NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Living Freedom Land
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Living Freedom Land » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Financial Act of 2013: AYE
Revenue Collection Act of 2013: AYE
Government Finance and Accounting Act: NAY
Broadcasting Act: NAY
Economic Responsibility Act: ABSTAIN
fnord

Otrenia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Otrenia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:29 pm

I'd like to submit the following to the queue.

Third Amendment to the Republican Executive Act | Author: Otrenia [RG] | Revised by: Wolfmanne [PC] | Sponsors: Battlion [NLP], Free South Califas [CP], Rumostan [NLP], Venaleria [RG], Wolfmanne [RG] | Urgency: Moderate

The Senate of Aurentina,

Applauding the intentions of the Republican Executive Act,

However noticing that the impeachment process is left vague,

Hereby adds clarity with the following:

"The Senate may, by a 2/3rds vote of members present, remove the President from office for criminal actions. If the Council of State, by majority vote, deems the President incapable of carrying out the duties of the office, due to mental or physical incapacitation, they may present a motion for the President's removal to the Senate. The Senate may then remove the President by majority vote."

Code: Select all
[box][size=120][b]Third Amendment to the Republican Executive Act[/b][/size] | Author: Otrenia [RG] | Revised by: Wolfmanne [PC] | Sponsors: Battlion [NLP], Free South Califas [CP], Rumostan [NLP], Venaleria [RG], Wolfmanne [RG] | Urgency: Moderate
[hr][/hr]
The Senate of Aurentina,

[b]Applauding [/b]the intentions of the Republican Executive Act,

[b]However noticing[/b] that the impeachment process is left vague,

[b]Hereby adds clarity with the following[/b]:

"The Senate may, by a 2/3rds vote of members present, remove the President from office for criminal actions. If the Council of State, by majority vote, deems the President incapable of carrying out the duties of the office, due to mental or physical incapacitation, they may present a motion for the President's removal to the Senate. The Senate may then remove the President by majority vote."[/box]

Welsh Cowboy
Minister

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Welsh Cowboy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Financial Act of 2013: ABSTAIN
Revenue Collection Act: AYE
Broadcasting Act: ABSTAIN
Economic Responsibility Act: NAY
Champions, 53rd Baptism of Fire

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:32 pm

viewtopic.php?p=15581618#p15581618
Aye to the BA and RCA.
Nay to the ERA and GFAA.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Following Senator Otrenia's example, I would like for this act to be added to the queue:

National Park Service Establishment Act (NPSEA)
Written by: Venaleria [RG] | Supported by: Aeken [LD] Beta Test [LD] Maklohi Vai [LD] Free South Califas [CP] Glasgia [MSP] Rumostan [NLP] Gothmogs [TR] Malgrave [USLP] Wolfmanne [PC] |
Urgency: Low-Medium

The Senate of Aurentina,

REALIZING the importance of natural recreation and the need for education on our outside environment
NOTING many natural, under-developed landscapes are being destroyed, polluted, and harmed for unjust reason
AWARE that we as a nation must do our part to protect, defend, and preserve these ecosystems and landscapes for the bettering of our future lifestyles

Defines the following:

National Park: A governmentally protected ecosystem, landscape, or "outside" area which contains beauty, history, or ecological importance to this nation

Park Ranger: An individual who is educated in the subject of wildlife and natural protection as well as one who is willing to use their judgement for the greater good of aforesaid national parks. A select group shall be legally certified and chosen to range and protect the park locations around this nation.

Hereby confirms these statements:

I. The National Park Service (NPS) shall be created in which those who wish to do so may explore, visit, or learn from different national park locations around this nation
II. All national parks shall be physically maintained and protected by the hereby established National Park Service Rangers Organization (NPSRO) in which certified park rangers are given access to all areas of the parks in order to keep these locations sanitary, physically protected, engaging, and of public enjoyment.
III. The National Park Service Rangers Academy (NPSRA) shall be established in order to assist and educate those who wish to be and/or are already certified park rangers through comprehensive training and standards set forth by the NPS.
IV. The Minister of Environment and Minister of Interior shall be given joint authority to set standards and regulation which they deem fit in collaboration with each other. Regulation must be adhered to by all citizens otherwise according consequences may and most likely will ensue.
V. Any land mass which may be suitable to fit national park status must be inspected by the NPS as well as the Ministers of Environment and Interior, and must be officially eradicated by this Senate. These locations must pass the following points to be a national park:
- Location must be more than one-hundredth (0.01) acres as well as less than ten-million (10,000,000)
- Location must consist substantially of historical, ecological, and/or natural beauty
- Location must have either deep cultural reference to this nation or contain a comprehensive resource connection
- Location must be accessible and generically enjoying or educational to the general public for a set and regulated fee
- Location must provide an accurate, unspoiled example of a resource
- Location must be in regulation with any other rules or standards set forth by the aforesaid offices
VI. Park rangers shall be instructed to educate, direct, attend to, search for, and assist the public present

The Senate hereby passes and instates the National Park Service Establishment Act.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

German-Spanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German-Spanish Empire » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Venaleria wrote:Following Senator Otrenia's example, I would like for this act to be added to the queue:

Written by: Venaleria [RG] | Supported by: Aeken [LD] Beta Test [LD] Maklohi Vai [LD] Free South Califas [CP] Glasgia [MSP] Rumostan [NLP] Gothmogs [TR] Malgrave [USLP] Wolfmanne [PC] |

The Senate of Aurentina,

REALIZING the importance of natural recreation and the need for education on our outside environment
NOTING many natural, under-developed landscapes are being destroyed, polluted, and harmed for unjust reason
AWARE that we as a nation must do our part to protect, defend, and preserve these ecosystems and landscapes for the bettering of our future lifestyles

Defines the following:

National Park: A governmentally protected ecosystem, landscape, or "outside" area which contains beauty, history, or ecological importance to this nation

Park Ranger: An individual who is educated in the subject of wildlife and natural protection as well as one who is willing to use their judgement for the greater good of aforesaid national parks. A select group shall be legally certified and chosen to range and protect the park locations around this nation.

I. The National Park Service (NPS) shall be created in which those who wish to do so may explore, visit, or learn from different national park locations around this nation
II. All national parks shall be physically maintained and protected by the hereby established National Park Service Rangers Organization (NPSRO) in which certified park rangers are given access to all areas of the parks in order to keep these locations sanitary, physically protected, engaging, and of public enjoyment.
III. The National Park Service Rangers Academy (NPSRA) shall be established in order to assist and educate those who wish to be and/or are already certified park rangers through comprehensive training and standards set forth by the NPS.
IV. The Minister of Environment and Minister of Interior shall be given joint authority to set standards and regulation which they deem fit in collaboration with each other. Regulation must be adhered to by all citizens otherwise according consequences may and most likely will ensue.
V. Any land mass which may be suitable to fit national park status must be inspected by the NPS as well as the Ministers of Environment and Interior, and must be officially eradicated by this Senate. These locations must pass the following points to be a national park:
- Location must be more than one-hundredth (0.01) acres as well as less than ten-million (10,000,000)
- Location must consist substantially of historical, ecological, and/or natural beauty
- Location must have either deep cultural reference to this nation or contain a comprehensive resource connection
- Location must be accessible and generically enjoying or educational to the general public for a set and regulated fee
- Location must be in regulation with any other rules or standards set forth by the aforesaid offices
VI. Park rangers shall be instructed to educate, direct, attend to, search for, and assist the public present

The Senate hereby passes and instates the National Park Service Establishment Act.

Seconded.

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm

German-Spanish Empire wrote:
Venaleria wrote:Following Senator Otrenia's example, I would like for this act to be added to the queue:

The Senate of Aurentina,

Defines the following:

Seconded.

Thirded. The Christmas Party must get their douglas firs.
Last edited by Aeken on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Financial Act of 2013: Aye
Revenue Collection Act: Aye
Government Finance and Accounting Act: Nay
Broadcasting Act: Nay
Economic Responsibility Act: Nay

Phocidaea
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phocidaea » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:41 pm

FA 2013: Aye
RCA 2013: Aye
GFAA: Nay
BA: Aye
ERA: Most definitely Nay
Call me Phoca.
Senator [Unknown] of the Liberal Democrats in NSG Senate.
Je suis Charlie: Because your feels don't justify murder.

Lemanrussland
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemanrussland » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Actually, mistyped there, change my vote on the BA from Nay to Aye

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Lemanrussland wrote:Actually, mistyped there, change my vote on the BA from Nay to Aye

:hug: Yay
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Financial Act of 2013: AYE
Revenue Collection Act of 2013: AYE
Economic Responsibility Act: NAY
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:50 pm

National Financing and Accounting Act | Authors: Royalsoldiers, Yanalia, Ujh Uhj, Ainin, Belmaria | Voting Ends: 23 July 2013, 22:40 EDT
Financial Act of 2013
Aye: 16
Nay: 3
Abstain: 3

Revenue Collection Act of 2013
Aye: 18
Nay: 4
Abstain: 1

Government Finance and Accounting Act
Aye: 7
Nay: 15

Broadcasting Act
Aye: 17
Nay: 5

Economic Responsibility Act
Aye: 3
Nay: 18
Abstain: 2

EDIT: Forgot to change Lemanrussland's vote.
Last edited by Yanalia on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Yanalia, you made the number for Abstain under "Broadcasting Act" blue... :-/

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Ainin wrote:Yanalia, you made the number for Abstain under "Broadcasting Act" blue... :-/

I have no idea what you're talking about... :p

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Financial Act of 2013: Aye
Revenue Collection Act of 2013: Aye
Government Finance and Accounting Act: Nay
Broadcasting Act: Aye
Economic Responsibility Act: Nay
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Aye on BA and Nay on ERA. The other three votes will come later once I have more time to read them over as well.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm going to make Venaleria my President pro tempore in 1 hour unless I get compelling reasons why I should choose FSC or Bleckonia.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:I'm going to make Venaleria my President pro tempore in 1 hour unless I get compelling reasons why I should choose FSC or Bleckonia.

Bleckonia is going to be Minister of Work, so I think that would be a conflict. I don't see why this is such a big deal. It's not like the President Pro Temp has much power anyway. Their job isn't to affect policy so I don't care who it is as long as they are un-biased.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:I'm going to make Venaleria my President pro tempore in 1 hour unless I get compelling reasons why I should choose FSC or Bleckonia.

He needs 75% approval of the Senate, but let's just leave it at that and if someone calls a vote of no confidence against him and succeeds, then so be it. Negative parliamentarism ftw :).
Last edited by Wolfmanne on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Yanalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:

He needs 75% approval of the Senate, but let's just leave it at that and if someone calls a vote of no confidence against him and succeeds, then so be it. Negative parliamentarism ftw :).

Doesn't that set a dangerous precedent for PM votes?

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Yanalia wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:He needs 75% approval of the Senate, but let's just leave it at that and if someone calls a vote of no confidence against him and succeeds, then so be it. Negative parliamentarism ftw :).

Doesn't that set a dangerous precedent for PM votes?

No, because Prime Ministers are officially limited by term. President pro tempore isn't.
Last edited by Wolfmanne on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Kalmath
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalmath » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 pm

FA: AYE
RCA: AYE
GFAA: NAY
BA: NAY
ERA: NAY
NSG Senate: Senator Wilhelm Gunther Hoth of District 177 (Verden).

CTALNH wrote:Sorry for being me can we still be comrades?

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Financial Act of 2013: NAY

Revenue Collection Act: NAY

Government Financing and Accounting Act: AYE

Economic Responsibility Act: AYE
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию