NATION

PASSWORD

Thread for Gamers 2: Press Start to Continue

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

How do you game again?

Console (please specify).
18%
PC
52%
Arcade
0%
Anything and Everything
22%
Other
1%
David Hasselhoff.
7%

Total votes : 810

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Thread for Gamers 2: Press Start to Continue

Postby The Corparation » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Since the last one was locked and a couple people asked me to do it:
Minoriteeburg wrote:I know I started a Classic Game Thread, but I wanted this one to be about all games old and new. All systems whether its a PC and Apple LLIC 2, PS3, DS, Commodore 64, Xbox 360, TG-16, whatever.

Arcade games are always welcome. Hell even Pinball is welcome.

What systems do you own/play? How many systems have you ever owned? Are you a console gamer or a PC gamer? What games are you playing right now? Do you have any to recommmend.

Any and all things about gaming talk about it here (in a non-flaming, non-trolling manner of course)

Discuss.

Original thread here.
The Topic title and Minoriteeburg's original thread OP says it all. NSG how do you game? Any platform any system, any genre, anywhere, anyhow. Anything and everything game related.

As for me I'm PC Masta Race. Consoles are fun, but I prefer my laptop.

EDIT:Changed Title as per wishes of the Original Thread's OP's request

EDIT 2: Nominations open for new OP

EDIT 3: Voting for new OP

EDIT $: Congrats to Wisconsin9 the next OP
Voting has now begun for OP Rights for Thread for Gamers 2: Enter Witty Subtitle Here
You are each entitled to vote for one candidate of your choosing.

Nominees for this honor are as follows.
Bezombia
Corrian
Meritocratic States
Wisconsin9
Czechanada
Luveria
Yes Im Biop

Votes follow the format
Code: Select all
[size=150][color=#80d455]THIS IS MY VOTE, THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE. I VOTE:[/color] [/size]

Voting lasts from now until page 75 after which votes will be tallied. In the event of a tie a runoff vote will be held between the top vote winners. Candidates are each allowed to make one recruiting post if they so wish which I will link to in the OP.

After a few page delay due to RL issues (Busy as hell with school right now) I've done the tally for votes. Wisconsin 9 is the winner with 3 votes Corrian came in second with two (One of which wasn't in the format shame on you that person) Bezombia, Luveria and Czechanada each received one vote.

Guidelines to the New OP:
1) Linking to this thread and original thread is required
2)While not required quoting the Minoriteeburg's original OP somewhere is preferred
3) Keep Anti/pro PC/Console/Casual shit out of the OP as much as possible. This is thread for gamers. The OP is neutral ground, and trash-talking one side or overly glorifying the other over the other is a big NO.
4) Keep the poll and question. Poll question and answers are a fixed constant of this thread.
5) OP gets final naming rights, however people are allowed to propose names for the OP to consider.

Offer of Cookie to whoever correctly identifies the game and reference that I'm secretly referencing somewhere in the post still stands.
Last edited by The Corparation on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:24 pm

I game with a Ps3 and N64 and PC

I mostly play Sports Games on my Ps3 or Mario, Kirby Games on PC or N64
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Thurask
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thurask » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 pm

PC, phone from time to time, good to be back.
National Information
Economic Left/Right: ln 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: lim (x->0) 1/x
Pro: Some stuff
Anti: Some other stuff

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:28 pm

PC and cellphone.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Recently got Temple Run. So worth it.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Wamitoria wrote:PC and cellphone.

I quite mobile gaming since the majority of it is just pay-to-win schemes.

Ok, that, and I have a shitty phone.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm

PS3.
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Also, I see what you did that Lady Nathicana.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 pm

I've was introduced to gaming early on. Particularly towards Playstation, hence my allegiance to the console. I currently game mostly on the PS3 now, but every so often I'll get out the PS or PS2 and play it. Those were good days. I do game on the PC too, RTW in particular.
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Norstal wrote:

Considering I'm usually gaming using Speccy and C64 emulators on my phone...
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Anyone play any of those indie horror games? My favorite has to be SCP: Containment Breach.
Last edited by Ceannairceach on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:34 pm

PC.
Last edited by Ainin on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Thurask
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thurask » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Anyone play any of those indie horror games? My favorite has to be SCP: Containment Breach.

I did play that wolf game, Survivers, for a little bit. While playing with friends is nominally fun, one of them playing William Shatner's "Rocket Man" over Skype certainly lightens the mood.

Unrelated, but Battlefield 4 screenies.
National Information
Economic Left/Right: ln 0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: lim (x->0) 1/x
Pro: Some stuff
Anti: Some other stuff

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Norstal wrote:

My favorite mobile game is one my friend showed me. EA's version of Tetris. You have to pay them extra to listen to music they don't own while you play. And rather then traditional figuring it for you selves and planning Tetris has, it tells you exactly where you have to put your piece. He dislikes it almost as much as he dislikes Angry Birds.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

The Zeonic States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zeonic States » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 pm

I found my copy of Dragon Age Orgins and have been replaying that for the past few days.
National Imperialist-Freedom Party

Proud member of the stone wall alliance

Agent Maine: of NSG's Official Project Freelancer

[Fires of the Old Republic Role Play]http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=239203

Hungry
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hungry » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Dat new thread smell.
Thomas Insaniac
Minister of Foreign Relations of the Kingdom of_Merridel

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:59 pm

A new era begins.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Hungry
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hungry » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:Recently got Temple Run. So worth it.

Subway Surfers is better IMO.

Norstal wrote:

I wouldn't say I quit Mobile Gaming, I wouldn't say I really started it either. Mobile Gaming is meant to waste time for me, not achieve a goal like in other games.
Thomas Insaniac
Minister of Foreign Relations of the Kingdom of_Merridel

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 pm

EIGHTEENTH!

Console for me, of course. Red Dead Redemption forever!
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Let it be known for future generations and also because I want to be in the first page but can't think of anything to say, THE GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE SHALL LIVE FOREVER!
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Thurask wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Anyone play any of those indie horror games? My favorite has to be SCP: Containment Breach.

I did play that wolf game, Survivers, for a little bit. While playing with friends is nominally fun, one of them playing William Shatner's "Rocket Man" over Skype certainly lightens the mood.

Wow, so it's just going to be BF3 with some shiny offset sights and slightly better graphics.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Dear Twisted Metal:

Fuck the rally races in your campaign mode. Seriously. No, you know what, fuck the entire Dollface arc. But fuck rally races. Seriously, I don't play car combat games to do horribly planned races, I play them for fucking car combat.

I miss Vigilante 8. They never pulled that shit, and they used characters that weren't just "Crazy murderer who is only distinguishable from the other crazy murderers by their origin story."

And Vigilante 8 was better balanced, all the cars could beat the other cars because they all had strengths and weaknesses that come down to how you can best use them. In Twisted Metal? There are two cars: The Outlaw, and things that lose to the The Outlaw. The only times the Outlaw is not ideal is in the asinine races, or that LA Skyway level, where The Talon is god because, well, it's a fucking helicopter in a level where the main gimmick is falling hazards.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Vareiln wrote:
Thurask wrote:I did play that wolf game, Survivers, for a little bit. While playing with friends is nominally fun, one of them playing William Shatner's "Rocket Man" over Skype certainly lightens the mood.

Wow, so it's just going to be BF3 with some shiny offset sights and slightly better graphics.

Looks like BF3 is going to go the COD route of making minor modifications, adding a half-assed plot and releasing it as a new game.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Fuck Battlefield 4. I want Battlefield 2143. They have the goddamn technology to make a stunning sequel on the consoles and PC, why not do it instead of a paintjob? You only make new main-series Battlefield games when there's a large chunk of time between them.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 pm

I have a humble computer and a 360. And I am patiently but eagerly awaiting the arrivals of GTA V and Forza 5, the former because it looks fucking awesome and the latter in the vain attempt that Turn 10 have actually put some effort into making multiplayer servers that aren't complete shit.
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction