NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Central

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Revall
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Revall » Mon May 30, 2016 1:37 pm

He wants Festavo to resign, why does that seem so familiar...
TRE★Noblus Maximus★TRE
Revall Au SilverStorm
Praefect of The Roman Empire
----------------------------------_________☸ Introduce A Little Chaos ☸_________----------------------------------

The artist formerly, now re-coknown as Noblephnx but don't trust anything my sig tells you ITS A BETRAYER OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Soames
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Soames wrote:
Why should we start down an implausible path of removing important members of our region when we can simply implement controls to ensure that this doesn't occur again? For example, Klaus is already working on a constitutional amendment.

Whether or not that applies to this case, sometime those things are the same. See: Community response to Predator.

Yeah, except we have no process for removing people from the Council of Elders, and it's a meaningless position anyway. And we have no process to "recall" a SM. So this is just a political wet dream.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Mon May 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Soames wrote:
Cormactopia II wrote:Removal of 95 Block as an Elder and forum administrator -- which shouldn't be a controversial step for Grand Central anyway, given that he has twice destroyed Grand Central's forums in the past -- and recall of Festavo from the office of Stationmaster. At that point, we would accept that Grand Central as a community is taking this matter seriously enough. Anything short of that is just an attempt to sweep this under the rug. They are the ones who were responsible for this, to varying degrees, and they are the ones who should face consequences for it in Grand Central.

Why should we start down an implausible path of removing important members of our region when we can simply implement controls to ensure that this doesn't occur again? For example, Klaus is already working on a constitutional amendment.

You should start down that path because you should care about your leaders' actions. You should be ashamed of them. That you are not is, honestly, incredibly alarming. And just to clarify, I haven't proposed "removing important members of [your] region." I proposed removing someone who has twice destroyed Grand Central's forums in the past and who personally masked Nuke and Feuer Ritter as citizens without community input from the position of forum administrator, and the recall of Stationmaster Festavo after he also authorized and defended Nuke's admission to citizenship. These should not be controversial proposals. Nobody is calling for them to be banned from Grand Central, but the least Grand Central could do is remove them from their positions of authority as the appropriate consequence for their actions.

In general, this is something Grand Central's community needs to accept in a hurry: There are consequences for your actions and the actions of your leaders. The Black Riders and DEN refused to accept that. They are no longer around to tell the tale.

I'm sure amending your constitution and laws to ensure that this can't happen again is also a good step to take, but you have to hold your leaders accountable. Again, all you have to do is look at raiderdom's recent history to see what happens when you fail to hold your leaders accountable.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon May 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Soames wrote:
Whether or not that applies to this case, sometime those things are the same. See: Community response to Predator.

Yeah, except we have no process for removing people from the Council of Elders, and it's a meaningless position anyway. And we have no process to "recall" a SM. So this is just a political wet dream.

And, following the hypothetical here, processes can't be made? New things can't be done to allow for unforseen circumstances? Things can;t ever be done for a first time? hmpf. There wasn't a "process" for saying we'd never work with any region where a list of people led things, or for anyway any of the community expanded on Predator. We sat down, had some long and careful conversations, and forged a new path. Well, now you've got your own predator scandal, just another sort or predator. And your excuse is coming across a bit flat.

And if it's so meaningless, how come it's so important? And Forum adminship is defiantly not meaningless, especially when your forum admin removes three prominent members from forum adminship with nary an explanation.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon May 30, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

95 block
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 95 block » Mon May 30, 2016 1:42 pm

LMAO, when does GC care what Osiris thinks?

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:You should start down that path because you should care about your leaders' actions. You should be ashamed of them. That you are not is, honestly, incredibly alarming.

I'm not going to feel ashamed because of somebody else's actions. That would be absurd.

And just to clarify, I haven't proposed "removing important members of [your] region." I proposed removing someone who has twice destroyed Grand Central's forums in the past and who personally masked Nuke and Feuer Ritter as citizens without community input from the position of forum administrator, and the recall of Stationmaster Festavo after he also authorized and defended Nuke's admission to citizenship. These should not be controversial proposals. Nobody is calling for them to be banned from Grand Central, but the least Grand Central could do is remove them from their positions of authority as the appropriate consequence for their actions.

Yeah, we're not going to do that, because that's not something we can actually do. We're a region of laws. We respect our laws. We don't give into hysteria.

In general, this is something Grand Central's community needs to accept in a hurry: There are consequences for your actions and the actions of your leaders. The Black Riders and DEN refused to accept that. They are no longer around to tell the tale.

I'm sure amending your constitution and laws to ensure that this can't happen again is also a good step to take, but you have to hold your leaders accountable. Again, all you have to do is look at raiderdom's recent history to see what happens when you fail to hold your leaders accountable.

Our community's response to our leaders will be decided the next time we hold elections, Cormac, not by foreign entities insisting on it.

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Soames wrote:

And, following the hypothetical here, processes can't be made? New things can't be done to allow for unforseen circumstances? Things can;t ever be done for a first time? hmpf. There wasn't a "process" for saying we'd never work with any region where a list of people led things, or for anyway any of the community expanded on Predator. We sat down, had some long and careful conversations, and forged a new path. Well, now you've got your own predator scandal, just another sort or predator. And your excuse is coming across a bit flat.

And if it's so meaningless, how come it's so important? And Forum adminship is defiantly not meaningless, especially when your forum admin removes three prominent members from forum adminship with nary an explanation.

Oh man. I'm really going to sit here and listen to this guy lecture me about our culture. He thinks the Council of Elders is an important institution here. There's not much insight he can have.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon May 30, 2016 1:47 pm

95 block wrote:LMAO, when does GC care what Osiris thinks?

An absolutely stunning response to the last few pages of this thread and the conversations within, of importance far beyond regional feuds and consisting of people from many more regions than just Osiris and GC. A gem of pure wisdom and maturity, really. 5/7.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon May 30, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon May 30, 2016 1:48 pm

GC sould care what the rest of the gameplay community thinks. The only defense for your actions is coming from inside GC, and that should be a wake-up call.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Syberis wrote:

GC sould care what the rest of the gameplay community thinks. The only defense for your actions is coming from inside GC, and that should be a wake-up call.

We're woke. Cormac wants to interfere in our affairs again. Same song and dance.

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Mon May 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Soames wrote:
Syberis wrote:

We're woke. Cormac wants to interfere in our affairs again. Same song and dance.

Man, how does that Flavor Aid taste?
Last edited by Syberis on Mon May 30, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

95 block
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 95 block » Mon May 30, 2016 1:51 pm

An absolutely stunning response to the last few pages of this thread and the conversations within, of importance far beyond regional feuds and consisting of people from many more regions than just Osiris and GC. A gem of pure wisdom and maturity really. 5/7.

This is the internet. Nothing is important or serious. It's a shame the NS community is so unreasonably unforgiving. NS is a tool in which SJWs and people with disorders come to fight with each other through it seems, by the looks of the last few pages of this chat.

Grand Central is a welcoming region that believes in our law and second chances. I'll leave it at that.

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Syberis wrote:
Soames wrote:

Man, how does that Flavor Aid taste?

Yeah, man. You've really gotta be indoctrinated to see foreign interference when people from Osiris want us to depose our elected leaders.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Mon May 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Plagentine wrote:
Cormactopia II wrote:Removal of 95 Block as an Elder and forum administrator -- which shouldn't be a controversial step for Grand Central anyway, given that he has twice destroyed Grand Central's forums in the past -- and recall of Festavo from the office of Stationmaster. At that point, we would accept that Grand Central as a community is taking this matter seriously enough. Anything short of that is just an attempt to sweep this under the rug. They are the ones who were responsible for this, to varying degrees, and they are the ones who should face consequences for it in Grand Central.

You are enjoying this way too much, Cormac. Take a breather.

If you think there's anything about this I'm enjoying, you are mistaken. I don't enjoy seeing a citizen of Osiris, and someone who is my friend, driven out of a region she had made major contributions to in favor of the person who has admitted in this thread that he sexually harassed her. I don't derive any enjoyment from having to try to hold you and the rest of your cohort accountable for that.

If you think it's only Osiris, you're in for a rude awakening.

Soames wrote:
Cormactopia II wrote:You should start down that path because you should care about your leaders' actions. You should be ashamed of them. That you are not is, honestly, incredibly alarming.

I'm not going to feel ashamed because of somebody else's actions. That would be absurd.

You should be ashamed on behalf of your region. Thus far, you've given no indication that you care at all about anything except defending your leaders.

Soames wrote:
And just to clarify, I haven't proposed "removing important members of [your] region." I proposed removing someone who has twice destroyed Grand Central's forums in the past and who personally masked Nuke and Feuer Ritter as citizens without community input from the position of forum administrator, and the recall of Stationmaster Festavo after he also authorized and defended Nuke's admission to citizenship. These should not be controversial proposals. Nobody is calling for them to be banned from Grand Central, but the least Grand Central could do is remove them from their positions of authority as the appropriate consequence for their actions.

Yeah, we're not going to do that, because that's not something we can actually do. We're a region of laws. We respect our laws. We don't give into hysteria.

"Can't" and "won't" are not the same thing. You've already mentioned that you're considering constitutional amendments to address this issue. Obviously, you can amend your constitution and laws to be able to remove 95 Block as a forum administrator (and, if he won't go willingly, change forums), and you can amend your constitution and laws to be able to remove the Stationmaster from office. If you don't, that is a choice. There is no "can't."

Soames wrote:

Our community's response to our leaders will be decided the next time we hold elections, Cormac, not by foreign entities insisting on it.

In that case, I hope you enjoy being isolated from the rest of the gameplay community, and seeing regions that normally wouldn't defend and liberate working alongside defenders to make sure Grand Central stays in Grand Central. There is a virus in your region, a virus that has already infected and destroyed two raider regions and damaged others, and it's time for the rest of the gameplay world to man up and impose a cordon sanitaire around Grand Central. The history of The Black Riders and DEN will not be repeated over and over again like some bad NationStates parody of Groundhog Day.
Last edited by Cormactopia II on Mon May 30, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

McManniaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby McManniaa » Mon May 30, 2016 1:56 pm

95 block wrote:
An absolutely stunning response to the last few pages of this thread and the conversations within, of importance far beyond regional feuds and consisting of people from many more regions than just Osiris and GC. A gem of pure wisdom and maturity really. 5/7.

This is the internet. Nothing is important or serious. It's a shame the NS community is so unreasonably unforgiving. NS is a tool in which SJWs and people with disorders come to fight with each other through it seems, by the looks of the last few pages of this chat.

Grand Central is a welcoming region that believes in our law and second chances. I'll leave it at that.

...........this is not going to end well
Founder of Hydra Command and a Malicious Wolfy Boi
Constant TV Streamer with an addiction to Horror, Gay Magic and Crack Cocaine

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 2:01 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:You should be ashamed on behalf of your region.

No, I shouldn't. That would be absurd too.

Can't" and "won't" are not the same thing. You've already mentioned that you're considering constitutional amendments to address this issue. Obviously, you can amend your constitution and laws to be able to remove 95 Block as a forum administrator (and, if he won't go willingly, change forums), and you can amend your constitution and laws to be able to remove the Stationmaster from office. If you don't, that is a choice. There is no "can't."

Right now, we're neither able nor willing. Possibly, we could become able and willing in the future, but probably not. Everybody who didn't like what happened has essentially already left. The residents in question are no longer citizens. So I don't see why we should go about changing up the whole system.

In that case, I hope you enjoy being isolated from the rest of the gameplay community,

I'm terrified. Petrified. Mortified. By you.

and seeing regions that normally wouldn't defend and liberate working alongside defenders to make sure Grand Central stays in Grand Central.

Nice. Twice the challenge, double the reward.

There is a virus in your region

It's you.

Lord Ravenclaw
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Lord Ravenclaw » Mon May 30, 2016 2:03 pm

Let me state: I am utterly livid that Kemi has had to suffer needlessly because of the insensitivity of at least one other person who did not stop to think of the consequences of his actions before inviting and allowing two known people who should not have been allowed within a thousand metres of her onto what should have been a safe space.

I do not care how Grand Central addresses this, only that something is done to make it bloody well clear to those responsible that this sort of behaviour is not on. There was a bloody conference held by Mousebumples recently that dedicated a seminar to the prevention and protection of women from sexual harassment in NationStates, and although the discussion did get onto equal protection for all genders, it is utterly and completely astounding - not the good kind - that mere weeks after this well publicised event ended that this is happening.

Kemi is a dear friend of mine, and I have done my best at times, as has Cormac and numerous others in this thread to support her through the horrific experiences she's had to suffer through. The fact that anyone can be so callous and inconsiderate to have caused her to suffer sickens me to the core.
Lord Ravenclaw
Recovered Feederite

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Let me state: I am utterly livid that Kemi has had to suffer needlessly because of the insensitivity of at least one other person who did not stop to think of the consequences of his actions before inviting and allowing two known people who should not have been allowed within a thousand metres of her onto what should have been a safe space.

I do not care how Grand Central addresses this, only that something is done to make it bloody well clear to those responsible that this sort of behaviour is not on. There was a bloody conference held by Mousebumples recently that dedicated a seminar to the prevention and protection of women from sexual harassment in NationStates, and although the discussion did get onto equal protection for all genders, it is utterly and completely astounding - not the good kind - that mere weeks after this well publicised event ended that this is happening.

Kemi is a dear friend of mine, and I have done my best at times, as has Cormac and numerous others in this thread to support her through the horrific experiences she's had to suffer through. The fact that anyone can be so callous and inconsiderate to have caused her to suffer sickens me to the core.

World's smallest violin.

Cormactopia II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia II » Mon May 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Soames wrote:<snip>

Yep, it's the internal culture of "screw you, we'll do what we want" that characterized The Black Riders and DEN, all over again. This time it will be contained, and eventually smashed.
Cormac Skollvaldr

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon May 30, 2016 2:07 pm

All of this arguing is pointless. It's pretty clear that the GC government is not going to be changed because of this, and it's clear that Osiris and GC won't have happy friendly relations, as much as I might want that to happen. It is not right for a region to be ruled by outside entities (after all, as someone once said 'Fancy statements in gameplay have never taken a delegacy'), nor is it right for the action of people who have done what Lord Nuke and Feuer Ritter have done to be ignored, which is not what GC did.

I'm part of both GC and Osiris, so I'm not taking a side in this, but I think it's just very clear that both regions should probably have very little to do with each other again, if this is the level of hostility that hangs between them.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon May 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Not just Osiris.

95 block wrote:This is the internet. Nothing is important or serious. It's a shame the NS community is so unreasonably unforgiving. NS is a tool in which SJWs and people with disorders come to fight with each other through it seems, by the looks of the last few pages of this chat.

'People with disorders'. Huh. I wonder who that's directed at.
I'd rather have all these disorders than have your mind.

95 block wrote:Grand Central is a welcoming region that believes in our law and second chances. I'll leave it at that.

You had to overrule the government and your Stationmaster to allow Feuer Ritter in. Nuke left after he was given a second chance, in part because Grand Central stressed him out so much. Members are leaving left and right, and your friend Avakael stated he would never be returning because part of your reasoning for bringing Feuer and Nuke in was so appalling.

Then again, you're the one non-SJW true raider. All this must be everyone else's fault. You can't possibly be doing anything wrong.

Soames wrote:
Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Let me state: I am utterly livid that Kemi has had to suffer needlessly because of the insensitivity of at least one other person who did not stop to think of the consequences of his actions before inviting and allowing two known people who should not have been allowed within a thousand metres of her onto what should have been a safe space.

World's smallest violin.

Ignorance in its purest form.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Mon May 30, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:
Soames wrote:<snip>

Yep, it's the internal culture of "screw you, we'll do what we want" that characterized The Black Riders and DEN, all over again. This time it will be contained, and eventually smashed.

Well we're certainly not going to get any better listening to the likes of you, are we?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon May 30, 2016 2:08 pm

"Nothing is important or serious?"

The only words I have for that would earn me a days ban, so I'll let you imagine them.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Mon May 30, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Lord Ravenclaw
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Lord Ravenclaw » Mon May 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Soames wrote:

World's smallest violin.

You play your character well. You're little different to your real-life name sake, Nicholas Soames, MP. Take that as you will.
Lord Ravenclaw
Recovered Feederite

Soames
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Soames » Mon May 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:The only words I have for that would earn me a days ban, so I'll let you imagine them.

Spooky.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay