NATION

PASSWORD

57% Of Republicans Want Christianity As National Religion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 am

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:
57% of Republicans, which is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of people.

It's not even a fraction of Republicans, but rather people who voted in a Republican Primary.

What makes me laugh is the idea that wanting things that aren't necessarily constitutional is somehow unique to the Republican Party.

Oh, don't get me wrong, as a moderate myself I tend to see stupid shit from both sides.

It's just that certain Republicans almost seem like to want to one-up and consider and EVEN MORE STUPID IDEA than the stupid shit certain Democrats spew out of their mouths.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Knockturn Alley
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Knockturn Alley » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:26 am

57% of Republicans, which is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of people.

It's not even a fraction of Republicans, but rather people who voted in a Republican Primary.

What makes me laugh is the idea that wanting things that aren't necessarily constitutional is somehow unique to the Republican Party.

Its not just, "not necessarily constitutional" , its plainly unconstitutional as it goes against the part mentioning the separation of Church
Lelouch Lamperouge wrote:The only one who has the right to kill is he who is willing to die himself

Unknown wrote:There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come

Political Compass [OUTDATED]:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74
capitalism, free speech, atheism, nature, gun rights, metal music, technology, anime, stoicism, mgtow
traditionalism, racism, religion, virtue-signalling, celebrities, SJWs, PC Culture

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 am

Desperate Measures wrote:

who said that?

He did in his head when reading the posts of people criticizing those Republicans that want this.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 am

Dyakovo wrote:

God its like running in circles with you.

A. Not a mistake, the vast majority of America has always been some form of Christian, granted it's lower now than it's ever been, but even now it's still overwhelmingly Christian about 75%.

B. On the law, as has been reiterated going on double digits now.

A: Yes, a mistake. If christianity is not culturally homogeneous, then you can't really claim that the US is culturally christian.
B: You mean the law that would be changed by said amendment? That law? So, in other words, you're just pulling it out of your ass.

A. Christianity itself is a heterogeneous theology. It is accurate to say that the vast majority of America is culturally Christian, by virtue of being under the umbrella that is the heterogeneous theology that is Christianity. So yes I can, because it's correct.

B. I'm sorry that you don't understand the inter workings of the Constitutional Amendment process, but as I've repeatedly shown, that the Amendment would change the 1st Amendment is an assumption not based in fact.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am

Knockturn Alley wrote:

Its not just, "not necessarily constitutional" , its plainly unconstitutional as it goes against the part mentioning the separation of Church

Well, no...
If it was done by way of a constitutional amendment, it would by definition, be constitutional.
Married to Koshka
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Busen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Busen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Busen wrote:This is not unusuall at all and it is a legitime wish. UK, Malta, Greece, Argentina and Norway are among the countries that have christianity as a state religion. Unlike Islam that is an official religion in Saudi Arabia Christianity is a tolerant doctrine to non-Christians and helps democracy which clearly shows the examples of the above mentioned nations.

It is a fact that Protestantism is deeply rooter in the national roots of the USA and it has a lot of influence on the political system of the US, whether the liberals admitted that or not.

Only if you either have no knowledge of the Constitution or don't give a fuck about it.

The Constitution can be amendmend or changed, it is not a problem. Every patriotic American should know of the culture of the US.
Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Desperate Measures wrote:who said that?

He did in his head when reading the posts of people criticizing those Republicans that want this.

Yes I did think there's a lot of pot calling the kettle black especially with the whole "Republicans hate the Constitution" As if the Democrats were paragons of Constitutional virtue.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am

Dyakovo wrote:A: Yes, a mistake. If christianity is not culturally homogeneous, then you can't really claim that the US is culturally christian.
B: You mean the law that would be changed by said amendment? That law? So, in other words, you're just pulling it out of your ass.

A. Christianity itself is a heterogeneous theology. It is accurate to say that the vast majority of America is culturally Christian, by virtue of being under the umbrella that is the heterogeneous theology that is Christianity. So yes I can, because it's correct.

B. I'm sorry that you don't understand the inter workings of the Constitutional Amendment process, but as I've repeatedly shown, that the Amendment would change the 1st Amendment is an assumption not based in fact.

Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:32 am

Yes, culturally christian even if that culture is "fuck those guys over there."

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:32 am

Dyakovo wrote:A: Yes, a mistake. If christianity is not culturally homogeneous, then you can't really claim that the US is culturally christian.

A: I suggest you read what you wrote, and then think about it a bit as you've just proven my point.
B: :rofl:
Married to Koshka

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 am

Dyakovo wrote:

A: I suggest you read what you wrote, and then think about it a bit as you've just proven my point.
B: :rofl:

A. It really doesn't.
B. Great argument.

Gubmint Teat
Civilian

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gubmint Teat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 am

oops
Last edited by Gubmint Teat on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 am

Dyakovo wrote:He did in his head when reading the posts of people criticizing those Republicans that want this.

Yes I did think there's a lot of pot calling the kettle black especially with the whole "Republicans hate the Constitution" As if the Democrats were paragons of Constitutional virtue.

It's not that Democrats aren't.

Is that the new Republican shift to even farther to the right seems the most intolerant, pathetic, and ill-thought movement in the 21st century.

It's almost as if they revere the GUilded age and Victorian England.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 am

Dyakovo wrote:He did in his head when reading the posts of people criticizing those Republicans that want this.

Yes
I did think there's a lot of pot calling the kettle black especially with the whole "Republicans hate the Constitution" As if the Democrats were paragons of Constitutional virtue.

At least you admit now that you just made it up.
Married to Koshka

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:34 am

Gubmint Teat wrote:
Knockturn Alley wrote:

The Constitution does not, anywhere, have the words "Separation of Church and State". It's just not in there.

That being said, it explicitly states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion", so this entire thread seems moot. Which might explain why it has devolved into a mash-up of "Your politics/religion/viewpoint/country SUCKS"

unless an amendment is passed.

Busen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Busen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:34 am

It will be the best to put this issue on a referendum. Unfortunately, the liberals are to scared of the people if they raise their voice. It is cynicall considering how do they love to claim they are democrats.
Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:34 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Yes
I did think there's a lot of pot calling the kettle black especially with the whole "Republicans hate the Constitution" As if the Democrats were paragons of Constitutional virtue.

At least you admit now that you just made it up.

Don't edit my posts.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 am

Gubmint Teat wrote:
Knockturn Alley wrote:

The Constitution does not, anywhere, have the words "Separation of Church and State". It's just not in there.

And?
Married to Koshka

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 am

It's not that Democrats aren't.

Is that the new Republican shift to even farther to the right seems the most intolerant, pathetic, and ill-thought movement in the 21st century.

It's almost as if they revere the GUilded age and Victorian England.

Well, I for one do, but I'm not on the right.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 am

Dyakovo wrote:At least you admit now that you just made it up.

Don't edit my posts.

Or what? You'll cry?
The entirety of your post is there. I just just spoilered everything after your admission that you were arguing against something that no-one has said.
Married to Koshka

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 am

Gubmint Teat wrote:

That being said, it explicitly states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion", so this entire thread seems moot. Which might explain why it has devolved into a mash-up of "Your politics/religion/viewpoint/country SUCKS"

And even I as a Christian am opposed to it.

See, the problem with an amendment is that then Christianity and the government will be more intertwined. With how intolerant America has been throughout its history I just don't buy this won't gain them any benefits. I cannot for the life of me see the fucking point of doing it other than fucking people over with their stupid tripe and idiotic intolerance.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 am

Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:39 am

And even I as a Christian am opposed to it.

See, the problem with an amendment is that then Christianity and the government will be more intertwined. With how intolerant America has been throughout its history I just don't buy this won't gain them any benefits. I cannot for the life of me see the fucking point of doing it other than fucking people over with their stupid tripe and idiotic intolerance.

And that would be exactly what the dominionists of the religious right want to do.
Married to Koshka

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 am

Dyakovo wrote:Or what? You'll cry?
The entirety of your post is there. I just just spoilered everything after your admission that you were arguing against something that no-one has said.

I forgot common courtesy appears to be beneath you.

And now you've been reminded.
Married to Koshka

Jaselvania
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaselvania » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:41 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Gubmint Teat wrote:

And?

And . . . he said "its plainly unconstitutional as it goes against the part mentioning the separation of Church"
So I correctly pointed out that the Constitution does not, anywhere, have the words, or mention of, "Separation of Church and State". It's a phrase taken somewhat out of context by the SCOTUS, not something explicitly stated in The Constitution of the United States.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General