NATION

PASSWORD

Landsberg Charity Vase III (Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 27, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Landsberg Charity Vase III (Closed)

Postby Bostopia » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Landsberg Charity Vase III

The third Landsberg Charity Vase (organised by the Association Septentrionienne de Soccer, the Bostopian FA on behalf of the Landsberg Group and the Sorthern Northland FA) will shortly be starting, with Bostopia hoping to win the LCV for the third time running. The previous LCVs were organised alongside the World Cup, with the last one being hosted by Kura-Pelland, but an agreement on a new format has now taken place.

Each team will play each other in a round-robin league format. This ensures that the maximum amount of money available from ticket sales can go to charity.

The Landsberg Group will cover all usual costs of hosting each game.

The winners will be given B£6,000,000, with second place receiving B£5,000,000 and so on. The money will be awarded from the tournament sponsors, Landsberg. However, all monies won and all monies gained from ticket sales must be given to charities that are focused on developing youth football.

The representative FAs (or equivalent) from the following nations have been invited and will be the only nations eligible to play. Back-up nations have already been selected and notified:

Bostopia - Accepted
Nethertopia - Accepted
Septentrionia - Accepted
Somewhereistonia - Accepted
Sorthern Northland - Accepted
Yafor 2 - Accepted

Hosting

Matches will be scorinated by Bostopia using NSFS 2.0.7 on the basis that I know how to use it. Matches involving Bostopia will not be scorinated by Bostopia. Bostopia's RPs will be judged and their match scored by a person not involved in the match with Bostopia. RPs will be judged and scored on the same basis that they were in the Baptism of Fire for World Cup 47, co-hosted by Bostopia.

All rosters, RPs and scores will go in this thread so as not to clutter up the forum.

Ranks

Ranks have been created in a KPB format based on the previous two LCV competitions and are as follows. It has been agreed by Bostopia, Oli and Snorth in IRC. The original format saw Bostopia at around 26 KPBs and Sorthern Northland at 23 KPBs, and this has been toned down to make it fairer on new entrants.

Bostopia – 13.00
Sorthern Northland – 11.50
Septentrionia – 7.00
Nethertopia – 6.00
Somewhereistonia – 0.00
Yafor 2 – 0.00

Table

Teams will be placed in the table by the following means; Points, goal difference, goals for, games won, then head to head.

Fixtures

Fixtures have been generated by use of php code on an external website. This has currently been done for a league of 6 teams.

Guide for Players

RPs, style modifiers: As with the World Cup, players will be able to include an RP box or short statement saying what other players can/cannot do. Teams may, when submitting their roster, include a style modifier. This ranges from -5 (Defend! *clap clap* Yaffy! *clap clap* Defend!) to +5 (Bostopia's military strategy). If a style modifier is not submitted, it will default to 0.

CTEs: Nations who cease to exist during the tournament will be glared at over IRC and prodded gently to revive their nation. This is assuming that it's noticed they've ceased to exist.

Friendlies: Anyone asking for friendlies will be kindly asked to do it them-bloody-selves.

Rankings: Rankings have been created based on the previous two LCV competitions in a KPB style. This will be updated independently of the World Cup and other WCC-sanctioned events.

Rules: A more substantive set of rules will be drawn up and placed on NSwiki.net at some point in the future - holding your breath not advised.
Last edited by Bostopia on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Are you a Mertagnian in Bostopia? If so, hand yourself in at the nearest Police Station now and you will be treated with the utmost care and attention.

NSGP: World Drivers Champion x 1 - NSGP 5 - F1 Constructors Champion x 1 NSGP 5
Cup of Harmony 26, 40: Champions
World Cup - Qualified x 20, SFs x 2.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Following the acceptance of all entrants, the fixture list is below. The first matchday will be scorinated on Thursday the 7th January, after I get home from the pub, as was the consensus reached by those involved, in the hope that some interesting scores come up, or as is more likely, I manage to stuff up my own scores and lose two matches in one go.

MD01: Nethertopia -v- Sorthern Northland | Bostopia -v- Septentrionia | Yafor 2 -v- Somewhereistonia
MD02: Sorthern Northland -v- Somewhereistonia | Septentrionia -v- Yafor 2 | Nethertopia -v- Bostopia
MD03: Bostopia -v- Sorthern Northland | Yafor 2 -v- Nethertopia | Somewhereistonia -v- Septentrionia
MD04: Sorthern Northland -v- Septentrionia | Nethertopia -v- Somewhereistonia | Bostopia -v- Yafor 2
MD05: Yafor 2 -v- Sorthern Northland | Somewhereistonia -v- Bostopia | Septentrionia -v- Nethertopia
MD06: Sorthern Northland -v- Nethertopia | Septentrionia -v- Bostopia | Somewhereistonia -v- Yafor 2
MD07: Somewhereistonia -v- Sorthern Northland | Yafor 2 -v- Septentrionia | Bostopia -v- Nethertopia
MD08: Sorthern Northland -v- Bostopia | Nethertopia -v- Yafor 2 | Septentrionia -v- Somewhereistonia
MD09: Septentrionia -v- Sorthern Northland | Somewhereistonia -v- Nethertopia | Yafor 2 -v- Bostopia
MD10: Sorthern Northland -v- Yafor 2 | Bostopia -v- Somewhereistonia | Nethertopia -v- Septentrionia
Last edited by Bostopia on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Are you a Mertagnian in Bostopia? If so, hand yourself in at the nearest Police Station now and you will be treated with the utmost care and attention.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Number, Name, Position, Age, Team

Staff

JB - Jake BAILEY - Manager - 48
SC - Stewart CLAYTON - Assistant Manager - 53
KW - Karl WILLIAMS - Goalkeeping Coach - 46
BP – Billy PARNABY - Fitness Coach - 40
CE - Chris EVANS - Coach - 37
PP - Patrick PALMER - Coach - 43
AG - Aaron GRAINGER - Physio - 50
AB - Adam BALLARD - Physio - 33

Goalkeepers - 3

1 - David BRIGHTWELL - GK - 20 – Riikenberg City FC
12 – John HAYES - GK - 20 – Irringvale Borough FC
13 - Steven O'NEILL - GK - 20 – Caflin City FC

Defenders - 7

2 - Adam ENGLAND - DL - 20 – Fort Boston FC
3 - Chris NUNN - DC - 20 – Ousevale Borough (Krytenia)
4 - Dave PROCTOR - DC - 20 – Mannfield FC
5 - Danny THOMAS - DR - 20 – Henrikstad FC
14 - Dean KING - DC - 20 – Glenrock Athletic
15 - Jake LASKOWSKI - DLRC - 20 – Ranton Rovers
16 - Mitchell WARNING - DR - 20 – Osling FC

Midfielders - 8

6 - Lee ROFELD - ML - 20 – Fenton FC
7 - Neil SAUNDERS - DMC - 20 – Riikenberg City
8 - LEE DAVIES - AMC - 20 – Port Flamerty FC
9 - Dan GRAY - MR - 20 – Fort Boston FC
17 - Arron RICHARD - MC - 20 – Reamontry FC
18 - Dennis BENNETT - ML - 20 – Prussingberg Town
19 - Shaun CRESSWELL - MC - 20 – Bassingdale City
20 - Steven O'BRIEN - MR - 20 – Hilltop FC

Strikers - 5

10 - Steve GARFOOT - Captain - SC - 20 – Monham United
11 - Dean MAGUIRE - SC – 20 - Jaerring New Club
21 - Micky FORREST - SC - 20 – Fenton FC
22 - Paul CORNWELL - SC - 20 – Port Flamerty FC
23 - Chris ROBINSON - SC - 20 – Drangmorie United

Kits

Designed by the Bostopian FA

Home/Away/Third

ImageImageImage

Important Information for Hosts & RP'ers

Style Modifier - +2

In the event my opponent posts an RP first, they may:

Select my scorers — Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes
RP injuries to my players — Yes
Godmod injuries — No
Godmod scoring events — Yes
Godmod other events — Yes

Do whatever you want basically, just don't kill/maim/etc. An RP that makes me laugh would make me eternally grateful.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Post removed of content.
Last edited by Bostopia on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Nation: Somewhereistonia
Team Nickname: Eagles
Style Modifier: +2
Formation: 4-1-3-2
Home stadium: Spektakl-3-Arena

Kit:
ImageKeeper Kit Image2nd Keeper Kit

Image1st Kit Image2nd Kit Image3rd Kit

Manager: Priit Vilba – the assistant manager under Ergma's reign as Eagles boss and the caretaker manager after he was dismissed.

Team roster. Positions shown within [square brackets] 

Everyone is retired from international football, all received call-ups not all won a cap. Those still playing football at a club level are marked as such but none will play for the national team. Perfect for a charity tournament, eh?

First 11 
12. Nikolai Baskovic
2. Kazim Grázdas (still with club)
3. Kazys Kadleks (still with club)
4. Andrus Lurich [vc]
5. Vizma Berlin (still with club)
6. Vladimir Paposki
18. Povilas Drozdova (still with club)
8. Czesław Keres [C]
9. Kukas Skormilonski
14. Algirdas Astra (still with club)
20. Marek Oll

Subs: 

22. Kazys Grodzinski [DMF]
40. Alanik Vinka [CB] (still with club)
41. Kalju Merilaas [MF] (still with club)
42. Raitis Dandelikov [CB] (still with club)
15. Kazimeiras Oper [CB]
21. Jaan Schmidt [SMF]
45. Siiri Eenpalu [Wing] (still with club?)

If my opponent RP's first they can:
Choose my goalscorers Yes 
Godmod Scoring Events Yes 
RP injuries to my players Yes 
Godmod injuries to my players No 
Hand out Yellow cards to my players Yes (only up to 3 a match) 
Hand out Red cards to my players Yes (no more than 1)
Godmod Other Events Yes
Last edited by Somewhereistonia on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Sorthern Northland Not the Senior/Actual/Full National Football Team

Number, name, age, position (n/a for goalies and forwards), club (clubs country in brackets, if not a Sorthern club, which none of them are, players without clubs play in amateur leagues in the S.N.O.)

Goalkeepers:

1: Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill (vice-captain), 28 y/o, The Orange (The Babbage Islands)
13: Erin Green, 24 y/o
23: Lois Chávez, 20 y/o

Defenders:

2: Cheryl Matthews, 26 y/o, right back, FC Green Star (The Babbage Islands)
12: Faye Landry, 22 y/o, right back, Bukit Padang (Jesselton)
3: Laura O'Bagels, 23 y/o, left back, Highmark City Reds (Quintessence of Dust)
22: Sun-hi Shindo, 19 y/o, left back, Inanam (Jesselton)
5: Aysel Dzhafarov, 22 y/o, centre back, Luyang (Jesselton)
6: Zafiah al-Sahhah, 21 y/o, centre back, Telipok (Jesselton)
15: Rhian Owens, 28 y/o, centre back
16: Beryan Keigwin, 27 y/o, centre back

Midfielders:

7: Siobhan Ní hÓgáin, 24 y/o, right winger, Highmark City Blue (Quintessence of Dust)
17: Rebecca Crowthorne, 22 y/o, right winger, Donggongon (Jesselton)
11: Adeline Clonmel, 28 y/o, left winger, Greenville Rovers (The Babbage Islands)
24: Catrina Erlegh, 25 y/o, left winger, Tebobon (Jesselton)
4: Nelly Speightstown (captain), 30 y/o, central midfielder
8: Joxepa Xaparrarte, 24 y/o, central midfielder, Sepanggar (Jesselton)
14: Catríona Ní Bhranagáin, 26 y/o, central midfielder
18: Siobhán Ní Ríain, 28 y/o, central midfielder

Forwards:

9: Róisín Ní Ríain, 28 y/o, Luyang (Jesselton)
10: Iþðlay Sihâbeddîn, 27 y/o, Putatan (Jesselton)
19: Eulàlia Marxuach, 19 y/0
20: Hollyanne Burghfield, 20 y/o, Gernsback United (The Babbage Islands)

(Wo?)Manager: Caitríona Uí Mhordha

Formation is 4-4-2 with a style modifier of +5 (or whatever the max is).
Numbers 1 to 11 are the usual starters.
Feel free to make a couple of changes to those line ups though.
Home games are held at the 150,000 capacity James Connolly Stadium in Beningrad, show in the first picture below. Actually, bugger using the national stadium for this. List of which stadiums be used for which games up soon. Gimmie half an hour or so, alright? Sorted. Connecte-toi.

