NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 19: Everything Thread!

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 am

National Journal
Saugeais powers past Sakurakoku
3-run home run by Hamilton gives Saugeais the edge

Sakurakoku            100 111 101 - 6
Saugeais 202 000 03X - 7

Batting
Player                      AVG   AB   R    H     RBI    BB    SO
Derek Evans (2B) .360 4 0 0 0 0 2
Michel Pétain (LF) .325 3 3 3 0 1 0
Dick Robinson (C) .351 4 2 2 0 0 0
Jacques Benoit (RF) .412 2 1 1 3 1 1
Shawn Hamilton (DH) .464 4 1 2 3 0 0
Christophe Lind (1B) .440 3 0 1 1 1 0
Jean-Paul Romero (SS) .333 4 0 1 0 0 1
Aaron Dairon (CF) .386 4 0 0 0 0 1
Paul Roland (3B) .378 3 0 1 0 0 0

Totals: .355 31 7 11 7 3 5

2B- Benoit, 1 (6 total); Robinson, 1 (4 total)
3B- none
HR- Hamilton (4, 8th inning, 2 on, 1 out)
SB- none
GIDP - Saugeais 2
Sac - Benoit, 3rd inning

Pitching
Player                    ERA     IP      H     R    ER      BB     SO
Randy Blackman 6.16 6.1 9 5 5 1 5
Shaun Fournier 0.68 1.0 1 0 0 1 1
Kim Yun-sung(W, 1-2) 9.00 1.0 1 1 1 0 1
Terry Kazmierczak(SV, 4) 6.75 0.2 0 0 0 0 1
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Churchma
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Churchma » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:20 am

Churchma Gators WBC 19 Coverage
Churchma's 10-6 win over Mytannion takes us one step closer to winning Group One
Churchma Sports Inc.

Welcome to the big leagues, Germogen Sokolof. Mytannion's starting pitcher had a rough outing against Churchma's bats, which were absolutely on fire in the beginning of the game. Sokolof only lasted 2.1 innings, while giving up five earned runs.

The star of the day was (to no one's surprise) Yusuf Yimanz. The number five hitter went an astonishing 5-5 from the plate on the day, as he hit a solo home-run in the bottom of the third inning that convinced Mytannion's manager to pull Sokolof from the game. Yimanz proceeded to drive in three more runs on the day, bringing his RBI total for the tournament to 36. The most notable hit of the day came on after a very strange sequence of events.

In honor of the last home game of group play for WBC 19, the Cooper Field staff along with Yimanz, worked together to provide 1,000 fans with an autographed baseball hat. In the bottom of the fifth inning with Churchma leading 8-1, Yimanz stepped into the box for his fourth at-bat of the day. As he stepped into the batters box, a fan (Charlie Knox) hopped over the wall down the third base line and charged Yimanz. Knox, apparently enraged with Yimanz, charged past the left field security guard and made his way towards home plate. The commotion in the crowd didn't catch Mytannion's third basemen's attention, otherwise he could have most likely stopped the "jumper"- as Knox is being called on all of the internet forums. What happened next is best seen through the eyes of Yimanz.

"At first I thought it was pretty funny, you know, just another jackass trying to jump onto the field and get his 15 seconds of fame. But I noticed pretty quickly that he was on a mission. I saw him running at me and I could tell he had something in his hand. He wasn't laughing; he wasn't smiling; and as a matter of fact, he was actually swearing at me because I didn't give him an autograph. My natural instincts took over and I just had to defend myself," Yimanz said.

As Knox made his way towards Yimanz, he raised the pen as if he was going to attempt to stab the star first basemen. Yimanz stepped towards Knox, took a solid swing at his knees, and knocked the "jumper" down to the ground as the security guards were able to take control of the scene.

At first, the crowd went dead-silent amazed at what Yimanz had just done to a fan that was just trying to have a little fun. But sure enough, the Cooper Field staff put the instant replay up on the screen, and just as Yimanz' bat made contact with Knox' left knee, the crowd burst into cheer.

"I can't believe that series of events played out the way it did. I can't blame Yusuf (Yimanz) for acting the way he did though. If you saw someone charging at you the way the "jumper" was, what would you have done?" manager Ben Barksdale said.

Churchma law is known to be extremely strict, and the fact that Knox attempted to inflict harm upon Yimanz is sure to cause him to receive some jail time. A case somewhat similar to this happened nearly 40 years ago as a soccer goalie from the club team-Moorhatch was attacked by a fan with a knife, before the goalie was cut on his arm once, and then knocked out the attacker. In that case the attacker received 15 years in the Churchma Department of Corrections. The "jumper" is most likely looking at 5-10 years, simply because he didn't actually succeed in his attack upon Yimanz.

.... more to come.
CHAMPIONS- Baptism of Iron 6, Cup of Harmony 45, Two ITA Titles
RUNNER UPS- World Lacrosse Championships 10, Saugeais Baseball Tournament
THIRD PLACE- NSCF 1
SEMIFINALS- World Softball Classic 1, World Baseball Classic 19
QUARTERFINALS- NS Arena Bowl 0, NSAB 1, NSCF 2
FOUNDER- Nation States College Football (NSCF)

Map of Churchma
Important Sports Info

Camwood
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Camwood » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 am

PBC Sports

Baseball

Eliminated

Camwood did it's job but Taeshan didn't. Not the Taeshan was assigned a job, but with Quintessence of Dust beating Taeshan it put third place out of reach. Now all Camwood has is to win the next game and try to make fifth. Getting in fifth will put Camwood in good shape for next tournament's standings. tommorow is Matchday fourteen and if Camwood beats Weegee Rick and Steves Camwood will take fifth because of head to head tiebreaker because Camwood beat Weegee once already. However fourth is out of reach because Taeshan (now in fourth) beat Camwood twice already. Camwood has been elinimated.

Camwood beat CSA seven to four in overtime. In the bottom of the third Csa brought three runs in but Camwood countered in the fifth with one run and then a three run homer was hit again by shortstop Tony Coffelt. It looked like Camwood would win it but CSA scored a run in the bottom of the ninth to tie it and send it in to overtime. Finaly in the eleventh inning Camwood's first baseman Randy Alden hit a double that scored two RBIs and then stole home ona pastball. Peter Holloway shut down Confederate States to win it.

Score
CAM 000 010 003 03 - 7
CSA 003 000 001 00 - 4
The Republic of Camwood
Demonym: Camian | Trigramme: CMW | Population: 80 Million
Air Camwood
cbcsport.cmw
Champions of:
Keisler Cup - U13 Baseball Tournament
Fourth
WLC 12
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

Armorgames
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Armorgames » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 pm

ARMORGAMES NEWS

Code: Select all
Armorgames            200 010 111 - 6
Syvorji               121 200 003 - 9

Malcom Harrison reporting here.

Well this season is as good as done. Armorgames lost in their second to last game of the season. This game was against Syvorji.

Armorgames was playing really well but their setup man Rick Lynn let up three runs on a three run walk off jack to lose the game.

I don't think AG would have made it anyways but it is still disappointing to lose like that.

Four of Armorgame's runs came on homers continuing AG's power hitting. But it wasn't enough to win the game.

Thats all we have here.

3rd place in 12th World Lacrosse Championships
2nd in the inaugural U-18 IBC.

Ma wiki

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:31 pm

ROAD TO NEWMANISTAN TM

LINE SCORE
Cabric 212 000 110 - 7
Qazox 200 035 10X - 11

With a playoff berth all locked up,
Cabric came to town.
A group championship was up for grabs.
But after 3 innings Qazox was down.

By the score of five to two.
Sean Carey had left the game,
and with Smythe now throwing,
many thought there'd be more of the same.

But with 3 runs scored in the 5th,
off of Mike Riley and now the game was tied.
After another 1-2-3 in the top of the 6th,
history was made, to those that spied.

Riley was still on the mound,
Manto stunningly left him in,
Qazox took full advantage,
as the history did begin.

Sinclair walked on 4 pitches,
and Sdmar walked on 4 straight too.
Then suprisingly Holmes walked as well,
After 5 more pitches, Flint came through.

With a 4th consecutive walk, which scored a run,
then Manto believed Riley was through.
In trotted Yabe, who walked the next batter Jae,
and then she walked the Pinch-hitter Wu.

One more walk and things began to unravel,
as Yabe chewed out the umpire.
She was ejected, and in came Nance,
but yet another walk kept the Caribou in the mire.

Finally there came an out, as Omante,
popped out to short, ending the streak.
5 runs had scored during the inning,
all with out the ball in play, how weak!

Qazox batted around, and scored many runs.
Eight straight walks without being put out,
History was made with the number of walks;
turned a close game into a rout.

The final score was eleven to seven,
but everyone will remember the day;
when in one strange inning,
Cabric literally walked the game away.

Qazox now has clinched the group title,
and a first round playoff bye.
But one game reamains, at Ruadha,
and a chance to improve the seeding is nigh.

Both teams are in playoffs, and almost
are locked in to their spot.
Qazox will use their bench to start,
as the reserves will play alot.

Can Qazox end the group stage
on a high note with a win?
Or would a Ruadha upset
send them into a spin?
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Cabric
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabric » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Cabric 212 000 110 - 7
Qazox 200 035 10X - 11

Game 13 @ Qazox.

We need better pitching. If you could withstand the horrible forced rhymes of Qazox, you know that Cabric set a WBC record by walking 8 consecutive batters in the 6th inning turning a 5-5 game into a 10-5 deficit. Qazox would win 11-7. Up next for Cabric, a home date against ViZion. Since they've clinched a playoff berth, perhaps they'll play the subs and Cabric could finally get a win against the top 4 teams in the group.

CABRIC'S STATS:
Pring L (2-1): 5.0 IP, 7 H, 8 ER, 8 R, 3 K, 6 BB (96 pitches, 58 strikes) Pitched to 3 batters in 6th.
Yabe: 0.0 IP, 0 H, 2 ER, 0 R, 1 K, 3 BB (17 pitches, 4 strikes) EJECTED pitched to 3 batters in 6th.
Nance: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 3 R, 2 K, 2 BB (43 pitches, 22 strikes)
Faverau: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 R, 2 K, 0 BB (13 pitches, 10 strikes)

2B: Broadly, Sun 2 (7)
3B: none
HR: Merloni (1 on, 0 out in 1st off of Carey), Pacquin (0 on, 2 out in 8th off of Symthe)
RBI: Merloni 2 (3), Broadly 2 (4), Pacquin, Sun (7), Veldt (14)
Sac: none
SF: none
SB: none
CS: none

Time: 3:29
Attendence: 61,108
Please attempt NOT to spell my name: CARBIC, CARBON, CRABIC or CARBRICK; and I will attempt to spell your name correctly. Wikipage

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 pm

As Courtney Keisler was putting the finishing touches on her second career complete game shutout in the World Baseball Classic, still at just 18 years of age, she began to ponder that contract. Maybe it should have been a little different. Maybe she should have been celebrating her 13 strikeout performance on no walks, or that she only allowed three hits, but that was difficult to do. She got this contract, after all, to play football (soccer). Would she cross that bridge again with her mother?

Other then her amazing pitching ability, Keisler has outstanding football as well, as her father is Jeremy McAllister, Jr, the second highest scorer all-time in Newmanistan Rockets, second only to McAllister, Sr. So yes, there is some pretty good genetics going on there. It took a while for Courtney to realize her football ability, but it soon became apparent that she might have been good enough to play for the Rockets in the World Cup. Though her mother, and soon her father, told her that she pick one sport and stick with it. Obviously, Stacey drilled baseball into her daughter’s head, while Junior was more open to let her make the decision herself. Ultimately, Courtney decided to play baseball, and it’s pretty safe to say that is going pretty well after watching her pitch another gem like she did tonight. This football contract from The Babbage Islands club just seemed perfect. Baseball would have complete priority, and mom should like that, right? She needed to talk to someone about this. Meghan Stewart seemed good.

“Meghan,” Courtney began, “Can we talk?”

“Absolutely!”

“When you decided to go to the IBL, how difficult of a decision was that?”

Meghan didn’t quite know why Courtney was asking her this, knowing how Stacey Keisler enjoyed taking shots at the IBL whenever possible, “Once I decided it was something I wanted to do, it was a very easy decision.”

Courtney nodded, “But like, weren’t you worried that you mom would really hate you for it because you are like leaving the same team she pitched for?”

“No. I’m an adult and it’s my decision and not hers. I care about her opinion and I want her to be happy, but it’s about me, and not her.”

“Yeah. Did she yell at you or anything?”

“No. She understood.”

“I wish my mom would.”

“Why do you say that?”

“I want to do something different too, but she would just go crazy if I did this.”

“You wanna go to the IBL, too?”

Courtney laughs, “No! I hope you do good there though! That’s kinda why I asked you though because I know you just had to make a difficult decision. So like I have this offer to play football in The Babbage Islands during the baseball season only. And it sounds really cool and I want to do it but I know my mother will bitch about it and I don’t even know how the Panthers (Stroudsbourg, her NBL team) will react to it.”

“If you wanna do it, do it. You should be able to do what you want just as much as I can do what I want. We have to be ourselves, Courtney. I love my mom but I don’t want to be Tara Stewart’s daughter, I want to be Meghan Stewart. I want to make my own name for myself and that’s why I chose to go to the IBL. It’s something very different and I know I can do good there so now I am going to take on the challenge and be myself. I guess with you, be yourself now, you know. Be Courtney Keisler. Don’t just be Stacey and Junior’s daughter. If you really think you can play football in The Babbage Islands, then I think you should go for it. I guess as long as you contract with Stroudsbourg will allow it.”

“Yeah I think there was a clause there about me getting hurt in other activities and that would void the contract.”

“Well then that’s a gamble. But maybe then you can just go to the IBL too.”

“Wouldn’t that be something!”
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

ViZion
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:09 pm

ViZion Daily
Sports Page - C1

Gamers Clinch Playoff Berth

Gamers storm the field in celebration after complete game victory

By: Tom Hesh

Vitalita, ViZion - What a game. This is exactly how the Gamers expected to play game in, game out. Masterful pitching. Flawless defense. Amazing offense. This shows exactly how the team SHOULD be playing, but hasn't. Corey Hendricks pitched his best game yet, earning his second victory of the World Baseball Classic as he was nearly perfect aside from two hits spread out over nine innings - one an infield single, the other a home run just over the center field wall as he needed just 96 pitches to toss this nine inning complete game victory. He has improved in each of his last two starts after getting blown out early in his first game against Qazox - a game in which the Gamers came back late to win it and take him off the hook.

He improves to 2-0 in three starts with a 3.60 ERA over twenty innings pitched. Meanwhile, the offense has its best game yet, scoring eleven runs on nineteen hits, including three home runs. Hollier continues to make a case for the World Baseball Classic MVP, and is easily the team's MVP, with yet another five hit game. While some players, such as Cruz, Kellum, Davaloz, and Bohl have made their own case for being some of the Classic's top hitters, none of those guys comes near Hollier, who leads the team with eight triples, 45 hits, 27 steals, and a .708 batting average. Yes, you read that correct, a .708 batting average. The team heads to Cabric, who today was eliminated from the playoff run. Leon Tuero takes the mound for ViZion. Tuero has had a rough go at it so far in this World Baseball Classic, being ejected in the game against Swartaz after a bases-clearing brawl while giving up five runs in his game against Cosumar. He currently has two no-decisions, and looks to prove his worth tomorrow and earn his first win.

ViZion is currently tied with Ruadha, so tomorrows game will dictate who will be second and who will be third. Should both teams win or lose, the run differential will act as the tie breaker, and Ruadha has a vast lead in that department. As such, ViZion needs to win and Ruadha needs to lose in order for us to be second in the group. Either way, we have clinched a spot in the playoffs, where the teams pitching looks to finally play like it can. They fully expect to be able to handle World Baseball Classic batters from here on out.

.    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9     R
SCA
0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 1
VIZ
3 1 1 1 2 2 1 0 X - 11

WP: C. Hendricks, VIZ
LP: ?, SCA

First Inning
J. Hollier - Triple (1-1)
D. Kellum - RBI Single (1-1) [b]ViZion 1-0
R. Davaloz - RBI Double (1-1) ViZion 2-0
T. Lenard - Strikeout (0-1)
E. Cruz - Strikeout (0-1)
S. Bohl - RBI Double (1-1) ViZion 3-0
C. Cressy - Flyout (0-1)

Second Inning
G. Bastorechi - Groundout (0-1)
D. Battle - Single (1-1)
J. Hollier - RBI Triple (2-2) ViZion 4-0
D. Kellum - Foulout (1-2)
R. Davaloz - IBB (1-1)
T. Lenard - Popout (0-2)
E. Cruz - Flyout (0-2)

Third Inning
S. Bohl - Homerun (2-2) ViZion 5-1
C. Cressy - Groundout (0-2)
G. Bastorechi - Groundout (0-2)
D. Battle - Strikeout (1-2)

Fourth Inning
J. Hollier - Single (3-3)
J. Hollier - Steal Second
J. Hollier - Steal Third
D. Kellum - Foulout (1-3)
R. Davaloz - RBI Double (2-2) ViZion 6-1
T. Lenard - BB (0-2)
E. Cruz - Strikeout (0-3)
S. Bohl - BB (2-2)
C. Cressy - Groundout (0-3)

Fifth Inning
G. Bastorechi - Single (1-3)
D. Battle - GDP (1-3)
J. Hollier - Single (4-4)
J. Hollier - Steal Second
D. Kellum - RBI Single (2-4) ViZion 7-1
R. Davaloz - RBI Double (3-3) ViZion 8-1
T. Lenard - Flyout (0-3)

Sixth Inning
E. Cruz - Homerun (1-4) ViZion 9-1
S. Bohl - Homerun (2-3) ViZion 10-1
C. Cressy - Groundout (0-4)
G. Bastorechi - Single (2-4)
D. Battle - GDP (1-4)

Seventh Inning
J. Hollier - Double (5-5)
D. Kellum - RBI Double (3-5) ViZion 11-1
R. Davaloz - IBB (3-3)
T. Lenard - GDP (0-4)
E. Cruz - Strikeout (1-5)

Eighth Inning
S. Bohl - Single (3-4)
C. Cressy - Single (1-5)
G. Bastorechi - GDP (2-5)
D. Battle - Foulout (1-5)
Last edited by ViZion on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 am

The Jagoza Express

6 July 2011 SCE

Josh Daniel pitches perfectly enroute to a PERFECT GAME! Huge 4th inning gives us the win!

Michael VII 10 - 0 Arnett Mead

Michael VII
001 500 400 - 10 23 0

Arnett Mead
000 000 000 - 0 0 0

W: Josh Daniel, 9 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 12 K, 0 BB

Well, the headline says it all. A perfect game against Arnett Mead and a huge five run fourth inning capped off a 10-0 win for Michael VII and Ace Pitcher Josh Daniel. The pitching performance from Daniel was far from what one would call "perfect", but the stats don't lie. No hits, no errors, no walks, and a complete game. However, Arnett Mead helped Daniel out by swinging on 3-0 pitches, swinging at balls in the dirt, and easily grounding out in the infield. The 12 strikeouts definitely made for an easier defensive performance for Michael VII, and the 23 offensive hits for the Falcons put the match away early, with the final four runs being scored in the seventh inning to cap off a great all round performance.

Top of the First
Trent Marsch strikes out swinging (K)
Rohan Kashmir grounds out to shortstop (GO)
Joseph Yales singles off line drive to left field (H1)
Thomas Pferdner called out on strikes (K)

Bottom of the First
#1 strikes out swinging (K1)
#2 grounds out to third base (GO)
#3 flies out to center field (FO)

Top of the Second
Pauli Auschtaus doubles off line drive to right field (H2)
Norman Fuerte singles to left field, Auschtaus to third (H3)
Jimi Lyle bunts to pitcher, Auschtaus tagged out at home, Fuerte to second, Lyle reaches first safely (FC)
Craig Hertz grounds out into double play, Fuerte to third. End of inning. (GO)

Bottom of the Second
#4 called out on strikes (K2)
#5 strikes out swinging (K3)
#6 strikes out swinging (K4)

Top of the Third
Retter Marques grounds out to first (GO)
Trent Marsch homers to right field (1-0 Michael VII) (H4)
Rohan Kashmir singles to left field (H5)
Joseph Yales pops out to second base, Kashmir tagged out at first (FO, TO)

Bottom of the Third
#7 grounds out to shortstop (GO)
#8 pops out to shortstop (FO)
#9 strikes out swinging (K5)

Top of the Fourth
Thomas Pferdner triples off line drive to right field (H6)
Pauli Auschtaus doubles on line drive to center field, Pferdner scores (2-0 Michael VII) (H7)
Norman Fuerte singles to left field, Auschtaus to third (H8)
Jimi Lyle homers to center field, Auschtaus, Fuerte scores (5-0 Michael VII) (H9)
Craig Hertz called out on strikes (K)
Retter Marques doubles to right field (H10)
Trent Marsch singles to center field, Marques scores (6-0 Michael VII) (H11)
Pitching Change
Rohan Kashmir flies out to right field (FO)
Joseph Yales strikes out swinging (K)

Bottom of the Fourth
#1 called out on strikes (K6)
#2 grounds out to second (out at first) (GO)
#3 flies out to center field (FO)

Top of the Fifth
Thomas Pferdner called out on strikes (K)
Pauli Auschtaus strikes out swinging (K)
Norman Fuerte flies out to left field (FO)

Bottom of Fifth
#4 grounds out to first base (GO)
#5 pops out to shortstop (FO)
#6 grounds out to first base (GO)

Top of the Sixth
Jimi Lyle singles to left field (H12)
Craig Hertz singles to center field, Lyle to second (H13)
Retter Marques strikes out swinging (K)
Trent Marsch flies out to left field (FO)
Rohan Kashmir grounds out to first base (GO)

Bottom of the Sixth
#7 called out on strikes (K7)
#8 pops out to third base (FO)
#9 grounds out to first base (GO)

Top of the Seventh
Joseph Yales singles to right field (H14)
Thomas Pferdner flies out to right field (FO)
Joseph Yales steals second base (SB)
Pauli Auschtaus singles on short line drive to right field, Yales to third (H15)
Norman Fuerte homers to right field, Auschtaus, Yales score (9-0 Michael VII) (H16)
Jimi Lyle doubles to left field (H17)
Craig Hertz strikes out swinging (K)
Retter Marques singles on line drive to right field, Lyle scores (10-0 Michael VII) (H18)
Trent Marsch flies out to right field (FO)

Bottom of the Seventh
#1 pops out to second base (FO)
#2 grounds out to third (out at first) (GO)
#3 flies out to right field (FO)

Top of the Eighth
Rohan Kashmir doubles off line drive to left field (H18)
Joseph Yales strikes out swinging (K)
Kashmir caught stealing (CS)
Thomas Pferdner singles to left field (H19)
Pauli Auschtaus singles short to right field, Pferdner to second (H20)
Norman Fuerte called out on strikes (K)

Bottom of the Eighth
#4 strikes out swinging (K8)
#5 called out on strikes (K9)
#6 flies out to left field (FO)
Top of the Ninth
Jimi Lyle strikes out swinging (K)
Craig Hertz grounds out to first base (GO)
Retter Marques singles to right field (H21)
Trent Marsch singles to center field, Marques to second (H22)
Rohan Kashmir singles to left field, Marsch to second, Marques to third (H23)
Joseph Yales grounds out to second (out at second) (GO)

Bottom of the Ninth
#7 strikes out swinging (K10)
#8 called out on strikes (K11)
#9 strikes out swinging (K12)

Player
AB R H RBI HR BB K SB

Trent Marsch
6 1 3 1 0 1 0

Rohan Kashmir
6 0 3 0 0 0 0 0

Joseph Yales
6 1 2 0 0 0 2 1

Thomas Pferdner
5 1 2 0 0 0 2 0

Pauli Auschtaus
5 2 4 1 0 0 1 0

Norman Fuerte
5 2 3 3 1 0 1 0

Jimi Lyle
5 2 3 3 1 0 1 0

Craig Hertz
5 0 1 0 0 0 3 0

Retter Marques
5 1 3 1 0 0 1 0

2B: Auschtaus 2, Marques, Kashmir
3B: Pferdner
HR: Marsch, Lyle, Fuerte

Player
IP H R ER BB K HR

Josh Daniel
9.0 0 0 0 0 12 0

OOC: I know my stats in the Box Score are wrong, but I'm eliminated, it's late and I can't be screwed with BBcoding correctly right now!
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 am

The RP Cutoff for Matchday 14 is presented by One Big Airline. Planning a trip to Newmanistan? Fly OBA! We have flights in and out of every city hosting games in the playoffs!

Group 1:
Beaverriver           021 111 000 - 6
Nicole Riche 001 002 110 - 5

Commonwealth of Isle 101 000 200 - 4
Polkopia 010 051 00X - 7

Churchma 102 211 000 01 - 8
Newmanistan 211 120 000 00 - 7

Silver Beach 001 010 000 - 2
Mytannion 221 221 51X - 16

Group 1             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
Churchma 13 1 114 65 49 Q
Newmanistan 11 3 107 49 58 Q
Mytannion 8 6 92 65 27 Q

Silver Beach 8 6 69 76 -7
Nicole Riche 6 8 69 97 -28
Beaverriver 5 9 57 81 -24
Polkopia 3 11 52 79 -27
Commonwealth of Isles 2 12 62 110 -48

-- Mytannion swept the season series against Silver Beach.

Group 2:
South Bucks           101 030 000 - 5
Darmen 001 121 002 - 7

Saugeais 100 110 202 - 7
Colmark 010 000 010 - 2

Arnett Mead 000 000 021 - 3
Sakurakoku 112 210 00X - 7

Lycrabon 101 111 021 - 8
Michael VII 013 000 000 - 4

Group 2             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
Lycrabon 12 2 98 55 43 Q
Saugeais 12 2 101 61 40 Q
Sakurakoku 10 4 90 56 34 Q

Colmark 7 7 76 66 10
Michael VII 5 9 53 76 -23
Darmen 5 9 64 89 -25
Arnett Mead 3 11 56 94 -38
South Bucks 2 12 64 105 -41

-- Lycrabon swept the season series against Saugeais.
-- Michael VII over Darmen on RD (1-1 H2H)

Group 3:
Bergnovinaia          111 111 010 - 7
Wadomia 101 003 71X - 13

Vitores 000 020 210 - 5
Camerania 002 000 23X - 7

Cassadaigua 500 031 000 - 9
Tocrowkia 000 010 001 - 2

Carasatoga 100 110 100 - 4
Thrilledge 202 000 003 - 7

Group 3             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
Cassadaigua 13 1 101 49 52 Q
Tocrowkia 10 4 107 67 40 Q
Bergnovinaia 8 6 102 93 9 Q

Carasatoga 8 6 92 80 12
Thrilledge 6 8 50 90 -40
Wadomia 5 9 71 86 -15
Vitores 4 10 53 75 -22
Camerania 2 12 64 100 -36

-- Bergnovinaia swept the season series over Carasatoga.

Group 4:
Cosumar               002 100 100 - 4
Swartaz 101 010 002 - 5

Qazox 100 120 003 - 7
Ruadha 101 100 101 - 5

ViZion 010 103 000 - 5
Cabric 011 011 02X - 6

Meddicia 100 100 120 - 5
Southern Canuckland 001 320 20X - 8

Group 4             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
Qazox 12 2 101 65 36 Q
Ruadha 9 5 68 49 19 Q
ViZion 9 5 81 69 12 Q

Cosumar 7 7 76 60 16
Cabric 7 7 79 71 8
Meddicia 5 9 64 85 -21
So. Canuckland 4 10 51 88 -37
Swartaz 3 11 60 93 -33

-- Ruadha over ViZion on overall RD (1-1 H2H)
-- Cosumar swept season series over Cabric.

Group 5:
Aglorea               100 000 020 0 - 3
Delaclava 100 110 000 2 - 5

Quintessence of Dust 045 010 030 - 13
Tarrentum 101 104 000 - 7

The C.S.A. 200 001 120 - 6
Taeshan 150 013 20X - 12

Weegee & Rick Steves 220 310 201 - 11
Camwood 000 032 002 - 7

Group 5             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
Tarrentum 12 2 93 58 35 Q
Quintessence of Dust 9 5 102 64 38 Q
Delaclava 9 5 69 64 5 Q

Taeshan 8 6 74 61 13
Weegee & R. Steves 8 6 77 76 1
Camwood 6 8 70 82 -12
Aglorea 2 12 45 80 -35
The Conf. St. of Amer. 2 12 54 99 -45

-- Quintessence of Dust over Delaclava on overall RD. (H2H split)
-- Taeshan swept season series over Weegee & Rick Steves

Group 6:
The Babbage Islands   000 100 000 - 1
Western Cuba 000 000 000 - 0

Altimarus 020 003 200 - 7
Astonysha 201 010 101 - 6

Chirpland 001 010 101 - 4
Mantwenic 400 201 20X - 9

Okunion 300 210 001 - 7
Ma Raque 001 004 000 - 5

Group 6             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
The Babbage Islands 13 1 89 45 44 Q
Western Cuba 10 4 89 69 20 Q
Mantwenic 9 5 84 71 13 Q

Altimarus 6 8 86 86 0
Chirpland 6 8 88 94 -6
Okunion 5 9 73 90 -17
Astonysha 4 10 72 90 -18
Ma Raque 3 11 72 108 -366

-- Altimarus over Chirpland on overall RD (H2H split)

Group 7:
Chenkorya             100 400 000 02 - 7
Cotdelapoms 102 110 000 00 - 5

Sarzonia 101 110 240 - 10
Dutch East India 000 000 002 - 2

New Palmouth 100 010 000 - 2
Virabia 201 100 10X - 5

Achlaya Santis 010 100 001 - 3
Jimmer Fredette 000 101 002 - 4

Group 7             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
Sarzonia 13 1 119 41 78 Q
Virabia 10 4 99 77 22 Q
Jimmer Fredette 8 6 73 71 2 Q

Cotdelapoms 8 6 86 89 -3
New Palmouth 5 9 72 89 -17
Chenkorya 5 9 63 86 -23
Dutch East India 4 10 51 78 -27
Achlaya Santis 3 11 57 89 -32

-- Jimmer Fredette swept the season series vs. Cotdelapoms.
-- New Palmouth over Chenkorya on overall RD (1-1 Split).

Group 8:
Matting               100 000 000 - 1
Zwangzug 201 320 01X - 9

Syvorji 121 001 110 - 7
Milchama 100 510 10X - 8

Civil Citizenry 100 110 000 - 3
Armorgames 011 000 30X - 5

Sahanaea 000 000 002 - 2
Vantelira 200 010 51X - 9

Group 8             	W	L	RF	RA	RD
Zwangzug 12 2 102 46 56 Q
Milchama 10 4 80 59 21 Q
Civil Citizenry 8 6 71 64 7 Q

Syvorji 7 7 67 62 5
Armorgames 6 8 55 72 -17
Matting 5 9 71 88 -17
Vantelira 5 9 63 80 -17
Sahanaea 3 11 62 100 -38

-- Matting over Vantelira on overall RD (H2H split)
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 am

First Round Byes:
(1) Sarzonia
(2) Cassadaigua
(3) Churchma
(4) The Babbage Islands
(5) Zwangzug
(6) Lycrabon
(7) Tarrentum
(8) Qazox

First Round:
Series A: (9) Saugeais vs (24) Jimmer Fredette @ Putnam Lake
Series B: (10) Newmanistan vs (23) Civil Citizenry @ Tundra Falls
Series C: (11) Tocrowkia vs (22) Bergnovinaia @ Jessicaville
Series D: (12) Virabia vs (21) Mytannion @ Olympia
Series E: (13) Milchama vs (20) Delaclava @ Centralia
Series F: (14) Western Cuba vs (19) ViZion @ Southport
Series G: (15) Quintessence of Dust vs (18) Mantwenic @ Loudon
Series H: (16) Ruadha vs (17) Sakurakoku @ Pocono City

Second Round:
Series I: (1) Sarzonia vs Winner Series H @ Tundra Falls
Series J: (8) Qazox vs Winner Series A @ Pocono City
Series K: (2) Cassadaigua vs Winner Series G @ Jessicaville
Series L: (7) Tarrentum vs Winner Series B @ Southport
Series M: (3) Churchma vs Winner Series F @ Putnam Lake
Series N: (6) Lycrabon vs Winner Series C @ Centralia
Series O: (4) The Babbage Islands vs Winner Series E @ Loudon
Series P: (5) Zwangzug vs WInner Series D @ Olympia

Quarterfinals:
Series Q: Winner Series I vs Winner Series J @ Loudon
Series R: Winner Series K vs Winner Series L @ Tundra Falls
Series S: Winner Series M vs Winner Series N @ Pocono City
Series T: Winner Series O vs Winner Series P @ Southport

Semifinals:
Series U: Winner Series Q vs Winner Series T @ Putnam Lake
Series V: Winner Series R vs Winner Series S @ Jessicaville

3rd Place:
Series W: Loser Series U vs Loser Series V @ Pocono City

CHAMPIONSHIP
Series X: Winner Series U vs Winner V @ Tundra Falls.

All series other then the championship series will be a best-of-three. (Better seed bats in the bottom half in games 1 & 3)
The championship will be a best-of-seven. (Better seed bats in the bottom half in games 1, 2, 5, & 7).
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Syvorji
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Syvorji » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:30 am

Syvorji               121 001 110 - 7
Milchama 100 510 10X - 8

This is the end of the road here. It managed to get into Fourth Place, but either way, we shall try again next year. It sadly lost 7-8, an extremely close score.

The Highlights:

Inning 1 - Home Run
Inning 2 - Syvorjins give the Walk, first, then a home run
Inning 3 - Home Run
Inning 4 - 5 home runs in a row by Milchama
Inning 5 - Home Run by Milchama
Inning 6 - Home Run
Inning 7 - Home Run
Inning 8 - Home Run

With an end, the Syvorjins hope to resume the following year, on WBC20. From, Romeo Juliet, Syvorjin News 24, Newmanistan

Jimmer Fredette
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

We're In The Playoffs!

Postby Jimmer Fredette » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 am

Jimmer Fredette Daily
Sports
By:John Jackson

Code: Select all

Achlaya Santis        010 100 001 - 3
Jimmer Fredette       000 101 002 - 4  WIN:Newby

Larry Newby pitched a great complete game yesterday,that ended in walk-off fashion.Lets bring it to the bottom of the ninth.Yellow Jackets down 4-3.Nick Friday at the plate.Tony Thurman on second base.3-2 count.Here comes the pitch,and OH THAT ONE WAS CRUSHED!HOME RUN!WALK-OFF!NICK FRIDAY!WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!NICKY!That was the call from WBBM Jimmer Range Radio Station.Coach Gillam said he is very proud his team pulled through this.He knew they would find a way,even without Friday.We're off to the playoffs as the last seed,but I don't care.We're in in our first year.The batter of the game,Nick Friday said he is very excited.He never thought he would send this team to the playoffs.We got Saugeais,a very,very tough game,but maybe we can do it.Larry Newby said he didn't have his best game,but Nick gave it to us.I let up that run in the top of the ninth,but Friday came through.The runs now!In the bottom of the fourth,Justin Nelson hit Terry Ceaser home with a single.In the sixth.Jesse Pence hit Paul Sayles home with a double.And of course,in the ninth,a two-run home run for Nick Friday,hitting him and Tony Thurman home.We're in!And remember,LETS GO BEES!
There are three things important in life, family, religion, and the BYU Cougars.
There is nothing good nor bad.Thinking makes it seem so.-William Shakespere

Did not make playoffs in World Bowl 14
6th in Nation States College Football(Brigham Old University)
Did not qualify for Wold Cup 56
Lost in first round of Baptism of Fire 43
3rd place in Baptism of Iron 8
Lost in first round of World Baseball Classic 19
Lost in first round of International Basketball Championship 8
5th place in World Lacrosse Championship 11
1st PLACE IN CEREAL BOWL 1(Spartans)
To come:
Professional Football League
World Bowl 15
World Lacrosse Championships 12
Mcleod Cup 4
Summer X Games 2
6 Summer Olympics
Hopefully Cup of Harmony 48

FOUNDER:The Tennis Championship-Please Join!

Armorgames
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Armorgames » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 am

Civil Citizenry 100 110 000 - 3
Armorgames 011 000 30X - 5

Hello, Malcom Harrison reporting.

Well, the season if officially over. Even with AG's win over the third place team heads are down in the locker room.

AG managed to win this game with three in the 7th but the 6 and 8 record was not enough to get into the playoffs.

The three teams that won the group have been here before. There ranks are 10, 6, and 17. This was a very though division for a new team to go into.

Ray Gibson hit his only homer of the year in the 7th. Ray was named the player of the game because of his three run jack.

This sub-five hundred record is very disappointing after what people thought Armorgames' young team could do. The management of the team declined press conference for any of the players or coaches.

That is all we have to report.

3rd place in 12th World Lacrosse Championships
2nd in the inaugural U-18 IBC.

Ma wiki

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:14 am

The difficult part about winning a championship is figuring out what the team that accomplishes this feat will do for an encore.

For the Sarzonian national baseball team, they very quietly went about their business of showing their championship in their first-ever appearance in the finals was no fluke. All they did was go 13-1, level with Churchma, Cassadaigua and The Babbage Islands for the best mark in the Classic. However, it will be the defending champion Stars who will go in as the number 1 overall seed.

Sarzonia's success on the mound has been well documented. After all, the Stars conceded less than three runs a game. That's runs. Not earned runs. Runs. They allowed the fewest runs of any team in the group stage of the World Baseball Classic.

The success with the starting staff allowed manager Khalil Dennis to keep his bullpen well rested, and the team's first round bye allows him to set his rotation for either Sakurakoku or Ruadha in Tundra Falls.

That rotation will feature ace Brad Baxter pitching Game 1, lefty Chris Carlton dealing in Game 2 and Brian Edwards if there is a Game 3 in the second round.

However, Sarzonia's offence also proved the best in the Classic. As a result, their run differential stood at a dominating plus-78, fully 20 runs better than host nation and four-time champions Newmanistan.

So how did Sarzonia manage a loss to Virabia, anyway?

"Shit happens," said bench coach Geoff Yancey. "That's baseball for you."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Jimmer Fredette
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Jimmer Fredette vs. Saugeais Preview

Postby Jimmer Fredette » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 am

Jimmer Fredette Daily
Sports
By:John Jackson

Rubber Match Up:Jimmer Fredette:Danny Rojas,Saugeais:Kelvin Lane

Lineups:
Jimmer Fredette:
1.Terry Ceaser SS
2.Tony Thurman 2B
3.Nick Friday DH
4.Justin Nelson 1B
5.Paul Sayles C
6.Jesse Pence LF
7.Ronald Reid 3B
8.Walter Humpheries CF
9.Mark Wimberly RF

Saugeais:
Derek Evans - 2B
Michel Pétain - LF
Dick Robinson - C
Jacques Benoit - RF
Shawn Hamilton - DH
Christophe Lind - 1B
Jean-Paul Romero - SS
George Du Bois - CF
Paul Roland - 3B

Skippers:Jimmer Fredette:Scott Gillam,Saigeais:Gregory Hanson

After looking at that,it doesn't look so good.Saugeais is ranked 11 in the world.But,we beat 22,13,and 48.So why not 11?Coach Gillam said he is excited for this match up.We get another chance against the big teams,and maybe we can get a high rank next year.Right now though,I'm focused on the playoffs and Saugeais.Danny Rojas said,he is very excited to be starting in the first playoff game.He is excited about this game and will not step down.Justin Nelson said,he is felling great.He feels like he could hit a couple home runs in this game and hopefully he does.Finally playoffs!Now lets go win in the playoffs.LETS GO BEES!

Predictions:
(9) Saugeais over (24) Jimmer Fredette
(10) Newmanistan over (23) Civil Citizenry
(11) Tocrowkia over (22) Bergnovinaia
(12) Virabia over (21) Mytannion
(13) Milchama loses to (20) Delaclava
(14) Western Cuba loses to (19) ViZion
(15) Quintessence of Dust over (18) Mantwenic
(16) Ruadha loses to (17) Sakurakoku

Sarzonia over Sakurakoku
Saugeais over Qazox
The Babbage Islands over Delaclava
Zwangzug over Virabia
Churchma over ViZion
Lycrabon over Tocrowkia
Cassadaigua over Quintessence of Dust
Tarrentum over Newmanistan

Sarzonia over Saugeais
Zwangzug over The Babbage Islands
Churchma over Lycrabon
Tarrentum over Cassadaigua

Tarrentum over Churchma
Sarzonia over Zwangzug

Zwangzug over Churchma

Tarrentum over Sarzonia
Last edited by Jimmer Fredette on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are three things important in life, family, religion, and the BYU Cougars.
There is nothing good nor bad.Thinking makes it seem so.-William Shakespere

Did not make playoffs in World Bowl 14
6th in Nation States College Football(Brigham Old University)
Did not qualify for Wold Cup 56
Lost in first round of Baptism of Fire 43
3rd place in Baptism of Iron 8
Lost in first round of World Baseball Classic 19
Lost in first round of International Basketball Championship 8
5th place in World Lacrosse Championship 11
1st PLACE IN CEREAL BOWL 1(Spartans)
To come:
Professional Football League
World Bowl 15
World Lacrosse Championships 12
Mcleod Cup 4
Summer X Games 2
6 Summer Olympics
Hopefully Cup of Harmony 48

FOUNDER:The Tennis Championship-Please Join!

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 am

National Journal
Saugeais win not enough for first round bye
The Rangers will face Jimmer Fredette in the playoffs

The Rangers of Saugeais completed a very strong group stage today, defeated Colmark by the score of 7-2. Franklin Nopro, the surprise rookie of the national team, pitched 7 solid innings giving up only one run while fanning 7 batters. Christophe Lind helped the offensive side with a solo homerun in the 4th inning, but it wasn't until the late inning where Saugeais shined, scoring 4 runs after the 7th inning. While the win was helpful in the standings, it was not enough to grant Saugeais a first round bye in the playoffs, as Lycrabon, the only team to beat us, took the top spot even though they share the same record.

"Our season is far from over," said manager Greg Hanson. "The playoffs are starting up, and we are in the first round. We can't quit now, especially since we have been hitting our stride all Classic. In our two defeats, we still managed to score more than 5 runs each game, so I have full confidence in my team." Saugeais will be facing Jimmer Fredette in the first round. The Bees managed to squeak into the third place spot by sweeping the series against Cotdelapoms and amassing an 8-6 record in the group stage. Sending out Kelvin Lane tomorrow, and the ace Claude Gagné the next day, this should be a series that the Rangers will sweep.

Saugeais              100 110 202 - 7
Colmark 010 000 010 - 2

Batting
Player                      AVG   AB   R    H     RBI    BB    SO
Derek Evans (2B) .379 5 2 3 0 0 1
Michel Pétain (LF) .311 5 1 1 0 0 0
Dick Robinson (C) .361 4 2 2 1 1 1
Jacques Benoit (RF) .429 5 1 3 3 0 1
Christophe Lind (1B) .436 5 1 2 3 0 0
Jean-Paul Romero (SS) .327 4 0 1 0 1 0
Aaron Dairon (CF) .354 4 0 0 0 0 1
Paul Roland (3B) .388 4 0 2 0 0 1
Franklin Nopro (P) .200 3 0 1 0 0 0
Shaun Fournier (P) .000 0 0 0 0 0 0
Steven Richardson (P) .000 1 0 0 0 0 0

Totals: .375 40 7 15 7 3 5

2B- Evans, 1 (3 total); Benoit, 1 (7 total)
3B- none
HR- Lind (2, 4th inning, no on, no out)
SB- Evans (4, 1st inning)
GIDP - Saugeais 2

Pitching
Player                    ERA     IP      H     R    ER      BB     SO
Franklin Nopro(W, 2-0) 2.66 7.0 5 1 1 2 7
Shaun Fournier 1.26 1.0 3 1 1 0 0
Steven Richardson 2.57 1.0 1 0 0 1 0
Last edited by Saugeais on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Sakurakoku
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sakurakoku » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:36 am

A Look Ahead: Sakurakoku vs. Ruadha

The Metal Wolves finished group play with a strong 7-3 win at home over Arnett Mead, with Shizuru Yoshino tossing seven shutout innings to lead the way. Now, the Wolves enter the knockout stages of the World Baseball Classic for the first time as the highest-ranked of the third-place teams. The first test for Sakurakoku are the Passionate Redheads of Ruadha, an all-female team who were able to earn second place in Group 4 in their first appearance at the WBC. Because of their second-place finish, the Redheads will have home-field advantage in Game 1 and, if necessary, Game 3 of the best-of-three series despite a worse record in group play (9-5 to 10-4). The lack of home-field advantage in their match up does not seem to have deterred bookmakers in Yuukihama, however - Zhang's Casino, the biggest sports bookie in Yuukihama (and, by extension, all of Sakurakoku), is offering 5:6 odds on the Wolves to advance to the next round. The odds of the Wolves winning the championship, though, remain a long 60:1, likely because the winner of this series will play a rested number one seed in Sarzonia, whom the Wolves have not had great experiences with on the field.

Projected Starters: (all games at Empress Jessica Stadium, Pocono City)
Game 1 (7/7): Keiichi Okazaki (1-0) vs. Sally O'Gallagher (2-2)
Game 2 (7/8): Morag O'Monahan (1-0) vs. Taro Izumi (1-2)
Game 3 (7/9, if necessary): Juntaro Ikeda (3-0) vs. Olibhia MacNamara (2-1)

Match-ups:

Pitching: With only nine total pitchers on their staff (four starters and five relievers) compared to Sakurakoku's thirteen (five and eight, respectively), quantity would suggest that the Wolves would have the advantage by virtue of reserves. However, the Wolves' pitching has been inconsistent at times, especially the bullpen. A worrying weakness for Sakurakoku is the question over how to reliably bridge the gap from a quality start from their starters to shutdown closer Natsuki Minamoto - she's only had one save opportunity all tournament, the 12-inning win over Darmen back on Gameday 10. The Redheads, on the other hand, really have five starters available, with lefty reliever (and blogger) Brigid Gow showing that she can start as well, tossing six hitless innings in Ruadha's 11-0 crushing of Swartaz when Morag O'Monahan was unable to start. Ruadha's starters have averaged more than an inning more in their starts than Sakurakoku's, so if Wolves manager Hayato Kojima reverts back to his old habit of pulling his starters at the slightest hint of trouble, they will need to step up. Advantage: Ruadha

Batting: Kojima's decision to adopt the DH for Sakurakoku has paid dividends so far - the Wolves have averaged 6.4 runs a game this tournament compared with 4.9 in WBC 18. Having four big bats going 3-4-5-6 in Kei Maebara, Toya Kaneda, Genji Furukawa, and Mio Yamagishi that are a threat to go yard every time they come to the plate has been a boon for the offense. Daisuke Taguchi, Minoru Shiraishi, and Satoshi Takeda can also find the gaps in the field and are aggressive base-runners. The Redheads may not have as many big bats, but Metal Wolves pitchers have to bring their best stuff against Jean Rose and Sheena Redmond to avoid falling into early holes. Catcher Hideo Uehara will also have to pay attention if Martha Elder gets on base - she put her wheels on display with an inside-the-park homer against Cabric on Gameday 11. Advantage: Sakurakoku

Defense: The Wolves' fielding has improved greatly from the last tournaments, although uncharacteristic errors by Satoshi Takeda have drawn some concern in the middle of the infield. The outfielders have made tough running catches when needed, especially by Yamagishi in left field, who has proven to be a big step up defensively compared to Kei Maebara. Redhead defense has been solid all tournament if not spectacular. Advantage: Sakurakoku

Bench: With only three bench players on their roster, Ruadha does not have a great number of options for situational substitutions and none of them have seen significant playing time as Redheads manager Caitríona Fotheringham seems to favor sticking with her starters unless an injury occurs. Sakurakoku, on the other hand, not only has four players on the bench but all of them can contribute in multiple ways - Ryu Takamori can jump in for Uehara if the Wolves need runs, Junichiro Mori can replace one of the outfielders for a better glove and strong arm to protect a lead, Kenji Momose can sub in for any infielder, and Azusa Uemura is the fastest runner on the team (her uncanny ability to take off suddenly as well as sneak under tags like a cat have earned her the playful nickname of "Azunyan"). Advantage: Sakurakoku

Coaching: Kojima is a seasoned veteran of baseball and will make sure his Wolves team is ready to play. He is making a noticeable effort to put more trust in his pitchers on the mound, especially evident in the second half of group play in this tournament, but with elimination now much closer and every decision critical, it will be interesting to see if Kojima gets flighty. Fotheringham may be new to the top level of international baseball competition, but her decision to start Gow when O'Monahan could not go led to Ruadha's most lopsided win in their tournament. That has to count for something. Advantage: Even
Last edited by Sakurakoku on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WBC: 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26.
WB: 14 (BOI 8), 15
WCoH: 15

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 am

The Bergnovinaian Home Plate

An Affiliate of the Bergnovinaian Sports Radio Network (BSRN)

July 6th, 2011

Bergnovinaia Loses to Wadomia--Manages to Narrowly Qualify for Elimination Round

Bergnovinaia          111 111 010 - 7
Wadomia 101 003 71X - 13

NEWMINISTAN, WBC19--Even despite a disapointing 7-13 loss to the baseball team from Wadomia, the Bergnovinaian Bucks have managed to earn the third and final qualification slot in group 3, pushing the team from Carasatoga right out of the competition. Despite and third inning 3-2 lead, and maintaing a 6-5 lead in the sixth inning, the Bergnovinaian pitching staff failed to control a seeminly unstoppable rally in the seventh inning where Wadomia scored 7 runs, changing the score to a 6-12 losing margin. The Bucks and the Wadomian team managed to both earn another run, finalzing the score at a disappointing 7-13 loss. After the game, the loss was entirely blamed on the pitching staff by the coaches, calling it "entirely a failure by the pitchers" when "the batters put on a spectacular and consistant performance."

Despite the loss to Wadomia in the last three innings, Bergnovinaia managed to qualify for the knockout rounds in the WBC19. Since the Carasatogan team lost 4-7 to Thrilledge and Bergnovinaia swept the season series over Carasatoga, the Bucks were able so sneak into the third and final qualification slot. Bergnovinaia will face Tocrowkia in the first round at Jessicaville. The Bucks are unsure of how they will do against the second slot qualifier in group 3 because they faced them in the group stage, and both times, things did not go well. Bucks fans and the team itself are optimistic for a win over Tocrowkia, but they realize that downing the 11th seed will be tough. If Bergnovinaia wins series C, they will face Lycrabon, the #6 seed.

With the advancement of the team into the group stage, the Bucks have released an official roster with all of the starters and subs:

Starting Pitchers (3):
Issac Blanchard
Randy Horn
Davis Johnson

Relief Pitchers (6):
Hugh Rexford
Matthew Warthen
Kelly Macmaster
Jamie Yoakum
Lonnie Goldin
Tyrone Leonardi

Catchers (2):
Darryl Diers--Starting Catcher
Nelson Dinwiddie--Sub

First Basemen (2):
Guy Swindoll--Starter
Lonnie Charpentier--Sub

Second Basemen (2):
Alan Frisbee--Starter
Clayton Vrabel--Sub

Shortstops (2):
Christian Lintz--Starter
Kurt Kerfoot--Sub

Third Basemen (2):
Ted Capozzoli--Starter
Clinton Lafollette--Sub

Leftfielders (2):
Kendrick Howden--Starter
Moses Smid--Sub

Centerfielders (2):
Darius Down--Starter
Rod Mertins--Sub

Rightfielders (2):
Raphael Spenner--Starter
Marcel Naman--Sub

Designated Hitters (3):
Quinton Prinzivalli
Robert Stacks
Fidel Lofaso

Choose my runscorers: Y
Choose my lineup: N
Follow my Pitching Rotation: N
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y (Nothing that will put them out of the WBC please!!!)
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Eject my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
Last edited by Bergnovinaia on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Cabric
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabric » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:25 pm

ViZion                010 103 000 - 5
Cabric 011 011 02X - 6

Game 14 v. ViZion.

A 1-7 record against the top 4 teams in the group doomed Cabric to a 5th place finish at the WBC. Overall this team underperformed as compared to their debut 2 years ago. But the team does have great talent, and at WBC 20, if the Caribou can find some decent pitching, maybe they'll finally break into the playoffs.

CABRIC'S STATS:
Valki 5.2 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 5 R, 4 K, 3 BB (77 pitches, 50 strikes)
Plantier: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB (25 pitches, 16 strikes)
Nance W (1-0): 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 R, 1 K, 0 BB (16 pitches, 11 strikes)
Cabric (Sv. 2) 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 R, 2 K, 0 BB (11 pitches, 9 strikes)

2B: Bannon (5), Veldt (2), Merloni (4)
3B: none
HR: Finn (5) (1 on, 2 out off of Krol in 8th)
RBI: Finn 2 (17), Veldt (15), Merloni (4), Sun (8), Bannon (2)
Sac: none
SF: none
SB: none
CS: none

Time: 2:52
Attendence: 23,700
Please attempt NOT to spell my name: CARBIC, CARBON, CRABIC or CARBRICK; and I will attempt to spell your name correctly. Wikipage

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 pm

ROAD TO NEWMANISTAN TM

LINE SCORE
Qazox  100 120 003 - 7
Ruadha 101 100 101 - 5

With both teams in the playoffs,
both sides played the castoffs.
The reserves or the bench,
despite this, the game didn't have a stench.

Qazox started Jerri Werth,
looking to assure a starter's berth.
Raudha, started MacColgan, we believe
and the Eagles had a rooter named Steve.

Pitching dueled early on in the game,
Qazox scored then Ruadha did the same.
The Redheads took the lead in the third,
as Chuck bath bobbled the ball like a turd.

But the Eagles came back up to bat,
and scored a run just like that.
But the home team wasn't done,
as in their half they took the lead by one.

But the bats were now awoke,
Qazox took the lead again on Herrera's poke.
The lead stayed a four to three,
as Werth was pitching sturdy as a tree.

But the relief came in the game,
and Raudha scored off of what's-her-name?
Iya! That''s who gave up the tying run,
But this tied game wasn't quite done.

Dearbhla Blake came in, tied up at four-all,
Mandy Brady had the big hit, a double off of the wall.
Her hit broke the game open,
while in the home dugout they were mopin'.

Now with Qazox leading seven-to-four,
Robert Toddaken came in to shut the door.
But we were all in for a suprise,
as he hit Martha Elder on one of her thighs.

Elder stared down Robert as she went to first,
the umpire came out expecting the worst.
But nothing but words came through,
and Toddaken got ready for batter number two.

Rose struck out swinging a big swing,
and it looked like Tokadden was doing his thing.
But a double by Sheena Redmond,
brought his scoreless streak to an end.

Now trailing by the score of seven to five,
Ruadha's chances seemed never more alive.
But Robert's our best ever closer,
two batters later, guess what? It was over.

Now the focus is on the next round,
and in Game one Michael Hunter will take the mound.
But we don't know who we'll face yet,
but it will be either Saugeais or Jimmer Fredette.

Can't look ahead just too far, you people in bars
But there's the potential for us to face the Stars.
A nation with relationships that are strained,
and the hatred between us two is almost ingrained.

If we beat the defending champ,
a trip to the semis we'd stamp.
These playoffs will be frenzied,
but if we can win it all, we'll be envied.

Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Could it get any tougher?

The Citiz opened its second World Baseball Classic appearance with a challenging group led by top ten stalwarts Milchama and Zwangzug. Upstarts like Syvorji and Armorgames threatened to knock the team from the playoffs.

Minus a few poorly-played losses - which manager Eltanu Ganaron deemed "the team just trying to get comfortable with each other" - Civil Citizenry was able to secure the third and final playoff berth from Group 8. They were disappointed to hear the Newmanistanian playoff draw: seeded 23rd out of 24, the Citiz will play the first round against Newmanistan, the world number two and the hosts of the tournament.

"It's frustrating," said shorstop Karu Nigano. "Do we want to be playing Newmanistan in Newmanistan? That's a bum deal, man. But we just gotta bear with it."

Ganaron reminded reporters that in the previous WBC, the Citiz nearly eliminated Tarrentum, then-number two and eventual world champions. In fact, they only lost on a last-inning run allowed by Fizzal Maviching in the series' rubber game. "Now we have a lot more experience, you know, we get what it's like to be here," said Ganaron.

Irony should not be lost in the fact that the Civil Citizenry-Newmanistan victor will match up against none other than Tarrentum. In the Cassadaigua WBC, Tarrentum's elimination of the Citiz earned them a quarterfinal series against then-number one Newmanistan. The odds of the same three teams duking it out for one quarterfinal spot are slim to none.

"Well, color me magenta," guffawed Maviching. Displaying no signs of emotional residue from the heartbreaking loss to Tarrentum, Maviching was affable in discussing the situation with the press. "Who woulda believed we'd be back here again? Heyll, we nearly beat them Tarrentum, and damn me if we can't beat Newmanistan too."

The Civil Citizenry squad is particularly eager to challenge the defending champions. Not only did they suffer that tear-inducing defeat in Cassadaigua, they also lost by one run in the last game of a separate series against Tarrentum. And not just any series: the finals of the Baseball Q.U.E.S.T., a grueling tournament in Qazox that the Citiz rolled through right up until the championship rubber, where they were narrowly overtaken by the world champions.

"Look, you can analyze it every which way, as I'm sure you writers and fact-checker stat guys will," said Ganaron. "In the end, we have some baseball to play. We've suffered some hard losses, but we are this close - this close - to breaking into that upper echelon of the world's best. I tell you, we deserve it, and I tell you, we'll get it this time."

One factor that cannot be overlooked is the home advantage Newmanistan will have. The Rockets will benefit from the support of a rabid Tundra Falls crowd. Playing at the famed Proving Grounds - a massive multi-sport complex located in the middle of a three-and-a-half-mile racetrack - the Citiz must contend with a contingent of 55,000-strong, along with a mega-short right field porch 257 feet from home plate.

Darg Divace, the staff ace, pitching on three days' rest, says the porch won't play much of a factor. "We've played in some quirky stadiums before," he said. "I think we've got some more pressing issues at hand. Like beating Newmanistan."
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Sarzonia third baseman Kate Schmidt and her Stars teammates may have escaped controversy in this World Baseball Classic by their sheer dominance of the group stage, but her boyfriend certainly is no stranger to controversy.

For anyone not keeping up, Sarzonia's ice hockey goalie Matt Peterson is known for being blunt, but he was in rare form when he read a media report by Civil Citizenry.

"They claim Tarrentum won the World Baseball Classic," he said. "Obviously no one over there gives a fuck about fact-checking or accuracy in reporting. Either that or they deliberately have their heads in their asses."

Shortstop Chris Spontanelli was more diplomatic, but he, too, expressed frustration over Civil Citizenry's media reports.

"We defeated Tarrentum in that World Baseball Classic," he said. "Newmanistan came from three games to none down to win the title against them. Since when did they win a world championship?"

The Stars have a few extra days to rest, but reporter Travis West, normally assigned to cover the football team, may receive an escort from Peterson and one or two of Sarzonia's more burly baseball -- and gridball -- players to remind Civil Citizenry media of their obligation to report facts more accurately.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports