NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics: The Epstein Philes Still Exist

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What are going to be the shooter’s motivations?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 26, 2026 7:05 pm

Filthy Liberal
15
22%
Iranian / Chinese / Venezuela / Cuba / Bad Country Agent
6
9%
Insane Person
28
42%
Other
18
27%
 
Total votes : 67

User avatar
GMS
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1584
Founded: Nov 21, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby GMS » Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:46 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Nonconformity wrote:You really need to get over that identity politic hump.
Skin color and gender already have little enough to do with who you are as a person without trying to apply it to your political acumen.

fucking lol
fucking lmao, even

You Leftist Liberal Democrat Progressives and Real Leftists ignore this part of your link. A second U.S. official also not authorized to speak publicly confirmed that Hegseth has been weeding out senior officers who are deemed ideologically incompatible. If I GMS were President, Prime Minister or Leader of the USA, Cuba or any nation, I want to appoint government and military ministers who support me and my policies, just like all leftist democrat Presidents, righter Republican Presidents, Prime Ministers and Leaders of all nations. Righter Republicans support skills not race determinations, from your Leftist Democrats and Real Leftists Political Perspective you guys support race determinations not skills. This is in reference to your first and second link.

NPR. https://www.npr.org/2026/03/27/nx-s1-57 ... promotions.

USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 443016007/.

Here is a little tip to all NSsers if you dont do this or have not realized it. I hate quoting from USA Today and certain other sources, there ads get in the way of reading the news storys in a considerable way, more than many other sources. But sometimes is necessary to do so, because its the best source. What I do is, I copy paste it to our dispatches, read it, copy paste the parts I want to post on the post and delete it. If we dont delete it, it sticks like glue.
Last edited by GMS on Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GMS, I have gone back to my old policy I dont put anyone on ignore for any reasons.I dont report anyone for any reasons, even for non actionable and actionable reasons against me.I dont hurt anyone on NS we all love for our own reasons.I dont report any posts and threads for any reasons.I dont think this post or thread goes here or there, should be merged or closed.Is spam or not spam.Like Sergeant Schultz of Hogans Heroes, I think nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing, I hear nothing and I say nothing. I respect you and all posters rights to think different while thiking different.I dont call anyone stupid, an idiot and ignorant, because I know we think different.I dont decide I argue. I am not a Chivato, Females are Chivatas. Informers, in Cuba this is a very bad negative term and word.

User avatar
Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22405
Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:13 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Pazill Ran wrote:It is clear much of the right-wing animus towards Obama is racial. There was the birther conspiracy theory which falsely claimed Obama was born in Kenya, even though he was actually born in Hawaii. Not to mention the other conspiracy theories about Obama


As an ex-conservative, I personally saw it as a kid. The private school I went to was hella racist, and the year Obama was elected, I learned a lot of new racial slurs. To say nothing of the 'jokes', at least 2/3rds of which expressed desire (or at least, indifference to) his hypothetical assassination.


And they love to call Obama "the most divisive president"..... meanwhile the only thing that caused his divisiveness was that he was black. These people act like I wasn't alive and arguing with them back then.
She/Her. GenX, 53 year old Transgender woman, wife of a wonderful spouse going on 2 decades, US Navy Submarine Veteran, views the US Democratic party as too conservative.

The older I get, the more liberal I have become.

The older I get the more I abhor right wing evangelical Christianity.

End the special tax exemption for religion. Churches can apply for tax exemption like any other not-for-profit.... the only churches which would be concerned by losing this are the ones not doing anything genuinely deserving of tax-exempt status.

Capitalism is just Neo-feudalism.

Trans women have always been women and trans men have always been men.

User avatar
Tarsonis
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39882
Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:19 pm

In a strange bit of happenstance, the GOP Twitter account has been suspended
“Never believe that [fascists] are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The [fascists] have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre

User avatar
Usersanaon
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Jun 08, 2026
Ex-Nation

Postby Usersanaon » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:19 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Pazill Ran wrote:It is clear much of the right-wing animus towards Obama is racial. There was the birther conspiracy theory which falsely claimed Obama was born in Kenya, even though he was actually born in Hawaii. Not to mention the other conspiracy theories about Obama


As an ex-conservative, I personally saw it as a kid. The private school I went to was hella racist, and the year Obama was elected, I learned a lot of new racial slurs. To say nothing of the 'jokes', at least 2/3rds of which expressed desire (or at least, indifference to) his hypothetical assassination.

I mean is it really irrational to want an American to be the president of America?

User avatar
Tarsonis
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39882
Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:23 pm

Usersanaon wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
As an ex-conservative, I personally saw it as a kid. The private school I went to was hella racist, and the year Obama was elected, I learned a lot of new racial slurs. To say nothing of the 'jokes', at least 2/3rds of which expressed desire (or at least, indifference to) his hypothetical assassination.

I mean is it really irrational to want an American to be the president of America?


No but it is irrational to claim a President isn't an American because he's black and you can't handle it
Last edited by Tarsonis on Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Never believe that [fascists] are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The [fascists] have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre

User avatar
GMS
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1584
Founded: Nov 21, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby GMS » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:24 pm

Tekania wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
As an ex-conservative, I personally saw it as a kid. The private school I went to was hella racist, and the year Obama was elected, I learned a lot of new racial slurs. To say nothing of the 'jokes', at least 2/3rds of which expressed desire (or at least, indifference to) his hypothetical assassination.


And they love to call Obama "the most divisive president"..... meanwhile the only thing that caused his divisiveness was that he was black. These people act like I wasn't alive and arguing with them back then.

As a Righter, I for one dont have anything personal against Leftist Democrat President Obama. I hate his Politics. I use the terms righters and Leftist Democrats in American terms to differ from them. These are the most acceptable ideology terms to differ from Republicans and Democrats as a reference point. I say this in case you reply President Obama was not so Leftist, I call all Republicans and Democrats Righter Republicans and Leftist Democrats. I call the other Leftists Real Leftists.
GMS, I have gone back to my old policy I dont put anyone on ignore for any reasons.I dont report anyone for any reasons, even for non actionable and actionable reasons against me.I dont hurt anyone on NS we all love for our own reasons.I dont report any posts and threads for any reasons.I dont think this post or thread goes here or there, should be merged or closed.Is spam or not spam.Like Sergeant Schultz of Hogans Heroes, I think nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing, I hear nothing and I say nothing. I respect you and all posters rights to think different while thiking different.I dont call anyone stupid, an idiot and ignorant, because I know we think different.I dont decide I argue. I am not a Chivato, Females are Chivatas. Informers, in Cuba this is a very bad negative term and word.

User avatar
American Legionaries
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19057
Founded: Nov 03, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby American Legionaries » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:27 pm

Tekania wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
As an ex-conservative, I personally saw it as a kid. The private school I went to was hella racist, and the year Obama was elected, I learned a lot of new racial slurs. To say nothing of the 'jokes', at least 2/3rds of which expressed desire (or at least, indifference to) his hypothetical assassination.


And they love to call Obama "the most divisive president"..... meanwhile the only thing that caused his divisiveness was that he was black. These people act like I wasn't alive and arguing with them back then.


Imagine pretending like the guy didn't have policies...

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26018
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shrillland » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:29 pm

Another Plaza entry:

California: The ninth proposition would require large healthcare unions(at least 50,000 members) to inform their members annually on how their dues are spent on political campaigns and propositions. It would also require these unions to ballot their members and get majority approval to spend more than $1 million on a statewide measure over a calendar year or more then $100,000 on a local measure over a calendar year. Failure to do this would result in fines totaling $1,000 per member for not giving annual reports and the amount the union spent violating requirements for not having a vote.
How America Came to This, by Kowani: Racialised Politics, Ideological Media Gaslighting, and What It All Means For The Future
Plebiscite Plaza 2026
Confused by the names I use for House districts? Here's a primer!
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

User avatar
Usersanaon
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Jun 08, 2026
Ex-Nation

Postby Usersanaon » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:31 pm

Tarsonis wrote:
Usersanaon wrote:I mean is it really irrational to want an American to be the president of America?


No but it is irrational to claim a President isn't an American because he's black and you can't handle it

How is it irrational? his people didnt even build America

User avatar
Pazill Ran
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 131
Founded: Mar 17, 2026
New York Times Democracy

Postby Pazill Ran » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:35 pm

I suppose you're one of the people who peddle the Heritage American BS
Julia/Sapphire | She/Her
WA Ambassador: Elaine Rose Hamilton

User avatar
Usersanaon
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Jun 08, 2026
Ex-Nation

Postby Usersanaon » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:44 pm

Pazill Ran wrote:I suppose you're one of the people who peddle the Heritage American BS

what is lil bro on about

User avatar
Elwher
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9758
Founded: May 24, 2012
Corporate Bordello

Postby Elwher » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:46 pm

Usersanaon wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:
No but it is irrational to claim a President isn't an American because he's black and you can't handle it

How is it irrational? his people didnt even build America


That depends on what you mean by 'his people'. Black slaves did a great deal of the work in building America; they just didn't get the proceeds of their efforts.
CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Ambrose Bierce

User avatar
GMS
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1584
Founded: Nov 21, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby GMS » Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:52 pm

American Legionaries wrote:
Tekania wrote:
And they love to call Obama "the most divisive president"..... meanwhile the only thing that caused his divisiveness was that he was black. These people act like I wasn't alive and arguing with them back then.


Imagine pretending like the guy didn't have policies...

Many Leftist Liberal Democrat Progressives and Real Leftists on NS and off NS Post President Trump does not have any policies and insult him personally and politically. What a coincidence.

Call me and us Trump Cultists who support President Trump because I am and us are Trump Cultists, according too them.

So I tell them in a respectful manner, we are Proud Republican Trump supporters, Make America Great Again MAGAs. Dont call me and us Trump Cultists. Call me and us Republican Trump supporters, who support many of his policies, we like and love and you guys hate and there is nothing wrong with it on both sides.

But if you guys call me and us Trump Cultists, call me and us Trump Cultists for the right reasons, I wear it an we wear it, with Pride and Honor, for our reasons on the issues, not for your negative, anti Trump views on the issues.

I dont call President Obama supporters Obama Cultists. Hillary, Bernie Sanders, Biden, Kamala Harris and Democrats Cultists. I call them Proud supporters of them, who support many of their policies they like and love and we hate and there is nothing wrong with it on both sides.

I am Fair and Balanced Like Fox News, lol :) :rofl:.

Are we even in reverse? We are even in reverse. In Politics we are always even in reverse. Because everything in Politics works in reverse. This is how Politics works.
Last edited by GMS on Mon Jun 08, 2026 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GMS, I have gone back to my old policy I dont put anyone on ignore for any reasons.I dont report anyone for any reasons, even for non actionable and actionable reasons against me.I dont hurt anyone on NS we all love for our own reasons.I dont report any posts and threads for any reasons.I dont think this post or thread goes here or there, should be merged or closed.Is spam or not spam.Like Sergeant Schultz of Hogans Heroes, I think nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing, I hear nothing and I say nothing. I respect you and all posters rights to think different while thiking different.I dont call anyone stupid, an idiot and ignorant, because I know we think different.I dont decide I argue. I am not a Chivato, Females are Chivatas. Informers, in Cuba this is a very bad negative term and word.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47503
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:05 pm

American Legionaries wrote:
Tekania wrote:
And they love to call Obama "the most divisive president"..... meanwhile the only thing that caused his divisiveness was that he was black. These people act like I wasn't alive and arguing with them back then.


Imagine pretending like the guy didn't have policies...


And none of them were even close to the policies he was repeatedly ascribed as holding by the right wing talking heads.

8 straight years of "Obummer's gonna grab your guns!" sales alone proves that. The lack of government-run "Obamacare deathpanels" (at least on his watch, we'll see what Trump has in store) proves it as well, as does the lack of government enforcement of the worker ownership of the means of production (i.e., socialism) under his tenure.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity. People who call themselves based NEVER are.
She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian. Girlfriend of Jolthig. Steely-eyed missile woman.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Basic flag design by me, enhancements by Kuromistan.

User avatar
Necroghastia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 19043
Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:12 pm

The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her
REMEMBER TO VOTE
Please don't TG about Mod Stuff - try the Moderation subforum for forumside issues or submitting a Getting Help Request for gameside. Also, the One-Stop Rules Shop!

User avatar
DutchFormosa
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6256
Founded: Feb 11, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DutchFormosa » Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:14 pm


MAHA isn't actually concerned for the well-being of its citizens? Imagine my shock!
IC wiki
OOC info
============

User avatar
Nonconformity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 508
Founded: Jun 03, 2026
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nonconformity » Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:22 pm

Ifreann wrote:No, it was racism.

It always is, and always will be, because that is how your wing of politics wants it.

Ifreann wrote:They hated Obama for being Black.

Some did, and the fringe right said and did some stupid shit that got way too much attention from fringe politicians who made a bad thing worse like politicians are supposed to do, but it is not like democrats have not had their days, and if I called every single democrat a communist traitor, or something along those lines, I would expect to be called out on it.
Your diatribe was almost reasonable until the end when you flourished that last line with that planet wide brush of yours.
No one who speaks in such absolute terms should ever be taken seriously.
Last edited by Nonconformity on Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A strange game.
The only winning move is not to play.

User avatar
Myrensis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6791
Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Myrensis » Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:40 pm

Nonconformity wrote:
Ifreann wrote:No, it was racism.

It always is, and always will be, because that is how your wing of politics wants it.

Ifreann wrote:They hated Obama for being Black.

Some did, and the fringe right said and did some stupid shit that got way too much attention from fringe politicians who made a bad thing worse like politicians are supposed to do, but it is not like democrats have not had their days, and if I called every single democrat a communist traitor, or something along those lines, I would expect to be called out on it.
Your diatribe was almost reasonable until the end when you flourished that last line with that planet wide brush of yours.
No one who speaks in such absolute terms should ever be taken seriously.


I mean, I know you're not actually arguing in good faith for anything, but just for funsies I'll remind you that Donald Trump, the current President of the United States and undisputed head of the Republican Party, launched his political career not by criticizing Obama for his "policies" but by making himself the face of the Birther movement, aka the movement whose sole premise was "No n-word could ever legitimately be President."

User avatar
Nonconformity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 508
Founded: Jun 03, 2026
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nonconformity » Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:58 pm

Myrensis wrote:I mean, I know you're not actually arguing in good faith for anything, but just for funsies I'll remind you that Donald Trump, the current President of the United States and undisputed head of the Republican Party, launched his political career not by criticizing Obama for his "policies" but by making himself the face of the Birther movement, aka the movement whose sole premise was "No n-word could ever legitimately be President."

So everyone voting for the same person does so for the same reason, and to reinforce the phenomenon, then magically transforms into a “mini me” of the new party head.
What is your idea of a good faith argument again?
A strange game.
The only winning move is not to play.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 178004
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Mon Jun 08, 2026 4:43 pm

Tarsonis wrote:In a strange bit of happenstance, the GOP Twitter account has been suspended

Must be behind on payments for Twitter Blue or something.
He/Him
From damnation, immolation
He descends bringing our salvation
With heart of nuclear thunder
Iron will made of steel

Saoirse don Phalaistín

User avatar
Rusozak
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11606
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusozak » Mon Jun 08, 2026 4:43 pm

Nonconformity wrote:
Myrensis wrote:I mean, I know you're not actually arguing in good faith for anything, but just for funsies I'll remind you that Donald Trump, the current President of the United States and undisputed head of the Republican Party, launched his political career not by criticizing Obama for his "policies" but by making himself the face of the Birther movement, aka the movement whose sole premise was "No n-word could ever legitimately be President."

So everyone voting for the same person does so for the same reason, and to reinforce the phenomenon, then magically transforms into a “mini me” of the new party head.
What is your idea of a good faith argument again?


Obviously everyone has their own reasons and the anti-Obama crowd is not a monolith. But it's a fact that his race was a problem for a great many people and they spearheaded the charge against him.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Tarsonis
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39882
Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarsonis » Mon Jun 08, 2026 4:45 pm

Usersanaon wrote:
Pazill Ran wrote:I suppose you're one of the people who peddle the Heritage American BS

what is lil bro on about


Just wondering how you ignore yourself
“Never believe that [fascists] are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The [fascists] have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre

User avatar
Chess Socialism
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6330
Founded: Nov 07, 2025
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Chess Socialism » Mon Jun 08, 2026 5:02 pm

Tarsonis wrote:In a strange bit of happenstance, the GOP Twitter account has been suspended

I don’t like how the world’s means of communication with its highest leaders has become Twitter, especially with Elon in control.
★ Hi, my name's Irene! ★
she/her | Michigander | AuDHD | Disabled
Free Palestine | Free Ukraine | Trans Rights
FAQ | TGs open | What do I put here?

Hey, send me your U.S. midterm predictions in telegrams! I'm making an average NationStates midterms prediction before election day. Serious predictions only!!!

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31607
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valrifell » Mon Jun 08, 2026 5:23 pm

Chess Socialism wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:In a strange bit of happenstance, the GOP Twitter account has been suspended

I don’t like how the world’s means of communication with its highest leaders has become Twitter, especially with Elon in control.


This is why we should nationalize all means of mass communication and the Internet, like I've always said.
T H E U N I O N O F F R A T E R N A L S O C I A L I S T L A B O R C O L L E C T I V E S
Perpetually haunted by the futures that never were and tortured by the futures that may yet be

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69787
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jun 08, 2026 5:39 pm

Tarsonis wrote:
Usersanaon wrote:what is lil bro on about


Just wondering how you ignore yourself


Actually was thinking the same thing.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Saiwania-, Cannot think of a name, Enimero, Fartsniffage, Geraluden, Google [Bot], Haloginland, La Xingan Sports Association, Liverford, Luziyca, Maraganta, Marenmia-Ocasia, Natkr, Nova Corrisia, Orlavia, Outer Armatonisdaristan, Pale Dawn, Satreburg 2, Shrillland, Tekania, The Lazarene Republic, The Sernetian Empire, Uan aa Boa, Yuzhnya

Advertisement

Remove ads