NATION

PASSWORD

How can you not be christian?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lockion
Envoy

Founded: Jun 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockion » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:16 pm

It is my right to not be Christian (or whatever). I made this choice.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Emothica wrote:dude, I'm not such a storng beliver in Chirstinanty (because, dad's Catholic, mom's Prostant, they've fighting over what type of chirstain eversince I have been born, yeah you get the idea,) ,I do think that Atheists can get a little annoying sometimes but they have chose that path for them because it is easier for them. You can't force some one to belive in God if they don't want to, cause it's their choice. Like the Muslims in Turkey can't force the Armanins to be Muslim or Jews to force thier religion (Iseral) to the Muslims. Catholics can't force everyone to be Catholic or in the case in North Ireland Prostants forceing Catholics to be Prostant. We can't force people to do or to belivie in the same thing as you do. As for the Anti-Chirst, I have no idea who he is, but he's (or she) is powerful. Obama seems like a good canitde (since he's in charge of America, does not like Iseral and he's a socailist) but a cording to the Bible (he's not it). Here's what some other people belive:
1. Osama Bin Liden- he took down the twin towers, head of a terriost orgniztion, and named best hide-and-go-seek player in the world (sorry Waldo) since nobody could find him.

2. Kim JJong II- the dictor of North Korea. Likes to play with nuclear weopons.

3. Prince William of England- ????. Related to King Author. The rest I have abostly no idea.

4. Miley Cyrus- as Hannah Mountina, she eslaves the mines of younge girls and force parents out of thier money inorder for Disney to rule the world.

5. The Mall Goth in Your Class- worshops Satan and Chirstmas Creaters. Writes 666 all over himself. Has percings and gets in trouble alot.

so what's you'r pick?

Number 4
Seperates wrote: I take no sides but I throw the punchs. In the drunken brawl that is religious debate I 'm the bartender, knocking out those who come to me, and taking tabs on all the damage you've caused.

If I put stuf in my Sig that would totaly go there.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Emothica wrote:dude, I'm not such a storng beliver in Chirstinanty (because, dad's Catholic, mom's Prostant, they've fighting over what type of chirstain eversince I have been born, yeah you get the idea,) ,I do think that Atheists can get a little annoying sometimes but they have chose that path for them because it is easier for them. You can't force some one to belive in God if they don't want to, cause it's their choice. Like the Muslims in Turkey can't force the Armanins to be Muslim or Jews to force thier religion (Iseral) to the Muslims. Catholics can't force everyone to be Catholic or in the case in North Ireland Prostants forceing Catholics to be Prostant. We can't force people to do or to belivie in the same thing as you do. As for the Anti-Chirst, I have no idea who he is, but he's (or she) is powerful. Obama seems like a good canitde (since he's in charge of America, does not like Iseral and he's a socailist) but a cording to the Bible (he's not it). Here's what some other people belive:
1. Osama Bin Liden- he took down the twin towers, head of a terriost orgniztion, and named best hide-and-go-seek player in the world (sorry Waldo) since nobody could find him.

2. Kim JJong II- the dictor of North Korea. Likes to play with nuclear weopons.

3. Prince William of England- ????. Related to King Author. The rest I have abostly no idea.

4. Miley Cyrus- as Hannah Mountina, she eslaves the mines of younge girls and force parents out of thier money inorder for Disney to rule the world.

5. The Mall Goth in Your Class- worshops Satan and Chirstmas Creaters. Writes 666 all over himself. Has percings and gets in trouble alot.

so what's you'r pick?

Wut?
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Iviria
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Iviria » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm

To: any Christian out there,

I have a question for you. Is Christ the son of Joseph, or is he the son of God? Really think about your answer, then get back to me for another question. Thank you.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Iviria wrote:To: any Christian out there,

I have a question for you. Is Christ the son of Joseph, or is he the son of God? Really think about your answer, then get back to me for another question. Thank you.

He was conceived by God, but raised by Joseph.
I'm the Pope

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p

Iviria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Iviria » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Caninope wrote:

So he is the son of God? So then if Joseph is a descendant of king David, but Jesus isn't the son of Joseph, that means Jesus isn't of David's line of descent, right?

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Iviria wrote:
Caninope wrote:

So he is the son of God? So then if Joseph is a descendant of king David, but Jesus isn't the son of Joseph, that means Jesus isn't of David's line of descent, right?

But there are two lineages listed in the gospels. One is supposed to be Joseph's, and the other is supposed to belong to Mary.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Iviria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Iviria » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Caninope wrote:
Iviria wrote:
Caninope wrote:

But there are two lineages listed in the gospels. One is supposed to be Joseph's, and the other is supposed to belong to Mary.

Would you please refer me to the passage that traces Mary's heritage back to King David?

Dr Who not Daleks
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr Who not Daleks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:37 pm

There is no reliable proof that Jesus ever existed. Your fairy tale is laughable.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Iviria wrote:
Caninope wrote:
Iviria wrote:
Caninope wrote:

Would you please refer me to the passage that traces Mary's heritage back to King David?

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-t ... incorrect/

Explains it very well.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Emothica wrote:I do think that Atheists can get a little annoying sometimes but they have chose that path for them because it is easier for them.

Because the ideas that we aren't important and that there is no inherent purpose to our existence and that the universe wasn't created for us and that there isn't anyone out there that will automatically forgive all of our transgressions and look out for our best interest even when everyone else has abandoned us and that there isn't anything after one dies are certainly immensly comforting and make life much, much easier.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Dr Who not Daleks
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr Who not Daleks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:
Emothica wrote:I do think that Atheists can get a little annoying sometimes but they have chose that path for them because it is easier for them.

Because the ideas that we aren't important and that there is no inherent purpose to our existence and that the universe wasn't created for us and that there isn't anyone out there that will automatically forgive all of our transgressions and look out for our best interest even when everyone else has abandoned us and that there isn't anything after one dies are certainly immensly comforting and make life much, much easier.

You forgot that an atheist's explanation for "why we are here" involves quantum theory, not fairy tales.

Lovable Weirdos
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lovable Weirdos » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Because to me, God is the Spirit of All, an intangible creature who is in all of us and everything on this plane that exists or will ever exist or has ever existed. What use is it to worship a 'God' that isn't anything like that, and is indeed oppresive?
On hiatus from these forums until 2012. Can still be contacted via telegram.

Panzerjaeger wrote:We have Hitler! Greatest Liberal Ever!

Assassinistan wrote:Does speed make you faster?

New Amerik wrote:So I'm scrolling the Internet, and it's three in the morning, and I see flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag,flag, flag, and then BAM! A HORSE! And I go, "Holy Christ! That person's some kind of weirdo!"

Old Erisia wrote:wait... so its NOT normal to fire calcium carbonate hormone-filled darts into your prospective mates??

Kirklington
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirklington » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:07 pm

For one thing, why don't you learn to spell, it will make you look a lot more intelligent.
Also I'm Atheist.
And the reason I am is because there is just so much rubbish in Christianity. For one thing, why does God want money?
A lady told me she gave her church $20, because she claimed "that's how much she trusts God".
After church, a guy gave her $40, out of nowhere. When really it was just a mere coincidence.
And all that demon and ghost crap is just figments of their imagination.
May I add I really don't give a shit if I'm told I'm going to go to hell, because guess what? All we do when we die is rot in the fucking ground.
Economic Left/Right: 4.09
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.49

Phoenix Fyrewolf
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenix Fyrewolf » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:12 pm

How can you be a "Christian" and sit idly by while people spoon feed "truth" into your head without regard to where it came from?
and if you are a real Christian you wouldn't be asking how people can not be Christian...

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Caninope wrote:
Iviria wrote:
Caninope wrote:

Both of them say quite explicitly that they are tracing through Joseph. The excuse that one of them is tracing through is just that, an excuse.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Kushtor
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kushtor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:58 am

I can easily not be Christian because I respect other forms of life, not just (a tiny fraction of) my own species, and I believe strongly in the merits of observation and objective reasoning.
- Rights and freedoms are only as good as what you do with them.
-Better to be a parasitic looter than a malignant narcissist.
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59
Patriotic Social Democrat
Nationalistic(4%) Secular(64%) Visionary(27%) Anarchistic(20%) Communistic(9%) Pacifist(7%) Ecological(26%)
'Post-Modern'

Argonius
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Argonius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:08 am

Watch this.
Last edited by Argonius on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laissez-faire chers amis, laissez-faire.
Big Achievement for Small Country.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn6/ ... Market.jpg
In the Beginning of The Road to Possessing The Strongest Economy in Europe
The Colony of Licentia Trade Company

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:10 am

Argonius wrote:Watch this.

No, thanks. There's a farm not far away from which I can get much better quality bullshit that I can actually use to grow something productive.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:13 am

Emothica wrote:I do think that Atheists can get a little annoying sometimes but they have chose that path for them because it is easier for them

Fail
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:31 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Emothica wrote:I do think that Atheists can get a little annoying sometimes but they have chose that path for them because it is easier for them

Fail

The whole post was made of fail. "King Author"? :o
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:40 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:

Fail

The whole post was made of fail. "King Author"? :o

TBH I really didn't get any farther than that...
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Meldaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meldaria » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 pm

This forum is a fail...
The Aryan Nationalist Party of Meldaria
Fascist Imperialist Union
All my comrades join me here today!
Extended Factbook
Democracy has failed. Return to the fascist ways!
FIU Map
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 [1]

Treznor
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Treznor » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Meldaria wrote:This forum is a fail...

Well, this thread is anyway. Doomed from the start, I dare say.

Meldaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meldaria » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Treznor wrote:
Meldaria wrote:This forum is a fail...

Well, this thread is anyway. Doomed from the start, I dare say.

This website is a fail... at this point.
The Aryan Nationalist Party of Meldaria
Fascist Imperialist Union
All my comrades join me here today!
Extended Factbook
Democracy has failed. Return to the fascist ways!
FIU Map
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 [1]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General