NATION

PASSWORD

Can atheists go to Heaven?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gagatron
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gagatron » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 am

Dyakovo wrote:
Vermmeria wrote:
Do you have the evidence that heaven does exist?

Can you point to where I claimed it did? Seriously, show me the quote where I say something along the lines of "Heaven exists", because I certainly don't remember ever saying that.

Nobody said YOU said that. I believe that statement was directed to another person.
God, I want to dream again,
Take me where I've never been.
I wanna go there,
This time I'm not scared.
Music, love, peace, joy, history, religion, foreign cultures, foreign language, philosophy, debating, etc.

Zilam wrote:It always strikes me funny when people always complain "If God is good, why does he allow evil to exist"....Yet when God destroys every evil person in a flood, its a bad thing.

All sin is deserving of death.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:17 am

Gagatron wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Can you point to where I claimed it did? Seriously, show me the quote where I say something along the lines of "Heaven exists", because I certainly don't remember ever saying that.

Nobody said YOU said that. I believe that statement was directed to another person.

Actually, the question was directed at me...

Vermmeria wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:You seem pretty confident... Got the evidence to back up your claim that heaven does not exist?

Do you have the evidence that heaven does exist?
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Georgism
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 am

Gagatron wrote:Nobody knows but God.

That's more like it :)

Unhealthy2 wrote:The lack of all positive evidence and all rational evidence makes the claim of god's existence completely arbitrary. Given the non-finite size (in fact, way bigger than P(P(P(P(R)))) or any such continuation thereof) of the space of all possibilities, the probability measure of the possibility of god's existence is infinitesimal. Not a proof, but it's stronger (in a quantitative sense) than any positive argument for the existence of anything, including your hands.

Can you break that down into something the mathematically illiterate (me) can understand? I'd like to potentially use it in Philosophy class.
Georgism Factbook (including questions and answers)
¯\(°_o)/¯
Horsefish wrote:I agree with George

Zeth Rekia
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeth Rekia » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:46 am

I think a more pressing issue would be (inheritence?) death tax. Who gives two shits if you go to "Heaven" or not, your living relatives will still be looking to gain something from your death. And with the captialist government (IRS?) sinking it's teeth into your proerty after you die, the chances of your heirs receiving a pile of nothing is pretty good. especially if you were not to well off in your early 20's-30's.

If all citizen property was owned by the government in a "borrow-lost" sense, you would pay a 0.15% to 3% tax on them daily as a part of your normal taxes. thus housing would be free upfront and heirs would have better chances of being able to secure a home without being raped by capitalists.

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:25 am

Third Mexican Empire wrote:This applies not only to atheists, but any other believer to a non-christian faith.

I was having a chat with my friend(he's highly religious), and he told me that if "you don't have God in your heart, you'll go to Hell. No matter if you're good or not." I was thinking about, and well, it just doesn't make sense.. Take Gandhi for example. He was a leading figure in non-violent resistance. He protected the poor and stood up for their civil rights. When you think of peace, many people think of him. But he was Hindu. When he died, did God completely ignore evrything good Gandhi did, and focus on him being Hindu? No matter how good you are, if you're not Christian you'll go to Hell? Is that right NSG?

I'm sorry if I offened anyone, that is the last thing I wanted to do. This is not meant to be a flaming contest, so please, keep it clean.

NOTE:This is assuming God is real, and that a Heaven and Hell exist

They can if they believe in Jesus :)
Founder of the Nelchizedeke Cluster; Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH ) Member; Inextant Member of ESUS; Member of the USF

Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH

Fact Page:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3316&p=92197#p92197

Germoaustria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Germoaustria » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Kormanthor wrote:
Third Mexican Empire wrote:This applies not only to atheists, but any other believer to a non-christian faith.

I was having a chat with my friend(he's highly religious), and he told me that if "you don't have God in your heart, you'll go to Hell. No matter if you're good or not." I was thinking about, and well, it just doesn't make sense.. Take Gandhi for example. He was a leading figure in non-violent resistance. He protected the poor and stood up for their civil rights. When you think of peace, many people think of him. But he was Hindu. When he died, did God completely ignore evrything good Gandhi did, and focus on him being Hindu? No matter how good you are, if you're not Christian you'll go to Hell? Is that right NSG?

I'm sorry if I offened anyone, that is the last thing I wanted to do. This is not meant to be a flaming contest, so please, keep it clean.

NOTE:This is assuming God is real, and that a Heaven and Hell exist

They can if they believe in Jesus :)

How could a loving God send anyone to hell, I do not believe in hell, but I do believe in Heaven and reincarnation.

The REAL Glasers
Minister

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The REAL Glasers » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:01 pm

I think the better question is do Agnostics go to Heaven?

I just don't see how a "kind and fair" God can deny a good person entry into Heaven purely on basis of personal belief and I can't see any way that isn't Evangelical to justify that belief.
YouTube Channel
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Onespeed
http://www.last.fm/user/TheYardstick
Economic Left/Right: -4.88 - Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
I want a riot grrrlfriend

Isointania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isointania » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 am

Yeah, I guess if their good people.
Churchill Quotes:
A lie will get half way around the world while the truth is still putting his pants on

Although prepared for martyrdom, I prefer that it be postponed

I am ready to meet my maker, if my maker is ready to meet me is another matter

Call me Iso.
WARNING! MAY USE HEAVY SARCASM
My 1000 post.
British and proud!!!
23: 32nd. Yay.

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 am

Isointania wrote:Yeah, I guess if their good people.

thread digging is against the rules, YOU BROKE THE RULES DAMN IT.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General