NATION

PASSWORD

Offensive Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Couasia
Diplomat

Founded: May 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Offensive Thread

Postby Couasia » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Hey, mods? Forgive me for saying so, but that thread appears to have gone unnoticed for two days and has gotten over 350 replies in that time. Obviously y'all have lives and all that, but you may want to have a look at this one.

I don't think this constitutes spamming, but forgive me if it does. I was just trying to bring the matter to light.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Ok, so it offends some. It isn't illegal. It hasn't broken rules. Though it has gotten a bit spammy one supposes. Hence why it hasn't been shut down. Someone has a wild idea they opted to share - feel free to argue it down, or ignore it.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Senkaku wrote:that thread appears to have gone unnoticed for two days

Please don't confuse "inactivity in a Moderation thread" with "nobody noticed or cared about the report". I've glanced at it several times, saw that it didn't break any obvious rules, and left it unresolved so that other mods could make up their own minds. I read every thread with new posts at least twice a day, and I suspect others are just as anal.

tl;dr: Absence of ruling after several days means it's probably legal.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:19 pm

I want to state that both Nathi and Fris' posts are correct.

I had meant to lock that thread for spamming previously, but had gotten sidetracked with another incident. After re-checking to see if the state of the thread had improved, and seeing it had not, I'm going to go ahead and lock it.

Please not my explanation in the other thread
I'm not....100% convinced it was a thread made to troll, given that the user didn't immediately jump ship and did make attempts to defend his points. I can see why you'd think so, but this is, yet another, example where simple presentations of facts and rational discussion...that thing NSG is there for...would have sufficed. Instead, we got some of that, and a hell of a lot of spam.

Return to Moderation