Right, sorted, below is the list of stadia we'll be using in each match.

Somewhereistonia: National Workers Stadium, Beningrad, 15,000, home of Workers United
Septentrionia: Stade Lavieux, Finistère, 35,000, home of CF Septentrionien
Nethertopia: de Wallen, Nieuw-Amsterdam, 41,093, home of Rode Ster Amsterdam
Bostopia: Blemney Road, Heathfield, 30,000, home of Heathfield City
Yafor 2: River Park, Rothsbere, 25,000, home of Rothsbere Athletic

Yes, we're playing the French and Dutch speaking teams in French and Dutch speaking cities. Perhaps the SNFA will live to regret that, but it's got to be better than playing Turks in Little Greece, eh?

RP thingy

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Y
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y
Godmod other events Y
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sorthern Football League, 2058 season MDs 1-9 MDs 10-19 MDs 20-29 MDs 30-38
Sorthern Northland wiki

World Paint Drying Champions!

<Mytannion> CC, I've watched the ESPN college thingy
<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting
<CC> what are you babbling about?

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 pm

DRINK, FECK, ARSE, GURLS!

The long running ban on women playing top level football in Sorthern Northland appears to be on the verge of collapse with the SNFA sending the women's national team to the Landsberg Chairty Vase. Whilst many other nations have allowed women to play alongside men for decades the SNFA has constantly upheld a ban on such practises. Former national team manager Eoin Ó Raghallaigh reneged on the ban to call up, and play, Highmark City Blues winger Siobhan Ní hÓgáin during AOCAF Cup 28 and World Cup 49. The effective performances of Ní hÓgáin during those tournaments is thought to have played a part in the decision of the SNFA in making moves to end the ban.

Sorthern Northland women's national team captain Nelly Speightstown welcomed the move, but urged caution telling, “It's come as a very nice surprise, and we're all looking forward to playing at the Charity Vase, against, hopefully, full strength teams from some of the other nations. Certainly for some of us older players who might've thought they'd not get a chance like this it's fantastic. It's certainly progress, and a step in the right direction, but there's still plenty to be done. The Vase is far from the World Cup or the AOCAF Cup, and just because we're playing here it doesn't mean the wall has finally come down. We've got a big chance to make a case for ourselves though, and it's vital that we make as strong a case as possible.”

SNFA chairman Fionntan Ó hEadroman meanwhile was quick to proclaim the move historic claiming, “The SNFA is delighted to give the women of our nation this historic opportunity.” He went on to add, “Siobhan was bought into the senior squad for the recent World Cup, and whilst it was admittedly done against our will she showed herself to be a valuable member of the squad throughout the qualifiers and the tournament itself. She certainly has a role to play in the future and it'd be wrong to find out if she's a one off or if there's more women capable of reaching her level and this is an ideal situation to do that. It's something that a growing number of the public are calling to be given a go as well. We've seen it work for other nations and just maybe it can work for us as well. It also gives us an excuse to not send the full senior squad what with the current search for a new manager, and the Landsberg Charity Vase is a very minor tournament. We wouldn't want the full squad doing themselves harm or injuring themselves at it and if the women do poorly we can tut at them and ask them to put the kettle on without us having to worry about doing poorly. It's very much a win-win situation.”
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorthern Northland wiki

<Mytannion> can't remember which college they follow but it is still interesting

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 pm

Somesport.som

Kukas Skormilonski Blogs

Remembering Vodz

Vladimir Vodz was one of the greatest sportsmen to have graced Somewhereistonia in recent years. With his goal threat, his ability and his unselfish ways he was perhaps the perfect striker. Should he have carried on him goal tally as he had done in his first and only three caps for the Eagles he would have out done every nation's strikers ever. Ignore them Elves and those over posh Starblaydi, it is with players like Vodz who bring a team to glorious things.

So, throughout the Landsberg Charity Vase the Somewhereistonian team will be wearing black arm bands in celebration of young Vladimir and his achievements. Before each match there will be a minutes silence for him. We will remember him, and then we'll go and beat whoever stands in our way, old legs permitting.

Hopefully this next match we will be able to teach them Yaforites how to bloody play football. None of this poncy stay in defense rubbish. Run forward and get the ball in the bloody net you boring old farts! We'll be doing that and our team have all bloody retired, so your team should be able to. It's disgraceful how far teams like yours can get so far in tournaments and stuff. It's not entertaining! Football should be entertaining, so hurry up and let in a few goals or something, alright? (Preferable 6 in the next match).

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:30 pm

The Landsberg Charity Vase III Matchday 1 Results.

Nethertopia 1 - 2 Sorthern Northland
Bostopia 3 - 0 Septentrionia
Yafor 2 0 - 0 Somewhereistonia

Pos   Team                       P   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD  Pts
1 Bostopia 1 1 0 0 3 0 3 3
2 Sorthern Northland 1 1 0 0 2 1 1 3
3 Yafor 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
4 Somewhereistonia 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
5 Nethertopia 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0
6 Septentrionia 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3 0
Last edited by Bostopia on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 am

Somesport.som

Kukas Skormilonski Blogs

I do believe that we're still at war

Right now, thousands of Sorthern Prisoners of War are in Somewhereistonia, many thousands of miles at home. Tomorrow some Somewhereistonian retirees will be playing against a team of Sorthern Women. I think that politics could overshadow the match. We are still technically at war (mainly because we seem to be being OGNORED by Sorthern Northland, who'd rather get drunk and eat biscuits whilst watching some sort of cucumber porn. See, these Sortherners really are just useless. They sent us an official diplomatic communique saying "feck right off". Seriously? Wtf? These guys are just retarded. If you can't handle your drink, stay off the stuff. It's a good thing we rathion the vodka to the Sorthern POWs, they clearly can't handle their drink. Just look at these two, on rationed vodka!

Sorthern sailors drunk on rationed alcohol

Still, the Sortherners are a useless bunch, so I think we can beat them in this next football game. It's not like they are going to play like the Yaforites and have 11 men on the line attempting to build some sort of fortifications to stop us scoring, with our 984 shots on target to their 0 I think we deserved to win that last one. Apparently the score was easily predictible by this long and confusing mathmatical equation:
5 - 5 = 0

As I'm not a useless drunk Sortherner, I can understand that one, and I guess the Yaforites could as well. The boring gits! Anyway, I'm off to prepare for this game against these so called women.

--------------------------

Invoice

Recipient: Sorthern Northland
Creditor: Somewhereistonia

Total amount owed: $10,930

Item Cost
Scampi $984
Chips $93
Fish fingers $984
Housing costs $8,000
Other costs $869

The recipient of the goods, used to accommodate the admiral and other staff cared for by Somewhereistonia, at Sorthern Northland's taken request (by refusal to respond to official communique), has till the end of the week to respond. Should they not make preparations to resolve the debt, the entire cost of the housing of all POWs will be requested by Somewhereistonia with the possibility of retrieval of funds via force if necessary*. We hope an agreement for the return of the Prisoners of War and an end to this conflict can finally be reached.

*We're at war anyway because of you lot. We did offer you peace.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:41 pm

The Landsberg Charity Vase III MD2 Results

Sorthern Northland 5 - 3 Somewhereistonia
Septentrionia 1 - 0 Yafor 2
Nethertopia 2 - 1 Bostopia

1 Sorthern Northland 2 2 0 0 7 4 3 6
2 Bostopia 2 1 0 1 4 2 2 3
3 Nethertopia 1 1 0 0 3 3 0 3
4 Septentrionia 2 1 0 1 1 3 -2 3
5 Yafor 2 2 0 1 1 0 1 -1 1
6 Somewhereistonia 2 0 1 1 3 5 -2 1
Last edited by Bostopia on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Beningrad Morning Star Online

SNFA suffer setback in hunt for national team manager

Members of the Sorthern Northland Football Association's Executive Board are understood to be on the verge of calling a crises meeting following rumours of a failed attempt to hire Marquez-Onwere manager Alejandro Blanco da Cruz as manager of the senior Sorthern Northalnd national team following the exit of the team in the second round of World Cup 49 and the subsequent dismissal of Eoin Ó Raghallaigh from his role as manager of the team. Though the SNFA have refused to confirm or deny the reports, it is widely known that Blanco da Cruz has been the preferred choice to replace Ó Raghallaigh.

Marquez-Onwere also have neither confirmed or denied reports of an approach for their manager, though they have hinted at begrudgingly accepting one. Blanco da Cruz, understood to have been busy promoting a potential Festival de las naranjas event in Onwere, has thus far been unavailable for comment. Friends in Onwere however have claimed that they wouldn't be at all surprised if the reports are true, with one telling us, “Alejandro has some interest in moving into international management. Just in the future rather than now. He's very happy in Onwere and is looking to achieve a great deal of success with the club. He believes he can go far with them.”

Whilst the SNFA have officially remained silent, it is understood that a significant people hold concerns with how they've conducted the search for a new manager. One temporary employee, currently in the middle of a month long work experience placement told us on condition of anonymity that there is significant disorganisation by SNFA top brass claiming, “It's chaos really. I think they'd prefer a Sortherner to have the job and with that in mind Blanco da Cruz is the outstanding candidate and they've been totally focused on getting him. He doesn't want the job though and they've not thought at all how they'd deal with that should such a situation occur. They'd have no contingency plans and that could be costly. There's a number of international applicants and they'll be heavily considered now I imagine, but the SNFA have ill prepared themselves to do so. To be honest though I think that they Executive Board have been so focused on getting Blanco da Cruz that they're unaware of who anyone else who's applied is.”

See also:
Bag of roasted peanuts missing from home claims wife of SNFA chairman
5-3 Charity Vase victory over geriatric has-beens from irrelevant nation disappointing claims captain Speightstown
Sorthern Northland wiki

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Qasarian Online!

Anonüümne Blogs

Polling time: should we bomb Sorthern Northland

Sorthern Northland seem to have this idea that it's fine to ignore their Prisoners of War, and fine to ignore diplomatic messages, so I say we give them a message that's a bit harder to ignore. This might wake up then. I suggest we send a couple of missiles flying their way - not nuclear ones, not at civilian targets - just bombing a couple of places. I mean, look at things now? We offered to bring peace, they have ignored us. Thanks to them we are still at war. Why don't we show it? Might be fun. Sorthern Northland would be quite easy to render incapable of fighting anyway. Just look at their sailor POWs for fuck sack. Look at them! They even converted a fully functional *aircraft* carrier into a biscuit carrier. A military that does this clearly has lost the plot, and deserves to lose a few military bases whilst they are at it. Conveniently, the is the secondary carrier fleet somewhere west of Continental Rushmore. In range of some bombing runs should the Sortherns actually have missile defense systems.

So, vote now, should we bomb them?

Last edited by Somewhereistonia on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:28 pm

The Landsberg Charity Vase MD3 Results

Bostopia 2 - 1 Sorthern Northland
Yafor 2 1 - 3 Nethertopia
Somewhereistonia 3 - 0 Septentrionia

1 Bostopia 3 2 0 1 6 3 3 6
2 Sorthern Northland 3 2 0 1 8 6 2 6
3 Nethertopia 2 2 0 0 6 4 2 6
4 Somewhereistonia 3 1 1 1 6 5 1 4
5 Septentrionia 3 1 0 2 1 6 -5 3
6 Yafor 2 3 0 1 2 1 4 -3 1
Last edited by Bostopia on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Characters:

Fionntan Ó hEadroman: SNFA chairman
Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu: SNFA Executive Board member
Chris Marshall: SNFA Executive Board member
Tadhg Mac Diarmaid: SNFA Executive Board member
Carles Fábregas i Casals: SFNA Executive Board member
Breno Gavião: World famous commentator
Emma McCarthy: Ó hEadroman's secretary
Piran Hean: Players representative

Meeting room of the SNFA...

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “I am glad to see that all those whom I asked to attened have been able to do so, and I thank you for that. Now, I'm sure you are all aware of the reason for calling this extraordinary meeting? We have of course suffered... a setback in the search for a new manager for our national team. We have many options available to us, and we will need to make ourselves familiar with the advantages and disadvantages each one will bring to us. Patrick, you have the first candidate I believe?”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “Indeed I do.”

Chris Marshall - “Well then? Do tell us, I promised to take the missues out for dinner tonight and I don't want to be late for that. She's still angry at one of my friends mistaking her for a Dallas and throwing pistachio nuts at her when he was drunk.”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “It's Cinna.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “....The poet?”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “The Cinna, yes.”

Fionntan Ó hEadronman - “He is a wonderful person, and an inspiration to us all I am sure. But hire him as our football manager? Does he....”

Breno Gavião - “Hello my frrrrriends! Oh, I see you have starrrrrted, I am late, I must say I am very sorrrrry for this. A trrrrruck spilt a load of kumquats on the rrrrroad and held me up!”

Carles Fábregas i Casals - “That was an interesting story, but who are you?”

Breno Gavião - “Me? I am Brrrrreno Gavião, the worrrrrld famous commentatorrrrr!”

Carles Fábregas i Casals - “I see, but what are you doing here?”

Breno Gavião - “I am enjoying a verrrrry nice holiday herrrrre in Sorrrrrtherrrrrn Norrrrrthland, but I hearrrrrd that no one was commentating on this meeting so I thought I'd drrrrrop by and offerrrrr this serrrrrvice to you. Oh, and I am also herrrre to remind you to pay yourrrrr taxes if you send a team to the Winterrrrr Olympics. We don't want a repeat of Worrrrrld Cup forrrrrty-two.”

Fionntan Ó hEadronman - “Indeed we don't, though seeing as we're the football association I don't envision us sending anyone to the Winter Games, I'll be sure to pass the message on to the relevant governing bodies though. If we could however get on with our meeting?”

Breno Gavião - “Of courrrrrse, ah you have biscuits! Excellent! Now then, Fionntan Ó hEadrrrrronman rrrrrises to speak.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “Erm, yes, thank you. Er, where were we?”

Chris Marshall - “Cinna.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “Ah, yes, Cinna. I believe I was about to ask if he has the knowledge to manager a football team. Patrick, you have his application, what does his CV say?”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “Well he's Cinna, ain't he? We all know about him, we've all read all about him, and his fantastic works. We don't need his CV.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “So he wants the job on the basis of him being a really really good poet?”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “Yeah. He did include a lot of pwetty poetwee as well. It's really good stuff, you should all read it. I think he's the man for the job.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “In that he'd make the players really good at poetry rather than football?”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “Well, he would of course teach them valuable lessons in the art of poetry, but he'd also be really good for our football. He's Yaforite so he'd play none of this attacking nonsense we've always played. It'll be proper defensive football and it'll be exciting. People will envy our 6-3-1 formation and try to imitate us.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “I see, well it's probably best to look at the other candidates just to make sure we don't miss out on anyone. Tadhg, you have three applicants from Sarzonia I believe?”

Breno Gavião - “And so they have consdierrrrred Cinna the Poet, the Yaforrrrrite, surrrrre to be defensive. Most of the boarrrrrd seem unsure about him, but O'Mahatendaransu is verrrrry keeen. Now who arrrrre the next applicants?”

Chris Marshall - “Didn't Fionntan say they were Sarzonians?”

Breno Gavião: “Yes, the next applicants are frrrrrom Sarrrrrzonia.”

Chris Marshall - “WE HATE SARZONIA!”

Tadhg Mac Diarmaid - “A bit harsh I think, most of the Sarzonians I've come across have been likable people.”

Chris Marshall - “Pft, it was them knocking us out that means we're here looking for a new manager and now they're applying for the job? Bare face cheek I tell you. Denied us of our rightful quarter-final against Bostopia and then they mock us like this.”

Tadhg Mac Diarmaid - “Well, to be fair Bostopia did lose their match to Cassadaigua so we wouldn't have even got that quarter-final if we'd have beaten Sarzonia.”

Chris Marshall - “Aye, we hate them as well! Teaming up to deny us our rightful quarter-final! They've not come to rub it in as well have they?”

Breno Gavião - “Therrrrre is still much rrrrraw angerrrrr overrrrr Sorrrrrtherrrrrn Norrrrrthland's exit from the Worrrrrld Cup it seems.”

Tadgh Mac Diarmaid - “*sigh* No, no one from Cassadaigua has applied, may I get on with the Sarzonians?”

Chris Marshall - “Oh good. Yes you may get on with them, we might as well get them out of the way as soon as we can.”

Tadgh Mac Diarmaid - “How thoughtful of you. Now then, first up is Diogo Avarel, current assistant to Franz Braddock with the Sarzonia team. A young manager and one who is good with young players.”

Carles Fábregas i Casals - “Hmm, doesn't sound like he has much experience. I think he'd be good if we were looking for a manager for the under-21's but we're looking for one for the senior squad.”

Tadgh Mac Diarmaid - “He is indeed inexperienced, but he has spent the last four World Cups as Franz Braddock's assistant. There's very few better mentors he could have in the world. Anyway, moving on there is also Kevin Wilson, who currently manages what is in effect the Sarzonia B team.”

Piran Hean - “I thought he sung about you can't say cunt in some made up place called Canada?”

Tadgh Mac Diarmaid - “Different Kevin Wilson. This is part of the very powerful in Sarzonian footballing circles Wilson clan. He's fairly highly thought of in Sarzonia. Was even rumoured to be the next Sarzonia manager until Braddock applied.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “Interesting, were they the only two to apply?”

Tadgh Mac Diarmaid - “No there is one more. Chris Hannan. Currently the technical director for the Sarzonia team.”

Chris Marshall - “What, he's in charge of their teles and MP3 players on so on?”

Tadgh Mac Diarmaid - “No, he apparently evaluates talent.”

Chris Marshall - “Ah, so he's a glamourised scout!”

Tadgh Mac Diarmaid - “Well, I'd say he knows more than just scouting, but yes, that would appear to be part of his job at the moment.”

Breno Gavião - “And so thrrrrre applicants from Sarrrrrzonia have been discussed, now we see if anyone else has applied?”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “Hey! You took the words right out of my mouth, I was about to ask that!”

Breno Gavião - “Of courrrrrse, it was the naturrrrral step in the converrrrrsation. Anyway I am thrrrrristy is therrrrre any drink herrrrre?”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “Aye, should be some beer in the canteen if it's still open. Oh good, he's going to look. Now then, let's have a look at the rest of the applicants. Carles, you have one I believe?”

Carles Fábregas i Casals - “Yes, a slightly different one. It has come from Harrya o Herrchaum, who is currently a deputy-coach for Bears Armed and manager and chief coach of their under-21 team and is very good at recognising players strengths and can apparently drink as well, if not better, than any Sortherner.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “A lot of admirable qualities, but she's a bear I understand?”

Carles Fábregas i Casals - “Indeed, Ursine from Clan Herrchaum, light brown fur, left-pawed.”

Fionntan Ó hEadroman - “Hmm, as I said, a lot of admirable qualities, but is this country ready for bears? I mean we're only just getting used to women playing football.”

Chris Marshall - “That was a mistake as well.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “You've made your thoughts on that known previously. If we could stick to the reason we're in this metting please.”

Breno Gavião - “Ah, that beerrrrr was verrrrry good. I am now rrrrrefrrrrreshed and rrrrready forrrrr the rrrrrest of this meeting!”

Emma McCarthy - “Excuse me Mr Ó hEardroman, your wife just phoned. She says she still can't find that bag of roasted peanuts. She's going to try looking behind the sofa.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Er, oh is she? Odd for them to disappear like that. Well, I'm sure she'll find them if she keeps looking, thank you Emma. Now them, let's get back to discussing the applicants to manage the Sorthern team, Chris, you have one from a Krytenian?”

Chris Marshall - “Yes, one Mr. Paul Mitchell. Er, Clayton even. Paul Clayton.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Ah, the Ousevale Borough manager? Piran, you should know him well.”

Piran Hean - “Yeah, suppose so. Just won his second O-League title with the club of course and has qualified for international competition every season he's been there. Obviously knows a bit about us Sorthern lads through me, Shawn and Hoëdicy, and from what I hear he'd be relatively cheap.”

Breno Gavião - “Is therrrrre interrrrrest in the cheap option? Money is tight at the SNFA perrrrrhaps?”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Okay, thanks for that Piran. And you have details of one more applicant Chris?”

Chris Marshall - “Yes, Mark McCafferty from Newmaninstan. Spent the majority of his career as an assistant to Nelson Yaschter and Jeremy McAllister and is now looking for the chance to step out of the shadow and into being manager himself. Has also managed Brighton Bulls and achieved reasonable success with them. Is very much a defence minded coach though so will be looking to make a big change in the way we play.”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “Ah, finally we have somehow to challenge Cinna for the job.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “I think the rest of us will take some convincing that Cinna would be our best option I'm afraid, Patrick.”

Patrick K'jahal O'Mahatendaransu - “Philistines, the lot of you.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Anyway, we're left then with just three more applicants that I have. They are all from Cafundéu as well, so perhaps with Breno here perhaps he can tell us about them?”

Breno Gavião - “Oh, I can do that, of courrrrrse.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Okay, first of all we have Benjamin Barbugli.”

Breno Gavião - “Ah, Barrrrrbugli. A one club man, managing for his whole carrrrreerrrrr with A.F.F. And winning the national title with them twice, as well as a numberrrrr of otherrrrr trrrrrophies. Has been assistant with Somewherrrrristonia forrrrr the last two cups as well.”

Chris Marshall - “Oh, the chance to nick those bastards assistant?”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Júlio Vargas is the next applicant.”

Breno Gavião - “Varrrrrgas, prrrrreviously managerrrrr of the Cafundéu team, twice taking them to the quarrrrrter-finals of the Worrrrrld Cup. The firrrrst time it was a success, the second time not so much. Has managed many clubs in the Cafundelense and won a numberrrrr of trrrrrophies, though mainly minorrrrr to medium ones.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “And finally, and I have to say this one is certainly an interesting one, Caio Meback.”

Breno Gavião - “Verrrrry interrrrresting indeed. A hugely successful managerrrrr, therrrrre are not many competitions he hasn't won in Cafundéu in his long carrrrreerrrrr. Also the only managerrrrr to have won a title with Cafundéu, winning Cup of Harrrrrmony twenty-seven. Has a rrrrrivalrrrrry with Franz Braddock, and so would be keen to help Sorrrrrtherrrrrn Norrrrrthland avenge the defeat to Sarrrrrzonia. He is also a verrrrry attacking manager, and verrrrry popularrrrr with his playerrrrrs. Makes surrrrre his playerrrrrs are comforrrrrtable on the ball as well and very much dislikes long balls. We thought we had seen the last of Caio Meback, but perrrrrhaps he still has morrrrre to prrrrrove?”

Carles Fábregas i Casals - “Well, he does sound like he has a lot of the things we are looking for, but what does Breno mean by we thought we had seen the last of Caio Meback?”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Well, his major flaw is his age, he is seventy-two and he'd be coming out of retirement to take the job. But he does tick so many of the boxes of what we want, no doubt if he was twenty years younger he would be absolutely ideal. Despite his age though I'd say he's my favourite for the job on what I've seen so far, but we have to make a decision as a group.”

Tadhg Mac Diarmaid - “Quite, but time has nearly run out for this meeting, we have discussed the candidates a bit, but surely we need to study them more before we make a choice.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Yes, Tadhg, you are quite right..”

Emma McCarthy - “Here are those files you asked me to put together Mr Ó hEardroman.”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Ah, thank you, Emma. Yes, as Tadhg said, we have not got the time to make a decision now, and we do not know enough to make so. I have had Emma put together files on each the careers and other details that may be useful of the applicants for each of you though. You should each take these and study them. We shall have another meeting again this time next week and discuss each of them further.”

Breno Gavião - “And so the SNFA have not rrrrreached a decision!..”

Fionntan Ó hEardroman - “Yes, we have. There's a decision that there's no decision yet. That's a decision.”

Breno Gavião - “But even so the searrrrrch for a new managerrrrr for the Sorrrrrtherrrrrn Norrrrrthland team goes on. How much longerrrrr will the Sorrrrrtherrrrrn public have to wait to find out who will be the new managerrrrr?”

Chris Marshall - “Oh, Margaret, does he always have to talk like that?”
Sorthern Northland wiki

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:34 pm

The Landsberg Charity Vase MD4 Results

Sorthern Northland 2 - 1 Septentrionia
Nethertopia 5 - 0 Somewhereistonia
Bostopia 2 - 0 Yafor 2

1 Nethertopia 4 3 0 1 11 4 7 9
2 Bostopia 4 3 0 1 8 3 5 9
3 Sorthern Northland 4 3 0 1 10 7 3 9
4 Somewhereistonia 4 1 1 2 6 10 -4 4
5 Septentrionia 4 1 0 3 2 8 -6 3
6 Yafor 2 4 0 1 3 1 6 -5 1
Last edited by Bostopia on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:09 pm

The Landsberg Charity Vase Matchday 5 Results

Yafor 2 0 - 3 Sorthern Northland
Somewhereistonia 0 - 2 Bostopia
Septentrionia 1 - 0 Nethertopia

1 Bostopia 5 4 0 1 10 3 7 12
2 Sorthern Northland 5 4 0 1 13 7 6 12
3 Nethertopia 5 3 0 2 11 5 6 9
4 Septentrionia 5 2 0 3 3 8 -5 6
5 Somewhereistonia 5 1 1 3 6 12 -6 4
6 Yafor 2 5 0 1 4 1 9 -8 1
Last edited by Bostopia on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:31 pm

The Landsberg Charity Vase III Matchday 6 Results

Sorthern Northland 4 - 1 Nethertopia
Somewhereistonia 1 - 4 Bostopia
Septentrionia 0 - 0 Yafor 2

1 Bostopia 6 5 0 1 14 4 10 15
2 Sorthern Northland 6 5 0 1 17 8 9 15
3 Nethertopia 6 3 0 3 12 9 3 9
4 Septentrionia 6 2 1 3 3 8 -5 7
5 Somewhereistonia 6 1 1 4 7 16 -9 4
6 Yafor 2 6 0 2 4 1 9 -8 2
Last edited by Bostopia on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:28 pm

The Landsberg Charity Vase Matchday 7 Results

Somewhereistonia 5 - 2 Sorthern Northland
Yafor 2 1 - 1 Septentrionia
Bostopia 4 - 1 Nethertopia

1 Bostopia 7 6 0 1 18 5 13 18
2 Sorthern Northland 7 5 0 2 19 13 6 15
3 Nethertopia 7 3 0 4 13 13 0 9
4 Septentrionia 7 2 2 3 4 9 -5 8
5 Somewhereistonia 7 2 1 4 12 18 -6 7
6 Yafor 2 7 0 3 4 2 10 -8 3

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Quick heads up - with the table situation as it is, I'm going to have Matchdays 9 and 10 scorinated by an outside party. If requested, I will also have Matchday 8 scorinated by an outside party.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Uí Mhordha praises character of squad following sabotage attempts

Sorthern Northland's chances of winning the Landsberg Charity Vase last night received a huge blow thanks to a 5-2 defeat away to a squad of Somewhereistonian geriatrics at the Spektakl-3-Arena in Qasarian. The defeat along with a 4-1 victory for Bostopia over Nethertopia leaves Sorthern Northland in second place, three points behind Bostopia with three matches to go, one of those crucially against Bostopia.

If Sorthern Northland are to not suffer a defeat to Bostopia that would surely be fatal to any title chances then they will be needing a better preparation for the game than they found in Somewhereistonia. Manager Caitríona Uí Mhordha was forced to name a starting eleven of walking wounded following an outbreak of food poisoning in the squad on the eve of the game. To add to the problems the players also had to overcome tiredness after the fire alarm in their hotel went off on four separate occasions overnight.

Despite the numerous factors working against them it was the Sortherners who made the brighter start to the game with Siobhan Ní hÓgáin opening the scoring from a free-kick eight minutes in after Eulàlia Marxuach was cynically hacked down by Vladimir Paposki on the edge of the box. That lead was then doubled in the twentieth minute by Hollyanne Burghfield, the Gernsback United striker getting the better of Andrus Lurich to turn home a Siobhan Ní hÓgáin cross.

There was to be controversy just minutes later however when Adeline Clonmel was savagely felled in the box by Kazim Grázdas. Despite getting absolutely none of the ball and most of Clonmel's right shin Grázdas rather than concede a penalty managed to win a goal-kick. The first-half continued with the Sorthern side on top, though wasting a number of chances. The closest they came to adding to their lead came just minutes before half-time. A combination of poor marking and a wild flap at the ball from goalkeeper Nikolai Baskovic allowed Aysel Dzhafarov the time and space to head a Ní hÓgáin header goalwards, and seemingly across the line before Andrus Lurich was able to hoof it clear. Neither the referee or his assistant though saw the ball cross the line and no goal was given.

The second half saw Somewhereistonia find a way back into the game as fatigue and tiredness took their toll on the Sorthern players. The first goal came ten minutes after the restart with Marek Oll comfortably slotting home from the penalty spot following a clumsy challenge by Beryan Keigwin on him. Oll again found himself on the score-sheet, just a few minutes later, this time controversially. Looking to get on the end of a slightly over-hit Povilas Drozdova cross, Oll extended his arm towards the ball diverting it past Sorthern goalkeeper Erin Green and into the goal. It wasn't long until Oll was again the centre of controversy, this time for another penalty. Having jinked his way past Faye Landry he took a heavy touch of the ball and with it running out of play collapsed to the ground in a heap. Having stayed on the floor long enough to suitably feign injury he was able to get back to his feet and show just how powerful a magic sponge can be. The Sortherners offered some fight-back with both Catríona Ní Bhranagáin and Catrina Erlegh having shots well saved by Baskovic in the Somewhereistonian goal. A well worked goal on the counter-attack from Czesław Keres with twenty-minutes remaining though saw an end to Sorthern hopes of getting anything out of the match. Siiri Eenpalu then added to Sorthern woes deep into injury-time with a finely struck free-kick.

Despite the heavy defeat however Sorthern manager Caitríona Uí Mhordha praised her players resilience saying, “We've had a tough time over here and to be frank it's not a place any of us will be particularly thrilled to be in if we ever have to come back. They set out to win and they were prepared to do that by any means necessary. I'm sure it's no coincidence that each and every member of the squad that had scampi for their meal in the hotel restaurant the night before the game woke up with food poisoning, and you don't expect a fire alarm to go off on it's own four times in one night when there's no trace of a fire. The chances were always going to be against us in the circumstances and did fantastically well and showed great resilience and character to be two up at half-time and could arguably have won it but for the referee. He had a bad game today, had he awarded the penalty we should've had or given us a goal when Aysel clearly headed it over the line then at three up I'd have fancied our chances of being able to hang on through the inevitable onslaught in the second-half. He was little better in the second-half either, one of the penalties shouldn't have been given, the other was debatable in my opinion, and he missed a clear handball for one of the goals. These things happen though and the tournament goes on regardless so we just have to put it behind us and get on with it. The Bostopia game is a massive one now, and that's our focus.”
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorthern Northland wiki

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:18 pm

The Vephrall Scorinated Landsberg Charity Vase III Matchday 8 Results

Sorthern Northland 3-0 Bostopia
Nethertopia 0-0 Yafor 2
Septentrionia 1-2 Somewhereistonia

1 Bostopia 8 6 0 2 18 8 10 18
2 Sorthern Northland 8 6 0 2 22 13 9 18
3 Nethertopia 8 3 1 4 13 13 0 10
4 Somewhereistonia 8 3 1 4 14 19 -5 10
5 Septentrionia 8 2 2 4 5 11 -6 8
6 Yafor 2 8 0 4 4 2 10 -8 4

There will be no scores tomorrow (Friday) as I will be up the pub and will not be around to judge any RPs posted.
Last edited by Bostopia on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sorthern Northland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorthern Northland » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Characters:

Jonathan Roebuck: Radio host
Kyle Young: Former Sorthern international turned pundit
Fionntan Ó hEadroman: SNFA chairman

SNTV Radio programme The Football Show following match against Bostopia

Roebuck: “A strong performance and a vital win then?”

Young: “Yeah, a very performance that Caitríona and her team can be very proud of. Bostopia are a very good team so any win over them is a good win. They are of course a young team though and there was a touch of naivety in some of their defending, which the Sorthern forwards were able to take full advantage of, Iþðlay Sihâbeddîn in particular by scoring a hat-trick. It was hugely important in terms of the competition as well. Had Bostopia won they'd have gone six points ahead and would've needed to utterly collapse in the remaining two matches to win it, but it remains open and it looks like it'll go right down to the wire in the last two matches.”

Roebuck: “The Landsberg Charity Vase though isn't the only football story hitting the headlines in this country at the moment. It's been several months since the World Cup and Eoin Ó Raghallaigh's sacking now but the SNFA still haven't appointed a new manager. To discuss this issue I'm delighted to welcome SNFA chairman Fionntan Ó hEadroman to the show.”

Ó hEadroman: “Very good to be here.”

Roebuck: “Fionntan, still no decision?”

Ó hEadroman: “Well there was a decision, Jonathan.”

Roebuck: “What decision?”

Ó hEadroman: “Well, the SNFA met in conclave last night, and...”

Roebuck: “Conclave? What's conclave?”

Ó hEadroman: “That's on the sly. With cones on our heads...”

Roebuck: *laughs *

Ó hEadroman: “...and a number of decisions were made. First of all there was a decision to confirm that no decision would be announced so that's progress in that that's two decision. There was also to re-meet for another meeting and finally the decision was made to conclude last night's decision forum, so that's three or four decisions altogether, so we believe there's been significant progress in the last twenty-four hours.”

Roebuck: “Fionntan, it's been nearly four months!”

Ó hEadroman: “The SNFA are not worried by that matter, Jonathan, and in fact it was noted by two board members in conclave that over that period the senior team are unbeaten, so...”

Roebuck: “...They've not played any games!”

Ó hEadroman: “Well that's not the remit of the conclave. We are unbeaten and if having a vacant managerial position and playing no games is what it takes then that's something that needs to be looked at with cones on our head and on the sly.”

Roebuck: “So no decision on looking to appoint a new a manager is likely to be forthcoming?”

Ó hEadroman: “W-w-well, a decision by the SNFA is due, we should know it in a week. Or two.”

Roebuck: “So we can take it you are looking to make an appointment soon? Who are you going to hire?”

Ó hEadroman: “The SNFA has a three man committee, and they're going to report back to me.”

Roebuck: “Who are you going to hire?”

Ó hEadroman: “Well let me say, the SNFA is well abled, there's an offer there on the table.”

Roebuck: “There's an offer on the table? Whose table?”

Ó hEadroman: “W-w-w-well, admittedly the table in the lobby of the SNFA offices at the James Connolly Stadium.”

Roebuck: “A table in the SNFA offices? What's it doing there?”

Ó hEadroman: “W-w-w-well, we've run out of stamps so we've not been able to post it yet.”

Roebuck: “It's not been posted because the SNFA's run out of stamps? Can ye not buy some new ones?”

Ó hEadroman: “W-w-well, the post office was closed.”

Roebuck: “So basically the offer hasn't been sent to it's intended recipient because the post office was closed?”

Ó hEadroman: “Pretty much, yep.”

Roebuck: “Well couldn't it be deliver personally, or by phone, or by e-mail?”

Ó hEadroman: “W-w-w-well, it could be done, but the tickets for the plane would be expensive and we don't know his phone number of e-mail address.”

Roebuck: “Well, on that bombshell it sounds like you've got things to be busy with, thanks for coming on the show, Fionntan.”
Last edited by Sorthern Northland on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorthern Northland wiki

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:57 pm

The Zwangzug Scorinated Landsberg Charity Vase III Matchday 9 Results

Septentrionia 3 - 0 Sorthern Northland
Somewhereistonia 1 - 2 Nethertopia
Yafor 2 2 - 3 Bostopia

1 Bostopia 9 7 0 2 21 10 11 21
2 Sorthern Northland 9 6 0 3 22 16 6 18
3 Nethertopia 9 4 1 4 15 14 1 13
4 Septentrionia 9 3 2 4 8 11 -3 11
5 Somewhereistonia 9 3 1 5 15 21 -6 10
6 Yafor 2 9 0 4 5 4 13 -9 4

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:50 pm

The Daehanjeiguk Scorinated Landsberg Charity Vase Matchday 10 Results

Sorthern Northland 3 - 0 Yafor 2
Bostopia 2 - 0 Somewhereistonia
Nethertopia 2 - 2 Septentrionia

1 Bostopia 10 8 0 2 23 10 13 24
2 Sorthern Northland 10 7 0 3 25 16 9 21
3 Nethertopia 10 4 2 4 17 16 1 14
4 Septentrionia 10 3 3 4 10 13 -3 12
5 Somewhereistonia 10 3 1 6 15 23 -8 10
6 Yafor 2 10 0 4 6 4 16 -12 4

Bostopia win the LCV for a third successive time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports