NATION

PASSWORD

What? Time for ANOTHER Eternal Thread Already?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Homosexy wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:The hell are you on about?
Are you one of those twits who thinks you can be biologically male and psychologically female? Because that's utter tripe and anyone who believes it is some deranged fool.

Of course you can... You can be born a male but feel like you're a girl, and therefore act and dress like one. I don't see anything wrong about that.

The key thing here is "feel like". I can feel like I'm a goddamned fish but that doesn't make the concept of species irrelevant.
"Conscious of my own weakness, I can only seek fervently the guidance of the Ruler of the Universe, and, relying on His all-powerful aid, do my best to restore Union and peace to a suffering people, and to establish and guard their liberties and rights." - George B. McClellan

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Oh... I hope that Stephistan opens the next Eternal Thread. Or Sirroco.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Tiami wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Seriously, just because I WRITE IN CAPS does not mean that it's the end of the world, or that I'm actually yelling. And you are only trying to make me mad. Don't be a jerk. Please.

Esternial isn't being a jerk, just stating a relevant fact. This thread isn't the world.

Did I say such a thing? No. Your name is Tiami. I'm just stating a fact. You never posted that, but I'm just stating a fact.

I never said that this thread is the world. Whoever thinks that is insane.
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm

West Vandengaarde wrote:
New England and The Maritimes wrote:
No, they aren't. There are plenty of women with penises and men with vaginas. Males and females are different, but that has fuckall to do with these social roles we thrust on people based on their genitals.

The hell are you on about?
Are you one of those twits who thinks you can be biologically male and psychologically female? Because that's utter tripe and anyone who believes it is some deranged fool.

;_;
<NO PROBLEM IS INSOLUBLE IN ALL CONCEIVABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.> - Cosmic AC

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Esternial wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Seriously, just because I WRITE IN CAPS does not mean that it's the end of the world, or that I'm actually yelling. And you are only trying to make me mad. Don't be a jerk. Please.

Then why write in caps at all?

Drama effect. Not very cool, eh? Can you do better?
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Yoite wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:*sigh* I think I'm going on a depressing spiral. I should leave before this thread becomes more morbid because of me. Or at the very least, I should shut up about myself and speak in hypothetical, like I often do.

You need hug? :hug:

I need to get away from the world in general. Of course, I can't.

Halting this discussion lest it becomes morbid. It's unfair to everyone else.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:13 pm

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Homosexy wrote:Of course you can... You can be born a male but feel like you're a girl, and therefore act and dress like one. I don't see anything wrong about that.

The key thing here is "feel like". I can feel like I'm a goddamned fish but that doesn't make the concept of species irrelevant.

Men and women are social-psychological roles that are arbitrarily defined and enforced ruthlessly by people too ignorant to know better. Male and female, sex, is what you're thinking about, which has absolutely nothing to do with gender.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:13 pm

West Vandengaarde wrote:
I don't like the idea of gender. It seems so... stupid. We could have based gender on knock knees or finger length and had it be just as valid a concept.

That's probably the most unscientific and lame thing I've ever heard.
How the hell can you think gender is pointless when there are clear psychological and physical differences between males and females? Are you some new-age pretentious fool who sees Pollock paintings as revelations and guides to the path of humanity?

Well, it is Nemmy...

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Noobubersland wrote:No, because unlike the difference races men and women are structurally different

No, they aren't. There are plenty of women with penises and men with vaginas. Males and females are different, but that has fuckall to do with these social roles we thrust on people based on their genitals.

Male and female were used to describe penises and vaginas, my good friend.

Whether you 'see' yourself as a male or female is just because you are limited by your views on sexes. Determining you as a woman while having male genitals is - in my book - utter bollocks. You're a person with male genitals, male or female doesn't apply on how you view yourself.

But if you say I'm a female in a male body, then you're limiting yourself by using those social roles you seem to hate.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:13 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Tiami wrote:Esternial isn't being a jerk, just stating a relevant fact. This thread isn't the world.

Did I say such a thing? No. Your name is Tiami. I'm just stating a fact. You never posted that, but I'm just stating a fact.

What is underlined is completely irrelevant. And to mention, my name is Chris. ;)
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

West Vandengaarde wrote:The key thing here is "feel like". I can feel like I'm a goddamned fish but that doesn't make the concept of species irrelevant.

Men and women are social-psychological roles that are arbitrarily defined and enforced ruthlessly by people too ignorant to know better. Male and female, sex, is what you're thinking about, which has absolutely nothing to do with gender.

No, they're not. You're simply deranged and detaches from reality. Women and men are distinct things here. Address my post instead of continuing to post your nonsense.
"Conscious of my own weakness, I can only seek fervently the guidance of the Ruler of the Universe, and, relying on His all-powerful aid, do my best to restore Union and peace to a suffering people, and to establish and guard their liberties and rights." - George B. McClellan

Noobubersland
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Noobubersland » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Noobubersland wrote:Are you still drunk?

Nope. Sober as a judge.

Ah, well then people can think that they're of another gender, but until they go about gender-reassignment surgery they won't actually be that gender
Grand-Duc de Languedoc, Under Roi J&D I

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Esternial wrote:Then why write in caps at all?

Drama effect. Not very cool, eh? Can you do better?

Why bother with drama at all, this forum is saturated with it already.

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Tiami wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Did I say such a thing? No. Your name is Tiami. I'm just stating a fact. You never posted that, but I'm just stating a fact.

What is underlined is completely irrelevant. And to mention, my name is Chris. ;)

It was an example, I was referring to your nation name, and thanks for overlooking everything except the least important part of the post.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Esternial wrote:

Male and female were used to describe penises and vaginas, my good friend.

Whether you 'see' yourself as a male or female is just because you are limited by your views on sexes. Determining you as a woman while having male genitals is - in my book - utter bollocks. You're a person with male genitals, male or female doesn't apply on how you view yourself.

But if you say I'm a female in a male body, then you're limiting yourself by using those social roles you seem to hate.

I agree. I don't like gender, hence I don't use it. Other people, if they would prefer to be referred to as a man or a woman, I will use the words they want me to. Everyone is a person to me, though.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos

Yuktova
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuktova » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Has anyone else notice that politicians are extremely vague in their debates and speechs?
I'm Morrissey... Nice to meet you.
Goldsaver said: This is murder, not a romantic date!

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Esternial wrote:
HorusLand wrote:Drama effect. Not very cool, eh? Can you do better?

Why bother with drama at all, this forum is saturated with it already.

Didn't notice any drama until now.

Yoite
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yoite » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Yoite wrote:Ugh, so much work, I meant lies--> "and people in the real world don't want to deal with the mess that I am"

They don't.

Oh....well those people don't have any idea what they are talking about....any idea whatsoever...they're mean. :hug:
<NO PROBLEM IS INSOLUBLE IN ALL CONCEIVABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.> - Cosmic AC

Homosexy
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homosexy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Everybody needs to chill before I throw weed at them or something.
Hii!! My name is Shellby. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, that is me in my flag. :)
There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way. No day but today.
Love and expression, not hate and oppression!!~

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Noobubersland wrote:

Nope. Sober as a judge.

Ah, well then people can think that they're of another gender, but until they go about gender-reassignment surgery they won't actually be that gender

No. Gender is not sex. You're thinking of biological sex, not gender. Completely different things.

Also, Bonobos

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Esternial wrote:Male and female were used to describe penises and vaginas, my good friend.

I agree. I don't like gender, hence I don't use it. Other people, if they would prefer to be referred to as a man or a woman, I will use the words they want me to. Everyone is a person to me, though.

Indeed, but if you show me your wiener, I will refer to your sex as male on my chart and make you pee in that plastic cup.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

HorusLand wrote:
Tiami wrote:

It was an example, I was referring to your nation name, and thanks for overlooking everything except the least important part of the post.

Oh, I didn't overlook. There was no need to reply. ;)
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Homosexy wrote:Everybody needs to chill before I throw weed at them or something.

I cant smoke it though... *sad face*

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Homosexy wrote:Everybody needs to chill before I throw weed at them or something.

I only know one person who isn't chill right now.

Also, Bonobos

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Esternial wrote:Male and female were used to describe penises and vaginas, my good friend.

And if I see myself as a goldfish? Species are just a social construct set by reality because mentally I might not be human; and what is human but a social label?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives