NATION

PASSWORD

Ban the Burqa?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What are your opinions on a Burqa ban?

I support it.
32%
I'm opposed to it.
56%
*Rambles inanely about the Paris Commune*
12%

Total votes : 305

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm

All Natural France wrote:
Ardoki wrote:Well, none of them actually exist. However you all do worship the same imaginary deity, even though you refuse to believe that.

We don't that. While I don't affiliate with Archeuland's position, we don't know if he really does exist.

If you cannot prove something exists, it is by default non-existant.

For example we cannot prove that a flute-playing hippopotamus does not lives on Mercury. But we have no reason and evidence to believe one does, therefore we by default refuse to recognise its existence.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Ardoki wrote:
All Natural France wrote:Please recognize that not all of us recognize the same god. What I worship is something that could be considered different based on appearance, guidelines, etc; that doesn't mean I worship the same god as Archeuland, or a Jew, or a Muslim.

Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the exact same god. It is clearly in their texts, the Bible is built from the Torah, the Koran is built from the Bible. They are extensions of the previous religion.

Can you provide evidence to back up your claim that they do not?

The fact that he doesn't recognize this shows that not only is he ignorant of Islam and Judaism, he's ignorant of his own religion as well. :lol:

All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby All Natural France » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Ardoki wrote:
All Natural France wrote:Please recognize that not all of us recognize the same god. What I worship is something that could be considered different based on appearance, guidelines, etc; that doesn't mean I worship the same god as Archeuland, or a Jew, or a Muslim.

Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the exact same god. It is clearly in their texts, the Bible is built from the Torah, the Koran is built from the Bible. They are extensions of the previous religion.

No, as I simply can't believe the stories or moral beliefs of any such Jewish, Christian, or Muslim Holy Books. As my signature says, I'm agnostic. I do believe there is a god, but I don't think that it's refutable to even say that the bible is accurate to detail the World's History or the beliefs of a Christian.
Welcome to Shakira France. A.K.A: Best country. You will never be above this country
An Agnostic Christian without regards to Sexuality
I do not believe the Bible is a foolproof way to represent Christianity or history.

Pro: Shakira, Rights for everyone, People who self-describe as "Weird", LGBT Rights, Animal Rights, Abortion(In almost all occasions), Acceptance, Secularism, Evolution, etc
Neutral: N/A
Formerly: Nothing. Add 0+ Posts.

Anti: Bible Thumping, Creationism, ISIS, The Bible's inaccuracies, People defining "The Norm", Evangelism with the intent to convert, being labeled with a sexuality, PETA, Theocracy, Anthropocentrism, etc

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Galloism wrote:Guys, you're about to turn this into an Atheism vs Theism thread, and I don't appreciate that.

This was a good "Rag on the French Government" thread, and you guys are ruining it.

I was going to add something but meh, there's no point. As soon as A&B comes in, it will turn into a clusterfuck of theism vs atheism.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Ardoki wrote:Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the exact same god. It is clearly in their texts, the Bible is built from the Torah, the Koran is built from the Bible. They are extensions of the previous religion.

The fact that he doesn't recognize this shows that not only is he ignorant of Islam and Judaism, he's ignorant of his own religion as well. :lol:

Yes. :)

While they disagree on some issues (e.g. the Jews believe Jesus was a fraud, the Muslims believe he was a prophet, and the Christians believe he was the messiah), they all technically worship the same god, and agree on most things.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Galloism wrote:Guys, you're about to turn this into an Atheism vs Theism thread, and I don't appreciate that.

This was a good "Rag on the French Government" thread, and you guys are ruining it.

Ken Ham feels the need to make everything the fault of the evil secularists in every thread.
Perhaps he should actually make his own instead of de-railing others.

Archeuland and Baughistan
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Pan-America under the United States wrote:
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:
I have no issue with meeting a Muslim, but my goal will be to teach them about Christ, not to embrace their prophet's teachings.

How about you just leave them alone and let them believe whatever they want?

Why do they have to do it in my nation? Why can't they have their burqas, Sharia law, and mosques in a nominally Islamic country instead? Why America? Why Europe? I see it as a sort of 'population jihad', if you will. They move into countries, increase in numbers, and work their way up, eventually creating an Islamic jihadist state. That is what France is headed towards now. That is what Europe as a whole, and Britain, is headed towards now. Total Islamic rule.

It's not a good thing. It's a sign that we've let down on our Christian morality, and that Christendom is losing authority in Europe. The secular vacuum created by the EU's totalitarianism will allow Islam to sweep in and seize control. I suspect that will happen within the next fifty years.
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
Learn more about the true history of the world here.
You must be born again? What does that mean?
Islam, the religion of peace? What does history tell us?
The Israelites were "genocidal"? No they weren't!
Agenda 21 map - it affects us all!
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!
Proud Foreign Minister of the Christian Liberty Alliance

☩Founder of the Alliance of Protestant Nations - Join today! Learn more here

Jamjai
Minister

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamjai » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Jamjai wrote:Muslims accept Jesus and the other prophets
Do u accept our prophet?

Here's another fundamental difference between Islam and Christianity - Muslims say that Christ was a prophet, but Christians and many Jews say that Christ is the Messiah. Since Christians also say that Christ is one with God in the Trinity, and Muslims say that Christ is a mere prophet, we truthfully do not worship the same God.

yea, so what Jesus is the leader of Christianity, Moses is leader of the Jewish and our prophet is the leader of the muslims
RP: 34 million

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Ardoki wrote:Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the exact same god. It is clearly in their texts, the Bible is built from the Torah, the Koran is built from the Bible. They are extensions of the previous religion.

No, as I simply can't believe the stories or moral beliefs of any such Jewish, Christian, or Muslim Holy Books. As my signature says, I'm agnostic. I do believe there is a god, but I don't think that it's refutable to even say that the bible is accurate to detail the World's History or the beliefs of a Christian.

Oh, we're both theistic agnostics then. :hug:

All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby All Natural France » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Ardoki wrote:
All Natural France wrote:We don't that. While I don't affiliate with Archeuland's position, we don't know if he really does exist.

If you cannot prove something exists, it is by default non-existant.

For example we cannot prove that a flute-playing hippopotamus does not lives on Mercury. But we have no reason and evidence to believe one does, therefore we by default refuse to recognise its existence.

Such thing as speculation exists. Again, I don't claim to know what exactly would be the morals, the belief, or even what god is, but I can have my own speculative that it is a Christian God without the morals or the lessons or any such unnecessary things written in the bible.
Welcome to Shakira France. A.K.A: Best country. You will never be above this country
I do not believe the Bible is a foolproof way to represent Christianity or history.

Pro: Shakira, Rights for everyone, People who self-describe as "Weird", LGBT Rights, Animal Rights, Abortion(In almost all occasions), Acceptance, Secularism, Evolution, etc

Anti: Bible Thumping, Creationism, ISIS, The Bible's inaccuracies, People defining "The Norm", Evangelism with the intent to convert, being labeled with a sexuality, PETA, Theocracy, Anthropocentrism, etc

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Pan-America under the United States wrote:How about you just leave them alone and let them believe whatever they want?

Why do they have to do it in my nation? Why can't they have their burqas, Sharia law, and mosques in a nominally Islamic country instead? Why America? Why Europe? I see it as a sort of 'population jihad', if you will. They move into countries, increase in numbers, and work their way up, eventually creating an Islamic jihadist state. That is what France is headed towards now. That is what Europe as a whole, and Britain, is headed towards now. Total Islamic rule.

It's not a good thing. It's a sign that we've let down on our Christian morality, and that Christendom is losing authority in Europe. The secular vacuum created by the EU's totalitarianism will allow Islam to sweep in and seize control. I suspect that will happen within the next fifty years.

There's so much wrong with this post it's sad.

The Confederacy of Nationalism
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Confederacy of Nationalism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Not entirely what agnostic means. Are you a theist, but do you believe that no human can claim to know and explain who or what God is? That's different.
Keep right -->
Don't give in to degeneracy,

My honor, my dignity, my pride above my life. No regrets.
American Ultranationalist
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire / "If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it!" - Adolf Hitler
Resident Social Darwinist

All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby All Natural France » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I was going to add something but meh, there's no point. As soon as A&B comes in, it will turn into a clusterfuck of theism vs atheism.

Creepoc Infinite needs come come here :p

Archeuland and Baughistan
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Archeuland and Baughistan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Genivaria wrote:The fact that he doesn't recognize this shows that not only is he ignorant of Islam and Judaism, he's ignorant of his own religion as well. :lol:

Yes. :)

While they disagree on some issues (e.g. the Jews believe Jesus was a fraud, the Muslims believe he was a prophet, and the Christians believe he was the messiah), they all technically worship the same god, and agree on most things.

You're free to believe in pluralism, but I do not, and neither do millions of others who would prefer to live in Christian countries without mosques or burqas.
Standing on the truth of God's word and the gospel.
Learn more about the true history of the world here.
You must be born again? What does that mean?
Islam, the religion of peace? What does history tell us?
The Israelites were "genocidal"? No they weren't!
Agenda 21 map - it affects us all!
Let's rebuild Noah's Ark to serve as a reminder about the true history of Earth!
Proud Foreign Minister of the Christian Liberty Alliance

☩Founder of the Alliance of Protestant Nations - Join today! Learn more here

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Genivaria wrote:

There's so much wrong with this post it's sad.

Does this mean I can ask him to leave my secular country and go somewhere else with a Christian theocracy?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Pan-America under the United States
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-America under the United States » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Pan-America under the United States wrote:How about you just leave them alone and let them believe whatever they want?

I'm sure a lot of the things people believed in the 60's about today didn't happen.

Christian morality? Are you implying that anyone who isn't a Christian doesn't have "morality"?
Last edited by Pan-America under the United States on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Creepoc Infinite needs come come here :p

Opposition clusterfuck is still a clusterfuck.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Ardoki wrote:Yes. :)

You're free to believe in pluralism, but I do not, and neither do millions of others who would prefer to live in Christian countries without mosques or burqas.

Bye.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_City

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Galloism wrote:
Genivaria wrote:There's so much wrong with this post it's sad.

Does this mean I can ask him to leave my secular country and go somewhere else with a Christian theocracy?

I think he's Protestant and I don't think there's a Protestant theocracy out there.
Last edited by Sebastianbourg on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Natural France
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby All Natural France » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm

The Confederacy of Nationalism wrote:
All Natural France wrote:No, as I simply can't believe the stories or moral beliefs of any such Jewish, Christian, or Muslim Holy Books. As my signature says, I'm agnostic. I do believe there is a god, but I don't think that it's refutable to even say that the bible is accurate to detail the World's History or the beliefs of a Christian.

Not entirely what agnostic means. Are you a theist, but do you believe that no human can claim to know and explain who or what God is? That's different.

Actually yes, I would believe that a human can claim to know god, but there are so many various ways that it can be proven and disproven that there's no one infinite way of actually proving or explaining god. Explain all he wants, claim all he wants, doesn't make him right.
Last edited by All Natural France on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:43 pm

I personally believe that the state should encourage the adoption of atheism, and enact policies to destroy religion. However that is just my opinion.

The Confederacy of Nationalism
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Confederacy of Nationalism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Well, this tolerant and secular forum doesn't want to live with your fundamental Christian beliefs.
Keep right -->
Don't give in to degeneracy,

My honor, my dignity, my pride above my life. No regrets.
American Ultranationalist
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire / "If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it!" - Adolf Hitler
Resident Social Darwinist

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:
Galloism wrote:Does this mean I can ask him to leave my secular country and go somewhere else with a Christian theocracy?

I think he's protestant and I don't think there's a protestant theocracy out there.

Yeah, but I live in a secular country and I want that sort of religious oppressive nonsense out of here.

I say we build them an island.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Ardoki wrote:

I personally believe that the state should encourage the adoption of atheism, and enact policies to destroy religion. However that is just my opinion.

Mate, laïcité is stupendous but state atheism is not.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:
Galloism wrote:Does this mean I can ask him to leave my secular country and go somewhere else with a Christian theocracy?

I think he's Protestant and I don't think there's a Protestant theocracy out there.

He's specifically a Dominionist.
Which is pretty much against the original values of Protestantism.

Freedom of Religion is pretty much anathema to him.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General