NATION

PASSWORD

Philippines Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:13 am

Dahon wrote:I'm sorry, but where was I being an ideological twit?

In retrospect, my previous posts might reflect an anti-Chinese bias when I've also said before that we could warm up to China without pissing off the Americans as Duterte has done -- but I'm entirely lost as to what you mean.

Our cognitive biases must not fool us. We cannot deny that China is a viable trading partner despite its human rights abuses. In the world of business, we have to become pragmatic and get as many inflows of cash as we could. Nation above all.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Dahon
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:15 am

Asigna wrote:Our cognitive biases must not fool us. We cannot deny that China is a viable trading partner despite its human rights abuses. In the world of business, we have to become pragmatic and get as many inflows of cash as we could. Nation above all.

That I can understand.
Authoritarianism kills all. Never forget that.

-5.5/-7.44

al-Ibramiyah (inactive; under research)
Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)
Dahon the Alternative (inactive; under research)
Our Heavenly Dwarf (Forum 7)

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:25 am

Asigna wrote:

In retrospect, my previous posts might reflect an anti-Chinese bias when I've also said before that we could warm up to China without pissing off the Americans as Duterte has done -- but I'm entirely lost as to what you mean.

Our cognitive biases must not fool us. We cannot deny that China is a viable trading partner despite its human rights abuses. In the world of business, we have to become pragmatic and get as many inflows of cash as we could. Nation above all.

Bless you, tosvarishch. (means comrade in Russian)
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

MANKIND HAS BECOME SEMPITERNAL

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:47 am

Backing source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37515892

Blatant flame-bait considering current events, especially in light of the death of Shimon Peres, who had to flee Poland when he was young to escape the then escalating persecution (source: NPR).

–– Minoa
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:15 am

Minoa wrote:Backing source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37515892

Blatant flame-bait considering current events, especially in light of the death of Shimon Peres, who had to flee Poland when he was young to escape the then escalating persecution (source: NPR).

–– Minoa

the madman can't be stopped. Please tell me there is no term limit in the Philippines?
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:27 am

Asigna wrote:

Their human rights is less a concern than their imperialism.
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:33 am

Isyrannaea wrote:
Dahon wrote:
Why?

He has a solution to the drug problem. And it's a good solution.

No, it is not a good one. The war on drugs thing mostly just gets you dead bodies. But drugs continue. Take the Swiss approach, treat it like a medical problem. An approach that actually works without massive numbers dead.
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:55 am

Great Kauthar wrote:

–– Minoa

the madman can't be stopped. Please tell me there is no term limit in the Philippines?

Six years, unrenewable, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid, because six years is long.
Last edited by Minoa on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 am

–– Minoa

The fuck, Duterte? Hitler isn't as infamous in Asia as he is in the West, but come on.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Asigna
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asigna » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 am

Novus America wrote:
Asigna wrote:

I have a hunch that you may be over estimating their level of malevolence. China is just like everybody else, they want nothing more than prosperity for their nation and China is also on top of a house of cards, one wrong move abroad and the party's rule will falter.
NS's resident Filipino patriot. May also be that weird Vietnamese guy whose name must not be spoken.

Erian: If you are gay (like me) and looking, PM me. ;/\) (SO I CAN PRAY YOUR SOUL BURNS IN HELL) Kekekekek. No straighty and no wamen. I want no pussycats.

The Filipino dude is a Mangotreestian, yes, he is a believer in the gospel of the mango tree. The one true religion.
Totalitarian Theocracy
THE GREATER PHILIPPINE BAYAN
Hukbo/Military -
THE HOMELAND TERRITORIES - foreign affairs
Visit our nation! - Asigna TV - Know the Light of Heaven

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Minoa wrote:
Great Kauthar wrote:the madman can't be stopped. Please tell me there is no term limit in the Philippines?

Six years, unrenewable, I'm afraid.

;-;
only six years of the madman
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)

Seylland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:
Minoa wrote:Six years, unrenewable, I'm afraid.

;-;

Six years is enough time for some nasty shit to happen. The nasty populist scapegoating will not help the Filipino people as well as hinder economic growth/investments due to the rhetoric of Du30.

#LahadDatuNeverForget
#RemoveAbuSayyaf
#KonfrontasiMkIIElectricBoogaloo

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Seylland wrote:
Great Kauthar wrote:;-;

Six years is enough time for some nasty shit to happen. The nasty populist scapegoating will not help the Filipino people as well as hinder economic growth/investments due to the rhetoric of Du30.

#LahadDatuNeverForget
#RemoveAbuSayyaf

Duterte will wipe out Abu Sayyaf.

Seylland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:
Seylland wrote:Six years is enough time for some nasty shit to happen. The nasty populist scapegoating will not help the Filipino people as well as hinder economic growth/investments due to the rhetoric of Du30.

#LahadDatuNeverForget
#RemoveAbuSayyaf

Duterte will wipe out Abu Sayyaf.

And yet too much focus is being sent to drugs to warrant any attention to Abu Sayyaf.

Vows are empty unless one acts upon them.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:17 pm

Asigna wrote:
Novus America wrote:

I have a hunch that you may be over estimating their level of malevolence. China is just like everybody else, they want nothing more than prosperity for their nation and China is also on top of a house of cards, one wrong move abroad and the party's rule will falter.

The parties rule is absolutely secure. It is not house of cards, it is a fortress. And explain then what China is doing in the SCS?
It not that they are malevolent per se. Just that the still have the Middle Kingdom attitude.

Plus see Russia. If their economy continues to slow they will probably turn to war to maintain popularity. Russia prefers conflict over prosperity.

The Chinese government is just a bully and opportunist. They will push until they meet resistance.
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:the madman can't be stopped. Please tell me there is no term limit in the Philippines?

You're... proud? Proud? What?

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

Seylland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Dahon wrote:

Ignore him. He fetishizes authoritarians and gets turned on by the death of so called 'degenerates'.

Antarkreich
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Antarkreich » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:04 pm

I don't know much about the Philippines, but your president's a real human being and a real hero.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Seylland wrote:
Dahon wrote:

Ignore him. He fetishizes authoritarians and gets turned on by the death of so called 'degenerates'.

>altrighter having a hard-on for a leftist

The Antichrist isn't even born yet but I honestly feel the book of revelations are happening like crazy

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Antarkreich wrote:real human being and a real hero.

S Y N T H W A V E

M E M E S

Seylland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seylland » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Victoriala II wrote:
Seylland wrote:Ignore him. He fetishizes authoritarians and gets turned on by the death of so called 'degenerates'.

>altrighter having a hard-on for a leftist

The Antichrist isn't even born yet but I honestly feel the book of revelations are happening like crazy

What if Duterte is the Antichrist.

Dahon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Antarkreich wrote:I don't know much about the Philippines, but your president's a real human being and a real hero.

Real human being? Without a doubt.

Real... hero? I'm sorry, but what?

-5.5/-7.44

Moscareinas (inactive)
Trumpisslavia (inactive)

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Dahon wrote:
The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:Most likely, I hope not, but most likely.
In which case I'll try to instigate and influence a People Power Revolution to get him out.

Look, I don't like how the Duterte administration is trying everything it can to please the Chinese (and I'm utterly mystified as to their motives in reaching out to Putin's Russia), but realignment in itself is not grounds for... Lord Almighty, another People Power?

Jesus. Can we not stick with constitutional prerogatives and let Duterte finish his term? If what Duterte is doing with the drug situation will in effect discredit this nation's already tottering institutions, ousting him will be more of that same.

The Republic of Pantalleria wrote:He's also selling the Philippines to the illegal and illegitimate Chinese Government, what's your point?

No, no he isn't. (And let's not play the ideological game, please.)

What do you mean: 'No he isn't'?
Whatever happened to his jet ski to the West Philippine Sea, now he's talking of an ending to the American wargames because CHINA DOESN'T LIKE IT? How is that not the first signs of selling us to the illegal and Illegitimate Chinese Government?
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

The Republic of Pantalleria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Pantalleria » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Seylland wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:>altrighter having a hard-on for a leftist

I'd be more worried of Trump being the anti-Christ if anything.
The Pantallerian Economy and Other Details

The Pantallerian Bureau of Tourism: Treading on maggots since we got our magnificent go go boots.

Victoriala II
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala II » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Seylland wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:>altrighter having a hard-on for a leftist

We aren't the new Zion don't believe that Iglesian claptrap

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General