NATION

PASSWORD

Ban the Burqa?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What are your opinions on a Burqa ban?

I support it.
32%
I'm opposed to it.
56%
*Rambles inanely about the Paris Commune*
12%

Total votes : 305

Pan-America under the United States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Pan-America under the United States wrote:Your point was "it was 50% worse" so how exactly would that be comparable? Surely, you can't say that Motorcycle helmets can be grouped with balaclavas and Burqas.

The whole security argument lies on the assumption that someone can hide their identity and commit a crime with a burqa. The same can be said about a motorcycle helmet and a balaclava.

See: "A motorcycle helmet is for protection. That's the sole reason, you don't see people walking around with motorcycle helmets on."

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Pan-America under the United States wrote:
Ardoki wrote:The whole security argument lies on the assumption that someone can hide their identity and commit a crime with a burqa. The same can be said about a motorcycle helmet and a balaclava.

See: "A motorcycle helmet is for protection. That's the sole reason, you don't see people walking around with motorcycle helmets on."

They can be used to commit crimes though and conceal your identity , that is why banks prohibit the wearing of them inside the building.

You do know that is is possible for an object to be used for more than its sole intended use?
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Archeuland and Baughistan
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:
Jews and Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants - we all follow the same great God, and we all make this nation a great place to live. I have no issue with any of them.

Muslims also worship the same god.

Neither Christians nor Jews recognize the legitimacy of Islam's deity. We don't count them as one of us. They do not count us as one of them, either. It is best that we remain separate. We don't want them in our culture, and they do not want us - the "great Satan", as they like to call us - in their culture.
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
Learn more about the true history of the world here.
You must be born again? What does that mean?
Islam, the religion of peace? What does history tell us?
The Israelites were "genocidal"? No they weren't!
Agenda 21 map - it affects us all!
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!
Proud Foreign Minister of the Christian Liberty Alliance

☩Founder of the Alliance of Protestant Nations - Join today! Learn more here

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Ardoki wrote:Muslims also worship the same god.

Neither Christians nor Jews recognize the legitimacy of Islam's deity. We don't count them as one of us. They do not count us as one of them, either. It is best that we remain separate. We don't want them in our culture, and they do not want us - the "great Satan", as they like to call us - in their culture.

It is a fact that you all worship the same god. Just because you refuse to recognise that fact, does not invalidate it.

P.S. A lot of Jews don't recognise christians as worshipping the right god.
Last edited by Ardoki on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Abrahamic religions, A&B.

The Confederacy of Nationalism
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Confederacy of Nationalism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Well, Jews believe your beloved Jesus was a false messiah, how is that any different?
Keep right -->
Don't give in to degeneracy,

My honor, my dignity, my pride above my life. No regrets.
American Ultranationalist
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire / "If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it!" - Adolf Hitler
Resident Social Darwinist

Theistic Satanism
Envoy

Founded: Nov 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Theistic Satanism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Yes. Ban Abrahamic religion too.
Satanists do not worship the Islamic/Christian/Jewish Satan. We worship the Satanist Satan, Who is not Evil and is Most-Benevolent, like the gods of Abrahammic religions.
I RP as the Satanic Dominion of Nequam. IC nation does not represent RL views.
Read this, important. My name is Andrew or sumthin' but I prefer to be called the Praeco Satan. I only act nice on these forums, I am normally harsh. Like, harsher than ultimate sharia law.
Satanist. I am quite Liberal but I don't support democrats or republican.Pro: Drug legalization (especially cocaine), freedom, benevolent autocracy, isolationism, Theistic Satanism, Lucifer, Death Metal, Horror Games, celibacy, tighter immigration, patriotism, Arachnida, LGBT Rights.
Anti soon.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Ardoki wrote:

It is a fact that you all worship the same god. Just because you refuse to recognise that fact, does not invalidate it.

No, it is not a fact. Allah and Jehovah are two separate deities.
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!

All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Re: Ban the Burqa?

Postby All Natural France » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Ardoki wrote:

Please recognize that not all of us recognize the same god. What I worship is something that could be considered different based on appearance, guidelines, etc; that doesn't mean I worship the same god as Archeuland, or a Jew, or a Muslim.
Last edited by All Natural France on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Shakira France. A.K.A: Best country. You will never be above this country
An Agnostic Christian without regards to Sexuality
I do not believe the Bible is a foolproof way to represent Christianity or history.

Pro: Shakira, Rights for everyone, People who self-describe as "Weird", LGBT Rights, Animal Rights, Abortion(In almost all occasions), Acceptance, Secularism, Evolution, etc
Neutral: N/A
Formerly: Nothing. Add 0+ Posts.

Anti: Bible Thumping, Creationism, ISIS, The Bible's inaccuracies, People defining "The Norm", Evangelism with the intent to convert, being labeled with a sexuality, PETA, Theocracy, Anthropocentrism, etc

Jamjai
Minister

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamjai » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Muslims accept Jesus and the other prophets
Do u accept our prophet?
RP: 34 million

Donut section

Founded:

Postby Donut section » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Theistic Satanism wrote:Yes. Ban Abrahamic religion too.

Or let's not, and say we didn't....

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Ardoki wrote:It is a fact that you all worship the same god. Just because you refuse to recognise that fact, does not invalidate it.

Then why do Arabic Christians refer to God as Allah?

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Pan-America under the United States wrote:See: "A motorcycle helmet is for protection. That's the sole reason, you don't see people walking around with motorcycle helmets on."

They can be used to commit crimes though and conceal your identity , that is why banks prohibit the wearing of them inside the building.

You do know that is is possible for an object to be used for more than its sole intended use?

I realize that. However, neither of those can be used for safety. They aren't grouped in the same criteria as motorcycle helmets. One has an intended purpose, the other two don't. You wear a helmet so your brains don't get splattered over the pavement when you crash, you don't use the other two for those reasons. They're merely clothing.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Ardoki wrote:It is a fact that you all worship the same god. Just because you refuse to recognise that fact, does not invalidate it.

Well, none of them actually exist. However you all do worship the same imaginary deity, even though you refuse to believe that.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Jamjai wrote:

Muslims accept Jesus and the other prophets
Do u accept our prophet?

Here's another fundamental difference between Islam and Christianity - Muslims say that Christ was a prophet, but Christians and many Jews say that Christ is the Messiah. Since Christians also say that Christ is one with God in the Trinity, and Muslims say that Christ is a mere prophet, we truthfully do not worship the same God.

The Cobalt Sky
Minister

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cobalt Sky » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Wrong. They don't believe in the divinity of Christ but they do recognize him as a prophet, along with Moses. If some of them don't, they aren't following the Quran right. Also, it's not better to remain apart. Meeting new people opens the mind.
I TRY TO KEEP MY WILD ASSERTIONS, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HOLD OFF POSTING WITH THIS NATION UNTIL 2016

All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Re: Ban the Burqa?

Postby All Natural France » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Ardoki wrote:

Well, none of them actually exist. However you all do worship the same imaginary deity, even though you refuse to believe that.

We don't that. While I don't affiliate with Archeuland's position, we don't know if he really does exist.
Last edited by All Natural France on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Shakira France. A.K.A: Best country. You will never be above this country
An Agnostic Christian without regards to Sexuality
I do not believe the Bible is a foolproof way to represent Christianity or history.

Pro: Shakira, Rights for everyone, People who self-describe as "Weird", LGBT Rights, Animal Rights, Abortion(In almost all occasions), Acceptance, Secularism, Evolution, etc
Neutral: N/A
Formerly: Nothing. Add 0+ Posts.

Anti: Bible Thumping, Creationism, ISIS, The Bible's inaccuracies, People defining "The Norm", Evangelism with the intent to convert, being labeled with a sexuality, PETA, Theocracy, Anthropocentrism, etc

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 pm

All Natural France wrote:

Please recognize that not all of us recognize the same god. What I worship is something that could be considered different based on appearance, guidelines, etc; that doesn't mean I worship the same god as Archeuland, or a Jew, or a Muslim.

Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the exact same god. It is clearly in their texts, the Bible is built from the Torah, the Koran is built from the Bible. They are extensions of the previous religion.

Can you provide evidence to back up your claim that they do not?

The Confederacy of Nationalism
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Confederacy of Nationalism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Jamjai wrote:Muslims accept Jesus and the other prophets
Do u accept our prophet?

Here's another fundamental difference between Islam and Christianity - Muslims say that Christ was a prophet, but Christians and many Jews say that Christ is the Messiah. Since Christians also say that Christ is one with God in the Trinity, and Muslims say that Christ is a mere prophet, we truthfully do not worship the same God.

It's a fundamental Jewish belief that Jesus was a false messiah.
Keep right -->
Don't give in to degeneracy,

My honor, my dignity, my pride above my life. No regrets.
American Ultranationalist
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire / "If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it!" - Adolf Hitler
Resident Social Darwinist

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:36 pm

The Cobalt Sky wrote:

Wrong. They don't believe in the divinity of Christ but they do recognize him as a prophet, along with Moses. If some of them don't, they aren't following the Quran right. Also, it's not better to remain apart. Meeting new people opens the mind.

I have no issue with meeting a Muslim, but my goal will be to teach them about Christ, not to embrace their prophet's teachings.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:36 pm

If you knew anything about Islam you would know they are the same.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Jamjai wrote:Muslims accept Jesus and the other prophets
Do u accept our prophet?

Uh, no.
Yes you do worship the same god, Christ has nothing to do with it. Your logic makes no sense.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Genivaria wrote:

If you knew anything about Islam you would know they are the same.

I understand how Islam works, and it is immensely flawed, morally speaking.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm

The Cobalt Sky wrote:Wrong. They don't believe in the divinity of Christ but they do recognize him as a prophet, along with Moses. If some of them don't, they aren't following the Quran right. Also, it's not better to remain apart. Meeting new people opens the mind.

I have no issue with meeting a Muslim, but my goal will be to teach them about Christ, not to embrace their prophet's teachings.

How about you just leave them alone and let them believe whatever they want?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Guys, you're about to turn this into an Atheism vs Theism thread, and I don't appreciate that.

This was a good "Rag on the French Government" thread, and you guys are ruining it.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General