NATION

PASSWORD

A Throne of Thorns (AWRP/OOC/Reboot)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Timothia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 am

Quirina wrote:I deem that this RP is a lot more active. Any more rooms where I can play as?

Aragon, Austria, Bohemia, Morocco, the Turks (not really that organized yet) Brandenburg, Milan, Modena/Ferrara (Northern Italy), Hungary, Tuscany, Muscowy, Crimea, Georgia, the severely-weakened, Golden Horde, Granada, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, Liguria, Switzerland, and pretty much all the petty German city-states.

In other words, yes. You've got options.
Last edited by Timothia on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only unofficial person in the room still wearing a monocle. ಠ_ರೃ

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 am

Timothia wrote:
Quirina wrote:I deem that this RP is a lot more active. Any more rooms where I can play as?

Aragon, Austria, Bohemia, Morocco, the Turks (not really that organized yet) Brandenburg, Milan, Modena/Ferrara (Northern Italy), Hungary, Tuscany, Granada, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, Liguria, Switzerland, and pretty much all the petty German city-states.

If I take Aragon and manage to own some lands, can I change my name into something else?
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Timothia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Quirina wrote:
Timothia wrote:Aragon, Austria, Bohemia, Morocco, the Turks (not really that organized yet) Brandenburg, Milan, Modena/Ferrara (Northern Italy), Hungary, Tuscany, Granada, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, Liguria, Switzerland, and pretty much all the petty German city-states.

If I take Aragon and manage to own some lands, can I change my name into something else?

I'd guess you could, within reason. You'd have to ask Ublia to be sure. What name do you have in mind?
Last edited by Timothia on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Timothia wrote:
Quirina wrote:If I take Aragon and manage to own some lands, can I change my name into something else?

I'd guess you could, within reason. You'd have to ask Ublia to be sure. What name do you have in mind?

Just like in my current RP.... Spain. I know history, don't worry. How's Castile doing by the way?
Last edited by Quirina on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Timothia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Quirina wrote:
Timothia wrote:I'd guess you could, within reason. You'd have to ask Ublia to be sure. What name do you have in mind?

Just like in my current RP.... Spain. I know history, don't worry. How's Castile doing by the way?

Here's their app, I don't know if it ever got officially accepted.

Castille's App
Reatra wrote:*pant*

Okay, I added detail to the part about Isi overthrowing the king.

PLEEEEASE say okay to this!

NS Name: The Capital Province of Reatra
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Castile
Capital City: Toledo
Government Type: Feudal Monarchy
Head of State: King Ricard Isi
Claimed Territory: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Corona_de_Castilla_1400_en.svg
State/National Religion: Catholicism
Dominant Religion: Catholicism
Minority Religion(s): Islam, Judaism
Population: 4.1 million
Military Organization: Feudal Levies. Mainly halberd infantry and longbowmen. But an army of men at arms can be called upon.
Military Size: 66000 total men. But 133000 is possible in a time of need, but the troops will be un-trained.
Fleet Size: A sizeable fleet of about 80 galleys to patrol the Mediterranean and a dozen sturdier ships to move around on the Atlantic.
National Flag: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Royal_Banner_of_the_Kingdom_of_Castile.svg
Coat of Arms: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Royal_Arms_of_Castille_%281214-15th_Century%29.svg

National Focus: Tradewinds
National Idea(s): Printing Press,
Trade Policy: Free Trade
Civil Freedoms: In between serfdom and free.
Primary Import(s): Mainly metals.
Primary Export(s): Swine meat, olive oil, grapes, citrus fruit, nuts, wool and mutton
Primary Culture: Castilian
Accepted Cultures: Whatever the Moors in Granada are(sorry)

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Spanish Reconquista was one of the most successful Christian takeover of Muslim land in the Middle Ages. Starting in roughly 1000, and lasting until 1492, it really made the Kingdom of Castile the power it is today. Now the only Muslim stronghold is Granada. But the Castilians did benefit from the Islamic influences. The advanced technology of the Muslims meant that Castile was further along for quite awhile. While the quality of life is higer here than in other places because of it.

Brief Description of your nation's economy: Main imports are metals while exports center around agriculture. A free trade system where imports and exports are used to help the economy.

Brief Description of your nation's government: A feudal monarchy, you know, king then dukes then counts then barons.

Brief Description of your nation's populace: Mainly Castilian, But Islamic cultures are accepted.

RP Example:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=249932http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=259377[/code]

Name of House: The House of Isi
Banner of House: A long Deep blue banner with orange stripes going sideways, while golden crossed swords fill the center.
Brief Description of House: A relatively new House. Overthrowing the House of Burgundy and usurping the throne. Ricard is the first Isi king, and has been ruling for 14 years. The former king was not really liked by the nobility, at all... He made them recognize the authority of the crown. So a coup was planned, and Isi, a powerful house that ruled over one of the petty kingdoms, was the leader of it, as he had many allies in the court. The coup was started and the king overthrown, after Isi stabbed the king in the back while embracing him(hehe). His allies in the King's Guard then attacked the rest of his supporters in the throne-room. Then Isi took charge afterwards.
House Specialities: Zealotry, Renaissance Man (Zealotry because we're kicking out the Muslims, Renaissance Man because I figured that they're a new house and the Renaissance just started.)
Head of House: Ricard Isi, 34, and male. He is 6'2" tall. Slightly tanned, but still easily seen to be Caucasian.
Nobility Ranking: King
List of Cadet Branches: None, barely a decade and a half old.
Brief Description of Head of House: Kind, fun, really a nice friend. But can get aggressive...
Relevant House Members (names, age and sex): Queen* Adela Isi, female, 31, and 5'5" ; Prince* Aarón Isi, male, 14, and 5'6" ; Princess* Manella Isi, female, and 14
Brief Description of other most relevant House Members: Petty King of Leon, most powerful non-royal noble, as his family used to be the ruling house. But now the two houses are quite happy with each other; Petty King of Toledo, also a very powerful noble, but the King has done great work getting on his good side.
Demesne List: Castile apparently doesn't have any.
Laws of Succession: Primogeniture
RP sample (1-3): See last app. ^^^

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Timothia wrote:
Quirina wrote:Just like in my current RP.... Spain. I know history, don't worry. How's Castile doing by the way?

Here's their app, I don't know if it ever got officially accepted.

Castille's App
Reatra wrote:*pant*

Okay, I added detail to the part about Isi overthrowing the king.

PLEEEEASE say okay to this!

NS Name: The Capital Province of Reatra
Nation Name: The Kingdom of Castile
Capital City: Toledo
Government Type: Feudal Monarchy
Head of State: King Ricard Isi
Claimed Territory: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Corona_de_Castilla_1400_en.svg
State/National Religion: Catholicism
Dominant Religion: Catholicism
Minority Religion(s): Islam, Judaism
Population: 4.1 million
Military Organization: Feudal Levies. Mainly halberd infantry and longbowmen. But an army of men at arms can be called upon.
Military Size: 66000 total men. But 133000 is possible in a time of need, but the troops will be un-trained.
Fleet Size: A sizeable fleet of about 80 galleys to patrol the Mediterranean and a dozen sturdier ships to move around on the Atlantic.
National Flag: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Royal_Banner_of_the_Kingdom_of_Castile.svg
Coat of Arms: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Royal_Arms_of_Castille_%281214-15th_Century%29.svg

National Focus: Tradewinds
National Idea(s): Printing Press,
Trade Policy: Free Trade
Civil Freedoms: In between serfdom and free.
Primary Import(s): Mainly metals.
Primary Export(s): Swine meat, olive oil, grapes, citrus fruit, nuts, wool and mutton
Accepted Cultures: Whatever the Moors in Granada are(sorry)

Brief Description of your nation's History: The Spanish Reconquista was one of the most successful Christian takeover of Muslim land in the Middle Ages. Starting in roughly 1000, and lasting until 1492, it really made the Kingdom of Castile the power it is today. Now the only Muslim stronghold is Granada. But the Castilians did benefit from the Islamic influences. The advanced technology of the Muslims meant that Castile was further along for quite awhile. While the quality of life is higer here than in other places because of it.

Brief Description of your nation's economy: Main imports are metals while exports center around agriculture. A free trade system where imports and exports are used to help the economy.

Brief Description of your nation's government: A feudal monarchy, you know, king then dukes then counts then barons.

Brief Description of your nation's populace: Mainly Castilian, But Islamic cultures are accepted.

RP Example:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=249932http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=259377[/code]

Name of House: The House of Isi
Banner of House: A long Deep blue banner with orange stripes going sideways, while golden crossed swords fill the center.
Brief Description of House: A relatively new House. Overthrowing the House of Burgundy and usurping the throne. Ricard is the first Isi king, and has been ruling for 14 years. The former king was not really liked by the nobility, at all... He made them recognize the authority of the crown. So a coup was planned, and Isi, a powerful house that ruled over one of the petty kingdoms, was the leader of it, as he had many allies in the court. The coup was started and the king overthrown, after Isi stabbed the king in the back while embracing him(hehe). His allies in the King's Guard then attacked the rest of his supporters in the throne-room. Then Isi took charge afterwards.
House Specialities: Zealotry, Renaissance Man (Zealotry because we're kicking out the Muslims, Renaissance Man because I figured that they're a new house and the Renaissance just started.)
Head of House: Ricard Isi, 34, and male. He is 6'2" tall. Slightly tanned, but still easily seen to be Caucasian.
List of Cadet Branches: None, barely a decade and a half old.
Brief Description of Head of House: Kind, fun, really a nice friend. But can get aggressive...
Relevant House Members (names, age and sex): Queen* Adela Isi, female, 31, and 5'5" ; Prince* Aarón Isi, male, 14, and 5'6" ; Princess* Manella Isi, female, and 14
Brief Description of other most relevant House Members: Petty King of Leon, most powerful non-royal noble, as his family used to be the ruling house. But now the two houses are quite happy with each other; Petty King of Toledo, also a very powerful noble, but the King has done great work getting on his good side.
Demesne List: Castile apparently doesn't have any.
Laws of Succession: Primogeniture
RP sample (1-3): See last app. ^^^

Did he ever posted about it ICly? That's where I can say that he's accepted.

And for some reason, he's desperate to be Castile. Oh, pardon me for my flag. Hehe I'm Castile from another RP. :p
Last edited by Quirina on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Timothia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Quirina wrote:
Timothia wrote:Here's their app, I don't know if it ever got officially accepted.

Castille's App

Did he ever posted about it ICly? That's where I can say that he's accepted.

And for some reason, he's desperate to be Castile. Oh, pardon me for my flag. Hehe I'm Castile from another RP. :p

Nope, he's never posted IC. His app says the words 1492, which is probably why he didn't get accepted: IC it starts in 1401.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Timothia wrote:
Quirina wrote:Did he ever posted about it ICly? That's where I can say that he's accepted.

Nope, he's never posted IC. His app says the words 1492, which is probably why he didn't get accepted: IC it starts in 1401.

I think my flag suits for the character I'm playing as.

I wanna apply as Castile with a more proper App. Are you the OP or one of the Co-OPs?
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Quirina wrote:
Timothia wrote:Nope, he's never posted IC. His app says the words 1492, which is probably why he didn't get accepted: IC it starts in 1401.

I wanna apply as Castile with a more proper App. Are you the OP or one of the Co-OPs?

No; clearly Ublia is the OP. :p
And Mish and Quendi are Co's.

Timothia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Quirina wrote:
Timothia wrote:Nope, he's never posted IC. His app says the words 1492, which is probably why he didn't get accepted: IC it starts in 1401.

I wish :)

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Eaglleia wrote:
Quirina wrote:I think my flag suits for the character I'm playing as.

No; clearly Ublia is the OP. :p

Do you think I have a chance to enter here as Castile since the last one who tried to apply as Castile was my enemy in another RP, which does not much respond to any of my posts for him, and wants to destroy me as Castile. Well, enough of that and I;ll try to write down the app and see if I'll be accepted.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Eaglleia
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Quirina wrote:
Eaglleia wrote:No; clearly Ublia is the OP. :p

Do you think I have a chance to enter here as Castile since the last one who tried to apply as Castile was my enemy in another RP, which does not much respond to any of my posts for him, and wants to destroy me as Castile. Well, enough of that and I;ll try to write down the app and see if I'll be accepted.

I dunno if he was ever accepted; may wanna wait up on that. >.>

Timothia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Eaglleia wrote:
Quirina wrote:Do you think I have a chance to enter here as Castile since the last one who tried to apply as Castile was my enemy in another RP, which does not much respond to any of my posts for him, and wants to destroy me as Castile. Well, enough of that and I;ll try to write down the app and see if I'll be accepted.

I dunno if he was ever accepted; may wanna wait up on that. >.>

Exactly.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Actually it doesn't appear like Reatra's application was ever accepted so Castile is vacant and applications to play it can be made.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prince-Bishopric Of Liege » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:33 pm

Sorry for my prolongued absence guys, but college life is killing my spare time... I have some trial exams coming up, but I hope to catch up with a mega-post in this week.

Timothia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:48 pm

This should be the final draft of the map. I think it's pretty much finished, but I might be wrong. I took off Castile when I found out that their app hasn't been accepted yet, and I fixed Burgundy, Pommerania, and the Papal States. This one should be good to go.

How often should I update the map? I can do it weekly, I can do it at the end of every page of IC, I can do it monthly, or I can do it every time we need a new thread. Basically, I can do it whenever. What thinks ye?

EDIT - removed Portugal, Scotland, and Ireland.
Last edited by Timothia on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Prince-Bishopric Of Liege wrote:Sorry for my prolongued absence guys, but college life is killing my spare time... I have some trial exams coming up, but I hope to catch up with a mega-post in this week.

NP, about the mistress you sent north to meet Geneviève where do you propose they meet? Geneviève is obviously in Frankfurt which is a bit out of the way until the election is over, then she will journey to Aachen for the coronation and being in the region anyway will visit her lands in the Low Countries so if you can wait that long they can meet in Maastricht, a city held jointly by the Duke of Brabant and the Prince-Bishop of Liège. If that is too late and your character doesn't mind a detour they can meet in Aachen.
Timothia wrote:This should be the final draft of the map. I think it's pretty much finished, but I might be wrong. I took off Castile when I found out that their app hasn't been accepted yet, and I fixed Burgundy, Pommerania, and the Papal States. This one should be good to go.

How often should I update the map? I can do it weekly, I can do it at the end of every page of IC, I can do it monthly, or I can do it every time we need a new thread. Basically, I can do it whenever. What thinks ye?

Just on an ad hoc basis as the need arises I would say.

Also I think both Scotland, Ireland and Portugal are inactive.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Do I need to be so accurate in my application about Castile's statistics? I'm still working on my application and I don't know what military organization and etc. that I'm suppose to use.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:04 pm

NS Name: Quirina
Nation Name: Corona de Castilla (Crown of Castile)
Capital City: Toledo, Kingdom of Toledo
Government Type: Monarchy
Head of State: Henry III The Infirm
Claimed Territory: SVG map
State/National Religion: Latin Christianity
Dominant Religion: Latin Christianity
Minority Religion(s): Orthodox Christianity, Sephardic Judaism
Population: 3.5 million *can be adjustable due to historical inaccuracies
Military Organization: Tributary Levies
Military Size: 7 armies, 6 of which having 2,000 men and 1 army (King's army) have 2,500 men
Fleet Size: 5 fleets for individual demesnes (Seville, Murcia, Asturias, Galicia, Biscay) that have sea access, but Castile has 2 fleets. Each fleet has 30 ships.
National Flag:

Coat of Arms:

National Focus: Seafaring
National Idea(s): Siege Corps
Trade Policy: Mercantilism
Civil Freedoms: Free Subjects
Primary Import(s): iron, gold, silver, steel
Primary Export(s): lumber, poultry, wool, olive oil, tuna, wine, sherry, mercury, textile, clothing
Trade Partner(s): Pomerania, Burgundy, England, Saxony, Mantua
Accepted Cultures: Leonese, Aragonese, Portuguese, Navarrese, Galician, Asturian, Cantabrian

Brief Description of your nation's History:
The Crown of Castile was a medieval and modern state in the Iberian Peninsula that formed in 1230 as a result of the third and definitive union of the crowns and parliaments of the kingdoms of Castile and León upon the accession of the then King Ferdinand III of Castile to the vacant Leonese throne.

The Kingdom of León arose out of the Kingdom of Asturias. The Kingdom of Castile appeared initially as a county of the Kingdom of León. From the second half of the 10th century to the first half of the 11th century it changed hands between León and the Kingdom of Navarre. In the 11th century it became a kingdom in its own right.
The two kingdoms had been united twice previously:
- From 1037 until 1065 under Ferdinand I of León. Upon his death his kingdoms passed to his sons, León to Alfonso VI, Castile to Sancho II, and Galicia to García.
- From 1072 until 1157 under Alfonso VI (died 1109), Urraca (died 1126), and Alfonso VII. From 1111 until 1126 Galicia was separate from the union under Alfonso VII. In 1157 the kingdoms were divided between Alfonso's sons, with Ferdinand II receiving León and Sancho III Castile.

Ferdinand III received the Kingdom of Castile from his mother, Queen Berengaria of Castile, in 1217, and the Kingdom of León from his father (Alfonse IX of León) in 1230. From then on the two kingdoms were united under the name of the Kingdom of León and Castile, or simply as the Crown of Castile. Ferdinand III later conquered the Guadalquivir Valley, while his son Alfonso X conquered the Kingdom of Murcia from Al-Andalus, further extending the area of the Crown of Castile. Given this, the kings of the Crown of Castile traditionally styled themselves "King of Castile, León, Toledo, Galicia, Murcia, Jaén, Córdoba, Seville, and Lord of Biscay and Molina", among other possessions they later gained. The heir to the throne has been titled Prince of Asturias since the 14th century.

Almost immediately after the union of the two kingdoms under Ferdinand III, the parliaments of Castile and León were united. It was divided into three estates, which corresponded with the nobility, the church and the cities, and included representation from Castile, León, Galicia, Toledo, Navarre and the Basque provinces. Initially the number of cities represented in the Cortes varied over the next century, until John I permanently set those that would be allowed to send representatives (procuradores): Burgos, Toledo, León, Sevilla, Córdoba, Murcia, Jaén, Zamora, Segovia, Ávila, Salamanca, Cuenca, Toro, Valladolid, Soria, Madrid and Guadalajara (with Granada added after its conquest in 1492).

Under Alfonso X, most sessions of the Cortes of both kingdoms were held jointly. The Cortes of 1258 in Valladolid comprised representatives of Castile, Extremadura and León ("de Castiella e de Estremadura e de tierra de León") and those of Seville in 1261 of Castile, León and all other kingdoms ("de Castiella e de León e de todos los otros nuestros Regnos"). Subsequent Cortes were celebrated separately, for example in 1301 that of Castile in Burgos and that of León in Zamora, but the representatives demanded that the parliaments be reunited from then on.
Although the individual kingdoms and cities initially retained their individual historical rights-including the Old Fuero of Castile (Viejo Fuero de Castilla) and the different fueros of the municipal councils of Castile, León, Extremadura and Andalucía-a unified legal code for entire new kingdom was created in the Siete Partidas (c. 1265), the Ordenamiento de Alcalá (1248) and the Leyes de Toro (1505). These laws continued to be in force until 1889, when a new Spanish civil code (the Código Civil Español) was enacted.

On the death of Alfonso XI a dynastic conflict started between his sons, the Infantes Peter (Pedro) and Henry, Count of Trastámara, which became entangled in the Hundred Years' War (between England and France). Alfonso XI had married Maria of Portugal with whom he had his heir, the Infante Peter. However, the King also had many illegitimate children with Eleanor of Guzman, among them the above-mentioned Henry, who disputed Peter's right to the throne once the latter became king.
In the resulting struggle, in which both brothers claimed to be king, Pedro allied himself with Edward, Prince of Wales, "the Black Prince." In 1367, the Black Prince defeated Henry II's allies at the Battle of Nájera, restoring Pedro's control of the kingdom. The Black Prince, seeing that the king would not reimburse his expenses, left Castile. Henry, who had fled to France, took advantage of the opportunity and recommenced the fight. Henry finally was victorious in 1369 in the Battle of Montiel, in which he had Peter killed.

In 1371 the brother of the Black Prince, John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster, married Constance, Peter's daughter. In 1386, he claimed the Crown of Castile in the name of his wife, the legitimate heir according to the Cortes de Seville of 1361. He arrived in A Coruña with an army and took the city. He then moved on to occupy Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo. He asked John I, Henry II's son, to give up the throne in favor of Constance.

John declined but proposed that his son, the Infante Henry, marry John of Gaunt's daughter Catherine. The proposal was accepted, and the title Prince of Asturias was created for Henry and Catherine. This ended the dynastic conflict, strengthened the House of Trastámara's position and created peace between England and Castile.

During the reign of Henry III royal power was restored, overshadowing the much powerful Castilian nobility. In his later years Henry delegated some of his power to his brother Ferdinand I of Antequera, who would be regent, along with his wife Catherine of Lancaster, during the childhood of his son John II. (Source: Wikipedia)

Brief Description of your nation's economy:
From the 14th to 15th century, the Crown of Castile experienced unprecedented significant growth in its wool industry; the sheep population skyrocketed from 1.5 million at the beginning of the 14th century to 5.0 million at the end of the 15th century. (2) Several factors could be attributed for this significant development. First, due to the terrible decline in labor force caused by epidemic Black Death, herding industry, which required relatively fewer workers, emerged as a plausible alternative for agriculture. Second, the emergence of a large market for wool due to England's ceasing her wool exportation as an attempt to protect her textile industry brought about skyrocketing demand for Castilian wool. Third, as Murcia and Guadalquivir valley became Castilian territories, Genoa-Flanders sea route through the Strait of Gibraltar got accessible to Castilian merchants. Last but not least, Castilian nobility and the court, which found sheep ranching a good way to obtain additional income and solve the chronic budget deficit, granted privileges to pastors through various institutions.

In order to protect the economic benefits from the wool industry, a unique Castilian organization named Honrado Concejo de la Mesta de Pastores (Honorable Council of the Pastors Mesta), or shortly, Mesta existed. According to Wikipedia Spanish, Mesta, formed in 1273, was an organization "bringing together all pastors of Castile and Leon into an national association and granting important prerogatives and privileges such as exemption from military service, to testify in court, the rights of passage and pasturage, etc."

Due to the conditions cited above, Castilian agriculture encountered transformation in its forms. In the process of distributing the land obtained through the Reconquista, nobles who owned large land began to run Haciendas, Spanish version of Latifundium. Also, as new trade routes and markets got accessible, nobles tended to cultivate commercial crops for exportation such as grape for wine and olives for oil. As a result, the balance of agriculture and sheep ranching got broken, which often caused skirmishes between farmers and pastors over the property of farmland, and in most cases, the nobles and royal families were on the side of pastors, allowing privileges for them.

Although Castile saw development in its cloth manufacturing industry in some centers such as Segovia and Cuenca as a natural consequence of booming wool industry, the cloth industry was still insufficient to meet the domestic demand for textile, especially for luxurious fabrics amongst the privileged classes.

As a result of booming industries as well as increasing international trade, several commercial centers for different industries emerged.

First, the triangle Burgos-Cantabrian coastal cities were major exportation centers of Castilian wool. Burgos was where wool produced all over Castile was collected, thus capital as well. In case of Cantabrian coastal cities, they performed the role of the trade centers for many Castilian products such as wine and iron from Basque country to England and Flanders and fish from Hondarribia (5) to the Mediterranean. Especially, in the 13th century, Cantabrian coastal cities formed Hermando de la Marina de Castilla (Fraternity of the Castilian sailors) from Hondarribia to Bayonne, which transported fish to Mediterranean regions, competing with the English. In Cantabria, Laredo and Castro Urdiales were major ports.

Another trade center developed in western Andalucia, where Bretons, English, Florentine bankers, Basque sailors, Italian merchants and Genoese bankers would settle. Food products such as olive oil, tuna, wine and sherry and mercury from Almaden (6), which was mainly used as an amalgam in silver mines of Central Europe, were the main products traded there. Later, it became a major trade center of slaves and Sudanese gold which was transported from West African coast.

Beside these, there were other commercial centers such as Segovia, Toledo and Cuenca in Meseta. Also, Basques established commercial colony in Bruges. In those commercial centers, merchants established Lonjas (markets) which performed as market places as well as currency exchange; la Lonja de Sevilla (the Market of Sevilla) was the oldest among them. (Source)

Brief Description of your nation's government:
A monarchy (or kingdom, when ruled by a King or Queen) is a form of government in which sovereignty is actually or nominally embodied in a single individual (the monarch). Forms of monarchy differ widely based on the level of legal autonomy the monarch holds in governance, the method of selection of the monarch, and any predetermined limits on the length of their tenure. When the monarch has no or few legal restraints in state and political matters, it is called an absolute monarchy and is a form of autocracy. Cases in which the monarch's discretion is formally limited (most common today) are called constitutional monarchies. In hereditary monarchies, the office is passed through inheritance within a family group, whereas elective monarchies are some system of voting. Historically these systems most commonly combined, either formally or informally, in some manner. (For instance, in some elected monarchies only those of certain pedigrees are considered eligible, whereas many hereditary monarchies have legal requirements regarding the religion, age, gender, mental capacity, and other factors that act both as de facto elections and to create situations of rival claimants whose legitimacy is subject to effective election.) Finally, there are situations in which the expiration of a monarch’s reign is set based either on the calendar or on the achievement of certain goals (repulse of invasion, for instance.) The effect of historical and geographic difference along each of these three axes is to create widely divergent structures and traditions defining “monarchy.” (Source: Wikipedia)

Brief Description of your nation's populace:
The Castilian people (Spanish: castellanos) are the inhabitants of the central regions of Spain. They include at least Castile-La Mancha, Madrid, La Rioja and most parts of Castile and León. Sometimes also Cantabria is included. However, not all regions of the medieval Kingdom of Castile are widely considered as Castilian. For this reason, the exact limits of what Castile is today are disputed.

Through the Reconquista and other conquests in the Middle Ages, the Kingdom of Castile (later Crown of Castile) spread over a large part of the Iberian Peninsula, especially towards the southern Spanish regions. After this, since the 15th century, through the Spanish colonization of the Americas, the Castilians also spread over the New World, bringing with them not only their language, but also elements of their culture and traditions. (Source: Wikipedia)

RP Example: 1000 AD Historical RP, History of Man, Antiquity Rises Rampant

THE HOUSE OF TRASTAMARA APP
Name of House: Trastamara
Banner of House: Same as the Flag of the Crown of Castile
Brief Description of House:The House of Trastámara was a dynasty of kings in the Iberian Peninsula, which first governed in Castile beginning in 1369 before expanding its rule into Aragón, Navarre and Naples. They were an illegitimate cadet line of the House of Burgundy.

The line of Trastámaran royalty in Castile ruled throughout a period of military struggle with Aragon. Their family was sustained with large amounts of inbreeding, which led to a series of disputed struggles over rightful claims to the Castilian throne. This lineage ultimately ruled in Castile from the rise to power of Henry II in 1369 through the unification of the crowns under Ferdinand and Isabella.

House Specialities: Knights, Renaissance Man
Head of House (name, age, and sex): Henry III, 22, Male
List of Cadet Branches: Castilian Trastamara, Leonese Trastamara, Galician Trastamara, Asturian Trastamara,
Brief Description of Head of House: He is a seated King of Castile and the Trastamara House declares him head despite his young age.
Relevant House Members (names, age and sex):
- Catherine from Lancaster, 28, female
- Ferdinand, 21, male
- Maria of Castile, 1, female
- Catherine of Castile, 0, female
- John of Castile, 0, male
Brief Description of other most relevant House Members:
- Catherine from Lancaster is the Wife of Henry III
- Ferdinand is Henry's brother who lives in Aragon and nearly going to be king of Aragon
- Maria of Castile is the eldest daughter
- Catherine of Castile was the second daughter
- John was the youngest and only son
Demesne List:
- Kingdom of Galicia
- Principality of Asturias
- Kingdom of Castile (consist of Kdms. of Castile, Toledo, Murcia, Jaen, Cordoba, Sevilla, based from submitted map)
- Kingdom of Leon
- Lordship of Biscay
Laws of Succession: Gavelkind
RP sample: From "1000 AD Historical RP", from "History of Man" RP, from "History of Man RP"

The Primate of Hispania, College of Cardinals of the Vatican
NS nation name: Quirina
Nation or House name: House of Trastamara
Cardinal name: Juan Diego de Seguidor, Archbishop of Toledo, Primate of Hispania
Do you have a catholic majority/minority?(Y/N): Y
RP example(at least three): Same as in Dynasty App

Here's my attempt to apply as a better and responsive Castile. :P

EDIT: The King's wife and the Archbishop's location, erased some parts in economy
EDIT: This shall be the permanent database of Castile for the rest of the RP. Edited name of Archbishop of Toledo and named him Juan Diego de Seguidor. Edited military database from "professional army" to "tributary levies".
EDIT: New coat of arms, added list of trade partners
Last edited by Quirina on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Timothia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Timothia » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:
Timothia wrote:This should be the final draft of the map. I think it's pretty much finished, but I might be wrong. I took off Castile when I found out that their app hasn't been accepted yet, and I fixed Burgundy, Pommerania, and the Papal States. This one should be good to go.

Just on an ad hoc basis as the need arises I would say.

Also I think both Scotland, Ireland and Portugal are inactive.

Fixed
Last edited by Timothia on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Timothia wrote:Revised Map

Ok, took your guys' suggestions, this should be pretty close to the final thing. Anything else that needs to be added? Changed? Let me know.

Note that the Byzantines and Venice share rival claims on Greece, Crete, Cyprus, and the Aegean Islands. Also, do the borders of the HRE need to be defined on the map?

That's good, though my territories in Mesopotamia look a little iffy, and most of me and TImurids are off the map, which is a concern, considering one of the msot active theatres right now is the middle east...

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:11 pm

My (Venice's) territory is Dalmatia extends further south.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:47 am

Quirina wrote:Here's my attempt to apply as a better and responsive Castile. :P

CASTILE PROPER APP
Head of State: Henry III the Infirm
State/National Religion: Roman Catholicism
Dominant Religion: Roman Catholicism
Minority Religion(s): Orthodox Christianity, Judaism
Military Organization: Professional Army
Military Size: 7,500 men
Fleet Size: 30 galleys, 70 armed merchant vessels
National Flag:
Coat of Arms:

Primary Import(s): Iron, Cocoa,
Primary Export(s): Coal, Lumber, Wheat, Tomatoes
Accepted Cultures: Leonese, Aragonese, Portuguese, Navarrese, Grenadine

The Crown of Castile was a medieval and modern state in the Iberian Peninsula that formed in 1230 as a result of the third and definitive union of the crowns and parliaments of the kingdoms of Castile and León upon the accession of the then King Ferdinand III of Castile to the vacant Leonese throne.

The Kingdom of León arose out of the Kingdom of Asturias. The Kingdom of Castile appeared initially as a county of the Kingdom of León. From the second half of the 10th century to the first half of the 11th century it changed hands between León and the Kingdom of Navarre. In the 11th century it became a kingdom in its own right.
- From 1037 until 1065 under Ferdinand I of León. Upon his death his kingdoms passed to his sons, León to Alfonso VI, Castile to Sancho II, and Galicia to García.
- From 1072 until 1157 under Alfonso VI (died 1109), Urraca (died 1126), and Alfonso VII. From 1111 until 1126 Galicia was separate from the union under Alfonso VII. In 1157 the kingdoms were divided between Alfonso's sons, with Ferdinand II receiving León and Sancho III Castile.

Ferdinand III received the Kingdom of Castile from his mother, Queen Berengaria of Castile, in 1217, and the Kingdom of León from his father (Alfonse IX of León) in 1230. From then on the two kingdoms were united under the name of the Kingdom of León and Castile, or simply as the Crown of Castile. Ferdinand III later conquered the Guadalquivir Valley, while his son Alfonso X conquered the Kingdom of Murcia from Al-Andalus, further extending the area of the Crown of Castile. Given this, the kings of the Crown of Castile traditionally styled themselves "King of Castile, León, Toledo, Galicia, Murcia, Jaén, Córdoba, Seville, and Lord of Biscay and Molina", among other possessions they later gained. The heir to the throne has been titled Prince of Asturias since the 14th century.

Almost immediately after the union of the two kingdoms under Ferdinand III, the parliaments of Castile and León were united. It was divided into three estates, which corresponded with the nobility, the church and the cities, and included representation from Castile, León, Galicia, Toledo, Navarre and the Basque provinces. Initially the number of cities represented in the Cortes varied over the next century, until John I permanently set those that would be allowed to send representatives (procuradores): Burgos, Toledo, León, Sevilla, Córdoba, Murcia, Jaén, Zamora, Segovia, Ávila, Salamanca, Cuenca, Toro, Valladolid, Soria, Madrid and Guadalajara (with Granada added after its conquest in 1492).

Under Alfonso X, most sessions of the Cortes of both kingdoms were held jointly. The Cortes of 1258 in Valladolid comprised representatives of Castile, Extremadura and León ("de Castiella e de Estremadura e de tierra de León") and those of Seville in 1261 of Castile, León and all other kingdoms ("de Castiella e de León e de todos los otros nuestros Regnos"). Subsequent Cortes were celebrated separately, for example in 1301 that of Castile in Burgos and that of León in Zamora, but the representatives demanded that the parliaments be reunited from then on.
Although the individual kingdoms and cities initially retained their individual historical rights-including the Old Fuero of Castile (Viejo Fuero de Castilla) and the different fueros of the municipal councils of Castile, León, Extremadura and Andalucía-a unified legal code for entire new kingdom was created in the Siete Partidas (c. 1265), the Ordenamiento de Alcalá (1248) and the Leyes de Toro (1505). These laws continued to be in force until 1889, when a new Spanish civil code (the Código Civil Español) was enacted.

On the death of Alfonso XI a dynastic conflict started between his sons, the Infantes Peter (Pedro) and Henry, Count of Trastámara, which became entangled in the Hundred Years' War (between England and France). Alfonso XI had married Maria of Portugal with whom he had his heir, the Infante Peter. However, the King also had many illegitimate children with Eleanor of Guzman, among them the above-mentioned Henry, who disputed Peter's right to the throne once the latter became king.
In the resulting struggle, in which both brothers claimed to be king, Pedro allied himself with Edward, Prince of Wales, "the Black Prince." In 1367, the Black Prince defeated Henry II's allies at the Battle of Nájera, restoring Pedro's control of the kingdom. The Black Prince, seeing that the king would not reimburse his expenses, left Castile. Henry, who had fled to France, took advantage of the opportunity and recommenced the fight. Henry finally was victorious in 1369 in the Battle of Montiel, in which he had Peter killed.

In 1371 the brother of the Black Prince, John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster, married Constance, Peter's daughter. In 1386, he claimed the Crown of Castile in the name of his wife, the legitimate heir according to the Cortes de Seville of 1361. He arrived in A Coruña with an army and took the city. He then moved on to occupy Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra and Vigo. He asked John I, Henry II's son, to give up the throne in favor of Constance.

John declined but proposed that his son, the Infante Henry, marry John of Gaunt's daughter Catherine. The proposal was accepted, and the title Prince of Asturias was created for Henry and Catherine. This ended the dynastic conflict, strengthened the House of Trastámara's position and created peace between England and Castile.

During the reign of Henry III royal power was restored, overshadowing the much powerful Castilian nobility. In his later years Henry delegated some of his power to his brother Ferdinand I of Antequera, who would be regent, along with his wife Catherine of Lancaster, during the childhood of his son John II. (Source: Wikipedia)

From the 14th to 15th century, the Crown of Castile experienced unprecedented significant growth in its wool industry; the sheep population skyrocketed from 1.5 million at the beginning of the 14th century to 5.0 million at the end of the 15th century. (2) Several factors could be attributed for this significant development. First, due to the terrible decline in labor force caused by epidemic Black Death, herding industry, which required relatively fewer workers, emerged as a plausible alternative for agriculture. Second, the emergence of a large market for wool due to England's ceasing her wool exportation as an attempt to protect her textile industry brought about skyrocketing demand for Castilian wool. Third, as Murcia and Guadalquivir valley became Castilian territories, Genoa-Flanders sea route through the Strait of Gibraltar got accessible to Castilian merchants. Last but not least, Castilian nobility and the court, which found sheep ranching a good way to obtain additional income and solve the chronic budget deficit, granted privileges to pastors through various institutions.

In order to protect the economic benefits from the wool industry, a unique Castilian organization named Honrado Concejo de la Mesta de Pastores (Honorable Council of the Pastors Mesta), or shortly, Mesta existed. According to Wikipedia Spanish, Mesta, formed in 1273, was an organization "bringing together all pastors of Castile and Leon into an national association and granting important prerogatives and privileges such as exemption from military service, to testify in court, the rights of passage and pasturage, etc."

Due to the conditions cited above, Castilian agriculture encountered transformation in its forms. In the process of distributing the land obtained through the Reconquista, nobles who owned large land began to run Haciendas, Spanish version of Latifundium. Also, as new trade routes and markets got accessible, nobles tended to cultivate commercial crops for exportation such as grape for wine and olives for oil. As a result, the balance of agriculture and sheep ranching got broken, which often caused skirmishes between farmers and pastors over the property of farmland, and in most cases, the nobles and royal families were on the side of pastors, allowing privileges for them.

Although Castile saw development in its cloth manufacturing industry in some centers such as Segovia and Cuenca as a natural consequence of booming wool industry, the cloth industry was still insufficient to meet the domestic demand for textile, especially for luxurious fabrics amongst the privileged classes. As a result, Castilian textile industry failed to compete against the mighty French and Flemish textile industry. As an attempt to protect domestic wool industry, Castilian textile merchant, in the Cortes in the fourteenth century, called for the cessation of importation (Madrigal, 1438) or reserving one-third of the wool for its own industry (Toledo, 1462) but failed.

As a result of booming industries as well as increasing international trade, several commercial centers for different industries emerged.

First, the triangle Burgos-Cantabrian coastal cities were major exportation centers of Castilian wool. Burgos was where wool produced all over Castile was collected, thus capital as well. In case of Cantabrian coastal cities, they performed the role of the trade centers for many Castilian products such as wine and iron from Basque country to England and Flanders and fish from Hondarribia (5) to the Mediterranean. Especially, in the 13th century, Cantabrian coastal cities formed Hermando de la Marina de Castilla (Fraternity of the Castilian sailors) from Hondarribia to Bayonne, which transported fish to Mediterranean regions, competing with the English. In Cantabria, Laredo and Castro Urdiales were major ports.

Another trade center developed in western Andalucia, where Bretons, English, Florentine bankers, Basque sailors, Italian merchants and Genoese bankers would settle. Food products such as olive oil, tuna, wine and sherry and mercury from Almaden (6), which was mainly used as an amalgam in silver mines of Central Europe, were the main products traded there. Later, it became a major trade center of slaves and Sudanese gold which was transported from West African coast.

Beside these, there were other commercial centers such as Segovia, Toledo and Cuenca in Meseta. Also, Basques established commercial colony in Bruges. In those commercial centers, merchants established Lonjas (markets) which performed as market places as well as currency exchange; la Lonja de Sevilla (the Market of Sevilla) was the oldest among them. (Source)

A monarchy (or kingdom, when ruled by a King or Queen) is a form of government in which sovereignty is actually or nominally embodied in a single individual (the monarch).[1] Forms of monarchy differ widely based on the level of legal autonomy the monarch holds in governance, the method of selection of the monarch, and any predetermined limits on the length of their tenure. When the monarch has no or few legal restraints in state and political matters, it is called an absolute monarchy and is a form of autocracy. Cases in which the monarch's discretion is formally limited (most common today) are called constitutional monarchies. In hereditary monarchies, the office is passed through inheritance within a family group, whereas elective monarchies are some system of voting. Historically these systems most commonly combined, either formally or informally, in some manner. (For instance, in some elected monarchies only those of certain pedigrees are considered eligible, whereas many hereditary monarchies have legal requirements regarding the religion, age, gender, mental capacity, and other factors that act both as de facto elections and to create situations of rival claimants whose legitimacy is subject to effective election.) Finally, there are situations in which the expiration of a monarch’s reign is set based either on the calendar or on the achievement of certain goals (repulse of invasion, for instance.) The effect of historical and geographic difference along each of these three axes is to create widely divergent structures and traditions defining “monarchy.” (Source: Wikipedia)

The Castilian people (Spanish: castellanos) are the inhabitants of the central regions of Spain. They include at least Castile-La Mancha, Madrid, La Rioja and most parts of Castile and León. Sometimes also Cantabria is included. However, not all regions of the medieval Kingdom of Castile are widely considered as Castilian. For this reason, the exact limits of what Castile is today are disputed.
Through the Reconquista and other conquests in the Middle Ages, the Kingdom of Castile (later Crown of Castile) spread over a large part of the Iberian Peninsula, especially towards the southern Spanish regions. After this, since the 15th century, through the Spanish colonization of the Americas, the Castilians also spread over the New World, bringing with them not only their language, but also elements of their culture and traditions. (Source: Wikipedia)

Dynasty APP:
Brief Description of House:The House of Trastámara was a dynasty of kings in the Iberian Peninsula, which first governed in Castile beginning in 1369 before expanding its rule into Aragón, Navarre and Naples. They were an illegitimate cadet line of the House of Burgundy.

The line of Trastámaran royalty in Castile ruled throughout a period of military struggle with Aragon. Their family was sustained with large amounts of inbreeding, which led to a series of disputed struggles over rightful claims to the Castilian throne. This lineage ultimately ruled in Castile from the rise to power of Henry II in 1369 through the unification of the crowns under Ferdinand and Isabella.

Head of House (name, age, and sex): Henry III, 21, Male
List of Cadet Branches: Trastamara-Aragon, Trastamara-Navarra, Trastamara-Lancaster
Brief Description of Head of House: He is a seated King of Castile and the Trastamara House declares him head despite his young age.
- Catherine of Lancaster, 22, female
- Ferdinand, 22, male
- Maria of Castile, 3, female
- Catherine of Castile, 2, female
- John of Castile, 1, male
- Catherine of Lancaster is the Wife of Henry III
- Ferdinand is Henry's brother who lives in Aragon
- Maria of Castile is still an infant daughter from Catherine of Lancaster
- Catherine of Castile was the second infant daughter of Henry and Catherine of Lancaster
- John was the youngest son of Henry and Catherine.
Demesne List: (Remember it all depends on your specialties though each player starts off with a default of 6 demesnes)
- Kingdom of Galicia
- Kingdom of Leon
- Kingdom of Castile (consist of Kdms. of Castile, Toledo, Murcia, Jaen, Cordoba, Sevilla, based from submitted map)
- Lordship of Biscay
RP sample: From "1000 AD Historical RP", from "History of Man" RP, from "History of Man RP"

PAPAL CANDIDACY APP
Cardinal name: John, Archbishop of Madrid, Primate of Hispania

You may want to reconsider your choice of wife, House Lancaster is extinct.

Also Madrid didn't have an archdiocese at this time, the main archdiocese of Castile was in Toledo and it was it that held the primacy rank.
Nation RP name

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:51 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Quirina wrote:Here's my attempt to apply as a better and responsive Castile. :P

CASTILE PROPER APP
Head of State: Henry III the Infirm
State/National Religion: Roman Catholicism
Dominant Religion: Roman Catholicism
Minority Religion(s): Orthodox Christianity, Judaism
Military Organization: Professional Army
Military Size: 7,500 men
Fleet Size: 30 galleys, 70 armed merchant vessels
National Flag:
Coat of Arms:

Primary Import(s): Iron, Cocoa,
Primary Export(s): Coal, Lumber, Wheat, Tomatoes
Accepted Cultures: Leonese, Aragonese, Portuguese, Navarrese, Grenadine

Although Castile saw development in its cloth manufacturing industry in some centers such as Segovia and Cuenca as a natural consequence of booming wool industry, the cloth industry was still insufficient to meet the domestic demand for textile, especially for luxurious fabrics amongst the privileged classes. As a result, Castilian textile industry failed to compete against the mighty French and Flemish textile industry. As an attempt to protect domestic wool industry, Castilian textile merchant, in the Cortes in the fourteenth century, called for the cessation of importation (Madrigal, 1438) or reserving one-third of the wool for its own industry (Toledo, 1462) but failed.

A monarchy (or kingdom, when ruled by a King or Queen) is a form of government in which sovereignty is actually or nominally embodied in a single individual (the monarch).[1] Forms of monarchy differ widely based on the level of legal autonomy the monarch holds in governance, the method of selection of the monarch, and any predetermined limits on the length of their tenure. When the monarch has no or few legal restraints in state and political matters, it is called an absolute monarchy and is a form of autocracy. Cases in which the monarch's discretion is formally limited (most common today) are called constitutional monarchies. In hereditary monarchies, the office is passed through inheritance within a family group, whereas elective monarchies are some system of voting. Historically these systems most commonly combined, either formally or informally, in some manner. (For instance, in some elected monarchies only those of certain pedigrees are considered eligible, whereas many hereditary monarchies have legal requirements regarding the religion, age, gender, mental capacity, and other factors that act both as de facto elections and to create situations of rival claimants whose legitimacy is subject to effective election.) Finally, there are situations in which the expiration of a monarch’s reign is set based either on the calendar or on the achievement of certain goals (repulse of invasion, for instance.) The effect of historical and geographic difference along each of these three axes is to create widely divergent structures and traditions defining “monarchy.” (Source: Wikipedia)

Dynasty APP:

Head of House (name, age, and sex): Henry III, 21, Male
List of Cadet Branches: Trastamara-Aragon, Trastamara-Navarra, Trastamara-Lancaster
- Catherine of Lancaster, 22, female
- Ferdinand, 22, male
- Maria of Castile, 3, female
- Catherine of Castile, 2, female
- John of Castile, 1, male
- Catherine of Lancaster is the Wife of Henry III
- Ferdinand is Henry's brother who lives in Aragon
- Maria of Castile is still an infant daughter from Catherine of Lancaster
- Catherine of Castile was the second infant daughter of Henry and Catherine of Lancaster
- John was the youngest son of Henry and Catherine.
Demesne List: (Remember it all depends on your specialties though each player starts off with a default of 6 demesnes)
- Kingdom of Galicia
- Kingdom of Leon
- Lordship of Biscay

PAPAL CANDIDACY APP
Cardinal name: John, Archbishop of Madrid, Primate of Hispania

You may want to reconsider your choice of wife, House Lancaster is extinct.

Also Madrid didn't have an archdiocese at this time, the main archdiocese of Castile was in Toledo and it was it that held the primacy rank.

Thanks for the corrections.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse