now reverted to a purely off-the-field role again…)

Deputy Manager (Practical): Karra Caroline Thunder (female Human from Clan Gunnar, daughter of ‘Arri Thunder’ [who was the Belles’ first manager], played as a Midfielder in DBC13; graduated from National University [Council Groves] with a BSc in Sports Science, and has since added an MBA to that, was hired as an Apprentice Manager shortly before ‘Oxen Cup 14’ and then promoted last year; age = 27, hair = fair, right-footed, tends to be serious most of the time but can rrreally party when she decides to let her hair down…)

Deputy Manager (Admin): Urradarra o SwanWater (female Ursine, from Clan GreenWoods; formerly Deputy Manager of the Heroes’ Park Harlequins, and more recently a staff member at BAMAS [as it then was], originally appointed to this job for ‘Oxen Cup 14’; age = 36, fur = medium-brown & quite long [but fashionably so…], left-pawed).

Deputy Coaches _
Defending:
Jerrane o Grey _ Clan = GreyBear; with 24 years of experience as a professional footballer for various Clubs (most recently ‘Kabano Zepelin’ (‘Somewhereistonia’), most recently), as a good all-round Defender & Midfielder, and having played as one of the ‘Bear-Belles’ from ‘Oxen Cup10’ until they were eliminated from WC50, she has now been spent 5 years as a [full-time] coach followed by much of the latest year as a coach/player; age = officially 48 but was ‘rejuvenated’ last year and now looks more as though she’s back in her 20s, right-pawed, fur = ash-blonde, good eyesight, used to be a bit hot-tempered at times but mellowed with age… and has not reverted fully to her earlier impulsiveness being rejuvenated.

Attacking: Elga ‘the Leopardess’ Lightning _ Clan = Gunnar, spent 29 years with ‘PassPort Athletic’ as a Midfielder/Forward ( preferred position = Midfield Centre or Midfield Right or Right Forward) and was a player with the Bear-Belles too from DBC9 to the end of WC50 after which she was selected for this coaching job — although she has spent most of the last year combining that with playing — instead; age = officially 43 but was ‘rejuvenated’ last year and now looks more as though she’s back in her early 20s, right-pawed, fur = light brown; very keen eyesight, not as heavily built as most other Ursines, very agile & quite fast on her feet.

Doctor: Mitzi von und zu Steiffen (female Ursine, from Clan Kettar-Surra; age = officially 44 but ‘rejuvenated’ last year, left-pawed, fur = light brown.)

Physio: Gerrthra o Barrdenn (female Ursine, from Clan GreenWoods; age = officially 43 but ‘rejuvenated’ last year, left-pawed, fur = dark brown.)

Routemaster: Lieutenant-Colonel Harron o Harrha (male Ursine, from Clan BerryGlades and the Confederal Army’s General Staff Corps; age = officially 41 but ‘rejuvenated’ last year, left-pawed, fur = dark-medium brown & cut quite short: just appointed to the job, which involves handling all of the squad’s travelling arrangements.)

Security Chief: Urrthra MoonShadow (female Ursine, Silver-of-Night Clan; she is a ‘shabear’...), who doubles as the team’s ‘One Plus Seven’ chaplain.

“Mascot”: ‘The Wise Grorrfinn (male ‘TrueBear’; age = undisclosed [but considering some of his appearances in old stories apparently somewhere over 1’500, at least...], ambidextrous, fur = medium-brown).

Roster

(This list applies from Matchday Two onwards, but the game on Matchday One was actually played by a hastily-assembled squad of reserves and hopefuls instead because the “real” Belles had yet to get back home from the Draggonnii Inviyatii…)

(#1) Bella DeBruin _ Clan = WestWoods, Goalkeeper, had a lengthy & successful career as a goalkeeper for 'Wiston United' (“What a pity their attack wasn’t as good…”) , made her international debut for the Bear-Belles in the qualifiers for WC47 & remained in their active roster right through to the end of their participation in WC50 when she was selected for this job instead; playing experience = 31 years then, and also spent much of the latest year as a coach/player; age = officially 45 but was ‘rejuvenated’ last year and now looks & moves more as though she’s back in her 20s or early 30s, left-pawed, fur = dark brown.
(#15) Leerrau EastWalker _ Clan = WildWoods; home team = Victories of Vichr, category & usual position = Goalkeeper, experience = 20 years; age = 36, Harr’aynau humanoid, left-footed, hair = ginger; relies on speed & leaping ability, rather than on size & ‘power’. (She made her ‘international’ debut in ‘Eternal Flame 3’.)
(#30) Karramarsar Darra _ Clan = Ostbora, home team = ‘Stonengarten UH’ (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega), category & usual position = Goalkeeper, 31 years experience of Soccer; age = 44, right-pawed, fur = light brown, has good eyesight, very nimble; very good record in ''League' play. (She made her 'international' debut in Oxen Cup 12.)

(#2) Beorra Marra o Barrdenn _ Clan = GreenWoods; current team = ‘Lemanskigrad United’ (Albundania) (joined a ‘Junior League’ side, the ‘Barrdenn Bruinettes’, at the age of 13; transferred to the main team fifteen years ago, but wasn’t yet a regular member of its ‘starting’ roster when her transfer abroad occurred two years after that…), category = Defender, normal position = Left Back (but could also play well as a ‘Centre-Back’, or as a ‘Defensive Centre’…); age = 32, height = 7’2”, fur = dark-medium brown, left-pawed; (She made her ‘international debut’ as one of the newcomers included in the squad that (although I never got around to listing its members) the Belles sent to participate in [i]‘Eternal Flame 3’…)[/i]. She was named after a clan-mate & distant cousin, the ‘Beorra o Barrdenn’ who not only had a distinguished career with the Barbariennes but served as Centre Forward in the original line-up of the ‘Bear-Belles’ too. Fast on her feet, and now almost as big & strong as ‘The Locomotive’ was at her peak... but she’s not quite as impulsive as her namesake was.
(#3) Urrsirha _ Clan = Chargh’ghrarr; home team = Merlchester Rovers, category = Defender, usual position = Right Back, experience = 17 years; age = 31, left-pawed, fur = medium brown ; ‘CaveBear’ ancestry, so BIG… (WWC12 was her ‘international’ debut.)
(#16) Marra o Eastdale_ Clan = BerryGlades; home team = Kingly City, category = Defender, usual position = Left Back, experience = 18 years; age = 33, left-pawed, fur = dark-medium brown. (She made her ‘international’ debut in ‘Eternal Flame 3’.)
(#17) Arranarra o Harruorr _ Clan = Harruorr Erruur, home team = Heroes’ Park Harlequins, category =Defender, usual position = Right Back, Soccer experience = 9 years; age = 22, right-pawed, fur = medium brown. (She made her ‘international’ debut in DBC 14.)

(#4) Urra ‘Honey’ SunBlesséd _ Clan = Sun, home team = ‘Sun Valley Smashers’, category = Midfielder/Defender, usual position = Defensive Centre, Soccer experience = 40 years, and she has been in the national team since BoF31; age = 57 (but, although not amongst the people ‘rejuvenated’ last year, still seems quite ‘young’ both physically and mentally…), right-pawed, fur = ‘honey-brown’, very good eyesight even by human (rather than Ursine) standards. She is a very accurate kicker, and therefore one of the usual first choices for taking free kicks & penalties. Her nickname comes from her fur-colour, and her very sweet nature: Originally it was also because (as we must admit…) she was rather “thick”, but then she ‘grew-up’ mentally during WWC12 & the qualifiers for WC50 so that now she has a verrry good mind indeed… She acted as manager for the [combined] ‘Bears Armed’ U21 team that entered — and were runners-up in — DBC13, and also the team that reached the quarter-finals in DBC14.
(#5) Sunnarra o Redwood _ Clan = Redwood, home team = 'Heroes' Park Harlequins, category = Defender/Midfielder, usual position = Centre Back/Defensive Centre/Centre Half, 26 years experience of Soccer; age = 38, right-pawed, fur = light brown; quite fast; has a degree in Military Science. (She made her ‘international’ debut in Oxen Cup 11, but wasn’t then selected for a World Cup squad until WC48...)
(#30) Erra o MiddleMarch _ Clan = March; home team = WildFair Warrriors, category = Defender/Midfielder, usual position = Centre Back/Defensive Centre/Centre Half, experience = 14 years; age = 30, right-pawed, fur = dark-medium brown (& a bit longer than average, although probably not quite what most people would call “long” rather than “average”…); not as much of a tactician as either of the team’s other two ‘Defensive Centres’, but skilled at her job and apparently tireless… (Oxen Cup 13 was her international debut.)

(#6) Urrthra ‘White Lightning’ Lightning _ Clan = Gunnar, home team = Newton Arsenal, category = Midfielder, usual position = Midfield Left, experience = 10 years; age = 23, left-pawed, fur = verrry light brown; nimble & decidedly fast on her feet, she has good eyesight even by Human standards. (DBC 14 was her international debut.)
(#7) Renatha Virra’s-daughter _ Vokksurr (i.e. anthropomorphic Fox) female; Clan = WildWoods; home team = WildFair Warriors, category = Midfielder, usual position = Midfield Right, experience = 13 years; age = 28, right-pawed, fur = russet, only 5’6” tall; verry good at popping up where & when she’s not expected… (DBC 14 was her international debut.)
(#20) Irryane Porravtso _ Clan = Ostbora, home team = ‘OstPort Dynamo’ & ‘Anbridge Town’ (Eastern Volleyball), category = (Attacking) Midfielder/Winger (preferably deployed on the left), usual position = Midfield Left, experience = 21 years; female Harr’aynau humanoid, age = 37, red-brown hair, right-footed. (‘Oxen Cup 12’ was her debut in international football.)
(#21) Jerranaya SunChild _ Clan = Sun, home team = 'Sun Valley Smashers', category = Midfielder or Forward or Winger, usual position = Midfield Right, 21 years experience of Soccer (mostly in front row); age = 32, right-pawed, fur = golden-brown, has very good eyesight, big and very fast, "a natural talent". (‘Oxen Cup 12’ was her debut in international football.)

(#10) Urrsa SunBlesséd _ Clan = Sun, home team = ‘Sun Valley Smashers’, category = Forward, usual position = Centre Forward (but also plays well at Right Forward), 25 years experience of Soccer; age = 35, right-pawed, fur = ‘wheaten’; very good eyesight, and accuracy at long ranges as well as shorter ones. (‘Oxen Cup 12’ was her debut in international football.) She is the team’s Captain.
(#11) Irrarla SunDaughter _ Clan = Sun; home team = Sun Valley Smashers, category = Forward, usual position = Left Forward, experience = 18 years; age = 35, ambidextrous, fur = golden-brown, very good eyesight (even by Human standards), more agile – and less likely to rely on momentum – than many of her team-mates… She is a niece of Marra SunDaughter, but won this place on genuine merit. (WWC12 was her ‘international’ debut.)
(#12) Elga ‘the Leopardess’ Lightning _ Clan = Gunnar, spent 29 years with ‘PassPort Athletic’ as a Midfielder/Forward (main role here = Right Forward, but can also play well at Midfield Centre or Midfield Right) and was a player with the Bear-Belles too from DBC9 to the end of WC50 after which she was selected for this coaching job — although she has spent most of the last year combining that with playing — instead, doubles as the team’s Deputy Coach (Attacking); age = officially 43 but was ‘rejuvenated’ last year and now looks more as though she’s back in her early 20s, right-pawed, fur = light brown; very keen eyesight, not as heavily built as most other Ursines, very agile & quite fast on her feet.
her international debut.)[/i]
(#23) Beorra-Marra-Charra o Redwood _ Clan = Redwood, home team = Merlchester Rovers, category = Forward, usual position = Centre Forward, 11 years experience of Soccer; age = 24, ambidextrous, fur = medium brown with hints of dark red. (DBC 14 was her international debut.)
(#24) Jhargeena Lightning _ Clan = Gunnar, home team = ‘Newton Arsenal’, category = Forward, usual position = Centre Forward or Right Forward, 9 years experience of Soccer; age = 23, right-pawed, fur = light brown, good eyesight even by Human standards, fast on her feet; identical twin of #27, with whom she shares a rapport that makes them especially effective when playing together. (DBC 14 was her international debut.)
(#25) Errsae Moonlight o Herrchaum _ Clan = Herchaum, home team = Heroes’ Park Hellions, category = Forward, preferred position = Left Forward, 8 years experience of Soccer; age = 22, left-pawed, fur = silvery when in moonlight but otherwise light brown; sometimes seems to have some sort of ‘second sight’ about what’s going to happen in the next few seconds…. (DBC 14 was her international debut.)

(#14) Karramrassar Ulgarra _ Clan = Ostbora; home team = OstPort United, category = Winger, usual position = Left Winger, experience = 15 years; age = 28, left-pawed, fur = medium-brown with blonde highlights; rapidly making a name for herself in the League, she rarely scores goals but is rather good at setting them up for her team-mates. (Oxen Cup 13 was her international debut.)
(#13) Karrtla Redwood _ Clan = Redwood, home team = ‘Mighty Redwoods’, category = Winger, usual position = Right Winger, 26 years experience of Soccer; age = 36, right-pawed, fur = golden-brown, has good eyesight. (She entered international football in DBC9.)
(#26) Ferrae Mirrimng’s-daughter _ Clan = Verravokkurr [Free Sept]; home team = Heroes’ Park Harlesquins, category = Winger, usual position = Right Winger, experience = 19 years; age = 34, Verrvokksurr (i.e. human-sized anthropomorphic Fox), right-pawed, fur = ginger. [i](WWC12 was her ‘international’ debut.)
(#27) Darronthna Lightning _ Clan = Gunnar, home team = ‘Newton Arsenal’,, category = (Attacking) Midfielder/Winger (preferably deployed on the right), usual position = Right Winger, experience = 9 years; age = 23, right-pawed, fur = light brown, good eyesight even by Human standards, fast on her feet; identical twin of #24, with whom she shares a rapport that makes them especially effective when playing together.

Usual Starters: #1-3, 4 or 5 (alternating, probably), 6-7, 10-14.
Usual substitutes: # 5 or 4 (alternating, probably), 15-17, 20-21, 23-27.

Style: Offensive, modifier = +2.5… ("A good offence is the best defence"...)
Their usual formation will include a front row of at least 5 (normally arranged as 3 strikers & 2 wingers), with 2 midfielders, 2 backs, and either a ‘Defensive Centre’ (whose starting position would be at the midpoint of an imaginary cross drawn between those other four non-forwards’ positions) or a third midfielder depending on the Manager’s decision before each match.

Opponents may _

Choose my goalscorers: Y (but the Forwards, and then the Wingers, are likeliest to fill this role...)
Godmod Scoring Events: Y

RP injuries to my players / Godmod injuries to my players / Hand out Yellow cards to my players / Hand out Red cards to my players: Y to all, at least to start with, but remember what I've written here and keep it in limits accordingly... Any serious offences by my players would probably result in injuries to your players, and causing any serious injuries to my players would probably require such obviously-deliberate attacks that your players would get yellow or even red cards as a result too. Don’t kill anybody, or inflict injuries that would be serious enough to end careers, without checking with me & getting my approval (which is unlikely to be granted…) first.

Godmod Other Events: Y, I suppose, at least as long as you do so in an AMUSING way... but please remember that Ursines are fully sapient beings, as much as Humans are, not instinct-driven animals. Oh, and of course female Ursines are not sexually interested in Humans (of either sex), and it's very unlikely that female Harr'ayanau would be either. Please don't have them run amok or outright revert to animality, without checking by TG first, don't make assumptions about their views on politics or religion, and don't do anything that would make more than one of them incapable of playing in their next game...

Kit: This incarnation of the team wears the same set of designs (from ‘ediraf’) that the “unified” national squad did for WC52, with the ‘Association’ badges still staying ‘BAAS’ rather than the [now] more accurate ‘BAMAS’. See "here" for details.
Bears Armed has traditionally used base-8 arithmetic, for several reasons, and this has affected the set of numbers used for this team’s players: Also, the number “22” has deliberately been left unassigned out of respect for its first [& only] wearer who died a heroine’s death during the year immediately following WC444…

Home ground
1/. Wimbley Stadium:
Located a few miles to the north-north-west of Council Groves (our capital city), to which it is connected by rail as well as by road, this stadium was built from scratch — on part of a former Confederal Army base’s site —shortly before thev qualifiers for WC52 began as a replacement for the Bear-Belles former “home” at ‘Plumtrees Park’ which has now been demolished. Its current capacity is approximately 60'000 for Ursines: Fitting about 40’000 humans into the visiting fans' half should be possible, and so that's as many as we'll let into the country. Accommodation for visiting teams & their staffs will be provided in a new hotel, less than a mile away, which has staff who are accustomed to dealing with Humans as well as with Ursines. The various other hotels in that complex and those at Council Groves can now provide about 10’600 rooms at a time, at varying prices, although of course some of those may already have been booked by people who have nothing to do with the Cup. Accommodation (at a fairly basic level) for up to 15’000 supporters will be available, at reasonable prices, in students' residences for the National University’s campus in that city: if any more than all of those facilities put together can house want to attend a match then they’ll have to borrow space in the area’s remaining Army camp instead...
There are still no direct inter-regional flights into Council Groves, so that visitors will have to travel by way of one of our neighbours and then continue onwards by one of the limited number of "local" air-flights or by rail. (People planning to arrive by rail will still have to travel via the nation of Mikitivity, but extra services will be organised on that route...)

NOTES

Ursines may tend to be a bit less agile & slower to accelerate than humans on average, but this team's members were carefully selected so the gap between them & their opponents in this respect should be narrower than some people might expect. They do tend to have slightly poorer eyesight than humans, on the whole (although the members of both Clan Gunnar and the Sun Clan are generally an exception to this rule, and the eyesight of the latter group is actually often at better-than-human levels instead), so long-distance passes & shots at goal will tend to be rarer behaviour for them than they are for human teams... but their typical size & strength mean that when they're running with the ball it will probably take a very brave human -- as well as a very skilled one -- to tackle them successfully, which should balance that factor pretty well. They don’t jump very well, but then they’re generally rather taller than most Human players to start with.
They're physically robust, of course, which means that they're much less likely than humans to suffer injuries in falls or collisions. The females of this species are more even-tempered than the males, and the team's members will try to stay on their best behaviour not only in order to do well in this contest but also to impress upon the watching humans that Ursines aren't just "dumb beasts". They will not 'dive', or feign injury in other ways, because suggesting that they could be harmed so easily goes strongly against the grain. ‘Northlanders’ are maybe not quite as "civilised" as the 'Mainlanders'… or, at any rate, that’s the traditional stereotype..
Cold weather should pose no problem to them, even if there's snow or ice on the pitch, but tropical heat might prove awkward...

Unless our hosts at the match in question object, this team's members (including the designated substitutes for the match in question) will perform a [fairly short] ritual that's called the 'harrdiharr' on the pitch just before play begins... This is a traditional war-dance, meant to over-awe opponents, that has come to be a customary prelude for team games as well (similar to the [RL] New Zealanders' 'haka'...). : )
As has now been seen during various tournaments, some of our fans like to take drums — and possibly cow-horns, or other "musical instruments", too — along to the matches...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am

by Vladimir Hyralov

As our first ever attempt at our first ever World Cup, comes closer. Our national manager, who is also manager of the Mytanar Prima Lega front-runners - Thessia Zenith is Mr. Theo Wekkler, the man who is managing our side, picked some surprise inclusions. But the team should be sound enough, for this tournament. In the World Cup Qualifying, we'll be lagging far behind for at least five or six attempts. But as our players improve, we will become better and better. We have a chance to make history here, and make it - we hope to.

This is mainly about the team announcement, so here it is. The team includes at least three surprise picks. And is made up mostly of the top four team's players, Port Jarko Rebels, Thessia Zenith, Parr Power and Decraa Chargers. There are a few players from other clubs however - but they will mostly be bit-part players, it is expected. I am the first to point out the announcement in a newspaper. With Lacrosse being a huge sport in our nation, lacrosse and football (proper football as in 'soccer') competing for the 'best sport' category...And of course our Lacrosse team going to the final of the IXth World Lacrosse Championship. So here it is, the twenty-three man squad and note that only the starting players are going to get biographies, I have a word count to stay inside!

(Starters in Dark red)
(Order is number - name - age - team-)
Goalkeepers
#1 - Juri Juric - 29 - Port Jarko Rebels -
The Port Jarko Rebels goalkeeper. Let in the least goals in last season's Mytanar Prima Lega. And held the most clean sheets. In their title winning-season. He was one of the most influential players that has played for them. Having captained them, when long-time inspirational captain, Joep Bang was injured. He will be one of the starters for the team.

#12 - Jepg Imago - 26 - Trunca Dragons -
#23 - Jarni Pelenka - 27 - Decraa Chargers -

Defenders
#2 - Adrian Njulae - 21 - Port Jarko Rebels -
The young left-back, had bagged a starting-place in the Mytanar national team's line-up. He is one of the younger players in the side, just reaching his twenty-first birthday. He is a good tackler, timing his challenges well - to really stop opposing attackers in their tracks. He may be young but already has a Mytanar Prima Lega title winners-medal. And is experienced for his young age.

#3 - Speic Fyfat - 21 - Trunca Dragons -
Another young defender, and an influential one. Making many important challenges at the back, to take his side to fifth place in the league. And also to the Globe Cup, the biggest stage that any of our players have played at...apart from the Port Jarko boys. But that doesn't matter. This is his time to shine, and we think he will. He'll wear his heart on his sleeve, and will go into tackles with everything he has. This is his chance...

#4 - Carlo Dirarno - 21 - Decraa Chargers -
So far, all of our players are aged 21, well all of our defenders are aged 21. Could this inexperience count against us? We hope not, and it certainly shouldn't for Carlo. Who was signed by Decraa at the age of eleven, so has been with the club for ten years. He has moved up the ranks of youth team, to reserve team. And then was put into the senior side. He has now been called up for the international side. And should be a good addition to it, being very tall. He is an extremely physical player, this should help him against all types of opposition.

#5 - Jlo Sita - 29 - Miago Smoke -
Now, his club side. May not be the best...at all. Finishing eleventh in the last Mytanar Prima Lega. But Jlo, was one of the stand out players for his team. Making some important decisions, to make sure they didn't finish bottom of the league. He is a small, quick player. Who preferes to stay back, and defend. Rather than bomb forward as most other full-backs like to. He will be the stay-at-home full-back, whilst Adrian Njulae attempts to get forward at every attempt.

#13 - Ekse Hern - 20 - Miago Smoke -
#14 - Peter Toae - 21 - Thessia Zenith -
#15 - Kun Baracs - 29 - Thessia Zenith -
#16 - Pirees Mesa - 24 - Port Jarko Rebels -

Midfielders
#6 - Jukka Ritaile - 21 - Miago Smoke -
Another player from Miago Smoke, a team that not many players were meant to be provided from - having finished second-to-last, in the league. But Jukka Ritaile, is one of the best players in our nation, he will play as a left-centre-midfielder. Although he normally is a flying winger, he will have to adapt his game, to a more creative type of play. Whereas he'd normally use his burning pace, just to blaze past defenders. He'll have to be ready to slow down, and look at his options.

#7 - Robin Hjik - 19 - Thessia Zenith -
Nearly single-handedly, took his team to second-place in the Mytanar Prima Lega, and to a Trophie del Nationale victory. He is a box-to-box midfielder. Who wins the ball, and then attacks. He is one of the most talented players in the team. Able to make the change between defence and attack in a flash. He may still be young, but he will be an important part in the machine - that is our squad.

#8 - Joep Bang - 38 - Port Jarko Rebels - TEAM CAPTAIN -
The old-timer, the veteran, the legend...The Captain. In our first international fixture, he will lead the side out. He will be - the - team. Representing every single one of them. He is a veteran for our side. A legend of Mytannion. One of the best players our nation has ever seen. He will be the more defensive of our three midfielders. In our 4-3-2-1 system, or the duapv'fuxp system which is employed by Theo Wekkler at international level, these three will sit on the halfway line, but Joep will be the most defensive of the three. And allow Hjik and Ritaile, to go forward and attack the opposing defenders.

#17 - Michael Tekenye - 28 - Port Jarko Rebels -
#18 - Nyar Utca - 18 - Thessia Zenith -
#19 - Florain Mager - 20 - Parr Power -
#20 - Lenart Goricag - 21 - Decraa Chargers -

Attackers
#9 - Radoslaw Famoc - 21 - Port Jarko Rebels -
Will play the central-striker in the attacking three. Ahead of his two other strikers. He is the player who has scored the most ever goals in the Mytanar Prima Lega, and will be the player that leads the line for our attack. He is pacy, and has a great shot. And eye for a pass. He will be one of the most important players on our team. Let's hope he has a good tournament for our own sakes.

#10 - Laze v Tuhinju - 23 - Decraa Chargers -
Will play in behind Famoc, he is a taller striker, but a more creative one than Famoc, and will probably be able to dribble around a whole lot more players than Famoc shall. He has the eye for a killer pass, and has one of the highest rate of assists. With nearly three every two games. He is also an amazing goalscorer in his own right, and will surely chip in with a few goals himself.

#11 - Deniz Militurkka - 23 - Parr Power -
The other striker that will play just in behind Radoslaw Famoc. He will play on the left side however, as he has a rifle of a shot with his right foot. This means that he will be able to cut inside, and shoot, on his favoured foot. He has a brilliant scoring rate, and will be extremely important to the cause that we have. He will score, or will most probably be dropped from the side. In favour of one of the two other strikers that have been selected.

#21 - Lijenost Klinički - 15 - Thessia Zenith -
#22 - Imre Ulsson - 22 - Trunca Dragons -

The last two picks, are probably the two biggest surprises in the twenty-three man squad. Lijenost, being fifteen will spark a whole lot of controversy. He isn't even out of school properly, although he doesn't go to school anymore. Instead being taught at the Thessia Zenith School of Excellence. Where players have to go up until the age of seventeen, if they want a place in the side. He only trains four days a week at Thessia. Which could be a huge problem, as his fitness could be suspect. His scoring record cannot be argued with at all though. And this should be a huge part of his game, as he should have the chance to come on from the bench - and score. If he doesn't he will be dropped for World Cup qualifying. Or should be...Imre Ulsson, is a pacy player. Who has a mohican, his crossing is brilliant, it is said that he has been able to land the ball on a tissue at the Trunca training ground. His shooting isn't the best, but it is thought he will play in one of the roles in, behind our main striker. He isn't normally a striker at club level, but a winger. So this could make a difference to the way that he plays.

Come on the Wolves!

Permissions.
Choose my goalscorers: Yes.
Godmod scoring events: Yes, use your imagination!
Roleplay injuries to my players: Yes, but I shall choose the severity.
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, but I shall choose the severity.
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes.
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes, but no more than two in one game please.
Godmod other events: Yes, but nothing that goes against what my nation stands for. So TG me before doing anything really big. My fans are aggressive in all sports however, so crowd trouble is fine.
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Jesselton
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jesselton » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:26 pm

News deleted. No news is getting out of the Jesselton's border. Hail the new regime.
Last edited by Jesselton on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Krieg Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krieg Empire » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:04 pm

(( OOC: Ok guys, since I have yet to make my uniforms or roster since this is my first world cup, Im going to post my RP preference and be done with it. Id like to take time to do my roster and uniforms and not rush through them; anyways, My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goal scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events (Please telegram me first so I can know though): Yes

Since I dont have an official roster yet, obviously you cant tell what my players names are. Just use random numerical values, IE, 'Player 23' or, 'Goalkeeper 2', etc. ))
Sig is being reworked!
||

The Ursine Northlands
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Ursine Northlands » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:55 am

Team: The Ursine Northlands
Nickname: ’The NorthBears’

Colours: orange with violet trimming, or vice versa for 2nd kit, goalkeeper as whichever of these the rest of the team isn’t wearing that day; produced by Tenderville (as agreed IC, although OOC we never got around to getting this done…) Plain white for goalkeepers. (New detail…)

Home ground: ‘NorthLands National Stadium’, at NorthPort (which was originally built for WC49’s qualifiers).

Manager / Chief Coach: Errmintrra o RedSun _ Clan = Red Sun [Free Sept]; played as Striker or Winger [usual position = Right Forward] for ‘NorthPort Navigators’ for 26 years; she actually made her ‘international’ debut as a reserve in the “undivided” ‘Bears Armed’ team for the ‘WC46’ cycle, as its first ever recruit from within the Northlands League’, and remained with them after that for both ‘Oxen Cup11’ & ‘WC47’ then became Captain of the ’NorthBears’ instead; doubled as that team’s ‘Attacking Coach’ for the ‘Cup of Harmony’ in the WC51 cycle, and retired from playing to take up the job of Deputy Manager for the reunified national team instead shortly after the decision to re-merge the two teams had been taken; official age = 46 but was ‘rejuvenated’ last year — since when she has played for the Bear-Belles in the Draggonnii Inviyatii — and now looks more as though she’s back in her 20s or early 30s, right-pawed, fur = light reddish-brown, above-average eyesight.

Deputy Manager/Coach: Emma o RedSun _ Clan = RedSun [‘Free Sept’]; plays for = ‘Snowspire’ (Sorthern Northland), category & usual position = Goalkeeper, experience = 24 years as player + 6 years as coach; age = officially 45 but now physically as if back in her mid-20s, right-pawed, fur = reddish-brown; of proven ability, actually made her ‘international’ debut as a reserve in the “undivided” ‘Bears Armed’ team for the ‘WC47’ cycle but was transferred to the NorthBears as soon as those were established separately and played for them until the end of the Cup of Harmony following WC52; subsequently retired from playing, to help coach the nation’s “unified”U21 team, and was amongst the people who were mysteriously “rejuvenated” when they got lost on the way to DBC15 but has not returned to playing professionally since then.

Roster

(This list applies from Matchday Two onwards...)

(#13) Elga Thuleann _ Clan = Thuleann; home team = AmmFarhr Adventuresses, category & usual position = Goalkeeper, experience = 28 years; age = 40, left-pawed, fur = ‘white’ (as she’s from a ‘Polar’ stock, which also means that she’s rather large even by Ursine standards...).
(#27) Rosa o SnowWhite _ Clan = SnowWhite [‘Free Sept’], home team = ‘Stonengarten UH’ (‘Andossa Se Mitrin Vega’) (recently acquired by them from ‘NorthGate Nomads’, who are one of BA’s professional teams although perhaps not quite of the first rank), experience = 13 years; age = 26, right-pawed, fur = ash-blonde. (from the ‘Northlands’, but ancestry = ‘brown bear’, not ‘polar’…)
(#30): Goalkeeper _ Arrabarra o WehrthHwued _ Clan = Errhabarra; Home team = , usual position = Goalkeeper, experience = 5 years; age = 21 years, left-pawed, fur = light-medium brown. (She was supposed to be in B.A.’s “united” team for DBC15, last year as we reckon matters, but was on the plane that got lost on the way there so that it’s this tournament that is now her international debut instead.)

(#12) Sarra o Urrseorn _ Clan = Urrset; home team = NorthGate Nomads, category = Defender, usual position = Right Back, experience = 29 years; age = 43, left-pawed, fur = brown with a reddish tinge; twin sister of #16, with whom she has a strong rapport that increases their effectiveness on the pitch.
(#11) Marra o Urrseorn _ Clan = Urrset; home team = NorthGate Nomads, category = Defender, usual position = Left Back, experience = 28 years; age = 43, right-pawed, fur = brown with a reddish tinge; twin sister of #15, with whom she has a strong rapport that increases their effectiveness on the pitch.
(#26) Hergha Grimmr-o-DarkDale _ Clan = Thuleann; home team = Bhrorskerll Barbariennes, category = Defender, usual position = Right Back, experience = 6 years; age = 22, right-pawed, fur = dark brown; a very promising youngster. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#25) Urrsarra Thuleann _ Clan = Thuleann; home team = Bhrorskerll Barbariennes, category = Defender, usual position = Left Back, experience = 27 years; age = 39, left-pawed, fur = medium-brown; rather large, but deceptively nimble too.

(#10) Sarra-Lirra o Weorthinch’hrurr _ Clan = Errhabarra; Home team = BarrKasthurh Rovers, usual position = Lynchpin, experience = 12 years; age = 30 years, right-pawed, fur = light-medium brown. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#24) Marranna SalmonCatcher _ Clan = SeaBear; Home team = NorthPort Naviagtors, usual position = Lynchpin, experience = 10 years; age = 27 years, left-pawed, fur = medium brown. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#31) Sammhra Fairbarrrhn _ Clan = Sun; Home team = NorthGate Nomads, usual position = Lynchpin, experience = 7 years; age = 25 years, ambidextrous, fur = blonde, eyesight = good even by Human standards; a very good tactician. (This tournament is her international debut.)

(#7) Mearro o Georrangharh _ Clan = Errhabarra; Home team = BarrKasthurh Rovers, usual position = Midfield Right, experience = 10 years; age = 26 years, right-pawed, fur = medium brown. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#6) Marra Herrai’s-darthrurr vu Norrlantter _ Clan = Thuleann; home team = Karne Konqueors, category = Midfield, usual position = Midfield Left, experience = 9 years; age = 24, left-pawed, fur = ‘white’ (as she’s from a ‘Polar’ stock), not as large as some of her people but very fast on her feet. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#23) Ulga Thuleann _ Clan = Thuleann; home team = AmmFarhr Adventuresses, category = Midfield, usual position = Midfield Right, experience = 26 years; age = 43, left-pawed, fur = ‘white’ (as she’s from a ‘Polar’ stock), rather large even by Ursine standards but very fast too; mostly played as a Forward until the year in which this Cup starts...
(#21) Orlhure Siggry’s-darthrurr _ Clan = Thuleann, home team = NorthPort Raiders, category = Midfield, usual position = Midfield Left, experience = 15 years; age = 32, left-pawed, fur = light brown. (This tournament is her international debut.)

(#4) Buffie o ThornyDale _ Clan = Green River; home team = EastFort Eagles, category = Winger, usual position = Right Winger, experience = 8 years; age = 25, left-pawed, fur = light brown; seems ‘lucky’, and is better than most of her squad at team-work. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#5) Aryssa ‘Willow’ Harraine _ Clan = Urrset, home team = EastFort Eagles, category = Winger, usual position = Right Winger, experience = 7 years; age = 25, right-pawed, fur = reddish-brown; is not only a professional footballer but a Wookhan priestess too. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#20) Arvhra Horrventhurr _ Clan = Thuleann (Kennomarroa); home team = Rouhwarron Warriors, category = Winger, usual position = Right Winger, experience = 27 years; age = 41, right-pawed, fur = light-medium brown.
(#17) Anghrra o Rubert _ Clan = Red River; home team = NorthPort Raiders, category = Winger, usual position = Left Winger, experience = 17 years; age = 32, right-pawed, fur = light-medium brown. (This tournament is her international debut.)

(#3) Errmintrra o RedSun _ Clan = Red Sun [Free Sept], home team = ‘NorthPort Navigators’, category = Striker or Winger, usual position = Right Forward, experience = 32 years; age = officially 48 but physically as though she were back in her late 20s, right-pawed, fur = light reddish-brown, above-average eyesight; she actually made her ‘international’ debut as a reserve in the “undivided” ‘Bears Armed’ team for the ‘WC46’ cycle, as its first ever recruit from within the Northlands League’, and remained with them after that for both ‘Oxen Cup11’ & ‘WC47’ until the ’NorthBears’ were set up a as separate team when she became their Captain; after WC51 doubled as their ‘Attacking Coach’ for the CoH, and then retired from playing to take up a position in the management of the nation’s “reunified” team; was amongst the people who were mysteriously “rejuvenated” when they got lost on the way to DBC15, and now combined managing & coaching the re-formed ‘NorthBears’ with playing in their front row.
(#2) Aderha o Morrtharhn _ Clan = Thuleann (Kennomarroa); home team = Rouhwarron Warriors, category = Striker, usual position = Left Forward, experience = 25 years; age = 41, left-pawed, fur = light brown; a natural talent....
(#1) Harrla Orkarry-o-Thuleann _ Clan = Thuleann; home team = ‘Snowspire’ (Sorthern Northland), category = Striker, usual position = Left Centre Forward (but not dogmatic about this), experience = ? years; age = 42, right-pawed, fur = ‘white’ (as she’s from a ‘Polar’ stock, which also means that she’s rather large even by Ursine standards...); has a degree in Marine Biology)[/i] from NorthPort University, in whose team she had also played as [usually] one of the starting line-up for two years; also interested in various ‘Winter Sports’, but is [probably] not at ‘Olympic’ standard in any of them; generally cheerful, tough, can be stubborn, doesn’t like hot weather.
(#16) Lurraya o RedSun _ Clan = Clan = Red Sun [Free Sept], home team = ‘Harr Borran Heroines, category = Striker or Winger, usual position = Right Forward, experience = 12 years; age = 29, right-pawed, fur = light reddish-brown, above-average eyesight; not closely related to either of the other ‘RedSun’ members who are currently involved with this team. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#15) Preth-Hierra of GoldenLake _ Clan = Five Lakes, home team = SilverWood Foresters, category = Striker, usual position = Left Forward, experience = 6 years; age = 22, ambidextrous, fur = dark-medium brown with silvery highlights (i.e. ‘grizzly’) & quite long; rather large even by Ursine standards but still [usually] manoeuvrable enough when it matters. (This tournament is her international debut.)
(#14) Elga-Marra Thuleann _ Clan = Thuleann; home team = Northport Raiders, category = Winger or Striker, usual position = Right Forward, experience = 26 years; age = 42, left--pawed, fur = ‘white’ (from a ‘Polar’ stock, but relatively small for her kind).
(#30) (position not yet filled, OOC…)

Usual 'Starters' = 1-7, 10-112, & 13 [u]or 27 (alternating, probably).
Usual Substitutes: 14, 16, 20, 23, 24, 26, & 27 [u]or 13 (alternating, probably).

OOC: Style modifier = +3.5

RP permissions = anything that isn't too extreme should be okay, especially if it's funny... but any attack serious enough to remove any of them from the field due to injuries would probably have to be obvious enough to earn your player a red card for it.
Their usual formation includes 2 Backs, either 3 Midfielders or 2 of these plus a 'Defensive Centre' (starting at a point roughly at the middle of the rectangle whose corners are the Backs & Midfielders), and a front line of 3 Strikers bracketed between 2 Wingers.
They're all anthropomorphic Bears. They should be reasonably polite, unless you push them too hard, but are maybe not quite as "civilised" as the 'Bear-Belles'.
Oh, and before each game in which this team takes part its chosen starters & substitutes for that match will perform a version of the 'harrdiharr', which is the Bears' traditional "war-dance"...)
Last edited by The Ursine Northlands on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
This is the northern section of Bears Armed, and enjoys a high level of autonomy.

Zirakul
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zirakul » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:19 am

The Zirakul Gazzelles

Do anything you like

Formation: 3-5-2 (+3)

Colors: Green & Yellow
The Zirakulii are a tribal peoples with tribal technologies. Log-jammed in a war for freedom from the tyrannical rule of The Draggonnii Socialist Empire, this is their first foray into international competition. Zirakulli generally wear loin cloths and body paint rather than standard uniforms and most of the males wear large wooden masks in order to inspire fear in their enemies. They view sport as no different from warfare and will play accordingly.

Manager: Pohemeahi Age:65

Starting 11

Pos # Name Age Ht Wt
RS 10 Piuelu 21 6’3 180
LS 23 Omeoi’ae 23 5’11 174
ROM 12 Moikwaon 17 6’1 177
LOM 37 Umukeike 19 6’4 210
RM 19 Aipa 24 6’0 182
CM 69 Heho’lehei 20 6’5 191
LM 03 Laoapo 22 5’10 160
RB 18 U’ihei 16 5’9 176
CB 21 Mekekepoia 19 6’1 207
LB 54 Alu Alu 17 6’0 173
K 13 I'iokumaiu 18 6’6 184

Reserves

S 61 Laepanai 20 5’7 160
M 25 Ahinue 19 6’1 226
B 07 Oowaeo 16 6’2 170
K 99 Mekepona 17 6’4 187

Adihan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Adihan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Ad’ihan national football team
If my opponent RPs first, they may:
Select my scorers — Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes
RP injuries to my players — Yes
Godmod injuries — No
Godmod scoring events — Yes
Godmod other events — Yes

Manager: Anthony Jones (ADN)
Assistant manager: Kieran Ó Branagáin (ADN)
Anthony Jones, manager of the national side at World Cup 51, returns for a second bite at the apple with his assistant and former national teammate Kieran Ó Branagáin. Having spent World Cup 52 managing only Stithis in Vephrall, the pair are back and hoping the experience they've gained will help along the way.

Head player liaison/Assistant manager: Peter Reinhardt (ADN)
With Jones and Ó Branagáin based in Vephrall, the Tallyn Rovers assistant manager—and previously national team caretaker manager—Peter Reinhardt will be Jones' liaison officer based in Ad’ihan. He will share assistant's duties with Ó Branagáin and take training when Jones and Ó Branagáin are unable to. Runner-up at the last CoH with the national team.

Style modifier: +3
Formation: 4-1-2-1-2
Goalkeeper: Justin Goodwin, 27
Defenders: Francisco Fernandez, 25; Owen Nelson, 28; Michael Smirkov, 27; Danny Palsson, 26
Defensive midfield/anchorman: James Masters (C), 35
Central midfield: Hebert Kenney, 23; Kevin Price, 21
Attacking midfield: David Princeton, 22
Forwards: Lance Sherwood, 23; Paul Overend, 27
Subs: Jerome Tanaka, 31 (GK); James Kazmir, 30 (D); Nolan Jones, 20 (D); David Terrence, 18 (M); Darren Hollow, 30 (M/F); Matthew Brownie, 24 (F); Jonny Axelbream, 26 (F)

Should any player be suspended or injured for one of these seven qualifying games, the sub listed first in that position would take over (Kazmir would replace Masters).

James Masters returns as captain for his final bow on the international stage. Jerome Tanaka and James Kazmir, both relegated to the substitutes' bench for this qualifying campaign, will also hang up their boots after the tournament.

Polythinia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Polythinia » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Roster
Goalkeeper: #1 Kevin Polder (23, Harwich North) | Sub: Terrence Montserrat
Centre Backs: #2 Steven Ye (22, Nordhafen FC), #3 Ivan Remmes (30, Atheia Lions) | Sub: Jonathan Monsignor
Left Fullback: #5 Aaron Melchett (25, Harwich North) | Sub: David Jenkens
Right Fullback: #6 Oliver Joao (22, Schatzburg FC) | Sub: Stephen Carabin
Midfield: #7 Leonard Wang (26, Fort Blackbrook Independent), #8 Gabriel Hillerman (23, Atheia Lions), #9 Eruera Sherpa (24, Fort Blackbrook Independent) | Subs: Oscar Nordshire, James Hemi
Centre Forward: #10 Franz Barwick (23, Schatzburg FC) | Sub: Pietro Konsantine
Wingers: #11 Mark Aramesh (31, Atheia Lions), #12 Michael Xandru (21, Harwich North) | Sub: Alexander Greswich, Jonathan Bonds

If my opponent RPs first, they may:
Select my scorers: Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Give out red cards to my players: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes, reasonably
Godmod injuries: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
Godmod other events: Within reason

Style modifier: +1
Formation: 4-3-3

PreviousNext

Advertisement