NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Copy That

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Copy That

Postby Cretox State » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:21 pm

I'm not really thrilled with this. The effect lines feel iffy and writing parts of the issue was like walking through mud. What do you think?

Copy That

Validity: Capitalism.

Description
While heading back to your office with an extra-large quintuple MoonBucksTM Say No to Littering latte that you were suddenly craving for some reason, you're informed that several major companies have recently been imitating the government's televised PSAs to advertise their own products to unsuspecting audiences.

Option 1
"I pour my life into this job!" sputters state media actor @@RANDOMNAME@@, storming off in the middle of a live broadcast to complain to you personally. "These companies are exploiting our credibility to boost sales to gullible fools, and we can't allow it to continue. You have to ban them from producing any advertising that resembles official government content. Those yokels out there are stupid, so we need to protect them from thieving... is that camera still on?"

Effect: the University of @@CAPITAL@@ cannot disclose whether or not its courses are accredited

Option 2
"Our very expensive and very professionally-done advertisements do not violate any laws, as concluded by our legal defense team," smarms corporate spokesperson @@RANDOMNAME@@, who recently had extensive surgery done to resemble the previous speaker. "You should be taking advantage of the situation and offering to promote products in your PSAs in exchange for a small cut of the revenue. It'll fill your coffers and remove any incentive to produce these ads at the same time."

Effect: drug overdose PSAs are followed by two hours of opioid commercials

Option 3
"The best solution here might be a bit unconventional," says registered foreign agent @@RANDOMNAME@@. "You should make these broadcasts as horrifically bad as possible. Loud screeching, strobe lights, terrible acting, unpopular messaging, the works. And play them all day. If people instinctively hate your guts, they won't respond well to people trying to copy you, now will they?"

Effect: @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ turn to drugs to get through the government's anti-drug PSAs
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Reserved.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:11 pm

Why would a coffee cup saying "Say no to littering" be a bad thing?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Juansonia
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Juansonia » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:36 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Why would a coffee cup saying "Say no to littering" be a bad thing?

It's leeching off of the intellectual work of government-made PSAs for the purposes of benefiting from familiarity. While the cup simply saying "Say no to littering" wouldn't be so bad, naming a latte after it would.
Hatsune Miku > British Imperialism
IC: MT if you ignore some stuff(mostly flavor), stats are not canon. Embassy link.
OOC: Owns and (sometimes) wears a maid outfit, wants to pair it with a FN SCAR-L. He/Him/His
Kernen did nothing wrong.
Space Squid wrote:Each sin should get it's own month.

Right now, Pride gets June, and Greed, Envy, and Gluttony have to share Thanksgiving/Black Friday through Christmas, Sloth gets one day in September, and Lust gets one day in February.

It's not equitable at all
Gandoor wrote:Cliché: A mod making a reply that's full of swearing after someone asks if you're allowed to swear on this site.

It makes me chuckle every time it happens.
Brits mistake Miku for their Anthem

Return to Got Issues?