NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Tue May 21, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm nitpicking here, but it should say "6 abstentions registered" instead of "6 abstains registered".
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

[Insert personal information]

The Treorai
Senator

Founded: Jul 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Tue May 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Last edited by The Treorai on Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Silent Majority
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silent Majority » Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Nay on SLA
“It is the ultimate irony of history that radical individualism serves as the ideological justification of the unconstrained power of what the large majority of individuals experience as a vast anonymous power, which, without any democratic public control, regulates their lives.”
― Slavoj Žižek

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Greater Pokarnia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Pokarnia » Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:Suggestions for other omnibus bills:

Since the Universal Healthcare Act [Modified] and the Public Education Act both deal with government-run services available to the public, I motion they be ommnibussed into the Public Services Act.

As the Electricity Production Act and Energy for the Future Act both deal with the environmental safety and sustainability of our nation's energy supply, I motion they be omnibussed into the Energy Production Act.

I proposed this a while back and it got as far as getting sixthed. I'm not sure how many approvals are necessary to make an omnibus bill, however.
First Deputy Secretary of the Communist Party and Minister of Education of the NSG Senate, representing Constituency 316.

[Insert personal information]

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Tue May 21, 2013 3:47 pm

GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Dumb Ideologies wrote:It's a situation intrinsic to the committed ideologue. Whenever one makes a counter-argument the goalposts seem not only to move in two dimensions but also float several hundred thousand miles above the pitch whilst wearing cast-iron earplugs.

Rainbows and Rivers wrote:Dictators blaming America for all their problems? That's new.

Caninope wrote:If I think in my mind that the book sitting in front of me is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it is in fact Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, then it doesn't make me any more objectively correct.

Chestaan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chestaan » Tue May 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Oh great, this damn bill again. Can we please stop trying to pass the SLA? It's just wasting time which could be used for much more important legislation.

NAY on the SLA.
Council Communist
TG me if you want to chat, especially about economics, you can never have enough discussions on economics.Especially game theory :)
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

Getting the Guillotine

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Tue May 21, 2013 3:50 pm

A Strong NAY on the SLA.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Yanalia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yanalia » Tue May 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Greater Pokarnia wrote:
Greater Pokarnia wrote:Suggestions for other omnibus bills:

Since the Universal Healthcare Act [Modified] and the Public Education Act both deal with government-run services available to the public, I motion they be ommnibussed into the Public Services Act.

As the Electricity Production Act and Energy for the Future Act both deal with the environmental safety and sustainability of our nation's energy supply, I motion they be omnibussed into the Energy Production Act.

I proposed this a while back and it got as far as getting sixthed. I'm not sure how many approvals are necessary to make an omnibus bill, however.

It's seventhed and admin approval, I think.
Economic Left/Right: -9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

Free South Califas wrote:Dammit Byzantium, stop spraying your ignorance on everyone.

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Tue May 21, 2013 3:56 pm

A booming Brian Blessed style NO! for the SLA.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm

The SLA?

No.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Current Vote Tally of the SLA:

Yea: 1 (4%)
Nay: 24 (96%)

Total votes: 25

6 Abstentions registered

The voting period will end May 23 at 12:32 PM EDT.
Last edited by Othelos on Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue May 21, 2013 4:36 pm

The Treorai wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:
What happened to all those paramilitary bills that were kicking around? I'm fairly certain a few of those got fifthed---were they withdrawn?

Links please?

Here.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Tue May 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
The Treorai wrote:Links please?

Here.

Links from someone I don't despise?
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue May 21, 2013 4:37 pm

I vote for the SLA and express my intense amazement that such a stupid mistake is being made again by the senators that voted against it.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Tue May 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:I vote for the SLA and express my intense amazement that such a stupid mistake is being made again by the senators that voted against it.

I change my vote to nay.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue May 21, 2013 4:39 pm

The Treorai wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:
Here.

Links from someone I don't despise?

Don't be immature about this and add it to the damned queue. Or I will seek disciplinary action.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

Evraim
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Evraim » Tue May 21, 2013 4:39 pm

What happened to the Provisional Criminal Code? You know, the resolution that criminalized murder while we worked on actually passing laws that focused on a comprehensive penal code and code of criminal justice?

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
The Treorai wrote:Links from someone I don't despise?

Don't be immature about this and add it to the damned queue. Or I will seek disciplinary action.

Hmmm... Links from someone I don't despise?
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm

The Treorai wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:

Both of you, knock it off.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue May 21, 2013 4:42 pm

The Treorai wrote:
Costa Alegria wrote:

Just add it to the queue. My patience is growing thin. Do your damned job or you will face action.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Tue May 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Regnum Dominae wrote:
The Treorai wrote:Hmmm... Links from someone I don't despise?

Both of you, knock it off.

Ohhhh! So he is allowed to imply that I am gay, but I can't say that I despise him? This makes perfect sense! Thank you, always so dependable administrative staff.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

The Treorai
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Treorai » Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
The Treorai wrote:Hmmm... Links from someone I don't despise?

Just add it to the queue. My patience is growing thin. Do your damned job or you will face action.

Do something then.
GOD-KING OF ABRASIVENESS

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

The Treorai wrote:
Regnum Dominae wrote:Both of you, knock it off.

Ohhhh! So he is allowed to imply that I am gay, but I can't say that I despise him? This makes perfect sense! Thank you, always so dependable administrative staff.

That's why I said "both of you".

Two wrongs don't make a right, and seriously, you both need to calm down.
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:
The Treorai wrote:Links from someone I don't despise?

He's not an official queue maker, he can stop doing the queue whenever he wants or he can do whatever he wants with it.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives