NATION

PASSWORD

Refounding a region.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Marquesan
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Refounding a region.

Postby Marquesan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:35 pm

I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right before I go making permanent changes.

After some issues between members of the region, our founder has left Sondria and, having spoken to him, I believe the best thing is going to be to re-found the region. I am told that the process is that the region needs to empty of all its members, after which the region ceases to exist. Once that happens, the region can be re-founded and everybody can return. Is that the way it works? I didn't really find any articles that speak to this issue specifically, so I thought I'd ask directly.

Hope to hear back soon.
"Just so Summanus, wrapped in a smoking whirlwind of blue flame, falls upon people and cities." - John Milton, In Quintum Novembris

@Marquesan I hereby proclaim you as the Gothic Mad Scientist, who actually isn't mad but a brilliant genius which every nations military goes to consult when they quietly tell their leaders, "We'll consult our experts" and when asked who they always say "private sources"
@Marquesan I will say man you're the only person on NS I've ever mistaken for a genuine Weapons designer.
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:44 pm

That would be correct. Could always have the founder kick everyone.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Can he still do that since he's left the region?
"Just so Summanus, wrapped in a smoking whirlwind of blue flame, falls upon people and cities." - John Milton, In Quintum Novembris

@Marquesan I hereby proclaim you as the Gothic Mad Scientist, who actually isn't mad but a brilliant genius which every nations military goes to consult when they quietly tell their leaders, "We'll consult our experts" and when asked who they always say "private sources"
@Marquesan I will say man you're the only person on NS I've ever mistaken for a genuine Weapons designer.
Kraven Prevails!

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Marquesan wrote:Can he still do that since he's left the region?

Yes. He still has access to the regional administration settings.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Thank you both, I certainly appreciate the help. If I have any further questions, may I send a TG?

Kraven Prevails!

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Marquesan wrote:Thank you both, I certainly appreciate the help. If I have any further questions, may I send a TG?

Sure. Or post here. Either works.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
Marquesan wrote:Can he still do that since he's left the region?

Yes. He still has access to the regional administration settings.

Even when said founder had kicked and ejected himself?
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Tiami wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Yes. He still has access to the regional administration settings.

Yes. Still has control. Could unban himself, although that isn't necessary to eject other people.

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Tiami wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Yes. He still has access to the regional administration settings.

Yes. The founder still has executive powers.

And when a founder leaves a region, the Delegate automatically gains executive powers also.
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 pm

Luna Amore wrote:
Tiami wrote:Even when said founder had kicked and ejected himself?

Yes. Still has control. Could unban himself, although that isn't necessary to eject other people.

Just wanted to clarify. Thank you.
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Depending on how famous/notorious your region is, you may want to talk to some prominent R/D groups for advice on how to safely refound - or how to have the best chance of safely refounding. Texas provided great intel to my region when we refounded Monkey Island over 5 years ago. 10KI, I think, is also a solid reference there. You can ask me too, if you want, although my sole experience with refounding was over 5 years ago, so I'd expect the gameplay landscape has likely changed more than a little since then.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:19 am

Thank you guys for the help. I got the whole thing sorted and the region has been safely refounded. I appreciate all the assistance, it sure made my life easier.

Hey, Mods, you can go ahead and lock this one now. Should be good for reference sake, I think.

Edit: For posterity's sake, what ended up happening is that I spoke with the original founder and he ejected everybody that didn't go to the fallback region. That same day, I waited until the region updated and the second it CTE'd, I created it as a new region. It only spent maybe five seconds CTE'd. The trick was just getting the timing right.
Last edited by Marquesan on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraven Prevails!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical