NATION

PASSWORD

WC of Hockey Discussion thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Hey everybody. With the WCoH signup thread being up, the votes for amendments will follow sooner than later as well. I think But before going to any votings, here's the list of WCoH Federation Members who are eligible for voting procedure of constitutional amendments and host votes:

Anditia
Aquitayne
Arkiasis
Darmen
Equestrian States
Estope
Gregoryisgodistan
Gyatso-kai
Havl
HopNation
Ko-oren
Nassau-Hessen
Neu Engollon
Northern Sunrise Islands
Nova Anglicana (Borschlandia/Borschland)
Polar Islandstates
Royal Kingdom of Quebec (Norrehavn)
Saintland
Sicoutimont
Super-Llamaland/Hicana
The Fair Republic
The Royal Barangay/Perlasilangan
Torisakia
Valanora
Vaugania
Vilita & Turori
Zenic

So we have 27 active members.

Anditia, Arkiasis, Cassadaigua, Estope, Sicoutimont, The Royal Barangay/Perlasilangan and Torisakiawill be removed from the WCoHF if they do not post a roster in WCoH 26.

Abanhfleft, Friday Freshman, Kazirstan, Miley World, San Jose Guayabal, Semarland will be added to WCoHF if they do post a roster in WCoH 26.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm

How would the timetable for WCoH 26 compare with the timetable for the X Winter Olympics? Perhaps Saintland/FFR could jump in on this. Just want to gauge the feasibility of sending my senior team for both events.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Nova Anglicana wrote:How would the timetable for WCoH 26 compare with the timetable for the X Winter Olympics? Perhaps Saintland/FFR could jump in on this. Just want to gauge the feasibility of sending my senior team for both events.

My current plan for the Olympics is a 19 day schedule, which is longer than the RL Winter Olympics but shorter than previous NS Winter Olympics. The part relevant to the WCoH is that ice hockey will likely be run on an every other day schedule (my tentative schedule assumes a 5 MD preliminary round and a 16 team playoff round).

If the eventual WCoH host wishes to avoid overlap with the Olympics, I'd recommend targeting a last week of January-first week of February timetable for MD1.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:27 pm

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT 1: Here's the new constitutional amendment in question, which I should've posted earlier when putting into vote:

Section 4.2, paragraph h) of the constitution, as adding on to the existing section:

If the Vice Presidency becomes vacant during the term, the President shall organize a vote for a replacement at the earliest opportunity. The procedure for nominations and voting shall be the same as during a regularly scheduled election except that the candidate with the most votes shall become Vice President for the remainder of the term.

Yay, Nay or abstain are the only options available for this vote. All votes should go to Coconutstan. Votes to any other account will not be counted.

Voting remains open from now until Tuesday the 13th of January, at 17:30 EST (New York-Toronto time). Only the World Cup of Hockey Federation members are allowed to vote.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT 2: With a bunch of votes also being held right now or going to happen sooner than later, let's say that the time is nigh for the presidential nominations to begin for the WCoH Federation as well.

Any user on the WCoH Federation may nominate one other user for the position of World Cup of Hockey Federation President, to serve his/her/one's term from World Cup of Hockey 27 to 29. Any user receiving at least two nominations will become a candidate. Any user can decline to receive nominations.

TG nominations to Norrehavn.

Any users getting two or more nominations will be put forward as a candidate when the actual vote occurs in the usual preferential run-off system. For now, all nominations should be the name of a SINGLE NATION ONLY, preferably the main that one uses to RP in WCoH (E.g. ABChavn for ABChavn/YZville).

If any user is not interested in serving to such roles should one gets elected, please let me know via TGs and then you're good to go, not having to worry about it furthermore.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 am

Sorry for not being able to cutoff earlier guys. Last night I came back in time for the cutoff, but had to call a good friend for an important matter that led both of us to be in very sad mood but me in particular, with myself crying for quite a long time....

That being said, it's 'bout time that there should be a cutoff for host bids. You have the following options:

1- Gregoryisgodistan
2- Re-open host bids
3- Abstain

Please submit your vote to The Ultimate Evil by the 17th of January, in around 20:00 EST (Toronto-New York time). Bidders are not allowed to vote and their votes will not be considered into the tally.

As have said in the WCoH Federation Constitution, only the Federation members are allowed to vote. The list of members is available here to check if you're in or not.

Also, with the lack of votes for WCoH Federation President, the votes for it will be collected until the same date as well. Only the federation members are allowed to vote.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Here's another bid at your disposal.

Happy 420 Friends!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Will my bid be a candidate in the revote?
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Will my bid be a candidate in the revote?

Of course! It'll be a candidate by all means.

Happy 420 Friends!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Reposting from the signup thread since it probably belongs here.

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Edit: With Quebec bidding, Gyatso-Kai would be in charge of collecting the votes, but he hasn't been active for 7 days. This gives me concerns about his ability to collect the votes and post the results in a timely enough matter for what Quebec proposes to even be possible. On a related note, although there is a Constitutional provision for what happens if the President is inactive and something needs to be done, there is no provision for what to do if the VP is inactive and the President needs to devolve some task to him, such as collecting host votes when the President is bidding. I would propose adding such a provision, precisely due to the present situation. I'm not quite sure how to best do that, but this is something we need to figure out.

On a related note, what were the results of the proposed amendment vote? You never posted them.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Agree that something relating to that should be added into the constitution.

I think the best course would be to have an active volunteering non-bidding third party collect and disseminate the results in such instances where, something like:

A third party volunteer shall be requested to collect voting results in the event that;
a) current President is a bidding party
and
b) current VP is also a bidder or has become inactive/CTE/Deleted or some other such case which renders them incapable of performing his/her duties.
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Reposting from the signup thread since it probably belongs here.

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Edit: With Quebec bidding, Gyatso-Kai would be in charge of collecting the votes, but he hasn't been active for 7 days. This gives me concerns about his ability to collect the votes and post the results in a timely enough matter for what Quebec proposes to even be possible. On a related note, although there is a Constitutional provision for what happens if the President is inactive and something needs to be done, there is no provision for what to do if the VP is inactive and the President needs to devolve some task to him, such as collecting host votes when the President is bidding. I would propose adding such a provision, precisely due to the present situation. I'm not quite sure how to best do that, but this is something we need to figure out.

On a related note, what were the results of the proposed amendment vote? You never posted them.

I regularly keep in touch with Gyatso-Kai in FB and I'd like to state that Gyatso-Kai is currently few days away from opening his own restaurant in his new city of residence. This does not mean that he will be out of NS however, as one could easily log into his account through mobile and so on.

I've also notified Gyatso on FB of the results in the first host bid votes and my bid as well, and he read through them. He's fine, don't worry guys.
HopNation wrote:Agree that something relating to that should be added into the constitution.

I think the best course would be to have an active volunteering non-bidding third party collect and disseminate the results in such instances where, something like:

A third party volunteer shall be requested to collect voting results in the event that;
and
b) current VP is also a bidder or has become inactive/CTE/Deleted or some other such case which renders them incapable of performing his/her duties.

I guess someone should propose the amendment then. If you guys have any amendments to propose, please do so by 23rd of January.

And lastly, I'd like to state that the results of the previous amendment has passed with 10 for NAY and none for other options. It'll be added into the constitution when I open the new thread, with the constitution on it.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

The Ultimate Evil
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ultimate Evil » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

OOC: This is one of Quebec's puppets that was used for various voting stuff across NSSport when needed.

*clears his throat*

Sorry for delays with the votes. I had RL matters to clear up.

1) The 1st Amendment: Vice-President Replacement Rule: 10 votes were cast, with all of them valid:

Voting in the affirmative (AYE): 10
Voting in the negative (NAY): 0

The motion carries, and with the passage of item, and will be enacted starting WCoH 27 cycle.

2) WCoH Federation Votes: Unfortunately, only 2 votes were given for the nominationsand none had 2, a minimum number of votes required:

Royal Kingdom of Quebec/Norrehavn: 1
Saintland/FFR/Feministvs Sanctvsterra: 1

Since neither side held a clear lead over the other, as well as not having enough votes in the first place, I'll put forward another voting period for people.

Any user on the WCoH Federation may nominate one other user for the position of World Cup of Hockey Federation President, to serve his/her/one's term from World Cup of Hockey 27 to 29. Any user receiving at least two nominations will become a candidate. Any user can decline to receive nominations.

TG nominations to Star United States. The deadline will be 23rd of January, 2015, in 20:00 EST.

Any users getting two or more nominations will be put forward as a candidate when the actual vote occurs in the usual preferential run-off system. For now, all nominations should be the name of a SINGLE NATION ONLY, preferably the main that one uses to RP in WCoH (E.g. ABChavn for ABChavn/YZville).

If any user is not interested in serving to such roles should one gets elected, please let me know via TGs and then you're good to go, not having to worry about it furthermore.

World Cup of Hockey Federation
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby World Cup of Hockey Federation » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:55 pm

And here's your new Discussion thread. Enjoy and remember, don't foul the thread with infestations :p

OOC: This thread will be locked soon, so please continue your discussion in the new thread. Thanks.
World Cup of Hockey Federation
Latest tournament (49)RankingDiscussion Thread

WCoHF Headquarters: TBD
Federation President: Erji Tehauden (F, Ko-oren, cycle 50-52)

Feel free to direct all enquiries regarding World Cup of Hockey to this account via Telegram. If a reply is not forthcoming within a couple of days, try the discussion thread or send a telegram to Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).
Posts made by this account are most likely written by the current World Cup of Hockey Federation President. At present, that is Ko-oren (President, cycle 50-52).

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:42 am

Proposed item added to new thread.
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:20 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Reposting from the signup thread since it probably belongs here.

I regularly keep in touch with Gyatso-Kai in FB and I'd like to state that Gyatso-Kai is currently few days away from opening his own restaurant in his new city of residence. This does not mean that he will be out of NS however, as one could easily log into his account through mobile and so on.

I've also notified Gyatso on FB of the results in the first host bid votes and my bid as well, and he read through them. He's fine, don't worry guys.
HopNation wrote:Agree that something relating to that should be added into the constitution.

and

I guess someone should propose the amendment then. If you guys have any amendments to propose, please do so by 23rd of January.

And lastly, I'd like to state that the results of the previous amendment has passed with 10 for NAY and none for other options. It'll be added into the constitution when I open the new thread, with the constitution on it.

I confirm all of the above. My apologies if my inactivity had caused any concern; hopefully in the coming weeks once the restaurant gets off the ground, I can return to my usual level of activity.

(Posted from my smartphone, which I got specifically for NS :p)
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports