NATION

PASSWORD

"Survey finds lack of holocaust knowledge in american young"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Does American Education Suck?

Yes, and we should do something about it.
84%
Yes, and we should not do anything about it.
6%
No. Simple as that.
4%
Other (Say below)
6%

Total votes : 50

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:24 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:The youth of America lack knowledge about basic world geography and world history, BUT they can tell you the latest news about the cast of Jersey Shore or the Kardashian sisters and other important celebrity gossip. They also can tell us how filing down your teeth to make them straight will make you attractive and how looting stores is a proper way to mourn the deaths of those killed by the police.

'Idiocracy' is a must see movie that shows what is happening and will happen to America at this rate. Perhaps the USA needs a mass sterilization campaign so idiots have fewer children and the country as a whole can become stronger. I fear for the future.

Advocating this can be considered trolling. Knock it off.

Considering that it's been six years since your last regular posting stint, please be reminded that your behavior from 6 years ago will be held against you should you keep it up now.

Thanks!
NVI
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:34 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:The youth of America lack knowledge about basic world geography and world history, BUT they can tell you the latest news about the cast of Jersey Shore or the Kardashian sisters and other important celebrity gossip. They also can tell us how filing down your teeth to make them straight will make you attractive and how looting stores is a proper way to mourn the deaths of those killed by the police.

'Idiocracy' is a must see movie that shows what is happening and will happen to America at this rate. Perhaps the USA needs a mass sterilization campaign so idiots have fewer children and the country as a whole can become stronger. I fear for the future.

Dude, I liked Idiocracy but unironically citing the movie as an impending future for the real world is like the most 15-year-old boy thing ever. Unless you're 15 in which case I guess you're right where you should be, but treating Idiocracy as prophecy was the "to be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" before Rick and Morty was a thing.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:47 am

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Let's face it -- besides California, Texas, Alaska, Hawaii and the coasts (and Gulf of Mexico) most people couldn't identify the states in the center of the country on a blank map showing their borders if their lives depended on it.

Not unless your a boring all-purpose nerd like myself.

And this does not negate what I wrote in the least.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:The worst part is that they don't even mention Japanese war crimes, which were equally as bad if not worse than some of the German ones.

What do I mean with what?

It is because many liberals say that we can only talk about white people doing bad things. Other races never did anything bad and they are gentle and criticizing or pointing out bad things they did is racist.

I certainly learned about the Rape of Nanking. If people aren't learning about it now, that's terrible.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:24 am

Katganistan wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
It is because many liberals say that we can only talk about white people doing bad things. Other races never did anything bad and they are gentle and criticizing or pointing out bad things they did is racist.

I certainly learned about the Rape of Nanking. If people aren't learning about it now, that's terrible.

I'd heard about the Rape of Nanking as well, but it was dramatically downplayed as a fairly generic city sacking as opposed to the unusually horrific atrocity that it was.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:26 am

Katganistan wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

I have too, but I couldn't point out Nanking on a map.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:30 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Vistulange wrote:Shockingly, the world of politics generally doesn't allow you to keep a grudge for generations on end, at least not with favourable results.

Top Nazi leaders faced punishment after WWII but the emperor of Japan was honored by his citizens and many world leaders. One might find this a bit hypocritical. It is just like how the George W. Bush was holding hands with the Saudi king while trying to liberate Iraqis from Saddam Hussein. Being inconsistent creates confusion and causes a lot of anger. Perhaps it is OK to be an evil dictator if you are Asian (Mao, Suharto, Hirohito, Ho Chi Minh, Deng Xiaoping) but if you are European (Milošević, Hitler, Ceaușescu, Erich Honecker) it is seen as wrong.

My school also failed to cover the Japanese war crimes well. I only knew about Pearl Harbor and the Bataan Death March. However, the Nazi concentration camps were covered and we read The Diary of Anne Frank in 8th grade which was useful to realize the personal tragedies of the war.

You forget that Japan was completely deprived of a military after the war and that the US was actually responsible for defending it; even now their defense force is somewhat limited and still largely in cooperation with US forces.

You also forget that we dropped two nukes on them so perhaps the US owed them some support for the aftermath, and if so, the two administrations needed to have somewhat decent relations.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:31 am

Katganistan wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
Top Nazi leaders faced punishment after WWII but the emperor of Japan was honored by his citizens and many world leaders. One might find this a bit hypocritical. It is just like how the George W. Bush was holding hands with the Saudi king while trying to liberate Iraqis from Saddam Hussein. Being inconsistent creates confusion and causes a lot of anger. Perhaps it is OK to be an evil dictator if you are Asian (Mao, Suharto, Hirohito, Ho Chi Minh, Deng Xiaoping) but if you are European (Milošević, Hitler, Ceaușescu, Erich Honecker) it is seen as wrong.

My school also failed to cover the Japanese war crimes well. I only knew about Pearl Harbor and the Bataan Death March. However, the Nazi concentration camps were covered and we read The Diary of Anne Frank in 8th grade which was useful to realize the personal tragedies of the war.

You forget that Japan was completely deprived of a military after the war and that the US was actually responsible for defending it; even now their defense force is somewhat limited and still largely in cooperation with US forces.

You also forget that we dropped two nukes on them so perhaps the US owed them some support for the aftermath, and if so, the two administrations needed to have somewhat decent relations.

didn't go to well for tojo either

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 am

Katganistan wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

I would expect American educators to put a lot of weight on that. Because it was somewhat known before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and reinforced the American will to make war on the Japanese Empire.

America's war with Japan went well beyond self-defense. Every little bit of "defense of others" helped the war spirit.

Not to say America was wrong. The Japanese Empire was a horrible thing, and as an Australian I am very grateful that America was drawn into war in this corner of the world Britain abandoned when it had its own problems. Without the US, Australia would very likely have been invaded by Japan.

But here we teach in school the Kokoda track, and the Burma-Siam Railway. Small victories and small atrocities ... for Australia.

It would baffle me if Japanese war crimes were not taught in American schools. America almost alone defeated Japan, it's really quite different to the European theatre. Japan killed millions of Asians, for not much reason at all (the "rape of Nanking" being the salient example), and I would expect that to be a major part of the US narrative of the Pacific War.

It's not just "Japan punched us in the nose, so we killed them" I hope?
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:Remember that George H.W. Bush attended Emperor Hirohito's funeral which was a grave insult to all those killed by the Japanese in WWII.

It is normal for heads of state to attend for other heads of state. In a way, it was also Bush 41's decision to make; considering that during WW2 he actually was in the Pacific War with the US Navy and was shot down by the Japanese but eluded capture and was rescued.

Katganistan wrote:You forget that Japan was completely deprived of a military after the war and that the US was actually responsible for defending it; even now their defense force is somewhat limited and still largely in cooperation with US forces.

Yes, the deal was that Japan wouldn't be burdened in supporting a costly military but could fully focus on rebuilding their society and economy until they were ready to be self sufficient in that regard if they so wanted. Its a huge advantage to not need to spend tons of money on defense if the national output or budget is too small. Japan now has the money to easily pay for a world class military.

The US destroyed most if not all of Japan's infrastructure in WW2, so the US protecting Japan was to keep Japan on the US' side and to foster enough good will to keep the two nations' interests aligned. Beyond just fulfilling a promise.
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:59 am

Saiwania wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:Remember that George H.W. Bush attended Emperor Hirohito's funeral which was a grave insult to all those killed by the Japanese in WWII.

It is normal for heads of state to attend for other heads of state. In a way, it was also Bush 41's decision to make; considering that during WW2 he actually was in the Pacific War with the US Navy and was shot down by the Japanese but eluded capture and was rescued.

Furthermore, the US pardoned the Emperor and allowed the office to remain within the new constitution of Japan.

It was really quite brilliant, of the US. If anything the Japanese constitution is too good. Despite huge "self-defense" spending, there is still strong popular support for the pacifism clause.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Katganistan wrote:I certainly learned about the Rape of Nanking. If people aren't learning about it now, that's terrible.

I would expect American educators to put a lot of weight on that. Because it was somewhat known before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and reinforced the American will to make war on the Japanese Empire.

America's war with Japan went well beyond self-defense. Every little bit of "defense of others" helped the war spirit.

Not to say America was wrong. The Japanese Empire was a horrible thing, and as an Australian I am very grateful that America was drawn into war in this corner of the world Britain abandoned when it had its own problems. Without the US, Australia would very likely have been invaded by Japan.

But here we teach in school the Kokoda track, and the Burma-Siam Railway. Small victories and small atrocities ... for Australia.

It would baffle me if Japanese war crimes were not taught in American schools. America almost alone defeated Japan, it's really quite different to the European theatre. Japan killed millions of Asians, for not much reason at all (the "rape of Nanking" being the salient example), and I would expect that to be a major part of the US narrative of the Pacific War.

Japanese war crimes were taught, Nanking, bridge over the river Kwai, pow camps, medical experimentation, comfort women, etc The Tokyo trials were taught not to the extent of Nuremberg, but it was taught.

What is retained is a different story.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:47 am

Page wrote:

Dude, I liked Idiocracy but unironically citing the movie as an impending future for the real world is like the most 15-year-old boy thing ever. Unless you're 15 in which case I guess you're right where you should be, but treating Idiocracy as prophecy was the "to be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" before Rick and Morty was a thing.

Obviously they are exaggerating but they are also making a good point. We can look at birth rates in countries such as Japan and Singapore where average IQ rates are higher (not trolling-I can cite this source) vs. countries with lower average IQ rates such as sub-Saharan countries. People with lower IQ rates are having more children to the detriment of society. This results in higher crime rates, higher unemployment rates, more poverty, and worse access to education. I would not be surprised if knowledge of the holocaust is also poor in many of the countries with very low IQ rates on this list. Dropping birth rates means better education and teenagers will know more about important historical facts such as what the holocaust is.

https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html

https://new-iq-test.com/iq-by-country/

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... 7rank.html
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:55 am

Post War America wrote:
Katganistan wrote:I certainly learned about the Rape of Nanking. If people aren't learning about it now, that's terrible.

I'd heard about the Rape of Nanking as well, but it was dramatically downplayed as a fairly generic city sacking as opposed to the unusually horrific atrocity that it was.

Same here, seems the Rape of Nanking has suffered the same fate as the Holocaust; downplayed because "well everyone knows about it already."
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:56 am

Katganistan wrote:
Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:Not unless your a boring all-purpose nerd like myself.

And this does not negate what I wrote in the least.

I wasn't trying to negate it though. Just commenting.
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:01 am

Katganistan wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

From what I’ve read, it seems like the Japanese officers had a fun time either killing everyone or forcing people to fight. Not saying it is, btw. That sounds just straight up crazy and delusional.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:03 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Page wrote:

Obviously they are exaggerating but they are also making a good point. We can look at birth rates in countries such as Japan and Singapore where average IQ rates are higher (not trolling-I can cite this source) vs. countries with lower average IQ rates such as sub-Saharan countries. People with lower IQ rates are having more children to the detriment of society. This results in higher crime rates, higher unemployment rates, more poverty, and worse access to education. I would not be surprised if knowledge of the holocaust is also poor in many of the countries with very low IQ rates on this list. Dropping birth rates means better education and teenagers will know more about important historical facts such as what the holocaust is.

Imagine trying to use the Holocaust to argue in favour of eugenics.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:05 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Japanese war crimes were taught, Nanking, bridge over the river Kwai, pow camps, medical experimentation, comfort women, etc The Tokyo trials were taught not to the extent of Nuremberg, but it was taught.

What is retained is a different story.

Yes that's good. What I was taught (and absorbed generally) is that the US came to the rescue of Australia and South-East Asian nations who were being invaded by Japan. To us, it was the pivot from Britain as our protector, to the US as our protector. Though of course with undertones of "we can handle ourselves" and "our boys died for Britain".

Hopefully other nations in the Asia region are taught the same. And hopefully the Pacific war is still taught in the US as a war of liberation, and a war on behalf of many other nations besides the US, and not just "they attacked us at Pearl Harbor so we opened a new can of whup-ass on them". It wasn't just self-defence, it was a just war, but obviously I would say that. Mostly I hope children in China are taught that.

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:06 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:

Advocating this can be considered trolling. Knock it off.

Considering that it's been six years since your last regular posting stint, please be reminded that your behavior from 6 years ago will be held against you should you keep it up now.

Thanks!
NVI

I did not know this was trolling. The idea came because of the population planning campaign in Singapore in which people from lower-classes were encouraged to have fewer children. I should have said lower classes, but I don't think everybody in the lower class is an idiot. Mass sterilization was a real government policy and it doesn't have to be forced on people but it can be encouraged in a nicer way which is what Singapore did. Many people have children they don't want and end up neglecting or raising poorly which is why I used a negative phrase. I think poorly of people who have children they don't want to take care of or can't take care which burdens society (someone has to take care of them with limited resources). I will rephrase my statement to say that perhaps we need a family-planning policy to discourage people from having more children than they want to have or can afford which will result in better education.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populatio ... _Singapore

I noticed posts calling President Trump an idiot and police officers being accused of racism without proof but they were not told they were flaming. My post was less offensive than many others not flagged.
Your political compass

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 am

Katganistan wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

The idea of helping enemies after a war is ridiculous. The Marshall Plan to help Germany after the war was crazy. Japanese and German citizens supported evil leaders and their citizens deserved to be punished for it by living in post-war poverty. The Japanese and Germans showed little sympathy for the citizens of countries they invaded. The concentration camps should be enough to show how cruel the people were. Building a trade relationship is fine but giving free money to countries that caused so much suffering is ridiculous.
Your political compass

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Katganistan wrote:You forget that Japan was completely deprived of a military after the war and that the US was actually responsible for defending it; even now their defense force is somewhat limited and still largely in cooperation with US forces.

The idea of helping enemies after a war is ridiculous. The Marshall Plan to help Germany after the war was crazy. Japanese and German citizens supported evil leaders and their citizens deserved to be punished for it by living in post-war poverty. The Japanese and Germans showed little sympathy for the citizens of countries they invaded. The concentration camps should be enough to show how cruel the people were. Building a trade relationship is fine but giving free money to countries that caused so much suffering is ridiculous.

The mere fact that the resentment after the horrible post-war conditions that came from the Treaty of Versailles spawned a much worse ideology in Germany is one reason why we should do exactly that. The people will be filled with even more resentment towards the victors and will attempt to do everything to upset them if the Americans had not assisted them.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:19 am

Ifreann wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

Imagine trying to use the Holocaust to argue in favour of eugenics.

I am not arguing in favor of forced sterilization but rather would encourage family planning with encouragement but not force. People with more children might not have the resources to give them decent education which results in lower IQ rates and higher rates of poverty. Most of the lower IQ countries are also poor. Singapore and Taiwan have good education systems. Parents have 1-2 kids which means they can have resources to provide their kids better education opportunities.

Birth rates in the USA are not very high but perhaps dropping them below 1.5 kids will mean less crowded schools, less stressed parents, and better education.
Your political compass

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:20 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Page wrote:

Obviously they are exaggerating but they are also making a good point. We can look at birth rates in countries such as Japan and Singapore where average IQ rates are higher (not trolling-I can cite this source) vs. countries with lower average IQ rates such as sub-Saharan countries. People with lower IQ rates are having more children to the detriment of society. This results in higher crime rates, higher unemployment rates, more poverty, and worse access to education.

Oh, so you care about crime and unemployment in sub-saharan countries?

Why? I'm as SJW as anyone and even I don't care about problems that aren't huge problems when they happen in my own country ... when they're in sub-saharan Africa.

I would not be surprised if knowledge of the holocaust is also poor in many of the countries with very low IQ rates on this list.

Sigh. Or maybe the holocaust isn't quite as important to nations whose history doesn't include "white people saving other white people from concentration camps" ... and their syllabus has to make time for "white people wrecked our nations because we didn't defend the borders, then they looted us and took a bunch of us as slaves"

I'm not calling you a racist, but the Allies did commit genocide against the German (and Axis) people, and the emphasis on the Holocaust in Western (previously Ally) nations has a lot to do with self-justification. Fire-bombing their cities was not cool. But they bombed London and they killed Jews. It was war and they did it first.

Dropping birth rates means better education and teenagers will know more about important historical facts such as what the holocaust is.

Dropping birth rates should mean better education. Except as soon as school achievement in the US starts to tick up, dumb-ass Republicans will reduce funding because "problem solved" and put more into law enforcement.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:20 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Imagine trying to use the Holocaust to argue in favour of eugenics.

I am not arguing in favor of forced sterilization but rather would encourage family planning with encouragement but not force. People with more children might not have the resources to give them decent education which results in lower IQ rates and higher rates of poverty. Most of the lower IQ countries are also poor. Singapore and Taiwan have good education systems. Parents have 1-2 kids which means they can have resources to provide their kids better education opportunities.

Birth rates in the USA are not very high but perhaps dropping them below 1.5 kids will mean less crowded schools, less stressed parents, and better education.

Like I said, eugenics. Exactly the same thing the Nazis were trying to achieve with the Holocaust.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Vistulange
Negotiator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vistulange » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:20 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
New Visayan Islands wrote:Advocating this can be considered trolling. Knock it off.

Thanks!
NVI

I did not know this was trolling. The idea came because of the population planning campaign in Singapore in which people from lower-classes were encouraged to have fewer children. I should have said lower classes, but I don't think everybody in the lower class is an idiot. Mass sterilization was a real government policy and it doesn't have to be forced on people but it can be encouraged in a nicer way which is what Singapore did. Many people have children they don't want and end up neglecting or raising poorly which is why I used a negative phrase. I think poorly of people who have children they don't want to take care of or can't take care which burdens society (someone has to take care of them with limited resources). I will rephrase my statement to say that perhaps we need a family-planning policy to discourage people from having more children than they want to have or can afford which will result in better education.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populatio ... _Singapore

I noticed posts calling President Trump an idiot and police officers being accused of racism without proof but they were not told they were flaming. My post was less offensive than many others not flagged.

You really need to read the rules again. Insulting third-parties such as politicians or police officers, unless you're engaging in political nicknaming, has generally been acceptable on the site, at least as far as I remember, but that's a considerable amount of time. Flaming other users has never been acceptable. Trolling has never been acceptable.

Anyway, to come to your point on Singapore: Singapore didn't go into a "mass sterilisation campaign" to "grow stronger" in some odd fascist fetish for social Darwinism, then again, fascism and other such right-wing ideologies are not particularly known for being very grounded in how the real world functions, generally preferring the world of magic in lieu of reality. Furthermore, from the looks of it, Singapore is having troubles with an aging population nowadays, because population planning went too well.

Also, having the poor make less children doesn't correlate at all with IQ, even if we assume that IQ is a good measure of, well, anything. There was some fellow in another thread who was basically claiming that Ashkenazi Jews had high IQ, therefore leading Israel to be prosperous, this rubbish reminds me of that rubbish. Seriously, what is it with you right-wing folks and the obsession over IQ?
Last edited by Vistulange on Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General