NATION

PASSWORD

World Korfball Classic IV - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Ingla Terra
Attaché

Founded: Aug 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

World Korfball Classic IV - Everything Thread

Postby Ingla Terra » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 am

FOURTH EDITION
Ingla Terra

Welcome to the fourth edition of the World Korfball Classic in the United Kingdom of Ingla Terra. Sixteen teams representing their nations have come to the United Kingdom for one goal - walk away with the Korfball title in their grasps. There will be only one that will win this edition, who will it be?

Past Champions
WKC 3 (hosted by Free Republics) - Some Village
WKC 2 (hosted by Vaugania) - Saintland
WKC 1 (hosted by Shadowbourne) - The Babbage Islands

Schedule
Scorination time is 1300H (1:00 PM) Philippine Standard Time, UTC + 8. Should scorination be needed to be earlier, a notification in this thread shall be posted 24 hours prior to the early scorination time. Any changes to the schedule sha;; be notified by the hosts as soon as possible.
27 Sep (Fri) - Group Draw
29 Sep (Sun) - Matchday 1
30 Sep (Mon) - Matchday 2
1 Oct (Tue) - Matchday 3
2 Oct (Wed) - Matchday 4
3 Oct (Thu) - Matchday 5
4 Oct (Fri) - Matchday 6
5 Oct (Sat) - No scorination
6 Oct (Sun) - Quarterfinals
7 Oct (Mon) - Semifinals Game 1
8 Oct (Tue) - Semifinals Game 2
9 Oct (Wed) - Semifinals Game 3*
10 Oct (Thu) - Finals/Third Place Series Game 1
11 Oct (Fri) - Finals/Third Place Series Game 2
12 Oct (Sat) - Finals/Third Place Series Game 3
13 Oct (Sun) - Finals Game 4*
14 Oct (Mon) - Finals Game 5*
* - if necessary

You may now start posting your roster here. If possible, for your opponent to be guided in roleplaying the matches, you should include a RP permissions box, like this:
Code: Select all
[box][i]My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:[/i]
[b]Choose My Scorers[/b]: Yes/No
[b]Godmod Scoring Events[/b]: Yes/No
[b]RP Injuries to My Players[/b]: Yes/No
[b]Godmod Injuries to My Players[/b]: Yes/No
[b]Eject/send off My Players[/b]: Yes/No
[b]Godmod Other Events[/b]: Yes/No[/box]

Shadowbourne
San Jose Guayabal
Feministvs Sanctvsterra
Ingla Terra
New Sideburn
Some Village
-San Andreas
The Serbian Empire
Ancharmunn
Nova Pruthenia
The Licentian Isles
Kriegiersien
Windport
Levivania
Callumackbar
Patistan

Groups
Group A
Ingla Terra (UR)
Shadowbourne (6)
The Licentian Isles (UR)
Patistan (UR)

Group B
Some Village (3)
San Jose Guayabal (UR)
-San Andreas (UR)
Callumackbar (UR)

Group C
New Sideburn (1)
Kriegiersien (5)
Ancharmunn (UR)
Windport (UR)

Group D
Feministvs Sanctvsterra (2)
The Serbian Empire (4)
Nova Pruthenia (UR)
Levivania (UR)

Should you have any OOC inquiries, direct them to the OOC/discussion thread. Any OOC post shall be treated as an in-character RP.

Other important links
Bid | Wikipedia's article on korfball | Guide to Sports Roleplaying
Last edited by Ingla Terra on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH OF INGLA TERRA
Region: Esportiva | Demonym: Inglan | Capital: Shiefield | Trigramme: ITR | Population 10,000,000
Puppet of The Royal Barangay

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:03 am

The United Kingdom of Ingla Terra
National Information

Overview
The United Kingdom of Ingla Terra is a fledging nation in northeastern Esquarium. It is made up of the the mainland, which is bounded by a body of water and the Freedom Island at the north of the mainland.The nation is bounded by Itano at the south, Darussalam at the southwest, and Gaveo at the east.

The nation is divided into eight administrative regions, and the capital city of Shiefield, which is located at the northeast of the nation, directly south of Freedom Island.

People
The demonym for the people of Ingla Terra are Inglaterran, or locally known as Inglan. These Inglans are a mixture of English and Filipino customs and cultures, which languages are the official languages in the nation. Since one of the official languages is a universal language, foreigners can easily understand what Inglans say. Should any foreigner cannot understand English, an interpreter may be brought by Ingla Terra that will be given an allowance equivalent to the number of days s/he served. The height of the Inglans are usually on the range of 5 to 6 footers. 7 footers are rare in the nation.

Government
The government of Ingla Terra is led by a dictator, with emphasis on the economy. Citizens enjoy an average treatment from the government, but they should follow the dictator's orders. Any movement that are against the government's ideals shall have their life made miserable, but not to the point of extrajudicial killings.

Foreigners will be handed handbooks on the laws of the Inglan government. This is a thirty-leaved book on how to follow Ingla Terra's regulation on foreigners. The most particular laws that are emphasized are:
  • Foreigners should not question the running of the government. Violation of this will result to immediate deportation.
  • Causing harm to Inglans, except when provoked, is prohibited. The penalty is also an immediate deportation.
  • There is a curfew of 10 PM, on which all establishments should close thirty minutes before the curfew and no more people should be outside their registered lodging or any house after the curfew. Penalty ranges from fines to imprisonment.
Besides these, more that are in the book, so please read the book. (OOC: Anyone can add to these laws above by inventing them in your RP's.)

Economy
The currency of Ingla Terra is the Pound. It's current equivalent to NS Dollars can be found here, With $1 = 2.1 Inglan Pound, one can rent a hotel for 40 pounds at the average. Food per person can range from 2 to 12 pounds, with the most expensive ones at around 20 pounds.

Accommodation
Hotel accommodation will be subsidized by the Inglan government, 75 percent to be exact. The remaining 25 percent may be paid by the team before their check-out at the end of the tournament. Teams may opt to check-out early after their exit in the tournament if they want to.

The City of Shiefield
Shiefield is the capital and city center of Ingla Terra. It is located in the northeast part of the nation, with a ferry ride from Freedom Island directly north, where the international airport is located. It is a city with a coastal line, meaning that fishing is one of the main source of income of most people in the city. Corporations in the city is heavily regulated to avoid pollution in the waters of the city.

Shiefield has four football teams: Shiefield City, Shiefield Wanderers, AFC Shiefield and Shiefield Coastal, all of which play at the top tier of Inglan football. It is also home of cricket teams Shiefield Cricket and Shiefield Swingers. The cricket teams play in Trinity Stadium in Shiefield, while the football teams play at the Shiefield City Stadium and the Archangel Stadium, which is not included in the hosting venues.

The National Cricket Ground and the Inglaterran National Stadium/Inglan National Stadium are the home for the national teams of Cricket and Football respectively.

National Cricket Ground
Capacity: 50000
Tenants: Inglan National Cricket Team
The Sports Federation of Ingla Terra made arrangements with the Inglan Cricket Federation with regards to the use of the stadium for the WKC. This is an oval shaped stadium with a dome seating configuration. However, the viewing at the top sections of the stadium seemed to get negative reviews from Inglan sites due to the way it is built. Only the lower half of the seats will be opened to spectators. Everyone is free to attend the games, due to large government support, but anyone can donate money for the maintenance of the stadium, which is not funded by the government.

The stadium is located near the Shiefield Port (North), for convenience of the visiting cricket teams. The field will be converted back to cricket configuration after the WKC for the hosting by the cricket team of the Tasrailian side.

Shiefield City Stadium
Capacity: 10000
Tenants: Shiefield City, AFC Shiefield
A relatively small stadium for a large city, the Shiefield City Stadium is located at the heart of the city, near government, business and commercial establishments, so teams that will play in the stadium may travel to the stadium two hours before the game, as traffic problems is yet to be solved in the populous central area.

Inglaterran National Stadium (Inglan National Stadium)
Capacity: 25000
Tenants: Inglan National Football Team
A modest stadium in Inglan standards, but have the capability for expansion, depending on the success of the football team, which may not be immediate. The ambience of the stadium is intimidating, according to the national team itself. This is because noise is amplified inside the rectangular stadium, which disturbs many players and fans alike. Fortunatelty, smaller crowds may be expected in this stadium, particularly the fact that Ingla Terra will not play there. Located at the western borough, near the Crottenham-Shiefield border.

Trinity Stadium
Capacity: 8200
Tenants: Shiefield Cricket, Shiefield Swingers
A small stadium at the southeast. Ideal for community football matches, the stadium is almost circular in shape, giving reserve batters a chance to practice runs at the stadium while a test is in session (some parts of the field are not included in the field of play). There are free servings of Adobo during lunchtime provided by the catering in the stadium (probably due to the poor reception and review of the food served).
Last edited by Ingla Terra on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Region: Esportiva | Demonym: Inglan | Capital: Shiefield | Trigramme: ITR | Population 10,000,000

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:04 am

Groups

Group A
Ingla Terra (UR)
Shadowbourne (6)
The Licentian Isles (UR)
Patistan (UR)

Group B
Some Village (3)
San Jose Guayabal (UR)
-San Andreas (UR)
Callumackbar (UR)

Group C
New Sideburn (1)
Kriegiersien (5)
Ancharmunn (UR)
Windport (UR)

Group D
The Serbian Empire (4)
Nova Pruthenia (UR)
Levivania (UR)

Schedule
All matches will be held in the city of Shiefield, unless noted. First match will start at 1:00 PM, second match will start at 3:00 PM. All timings posted here are IC.

Matchday 1. 1 v 4, 2 v 3
Matchday 2. 4 v 3, 1 v 2
Matchday 3. 2 v 4, 3 v 1
Matchday 4. 4 v 1, 3 v 2
Matchday 5. 3 v 4, 2 v 1
Matchday 6. 4 v 2, 1 v 3

Pot 1
Ingla Terra (UR)
New Sideburn (1)
Some Village (3)

Pot 2
The Serbian Empire (4)
Kriegiersien (5)
Shadowbourne (6)
San Jose Guayabal (UR)

Pot 3
-San Andreas (UR)
Ancharmunn (UR)
Nova Pruthenia (UR)
The Licentian Isles (UR)

Pot 4
Windport (UR)
Levivania (UR)
Callumackbar (UR)
Patistan (UR)
Last edited by Ingla Terra on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Feministvs Sanctvsterra
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feministvs Sanctvsterra » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Feministvs Sanctvsterra presents:

The "Saintland" National Korfball Team
World Korfball Classic II Champions

Captain: Agrippina
Colors: Pink and White

Starting Lineup

F-ATT #1 Agrippina
F-ATT #2 Catharina
M-ATT #99 Matthaeus
M-ATT #98 Marcus
F-DEF #3 Maria
F-DEF #4 Martha
M-DEF #97 Lucas
M-DEF #96 Ioannes

Reserves

F-ATT #5 Elizabetha
M-ATT #95 Petrus
F-DEF #6 Iulietta
M-DEF #94 Paulus

Notes

Korfball is banned in the Kingdom of Saintland because it is a sport played by mixed-gender teams. The organization Feministvs Sanctvsterra is a banned organization in Saintland that seeks gender equality and separation of church and state. They are internationally renowned for their protests in numerous nations against the Government of King Paulus XV and the Church of Saintland. The players on the team will not be using their last names to protect their identities. These may or may not be their real first names, but these the same names they went by at the 2nd World Korfball Classic. Feministvs Sanctvsterra was driven underground into a compound in a remote area of Saintland and they took up the sport of korfball because it is an egalitarian sport that reflects their ideals. These 12 players were the best players, so they were chosen to enter the World Korfball Classic. They won the 2nd World Korfball Classic, defeating New Sideburn in the finals. At the 3rd World Korfball Classic, they were defeated by New Sideburn in the semi-finals before defeating Kriegiersien for 3rd place. Feministvs Sanctvsterra was thought to be an all-female organization by most people in Saintland, including the authorities, but males actually make up around 10% of their membership (most of them sympathetic brothers of female members) and this became widely known after the second World Korfball Classic. There are multiple sibling combinations on the team, although they have yet to be identified as such.

RP Permissions

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following...
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes (TG me first, preferably Saintland)
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
Godmod Other Events: Yes
OOC: Puppet of Saintland
IC: Not actually a nation. Feministvs Sanctvsterra is a feminist organization that is banned in Saintland. They are against the King's Government and Church of Saintland and are widely known for their provocative protests and their habit of entering sports events to promote their cause.

Windport
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Windport » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:01 am

Windport National Korfball Team

Starters
F-ATT/12/J. Pearson
F-ATT/27/M. Hunter
F-DEF/8/K. Rota
F-DEF/24/J. Reynolds
M-ATT/2/S. Lawson
M-ATT/20/J. White/Captain
M-DEF/10/M. Shaw
M-DEF/31/J.P. Pierre

Reserves
F-ATT/16/L. Ray
F-DEF/5/M. Davis
M-ATT/3/Q. Bradshaw
M-DEF/29/S. Fields

RP Permissions
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes (TG First)
Eject/send off My Players: No
Last edited by Windport on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---Senator Alexander X. Winpo---
---Proud Member of the New Democrats
---

ALL ACTIVITY HAS MOVED TO THE NATION OF WINOVIA. PLEASE CARRY ON ALL RELATIONS WITH THAT NATION.

THIS ACCOUNT IS FOR NSG SENATE ONLY SO DON'T TG ME ABOUT RP OR GAMEPLAY

Some Village
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Some Village » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:02 am

"Bloody hell."
"What's up, An?"

Prochoros tried not to smile too much, noticing how his team captain tried to juggle with in his one hand his first-born son and in his other one a bunch of papers.

"The admission for the Fourth World Korfball Classic is in."
"That's good news, not?"
"We have to put in a team sheet by tomorrow. A full team sheet."
"Still ain't seeing the problem."

Prochoros already had an idea what was bothering Ananias, but he felt as if bringing it up himself might lead to him being asked to give a solution as well.

"It's Kezia," Ananias sighed. "I always thought that football-thing was just a joke, but it seems as she ain't coming back from Ark. Apparently she has become some sort of hero for the commons over there."
"But, ain't the season over already?"
"Sure... But they've given her the crimson boot."

For a few seconds, Prochoros nodded, until he realised that he didn't have a clue.

"And what does that mean?"
"No idea, but it doesn't sound like she'll be back to play something non-boot-related."
"Auwtch."
"And we also have to replace Yotam and Appolonia."
"Why?"
"Yotam says he's gotten to old for this sort of silly game..."
"Game? We're bloody world champion!"
"... and Appo is pretty pregnant. We're already known internationally as a bunch of nutcases, we're not going to make it worse by bringing a woman nearly going into labour on the field. If we're not getting together some new players, New Sideburn and Feministvs Sanctvsterra are going to slaughter us."
"We're not meeting them in the first round, for what it's wo..."
"Oh and we're happy with just reaching the last eight, are we!" Ananias fulminated. "It's already worse enough that the SomeFish-plan from the last WKC isn't turning out as expected. I think we might finally find our Islas Fortunatos near Ingla Terra, but we need to qualify for the finals and stuff. It's the only way to get enough time, if we're not competing they'll kick us out of the country claiming we're hobos..."
"We are, in a way..."
"I don't care! To hang around over there long enough, we need twelve capable players!"

Prochoros scratched his beard.

"Someone already agreed to fill in?"
"I've got a few ideas..."

Roster

Attacking four:
11. Mikhael(16), son of Pontius and Tamar
05. Talitha(18), daughter of Tekoa and Claudia
16. Ananias (25), son of Zedekiah and Martha ©
03. Yiskah (27), daughter of Petros

Defending four:
12. Prochoros (28), son of Erastos and Edna
06. Basmath (23), daughter of Erastos and Edna
13. Yehoshua (24), son of Timothei and Tabitha
04. Marah (21), daughter of Tekoa and Claudia

Reserves:
14. Moshe (20), son of Erastos and Edna
01. Moriah (16), daughter of Enosh and Vashti
15. Jason (27), son of Cenan and Salome
02. Talma (29), daughter of Cephas and Priscilla

Team Info

Colours: red shirt, white shorts, blue socks
Home stadium: on board of the Some Village, the ship which constitutes our nation. We can only hope for you that we don’t play on a stormy day. We’ll play indoor (below deck, more correctly) but the ship might get shaky. Capacity is somewhere around a hundred people, as the korfball ground is actually the dining room. It’s just large enough for the field and one row of benches at each side. Balls going high up in the air might constitute a problem, the ceiling is notoriously low.
Some Village?: Some Village is the name of the boat where the 231 inhabitants of my nation constantly reside. They are the descendants of a group of people who left Judea after king Herod took his reign in 40 B.C.-ish. Throughout the past five centuries, they have been roaming around the western coasts of the known world, attempting to settle in places such as Mauritania, Scilly, Alderney, Frisia and the Faeroer Islands. For more info, click my flag on the left-hand side and check my factbook. Currently, we are 460 A.D. and once again, they had to flee and live in an Ark. Following an ancient prophecy, they are on the lookout for the mythical Islas Fortunas. Despite and because of that, they must interact with the outside world, trying to gather resources and information. Over the years in this multiverse, they've grown more familiar with modern times, thanks to their positive relation with Astyrian nation Neu Engollon. Nonetheless, they still struggle to fit in completely and keep their nomadic lifestyle.

RP Box

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following...
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes (but nothing grave)
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes (but nothing grave)
Godmod Other Events: Yes (but within certain limits)
Cycling: host of the Island Tours & the WToC
Rugby: participant in the AVRU & host RWC XXI
Swamp Soccer: fourth place in the last World Championship
Korfball: victor of the World Korfball Classic III, second of the WKC IV (KPB: 2th)
Olympics: medals: four. Not too bad for a micronation.

Member of Astyria
Confirmed Puppet: Buyan
Population: 254

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Group Draw

Group A
Ingla Terra (UR)
Shadowbourne (6)
The Licentian Isles (UR)
Patistan (UR)

Group B
Some Village (3)
San Jose Guayabal (UR)
-San Andreas (UR)
Callumackbar (UR)

Group C
New Sideburn (1)
Kriegiersien (5)
Ancharmunn (UR)
Windport (UR)

Group D
The Serbian Empire (4)
Nova Pruthenia (UR)
Levivania (UR)

Schedule
All matches will be held in the city of Shiefield, unless noted. First match will start at 1:00 PM, second match will start at 3:00 PM. All timings posted here are IC.

Matchday 1. 1 v 4, 2 v 3
  • Group A: National Cricket Ground (cap.50000)
  • Group B: Shiefield City Stadium (cap. 10000)
  • Group C: Inglaterran National Stadium (cap. 25000)
  • Group D: Trinity Stadium (cap. 8200)

Matchday 2. 4 v 3, 1 v 2

Matchday 3. 2 v 4, 3 v 1

Matchday 4. 4 v 1, 3 v 2

Matchday 5. 3 v 4, 2 v 1

Matchday 6. 4 v 2, 1 v 3
  • Group A: National Cricket Ground (cap.50000) (first match), Shiefield City Stadium (cap. 10000) (second match) (Start time: 1:00 PM)
  • Group B: National Cricket Ground (cap.50000) (first match), Shiefield City Stadium (cap. 10000) (second match) (Start time: 3:00 PM)
  • Group C: Inglaterran National Stadium (cap. 25000) (first match), Trinity Stadium (cap. 8200) (second match) (Start time: 1:00 PM)
  • Group D: Inglaterran National Stadium (cap. 25000) (first match), Trinity Stadium (cap. 8200) (second match) (Start time: 3:00 PM)

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:45 am

Attacking four

.Shaheer shazib (male)

.Faraz zia (male)

.falah shazib (female)

.aisha hussain (female)

defending four

.ishmael katch (male)

.farat yahoud (female)

.tahir mahil (male)

.tahira losotch (female)

Reserves

.bunty tahir (female)

.minahil ajmal (female)

.ahsan nassem (male)

.sami sorri (male)

Rp permissions

Godmod Scoring Events: No
RP Injuries to My Players: No
Eject/send off My Players: Yes
Last edited by Patistan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
]

Windport
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Windport » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Patistan wrote:Attacking four

.Shaheer shazib

.Faraz zia

.Humd shazib

.Hassan hussain

defending four

.ishmael katch

.farat yahoud

.tahir mahil

.naveed losotch

Reserves

.bunty tahir

.arhum ajmal

.ahsan nassem

.sami sorri

Who are male and who are female?
---Senator Alexander X. Winpo---
---Proud Member of the New Democrats
---

ALL ACTIVITY HAS MOVED TO THE NATION OF WINOVIA. PLEASE CARRY ON ALL RELATIONS WITH THAT NATION.

THIS ACCOUNT IS FOR NSG SENATE ONLY SO DON'T TG ME ABOUT RP OR GAMEPLAY

Callumackbar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Callumackbar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Callumackbar World Korfball Classic IV Squad

Starters
Wm Holland - Attack, Male.
Alfred McCormick - Attack, Male.
Rebecca Wilson - Attack, Female.
Andrea Wallace - Attack, Female
Darrell Bryan - Defence, Male.
Charlie Bush - Defence, Male.
Janice Delgado - Defence, Female.
Irma Reynolds - Defence, Female.

Subs
Bobbie Cooper - Attack, Male.
Kathleen Simon - Defence, Female.
Bennie Drake - Defence, Male.
Maureen Henderson - Defence, Female.

Patistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Windport wrote:
Patistan wrote:Attacking four

.Shaheer shazib

.Faraz zia

.Humd shazib

.Hassan hussain

defending four

.ishmael katch

.farat yahoud

.tahir mahil

.naveed losotch

Reserves

.bunty tahir

.arhum ajmal

.ahsan nassem

.sami sorri

Who are male and who are female?

fixed that
]

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:23 am

National Korfball Team of Ingla Terra

The Inglan Korfball Federation presents the National Korfball Team of the United Kingdom of Ingla Terra. The team will make it's debut at the Fourth edition of the Classic in they own turf, so they should make their nation proud.

Roster

Attackers
Baldomero Smith - Male - 21
Antonio Thomas - Male - 24 (co-captain)
Josefa Routledge - Female - 23
Martha Bale - Female - 21

Defenders
Federico Wenger - Male - 22
Augusto Thomas - Male - 24 (co-captain)
Francesca Davies - Female - 27
Luisa Tomkins - Female - 24

Reserve
Attacking
Armando Garett - Male - 22
Regina Hart - Female - 23

Defending
Francisco Curtis - Male - 20
Anita Bailey - Female - 26

New Sideburn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sideburn » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:19 pm

NEW SIDEBURN KORFBALL ASSOCIATION
Style Rating +1
Twice runners-up and number one in the world, the decision to professionalise the game was a fairly simple one. Now, a twelve-team league sprouted up last year, with KC Chenoworth the surprise champions. The fruits of the division now populate a new squad, reinforced by veterans of old that now have Sideburnese clubs to call their home.

My opponent MAY
Choose my goalscorers
RP injuries to my players (maximum one)
Hand out cautions to my players

My opponent MAY NOT
Godmod scoring events
Godmod injuries
Godmod other events

1 - Mike GUNSTOCK (c) - MA - 32 - KC Chenoworth
Veteran, last campaign's de facto captain, now the actual captain. Excels at making play, creating chances and keeping possession.

2 - Trish MILNER - FA - 26 - Brinemouth Dockers
Last season's top scorer, helping the Dockers to come third. Tall and athletic, her physique allows her to brush past defenders for the close shots she favours.

3 - Brighton CAINE - MA - 25 - Rhagant
Remarkably good with long shots and creating chances, but prefers to leave the charges and close shots to other people. An unselfish player, but not without flair.

4 - Miriam ASHORE - FA - 28 - KC Shale
Has a bright orange glass eye. The cousin of Lukas Strongnesse, indirectly caused the feud between Saintland and New Sideburn. A strong all-rounder.

5 - Andrew LOCKE - MD - 23 - KC Treason
6'7" with incredible reach, Locke's size is his greatest asset, but it's aided by ball control belying his ungainly frame.

6 - Joan GUILDER (vc) - FD - 28 - Sabrefell Union
Prematurely grey, but that doesn't reflect her fitness. Her intelligence is her best asset, and she has the pace to get to the right place at the right time.

7 - Bernhard PALISADE - MD - 28 - Maximum
Tall, lantern-jawed and possessed of a natural grace, Bernhard Palisade excels at setting up counter-attacks.

8 - Steph CREST - FD - 25 - KC Chenoworth
A late entrant, but a natural talent. Very fit, fast and skilled with the ball, though strength is a weakness.

9 - Ash LANTERN - MA - 26 - South Treason
Weak, but fast and skilled. Very much outside the mould for most Sideburnese sportsmen.

10 - Jess VIRTUE - FA - 30 - West Crisisbless
A naturally skilled player, but age is slowing her. Favoured impact substitute.

11 - Jack RINEHART - MD - 24 - Brinemouth Dockers
One of the game's rising talents. Rinehart is strong all-round, and keeps attentive at all times - his leadership abilities are considerable for a 24-year old, too.

12 - Elisabeth TURNSCREW - FD - 30 - KC Chenoworth
A broken nose belies the fact she gets the best of most every collision. A true bruiser, and younger sister of retired goalkeeper James Turnscrew.

MANAGER
Bryan RIVERS - 42

The man who lead the team to number one in the world; he's given the squad no reason to doubt him.
The old ways were best!

Original nation behind Nephara. New Sideburn now symbolises an ideal, rather than a nation.

Feministvs Sanctvsterra
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feministvs Sanctvsterra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:47 am

Feministvs Sanctvsterra - Official Website

feministvs.co.republica

World Korfball Classic IV starts today!

Its that time again! Yes, it is time for the next edition of the World Korfball Classic. After your heroines fell short of defending our championship last time, we're back and ready to reclaim our spot as the best in the world! First off, we want to thank the country of Ingla Terra for hosting our favorite event. That child-abusing traitor to her own gender, "Sister" Polus, can rant and rave about the World Korfball Classic all she wants, but korfball is back and there is nothing that she, nor anybody else from the False Church, can do about it.

The world is undoubtedly wondering where we've been these past few weeks. World Cup qualifying came and went and nobody even took advantage of the incompetence of the Puppet King's lackeys to send a message to the rest of the world. While it does seem to some people, mostly clueless men, that we are not as strong as we once were, that is most definitely not the case! In the past, we could just think about protesting the Patriarchy and playing korfball, but nowadays we are a global brand and we have an image to protect.

Last time, we were sent to the 3rd place match by our friends from New Sideburn. We have great respect for the nation of New Sideburn. The way they signed Josephus Flaccus and sent the Puppet King into a blind rage, right before the last Cup of Harmony, was hilarious. What made it even better was that the Cup of Harmony was held in the Equestrian States and the divine paradise that is Cassadaigua. Just watching the Puppet King's antics had us on the edges of our seats. For a while, we actually thought that our dream would come true and he would pull his country out of the Olympics. Then, we could have sent a much larger delegation to Liventia. It would have been so much fun and we could have brought so much pressure down upon the male chauvinist pigs.

However, they had to go to the Olympics. Once there, they proceeded to make fools of themselves once again. By Goddess, we still can't believe they would actually send a forged "diplomatic cable" threatening to blow up the Olympic Games. Goddess knows that the Republicans would never do something like that, but the Liventians didn't know any better. After they backed down, showing just how small they are where it counts, they just began sending their athletes home early! It was great not having those brainwashed idiots running around trying to convince us that the imposter they call "god" was going to throw us in a lake of fire. We'd rather spend eternity in a lake of fire than spend it around a bunch of crazed misogynists! Of course, everybody knows that this multiverse was really created by the Goddess. That must be the case because it is too well designed for any man to design it. But, the brainwashed will truly believe anything, no matter how absurd.

Your heroines open the World Korfball Classic today in Shiefield against Levivania. We will also face Nova Pruthenia and the Serbian Empire. Our only opponent that has competed in a previous World Korfball Classic is the Serbian Empire, whom we will face second and fifth this time around. In the last World Korfball Classic, we won 2 out of 3 against them, including a golden goal win in the second tournament round to earn our spot in the semi-finals. In the second World Korfball Classic, they were eliminated in the quarterfinal round by New Sideburn. Of the teams competing in this World Korfball Classic, 10 out of 16 are new and the others are the top 6 teams in the world rankings. Its going to be an interesting tournament. We hope to reclaim our spot as the best, but no returning entrant has ever won the World Korfball Classic. May the best team win!
IC: Not actually a nation. Feministvs Sanctvsterra is a feminist organization that is banned in Saintland. They are against the King's Government and Church of Saintland and are widely known for their provocative protests and their habit of entering sports events to promote their cause.

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:08 am

The teams arrived in Shiefield, with all all of them accommodated in the Starbuck Hotel, one of the most prestigious hotels in Ingla Terra. The fields are ready, and next day... the teams went on their team buses and traveled to their respective stadiums.

The first four matches will be played at 1:00 PM Inglan time and the other match will be played later at three in the afternoon. The lineups have been announced, and here we go!

Cutoff for Matchday 1
[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
(Scores database have been loaded.)

Matchday 1

Group A
Ingla Terra 13–13 Patistan
Shadowbourne 11–8 The Licentian Isles

Group A                 Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Shadowbourne 1 1 0 0 11 8 +3 3
2 Ingla Terra 1 0 1 0 13 13 0 1
Patistan 1 0 1 0 13 13 0 1
4 The Licentian Isles 1 0 0 1 8 11 −3 0

Group B
Some Village 21–15 Callumackbar
San Jose Guayabal 16–10 -San Andreas

Group B                 Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 San Jose Guayabal 1 1 0 0 16 10 +6 3
Some Village 1 1 0 0 21 15 +6 3
3 Callumackbar 1 0 0 1 15 21 −6 0
-San Andreas 1 0 0 1 10 16 −6 0

Group C
New Sideburn 12–13 Windport
Kriegiersien 15–9 Ancharmunn

Group C                 Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Kriegiersien 1 1 0 0 15 9 +6 3
2 Windport 1 1 0 0 13 12 +1 3
3 New Sideburn 1 0 0 1 12 13 −1 0
4 Ancharmunn 1 0 0 1 9 15 −6 0

Group D
Feministvs Sanctvsterra 9–13 Levivania
The Serbian Empire 21–15 Nova Pruthenia

Group D                 Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 The Serbian Empire 1 1 0 0 21 15 +6 3
2 Levivania 1 1 0 0 13 9 +4 3
3 Feministvs Sanctvsterra 1 0 0 1 9 13 −4 0
4 Nova Pruthenia 1 0 0 1 15 21 −6 0

What took me long in the scorination was that the scorinator does not put draws in the table, and it posts Golden Goal scores, which is unnecessary in this stage. For Group B, Goals for/against were not used (I forgot that there was no stylemods in this one), and for consistency in my winning bid, this will not be changed.

A reminder that scorination for Matchday 2 will be in 18 hours time.

Teams may now check-in at their respective rooms in the second floor. The Starbuck Hotel is very large that it can accommodate 250 people in just one floor. For the teams, they have five more matchdays to get their campaign back on track or keep their stronghold of the group leads.
Last edited by Ingla Terra on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:21 am

OOC: Sorry by the bad errors I commited, I accept my guilty.

Roster of SJG

Starters

Carlos Mercader - Attack, Male.
Mario Pérez - Attack, Male.
Tania Leveron- Attack, Female.
Marta Campbell - Attack, Female
Tomasa Antifasista - Defence, Male.
Marvin Zeledón - Defence, Male.
Estefanía Serrano - Defence, Female.
Jennifer Zelaya - Defence, Female.

Subs
Gabriel Tandil - Attack, Male.
Johanna Marroquín - Defence, Female.
Xavier Monterrosa - Defence, Male.
Augusta Acevedo - Defence, Female.

Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes (I'll determine the length)
Godmod Other Events: Yes (Fans can get involved, don't kill players please)
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Patistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:39 am

yayay says shaheer shazib the attacker

why the hell are you happy man says faraz we tied

so says shaheer we can still go through be happy

no replied faraz i will never

comeon faraz says the coach nassear

okay says faraz and does a smile

ooc: we can roleplay rioght
]

Feministvs Sanctvsterra
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Feministvs Sanctvsterra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:09 am

It had been a shocking defeat. Feministvs Sanctvsterra had never expected to lose their opening match of the World Korfball Classic, much less against a team from Levivania. Coming in, the former World Korfball Classic champions would have picked Levivania as their weakest opponent. Now, they were 0-1. They were beginning to wonder if the talk about how they had lost their edge was true.

Agrippina - What exactly is going on here? We've now lost 3 out of our last 5. We don't look like the number 2 team in the world right now.

Catharina - It seems we only perform worse as we become more internationally renowned.

Maria - It isn't just our performance in korfball. We didn't win a single gold medal at the Olympics. Even our great beach volleyball team came up short.

Iulietta - Why can't we go back to how we used to be? We would protest the Patriarchy all day long and then we'd play korfball and win. Nowadays, it seems we're mostly going on our reputation.

Martha - I can't believe we didn't do anything at the Beach Cup or the World Baseball Classic. Then, we let World Cup qualifying and the World Bowl come and go without doing a thing.

Agrippina - Its more difficult these days. The Patriarchy's thugs are on alert.

Martha - But, that didn't stop VP from pulling off one of the best protests yet.

Iulietta - I know. I just loved the way they pretended to be those goody-2-shoes from Cantus Virginum just to get the opportunity to sing against that traitor to her own gender, our so-called "Sister" Polus.

Agrippina - She's just brainwashed. I kind of feel sorry for her, actually. Women shouldn't have to join convents just to escape from a life as a glorified appliance.

The entire team laughed.

Marcus - May I speak?

Agrippina - Go ahead.

Marcus - I think we need to stop worrying about the pressure of living up to our past glories. We should remember why we got into this in the first place. We aren't here to win the World Korfball Classic. We're here to bring international pressure down upon the False Church and its Puppet King.

Agrippina - You make a good point, Marcus, but we're also here to win.

Iulietta - Maybe we should go out into the city and protest.

Georgius - I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I've been reading their laws and this country is clearly a dictatorship. Did you know that it is illegal to be outside after the 22nd hour?

Iulietta - Why did we have to bring Georgius along? There he goes again with his concern trolling.

Maria - Georgius, I really wish you would stop this kind of stuff.

Georgius - I'm sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Agrippina - I've noticed. Tomorrow, we face the Serbian Empire. Before our match, we're going to protest the Patriarchy.

Iulietta - Great. Let's see if we can find support here.

The Feministvs Sanctvsterra korfball team spent the night in the hotel, planning their protest for the following morning. They were more concerned about protesting than korfball, hoping to recapture their past glories. Whether they could do so was still uncertain.

Some Village
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Some Village » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:25 pm

"So Mike, you just throw the ball up there!"

Mikhael looked upon it all with a mix of confusion and interest. If he was fully honest, he didn't have a clue what he was doing in Ingla Terra. Ananias hadn't really asked it, he just ordered that the youngster would join them on this trip. And who was he to question Ananias?

"Another one! Mikhael, you've got to score more!"
"But... I scored four against Callumackbar. I even scored one with that Bush-guy marking me and then..."
"I don't care. Last year, we had our home advantage, but right now, the rules are equal for all. And this means we have to raise our scorelines!"
"But 21 against..."
"Higher! Keep shooting, we're not leaving this place before you're scoring two out of three from that distance out."

Ananias' words weren't cold yet when suddenly the lights went off.

"Who did that light out? Who!?"

A tiny looking man, dressed in a jumpsuit with SHIEFIELD AFC on the back, appeared out of the shadow of the largest stands.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I must ask you to leave. It's nine thirty, we've got to go."

Ananias was as baffled as Mikhael was relieved. He could enjoy the game and with his long, powerful arms, he did fit in. But this should remain a game, not a real sport, like swimming. (OOC: anything not a 'pure' sport, e.g. rowing, swimming, running, throwing, ... is considered a game in Some Village, although the rugby fans dispute this idea)

"No."

With a piercing stare, Ananias refused to leave the court.

"But, sir, I've got to be in at ten."
"Well, then let's hope that Mikhael manages to score two out of three by that time, shall we?"

Ananias didn't even bother to listen to the poor fellow's protest. Although he would've liked to go home straight away now, he knew that he couldn't leave the place unattended.

"And point!"

Mikhael's arms were burning. It was close to eleven o'clock and he had been throwing balls for hours now. The guardian of the stadium had by now grown into a pile of mystery. With dreary eyes, he sat on the bench near the court trying to think of ways to avoid disaster. His muthered arguments had been rendered nill and void by the angry Ananias and by the time he had chosen in the dilemma between losing his job for leaving the stadium unguarded and getting fined or even worse for breaking curfew, the clock had chosen for him.

"And know," Ananias directed himself to the man, "we can leave."

They hadn't taken three steps outside the giant door of the stadium before a yellow searchlight fell on our trio.

"Please raise your hands," a voice through a megaphone blasted, "and don't protest. You're arrested for breaking curfew, everything you say can and will be used against you. Follow us with your arms raised."
Cycling: host of the Island Tours & the WToC
Rugby: participant in the AVRU & host RWC XXI
Swamp Soccer: fourth place in the last World Championship
Korfball: victor of the World Korfball Classic III, second of the WKC IV (KPB: 2th)
Olympics: medals: four. Not too bad for a micronation.

Member of Astyria
Confirmed Puppet: Buyan
Population: 254

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Ancharmunn national korfball team

Other than as the subject of satirical music korfball is an entirely unheard of sport within Ancharmunn, and it's world championship is even more anonymous within this Vatmarkian realm. This has allowed a group of students from University College Caernankry to successfully model themselves as the Federated Establishment of Charmunnry Korfball, and as such custodians of any national team representing the country.

Given the fledging status of the team and the fact that participation in the World Korfball Classic will mark the first time that anyone in the team has played the sport none of the twelve players to have signed up for the trip to Ingla Terra have established positions. All players are likely therefore to be tried in both defence and attack at some point. The Charmunnry team may well turn out to just be a crock of shit, nonetheless, there's bound to joy in Shiefield for sure.

Kevin Dunne
Pearse O'Leary
Jarlath Kavanagh
Domhnall Mac Gabhann
Fionn Ó Dubhghaill
Aidan O'Farrell

Fenella Stewart
Meave O'Callaghan
Eilís Ní Chuinn
Fíona Ní Mhurchadha
Caitlín Nic Dhomhnaill
Eilish O'Connell

RP Injuries to My Players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Cutoff for Matchday 2
[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
(Scores are being transmitted to the scores database.)

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Matchday 2
(Scores database and tables updated.)

Group A
Patistan 12–13 The Licentian Isles
Ingla Terra 9–17 Shadowbourne

1 Shadowbourne 2 2 0 0 28 17 +11 6
2 The Licentian Isles 2 1 0 1 21 23 −2 3
3 Patistan 2 0 1 1 25 26 −1 1
4 Ingla Terra 2 0 1 1 22 30 −8 1

Group B
Callumackbar 25–9 -San Andreas
Some Village 19–11 San Jose Guayabal

1 Some Village 2 2 0 0 40 26 +14 6
2 Callumackbar 2 1 0 1 40 30 +10 3
3 San Jose Guayabal 2 1 0 1 27 29 −2 3
4 -San Andreas 2 0 0 2 19 41 −22 0

Group C
Windport 16–9 Ancharmunn
New Sideburn 17–9 Kriegiersien

1 Windport 2 2 0 0 29 21 +8 6
2 New Sideburn 2 1 0 1 29 22 +7 3
3 Kriegiersien 2 1 0 1 24 26 −2 3
4 Ancharmunn 2 0 0 2 18 31 −13 0

Group D
Levivania 11–27 Nova Pruthenia
Feministvs Sanctvsterra 11–12 The Serbian Empire

1 The Serbian Empire 2 2 0 0 33 26 +7 6
2 Nova Pruthenia 2 1 0 1 42 32 +10 3
3 Levivania 2 1 0 1 24 36 −12 3
4 Feministvs Sanctvsterra 2 0 0 2 20 25 −5 0

Patistan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 am

we lost screams faraz

cool down screams shaheer

guys please we can still pass come on guys and its only one point we can still win right says the coach yeah maybe maybe says shaheer
faraz one more hothead thin like that you are out of the team okay
]

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Cutoff for Matchday 3
(Matches ongoing. Scores will be transmitted to the scores database soon.)

Ingla Terra
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Ingla Terra » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Matchday 3
(Matches finished and scores are transmitted to the scores database.)

Group A
Shadowbourne 13–10 Patistan
The Licentian Isles 22–19 Ingla Terra

1 Shadowbourne 3 3 0 0 41 27 +14 9
2 The Licentian Isles 3 2 0 1 43 42 +1 6
3 Patistan 3 0 1 2 35 39 −4 1
4 Ingla Terra 3 0 1 2 41 52 −11 1

Group B
San Jose Guayabal 13–17 Callumackbar
-San Andreas 10–11 Some Village

1 Some Village 3 3 0 0 51 36 +15 9
2 Callumackbar 3 2 0 1 57 43 +14 6
3 San Jose Guayabal 3 1 0 2 40 46 −6 3
4 -San Andreas 3 0 0 3 29 52 −23 0

Group C
Kriegiersien 10–9 Windport
Ancharmunn 9–23 New Sideburn

1 New Sideburn 3 2 0 1 52 31 +21 6
2 Windport 3 2 0 1 38 31 +7 6
3 Kriegiersien 3 2 0 1 34 35 −1 6
4 Ancharmunn 3 0 0 3 27 54 −27 0

Group D
The Serbian Empire 14–7 Levivania
Nova Pruthenia 12–22 Feministvs Sanctvsterra

1 The Serbian Empire 3 3 0 0 47 33 +14 9
2 Feministvs Sanctvsterra 3 1 0 2 42 37 +5 3
3 Nova Pruthenia 3 1 0 2 54 54 0 3
4 Levivania 3 1 0 2 31 50 −19 3

Matchday 4 will be scorinated tomorrow, same time.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports