NATION

PASSWORD

[DISCUSSION] NS Cliches, General Political Thread.

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Dengist China
Minister
 
Posts: 3227
Founded: Jan 08, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dengist China » Wed Jun 11, 2025 2:56 pm

Ineva wrote:
Dengist China wrote:if something is breaking rules, and I note that it is,

Except it is not, nor have you provided any evidence that the thread in question is deliberately and/or routinely breaking site rules.
but I also want something that is currently against the rules...

This further fails to answer one of my enquiries regarding your intentions with this stealth report--though, at this point, one can hardly argue that this report is at all stealthy:
Why object to a TET-like thread in the Moderation sub-forum--even though the thread in question does not resemble it much at all--if your motive all along was to actually support the existence of TET-like threads?

maybe I might want what's going on in NS Cliches to be actually sanctioned by the mods and not be squashed.

So, again, this thread you've created never really was intended to foster meaningful discussion, it was simply a thinly veiled attempt at getting N.S. Clichés to be subverted and overly regulated for reasons from which you continue to distract. I'll, again, quote myself regarding something you've failed to address in your "one simple response":
There'd only be one of two things to discuss: (1) the thread's closure, or (2) a complete frame-shift of the thread that would only maintain it in name only. No person who does not want to see this thread's demise would bring up it to Moderation and call it a "duplicate thread of TET", without the intent of making it mod-sanctioned, locked, red-texted, or some combination of the aforementioned.

This brings me to my final enquiry for you, which I doubt you'll bother answering in a manner of good faith: Do you have any intention with your thread that doesn't solely under-mine the N.S. Clichés thread? Because actively reporting the N.S. Clichés for conduct you supposedly want permitted comes off as extremely counter-intuitive. It's almost as though you don't actually crave TET duplicate discussion threads to spring up, instead simply needing an excuse to label N.S. Clichés as one such thread so that moderators would act on it.

Or, as I've repeated several times, that maybe I think that rules should be changed to allow Cliches in its current form.
Current:
Governor of Tinga
Master of the arts of Empires Forever United
House Speaker & Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Aesica

Former:
Speaker of the Damned of Hell
Ambassador of Hell to Hells Lounge
Embassy officer of Regionless.
Tingan Minister of Foreign Affairs
Tingan Roleplay Manager
Tingan General Secretary/Sec of Sec
Haymarket Riot wrote:Cool, I identify as a mod.

*bans player for transphobia*
Lusitanic wrote:I prayed "God, make my enemies ridiculous"... and He sent me to General on the NationStates forums.

User avatar
Diarcesia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7577
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Autocracy

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Jun 11, 2025 4:52 pm

Dengist China wrote:
Ineva wrote:Except it is not, nor have you provided any evidence that the thread in question is deliberately and/or routinely breaking site rules.

This further fails to answer one of my enquiries regarding your intentions with this stealth report--though, at this point, one can hardly argue that this report is at all stealthy:


So, again, this thread you've created never really was intended to foster meaningful discussion, it was simply a thinly veiled attempt at getting N.S. Clichés to be subverted and overly regulated for reasons from which you continue to distract. I'll, again, quote myself regarding something you've failed to address in your "one simple response":

This brings me to my final enquiry for you, which I doubt you'll bother answering in a manner of good faith: Do you have any intention with your thread that doesn't solely under-mine the N.S. Clichés thread? Because actively reporting the N.S. Clichés for conduct you supposedly want permitted comes off as extremely counter-intuitive. It's almost as though you don't actually crave TET duplicate discussion threads to spring up, instead simply needing an excuse to label N.S. Clichés as one such thread so that moderators would act on it.

Or, as I've repeated several times, that maybe I think that rules should be changed to allow Cliches in its current form.

Reploid Productions wrote:III. Thou shalt understand what is allowed in Forum 7.
Forum 7 is our casual chatter forum. Types of threads that can go in here include: chat/social threads that contain some thread of conversation ("chat" threads that are deemed purely spam will be locked [Please see here regarding C/CLTs],) word games, non-Nationstates related roleplays, and other less-serious sorts of discussion. Want to seriously debate sports? There are threads on that in the General forum. Want to hang around a virtual sports bar watching a game while drinking and bantering with folks that turns into a bar fight? That's more Forum 7 material.

User avatar
Untecna
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11673
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:20 pm

Dengist China wrote:
Saor Alba wrote:Why does the nature of the thread concern you in the slightest when you do not participate in it and you have made clear your intent to leave the site in less than two weeks? Have any regular participants confided to you that they object to it in its current state?

I am saying 'it's rulebreaking now, but I think rules should be changed to allow this rather than making people follow rules'

And yet the thread doesn't violate any rules.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Untecna ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starizon's Resident Lizard ~ Minister, Gameside ~ Deputy Minister, Culture
3x LGA ~ 1x GA2 ~ 1x Issues
Always lizardbrained, aren't I?

User avatar
Fahran
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30809
Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Fahran » Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:50 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I appreciate your thought and opinion on the matter. Not to be that guy, but just for a bit... TET is technically in NSG. ^^;

Sorry, Val. I have to add you to my naughty list now. :p

In all seriousness, my brain slipped there. Several folks have mentioned that TET is, in fact, in General. I knew, in fact, that TET was in general. And yet my brain decided it was going to categorize TET as a F7 thread for the lulz. Very spacecore of me.

Valentine Z wrote:It is that yes, NS Cliches sometimes tend to drift apart, but we have all sorts of self-moderation going on and control - often times, anyway. And if not cliches, I feel that it deserve a stay for the potential and benefit of us F7ers being able to share all sorts of tropes (and cliches) along with worldbuilding that we are all working on. ♥

I'm inclined to agree as a player with a reasonable degree of familiarity with both threads, though I'm not a regular contributor to either at the moment.
The chocolate industry is rooted in slave labor. You cannot materially oppose slavery while consuming mainstream chocolate brands. Buy ethical chocolate and advocate criminal and civil penalties for companies that exploit enslaved children!

User avatar
Neo-Hermitius
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1062
Founded: Jan 17, 2024
Corporate Police State

Postby Neo-Hermitius » Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:53 pm

Dengist China wrote:
Ineva wrote:Except it is not, nor have you provided any evidence that the thread in question is deliberately and/or routinely breaking site rules.

This further fails to answer one of my enquiries regarding your intentions with this stealth report--though, at this point, one can hardly argue that this report is at all stealthy:


So, again, this thread you've created never really was intended to foster meaningful discussion, it was simply a thinly veiled attempt at getting N.S. Clichés to be subverted and overly regulated for reasons from which you continue to distract. I'll, again, quote myself regarding something you've failed to address in your "one simple response":

This brings me to my final enquiry for you, which I doubt you'll bother answering in a manner of good faith: Do you have any intention with your thread that doesn't solely under-mine the N.S. Clichés thread? Because actively reporting the N.S. Clichés for conduct you supposedly want permitted comes off as extremely counter-intuitive. It's almost as though you don't actually crave TET duplicate discussion threads to spring up, instead simply needing an excuse to label N.S. Clichés as one such thread so that moderators would act on it.

Or, as I've repeated several times, that maybe I think that rules should be changed to allow Cliches in its current form.

it is allowed. do you think that 3 versions of a forum thread would be allowed to exist if they broke any rules?

User avatar
Fahran
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30809
Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Fahran » Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:55 pm

Untecna wrote:And yet the thread doesn't violate any rules.

Basically, this.

The premise of the discussion here is faulty and misunderstands why the RWDT/LWDT and other chat threads, excluding the TET, were banned and the rules responsible for said ban. The Cliches thread is pretty well-removed from the conversation as far as I can tell too - since it really isn't a chat thread.

It should probably be noted as well that all of the referenced threads are OOC. It may have been accidental, but I got the impression, DC, that you believed some of these might be IC threads.
Last edited by Fahran on Thu Jun 12, 2025 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
The chocolate industry is rooted in slave labor. You cannot materially oppose slavery while consuming mainstream chocolate brands. Buy ethical chocolate and advocate criminal and civil penalties for companies that exploit enslaved children!

User avatar
Valentine Z
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15039
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Jun 11, 2025 9:28 pm

Fahran wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I appreciate your thought and opinion on the matter. Not to be that guy, but just for a bit... TET is technically in NSG. ^^;

Sorry, Val. I have to add you to my naughty list now. :p

In all seriousness, my brain slipped there. Several folks have mentioned that TET is, in fact, in General. I knew, in fact, that TET was in general. And yet my brain decided it was going to categorize TET as a F7 thread for the lulz. Very spacecore of me.

Valentine Z wrote:It is that yes, NS Cliches sometimes tend to drift apart, but we have all sorts of self-moderation going on and control - often times, anyway. And if not cliches, I feel that it deserve a stay for the potential and benefit of us F7ers being able to share all sorts of tropes (and cliches) along with worldbuilding that we are all working on. ♥

I'm inclined to agree as a player with a reasonable degree of familiarity with both threads, though I'm not a regular contributor to either at the moment.

Ahhhh nuuuuu! :P

It's all good! I do think we can and should get along, but sadly, I think a couple of the people in TET does not like F7 as a whole. :/ But I digress and that's for another topic.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Jun 11, 2025 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♪ If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day so far ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down ! ♪
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

♡ Issues Thread ♡ Photography Stuff ♡ Project: Save F7. ♡ Stats Analysis ♡

♡ The Sixty! ♡ Valentian Stories! ♡ Gwen's Adventures! ♡

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

User avatar
Dengist China
Minister
 
Posts: 3227
Founded: Jan 08, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dengist China » Thu Jun 12, 2025 1:12 am

Fahran wrote:
Untecna wrote:And yet the thread doesn't violate any rules.

Basically, this.

The premise of the discussion here is faulty and misunderstands why the RWDT/LWDT and other chat threads, excluding the TET, were banned and the rules responsible for said ban. The Cliches thread is pretty well-removed from the conversation as far as I can tell too - since it really isn't a chat thread.

It should probably be noted as well that all of the referenced threads are OOC. It may have been accidental, but I got the impression, DC, that you believed some of these might be IC threads.

I believe that NS Cliches is a semi-IC thread.

But I do think a General Politics Discussion thread would be nice. Also, cliches does fall off-topic, so allowing that or making a thread in F7 or P2TM that does what Cliches does atm would be nice.
Current:
Governor of Tinga
Master of the arts of Empires Forever United
House Speaker & Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Aesica

Former:
Speaker of the Damned of Hell
Ambassador of Hell to Hells Lounge
Embassy officer of Regionless.
Tingan Minister of Foreign Affairs
Tingan Roleplay Manager
Tingan General Secretary/Sec of Sec
Haymarket Riot wrote:Cool, I identify as a mod.

*bans player for transphobia*
Lusitanic wrote:I prayed "God, make my enemies ridiculous"... and He sent me to General on the NationStates forums.

User avatar
Mahamalaya
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Jun 02, 2025
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahamalaya » Thu Jun 12, 2025 3:34 am

Dengist China wrote:I believe that NS Cliches is a semi-IC thread.

Except it isn’t.

Dengist China wrote:But I do think a General Politics Discussion thread would be nice.

I’m pretty sure the answer is a definite no at this point. Besides that, so far, there’s there’s not a single other person in this discussion expressing their support for this ‘political megathread’ idea that you said would be fun, if not for yourself (since you’re soon gone), then for others.

Dengist China wrote: Also, cliches does fall off-topic, so allowing that or making a thread in F7 or P2TM that does what Cliches does atm would be nice.

I don’t quite understand what you’re trying to say here.
☾⋆ ROYAL FEDERATION OF MAHAMALAYA UNITY IS STRENGTH
What if the 1963 Indonesia-Malaysia Confrontation escalated into a full-blown war, leading to Malaysia- not Indonesia- being regionally dominant? Wackiness ensues.
Factbooks Welcome Page
A nation by Langkasoka, though I've been around here for much longer | NS Stats & policies are not canon.

User avatar
Saor Alba
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1424
Founded: Dec 22, 2022
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saor Alba » Thu Jun 12, 2025 6:17 am

Dengist China wrote:I believe that NS Cliches is a semi-IC thread.

But it very clearly is not? I'm sorry but to reiterate again: you are not a regular participant in the thread - you have just eight posts in the thread - and yet you are here trying to pontificate on what the thread is like. This is getting a bit tiring and I think it is quite telling that multiple participants have already told you that your conceptions of the thread are wrong.
Liberal Conservative • Scottish Republican

User avatar
Gandoor
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10397
Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Thu Jun 12, 2025 9:29 am

Dengist China wrote:
Fahran wrote:Basically, this.

The premise of the discussion here is faulty and misunderstands why the RWDT/LWDT and other chat threads, excluding the TET, were banned and the rules responsible for said ban. The Cliches thread is pretty well-removed from the conversation as far as I can tell too - since it really isn't a chat thread.

It should probably be noted as well that all of the referenced threads are OOC. It may have been accidental, but I got the impression, DC, that you believed some of these might be IC threads.

I believe that NS Cliches is a semi-IC thread.

But I do think a General Politics Discussion thread would be nice. Also, cliches does fall off-topic, so allowing that or making a thread in F7 or P2TM that does what Cliches does atm would be nice.

It very much is not a semi-IC thread. I've been an active participant in every single incarnation of it, outside of occasional jokes satirizing RP cliches, all NS Cliches threads are exclusively OOC threads.

We all post there as ourselves, the players behind the accounts.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.' - Hebrews 13:8 (NRSVUE)
Flag is currently Cure Sky from Hirogaru Sky Precure
I'm a transfemme enby (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
30 years old
Autistic
Christian
OOC Info

User avatar
Untecna
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11673
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Thu Jun 12, 2025 9:51 am

Dengist China wrote:
Fahran wrote:Basically, this.

The premise of the discussion here is faulty and misunderstands why the RWDT/LWDT and other chat threads, excluding the TET, were banned and the rules responsible for said ban. The Cliches thread is pretty well-removed from the conversation as far as I can tell too - since it really isn't a chat thread.

It should probably be noted as well that all of the referenced threads are OOC. It may have been accidental, but I got the impression, DC, that you believed some of these might be IC threads.


But I do think a General Politics Discussion thread would be nice.

As with the rest of your ideas, I encourage you to think about why they don't currently exist before trying to tell everyone that they are the only correct ideas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Untecna ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starizon's Resident Lizard ~ Minister, Gameside ~ Deputy Minister, Culture
3x LGA ~ 1x GA2 ~ 1x Issues
Always lizardbrained, aren't I?

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor
 
Posts: 215526
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 12, 2025 12:23 pm

OP, I’ve never posted there but… if you’re so against the thread, why don’t you like… not post in it and leave the rest of the people there have their fun? It’s not hard.
≽^•⩊•^≼Bidh a h-uile dad a tha agus a bha, a sguir a bhith…-
Ye furry factbook. ≽^•⩊•^≼

Also: THERNSY!!
֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Borkmaster

Advertisement

Remove ads