NATION

PASSWORD

The Brotherhood of Malice: The End

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Altasund
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 50
Founded: Aug 25, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Altasund » Sun Dec 29, 2024 4:05 pm

I realise that I didn't address Creeper himself in my last post, so I'd like to say directly that I hope you're doing as well as you can through all this. I can't begin to imagine how horrible this must have been.

Thanks to BoM for a generally decent post. I'm glad both for the stance eventually taken against all forms of doxxing, and for the stated willingness to accept how terrible the voices which appeared to speak for BoM were in the immediate aftermath. If nothing else, hopefully the complete ostracisation of doxxers will demonstrate that, in future, people should think before making people's private data publically accessible in a permanent archive. I'm also glad that the statement linked to both Rosa's and IMPC's apologies, and that both seem now to have displayed genuine contrition for what they did. Hopefully, if in future they join other online communities outside NS, they'll be careful never to do something like this again.

However. While the statement may have been incomplete without addressing those "communication" issues, it would have been complete without appearing to cast blame at Quebec. Perhaps some of what he's done has been in haste, but there is no sensible comparison to be made between a hasty and, perhaps, aggressive response to doxxing, and the act of doxxing itself. There likely is a problem with impulsivity in GP, but - while I doubt it was the intention of the authors of the statement - the way they went about presenting the chain of events as all being caused by impulsivity did compare Quebec's actions with Rosa and IMPC doxxing. I'd thought that may be an issue when first I read the post; All American Confederacy's posts prove the point: "It’s just universally, inarguably awful on all fronts. No side is good. Everyone’s just awful."
That is not true. Rosa and IMPC's actions, driven by impulsivity or not, were inexcusable. Quebec's were not. The perception that "no side is good" is one derived entirely from reading BoM's presentation of events, and demonstrates that its portrayal of events leans too heavily on criticising Quebec and others who argued vocally for action to be taken against doxxers.

I appreciate that BoM wants to see a less toxic GP, and hopes this will be the necessary wake-up call that the toxicity is harming people outside the game. But presenting, intentionally or otherwise, Qubec's actions as remotely comparable with IMPC's and Rosa's is not a good start. I, too, hope GP can become less toxic. I doubt that's going to happen, but I suppose we can hope.

I'd also question the decision by figures in BoM seeming to make light of the situation directly after their organisation posted a statement that included a partial acknowledgement that their leadership's posting around this issue has been in poor taste. That's honestly just baffling.
Last edited by Altasund on Sun Dec 29, 2024 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KPS on top

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6401
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Dec 29, 2024 9:51 pm

All-American Confederacy wrote:
The Universe World wrote:What Quebec said. Outside of maybe a few comments, this is not a "both sides" issue (it's okay that you thought it was, though! The thread is a bit confusing :).)

Yeah, honestly it’s indecipherable this situation.

I would recommend starting with actually reading about it. It's pretty fucking clear.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sun Dec 29, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Constable of The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
Commended by Security Council Resolution #420

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, SC #238, and SC #490| Co-Author of SC#191
WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

User avatar
Rhaza
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1330
Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rhaza » Sun Dec 29, 2024 9:57 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
All-American Confederacy wrote:Yeah, honestly it’s indecipherable this situation.

I would recommend starting with actually reading about it. It's pretty fucking clear.

To be fair to them, it's really not clear, at least going off of this thread. The BoM statement is deliberately worded to muddle the situation as much as possible (i.e. mentioning me more than Rosa and Creeper combined), and the people who signed the statement are directly contradicting (by telling us to quote if we want serious responses) the actions of the posters (who clearly have no intention to reply).
Last edited by Rhaza on Sun Dec 29, 2024 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gamma Crucis
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Nov 17, 2019
Capitalizt

Postby Gamma Crucis » Sun Jan 05, 2025 10:52 am

The Vampire King and a group of Assassins decided to take a trip to the Update Variance Amusement Park and ride some rollercoasters. On the way, they found a hawk friend and stopped in some regions to look for coins for the arcade. Once they reached the amusement park, they enjoyed the spinning teacups ride, but found the famous Update Variance Rollercoaster to be a lot less exciting than expected.

Assassins
Assassin Gamma Crucis (trigger)
Valtarre the Vampire King
Senior Assassin New Sunville
Senior Assassin Klaus Devestatorie
SGT Klarken, TBH

Hits
United Micronations
The Depot
Flevoland
Council Of The Righteous
Davistan Union
Weldeeren
World Peace
Comicaria
The United Antarctic People
they/them
Marshall, Purple Pony Club
there is an ocean in my soul where the waters do not curve

User avatar
Venico
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1396
Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Venico » Sun Jan 05, 2025 10:57 am

Great work Assassins, may you whet your blades against the flesh of your foes. Woe unto your enemies for the Overseer cloaks your path.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

User avatar
Hesskin Empire
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 108
Founded: Jan 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hesskin Empire » Mon Jan 06, 2025 12:58 pm

On the major update of January 4th, 2025, the cult region of the Brotherhood of Malice sent a team of Assassins into the regions:


After confirmation of these hits Master of Ceremonies Hesskin Empire ordered them graffitied marked in praise of the Overseer. Throughout the tagging the Assassins decided to use their most advanced new tactic – throwing random bullshit at the game and winning.

Signed,
Master of Ceremonies Hesskin Empire, Trigger
Valtarre the Vampire King
Shadowmaster The Ever-Wanderer
taskmaster devious
Senior Assassin Klaus Devestatorie
Assassin Gamma Crucis
Ghazia-Rahman Ammarah bint Rigel al-Asteorra
She/Her/Hers || Proud Queer Muslim
Trans rights are human rights.
||||||||||||||||||||
Queen of Tannborn and Kronenberg, Duchess of Ansrau, Helmfurt, and Fürstenzell, Margrave of Osterhausen and Delmenfingen, and Lady of Hügelstat and Kaiserin-Emeritus of Hartfelden
Her Grace the Duchess of Eprom, Marquis of Kammara, Earl of Upper Strathia, and Lady Mayor of Zelva of Sildoria
Taskmaster of the Brotherhood of Malice
Countess Sylvoria and, Baroness Tybradia of Kantrias
Chief Vizier of Osiris
The Rt. Hon. Earl of Leinster, Viscountess of Dublin, Baroness of Greenwich, First Sea Lady (Ret.) in the Empire of Great Britain

User avatar
Sernet
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1514
Founded: Nov 30, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Sernet » Sat Jan 25, 2025 4:06 am

All-American Confederacy wrote:Cant we just talk about Thomas the Tank Engine?

My favourite engine was always James. Such a mischievous little scamp.

frfr
straight Polish muslim maniac east london sigma semi-roadman Arsenal supporter who loves trains and might be addicted to nationstates and stepford county railway (roblox). did i metion that i love trains?
Location (where i live): London, UK I LOVE TRAINS :D
The Sernetian Empire
sig still kind of wip[ (soon i will fix it lol
HERE COME THE SERNETIANS
News | Dispatches | Q&A | Embassy | something

User avatar
XXURBANXX
Envoy
 
Posts: 282
Founded: Dec 12, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby XXURBANXX » Sun Jan 26, 2025 10:25 am

Rhaza wrote:
Dyanderna wrote:No one is saying they were hidden in your corners, but those logs were all several months old that would have been very good for us to see earlier than we did. It doesn't matter who it was that kept the logs to themselves, all that matters is that the logs were kept to themselves, if any of us had received them earlier there would've been a decision made much earlier.

Sigh

We need you guys to understand. Rosa felt protected in the spaces she existed to harass people. Whether it was BoM, or social groups of ex-Astorians - Rosa felt safe harassing people, she felt as though she had power to do so.

These logs did not surface earlier because people did not feel safe coming forward. They felt they'd be targeted, whether it was Rosa, Omni and Durm rallying to try to get people banned from NSGP, or the more intense and pervasive things in other spaces.

This is not the first time we've seen this. Sleet felt safe insulting Tim's sexuality, she felt safe following Vara from server to server to suggest he was socially unwell, she felt safe constantly accusing me of transphobia or misogyny without basis - because she knew she would never get more than a talking-to. And she was right - until she crossed a red line of conduct I cannot elaborate on here.

Rosa's situation is remarkably similar. People were patently afraid or unwilling to come forward until she was facing heat for crossing a red line (publicly) with Creeper. There needs to be deeper investigations into how this sort of thing was enabled to that point.

It wasn't something people only saw recently because nobody wanted to share it, but because these two users thrived off of bullying people into silence, where the penalty for crossing them was being ostracized from their communities, followed around and harassed, etc.

Question. Were the political raids generally Rosartemis-led?
A technologicially modern economic powerhouse, but industrially weak Republic struggling under the weight of extreme taxation and incompetent leadership. The state, loosely held together by self-governing districts, survives primarily on the export of coal and fruit. The land is majority dense evergreen forests and windswept mountains, and the weather is relatively cold. Wet uneven terrain and fiercely resistant indigenous cultures and fiefdoms discouraged Azuran, Stigyan and Allouxian settlement of Urbanian lands into the 20th century. Yet, these virgin lands remain rich in culture, ancient knowledge and unusual food. Consider visiting Urbania today!

User avatar
East Chimore
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 377
Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby East Chimore » Sun Jan 26, 2025 11:27 am

XXURBANXX wrote:Question. Were the political raids generally Rosartemis-led?

If by political you mean anti-fascist raids, no.
Last edited by East Chimore on Sun Jan 26, 2025 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chimore, She/They
Silver Dragon | Empress | Holy Director

Reveler of Bacchism, N Day 10 & N Day 12 Winner
The Seeker of Power wrote: Most of the people in this place often forget this is supposed to be fun. They call it "Game" for a reason.

User avatar
XXURBANXX
Envoy
 
Posts: 282
Founded: Dec 12, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby XXURBANXX » Mon Feb 03, 2025 3:49 pm

East Chimore wrote:
XXURBANXX wrote:Question. Were the political raids generally Rosartemis-led?

If by political you mean anti-fascist raids, no.

Okay. Thanks!
A technologicially modern economic powerhouse, but industrially weak Republic struggling under the weight of extreme taxation and incompetent leadership. The state, loosely held together by self-governing districts, survives primarily on the export of coal and fruit. The land is majority dense evergreen forests and windswept mountains, and the weather is relatively cold. Wet uneven terrain and fiercely resistant indigenous cultures and fiefdoms discouraged Azuran, Stigyan and Allouxian settlement of Urbanian lands into the 20th century. Yet, these virgin lands remain rich in culture, ancient knowledge and unusual food. Consider visiting Urbania today!

User avatar
Kartruh
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Feb 28, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kartruh » Sat Mar 08, 2025 12:28 pm

March Malice: The Sequel


Ah, the passage of time. This time, last year we attempted to host a tag raid every single update! Of course, some of our assassins may be shocked by the "this time, last year" part, since some of them argue that it feels so long ago and some seem to think it happened last month. In any case, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to use our daggers on random innocent regions in the name of the Overseer.

Malicious Assassins:
Valtarre the Vampire King
Senior Assassin New Sunville
Senior Assassin Bloody Good Riot
Assassin Kartruh - trigger


1st Minor Update Hits (25):
sigmastan
Tahilen
The league of san jose
Turko iranic mountains
Indianaia
Bingus continent
Libertium
The crab port
Wetumpka council of nations
Herptopia
The united states of tgk
The imperial union of order states
The union of cosul cal and like minded
The conglomerate
World military
The great hell reich of america
Van diemens island
Goiky plains
Rat purgatory
Cat united coalition
Czarist russia
Anti sernet alliance
Season 3 cards
Jorsanias cringe alt storage
Harken

User avatar
Bloody Good Riot
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Nov 17, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Bloody Good Riot » Sun Mar 09, 2025 9:35 am

March Malice 2: 2nd Minor Update

it's march.
happy march everyone. praise the overseer.

The malicious assassins of BoM went raiding and stabbed some regions.

Malicious Forces:


Senior Assassin Bloody Good Riot (trigger)
Senior Assassin Malicious NPU
Senior Assassin New Sunville


At the second minor of March, the following regions got raided:

The Allied Army Of The Great Dachu
The Johto Region
Straw Hats
Davistan Union
Pasqual
Confederados Do Flanelistan
The Intermarium
Fridgefield
The Spelunkers
Nutashka Empire
Rockets Full Of Dogs
Ducky2
United Armies
Antifurra Latina
Sunshine Of Love

Praise the Overseer!
Last edited by Bloody Good Riot on Sun Mar 09, 2025 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Phantom Gambler
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Aug 20, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Phantom Gambler » Wed Mar 12, 2025 12:56 pm

Royal stood in the gaze of a streetlight, staring down the band of unfortunate soldiers who ran upon him, screaming and waving guns with no regard for their impending death. Royal sighed tiredly, drawing his daggers and making quick work of them. As they lay crumpled and twitching, he knelt and pulled his blade from the chest of their unfortunate leader, staring into the crimson-stained blade dispassionately. Royal listened as its scarlet coating dripped onto the cold concrete, unmoved by what was usually one of his favorite sounds. He'd repeated this process of killing so many times now. Countless dead lay at his feet and yet he found no pleasure in it anymore, instead feeling a hollow void where mischief had once been.
Flicking the blood from his blades, he returned them to their sheaths without the usual ceremony.
"You look like shit." Came a voice from behind Royal. He spun around, daggers redrawn and mere inches from the throat of... Alex, the Battlemaster. Alex raised their finger, pushing down the point of Royal's dagger.
"What has you down, friend?" the Battlemaster asked examining the corpses around them. "Your fighting isn't as brutal as usual."
Royal sighed, leaning against a decorative tree.
"It's the same thing every day," Royal began. "Kill, kill, kill. We don't do anything fun anymore."
Alex leaned against the tree as well. "I know. I might have something for you."
Royal couldn't help but smile. Maybe today wouldn't be so bad, after all.

Malicious Murderers:
Integration Master The Phantom Gambler (trigger)
Senior Assassin Queen of the Ruckus
Assassin Neo Society

Hawkish Hunter:
PFC Nine-Tailed Fox

Hits:
Second Guesses
Grapological Region
Bator
Murkton
Rootbeerisgod
Murder and Mayhem await~

Senior Assassin and Integration Master of The Brotherhood of Malice

When you gamble against Malice, the house always wins.

Your defenders are long gone.

User avatar
The Sapientia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 614
Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapientia » Mon Mar 24, 2025 7:08 am

SOPHIA RAIDED - MALICE SPREAD - JOY SHARED

Image


I think the last time I planned, pointed, and helped lead an operation I was a teenager. It feels really cool to know the same people who helped me learn the basics of NS however many years ago are still there supporting me when I try again a decade later.

I missed the buildup prior to the jump, reaching out to allies, coordinating the best possible update, setting up the triggers, (getting other people to start) figuring out the math, the pre-jump VC, all of it was such a cool experience back then that I really hope everyone new who maybe hasn’t raided a whole bunch got to experience that same fun this operation.

I am very grateful to people like Thorn and Valt who are so passionate about the tiny organizational details behind running an operation with their large spreadsheets full of excel formulas. There’s also the likes of Souls and Alex who do math and create tools I both do not understand nor do I want to understand.

All this to say, the Brotherhood of Malice, joined by our raider friends from LoTD, TBH, Sparkalia, Kantrias, Osiris, and the Purple Pony Club raided Sophia and I was hoping this would be a really fun cool battle between raider and defender but due to reasons spoken about elsewhere that’s not gonna be the case.

For the longest time I was content with just being apart of the culture and being able to enjoy a space where I was probably the youngest person in the room, knowing it was safe and free from judgment as I did cringy teenager things. I am older now and I see people who are in the spot I was ten years ago and that pulls at my heart strings a little bit. What was the most fun for me back then and what gave me the biggest sense of community was large cool raids. So I’m gonna try and do more of that while trying to foster the same vibes that made being in a group chat of a bunch of political nerds seem cool to teenage me.

Thank you to every single jumper who showed up, so dope to see near 30 people show up on a Sunday afternoon for my fun little project and thank you to the crazy amount of pilers who all mobilized in less than 24 hours - warms my heart.

The Brotherhood of Malice

Valtarre the Vampire King
Shadowmaster Raxion High Priest of Missing the Endo Despite Being A Raider for 12 Years
Shadowmaster The Ever-Wanderer
Battlemaster Thorn1000
Taskmaster devious
Integration Master The Phantom Gambler
Outside World Master The Sapientia <------------------------------ That's me
Veteran Assassin Lugus Triune
Senior Assassin New Sunville
Senior Assassin Queen of the Ruckus
Assassin Neo Society
Assassin Kartruh
Assassin Homyland
Assassin Barlyy
Assassin Archangel Ambis
Assassin Skorrord

Lair of the Dragon

The Silver Dragon East Chimore
Greatwyrm Nox Ira
Greatwyrm Ignilacrim
Ancient Dragon Briamont
Young Dragon House of the Velaryons
Wyrmling The Gilded Darklands
Wyrmling Archangel Shadow

The Black Hawks

COL Pterodaxtyl
LTN Dyanderna
LTN Soviet Socialist Liechtenstein
LTN Tyrannical Porcupines United
SGT Archalit
CPL The pig empire

Sparkalia

Sage Chaotic Sparkles
Sorceress The SuperRaccoon Illuminati
Sorceress Choslow

Sekhmet Legion of Osiris

Seneny Malphe II
Seneny All Mummified Things
Last edited by The Sapientia on Mon Mar 24, 2025 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoM Outside World Master | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | TNP Security Officer

User avatar
Lupercalia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Oct 18, 2024
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Lupercalia » Mon Mar 24, 2025 7:12 am

No support. I will comment no further on this matter as a player. Barack Obama, however, spoke well in his Second Inaugural Address: "No single person can train all the math or science teachers we'll need to equip our children for the future, or build all the roads and networks and research labs that will bring new jobs and businesses to our shores."

User avatar
Notanam
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 354
Founded: Feb 21, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Notanam » Mon Mar 24, 2025 7:22 am

sophia has fallen

billions must love
This is Nota's signature.

User avatar
Valtarre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 112
Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Valtarre » Mon Mar 24, 2025 7:24 am

I wasn't expecting such a touching report. Sap deserves no shortage of credit for his work on this operation, and his ascension to a leadership position in the Brotherhood was clearly overdue. He brings a levity and calm to what is objectively a hectic and stressful endeavor, and keeps everyone in a great mood the whole way.

While he spends his report talking about how he has benefited from our guidance in the last 11 years, it is only fair that I highlight how much we in turn have benefited from his growth as an assassin, leader, and person. I'm very proud of the young man who stands above the burning wreckage of Sophia, and can't wait to see what more he can do.
The Vampire King of The Brotherhood of Malice
Posts from this nation are always in-character.

User avatar
Omnicontrol
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1340
Founded: Sep 03, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Omnicontrol » Mon Mar 24, 2025 9:53 am

congrats on the raid sap!
Hi! I'm Nova! (she/her. no they/them) || Democratic Socialist || #1 Papen hater
Author of SC #495 (co-authored) || Currently drafting an issue || Vicar and Prophet of Enomenos
||||||||||||||| Trans rights are human rights.
Reventus Koth wrote:you're right guys my bad the next time i write a treaty i'll make sure to leave the possibility of raiding the other signatory on the table
Black Lamia wrote:Every aspect of this site is an unpleasant chore to interact with.
United Calanworie wrote:…how… how many… of you use a kindle???? to access the web???

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7321
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Mar 24, 2025 7:06 pm

30 people, no leaks, good hit on big frontier, epic pile, dozens of malice pilers.... still got the JUICE.

Good job my brother from another mother (Sap) <3
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Chaotic Sparkles
Envoy
 
Posts: 202
Founded: Feb 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Chaotic Sparkles » Mon Mar 24, 2025 8:50 pm

a pleasure to be of service sap. look forward what comes of this.
Chaotic Sparkles
She/Her
The Proud Founder of Sparkalia
| | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | || | | | |

Quebecshire wrote:God you were annoying. You were the caricature of natives that raise my blood pressure.
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Quebecshire wrote:Operation of the Year: South Pacific & Magna Aurea
The victory that had us on the edge of our seats, and proved to be the most fulfilling of the year.

No Refunds.
Angeloid Astraea wrote:"In War, Vi-... ah forget this."
SANCTIONED BY MGC: On Europe
TSP: A Statement on Concord
GPs Most Popular 2023
Founder of the Best New Region of 2022 and UCR of 2023

User avatar
Rudastan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 193
Founded: Jul 18, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rudastan » Mon May 26, 2025 7:25 am

Image
Rudak logging into NS.

Raid Report: Minor, 25th of May, 2025


For some unknown reason, we have decided to log onto this godforsaken site to raid, and no defenders showed up to stop us. We don't blame them at all. We hit 9 out of 11 targets, which is fitting.

Valtarre the Vampire King
Senior Assassin Rudastan (trigger)
Assassin Gamma Arcturus
Assassin Horacellum

Your friendly resident duck.

User avatar
Valtarre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 112
Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Valtarre » Fri Aug 01, 2025 7:49 pm

Returning to Hibernation


Good evening, Gameplay. We're the Brotherhood of Malice, and we're here to say goodbye.

To those unfamiliar with who we are, I'd like to introduce ourselves. We're the raider region that ended "The Long Peace" when we returned to the field back in 2022. Essentially every major foreign affairs policy of the last three and a half years has been centered around us, or the principles that we champion. There are very few relevant regions and organizations who have made it through the last few years without taking a firm stance one way or the other regarding us. With our many talented friends and allies, we have enjoyed many historic victories, established incredibly fruitful bonds, and shared memories we'll never forget. With our countless unyielding foes, we have endured sieges on all fronts, in every theater imaginable. War, intrigue, betrayal, conquest, maybe even a little romance between the pages. We've seen it all. We've seen too much.

This isn't the first time we've been here, though. The Brotherhood of Malice was co-founded by Venico the Night Father and Valtarre the Vampire King in September 2012, in a much different landscape to the present day. We've been through many cycles of hibernation and activity, usually brought on by the one or both of Venico and I running out of steam. It became such a common phenomenon that one of our veteran members, Deathstroke the Terminator, coined the now-common refrain: "Malice never dies".

When we announced our takeover of Osiris, we had been dormant for many months. This is the nature of The Overseer, you see: we strike from the shadows, and eventually we return to their embrace, waiting for the time to be right to strike again. The span of time from 2015 to 2022 was by far the longest hibernation yet, a full seven years in the shadows. But when we emerged for our most recent revival, let me tell you, we came back with a bang. Hot off the heels of the paradigm-shifting occupation of A Liberal Haven, we wasted no time in plunging our daggers anywhere that fit our target criteria. More than anything else we brought with us from the old days, it was our target criteria that really surprised the modern landscape. Venico presented it to the world in a timeless manner that has since become mantra (though slightly modified for the times): Raider Unity, Maintain a Governor, Sign a Treaty. Though this approach ruffled feathers at the time and has only continued to become more and more of a talking point since, it didn't stop us from executing, with the help of many talented allies, the greatest raid of all time in The Mystical Council. In a truly historic show of force not seen before or since in any occupation without the aid of defenders, over 260 WA nations pledged their swords to the region's destruction.

I will not spend this entire announcement going over the entire laundry list of our accomplishments since 2022. After all, this is supposed to be about us leaving the game behind. There is plenty more reading material for future readers to explore on their own time, whether it be in this thread (major highlights can be found linked in the Malice Award Card Deck), a compilation reference such as Libertia-Columbia's war compendium, or in any of the hundreds of places our daggers have left their mark in the past few years. The point I'd like to emphasize is this: from the minute we started making waves until the minute I post this announcement, we have been the central pillar upon which the entire modern Gameplay landscape has decided to build itself. With one last burst of chaos, we're ready to blow that foundation to smithereens, and watch from the shadows to see what emerges from the rubble.

The truth of the matter is that we never in our wildest dreams thought that we'd reach the heights that we have in the last few years. Our success caught us completely by surprise -- Venico figured that perhaps he'd wrangle maybe five Malice veterans from the old days that could pile on our allies' occupations, and we'd spend the rest of the time chilling out and watching football. It just happened to be that there was a hunger among the Gameplay community to end The Long Peace, and what we were offering was something entirely fresh to those that were not around in the days of our past. We made the absolute most of the opportunities we were given, however. During this entire run, not a single occupation we led had ever ended in a liberation. We gave it our absolute best until the time was right to move on, as we always do. As it was always foretold, from the very beginning of our revival.

I'd like to take a minute to express gratitude to the many friends, allies, and compatriots who have worked alongside us during this chapter of Malice. You have allowed our adventures to reach new heights and greater achievements than would have been possible on our own. It is our hope that our return to slumber allows all of you to shine more prominently, as you deserve. To those of you who held firm to our treaties even when the pressure reached astounding levels, especially those of you who aren't even raiders, I can't begin to express how much your friendship means to us. Your allegiance kept our fire burning during our darkest days, and I will always treasure that. We will miss fighting by your side, but keep up the good fight. To our treaty partners: we'll be in touch about absolving you of your obligations to us however it best suits you.

For those among our enemies eager to begin celebrating, I generously offer you just one piece of advice. Do not be so consumed by your own propaganda that you convince yourselves that the image that you have constructed of the landscape in your (at least what you assume to be) private conversations entirely reflects reality. Though the institution of the Brotherhood is returning to the shadows, its agents and true believers are still here, ready to show you all what they are capable of without the overbearing shadow of the image you've crafted of Malice hovering over them. Malice is a concept, and the nature of such things is that sometimes you don't fully get to control what that idea is once it leaves your own mind and enters the world apart from you. But as it has been twisted and distorted by its enemies, it has always empowered its members and its allies, and its spirit will live on in its scions. Dear reader, it's at this point that we switch roles. You, now, are the one who knows how this story plays out from here. I will be reading it in the future, far away from all this.

It was lovely to dance with you all. If the time is ever right yet again, you know we'll be back. Malice never dies.

Your preeminent villain,
Valtarre the Vampire King
Left Hand of The Overseer
The Vampire King of The Brotherhood of Malice
Posts from this nation are always in-character.

User avatar
Ambroscus Koth
Minister
 
Posts: 2158
Founded: May 06, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Fri Aug 01, 2025 7:49 pm

Every fiber of my body wants to leave things there, but I feel compelled to come to you all one last time, in this vulnerable moment, not as Koth or Valtarre but as the player behind the screen. Writing these posts was so unimaginably difficult for me to do (I wrote most of this weeks ago), not because I don't fully believe it is the right thing to do, but because it simply feels so wrong for me to detach and step back from something that has meant so much to me over the last few years. I have truly put my heart and soul into this performance, doing everything in my power to create a compelling narrative that enriched the lives of my friends and foes alike. It has taken far too much out of me. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety that now demands that I let go of these parts of my life that cause me so much stress. If a game you ostensibly play for fun is causing this kind of stress, you have to re-evaluate your relationship with it. The player behind Venico, my best friend and the man alongside whom I embarked on this journey nearly 13 years ago, already went through this same process months ago, and I long to feel the same weight lifted from my shoulders.

I could keep going the way I have been, indefinitely. Battlefield losses have never deterred me, I've done some of my best work as an underdog. Don't mistake this decision as the natural end result of recent liberations; people in the know can attest that I've been struggling mightily with my relationship to NationStates for a long time now, even when we were unquestioningly winning every battle. The fact of the matter is that I locked myself into a way of playing the game as a teenager that I have felt irrationally compelled to only further double down on as I rapidly approach my 30th birthday. It's a firebrand playstyle that demands cutting wit, unmatchable finesse, and a general level of perfection that while I have always striven for and often attain, feels like the worst pain I've ever endured when I feel like I've come up short. This is a battle I've been waging mostly in silence against my own self for years now, and I have to pull myself away from these self-imposed responsibilities for the sake of my own health.

The time is right to put Malice to sleep because I am not mentally in a position to do right by it anymore. It's not the kind of region that gets passed down to its successors, and all of its leaders, junior and senior, prefer it that way. I don't say any of this to put a damper on anyone's impending celebrations, and I apologize for "mixing IC with OOC" by saying any of this. If you're glad we're gone, then the feeling is mutual, don't worry about it. Just...I know I'm asking a big favor here, but please try to keep in mind when you're replying to this post that I'm trying to do the right thing here, put RL above NS in the most important and difficult way I ever have. I can't take the heat, so I'm walking out of the kitchen. Despite my incredibly raw feelings on the matter, I only want to show respect. I ask, for just this one final time, that the game I've given so much of my life to can return the favor. Even if you truly hold hate in your heart for me, I don't feel the same. I have to heal, and a big part of that will be letting go of my negative feelings for anything that's transpired in this game. I only want to remember the good times, even and especially the ones I've had with you. It was never all bad. I will carry you all in my heart forever. Rent free.

Be good. Do good. God bless. Go Bills.
Patience pays off.

User avatar
Nol Aker
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Mar 20, 2025
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nol Aker » Fri Aug 01, 2025 7:50 pm

MERRY NSMAS WAR IS OVER

Apologies for all the edits. I don't want to make four statements...

With the collapse of the hegemon, the base of the House of Cards, the rest shall fall down. Without any guidance from its now dormant puppetmaster, regions such as Kantrias and Osiris are destined to fall.

I will not miss the Brotherhood. Since I departed from raiderdom in January of this year with my two-month inactivity, I have never missed raiderdom. It is... interesting to see the Brotherhood go this way. But it is not sad. I wish well wishes upon the people who depart NationStates because of this collapse.
Last edited by Nol Aker on Fri Aug 01, 2025 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Caliph of All NationStates
I will make Babylon great again

User avatar
Varanius
WA Secretary-General, Issues Editor
 
Posts: 1317
Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Fri Aug 01, 2025 7:57 pm

I know it’s 8pm but I would swear the sun just came out
Delegate of the West Pacific
Founding Father of the Sovereign Seven
World Assembly Secretary-General
Issues Editor


Belleroph wrote:We have Vara, a fucking shortsighted, self centered, selfish prick as the Delegate of The West Pacific
Sedgistan wrote:Custom forum titles have been applied to the winners. Vara's is big.
Haymarket Riot wrote:Vara is effectively the weapon of a political machine
Ambroscus Koth wrote:When Vara says "jump", the Gameplay elite ask "how high?"
Pallaith wrote: You preening showboating motherfuckers have just derailed my evening

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Oseao

Advertisement

Remove ads