NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Troll Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

[Report] Troll Thread

Postby The Batorys » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:59 pm

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=305300

The nation was made today. It seems that this person decided that on their very first day on NS, for their very first post, they should make a thread called "In Defense of Pol Pot" and extol the virtues of a dictator who killed about 25-40% of his country's population.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Ucropi
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ucropi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:07 am

was started at 5:30pm yesterday 12 pages deep and your the first to report it? Not sure it'll stand up
Go home America, my country already has freedom
Things I Like:
Communism, Equality, Science, Art

Things I Hate:
Capitalism, America, Religion

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:14 am

Are you a mod?

I reported because that is when I saw it. Also, when I saw it, and started typing, it was still July 20th. Don't assume that everyone is in the same time zone as you.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:20 am

The Batorys wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=305300

The nation was made today. It seems that this person decided that on their very first day on NS, for their very first post, they should make a thread called "In Defense of Pol Pot" and extol the virtues of a dictator who killed about 25-40% of his country's population.

I'm not....100% convinced it was a thread made to troll, given that the user didn't immediately jump ship and did make attempts to defend his points. I can see why you'd think so, but this is, yet another, example where simple presentations of facts and rational discussion...that thing NSG is there for...would have sufficed. Instead, we got some of that, and a hell of a lot of spam.

I am going to lock it, given how far afield of the actual topic it has moved.

Thanks for the report.

Ucropi wrote:was started at 5:30pm yesterday 12 pages deep and your the first to report it? Not sure it'll stand up

Time lapse is not often considered in the process of deciding how to act on a report, nor is how many pages a thread has gained. Further, given that the thread is 90% "lol no!" and picspam replies....it really only has about a page and a half of what you might call "substance."

You just came back from a ban...and have previous warnings for spamming moderation. You were told that your record was getting pretty thick and with the amount of warnings you've picked up with the 8th of this month...this is what we're going to do.

*** 7 day ban for spamming moderation as well as a demonstrated inability to follow site rules ***

As odd as it seems, I'm trying to do you a favor here. Take this time to read the rules, consider them, consider your posting habits and if you want to continue to be part of this community. If you do, when you return, follow the rules. Because if you don't, you won't be posting with this account for much longer.

Return to Moderation