NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Repeal "Condemn Macedon"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Kozeposlavia
Civilian

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Repeal "Condemn Macedon"

Postby Kozeposlavia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:17 am

REALIZING that at one point Macedon was an imperialistic power in the NationStates Community

NOTING however that that is no longer the case, as Macedon is only inhabited by one nation at this point, which was created almost a year following the passage of the condemnation of Macedon

ACCEPTING that the current region Macedon is unrelated to its imperialistic predecessor and poses no threat nor harm to any community in its current form

BELIEVING that condemning a region for something that its unrelated predecessor did is unnecessary and only harms a peaceful region's reputation

HEREBY REPEALS SC#1: "Condemn Macedon."

Anything I'm missing or should be noted here?

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:39 am

This is in the same mindset as the (failed) repeal of Condemn TBR. "The people who did the stuff that got them condemned aren't around, so the condemnation shouldn't stand."
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:This is in the same mindset as the (failed) repeal of Condemn TBR. "The people who did the stuff that got them condemned aren't around, so the condemnation shouldn't stand."

Which, to expand, does not constitute a good repeal. The condemn has stood because the region "Macedon" once long ago did terrible things worthy of a condemn, and just because they don't do horrible things anymore doesn't diminish the fact that these horrible things did indeed happen.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Funk and Kaboom said everything I was intending to say. Ditching this repeal would be best.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:21 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:This is in the same mindset as the (failed) repeal of Condemn TBR. "The people who did the stuff that got them condemned aren't around, so the condemnation shouldn't stand."

And anyhows, some of them are just over there instead...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:37 am

Bears Armed wrote:

And anyhows, some of them are just over there instead...

Indeed, but Macedon was the name of the region when they invaded the likes of France, Belgium, and Greece. Prior to this, their name was Makedonija. The former founder of Macedonia was allegedly a Bulgarian who either gave them the region or simply died off.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Really? You submitted it?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Sainterre
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sainterre » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:31 pm

You do realize that you are not the first and surely not the last to try this? It goes without saying that this has failed time and time again.
Jacob F. Ridgeway, KCOM
Permanent Representative of the United Republic of Sainterre to the World Assembly
SCR#178-Commend Sciongrad

Sensai
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sensai » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Kozeposlavia wrote:
REALIZING that at one point Macedon was an imperialistic power in the NationStates Community

NOTING however that that is no longer the case, as Macedon is only inhabited by one nation at this point, which was created almost a year following the passage of the condemnation of Macedon

ACCEPTING that the current region Macedon is unrelated to its imperialistic predecessor and poses no threat nor harm to any community in its current form

BELIEVING that condemning a region for something that its unrelated predecessor did is unnecessary and only harms a peaceful region's reputation

HEREBY REPEALS SC#1: "Condemn Macedon."

Anything I'm missing or should be noted here?

The guy controlling "The Macedonian Empire" is still imperialistic.
Nothing has actually changed since the time the condemnation was passed. Many, many regions are still controlled by him and under password lock so nobody can use them. He still claims them as part of his "empire".

And if you actually look at the region Macedon, you'll see it is still controlled by him.
All that he has done is take control of the region Macedonia and made that his main region to operate out of. He hasn't abandoned Macedon or given up on it, nor is it controlled by someone else.

Sensai
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sensai » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Sainterre wrote:You do realize that you are not the first and surely not the last to try this? It goes without saying that this has failed time and time again.

It is as if some people go around looking for things to do, like make up repeal drafts.
It's like the Greece stuff. Why on earth would a condemnation of a guy who takes over regions and locks them, or a group who stole a region from the natives, be repealed?

It would be akin to the United Nations rewarding Saddam Hussein for invading Kuwait instead of authorizing the International Community to take military action to remove his forces from Kuwait.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council