NATION

PASSWORD

Condemn The Greater German Reich

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Saddams Kuwait
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saddams Kuwait » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:10 pm

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: The Greater German Reich

Proposed by: Saddams Kuwait

Description: RECOGNIZING the Nazi ideology as one of hate,

ASSERTING that any region condoning and encouraging such beliefs is a danger to a large range of minorities and cultures,

FURTHER ASSERTING that it is our responsibility to discourage this kind of intolerance,

HOPING that an official condemnation from the World Assembly will discourage people from listening to or believing any messages of hate or intolerance from this region,

the World Assembly hereby condemns the region of The Greater German Reich.
Last edited by Saddams Kuwait on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saddams Kuwait
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Saddams Kuwait » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

I will be making change to the wording and vocabulary of this bill, but the general idea of it is good. I liked the first NAZI EUROPE resolution, so I want to model this one after it.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Illegal on 3 counts:

1. You can't condemn a nation/region solely on the basis of ideology.

2. You can't make reference to RW ideology without showing how it applies to the nation/region in question.

3. Plagiarism.

Saddams Kuwait
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Saddams Kuwait » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Illegal on 3 counts:

1. You can't condemn a nation/region solely on the basis of ideology.

2. You can't make reference to RW ideology without showing how it applies to the nation/region in question.

3. Plagiarism.

OK so why was the original NAZI EUROPE condemnation allowed to stay in place for so long.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:23 pm

The ideology rule wasn't in place when it was passed, and neither was Rule 4. Additionally, one can't attempt to repeal a resolution on the grounds that its illegal, as any passed resolution is considered legal by nature of it being a passed piece of WA legislation.

Saddams Kuwait
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Saddams Kuwait » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:28 pm

OK so if this passes then it will be legal by nature of it being a passed piece of WA legislation.

Saddams Kuwait
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Saddams Kuwait » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Link to the ideology rule?

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm surprised the Mods *did* change the rules back to banning solely ideological C&Cs when repeal Nazi Europe passed.

I would of hoped that mods would of continued to allowed that, - with the caveat about RL Ideologies which is in place since rule 4. Guess that vindicates my ranting about the mods in that debate.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Saddams Kuwait wrote:OK so if this passes then it will be legal by nature of it being a passed piece of WA legislation.

It can't pass, since if it was submitted it would be deleted.

Saddams Kuwait wrote:Link to the ideology rule?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8809

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:I'm surprised the Mods *did* change the rules back to banning solely ideological C&Cs when repeal Nazi Europe passed.

I would of hoped that mods would of continued to allowed that, - with the caveat about RL Ideologies which is in place since rule 4. Guess that vindicates my ranting about the mods in that debate.

C&C resolutions are for the WA to take an opinion on the actions within NationStates of nations & regions. Note 'within NationStates', not RL. If the ideology of a nation or region amounts to more than just the thoughts of the player(s) behind the nation/region, then there will be concrete actions within NationStates for you to base your proposal on.

Zoerb
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoerb » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:06 pm

You should probably note it says "Condemn NAZI EUROPE" in your proposal even though the rest is about the Greater German Reich. Missed that when you were copy-pasting. :roll:
Proud delegate of Alliance of Awesomeness
"War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can" -Winston Churchill
"My god, it finally happened, Taiwan is invading China!" - Amaniachelmetjohnpi about LWU declaring war on 10000 Islands

Saddams Kuwait
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Saddams Kuwait » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Zoerb wrote:You should probably note it says "Condemn NAZI EUROPE" in your proposal even though the rest is about the Greater German Reich. Missed that when you were copy-pasting. :roll:

What?

Saddams Kuwait
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Saddams Kuwait » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:05 pm

This is my new and improved resolution.

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: The Greater German Reich

Proposed by: Saddams Kuwait

Description: ASSERTING that the Nazi ideology is hateful, vile, and disgusting,

BELIEVING that the World Assembly must not stand idly by as neo-Nazis take over Nationstates,

FURTHER BELIEVING that doing nothing would help to make the world safe for these Nazis,

RECOGNIZING from their World Factbook Entry and assorted forums that The Greater German Reich is a region full of Hitler lovers and other assorted Nazis,

And NOTING that expressing the opinions of its member nations is an appropriate purpose of the World Assembly and not in any way a violation of free speech,

the World Assembly hereby condemns the region of The Greater German Reich.
Last edited by Saddams Kuwait on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:09 pm

You're still mentioning a RW-ideology (Nazism) without reference to what it is in NationStates (and in fact that applies to all the references to Nazis too - unless you explain what Nazis are in the context of NS, it's presumed to be a RW reference). Additionally, Hitler is a RW reference, and thus illegal.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:15 am

Considering that less than a month ago you submitted the following proposal (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=80351&p=3841235#p3841235), I'm thinking you're just interested in writing illegal resolutions to damage the reputation of the SC.

The drafting of a condemnation of The Greater German Reich is already ongoing, so if you want you can put your suggestions in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=24&t=80837
Last edited by Frattastan on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Zakath banged his head over and over again upon his desk screaming
MAKE IT STOP OH GOD WHY MAKE IT STOP. I'm sick of hearing about these "nazis"!

OOC:The rules on this are clear, you CANNOT CONDEMN BASED ON REAL LIFE IDEOLOGY. CAN'T, CANNOT, IT IS NOT ALLOWED. No you can't pass a resolution allowing it, no you cannot look to repeal a resolution which will allow it, it is simply not allowed.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 22, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Flemingovia » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:40 am

I Would suggest putting in this clause:

"RECOGNISING that the combination of the letters N-A-Z and I and H-I-T-L-E and R in the Nationstates world has nothing to do with a similar or identical combination of letters in any other world, and that any similarity between the two is purely coincidental."
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

http://img808.imageshack.us/i/disclaimer.jpg/

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council