NATION

PASSWORD

Texas secessionists launch petition drive

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dumolanc
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dumolanc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:59 pm

Jamzmania wrote:
Dumolanc wrote:Please ... yes. Get rid of Texas. We're better off without it.

Yes, better off without all the jobs, oil, people, technology, and all that other useless stuff.

Of course, better off without the illegal immigrants, crime, idiots, Jesus-freaks, inbreeding, fascists, nationalists, and anti-gays.
Let's not also forget the horrible debt: http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... er-person/ (but of course, as far as I know, EVERY state is in debt).
Last edited by Dumolanc on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:01 pm

Dumolanc wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Yes, better off without all the jobs, oil, people, technology, and all that other useless stuff.

Of course, better off without the illegal immigrants, crime, idiots, Jesus-freaks, inbreeding, fascists, nationalists, and anti-gays.

Battle of the generalizations right here folks.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The Peoples of Xaer
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples of Xaer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:01 pm

Dumolanc wrote:
Jamzmania wrote:Yes, better off without all the jobs, oil, people, technology, and all that other useless stuff.

C'mon, contrary to stereotype, not all Texans are those things.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:03 pm

Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 pm

*Yawn* This again? Never going to happen.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Dumolanc
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dumolanc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 pm

The Peoples of Xaer wrote:
Dumolanc wrote:Of course, better off without the illegal immigrants, crime, idiots, Jesus-freaks, inbreeding, fascists, nationalists, and anti-gays.

C'mon, contrary to stereotype, not all Texans are those things.

I know, I know. It was for jokes. Every state has jobs, oil, people, and technology.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:52 pm

Dumolanc wrote:
The Peoples of Xaer wrote:C'mon, contrary to stereotype, not all Texans are those things.

I know, I know. It was for jokes. Every state has jobs, oil, people, and technology.

All Texas needs is oil, guns, and Jesus.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Get rid of Texas and divide up Illinois with leaders from other states so we don't have the change the flag. Otherwise this god awful pit (I live here) is gonna implode from greed and mismanagement.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Rusozak wrote:Get rid of Texas and divide up Illinois with leaders from other states so we don't have the change the flag. Otherwise this god awful pit (I live here) is gonna implode from greed and mismanagement.

I think Illinois's problems go deeper than "lack of governor Abbot".
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Rusozak wrote:Get rid of Texas and divide up Illinois with leaders from other states so we don't have the change the flag. Otherwise this god awful pit (I live here) is gonna implode from greed and mismanagement.

How exactly is Illinois relevant?
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Rusozak
Negotiator

Postby Rusozak » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:18 pm

Diopolis wrote:

I think Illinois's problems go deeper than "lack of governor Abbot".

Hence why I'm leaving as soon as I can. But anyways...

On a serious note, secession just isn't going to happen. It's just not realistic in a world where America is a global superpower the entire world is interconnected. Might have worked out had they tried in 1915, but not today.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Jamzmania
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamzmania » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:19 pm

Rusozak wrote:
Diopolis wrote:I think Illinois's problems go deeper than "lack of governor Abbot".

Hence why I'm leaving as soon as I can. But anyways...

On a serious note, secession just isn't going to happen. It's just not realistic in a world where America is a global superpower the entire world is interconnected. Might have worked out had they tried in 1915, but not today.

Nor is it very realistic in a world where Texas does not want to secede.
The Alexanderians wrote:"Fear no man or woman,
No matter what their size.
Call upon me,
And I will equalize."

-Engraved on the side of my M1911 .45

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 pm

The Peoples of Xaer wrote:
Krasny-Volny wrote:I've found that about 99.999% of people signing these stupid petitions aren't gonna have the guts to go through with it if you seriously got them together, passed out M-16s, and tell them their independence was there for the taking. This isn't Burma or the Congo. Most Americans have too much to lose by supporting an act of illegal separatism.

There's also likely a very high probability that people who sign are just trolling, too.

I think I found a person.
Seleucas wrote:I went ahead and signed it.

Edit: Wait, maybe not.
Last edited by New Ogunquit on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Get off your high horse.

It's more of a high pony, really.

Ifreann wrote:Farn be locking threads like they were bridges.
Ifreann wrote:Political correctness needs to go further, because the tears of people crying over being called on their bullshit fuel my time machine.

Quintium wrote:Just another symptom of self-hatred in Western Europe and North America. Don't worry, it'll all end in war. But for the moment, try not to be too white if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Not really. The Predator wouldn't bother fighting a baby.

It would if it had a sharp stick

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭
(ᓘᒃ 3:23–38)
1ᒪᓯᓇᐃᑲᓐ ᐃᑕ ᐁ ᐎᑖᑲᓂᐗᓂᓕᒃ ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑖᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭, ᑌᐱᑦ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ, ᐁᑉᕃᐋᒻ ᐅᑯᓯᓴ᙮

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/texas-secessionists-launch-petition-drive-vote-break-away-012823002.html

Think of that! What is they actually manage it?

They won't.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 pm

I'm sorry. I dozed off. What are we talking about again?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:29 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:I'm sorry. I dozed off. What are we talking about again?

Texas is going to secede and then annex the whole Bible Belt.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Ifreann wrote:Political correctness needs to go further, because the tears of people crying over being called on their bullshit fuel my time machine.

Quintium wrote:Just another symptom of self-hatred in Western Europe and North America. Don't worry, it'll all end in war. But for the moment, try not to be too white if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

Rusozak
Negotiator

Postby Rusozak » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 pm

New Ogunquit wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:I'm sorry. I dozed off. What are we talking about again?

If they want to take the bible belt too, I say let them go. Evacuate everyone that doesn't want to be a part of this experiment, then watch the crazy rednecks destroy themselves.

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Rusozak wrote:
New Ogunquit wrote:Texas is going to secede and then annex the whole Bible Belt.

If they want to take the bible belt too, I say let them go. Evacuate everyone that doesn't want to be a part of this experiment, then watch the crazy rednecks destroy themselves.

I hear they're going to call it Jesusland.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5127/5370 ... 4650b2.jpg
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:33 pm

New Ogunquit wrote:

What again? Last time I read about that I took a shower and it was over.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:33 pm

Enjoy being a theocracy, lol. Where you're free to jail gays and deny abortions all at gun point because Jesus said so.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

New Ogunquit
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ogunquit » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:41 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
New Ogunquit wrote:Texas is going to secede and then annex the whole Bible Belt.

What again? Last time I read about that I took a shower and it was over.

Maybe take a longer one this time. Instead of a hissy fit it's more of a tantrum. Although we all know it will end with them going to bed early.
ᑭᒋᒪᓂᑐ
ᒪᓂᑑ
Mavorpen wrote:

Yes, more tears...
Lauranienne wrote:

ᐅᐸᓓᑭᔅ ᒫᑎᐤ 1
ᐅᑦ ᐋᔮᓂᔅᑫᓂᑕᐎᑭᐎᓐ ᒋᓴᔅ ᙭

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:42 pm

Arkiasis wrote:Enjoy being a theocracy, lol. Where you're free to jail gays and deny abortions all at gun point because Jesus said so.

"Yea, look upon me and know me. My children, you should know something.I'm packing!"

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:45 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:For me personally, it has less to do with Texas or even secession.

It's more of a rabid distaste and anger at what I percieve as liberal attempts to force their ideology down our throats through the federal government.

That's also why im so quick to suggest starving out cities or using nuclear weapons. A strike back, if you will, at the liberals who have been so effective in their efforts in the judiciary and legislative branches.

I feel no move can be immoral, no move too extreme in order to strike back. To put the liberal efforts in this country back and create a revolutionary situation where all the efforts of the liberals are defeated and all their "progress" completely erased, and those who have supported it dealt with.

Secession would be a great opportunity to create a conservative nation, so that both sides can have their little utopias and be left to their own designs. Of course there's an element of defiance. Id rather live in an independent Texas than spend more time than I must in a country I must share with the liberal ideology.

And you're completely ignoring the fact that by you resorting nuclear war first, you would give us liberal Yankee folks the moral authority to retaliate with anything we want, up to and including our own nukes. You would not have a chance to live in an independent Texas if it went nuclear. You would die.

We don't like to nuke people, or even to get off our couches and go to war at all, but it's different if you nuke us first.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Rhyfelnydd
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyfelnydd » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:58 pm

And this makes this how many times now? Always has and always will be a bunch of nonsense.
New Grestin wrote:Welcome to Nationstates Summer.

You can log out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
Truman Bulldogs
ΦΣK
Cymraeg
l_Falch_l

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Pandeeria wrote:

How exactly is Illinois relevant?

"So we don't have to change the flag". Some other state has to become 2 states ... then for no good reason they chose Illinois.
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General