NATION

PASSWORD

The Vanished Wilderness [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:50 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Nope, sorry Greta. No opposable thumbs, I'm afraid. Or fingers.

Ah, well. I suppose we'll have to get her some fingers, then.

Also, back to indigo. It says five bushels makes a small bottle of light blue, yes? How many bottles are in a pot? Sorry for all of the measurement questions, but I am plotting my path to world domination adventure and figuring out measurements is very important.

Also, also, in a furnace, how much fuel is needed to keep it running for a day?
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 am

Ralnis wrote:Name:Alfred "Ruddy" Rednbocker
Description:
Biography:Alfred was born within the Imperial military. His mother was a camp worker while his father was a corporal at the time. While the birth wasn't entirely on good note since the husband was trying to run away from his new duties, he took them in stride. Being raised in the military he grew with a discipline to fight against whatever enemy or new borders that Her Imperial Majesty wishes to expand. When it was time for him to join the military he joined the scouts and went far but eventually he's wanderlust got the best of him until he asked for a retirement when he could just be an explorer by his own merit.

It was first rejected but when one arrow struck him deep in the left lung. By the grace of the gods he survived but he didn't have the same lung capacity as before, hindering his endurance. Yet he got his retirement and his savings, using it to take a trip to the Wild Lands. A trip of adventure and exploration that he always wanted.
Skills: Hunter, Explorer, Martial Prowess

It's actually His Imperial Majesty, but aye :p - accepted, feel free to post as if you arrived with the rest of the group.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:55 am

Auphelia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Nope, sorry Greta. No opposable thumbs, I'm afraid. Or fingers.

Ah, well. I suppose we'll have to get her some fingers, then.

Also, back to indigo. It says five bushels makes a small bottle of light blue, yes? How many bottles are in a pot? Sorry for all of the measurement questions, but I am plotting my path to world domination adventure and figuring out measurements is very important.

Also, also, in a furnace, how much fuel is needed to keep it running for a day?

Let's call a small bottle roughly 4 ounces, and a five pound clay pot is roughly a gallon in volume, so 32 bottles in a pot. Pots are big.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:00 am

Any chance that a hoe counts as a digging tool for the purpose of harvesting tubers?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:05 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Let's call a small bottle roughly 4 ounces, and a five pound clay pot is roughly a gallon in volume, so 32 bottles in a pot. Pots are big.

You are so incredibly helpful and patient with these questions. Thank you!

And how would we make a bottle? By creating a little clay pot or making sand into glass and a nice little glass bottle? I know the description of sand does make reference to heating up sand to make glass, and I assume we would need the smelter to make that work.

Also, does the botanist trait aid in the wild fruit gathering with the two bushels in a day's work, or are we still like a common forager with one bushel in a day.
Last edited by Auphelia on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:15 am

Auphelia wrote:Is murdering a fellow player a viable mechanic in this game?

Oh, mademoiselle, you wound me with such questions. :p

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:18 am

Lazarian wrote:Oh, mademoiselle, you wound me with such questions. :p

:lol:

What's really going to cause some wounds are two people fighting over the only axe left over. Will it be the merchant's daughter trying to stock up or the accented ship builder who already slapped their coins down?

Let's get ready to rumble!

SC #307

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:18 am

The Knights of Azorea wrote:Any chance that a hoe counts as a digging tool for the purpose of harvesting tubers?

Aye, tubers are a root plant, and hoes were often used to dig up root plants.

Auphelia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Let's call a small bottle roughly 4 ounces, and a five pound clay pot is roughly a gallon in volume, so 32 bottles in a pot. Pots are big.

You are so incredibly helpful and patient with these questions. Thank you!

And how would we make a bottle? By creating a little clay pot or making sand into glass and a nice little glass bottle? I know the description of sand does make reference to heating up sand to make glass, and I assume we would need the smelter to make that work.

Also, does the botanist trait aid in the wild fruit gathering with the two bushels in a day's work, or are we still like a common forager with one bushel in a day.

Glasswork sounds like something you could use an Expansion Point on :p

It's more to do with being familiar with the area, rather than being familiar with plants. You'll become familiar with an area over time.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:20 am

Auphelia wrote:
Lazarian wrote:Oh, mademoiselle, you wound me with such questions. :p

:lol:

What's really going to cause some wounds are two people fighting over the only axe left over. Will it be the merchant's daughter trying to stock up or the accented ship builder who already slapped their coins down?

Let's get ready to rumble!

Auctions are a bit hamstrung by us all having the same amount of money, but I shall never turn down the chance of a rumble - at the very least Mercer would be more than happy to be hired on the cheap if he gets it.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:21 am

Uh oh, looks like we have a purchasing conflict! Azorea, you got somewhat lucky, because I've been busy bugfixing rather than running an update - so, instead of being entirely out of stock, you're stuck in an AUCTION! Ties go to Gun Gals because they were there first, so unless you can outbid Gun Gals, the axe goes to them.
EDIT: Oh, and silver tongued still applies - 2 nobles 9 knaves for Gun Gals counts as 3 nobles for auction purposes, and so on.
Last edited by The GAmeTopians on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:22 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Glasswork sounds like something you could use an Expansion Point on :p

It's more to do with being familiar with the area, rather than being familiar with plants. You'll become familiar with an area over time.

And luckily I don't have to waste a point on prostitution this time.

Being solicited by a random man in the town? Well, it's improper, not suitable for a lady . . . but then again, it's an adventure!

And that is good to know. Only time will tell the secrets of these foreign fruits!

SC #307

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:24 am

Now are there more jobs than the two listed?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:26 am

Ralnis wrote:Now are there more jobs than the two listed?

Not posted anywhere immediately obvious - there really aren't that many people in this pseudo-town. Yet.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:28 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Now are there more jobs than the two listed?

Not posted anywhere immediately obvious - there really aren't that many people in this pseudo-town. Yet.

Well time to start robbing and killing people I suppose.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:29 am

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Not posted anywhere immediately obvious - there really aren't that many people in this pseudo-town. Yet.

Well time to start robbing and killing people I suppose.

You can certainly try - but it might get you dead quite fast.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:31 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Uh oh, looks like we have a purchasing conflict! Azorea, you got somewhat lucky, because I've been busy bugfixing rather than running an update - so, instead of being entirely out of stock, you're stuck in an AUCTION! Ties go to Gun Gals because they were there first, so unless you can outbid Gun Gals, the axe goes to them.
EDIT: Oh, and silver tongued still applies - 2 nobles 9 knaves for Gun Gals counts as 3 nobles for auction purposes, and so on.

Oh my! We have our first conflict in the new world not ten minutes after landing!

The Knights of Azorea wrote:Auctions are a bit hamstrung by us all having the same amount of money, but I shall never turn down the chance of a rumble - at the very least Mercer would be more than happy to be hired on the cheap if he gets it.

She has silver tongue, but she is also buying 18 loaves of bread, giving you an edge in how much you can spend. And Ruth would be happy to buy your services (if Pierre is also amenable). It would certainly give us time to prepare for our journey.

Ralnis wrote:Well time to start robbing and killing people I suppose.

I knew there were murderers and thieves about!

SC #307

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:34 am

Pierre will chip in for Mercer to get the axe. Would post IC but work

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:42 am

Ultar is entirely too pleased with this auction. Will the auction take place in the IC or the OOC?

SC #307

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 am

Auphelia wrote:Ultar is entirely too pleased with this auction. Will the auction take place in the IC or the OOC?

Until I buy the pickaxe and kill him. Absorbing his power and becoming the new Ultar.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am

Ralnis wrote:Until I buy the pickaxe and kill him. Absorbing his power and becoming the new Ultar.

Ultar is not a man but a title passed down through bloodshed and conquest.

It takes ruthlessness, and so Ruth is obviously not in contention to destroy Ultar and wear his body like a meat suit, becoming him.

SC #307

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:48 am

Alright, young smithy's son coming through! I'm an International Incidents main, but I've done P2TM every now and then and I can confidently say my P2TM writing is as good as my International Incidents writing, mostly because I do an ample amount of II character RPing.

Name: Johann Schmidt
Description: I'm going for someone in their late teens, having assisted his blacksmith father in his trade.
Biography: Born to a long line of blacksmiths, Johann was born to Klaus and Anna Schmidt, the youngest of three children (Agatha, Hans, and Johann himself). All three children were all exposed to their father's trade in their tender years, but of all three only Johann showed any semblance of enthusiasm in the trade of blacksmithing.

Agatha was eventually married off to another man, and Hans joined the Imperial military - but Johann stuck behind to help in his father's business, picking up skills as he worked day and night with his father. Tragedy would soon befall the family, however; his father died of old age exacerbated by respiratory illness, with his mother dying of old age as well. The eldest daughter, Agatha, died birthing her second child, and Hans was killed in action.

With no one to turn to in the empire and burdened all of a sudden with adult responsibilities, Johann fell into an episode of depression, nearly neglecting self-care and care of the blacksmithing business he inherited - but it was the Imperial Faith that helped him redeem his soul, and the idea of helping tame The Wild Lands provided him an opportunity to start anew...and possibly discover hidden talents he never knew he had. One can see a diamond in the rough when they see one, and Johann was determined to prove himself one.
Skills:
  • Blacksmith - Johann had been trained by his father from a young age in the art of blacksmithing, and is capable of making various tools of decent quality.
  • Silver Tongue - His father regularly dealt with merchants who offered to sell their goods, and Johann was quick to pick up on the basics of mercantilism, aided by guidance from his father.
  • Inventor - A man of insatiable inquisitiveness and analytical thought, Johann always sought to try and improve the quality of his father's work as his father's protege - but harnessing such inquisitiveness and analytical thought will require ample time and careful guidance, if necessary from another mentor figure. (OOC note: Alright, time to use my materials engineering training outside the classroom lmao)
Last edited by Palmyrion on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:51 am

Auphelia wrote:Ultar is entirely too pleased with this auction. Will the auction take place in the IC or the OOC?

Whatever those involved would prefer - we can handle it OOC and summarize, or do it all IC.

Palmyrion wrote:Alright, young smithy's son coming through! I'm an International Incidents main, but I've done P2TM every now and then and I can confidently say my P2TM writing is as good as my International Incidents writing, mostly because I do an ample amount of II character RPing.

Description: I'm going for someone in their late teens, having assisted his blacksmith father in his trade.
Biography: Born to a long line of blacksmiths, Johann was born to Klaus and Anna Schmidt, the youngest of three children (Agatha, Hans, and Johann himself). All three children were all exposed to their father's trade in their tender years, but of all three only Johann showed any semblance of enthusiasm in the trade of blacksmithing.

Agatha was eventually married off to another man, and Hans joined the Imperial military - but Johann stuck behind to help in his father's business, picking up skills as he worked day and night with his father. Tragedy would soon befall the family, however; his father died of old age exacerbated by respiratory illness, with his mother dying of old age as well. The eldest daughter, Agatha, died birthing her second child, with Hans being killed in action.

With no one to turn to in the empire and burdened all of a sudden with adult responsibilities, Johann fell into an episode of depression, nearly abandoning the blacksmithing business - but it was the Faith that helped him redeem his soul, and the idea of helping tame The Wild Lands provided him an opportunity to start anew...and possibly discover hidden talents he never knew he had. One can see a diamond in the rough when they see one, and Johann wanted to prove himself one.
Skills:
  • Blacksmith - Johann had been trained by his father from a young age in the art of blacksmithing, and is capable of making various tools of decent quality.
  • Silver Tongue - His father regularly dealt with merchants who offered to sell their goods, and Johann was quick to pick up on the basics of mercantilism, aided by guidance from his father.
  • Inventor - A man of insatiable inquisitiveness and analytical thought, Johann always sought to try and improve the quality of his father's work as his father's protege - but harnessing such inquisitiveness and analytical thought will require ample time and careful guidance, if necessary from another mentor figure.

Accepted - like Ralnis, you're welcome to arrive on the first boat with the others - while you've missed out on a few good trades at the shop, there's still plenty of room for character interaction - my character, a miner/blacksmith, is available for the time being if you're looking for interaction.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:54 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

Whatever those involved would prefer - we can handle it OOC and summarize, or do it all IC.

Palmyrion wrote:Alright, young smithy's son coming through! I'm an International Incidents main, but I've done P2TM every now and then and I can confidently say my P2TM writing is as good as my International Incidents writing, mostly because I do an ample amount of II character RPing.

Agatha was eventually married off to another man, and Hans joined the Imperial military - but Johann stuck behind to help in his father's business, picking up skills as he worked day and night with his father. Tragedy would soon befall the family, however; his father died of old age exacerbated by respiratory illness, with his mother dying of old age as well. The eldest daughter, Agatha, died birthing her second child, with Hans being killed in action.

With no one to turn to in the empire and burdened all of a sudden with adult responsibilities, Johann fell into an episode of depression, nearly abandoning the blacksmithing business - but it was the Faith that helped him redeem his soul, and the idea of helping tame The Wild Lands provided him an opportunity to start anew...and possibly discover hidden talents he never knew he had. One can see a diamond in the rough when they see one, and Johann wanted to prove himself one.
Skills:
  • Inventor - A man of insatiable inquisitiveness and analytical thought, Johann always sought to try and improve the quality of his father's work as his father's protege - but harnessing such inquisitiveness and analytical thought will require ample time and careful guidance, if necessary from another mentor figure.

Accepted - like Ralnis, you're welcome to arrive on the first boat with the others - while you've missed out on a few good trades at the shop, there's still plenty of room for character interaction - my character, a miner/blacksmith, is available for the time being if you're looking for interaction.

Brilliant! How could Johann's character initiate interaction with yours?
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:57 am

Palmyrion wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:-snip-

Brilliant! How could Johann's character initiate interaction with yours?

However you like - I've only taken her as far as leaving Ultar's shop, pickaxe slung over her shoulder and munching on a handful of fruit, so you're free to make contact however!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:Brilliant! How could Johann's character initiate interaction with yours?

However you like - I've only taken her as far as leaving Ultar's shop, pickaxe slung over her shoulder and munching on a handful of fruit, so you're free to make contact however!

I'm making a post about walking over to talking with Ultar about getting a job as a miner. Hopefully theirs's some actual pickaxes left.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse