NATION

PASSWORD

The Fitzrovia Summit [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Akimonad
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2006
Ex-Nation

The Fitzrovia Summit [Closed]

Postby Akimonad » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 am

To: Azura, Stoklomolvi, Milograd, Santheres, Maltropia, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Salzland, Minnysota, Yohannes, Quendi, Lamoni

Sirs/Madams,

Your nations are hereby invited to send representatives to a summit of nations to discuss matters of increasing importance. The place for discussion shall be at the Government Hall in Fitzrovia. Fitzrovia is a distant Akimonadi Overseas Territory, far removed from the rest of the world. Transportation, lodgings, and security will be provided. If you wish to make your own security arrangements, please let us know.

Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Your humble servant,
Frederick Bremer,
Director for External Affairs

Government Hall, Fitzrovia, Deva Victrix, Akimonad

Frederick Bremer stood in the conference room, a vast, ornate hall. Several gilded chandeliers hung down from the ceiling above the monolithic wooden conference table below. Several chairs were arrayed around the table, with place settings, microphones, notebooks, writing instruments, and charging/networking ports at each chair. The center of the table was covered in a circular cloth depicting the starfield of the Akimonadi flag.

Bremer took a seat at the head of the table--his seat--and began thumbing through his notebook, which contained the agenda for the meeting. He was a bit concerned. The topics to be discussed were of considerable importance, to be sure, but he was not confident that the nations that had been invited would be able to find common ground. The invited nations represented a wide array of perspectives, and Akimonad had less-than-favourable relations with some of them.

Bremer poured himself a glass of water from a pitcher on the table and began to go over his notes, hoping that all would turn out well. The delegates, should they choose to come, would be arriving shortly.
Last edited by Akimonad on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Republic and Commonwealth of Akimonad
Located in Maredoratica · Demonym: Akimonadi

Embassies

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:23 pm

This was to be Tadhg Kinsella's first important assignment. Only recently had he been promoted from his position as an assistant to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and he had been sent to this summit - and with such well-known countries! He had spent the last week reading document upon document on the Anti-Communism Alliance in order to avoid looking ill-informed - the honour of the Royal Kingdom was at stake here, and he could not slip up

Maltropia was relatively young to the international stage, having spent most of its history up until the 20th century embroiled in constant regional wars which had helped solidify its monarchist and capitalist ideology. A strong concern for trade had earned a name for the nation as various major firms spread abroad and Maltropia involved itself in the confused Gholgothic economic crisis. Perhaps that was what had drawn Akimonad's attention to the idea of inviting Maltropia to these talks. The Royal Kingdom always did its utmost to be neutral, and was generally a fierce advocate of national sovereignty unless basic human rights were being compromised.

And here it was, an alliance intended almost exclusively for waging war against communism. While not an ideology Maltropia or its people would ever espouse, Kinsella - like most of his compatriots - believed it to be the right of the people to decide what system would govern them.

The diplomat's thoughts of politics and sovereignty rattled to a halt as he reached the door. Inside was - probably - the conference. He looked at his watch. Had he forgotten to reset it, or was he hopelessly late? Timidly, he pushed the door open and poked his head around it. Only a few men sat within, at a brilliantly arrayed table complete with Akimonadi flag and all sorts of equipment. It looked - it looked regal inside. Kinsella coughed politely to attract the man's attention.

"Er," he began, cautiously, "excuse me. This is the summit?" Oh great. He already looked a fool.
Last edited by Maltropia on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

We Built Our Firewall With Wet Bricks

Postby Milograd » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:24 am

"No. You're at a beach party in British Londonium," joked Jokorvik, without even cracking a slight smile. As Milograd's representative at the Fitzrovia Summit, he was, in his own mind, the elephant in the room - he was an obese, short, bleach-pale man from one of the most isolated and condemned nations on the planet, and he was speaking at a table with ambassadors from some of the most highly regarded nations of the international community. In the forty years since the dawn of dh'arconist rule in Atraeza, which was Milograd's continent in Gholgoth, Jokorvik was only the twenty-seventh public official to leave the country, and only the third to leave Gholgoth. He was still pushing papers in the monotonous halls of the Ghoritik Administrative Complex, which was an office building for "diplomats" of the nation that regularly refused to have diplomatic relations at all, when the Resource Initiative High Command informed him that he was going to the distant overseas territory of the Republic and Commonwealth. Needless to say, he dropped his stapler and dashed out of the complex in a hurry shortly afterwards.

Milograd seldom sent diplomats to other nations and was even less likely to accept an invitation to a summit of any sort in the event that it even received one, but the circumstances lingering over the Fitzrovia Summit made it an exception in the eyes of Dh'arco Rahavuhra Varrak. Akimonad had become an increasingly visible ideological enemy of the Anti-Communism Alliance throughout the dusk of 2012, and the fanatical members of the High Command were extremely uneasy about imperialist organizations such as the ACA threatening Milograd's isolation through their wanton warmongering and political power-playing. The leadership of Milograd had already been secretly considering reforming the Brimstone Pact, which had inspired the deaths of several prominent imperialist alliances in the early months of 2011, to deal with the ACA and alliances such as ICE before being contacted by the Akimonadi Division of External Affairs. When the Akimonadi and Milogradian governments established contact with each other, those plans halted for the time being, as working with the infamous Brimstone Pact to put an end to the ACA's dangerous existence was far riskier than working with a respected nation such as Akimonad, New Azura, or Santheres.

After mentally preparing his opening statements for the summit, Jokorvik turned his attention and eyes to Frederick and said, "I must admit that it was a bit of a hassle coming here from Milograd, and I have only prepared materials that relate to the fate of ACA, as that is what I believe we are going to discuss here today." Sweat from his brow rolled down his face - he hadn't yet adjusted to the temperatures of Akimonad, which were quite warm in comparison to what a Milogradian regularly experienced - and he leaned over to lower his microphone. It resisted at first, but after wrestling with it for several more seconds he managed to lower it to his suit his needs. He hawked and then continued. "Now, were this 2011, I think it would be fair to say that the Milogradian government would favor simply exterminating the Prussian population altogether, but unfortunately we now lack the resources necessary to do so and do not wish to bring that sort of negative attention to ourselves. In fact, we'd prefer it if our involvement here wasn't necessary at all, but sadly the imperialist threat to the long-term isolation and stability of Milograd has made our intervention here necessary."

He transferred his gaze from Frederick to the rest of the room and amplified his voice. "I realize that many of the nations that you represent would not approve of typical Milogradian methods of war, and as an alternative I would like to convey a more, as you might call it, 'reasonable' approach to handling the ACA." He let out a sigh of disappointment. "We can dispose of and exterminate the current government of Prussia-Steinbach by covertly sponsoring a coup d'état of the nation, and we can support a more isolationist replacement government." He shifted his gaze back towards Frederick and asked, "What do you think of this proposal?"
Last edited by Milograd on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Retired

Akimonad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:25 pm

"Yes, indeed, Mr. Kinsella, this is the summit. Please, take a seat. Anything to drink for you?" Bremer said to the Maltropian delegate, as a waiter stepped up.

Bremer then turned to the Milogradian delegate to listen to what he had to say.

"Interesting thought, Mr. Jokorvik. It is certainly one of many possibilities for dealing with the Prussians. I would be interested as to what everyone else thinks, but I could support it."

Embassies

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Catarina hadn't always been in Akimonad, but she had spent the last year as an ambassador's aide there, technically on holiday as far as she was concerned - a getaway from the domestic politics of Santheres that were always more involved than those in other nations. Akimonad was pleasant. Except Fitzrovia, which was some far-away little holding whose location she had only been vaguely aware of. There were just so many places to try to remember these days, and Santheres was large enough as is.

Arriving at the meeting, she was greeted with the same things as every meeting. A brief once-over of her things, a badge saying she belonged here, someone assuming that for some reason she might want a translator and apologizing profusely after she made it clear to them that they were idiots.

"So, Milogradians are here?" she asked an attending local, some employee of the Akimonadi government. "Wonder if they can pull their heads out of their asses long enough to hear a good idea."

The Akimonadi gave a short, obligatory chuckle and nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

Unimpressed by his humoring her, she waved him off when she reached the actual meeting room. There, the Maltropian diplomat, someone she didn't know or even actually recognize, made a clumsy introduction of himself and the Milogradian got immediately to business. Efficiency out of Milograd? Surprising.

She sat, and said, "Catarina de Leone, in case your dossiers suggested someone else." She was, physically, obviously Santherese - weren't they always - so there hadn't been much of a need to specify in case that wasn't certain otherwise. "I'm sure our last-minute change won't shake things up too badly." She cleared her throat and leaned forward to speak into the microphone, "And can I just add that I believe our leadership would disapprove of measures that are best described as 'extermination' no matter what level of vermin may be targeted."
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Akimonad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 pm

"I must also reinforce that point," Bremer said. "We cannot condone the slaughter of innocents, however brainwashed or misguided they may be. Their leadership, however, is a different case."

Bremer took a sip from his glass of water.

"I hope the other delegates show up in due course. By the by, is there any other nation that we may have neglected to invite that we should have considered? I'm sure if we dispatch invitations now they can join us in a manageable amount of time."

Embassies

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:54 am

Kinsella apprehensively moved towards his seat and sat down quietly. Political assassinations were not something generally done in Maltropia, yet the Akimonadi and Milogradian representatives spoke as though they were commonplace.

"If I might speak," he said into the pause, "I cannot say that Maltropia would be... approving of any sort of - what was it you said, Miss de Leone? - ah, extermination, of a political body. We would be willing to participate in some form of physical act, such as a blockade, but covert assassinations are not a thing we will ever condone." He looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing, "Of course, it does seem like a more plausible solution than a military engagement would be. I shall have to think about that one. As for who else to invite, I regret that Maltropia does not move much among diplomatic circles. That said, I cannot think of any nations which ought to be represented here, given how widely contrasting our ideologies appear to be already." He looked pointedly at Jokorvik.
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:37 am

"That's ludicrous," Jokorvik swiftly retorted, jumping to his feet from his chair. "Maltropia isn't obligated to condone the massacre of the Prussian government, but it definitely should due to the circumstances." He paused to scratch the back of his head and sharply glared around the room for several moments. "The ACA is evidently a problem to the nations that we all represent," he snarled, "and pussyfooting around the issue by organizing a blockade will solve nothing. Hell, it'll cause more trouble than it's worth."

It seemed as if the other diplomats were completely uninterested in doing what was necessary to end the ACA threat, and Jokorvik was already, mere minutes into the summit, considering prematurely flying back to Milograd. "Covertly slaughtering the Prussian government would also send a clear message to the entire world about the inevitable, terrible fate of fascist imperialists, and the blood wouldn't even be on our hands. If we played our cards right, we could even decide whose hands to soak for an extra gain."
Retired

Akimonad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:56 pm

"That's an interesting point of view," Bremer said, feeling the need to change the subject. "After some consultation with my staff, we have decided to invite the nations of Salzland and Minnysota to join us here. I hope that is alright with everyone else."

Embassies

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Moaning rung throughout the halls as the stunning female ambassador Gwen Korey screamed at the top of her lungs. A few minutes later, Korey and her gargantuan body guard emerged from a janitor's closet at the end of the hallway, no more than a football field away from the conference room. Walking forward, she adjusted her ruffled hair and fixed her blouse so that it once again concealed her firm, massive breasts. Her bodyguard, going by no more than Rod, gave her a quick spank on her luscious ass before entering the room.

The two took a seat and with no delay she "went to work" on Rod. Concealing the actions beneath the desk, she decided that her and Rod could have fun at her hand's future expense. Leaning forward, but still letting her hand act on its own, she declared her nation's opinion on the matter. "In the eyes of the Minnysotan government, the ACA is nothing more than a fascistic terrorist organization. Any thought of leftist movements or legislation seems to be a direct threat to their very existence, and we simply believe this isn't the..." She was briefly interrupted by Rod as he began to grunt. He let out a long moan and then Korey continued, her hand still at work. "Excuse Rod, he must be feeling odd. To continue my point, we believe that the ACA is a terrorist organization that must be ended. We don't advocate the extermination of their people, but their leadership and military structure must be obliterated."
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Akimonad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Bremer adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat. "Er, quite. I agree with what you've said, as I'm sure my Santheran counterpart does.

What a strange group the Minnysotans must be, he thought. At least it's almost time for dinner.

Embassies

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Catarina stared at them all for a moment, blankly, before coughing a couple of times. She drank from the glass of water that had been put out for the delegates, and waited for Bremer to speak. His response was short, so she offered her own. "Mr. Jokorvik, correct? I highly doubt that the ACA, and this particular Prussia itself in fact, aren't hydras. If you cut off their heads, they'll just regrow. Though, perhaps not two - that might be a blessing as they tear themselves apart."

"I mean, the biggest obstacle for me, at least, is the fact that none of these countries are a threat to the Noble Republic. Even combined, they'd crash helplessly against our shores, and that's even before considering that the Stoklomolvi would defend us in such a circumstance should we ask. We haven't had the will to go after young upstarts since the early years of ODECON. ACA leadership, alive or dead, probably wouldn't change much unless the successors were more extreme in their little beliefs."

She waved someone, presumably staff, over to refill her water glass, hoping a bit inside that what would come out would be rum instead. Though, if the proceedings didn't settle into a good groove, with everyone more or less able to contain themselves, she always had her flask. Zinairian rum, just in case.
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

"Well, whatever of how much a threat they may or may not be to Santheres, they don't do a whole lot of good for international stability as a whole," Kinsella commented, unable to stop staring at Korey. "Though Maltropia has only limited trade with a mere few of them, enough of our partners are connected to these extremists that their continued existence will cause plenty of harm to our trading prospects. While the communist nations towards which they seem so violently opposed generally aren't exactly major exporters, it does distort the balance of power far too much for our liking. There are enough military powers in that motley crew that together they pose a bit of a problem. I'm beginning to see some merit in Mister Jokorvik's ideas. Some," he added, hastily. Sitting on the fence could only get you so far in international diplomacy.

Akimonad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

"A bit of a problem for smaller nations, of course, but not for all of our nations, which is why we're here: to look out for the little guys. The ACA has shown its willingness to trample upon the sovereignty of any small nation that dares to not align with their interests. They are already showing this with their attack on Anglynova and, while I'm content to let Communists and Fascists bloody each other up a bit, I think this might be indicative of a larger trend where the fascist leadership in the ACA will attempt to brand moderate nations as Communists for the express purpose of conquering them. The ACA has not done a very good job in hiding its imperialistic ambitions. That, I believe, is why they must be dealt with."

Embassies

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Taking on a more serious tone, Gwen cleaned up from earlier and Rod took a defensive posture with the rest of the team a few rows behind the ambassador's seat. She cleared her voice, leaned forward, and spoke into the microphone.

"I must emphasize that President Jackson has officially labeled the Anti-Communist Alliance as a fascistic, state-sponsored terrorist organization. Although some nations, such as Transnapastain, retain prominent roles in the international community, we cannot endorse or even recognize the authority of an organization that we believe endorses fascist-like policies. Furthermore, the whole message of anti-communism is repulsive to Minnysota. Denying people the right to organize in favor of their political opinion, in this case communism, is an infringement on the freedom of speech and expression and, in cases of national expression of communism, an infringement on the sovereignty of nations."
Last edited by Minnysota on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: The Fitzrovia Summit

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Image Image

The morning sun was unbelievably high and its radiance sharply felt by the dignitaries standing all agog, awaiting the arrival of Her Majesty Garnet til Alexandros. While some eyes were of curiosity in nature, others were clearly displaying the perplexity felt upon the subject standing - it was of no secret that blue-blooded Yohannesians have always truly hated the thought of standing upon the open field, akin to a desperate flock perhaps, or even worse - petty commoners.

Her Majesty Garnet, of course, arguably knew this tradition of arrogance were widespread throughout her fair land. When her father entrusted the Crown of the nineteen Realms upon her hands, the first message which he voiced upon his deathbed was the need to scrutinise and carefully restrain the ever-heightening sense of inherent superiority which Yohannes' aristocratic members have traditionally shown toward those less fortunate in comparison to themselves by luck-at-birth. It was of no wonder that every morning Her Majesty would've ensured the obedience of her nobles through practises such as this for example, thought the Foreign Minister William Hamleigh.

And finally she arrived. The Queen of Alexandria and Empress of Yohannes, sovereign monarch of the nineteen countries. Her crown of royalty sharply portrayed her authority, her robe regally reflected her calm demeanour and posterior. The subject of their brief morning dialogue today would have been the recent creation of a pact known as the 'Fitzrovia Summit' by a long-standing friendly government to the nineteen Yohannesian countries.

Of course, Hamleight thoughtfully predicted already the course of action which Her Majesty would and must surely choose as a form of official reply to this latest news. While Akimonad surely has always been the bastion of light, liberty and justice that it would forever more be - too many would be at stake and well perhaps be too deep would be the risk for Her Majesty to abandon the nineteen countries' long period of neutrality in favour of a pact - though made it was by important nations such as Akimonad, Maltropia, Milograd, Minnysota, Salzland, Santheres and Stoklomolvi.

Now holding the letter designated as Her Majesty's reply, Hamleigh left the disturbing morning open field ritual and swiftly made his way to the Foreign Office. From thereon, the letter would have been automatically delivered to the friendly government of Akimonad in five hours' time.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:43 pm

"I might also add that diplomatic action is always the first priority when it comes to foreign affairs for Minnysota. This can be confirmed by the President himself; however, the involvement of the Black Plains, a slaver nation, as a quasi-mercenary nation has setback any wishes from President Jackson for talks with the ACA."

Salzland
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salzland » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Dear Director Bremer,

I am pleased to inform you that I will be personally attending your planned conference in Fitzrovia. I eagerly anticipate this event, and look forward to meeting with the representatives of the other invited nations.

Sincerely,

William Phillips
President of the Armed Republic of Salzland

Air Force One
En Route to Fitzrovia

"Please be aware that the 'Fasten Seatbelts' light is now lit. We anticipate receiving landing clearance in Fitzrovia in the next few moments, and expect arrival on the ground in roughly forty five minutes. We're approaching a brief patch of turbulence, but otherwise external conditions are quite pleasant."

"Nice to get out and see the world for a bit," President William Phillips said, stretching in his seat as the Captain finished her announcement. "It's been too long."

"That it has, Bill," replied Foreign Relations Minister Johnathon Marcus Davis. The invitation from the Akimonadi government to attend a conference presented a significant opportunity to reconnect with old friends, and meet new ones, after a long period of relative dormancy. The Armed Republic had busied itself with brush wars and swatting tyrannical flies, but lost touch with some of its closest allies in the process. It was hoped that this meeting would change things, and with the presence of the top two diplomatic representatives of the Republic, it was further hoped that all other attendents would understand how much importance the Salzlanders placed on this meeting.

"Hats off to the Akimonadi, they've certainly collected quite a group of movers and shakers. Whatever their agenda, I expect momentous things from this conference. And a bloody good party before the end of it."

"Fitzrovia Air Traffic Control, this is Salzland Air Force One, requesting landing instructions and permission to enter the pattern, over."

(OOC: If it's acceptable with everyone else, if I receive permission to land, I'd like to skip ahead to the conference. And Aki, thanks for the invite, badly needed a constructive RP after my last one)
The Armed Republic of Salzland (Citizen: Salzlander)
    Proud ODECON Member
    Dagora Doctrine Signatory
    CASTLE Accords Signatory
    Polaris Initiative Member
    Akiwealth Member

Embassies: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1134

Flag Courtesy Of Fictions
Risk Management Incorporated: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55886

And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, ODECON was born—to fight the foes no single nation could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then—for now, ODEVENGERS Assemble!

Retired Roleplaying Mentor

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:43 am

"Look," Catarina started, "I'm not saying that I don't want to help the struggling little guys against petulant upstarts. My heart goes out to them all, and if this particular Prussia ended up getting wiped off the face of the earth, I don't think I would even notice. But I am not my nation, so winning their support is a little tougher than these words."

"Of course, a classification as a terrorist organization would help. It helped against the Grand World Order; when they were finally, and might I add rightfully, classified as a land-holding terrorist organization, suddenly no one was worried about expenses or ethics or anything. The ACA is a little removed from public consciousness to simply say 'here's another terrible set of terrorists, hate them!" though. I mean, to put it simply, they're irrelevant to any of the important parts of the world."

She ignored the fact that they weren't irrelevant to Akimonad, being more interested in the actual point than the words with which she attempted to make it. It was true that, to her and anyone in Santheres, ACA members were by and large peripheral nations they had never heard of and which would be viewed as pathetic excuses for imperialists if a movement to villainize them was started at this juncture. More would be needed, something tangible; something real.

"I can throw around humanitarian aid all day to help the regimes marginalized and tormented by this group, of course, and to help anyone at this table. If my family couldn't manage it alone, the SHS would certainly answer the call. But at this moment, I would say that's the most I could promise with what's been laid before me. I will grant that the ACA should be dismantled on the grounds that its foundation is utterly ridiculous, but public perception requires me to ask for more justification."

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 am

The Imperial and Royal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Of the Kingdoms and Lands in Reichsrath Represented, the Lands of the Holy Hungarian Crown of Saint Stephen and the Lands of the Bohemian Crown of Saint Wenceslaus

To: The Divsion of External Affairs of the Republic and Commonwealth of Akimonad
Encryption Level: Ultra III

Dear Director Bremer,

The Imperial and Royal Monarchy, represented by myself, the the Imperial and Royal Minister for Foreign Affairs would be delighted to attend the planned conference in Fitzrovia. We would like to enquire what matters we should be expected to discuss.

Signed,
In Namen von Ihre Kaiserliche und Königlich Apostolische Majestät,
Maria Melanie I.;
Von Gottes Gnaden, heiliger römischer Kaiserin, zu allen Zeiten Mehrer des Reiches, erblicher Kaiserin von Österreich, Apostolicher Königin von Ungarn, Königin von Böhmen; Königin von Lombardei und Venedig; von Dalmatien, Kroatien, Slawonien, Galizien, Lodomerien und Illyrien; Königin von Jerusalem; Erzherzogin von Österreich; Großherzogin von Toskana und Krakau; Herzogin von Lothringen, von Salzburg, Steyer, Kärnten, Krain und der Bukowina; Großfürstin von Siebenbürgen, Markgräfin von Mähren; Herzogin von Ober- und Niederschlesien, von Modena, Parma, Piacenza und Guastalla, von Auschwitz und Zator, von Teschen, Friaul, Ragusa und Zara; Gefürsteter Gräfin von Habsburg und Tirol, von Kyburg, Görz und Gradisca; Fürstin von Trient und Brixen; Markgräfin von Ober- und Niederlausitz und in Istrien; Gräfin von Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg; Herrin von Triest, von Cattaro und auf der Windischen Mark; Großwojwodin der Wojwodschaft Serbien.

By
The Imperial and Royal Minister for Foreign Affairs and the Privy House-, Court-, and State-Chancellor for Foreign Affairs
Her Serene Highness Leonore Clementine Pauline Reichsfürstin von Metternich-Winneburg zu Beilstein

Fitzrovia - Current date

"Ladies and Gentlemen." The door softly creaked open as the Imperial and Royal Delegation passed through, some of them looking for a seat immediately, mainly those who had been airsick on the flight. Her Serene Highness Leonore Reichsfürstin von Metternich was different, having done her time with the Air Arm. She took to the word as she settled down, a crooked smile on her face as she recognized the topic of the day.
"With confidence in the Minnysotan Intelligence Service, the involvement of a slaver nation such as Black Plains negates any need from us to negotiate with the Anti-Communism-Alliance. Being an unfortunate signatory of the Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man, the Imperial and Royal Monarchy is automatically at war, declared or not, with all slavers known to us, and by extension, any and all entities allied with those who practice it. Id est, if the ACA is willingly and knowingly associating with a member of the former International Association of Slave Exporting Nations, then the Monarchy would be at war with them, as soon as they granted Black Plains de facto membership. The implications of this fact is clear, albeit repugnant. ACA's existence as an alliance cavorting with slavers would be impossible to accept..."
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Akimonad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:37 am

"This is Fitzrovia Air Traffic Control. You are cleared to land on runway Niner-R. Taxi to gate A5, and prepare to deplane expediently. A convoy is waiting to convey your party to the summit with haste."

Embassies

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:18 am

"Ah," said Kinsella, "that would certainly cast another light on it. We would gladly involve ourselves in something which would do harm to the heinous slave trade, and if dismantling the ACA would further that goal, you will have the cooperation of the Royal Kingdom and we will have what the entirety of the nation can only agree is a legitimate excuse for any action." He allowed himself a smile. "So, gentlemen, what shall it be?"

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm

The Lamonian delegation had received an invitation to the Fitzrovia Summit, and a delegation had come to Akimonadi territory in order to attend the Summit, but it appeared that the airport security guards wouldn't let them debark from their plane until word arrived from the Akidmonadi government, clearing them. What made the situation aggravating was that the Akimonadi government had been sent prior notice that the Lamonian delegation would be attending the summit, and that this would be the airport at which they would land before going to the location where the summit was being held.

As the person in charge of the Maredoratica desk of the Lamonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Leena Fitzroy spent the time reading the documents which had been rapidly put together for her reading before she had left the territory of the Free Republic. Having already tried to flash her diplomatic passport at the security guards had not worked, and the well proportioned, attractive redhead

fumed as she read more of the available information on the ACA, and why they were being perceived as a threat. The ACA's imperialistic invasion of Anglynova and the inclusion of several facist nations in their roster certainly were not making a case for befriending the ACA; indeed, it was doing the exact opposite. Then there was the matter of the ACA getting help from The Black Plains. The LIA had been keeping an eye on this nation for some time, and considered them a shady nation. The government of the Free Republic of Lamoni had officially declared The Black Plains as a slaver nation, and this already entitled Lamoni to declare war on them. But, if they could nab the ACA at the same time, then one could not argue with such a large prize, now could they? Especially when Lamoni was one of the largest military powers in the world. While the Free Republic's close alliance with the Lyran Protectorate already made Lamoni a respected military power, what most people tended to forget was that Lamoni had massive, well-trained and equipped military forces of their own. If the ACA wanted a war, then a lot of good personnel and firepower was present to stop them cold.

Now, if only the Akimonadi government could get word to the airport to allow the Lamonians out of their own aircraft!
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Akimonad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Akimonad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:23 pm

An important-looking man strode into the room and walked up to Bremer. "Some persons have arrived at the airport claiming to be the Lamonian delegation, but we didn't get word of their pending arrival," he whispered to Bremer.

Bremer turned to him and crooked his eyebrow. "So are they just sitting on the tarmac?"

"Yes sir," the man replied. "This is extremely high security, of course. We can't just allow them to strut around."

"Well, I happen to have, right here, a message from Lamoni, stating that their delegation would be arriving right about now. I was quite concerned that they hadn't arrived yet. But now that they apparently have, I would suggest you let them make their way over here." Bremer handed the man the paper. He read it quickly, and turned red with embarrassment. "There seems to have been some miscommunication," he said to Bremer.

"Indeed, and to prevent more, I would suggest you bring the Lamonian delegation here with all due speed. And send them some chocolates and champagne. This is bloody embarrassing. Get it sorted."

Bremer dismissed the man with a flick of his hand. The man quickly left the room. Within seconds, the airport had been radioed, and ordered to allow the Lamonian delegation to deplane.

Embassies

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Eventually, the Lamonian delegation had been allowed to deplane, and it looked like their Akimonadi hosts were waiting there with several diplomatic vehicles, as well as chocolates and champagne. Somewhat mollified for the moment, Leena and her delegation were taken to the meeting hall, where she found herself being seated across from an attractive Minnysotan woman. Pretending that she didn't notice this, Leena listened in as the others spoke, most of the nations gathered here familiar in one way or other to the Lamonian government.

Finally, Leena was able to get a word in edgewise after their arrival seemed to have quieted people for a moment. "As I understand the situation, the ACA is being given protection from The Black Plains. Unfortunately, the government of Lamoni has been keeping an eye on them, and we do not like what we have seen. Whether they are a nation or not, they have been classified as a slaver nation by the Lamonian government, and are thus a legitimate military target in our eyes. Given the co-operation which the ACA seems to be providing The Black Plains, this also makes the ACA nations legitimate military targets. If the participants of this Summit agree to military action, we would be well placed to strike, as we are part of the Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man, along with the honorable delegation from Austria-Bohemia-Hungary. This means that we have made it a priority to root out those who practice slavery, as well as those who attempt to protect slavers, and others who attempt to help them, and their dehumanizing trade.

While this is not the only reason for which we oppose the ACA, it does make them easier to oppose, and does give the nations represented here an easier justification for war, should we choose to use that option."
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents