NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 73 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Excerpt from The Fußball Show with Jessika Jünkindietrünk.

Jessika – as ever, with a heavy Schutzenphalian accent, and struggling to pronounce the names of other countries – has been speaking with her two usual guests.

“…just under his left paw.”

“Yes Jessika, it was a very well taken chance by Andrin, cutting in from the right to sweep up the loose ball,” says a sweaty, poorly dressed middle aged man.

Caption: ‘Olle Tobiasson, sports writer’.

“He hasn’t scored a hatful of goals for Altendalur so getting one for the national team will have really boosted his confidence.”

“And a good flick header from Love to set it up, Petter?”

A well dressed, younger man – sweatiness not evident – shrugs.

Caption: ‘Petter Erlingsson, Steinaux’.

“Actually Jessika, I think it was more of an attempt on goal by him, so possibly a little generous to chalk it up as an assist. But certainly, it split the defense nicely. Big lads, these Wymondham defenders, but not too mobile.”

“Mmm, that sounds familiar!”

“It does. Ralf and Vilbjörn are cut from the same cloth. But they did a better job, as the scoreline shows, of shutting down the Wymondham offense. Loose balls in the box cleared out well, not a single attacking header on goal; it was an impressive showing from our center backs.”

“So if you’re not willing to give credit to Love for the first goal, surely you can’t deny him the second!?”

“Haha, no, you’re right Jessika, that was all Love.”

“And a little bit of Hlégestur, too.”

“Yes, Olle. They really exploited the weakness at right back, with Hlégestur pressing up hard on the left wing all night. A good cross in for the first goal, and a good run for the second that sucked in Dyatlov to provide cover, and that created the space in the center for Love to run in.”

“He nearly pushed it wide.”

Petter shrugs again.

“Nearly is good enough. It was a well taken finish, calm head under pressure after all the criticism coming into this game.”

“Are you talking about Olle’s column?”

The two men exchange a jokey look.

“Well, now you mention it…”

“I don’t think I was too harsh. Love is no Jason Þórhallursson.”

“But he’s scored as many international goals as him now.”

“Oh ho! Do I sense some Steinaux – Gunzlach rivalry brewing?”

“No Jessika. But the truth is after all this talk of him as a natural goalscorer, Jason went the whole Copa without getting one goal. Love came into this game with people like Olle writing him off as not a natural goalscorer – and within 30 minutes he’d set up the first, and after another 30, netted the second. Maybe being a natural goalscorer is a bit overrated!”

The two men are bristling in slightly less jokey fashion now, so Jessika breaks the tension by standing up and moving to the display monitor. Immediately, all animosity – along with everything from the day of the week to their children’s first names – is forgotten.

“Since we are talking about Jason’s absence, let’s bring up the Olympics. The two Olympic squads have led to this squad being quite old. Too old, despite last night’s win, Olle?”

The Fußball Show’s graphics department is as well-funded as the GPI-EPZ’s child labor enforcement bureau

“I think endurance may be a factor down the line. A good first game is great, but this is a long group stage. Some of these men are older than I am, in their late 30s!”

Jessika and Petter exchange a sarcastic glance as they avoid staring at Olle’s obvious hairpiece.

“And Petter, the fans have definitely noticed this. Some of the Snow Wolf Pack attended the game in Futonville dressed in gray, with walking sticks. Do you think that’s just gentle ribbing and will motivate the team, or is it hurtful and will discourage them?”

“I think it’s just good fun.”

“I completely disagree,” cuts in Olle. “It must be so dispiriting for these players who’ve played their hearts out for their country to see their own fans drawing liver spots on their hands with marker pens!” He quickly folds his own liver-spotted hands.

“Well, anyway, it doesn’t look like there’ll be any changes for the next game against Kenkesey. Can we expect more of the same, Petter?”

“I think they’ll play the same team and broadly the same tactics. The scouting report on Kencana is that they might be short on fitness, but they’re coming off a loss so will be motivated. I’d expect more reliance on Hlégestur, he looked a real sparkplug, and then hopefully Hrærekur can be a bit more clinical with his passing – too often he was playing long balls straight for Robinson to cut off.”

“And discipline, Olle?”

“Mm, I wouldn’t be overly worried. A second yellow for Ralf would mean a game missed, but two bookings is hardly a team running riot. The careless free kick given away was an issue, but Robert didn’t trouble Alexander. Let’s just hope they don’t give easy set piece chances away to Kencana.”

“OK. Let’s move on to the Olympics. After two games, how do we think Amanda is handling her role in the center of midfield…?”
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Glazgo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 20, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Glazgo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:01 pm

"Brilliant, brilliant." said Glenn Tamnavulin, as his players walked into the dressing room shortly after the full-time whistle. He hadn't anticipated such a large win over Fluvannia, and despite some shaky defending in the latter stages he was delighted with his players who produced a 6-3 win in their first ever game. There was an air of confidence and excitement, as the players sat down and looked up at their manager.

Dressed in a dark blue suit with a white tie with green trim, he removed his jacket and hung it up neatly on one of the empty pegs. Taking a deep breath to compose himself, he smiled.

"You all did fantastic. A few defensive mistakes aside, but I can't complain at all. Neither can Ken, Johan and the rest of the staff, but more importantly neither can any of the fans."

At least 20,000 Glazgotians travelled to the Hive in Depri Sanar, Chromatika. From Drumchapel to Dalmarnock, Parkhead to Possilpark, Kelvindale to King's Park, football fans from all over the country had saved up to cover the cost of plane tickets and Chromatik accomodation for the Baptism of Fire. And what a start it had been. The fans knew there was plenty of talent from the league, but how they would fare as they gelled together for the first time was left unknown until the whistle blew at the start of the game.

Starting well, they erupted with tears and shouts of joy as Andrej Kalashnikov put them ahead in the twelfth minute. Latching onto a delightful through-ball from Piotr Charters, all he had to do was round the goalkeeper and tap it home into the empty net. Kalashnikov was a real livewire, bursting forward with such bouts of pace that the Fluvannians struggled to keep up and resorted to some tough tackling to try stop the new Urheddiao signing. A recent acqusition, it seems fitting that the first ever Glazgotian footballing expat was to play in Chromatika, the nation that would host Glazgo's first ever international match.

"I know the media said we should at least try hold a friendly or too before the tournament, and perhaps we should have, but I have no qualms about any of you at all. You should all be extremely proud of yourselves, but the focus now must go immediately to our next game."

Murmurs of approval from the squad were heard, as Glenn's older brother and assistant manager, Ken, produced some diagrams and hastily put them up on the whiteboard in the centre of the room.

"That's where we were exposed for their equaliser." Ken boomed. 14 years senior to Glenn, he was much taller and broader than his younger brother. Many moons ago the 58-year old was a tough tackling, towering central defender who played in the amateaur leagues and his physique effectively remained the same. Not so much of a tactician in his earlier years, but working alongside his brother allowed him to develop more of a tactical nous that complimented his sibling very well.

It was true, the defence was exposed at a point. Matias Kaasa had got a bit too far forward and the Fluvannians seized a break, their left winger cutting in before jinking past Valentijn Tomic and slotting home past Ivan Gunn into the bottom right hand corner. A good goal, but an avoidable one nonetheless. Gunn could be heard shouting and swearing at Kaasa and Tomic as the fans became tense all of a sudden. It was a bit nailbiting, but there was only 20 minutes played so far.

Captain Vadim Bauer put them back ahead three minutes later though, dispossessing an opponent before barrelling towards the edge of the box and thundering home. He quickly retrieved the ball before running back to the centre circle, eager to resume and press for more. Kalashnikov would get his second and the team's third seconds before the half-time interval, receiving Miroslav Bank's pass well before bursting past two Fluvannian defenders and chipping over their goalkeeper, embarassing him a second time.

The Tamnavulin brothers decided to make just one change at half time. Paul Ekomov looked a little tired out and so Eirikur Cederland was brought on his place, with the team shifting to a more narrow 4-2-3-1. Charters, Cederland and Steffan Dunayev all behind Kalashnikov, with Charters and Dunayev switching sides around Cederland every so often. The youngest in the squad, Maryhill's Cederland was an interesting player. Stocky enough to be a centre-forward, he found himself deployed as more of a driving, bustling attacking midfielder - almost a second-striker, unlike the silky-smooth Charters. Cederland's pressure paid off as he laid it off to Kalashnikov who completed his hat-trick on 57 minutes, curling home into the bottom corner.

The Fluvannians seemed resigned until defeat until a slip from Dunayev in the middle of the park allowed them to break forward, and their lone striker placed it carefully past the onrushing Gunn. Not much the Glazgotians could do, as the surprise break and turn of pace from one of their substitutes allowed him to find the striker who took his goal well. Glenn acknowledged that in the dressing room, but he motioned to Gunn to perhaps not rush out too soon.

"Watch how you talk to my boy." muttered Ivor Gunn, the father of the goalkeeper who happened to be the team's goalkeeping coach. The 70-year old used to be a sailor and had the temper of one, something that the rest of the coaching staff became accustomed to. Ivan didn't like it at all, but even he knew better to argue with his own father. The rest of the squad just raised their eyebrows in amusement.

Kalashnikov, happy with his hat-trick in hand, was replaced by Gunnstein Bannantyne and Fabian Haavikko came on for Dunayev, as the formation changed to a 4-3-1-2 with Cederland just behind the two substitutes. Bannantyne made an instant impact, grabbing the team's fifth as he found Haavikko waiting to tap home 73 minutes in. Bannantyne got in the act exactly on the 80th minute too, brushing off a defender with ease before leathering it home to make it 6-2.

"An excellent finish," smiled Glenn. "But you didn't have to hit it that hard."

Bannantyne just laughed. The young striker was one of the tallest in the squad and you could tell from miles off that he'd been hitting the gym. Whilst he didn't have the nimble-like qualities of Haavikko or the scarily-fast burst of pace of Kalashnikov, he could still bulldoze his way past defenders and his strength seemed unmatched against a tired-looking Fluvannia side. But Glazgo were tired as well, and a lapse in concentration allowed the opponents to half the deficit from a corner late on.

"Easily avoided," grumbled Ken. "But as Glenn said, we're not too unhappy. We can work on all this for the Woryand game."

Woryand had drew 2-2 with Unimon, but they looked like a sharp enough side to provide perhaps more of a test to Glazgo then Fluvannia did. Although Glenn and the rest of the coaching staff, the players and even the fans knew better than not to underestimate anyone, they weren't expecting a big victory over Fluvannia.

"They looked decent enough." said captain Vadim Bauer. "Seemed like nice guys anyway..."

Starting XI v Unimon (4-3-1-2): McKendrie; Glennon, Polak, Allister, Eriksen; Pastorek, Bauer, Johnstone; Cederland; Bannantyne, Haavikko.
The Republic of Glazgo
Capital: Drumchapel - Demonym: Glazgotian - Trigramme: GLZ
GLAsports.net
Puppet of Sem

Iles Rogieres
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Iles Rogieres » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:52 pm

Excerpts from the Diary of Marc Pierroix

Translated from French

Tuesday, 4th of August 1931 - Maldonado, Valladares
Got up early today, as the ship was finally approaching land again after the twelve days we spent at sea. “Land in sight”, the capitaine shouted around seven, and Jules went out to have a look, but I preferred to stay in bed and sleep. We landed shortly after & were out of the ship around half past nine, arriving in Junin, Valladares. Monsieur Milvoine said we would have to take a train & we all got ready for a long journey, but it turned out to be something like we have never seen. The train had no steam and was a lot faster than the one at home. Someone told us it rides with electricity, which has greatly baffled all of us, even Charles with his construction degree.

The cities are not so different from ours even if they look way slicker, with lots of glass like you can only see in a few buildings in Portaz [ed.: this is the short name for Port Azertien]. I know that people back home probably wouldn’t believe me, so I asked Joël to take a picture for me. But our photographe told me that he could not find a film for his camera here yet, and had taken all the pictures on the ship. Maybe I will find a postcard or something. The train took a while to Maldonado, but we are used to it now: The ship was a long journey too. Jules said that the World Cup qualifiers were likely to have us play away games and home games in just a week & I am not sure how we are going to do that, as we cannot reach many places in that time. Antoine said it was true & that he was negotiating with the FA to maybe give us an aeroplane. Can you imagine that, an aeroplane! The working boys’ eyes almost fell out. Only Héctor has ever been flying one, in the Forces Armées Rogièriens, because his papa is an aerial officer. He wanted Héctor to be a pilot, but the boy didn’t wanna learn, so now he’s our starting winger.

Thursday, 6th of August 1931 - Maldonado, Valladares
Our hotel is very luxurious. In our room, there is a radio & a telephone, and a big black screen that has films on it, like a little cinéma, with way more programs. They call it a television, and probably not even the papas of Héctor and Christophe-Louis have one. I don’t think it exists in the Isles. They also gave us a cryptic code for something called WiFi, but none of us had an idea what to do with it. Training is also quite special. They gave us three sets of the balls to be used in the tournament, and they are very different from ours. It rained and the ball did not get heavy at all. They are also much lighter & not made from leather. It is quite a good development & Antoine wants to call the FA to buy a set to send back to Iles Rogières.

Jules spends a lot of time in front of the television, with the films from here. Today we have been watching a preparation program for the tournament. It is quite special to be able to see those things before the match without going to the stadium & having an idea how they play. Unfortunately, they were not talking much about us or our opponents, from what I can understand. All the teams pass the ball a lot, Jules says, though. I am listening to the radio a lot. There is a lot of music that we don’t play in the Iles Rogières & some with instruments that I cannot make out at all. The sound reminds me of what the working class people at home play. Very rhythmic, very energetic. I struggle to find a good jazz station though, which is surprising me.

Tomorrow, we will be going to the stadium. Antoine said it would be bigger than even Racing Club’s stadium & look completely different. We saw pictures in the newspaper at home. It looks like a big warehouse in Portaz, if the warehouses were built like the trading house HQ’s. There are a lot of very shiny cars in front of it, nothing like the few cars we have back home. Héctor has been talking about how his papa bought him a car, but he also got very pale and impressed when we were driving in our new team bus the first time. We are going to play a country that I have never heard of, but Antoine promised us we could take them on. I will be playing, hopefully, in the left inside & Jules can feed me all the balls I need, as he always used to. The duet d’or de Port-de-Sud is ready to sing on the international stage.

Woryand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Woryand » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:12 pm

When Woryand first stepped into the Baptism of Fire, expectations were high. After all, they had won their group in the IAC against much stronger teams earlier that same year, a result that shocked all the international pundits and a fair few within the country. Most of them expected much more against teams that were not stronger than them on paper; several pundits went as far as to suggest that Woryand are the favourites to win the entire tournament! This feeling was supported in the first few minutes; Malyōr, recovered from the injuries that he suffered during the IAC and friendlies leading up to the BoF, went and scored a banger from distance that even Sillitoe was helpless in saving.

However, the mood quickly turned sour as Unimon showed signs of clear domination on the pitch over the rest of the half, keeping possession for over 65% of the time and attempting multitudes of shots, many of which forced Grēnwā to produce fine saves. However, this excellent goalkeeping soon had to stop.

Wood has it. What a player he is; been running throughout the pitch for this entire game without a sign of stopping. He passes it to McIntosh, who sprints through the Woryand defense but ultimately only attempts a weak shot...no! Grēnwā has fumbled it! Duncan has it, passes it to Iol, goal! Grēnwā will be ruing that mistake for weeks to come!

This was followed up with a second goal from Iol less than five minutes later, to put Unimon 2-1 up at halftime.

Woryand got a foothold back in the match in the second half, keeping a respectable 55% of the possession and showing some brilliant passing play in midfield, although the 5-4-1 formation hindered many attacking attempts. This was less true as the game continued; the tired Unimonian defense let in more and more shots, culminating with this in the 84th minute:

Canīr has it, although he is obviously a bit frazzled, having lost much of his nationally-renowned pace with age. He just about manages to pass it to Loz. He gets a good ball up to Plançā, who is playing extremely far forward today. Plançā tries to round the keeper, but Sillitoe is keeping up well. Let's see what hap...and Plançā has slammed it into the net! I'm surprised that went in, but it did! Plançā has brought the game back level with just over five minutes to play!

The remainder of the game was punctuated by relentless attack from both teams, but it was ultimately unfruitful as the game finished level at 2 goals a piece. Although better than what could have been, this 2-2 draw clearly showed to everyone -- players, fans, and pundits alike -- that much more work is needed to be done to have a fighting chance of getting farther than the group stage in the BoF.

SCORESHEET:
Woryand: Malyōr 4' (Assisted by Crōdaru), Plançā 84' (Assisted by Loz)
Unimon: Iol 37' (Assisted by Duncan), 41' (Assisted by Wood)

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:38 pm

Saturday, 15 August, 2020 (Saniscara Pon Wuku Gumbreg, Pawukon 1780)

Between Politic and Sport

Depri Lanar, Chromatika - Pemecutan have been engage in regional and international sports competition for several years. But their football is not very active back then. This situation happen because of the nature of Pemecutan domestic football which is quite unique. After the unification of Giri Federation with Kingdom of Kanginan in 1966 which made Pemecutan, both entities still have separate institutions in most of the fields, including football. Pemecutan Football Association (PFA) which is established in early 1970's with the merging of Giri Football Association (GFA) and Kanginan Association of Football (KAF). But the domestic league of Pemecutan is still held by both entities, this resulted in duality of Pemecutan domestic league.

In 1980's PFA wants to erase the duality by merging the domestic competition held by GFA and KAF. But the idea was being turned down after KAF rejected the idea that their clubs have to started from the bottom level. This resulted in PFA decision to recognized GFA's sanctioned competition as the main Pemecutan domestic League. When PFA decided to entered regional and international competitions, only clubs from GFA that eligible to enter and only players in GFA's sanctioned competition that eligible to be pick as national squad. The situation gives high resentment from KAF clubs and players. PFA officials have several times persuade both GFA and KAF to merge their competition to no avail. This also which likely made PFA doesn't active too much in international competition and focus their attentions to regional competition first as they resolve their domestic situation.

The situation finally resolved in mid-2020 as GFA and KAF agreed to dissolved their domestic league and create a new competition. This competition will be sanctioned by PFA as the higher organization. While local competitions will still be held by GFA and KAF which joined by amateur clubs. Because of the great result, PFA decided to open their door for international competition. For starter, they joined Di Bradini Cup for U-21 national team in which they only finished at group stage. And now they are entering both Baptism of Fire and NS World Cup. Surya Agung Pramana as the Head Coach change the country squad. The changes is made because of retiring player (Adi Putrawan from Pesub Ubung is retiring and replace by Parsewi Mengwi goalkeeper, Satrya Yudha Wibawa) and also addition some players from KAF. Although with his effort to make KAF players getting more attention but critics still says that addition of 2 players from KAF are still too adequate. Both players are also reserve players. Despite the whole critics, Surya Agung Pramana still believe about his decision. He can't change much of the team squads as the squads had been achieve a tremendous performance in regional competition as 2 times Melayu Archipelago Cup semifinalist.

"It's been an honor for me just to be called to represent my country in this international competition. It is a small step for more recognition of Kanginani players but I believe Coach Pramana's decision is only for the best of our team," says Hilman Putrananda, Pemecutanian defense from Canggu, the other Kanginani player.

In the first match against Squidroidia, Pemecutan lost in a tight match of 3-4. Even though they lost their first match but Coach Pramana praise their solidarity.

"I hope we can decrease the gap between Mainland (read Girian) and Kanginani players with this competition. Their first match together have been in a solid form. They just need to be more focus and have confidence of themselves. Who knows in the future there will be more potential Kanginani players that I call for the next international competition," says Coach Pramana during the after match interview.

For the second match, Pemecutan will be facing Fluvannia. The match will be played in The Hive, Depri Sanar and will be broadcast live by Ubung Broadcasting Company (UBC) the official broadcaster for WC Cycle.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Savigliane
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Savigliane » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:13 pm

II. Natalia Rossi
18 October, 2017
Football Federation of Savigliane Headquarters
Villeneuve, Savigliane

As Natalia waited in front of the office of the FSF's President, the events of the night of the second playoff leg rattled around endlessly in her mind. The two Varanjan goals, the last-gasp penalty from Francesco Grimaldi to clinch Savigliane's ticket to the World Cup...and the national catastrophe that had happened after.

She shuddered as she remembered what had happened. She had been celebrating with Laurent Chambéry and the substitutes on the touchline when the earth beneath them had begun to tremble and shake. At first, they'd thought it was an earthquake - still scary, but nothing out of the usual, and the stadium had still seemed structurally sound. But then, with a great lurch, they had felt themselves begin to sink downward. At first, it felt like the stadium itself was sinking into the ground - a terrifying proposition that had sent the spectators into a frenzy and the players into panic. But then, as the land continued to shift beneath them, the sinking feeling had been replaced with a falling feeling. In hindsight, they would learn that this was the entire country of Savigliane detaching from the land around it and disappearing.

For the longest three minutes of Natalia's life, the entire stadium erupted into chaos. Fans fought fans in the stands; others stormed the pitch, forcing the players to run for the cover of the dressing room. The stadium roared with tens of thousands of voices shouting out the end of the world. Natalia had grabbed a dazed-looking Gabriel Lefebvre off the field herself, barely eluding the grasp of an angry fan. They had managed to get the ten players on the pitch into the dressing room and accounted for, and while a few security guards - as well as a particularly fierce-looking Marco Beccaria - guarded the entrance.

A few minutes later, the shuddering had stopped. Huddled in the dressing room, Natalia called roll, while one of the staff members accounted for every last member of their own. It was then that they discovered that Bianca Fiore - captain, fearless leader, indomitable central-midfielder, and the rock of the team - was gone.

The next hours had been a nonstop social media scroll as players and staff alike tried to figure out what had happened. The entire country was still unharmed, but the rest of the world - as well as any Savigliane citizen outside of the country's borders - were untraceable.

After twelve hours, only one theory remained. Savigliane had somehow moved to a different dimension.

"So, how's your team doing?" said Matteo Rinaldi, the President of the FSF.

"Well...you know. We still can't find Bianca, and the police said there's been no trace of her, so that's been a big loss. Also, you know, the whole 'switching dimensions' thing."

"It's not just Bianca you've lost. Every Savigliano player who was outside of the country when...it...happened is gone. Sofia Plaisance, Raphaël Rovira...fuck, half of our youth talent pool are still training in some foreign academy in another dimension...anyways, we've got a real challenge ahead of us."

"Do we? I kind of figured you guys would have to suspend the league while we deal with all this shit."

"Well yeah, the league is done. All the good Saviglianos are playing out of the country, anyways, and now we've just got a bunch of foreigners who need therapy and Saviglianos who couldn't find a better club to play for."

"...and who also need therapy."

"Right. So we're suspending the league season, but we do have another opportunity for you and Laurent." Matteo handed her a letter. "This is an invitation to the seventy-third Baptism of Fire. It's a football competition for nations 'new to the international football scene'. Since we're in a new dimension, that includes us."

"...yeah, so a lot of our guys have just lost family members, or had family members go missing, or are just generally distraught by the fact that our country just left its original dimension for no apparent reason. I don't think we can do this."

"I'm afraid we can't take 'no' for an answer, Natalia. This order comes from the President himself. You've seen how messy it's been out there. The nation needs something to help it heal. Our Golden Generation of football? Now, that's something we can all get behind."

"Okay, well..."

"And if we do well enough in these matches, who knows? Maybe we can still make a World Cup after all."
The Republic of Savigliane • La Repubblica Savigliana • done wandering
Leader: Prime Minister-in-Exile Bianca Fiore • Capitals: Acqui Bollente, Villenueve • Population: ~8,000,000
WC87 Video • WC88 Video • WCQ93 Video
The Story of Anaian Savigliane (RP Archive)
Property of Yue Zhou

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:33 pm

For the winners of the first day this is a chance to keep going, but for the losers this is also a chance...to bounce back. MD2 cut-off for Groups A to C!

Baptism of Fire 73
Matchday 2 - Valladar Section

Group A
Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 3–2 Lovisa
Iles Rogieres 4–4 Praeceptia
Savigliane 1–1 Pripet Socialist Republic

Group A                                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Praeceptia 2 1 1 0 9 5 +4 4
2 Iles Rogieres 2 1 1 0 7 5 +2 4
Savigliane 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
4 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 2 1 0 1 3 4 −1 3
5 Pripet Socialist Republic 2 0 1 1 2 4 −2 1
6 Lovisa 2 0 0 2 3 8 −5 0

Group B
Graintfjall 4–1 Kencana
Free Republic of Hong Kong 0–0 Eurasies
Wymondham 0–2 Tikariot

Group B                                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Tikariot 2 2 0 0 8 2 +6 6
2 Graintfjall 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 6
3 Eurasies 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 4
4 Free Republic of Hong Kong 2 0 1 1 2 6 −4 1
5 Kencana 2 0 0 2 1 5 −4 0
Wymondham 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group C
Southwest Eastnorth 5–1 Hwiccemark
Staypuftonia 2–2 Overseas Territories of Sylestone
Ihilthracna 0–1 The holy junta

Group C                                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The holy junta 2 2 0 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Overseas Territories of Sylestone 2 1 1 0 7 3 +4 4
Southwest Eastnorth 2 1 1 0 7 3 +4 4
4 Ihilthracna 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1
5 Staypuftonia 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1
6 Hwiccemark 2 0 0 2 2 10 −8 0
Last edited by Valladares on Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Southwest Eastnorth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2015

Postby Southwest Eastnorth » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 pm

Sluggish SWEN slugs out of the gate
excerpt from http://www.swensport.swe/football/BoF72.htm

VALLADARES - A shocking fourth place in the Copa Rushmori sent shivers through the NS Footballing community. Southwest Eastnorth fell out of the gate in game one, with only one point to show versus the Ihilthracna, a bit more was expected from the Fronteirsmen/Pioneers. While a 2 goal tie is good for some, when you do what southwest Eastnorth did in a major tournament like the Copa Rushmore, then you get pressure built up upon. yourselves. Chris Houton scored two goals, but then Kaavenshal Mosst also scored two. It was a constant struggle in the game, not only with the opponent, the nation of Ihilthracna, but with themselves as the struggled to compete against the pressure. A Game against Hwicemark, a struggling bunch who lost 5-1 to the OVerseas Territories of Sylestone, though that team as we know is made up of utility appliances and other assorted anthropomorphic household items. Hwicemark could turn it around versus Southwest Eastnorth, but to pull out a Graintfjellian media stunt, we could also trash them.

Playing in Valladares has been great. As an opponent in the Capo Rushmori, it was a high class act they put on in the game versus us in Astograth. Much much nice than the actual Astograthians we knocked out at the group stage. So we are glad when we were able to put on a show for them. A 5-1 dolloping of the Hwiccemark team gave us a 4 point total going into the next game with The Holy Junta. As far we know this team is not related to the notorious world footballing power the Holy Empire and their surreal band of misfits. It was very nice to be on the good end of a 5-2 game, especially since after the 2-2- tie many people thought that the tape was out and the lessons learned in beating Southwest Eastnorth were out there. But alas another strong 2 goal game from Chris Houton proved a spark plus there were three additional goals from Frontiersmen/Pioneers such as Martz-Marx, Kyra Thompson and Van Austin. Overall this is what we think we'll be getting out of the SWEN National team in the future as we set off to face the Holy Junta in Valladares. Then we face two key games against Staypuftonia and OTS.

Ihilthracna - 2
Mosst' 38' 55'

Southwest Eastnorth - 2
Houton 39' 44'

Southwest Eastnorth - 5
Houton 33' 70'
Mark Martz-Marx 50'
Austin 19'
K Thompson 88'

Hwicemark - 1
(??? ST) 74'

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Did your nation pick themselves up after an early defeat? Keep a good run going? Or continue the frustration of draws? Let's find out! MD2 Cutoff for Groups D-F.

Group D
Squidroidia 1–0 Unimon
Glazgo 3–1 Woryand
Pemecutan 1–0 Fluvannia
Group D                                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Glazgo 2 2 0 0 9 4 +5 6
2 Squidroidia 2 2 0 0 5 3 +2 6
3 Pemecutan 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
4 Unimon 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1
5 Woryand 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1
6 Fluvannia 2 0 0 2 3 7 −4 0

Group E
Southern Palm Islands 1–3 The Gothanita Isles
TOTEL 0–6 Netop
Rangers FC 0–1 Mathuvan Union
Group E                                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Mathuvan Union 2 2 0 0 4 0 +4 6
The Gothanita Isles 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
3 Netop 2 1 0 1 6 2 +4 3
4 Rangers FC 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 1
5 Southern Palm Islands 2 0 1 1 2 4 −2 1
6 TOTEL 2 0 0 2 0 9 −9 0

Group F
Megistos 2–0 Quebecois Acadiana
Liberal Democratic Socialist States 1–4 Tioguldos
NorraLesse 0–1 Se Vende Skooma
Group F                                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Megistos 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 6
Tioguldos 2 2 0 0 8 3 +5 6
3 Se Vende Skooma 2 1 0 1 4 4 0 3
4 Liberal Democratic Socialist States 2 1 0 1 5 7 −2 3
5 NorraLesse 2 0 0 2 1 5 −4 0
Quebecois Acadiana 2 0 0 2 2 6 −4 0

RP Prompt for Matchday 3:
RP Prompts are here to suggest a topic to write about. Writing about the prompt won't give you any additional points, but if you're ever stuck, feel free to give these a whirl!

MD2 - Domestic League.
Do you have a Domestic Football League? What is it called? How many flights does it have? How long has it been around? What are some of its biggest teams/rivalries? Which clubs are represented the most on your BoF Roster? What is the league like - is it physical? Fluid? Offensive? Defensive? What are the fans like? Describe the character of your league.

MD1 - Football Origins.
Welcome to your first foray in international football! How did football originate in your nation? Have you had a multi-decade tradition of professional league? Was it brought into the country by a colonial power? As it semi-pro for a long time, and just recently became professional? Who were some of the early stars in your nation's footballing history? As you take your first step into history, take a moment to look back at what led to your nation forming a squad to enter an international competition.
Last edited by Chromatika on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Southern Palm Islands
Attaché

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Southern Palm Islands » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:40 am

Palm Island Times
Lost in world!

Palm Islands lost the second match in the Baptism of Fire Tournament 73. The game was lost against Gothanita Isles for a score of 1-3. The opponents would have won the match with 0-3 score if Captain Plascas didn't score in the 98th minute. The goal was a lucky kick. The captain dribbling the ball advanced forward and gave a kick. Brooof .... It went at hit on the fingers of the goal keeper. Everything was lost. Suddenly it slipped from the keepers hand towards the net. It's a goal!!!! A goal for the good.

Romantic Goals from The Past

Narrator: Sembara Bunian (Coach of the team from Eraman)

I am going to say a story, of something that happened really. I'm not the hero or the villain. I'm going to narrate the beautiful romantic story. The set is Soracana Islands in Melayu Archipelago. The event is the 4th Melayu Archipelago Cup, Soracana Islands is now a part of United Kingdom of Pemecutan. It was annexed some weeks ago. So, here comes our Hero Mr.Daniel Plascas, captain of SPI National Team. He sits on the chair and the story starts....

After the practice session, SPIs captain D.Plascas was sitting on the chair in a cafe drinking Cappuccino. Then comes a reporter from the Soracana Islands. She is one of the most reputed reporters of Soracana. She have come to take a interview of the captain. She switches the microphone ON and the camera started rolling.

Reporter (R) and Captain (P):
Start...Camera...Action...
R: Hello!! Mr.Plascas, welcome to the show!!
P: Thank you.
R: How good was your practice?
P: It was fine and good.
R: I hope you like our nation Soracana
P: Yes. Ofcouse! It is just like our Palm Islands.
R: So sir, what would u like to say about yourself?
P: Me? I am Daniel Plascas. I was born in Sandburg Town west of Khurtubh. My parents are very reputed. My grandpa was the leader of SPI. We are also farmers, we have a lot of corn fields... I'm a Double Master in History. Trained as a professor in the last 4 years. Now, I take up soccer as a hobby with my job as Head Professor for History in National College of History and Sociology.
R: Proffesor Plascas? Hi! A professional historian in Pro-soccer?
P: Yep! As a historian let us move to history..
R: No sir, it's sports what we need.
P: Hear it. It has all your answers...
R: Ok.

To be Continued....
CMFA MAC 5 Host
CMFA MAC 7 Champions
Sepak Takraw World Cup 2 Champions

Puppet of Indusse
Mandalanusa

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020

Postby Squidroidia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:05 am

Squidroidia 1-0 Unimon
Hideo '48 (SQR)

The Jecken Squidroidian Super League and Inklingcraft Challenge League

Overview headed into Season 3

The Squidroidian football system consists of an 8 team top flight, the Squidroidian Super League, known as the Jecken Squidroidian Super League for sponsorship reasons and an 8 team 2nd division, known as the Squidroidian Challenge League, or for sponsorship reasons, the Inklingcraft Squidroidian Challenge League. A total of 14 first team clubs are involved in the 2 leagues and therefore the Squidroidian Cup, the nation's domestic cup competition. The remaining 2 teams in the Challenge League are reserve sides of the 2 biggest clubs in the country.

The Squidroidian Super League

Teams
NOTE: These are only provisional, things may change between now and the start of the season
Calamari Wanderers CFC
FC Squidroidia Squidbreak (Defending champions)
Inkopolis FC
Octo Valley FC (Promoted from the Squidroidian Challenge League as champions)
Real Squidroid CF
Starlight Boulevard FC
Tractor Club Sawayama
Tyranny Sports Club

History

Season         Winners                      Runners-Up       3rd Place
1 Calamari Wanderers CFC Inkopolis FC FC Squidroidia Squidbreak
2 FC Squidroidia Squidbreak Inkopolis FC Real Squidroid CF

Rivalries

The National Derby - Inkopolis FC vs FC Squidroidia Squidbreak
Easily the rivalry which brings out the most hatred, the National Derby, contested by the club of the people Inkopolis FC and the defending Super League champions and army team FC Squidroidia Squidbreak, is the biggest derby in the country. Not a single edition goes by without either team getting fierce tackles and red cards. The biggest by far was on Matchday 27 of Season 2, with the Squidbreak knowing a win against their hated rivals meant that they would lift the Super League at Squidroidia Armed Forces Park. The Inklings, as the capital-based club are known, held on to a 1-1 draw meaning that the title celebrations ended up happening in Sawayama instead.

History of the National Derby

1-1 Draw (Inkopolis City Stadium, Inkopolis, Super League Season 1)
2-1 Inkopolis FC (Squidroidia Armed Forces Park, Takanori Army Base, Super League Season 1)
2-0 Inkopolis FC (Inkopolis City Stadium, Inkopolis, Squidroidian Cup Season 1 Quarter-Finals)
1-1 Draw (Inkopolis City Stadium, Inkopolis, Super League Season 2)
4-1 Squidbreak (Squidroidia Armed Forces Park, Takanori Army Base, Super League Season 2)
2-2 Draw (Inkopolis City Stadium, Inkopolis, Super League Season 2)
1-1 Draw (Squidroidia Armed Forces Park, Takanori Army Base, Super League Season 2)

Overall Record - 2 IFC wins, 4 draws, 1 Squidbreak win

The Inkopolis Derby - Inkopolis FC vs Real Squidroid CF
Another team who are rivals with the Inklings is the radical football club known as Real Squidroid, or Real for short. Squidroidian Cup winners in Season 1, they nearly had to face their heated rivals in the Squidroidian Cup Final, but IFC ultimately lost to Midnight. Both teams haven't won the title in the modern era, but both aren't afraid to sign international stars - IFC got a hold of Nepharans Wynoma Rampart and Orestis Kalyvas to fill the void left by superstar Itoh Hoshi (Who ended up in Xanneria) and Real signed Audioslavian FootballerMcfootballyface finalist Jan McCrory, allowing them to go 3rd in Season 2. Both teams are in the IFCF Challengers Cup this year.

Also Real have this thing where their stadium is interchangeably called Tower Stadium or Tower Park.

History of the Inkopolis Derby

2-1 Real (Inkopolis City Stadium, Inkopolis, Super League Season 1)
2-1 Real (Tower Stadium, Inkopolis, Super League Season 1)
1-0 Inkopolis FC (Tower Stadium, Inkopolis, Super League Season 2)
6-3 Inkopolis FC (Inkopolis City Stadium, Inkopolis, Inkopolis, Super League Season 2)
4-1 Inkopolis FC (Tower Stadium, Inkopolis, Super League Season 2)
1-0 Inkopolis FC (Inkopolis City Stadium, Inkopolis, Inkopolis, Super League Season 2)

Overall Record - 4 IFC wins, 0 draws, 2 Real wins

The Squidroidian Challenge League

Teams
NOTE: These are only provisional, things may change between now and the start of the season
Club Factoria
FC Squidroidia Squidbreak B (Reserve club)
Inkopolis FC B (Reserve club)
Midnight Soccer Club (Relegated from the Super League last season)
Northport Meadows SC
Spartansburg City
TryHard Sporting
Weedpot FC

History

Season         Winners                      Runners-Up       3rd Place
1 Octo Valley FC Weedpot FC Club Factoria
2 Octo Valley FC Club Factoria FC Squidroidia Squidbreak B

The Gothanita Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gothanita Isles » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:25 am

In the creation of this RP, there has been another song which gave me inspiration. If you wish, you can try to find out what this song is. (If you know it you probably can spot it easily.)

Previous RP
RP Series: Getting to the top
Chapter 1: Aiming to be the very best
Part 2: What goes round comes round

In the Isles, there are a few religions who believe in the notion of "the endless cycle", that life is nothing but a cycle. Some may refer to it as "Karma", while others just simply use a common saying, "What goes round comes round". Maybe the interpretation is slightly different, but since here in the Isles, the use of the word "Karma" has become so broad that even "You reap what you sow" is another way to explain it.

For sports athletes, understanding that their life cycle here in the sporting world is really short due to the way their physical capabilities decrease over time, they understand the need to put in hard work. The amount of effort that the players put in in order to ensure that they are at the top of the game is definitely necessary in order to stay relevant in this cut throat career. Just look at the Isles' football system. A grand total of 52 senior professional teams play in the Gothanitan Football League, which is split into 4 distinct leagues. There was once a proposal to merge the entire league into 1 main league without playoffs, but nobody could agree with a 28-team division 1 and a 24-team division 2, because that means that all teams play between 46 to 54 times in a year, excluding the domestic cup. That means too many midweeks occupied for comfort. A proposal to cut the number of teams in the top 2 division, with a 3rd division that is split by state was also ruled out because of the differences in the number of clubs in each state. The competitiveness of the current split is really questionable, but at least it works out currently with the sheer number of rivalries formed across the league, as well as the ups and downs each team experience with the two-legged playoffs determining the ultimate champion in our isles. Is anyone unbeatable in this system? We don't think anyone has experienced going a season unbeaten before, but we have seen teams dominating one season, and getting pulled off the seat in the second season because of this wild chase to be top.

The players themselves know how hard it is to become champion in the Isles, and therefore, they brought in the spirit into the match. Southern Palm Islands is another tricky opponent, simply because of their prior experiences. Members of Otksarin would know them from being in Melayu Archipelango, as well as being the host nation of the 5th MAC. Ultimately, it was the sheer understanding of that side that allowed the Isles to trash them, with leftback Jeanette Ross scoring the first one, and then captain Kartal scoring 2 goals to complete the rout before Daniel Plascas scored a really late consolation goal deep into stoppage time. Jeanette Ross opened the scoring after 65 minutes, catching the ball that was parried out by Palmyran keeper Rawat Khan, before our captain Kartal scored 2 goals in the 72nd and the 80th minute.

After the game, Jeanette Ross, the leftback, was interviewed a Gothanitan reporter who was down to ask the players about their feelings.
"Jean (short for Jeanette, fyi), that was a really nice performance from you!"
"Thank you!"
"We looked at how the first goal was scored. You ran all the way in front to get the ball from Grigorii, who was stuck in a 2v1 situation. Then you took the ball and made such a nice low pass to Cyneburga, who was waiting in the middle. Cyneburga then made a nice shot into goal, but the ball was parried out and then it was you again who took control of the rebound and headed it in to score! The important question here was - what convinced you to make such an atypical move?"
"It was the aim to win each and every match. During the first half, we didn't get in a good performance, and was at one point down. It was the nadir for us, as all of a sudden we were no longer winning. It was dangerous for us, since having 5 other very good teams with us here in the group means that we need to do well in each match. Southern Palm Islands, Netop, Mathuvan Union, Rangers FC and TOTEL - such a difficult group. We know that Southern Palm Islands and Rangers FC drew in the first matchday, and although they downplayed that match, it was a really good performance from both sides as we look at the replay of the match. We knew this match was a slugfest - and prepared very well for it."
"So you are suggesting that the team prepare unconventional methods of beating the opponent?"
"I guess it goes back to Karma, at least, our Gothanitan interpretation of it."
"Maybe you can explain to us how it relates to that?"
"It is that feeling in you when you start to realise that you might lose the match. At that point, we were level for quite some time, and everything in us was telling us that we had to work really hard to come here, now we had to win it. You just feel like you have to push yourself and find ways to break the deadlock."
"How does it even work?"
"Something that comes in me? I don't really know how to explain it. It may sound like gloating, but in fact, gloating occurs because you want your opponents to feel the pain of losing."
"I don't really get you there."
"When they think they are winning, and are celebrating and enjoying those goals they scored, you feel really bad because now you are losing. Celebrating goals is a form of gloating, something that is pretty commonplace in football. What happens then? You don't want to waste all your effort preparing to win, you just want to go out and get that win. So naturally, you would do stupid things, unconventional things, but ultimately, you just want to win."
"So it was something in you that convinced you that you had to do it?"
"Yes of course!"
"Thank you very much."

Even though that was it, Jeanette knew that there was more things she wanted to say, but she held herself back.
"... It is the feeling of being able to run up there, score that goal, and tell your opponents, 'Hey look I just scored in your face! Me, a defender, scoring!' Now you know how I feel when I am on the losing end of the stick. How do you like that goal, eh?"
Last edited by The Gothanita Isles on Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Incorporated States of The Gothanita Isles (GTI)
"4 states, 1 isles."
Members of the Isles include: North Handoria, South Jeolerina, Hallikshire and Otksarin.

Reporting the Nationstates World Cup live:
Follow the ongoing World Cup Qualifiers (91st): https://bit.ly/NSSWCQ91
Planned microsite for the upcoming World Cup (91st) and Cup of Harmony (83rd): https://bit.ly/WC91CoH83

Praeceptia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

All According to Plan

Postby Praeceptia » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:43 am

Fun DanceALot Newswire

BREAKING NEWS!

The Tickler

• Man wrestles meth-addicted alligator in competition for beer in carnival ball pit
    • Duck arrested for threatening taxi driver with banana
    • Seniors' horror show too senior?

Politics

• Dress Code Update: No shorts above the knee during summer months
    • Arthritis injections rationed: When will yours arrive?
    • How to avoid capital punishment 101

Sports

• Baptism of Fire too hot?
    • World Cup Qualifying: When, Where, Why, and How
    • Professional Flogging: How to get started
Praeceptia 4-4 draw in Match day 2: "All according to plan," says Coach Amet.

Crushing blow after crushing blow. Praeceptia couldn't manage to hold the lead over Iles Rogieres.

Coach Amet was content despite the frustrating draw, "Straight from the training ground. We're taking it one game at a time." He blew off the difficult game in which our Praeceptians took the lead - and lost it - four times. This comes only days after Coach Amet, also Praeceptia's Minister of Sports and Recreation, had taken funds from other programs, such as tennis, hockey, and basketball, to revamp the football program in Lascivio Foedus et Contentio (LFC), Praceptia's premier football league. Amet's Vice Minister, Egosum Vir, has been under fire for his lack of support of the international stage. "He's totally boggin', he is. He ain't na John McNurnty, 'n' ah ken a thing or twa aboot golf!" a supporter had to say. With all of the trouble going on, Coach Amet left us with this, "All according to plan."

The draw: We witnessed a second hat trick from Novus, a sweaty goal for Pelllis Figulus, and another long day for Vastata Amet, the supposed 15 year old world class striker. Though he provided another assist, he could hardly register a shot on target. He had this to say, "Be the one to doubt what appears to be undoubtable." Some have claimed he receives favoritism in the LFC and that it is what allowed his incredible scoring record. His father is after all the Minister of Sports and Recreation. "Cops enjoy corporal punishment," is all Coach Amet would admit about the supposed corruption. When questioned over the subject, Clava Leones Ignus teammate Shijo Saiko clenched his fists and cast his teary eyed gaze to one side, "I... I have to be stronger!"

On top of the international draw comes disturbing news. The LFC's contract with Penal-Tea has not been renewed, forcing other sponsors to consider whether the league is worth the investment. Teams such as Clava Monscollis, who holds the claim to the longest existing football team in Praeceptia, will not have any issue with lack of funds due to long standing ties to the public. Yet, expansion teams like Clava Simia, Praeceptia's all chimpanzee football team, will struggle with no funding. Public support has often wavered over the controversial club, especially after last seaon's fire bombing of the Clava Simia headquarters resulted in their league play being ended early. To make matters worse for the chimpanzees, their rival club Clava Leonus Ignes, is said to have approached their world class goal keeper Muta "Mumu" Fortis. This is what Clava Simia's president had to say on the subject, "Eee ook. Ok ok ek ee eee oo ook. EeeEEEeeEEeeEEEk!"

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:56 am

Excerpts from GBC Two [radio] coverage of the second match.
    “…a lively crowd here at Stade de l'Amitié, plenty of blue in the stands, and a little gray too, as some Snow Wolf Pack fans continue to – gently – mock their rather old team with gray wigs, thick glasses, and walking sticks. There’s a little pack of them down there waving knitting about! No needles, though, think stadium security might have nabbed them. The players lining up take no notice of course, and just to confirm from our pre-match build-up it’s the same team that took the field against Wymondham…”

“…good low shot by Ali! Blocked by Alexander, big man got down there with a creak so loud you probably heard it back home in Græntfjall. Cleared out by Ralf, and that little passage of danger fades away. But all the early running by Kencana here, very spirited team, bringing the attack to Græntfjall…”

“…Moktar with the long shot, but that sits up very comfortably for Alexander to gather, no real threat in the strike. Quick throw, Andrin collects, wrong-foots Aslam and turns, nice move, brings it upfield, Andrin still on the ball, lays it off to Ralf, who holds it up. Græntfjall not really taking advantage of the space in the middle of the field afforded by this Kencana formation, very slow and that’s killing their counter-attacks…”

“…Andrin again, he’s looked the spark for Græntfjall so far, what can he make here as he collects the throw, and that’s a looong pass out to Hlégestur on the opposite flank. Again this lateral ball movement is slowing everything down and allowing Kencana to shovel men behind the ball, no attacking movement at all from Græntfjall. Hlégestur cuts in field, Omar coming over to tackle but Hlégestur sweeps past him. Not much developing, might try it himself, long range shot – and it’s thirty rows back! … dreadful waste …”

“…Hrærekur, nice pass finds Hæming in some space, and he feeds it back to Hrærekur. To Hlégestur, dynamic on the left in the first game but hasn’t linked up well tonight. Hlégestur taking it down the left flanks, feints a cut inside, keeps it out on his left. Whips in a cross – goal! A goal from nowhere and that’s a powerful thumping header from Hrærekur. The cross was just lofted in there, and Hrærekur Jvarsson just leapt over Falih and Zainudin to get his head to it, sent the ball back to the far post leaving Chik completely wrong-footed. Yet again Hlégestur’s cross creates a goal, and Græntfjall’s lead isn’t exactly against the run of play, but it came a little bit out of nothing…”

“…Alexander plays it out from the back, Ralf picks out Andrin, takes it into the Kencanan half. Beats Omar, beats Zainudin! Great run this from Andrin, drives right, skims a ball into the box, and Hrærekur is there! 2 – 0, and a second goal to Hrærekur Jvarsson. At full stretch trying to reach a – let’s be generous and call it a cross not a wildly mis-aimed shot from Andrin, because it was his good run that set things up, all from a fairly innocuous start. Hrærekur lunged, got his toe on the ball and Chik and Yakub could only watch as the ball scuttled in at the near post. Well, Hrærekur Jvarsson, now the leading scorer in Græntfjaller football history! Never thought I’d be saying that…”

“…Muhammad’s pass finds Moktar out on the left, and Öne struggling to keep up. Whips a cross, Alexander comes out to punch. Finds Omar, who rockets a shot back in! 2 – 1! What a volley! And what a mistake by Alexander, that cross from Moktar was pretty innocuous, Græntfjall have defended the cross well all night, had plenty of time to catch it, but for some reason he punched it. Didn’t get a good connection, straight to Omar on the edge of the box who didn’t think twice. It was a mistake, but still needed a clean strike to take advantage of it and it certainly got that. That really takes the wind out of Græntfjall just on the half – yes, in fact, that is the half. So, back to the studio, to discuss the big issues. Græntfjall, unusually, dominating possession – but failing to make it count? Are they too slow? And what will Jessika Jünkindietrünk be wearing on tonight’s Fußball Show? The key questions…”

“…Andrin, good move, he’s been involved in most of what’s gone right for Græntfjall tonight, looked a more animated presence than Hlégestur. Andrin held up by Demang, takes it past him to the left, now a burst of pace! Gets around Demang, Zainudin moving in to cut him off, and absolutely saws him down! That must be a penalty! It is! Straight red? …no, just a booking for Zainudin, but there could be much worse punishment in store as Dan Antoninsson – we haven’t said that name much, so far, unfortunately, has looked a little out of his depth at international level, but he’s going to have to improve with his new transfer to Torbay Thunder. Kelssek thrashed the Snow She-Wolves at the Olympics the other night, so fair to say he’ll be competing at a higher level over there. Takes his time. Ignores the Snow Wolf Pack throwing balls of wool and boiled toffee sweets onto the field. Two paces back. Staring down Chik. Up to the spot – thumps it, 3 – 1! Cool penalty there from Dan, not beautifully struck but hard enough that even with a hand to it, Chik couldn’t keep it out…”

“…and Kencana are flagging now, attack after attack from Græntfjall. Ørjan lays it off quickly to Hæming, some substitutions coming I think, Sigtryggur perhaps planning to pull Love off and bring on Kalle, shut this thing down. Yes, Kalle taking off his tracksuit, I’m sure it’ll be Love to come off. Hlégestur sprinting up the left to collect the pass, he’s looked a bit brighter this second half. Big booming cross to the back of the penalty area, Dan controls it but can’t get a shot away, turns to shoot, blocked, and Love scrambles it in! Well – just as I predicted he was going to be taken off, perhaps he sensed that coming, either way, he’s just scored what must be the goal that seals it. 4 – 1 to Græntfjall, Love being mobbed by the team. And aha, that’s a nice celebration, hobbling around, using the corner flag like a walking stick – perhaps showing the doubters he can joke about his age, too…”

“…ooh, senseless challenge there, Tamir tumbles to the ground. Booking for Ralf, so rash, and that’ll cost them very dearly as they’ll have to do without his services against Tikariot. Speaking of Tikariot, let’s bring you up to speed with some of the other scores while Omar gets his free-kick ready. Tikariot 2, Wymondham 0, so the next match will be a top-of-the-table clash; Eurasies held scoreless by Hong Kong, perhaps a bit of an upset there but good news for Græntfjall. Omar’s free-kick – easily blocked by the wall, think Hæming was there, and Kalle plays it away…”

“…into the third added minute, Vilbjörn and Hæming playing keep-away in the corner, frustration for Kencana. That’s it, another glance at the whistle and with a sharp blast, it’s confirmed, Græntfjall 4, Kencana 1. Græntfjall might have been better served going for another goal at the end there instead of going negative, Tikariot still with the advantage on goal difference. They’ll have to take the field for the next game with, I would have though, Hilmar Farmansson in as Ralf Álfarsson’s replacement, but we shall see. Four goals tonight, the match award going to Andrin for his dynamic work on the right hand side. We’re leaving you here in Fontvielle and taking you to Orean, where the rowing is about to get started on Lake Widmore…”
The commentators are correct, Hilmar will start in place of Ralf against Tikariot.
Last edited by Graintfjall on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Megistos
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Megistos » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:09 am

Megistos 2–0 Quebecois Acadiana

Megistos are still top of the group, tied with Tioguldos but yeah, still on top, whoosing past Quebecois Acadiana with a simple 2 goal game, both goals coming from Megistos. Here's how the match played out.

In the 4th minute, Quebecois had the first chance. The winger on their team intercepted the ball after a poor goalkick from Becks, and he ran down the line, speeding past Fran and passing it to the striker, who was on the edge of the box, and the striker took the shot. It took a amazing dive from Becks and a clearance from Fri to get the ball away

The clock ticked on the 16th minute, and Megistos had a huge chance. Cringan was speeding away from the wingback on the opposition, and crossed the ball in. Robertson met with the ball, but he got clearly tackled and missed, and the Megistians wanted a penalty. After checking VAR, the ref gave the penalty and handed out the red card to the defender. Robertson ran up to take the shot, and he slotted it in the middle of the goal while the goalie dived left, and scored the first goal for Megistos.

The second goal came in on the 39th minute, with a attack forming from Williams. He booted the ball upfield to Lam, who spotted a running Lukovic and decided to give him the chance, and Lukovic converted with a volley on the goalkeeper's left side.

Half time came, and the players were tired

"Great game out there, kids, we are leading by 2 goals. Unlike last time, defend now. If they score, go all out attacking, as we can't risk a draw. We are out there to win! You lot are doing great! But make it better!"

In the second half, nothing much happened. In the 67th minute, Lukovic almost got another goal but the defender stole the ball away at the last second. In the 74th minute, Robertson scored a goal but it was ruled for offside. After that, time-wasting from both sides resulted in a 2-0 win for Megistos.
Ambassador To Canada

Netop
Secretary

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Netop » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Kohnheadian Colonizers were the ones to introduce football to us

*This is an excerpt from Allan Westerly's book The History of the Islands of Netop: From remote Islands to being colonized by a crazed Government trying to achieve World Power*

As the crazed Supreme Leader Kohnhead I of Kohnhead sent wave after wave of colonizers after our peaceful Islands they brought their language, their disease, their war, their way of life, and what this next couple of pages will talk about is their love of football.

Long before they would become a nation on the rise in the World of Football and sports in general, Kohnheadians kept their love of sports to themselves even as the World Cup in the multiverse blossomed. Everyone played football in Kohnhead and the colonizers that the Supreme Leader sent were no exception. In just a few months as we fended for our lives against the brute force of the colonizers they attempted to integrate us into their culture. The word in our language was Goysha, in their language it was to put it simply atrocities.

While we lost our culture, language, and way of life due to them we gained something that is now a center of our life. We gained the sport of football as great and heartbreaking as the sport can be. In Foster our capital they played in the streets, and on the grass fields surrounding the town. Our people quickly caught on and unlike the language, and rest of their culture this was not something they forced upon us.

Once we kicked them out some colonizers horrified at what they had done stayed behind to help rebuild us. They took the dream of football and made it a reality teaching us the ways of the game. Foster which is located on the largest of the Northern Islands is where the sport is most popular today.

Despite its immense popularity, a real professional domestic league in Netop never came about and probably never will. Soccer is a sport that you learn and play a lot of and most people play in amateur leagues on the weekends or during nights. We hadn't even considered going International with the sport until we saw what f*cking Kohnhead was able to do (Netopians hate to swear). The fact that a nation like them was able to do so well and really make a footing in the multiverse convinced us that we needed to take our passion and show the World our love for soccer.
AO Puppet of Kohnhead

Tioguldos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tioguldos » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:34 pm

THE MUKO TIOG
TIOGULDÓS' FOOTBALL LEAGUE

The history of the Muko Tiog

Sports in Tioguldós, like many other things had to overcome a hard patch during the ten years of civil war that marked the beginning of the Tiog Revolution. Muko Tiog's predecessor competition was the Orkasdusian Football First Division, which continues today in the territories still controlled by the Republic of Orkasduso. At the beginning of the armed conflict, professional sports came to a halt. This was not a problem for the Tiog fans, who quickly organized an amateur league between teams defending the Revolution. Once the armistice was signed, after a decade of struggle, the different clubs together with the sports department of the Ministry of Culture and Sports got to work to manage the football league of the nascent People's Republic.
The Muko Tiog ('Tiog League' in Tiog) had the participation of many teams that competed during the Revolution. Some of them were formed from scratch, while others existed for many years, and changed their names and badges. Many of the great players who had played during Orkasduso's time fled the country for fear of losing their high economic status and frivolous lifestyle. In the new nation, football largely shed its chauvinism and other deviations from bourgeois individualism. The violence in the stadiums was exchanged for brotherhood and camaraderie. Football became a way to celebrate freedom.
A short time ago, the first season of Muko Tiog ended. The first official football champion of Tioguldós was OMB, from Mo Bmodo.

Football in Tioguldós

The civil war left the country very battered. In addition to the casualties, a good part of the infrastructure was destroyed or sabotaged. Additionally, Tioguldós bears the burden of illegal embargoes by imperialist powers. The Tiog people know that they must work hard to overcome the obstacles that are presented to them. Sport is still far from being what Tioguldós wants for its athletes.
As for the clubs, many of them were founded by workers from different fields. Some clear examples are Image PLF Berdioure, of the workers of the Port of Goúo Gomospo; Image Nofararekh Faberdakh, from Bosfum State Sawmill; and Image PO Nusarekh, of the miners of Gomporla. In these cases, the vast majority of the athletes are workers or their families, although anyone has access to the facilities and can be selected for the first team. Other teams were independently founded and open their doors to the community. Some relevant cases are Image OMB, from Mo Bmodo; Image PO Draspa Moipas, from Draspa Moipas; and Image Faberdakh Tisús, from Tisús. These teams tend to have broader calls, which in general gives them better opportunities at a competitive level, although the general well-being of their non-professional participants may decrease due to the lack of central organization. There are also teams founded by state offices for their workers, like Image JP Arnal, from the Post Office; Image Faberduge Pos, from the Federal Police; or Image Faberdakh Ornofo, from the People's Liberation Army of Tioguldós. These teams operate in the largest cities and have offices around the country, but due to the responsibilities of their members, they tend to be less competitive and more focused on providing them with a place of rest and dispersal. Finally, there are teams focused on a characteristic or ideal common to their members, such as Image Pmig Enako, originally created by university students, is oriented to intellectual development and studies and organizes reading clubs, debates and others; Image Ókumo Ferofo ST, with a nationalist inclination, their fans are the most problematic in the league, they raise flags and emblems, but many consider them alien to true Tiog thought; and Image Pmig Usjarsin Isufekh, created by people of diverse religious currents, opposed to the majority hard materialistic style in Tioguldós, believing fans tend to support it, although it's one of the weakest teams.
Tioguldós is a relatively small country, with 8 million inhabitants and 300,000 km2. There's not enough money yet to rebuild the country after the war. For this reason, the professionalization of the sport has not yet been carried out. Players still have jobs, although their participation in teams gives them great freedom. For some world-class players, their lifestyle was non-negotiable, and they left the country. For many others, the peace and economic and social security of Tioguldós was more important than luxury cars. Some of them even took up arms to defend their independence. Today they continue to demonstrate their quality within the field, while providing their part in the national reconstruction. The football level in the country is not optimal, but all citizens know that there is a bright future ahead.

Tiog Fans

Many think that football is no longer the same in Tioguldós. They consider that Orkasduso's characteristic passion faded with the revolution. However, Muko Tiog's season had high ratings, both in stadiums and on broadcasts. It is true that moments of euphoria are not lived with as much euphoria as before, but it is also undeniable that defeats no longer cause exaggerated dramas. The cases of violence that used to be common years ago today are isolated situations. As a renowned Tiog journalist once said, in Tioguldós, passion is driven by football, not by results.

Top 3 of the first Muko Tiog season

OMB

Odmádupe Mo Bmodo was the first champion of the Muko Tiog. In 38 matches, the team from Mo Bmodo obtained 84 points in total, losing only six games. It's one of the biggest clubs in the country, with almost 35,000 members; and besides football, many other sports are practiced not professionally.
OMB's style of play is characterized by its caution, attacking often with few players and keeping the ball in the middle of the field. The players who were called to make up the national team that participates in BoF73 are: Miluose Oches, Ugós Oroso, Erolue Melofo, Ofruós Geuo, Refruke Lóroda, Pormel Omasdo and Telá Potos. Many of them are not in the first team because Gúpder Mebal leans towards more offensive players who are better suited for 4-3-3. In the words of OMB's coach, Milúo Logodusu, "If I had been chosen to lead the Red Army, my starting team would be the eleven players from OMB".

PO Draspa Moipas

Pmig Odmádupe Draspa Moipas, 'The Giant of the West', is an athletic club from Draspa Moipas. The region of the country where this team is based has few clubs, so almost all good players from several kilometers around come to Draspa Moipas looking for a chance to make the first team. They finished as runners-up of the Muko Tiog, 4 points behind OMB. Draspa Moipa's style is very aggresive. They use 7 or 8 players in offensive plays and put pressure on the opponent without rest for 90 minutes. They played during the season with a style very similar to that used by Mebal in the national team, and for this reason many of their players are in the starting eleven. Its players in the Red Army are: Kildoge Fenuskal, Norue Gomospar, Óstam Perda Raom, Prulduos Omnofo, Choam Osfomilúo and Kogruam Lupauro.

Pmig Enako

Pmig Enako, known as 'The Pinks', is a team based in Barkenuse. The club facilities have one of the largest libraries in Tioguldós, as well as an Olympic swimming pool and courts for different sports. Still, the main sport is football. They reached third place this season and scored the most goals. Their classic 3-5-2 can overwhelm any team that is not properly prepared. Although they are vulnerable to counterattacks, conceding many goals throughout the 38 games, it is difficult for a Pmig Enako match not to end with a Pink goal. Tilde Lomifal, Losduse Albofokh, Fosuam Nomob, Omgarde Besel, Pmoifue Jopar and the captain of the team Losduse 'Nese' Niforro are part of the Red Army squad for this BoF73.

The Overseas Territories of Sylestone
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Overseas Territories of Sylestone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:28 pm

“What were you doing? You were playing like a bunch of five year olds! We really should have beaten them. They didn’t play very well, and you thought to match them? What were you doing?

Earlier in the game, OTS were running rings around Staypuftonia. The Golf Club and Cricket Bat scores a goal apiece in the 33rd and 45+2’ minutes respectively.

The first goal was the result of a foul just outside the penalty area. In this case, the Hockey Stick’s shot flew over the defensive wall straight into the gold club, who flicked it into the corner of the goal. 1-0 OTS. 14 minutes later, into injury time, the Cricket Bat got delivered a through pass from the Lacrosse Net. He dribbled it past the defenders and lofted it into the crossbar. The call rebounded into the net and it was 2-0 OTS at half time. For now.

The second half was a lot more relaxed. It was 2-0 and OTS just decided to play possession. It seemed a good decision as by the 80th minute the score was still 2-0 and the lead was still theirs. Then the mayhem began. A sloppy pass from the Bowling Ball to the Table Tennis Bat was intercepted by Staypuftonian striker Mitchell Locke. He passed the ball to Pedro, who slammed it into the correct Soccer Goal. 2-1 OTS.

Then the momentum was theirs. Staypuftonia pushes on the offensive and soon, the Cricket Met tripped Po Man Xiao up and rewarded them a penalty in the 86th minute. It was slotted in and the score was 2-2. The OTS coach was furious. He started yelling at the players. It seemed to help. Late in the game, three minutes into injury time, the Broomstick smacked the ball straight to the Basketball Backboard in the midfield. He passed it to the Table Tennis Bat, who was left with an open goal ahead of him. It was his chance to shine. And, well, he didn’t. He went for glory and the ball hit the post and went out. The whistle blew and OTS has to be satisfied with a draw. They deserved worse.

OVERSEAS TERRITORIES OF SYLESTONE - 2
Golf Club 33’
Cricket Bat 45+2’

STAYPUFTONIA - 2
Pedro 80’
Po Man Xiao 86’

Hwiccemark
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hwiccemark » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:34 pm

The Gazette
Hwiccemark's dire start leaves Jacquette's future in question

Hwiccemark entered the Baptism of Fire and the Independent's Cup under the tutelage of Cinead Jacquette, and have seen disappointment in both tournaments thus far. The Baptism of Fire, up against national teams of a similar stature, has been particularly disappointing for fans as Jacquette oversaw two consecutive 5-1 defeats. Fans have criticized what many see to be a lethargic style of play, that provides neither defensive solidity nor attacking incision. Both the tactics he's set, and his selections have been widely panned in a campaign where the wheels seem to be falling off.

Hwiccemark have so far set up in what could be charitably described as a 'safety first' system, having a back five with two fairly defense minded wing-backs, a midfield 3 with two many ball winners and not enough playmakers and a forward line with no service. The full squad is named below, with starters outlined.

Formation: 5-3-2
Permissions:
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y (no killing)
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
Style Mod: -4

Starters in Bold
No. Name Age Club Playing Style
Goalkeepers
1 Dick Bone 39 Bosham Athletic Shot-stopper
12 Patrick Arzt 32 Longborth Cross Shot-stopper
23 Josefine Stern 21 Ruisling Juniors Sweeper Keeper

Centre-Backs
3 Jerrard Newton 22 Bosham Athletic No-nonsense
4 Astor De Jonker 33 Longborth Cross All-round centre-half
5 Alf MacDaniel 34 Longborth Cross No-nonsense

19 Colin Ross 37 Bosham Athletic No-nonsense
21 Cyrilla Parsons 37 Tilbury Scuttlers No-nonsense

Right-Wing Backs
2 Svanhild Wortham 28 Bosham Athletic Defensively focused
13 Micha Lindsey 35 Svaelaborg All-rounder

Left-Wing Backs
7 Zonia Cimini 27 Carewton Stannary Defensively focused
14 Quiana Wieczorek 24 Longborth Cross All-rounder
22 Josiah Rowlett 25 Tilbury Scuttlers All-rounder

Central Midfield
6 Romein Wauters 21 Longborth Cross Anchor
8 Courtney Carrier 20 Ruisling Juniors Box to Box
10 Eulalia Farrel 27 Brysborg Metropolitan Playmaker

15 Enrique Yardley 34 Bosham Athletic Playmaker
16 Hidde Yonker 22 Brysborg Metropolitan Free-roaming ball winner
17 Dulce Twist 29` Friskney Rovers Box to Box

Strikers
9 Lilli Fairweather 35 Longborth Cross Poacher
11 Casier Merten 19 Ruisling Juniors Pacey

18 Etta Munroe 23 Bosham Athletic Poacher
20 Gerry Van Der Laar 28 Carewton Stannary Pacey

Drawing particular criticism is the style of play. With five at the back, and wing-backs who are more focused on defense than attack, Jacquette is playing an extremely defensive system which prioritizes solidity over the spectacular. This has come under particular fire as Hwiccemark have failed to look compact in either game, whilst it is clear the defense and midfield have been told to stay tight to each other and be difficult to play through, teams have found it easy to play through them. The ageing nature of the back three centre-backs has come under particular scrutiny as they seem too slow to close down and far too passive. As a consequence, the amount of time afforded to the opposition midfield on the edge of the area has proved damning. They've had the time and space to pick the passes to pull apart the Hwicce defense.

The lack of forward thrust from the wing-backs has proved a particular problem. The 4-3-3 of Southwest Eastnorth caused particular problems, as the wing-backs found them isolated in 2 versus 1 situation in defense, as the 3 covered the middle and the forwards covered centrally. Forfeiting the wings allowed SWEN to pile in the crosses, with their central players energy in the box meaning that these chances ended up converted into goals.

Meanwhile, against the Overseas Territories of Sylestone Hwiccemark came undone again. The opponents formation was fluid, as also seemingly consisting of sentient sporting gear. Regardless, the old defensive line proved Hwiccemarks undoing as the speed of their opponents saw them, again, put into 1 on 1 situations and defeated as a result of them.

Doubt about Jacquette's leadership are getting louder and louder. He has selected an older backline with little threat going forward in a tournament many Hwicceans viewed as their only realistic chance of a decent run, owing to the nature of the opposition. Jacquette came into the squad riding off his reputation, having taken Longborth Cross to a domestic double last year, and having won the league and cup previously with the same club. However, he also came into the role with a reputation for safety first football. The level of defensive focus has come somewhat as a surprise, at Cross this allowed his offensive players a base on which to flourish, here they hardly seem able to play out of their own half.

One must consider that, despite the tactical innovations that have arrived on our shores, that Hwiccemark remains behind the times internationally. Whilst pressing, counter-pressing and possessional football have all made big strides, other countries clearly do it better. With the overloads made by Sylestone and SWEN in both games it was revealed that the cream of the Hwicce crop look slow, uncreative and fragile against an energetic press. Jacquette will need to find solutions rapidly, otherwise it may not only be curtains for the Baptism of Fire campaign, but also for World Cup qualification.

Tikariot
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tikariot » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Garrett McQuigg: I'm right here in Junin, right at the sidelines in the Estadio Camilo Mazera Lopez and the match of Team Tikariot against Wymondham has just finished. Behind me you can see the Wymondham players trudge off the field, while the black and purple are still out there celebrating a 2-0 win and with that-- Oh, Coach McCrory? Coach, a word?

Graham McCrory: Sure.

McQuigg: Second game, second win, what are your thoughts?

McCrory: We won.

McQuigg: Uh, yes, that's what I just said. But what are your thoughts about the win?

McCrory: What else is there to say?

McQuigg: Ehm, ok, you brought on Jesse Liljestrand for Graydon Sheffield and with one goal and one assist he was the player of the match. Are you happy with his performance?

McCrory: Yep.

McQuigg is taking a deep breath.

McQuigg: Alright then, how are you going to approach the next game against Græntfjall, who many view as you strongest competitor in the group?

McCrory: Same way we did for this one. Score one more goal than them.

McQuigg gives an exasperated sigh.

McQuigg: Thank you, Coach, for your insightful answers.

McCrory gives a short nod and walks off, right through the picture.

McQuigg: Ok then. I guess that was it, so back let's go up into the commentator box for more on the game. Duncan?

The picture cuts to Duncan Haldane and Martin Seagrave in the commentator booth while the Tikariot players in the background are walking into the fan corner and initiate the Tikariot Thunder Clap.

Duncan Haldane: Thanks Garrett and welcome to the club of interviewing the coach, easier to extract blood from a stone. Anyways, we got two wins in two games and we are looking good!

Martin Seagrave: We absolutely do! Now obviously we can't get overconfident, but this definitely gives me hope that we can get through the group stage at the very least. But let's give it over to Cavan Sinclair for a quick recap of the game!

Cavan Sinclair: Thank you Martin. As expected the only change compared to the game against the Free Republic of Hong Kong was Jesse Liljestrand coming on for Graydon Sheffield and to be honest, other than that there was not really any reason to switch anything around. For Wymondham there were no surprises in their line-up either, with Boris the Bear in goal, a defensive line of Michael Lewis, Tim Hold, Danny Dyatlov and James Aaron, then Todd McPherson, Isiah Robinson, Hugo Dowell and Jeremy Robert in midfield and finally Phil Oldman and Geoff Andrews upfront. Also as expected Wymondham opted for a strong defensive approach and then trying to quickly bridge the midfield to get the ball forwards and either use Andrews' speed or Oldman's power.

The match started out fairly even, with Tikariot feeling out the Wymondhamian defense with different types of attacks. Eventually they came to the conclusion that their best bet would be to have Nighthorse and Connolly switch up their sides, using Nighthorse's speed to get past Lewis' attempts at stopping him and get behind the defense for Connolly or Liljestrand to capitalize on it. The success rate was not exactly high, though, as it took them a fair amount of time to figure things out, but the few shots they did manage to get on goal were no problem for Boris in goal. Part one of the plan had begun to work, though, with finding a way through defense, part two was to get past Boris in the process and this part was given a quite sizeable dent when Nighthorse miscalculated a ball and did not pay as much attention as required to Michael Lewis and he was absolutely flattened in a fair challenge, requiring him to be substituted just before half time, giving Iain Aspinall his first cap for Tikariot.

In the second half the scoring chances for Tikariot became a little more frequent and also closer to the goal, but with that they also opened themselves up for some counter attacks, which thankfully were quenched before things became too problematic. In the end it took 64 minutes until all of the efforts finally came to fruition. A strong challenge by Rory McNair dispossessed Hugo Dowell in the Tikariot half he quickly passed it on to Jenson McTierney who somehow managed to anticipate Aspinall crossing behind Lewis and served him an almost picture perfect pass right to the foot that the Ysgrann Bay Eagle lofted right towards the penalty spot. Jesse Liljestrand managed to outjump both Hold and Dyatlov, laying the ball off to Connolly on the left side and he just rifled the ball right under the crossbar, not giving Boris any time to react.

This forced Wymondham to open up a bit and play for a draw at the very least, which revealed their weaknesses in the transition play, which Tikariot time and again managed to intercept and ten minutes after taking the lead, a Connolly shot ricocheted off the post and strayed into the box. There was some confusion as to where the ball actually was, but Jesse Liljestrand really became the man of the match in this moment as he used his full bulk to shoulder aside Danny Dyatlov and fire off a strong shot that hit the goal post and then trickled over the line behind a helpless Boris. A few minutes of heated exchanges ensued as Wymondham protested that the challenge by Liljestrand was a foul and three yellow cards later the referees confirmed that the goal would stand. After this the flow of the game was disrupted, with challenges carrying more of an edge, which led to Ekstrom taking off both Rory McNair and Randy Kovalchuk as they were getting closer to receiving their marching orders from the referee, and David Hardcastle and Peter Buckley came on, in the end just helping to avoid conceding and preserving some strength for tomorrow's game against Græntfjall. Back to you, Martin.

Seagrave: Thanks Cavan. So what do we take away from this game? For one that Liljestrand definitely took his chance upfront and also that the team possesses the patience to try to find the cracks in the opposing defense instead of just wildly running at it and in the end becoming frustrated.

Haldane: Yes, this is definitely Stuart Ekstrom's influence here, to teach the players how to read the game and feel out what is possible. Also having Connolly and Nighthorse continuously switch sides was a great way to unsettle the Wymondham defense and after that Aspinall did a great job with that as well.

Seagrave: Speaking of Morris Nighthorse, team sources have let us know that taking him off after the challenge by Michael Lewis was a precautionary step and that he did not suffer any serious injuries, he is currently evaluated for a potential concussion, so it is unclear, if he will be able to take the field tomorrow. And on the topic of tomorrow, Græntfjall is being seen as maybe our biggest competition in the battle for the top spot and uur very own Alistair McIntosh was at the Stade de l'Amitié tonight, so how did they do?

Alistair McIntosh: Well, Græntfjall squared off against Kencana and they did a very thorough job, winning 4-1, putting them only one goal behind Tikariot in the standings, firmly underlining that they indeed are a force to be reckoned with. Things went off to a sluggish start, Kencana with the quicker combination play at first, but Græntfjall was also too slow in its transition game not taking advantage of the spaces Kencana left them and the first goal came virtually out of nowhere, when Hlégestur Snæþórsson lofted in a cross and his Steinaux team mate Hrærekur Jvarsson managed to rise above the collective opposition, heading the ball against the Chik's movement for an at this time surprise lead. The second goal has to be mostly credited to Andrin Franklínsson, who went for a great run through the Kencanan midfield, then brought in the ball, the pundits are not exactly sure if it was supposed to be a cross or just was a shot gone awry, but whichever way you look at it, it was again Hrærekur that managed to just get a toe on the ball, which was enough to get it across the line to double the lead. Just before half time, though, Kencana with a cross by Moktar, Alexander Leonardsson came out, but instead of grabbing the ball went for the punch and almost missed, dropping the ball to Omar, who then did not have a problem with getting the ball across the line.

Second half and Græntfjall with more pressure now. Andrin was mowed down in the penalty box and Dan Antoninsson stepped up and made it 3-1 not long into the second half and from his point on it was pretty much all Græntfjall. Hlégestur with a nice cross into the Kencana box, Dan was blocked, but the ball fell to Love Nilsson and he scrambled it in for the 4-1 final. Græntfjall looked very good here and this is definitely going to be a very tough nut to crack. Back to you Martin.

Seagrave: Thanks Alistair. So looking at today's games, I don't think that we need to make any changes, unless Nighthorse is not cleared to play, but then either Iain Aspinall or Atlas Baxter can definitely step in. This took a little bit longer than planned, so we're out of time, but make sure to tune in again tomorrow for the game, which might decide the top of the group. Thanks for watching and have a good night!
Tikariot - Rushmore - Trigramme: TKT
Sporting achievements:
Football: Ro16 (and group winner) WC87 | Winner - IFC 1 | Quarter final - BoF 73 | 3rd in group WCQ86
Baseball: Winner - International Baseball Slam XI | Round of 16 - World Baseball Classic 49/50/51
Hosting: IBS XII, Copa Rushmori 36, WBC 51, World Cup 89
NS Sports Miniflags

Savigliane
Spokesperson

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Savigliane » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:39 pm

III. Michael Durand

24 October, 2017
The residence of Gabriel Lefebvre
Riziéres, Savigliane

It had been a while since Michael Durand had been to his hometown. Riziéres may have been a hotbed of footballing talent in the late aughts, but aside from that it was one of the dullest cities in its half of Savigliane, lacking the old-school charm of L’Escarene, the modern bustle of Villeneuve, and the cultural scene of Trinité. The inside joke was that the reason the city produced so many great football players - Durand, Lefebvre, and Belanger the standouts on the national level - was that all of them needed a way to get out of Riziéres as soon as possible.

But Durand was on a mission - Gabriel Lefebvre, the enigmatic striker-turned-midfield maestro, had gone completely AWOL, and Durand, as a former club teammate and the closest teammate Lefebvre had on the national team, had been asked to pay him a visit. So he’d taken the train from Trinité to Riziéres, and was now knocking at Lefebvre’s apparently unlocked apartment door.

“It’s Michael!” he said. Hearing no response, he cautiously opened the door.

Gabriel Lefebvre lay on the floor, surrounded by empty takeout containers and bottles of absinthe, of all things. A few half-open suitcases were scattered about the living room, their contents haphazardly strewn across the hardwood floor. Michael knocked a few loose socks and pieces of trash off of the leather couch, sat himself down on the couch, and began to poke at his teammate’s prone body with his shoe. “I know you’re not asleep, bro. Come on,” he added.

Gabriel rolled over and opened his eyes. “Chambéry sent you to tell me off, yeah?”

“Well, no, he sent me because he’s trying to work out his Baptism of Fire roster, and you’d be starting if you can get your shit together.”

“I don’t even get what the point of the Baptism of Fire is. We were going to the World Cup, and now they want us to play the newbie tournament? We could send our U18s and probably win the thing.”

“I don’t know about that, Gabriel. We don’t know what the level of play is here. And with our government circling the drain, Canaveri’s asked the FSF to not take chances with the roster selection.”

“Yeah, like sending a washed-up drunk to start as the #10? Forget it, Michael. I’m done.”

“I don’t-”

“I said I’M DONE!” Gabriel shouted, grabbing one of the bottles and almost throwing it through the nearest window. “You don’t get it, Michael. Even after whatever happened that night happened, you still have a girlfriend in Trinité and a contract offer from Villeneuve. You got out of Riziéres, but you were only out of Savigliane for, what a year?”

“I haven’t been back in the country this long since I was nineteen years old. I fucking hated Riziéres, and I got out as soon as someone made FCR a high enough offer. My whole family, all my friends, are in Caledonia. My bank account, too. Everything I’ve done with my life is in another dimension that I’m never going back to. It’s like I never existed here.”

Michael sighed, picking up one of the bottles of absinthe. “Oh, I wouldn’t do that, I used some of these as piss bottles,” Gabriel interjected, to which he gingerly set the bottle down. “Look. I can’t tell you what to do with your life. What I can tell you is that if you come to Valladares with us, you’ll be a national hero. Savigliane really needs a win right now.” He began to walk away, then turned back. “Also, at your current rate of spending, you’d probably be homeless in a few weeks unless you start playing football again, so...you know.”

“I’ll think about it,” came the muffled reply. Michael nodded and came to the door.

“Don’t lock the door,” Gabriel shouted behind him. “I’ve been telling my delivery guys to just come in and pour the food into my mouth.”

“Get your shit together and cook,” he shouted back, and locked the door shut behind him.

BoF MD1: Savigliane 2 - 0 Pluvia & The Saxean Isles
Lineup: Notari 8; Garcia 6 (LeClerc 73), Giraudo 9, Moreau 7; Marchetti 7, Vatrican 6, Dirac 4, Vitale 6 (Dutto HT); Lefebvre 7; Coste 6, Grimaldi 7 (Squarciafichi 65)
Goals: Lefebvre 35, Squarciafichi 72

BoF MD2: Savigliane 1 - 1 Pripet Socialist Republic
Lineup: Notari 6; Garcia 8, Giraudo 7, Moreau 5 (s/o 60); Marchetti 9, Vatrican 7, Dirac 5 (Petit HT), Vitale 7 (Dutto 62); Lefebvre 8; Coste 8, Grimaldi 6 (Beccaria 62)
Goals: Coste 13, PSR 65

Lineup to face Praeceptia: Notari (C); Garcia, Giraudo, Beccaria; Marchetti, Vatrican, Petit, Dutto; Lefebvre; Coste, Grimaldi
Last edited by Savigliane on Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Savigliane • La Repubblica Savigliana • done wandering
Leader: Prime Minister-in-Exile Bianca Fiore • Capitals: Acqui Bollente, Villenueve • Population: ~8,000,000
WC87 Video • WC88 Video • WCQ93 Video
The Story of Anaian Savigliane (RP Archive)
Property of Yue Zhou

Glazgo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 20, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Glazgo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:30 pm

When Marcus Kilmarnock handed his letter of resignation to his boss in the spring of 2010, he would never have even imagined what events would follow.

Tired of being hassled by his mother, the day he saw that Dalmarnock Rovers were looking for a few extra players to join the group of players they already had for the upcoming Premier Division, he thought he would seize his chance. "Join the army like your father," she always used to whitter on. "He's much more of a man than you are and he's twice your age, for God's sake!"

The irony of it all was that his father barely spoke. Just looking on sadly from above his newspaper, the Dalmarnock Express, or the Glazgo Guardian, or whatever he selected to read that day, seldom actually reading the damn thing. It was just a distraction for poor old Gevorg Kilmarnock to stop listening to his wife Linda, who did nothing but moan and groan over the most trivial things. Gevorg was in the Glazgotian Army, yes, obtaining the rank of sergeant major before being honourably discharged, but his wife seemed more of the platoon commander in person. Gevorg was a quiet, reserved man, and those traits were passed onto Marcus, who settled for a nice 9-5 job in the local accountants ever since the day he left school. Just over twelve years in fact, and old Mr. Lazutkin was resigned to letting him leave.

"Staff cuts were inbound anyway." he grumbled. "We would have had to let someone go Marcus, so thank you I suppose."

Marcus wasn't listening though. He signed up for the Dalmarnock trials, and was essentially signed the second they finished. Even his best friend from school, Sergey Hanstad, who worked at the greengrocers across the street got in, too. Anders Skaug from two years above them who worked on the oil rig. Sergei Sorensen who had just finished college. Even Maciej Lunde, who hadn't even been registered with an amateur team before the leagues turned professional. It was an interesting mix of players, and Marcus thought they had done well to avoid the drop. Sergey and Sergei had both performed really well and were invited to the first trials until Glenn Tamnavulin decided he didn't want any under-19 players in the squad and young Sergei would hope to wait for an U21s callup. Sergey and two of his defensive colleagues, Pol Moss and Jon Inverclyde were there, but only Marcus was to be selected for the final cut. Pol and Jon's partnership was a sturdy one, if at times a little shaky, but the confidence in Marcus that grew over the weeks was the real talking point for Dalmarnock fans.

"Listen son," said the manager, Graham Andersson. "You've got a lot of potential, you just need to be a little more...loud. Command the defence, take control. And who knows, you might even make the national team."

Marcus doubted him at first, but as his confidence grew he became one of the best goalkeepers in the league, despite Dalmarnock performing below average as the season panned out. Although third choice, he got that spot ahead of Drumchapel United's Eirikur Romanovsky and Firhill AFC's David Iversen to name a few. Plenty of solid goalkeepers, and it'd be a hard task to get some game time ahead of Ivan Gunn or Einar McKendrie. Marcus was resigned to just sitting on the bench and enjoying the experience, but after Glenn Tamnavulin picked young Einar for the Woryand game, he had some hope. And shortly after the final whistle of the 3-1 victory, thanks to Eirikur Cederland and a double from Gunnstein Bannantyne, Glenn pulled him aside and told him the gloves were his for their next game.

Marcus thought back to his mother's word. Half the man? Ha. As much as he loved his father, deep down he chastised him for never standing up to his mother. Accountancy was a bore, it paid the bills for his retired parents and it allowed him to go out once in a while. He wasn't a particularly social person, but he needed something to pass the time. Playing five-a-side on a Tuesday night with Sergey, Anders and Sergei or going out to the park over in Newbank, anything to escape the boredom of living with his parents. In fact, a week before the season started he took the plunge and bought a cheap flat on the over side of town, close to the training ground. It wasn't flash, or fancy, hardly the expectations for a now professional football player, but it felt more homely than living with his parents, that was for sure.

His mum was livid when he found out he resigned from Lazutkin Accountants, and even more so when he admitted he was taking up a career in professional football. "Football?" she screamed. "Did your father choose football over a more sustainable job?"

Marcus was glad he didn't listen to the old bat. And as the callup came, he felt proud of himself for once. Even more when he visited them for dinner one night and his father looked over his copy of the day's National Post and said "I'm proud of you son."

Flash forward to the present, and Glazgo had won two from two. The schedule that Andrej Kalashnikov had bought to the team hotel seemed to be wrong, and despite his insistence of being able to speak the Chromatik langauge, despite only being an Urheddiao player for a handful of weeks, it seemed to be the wrong schedule. The players had anticipated Unimon but got Woryand, and Marcus realised he would be between the sticks for the Unimon game. Einar McKendrie had fared well against Woryand, and it was a bright performance from the player tipped to be the new number one whenver Ivan Gunn chose to retire, but Marcus had faith that he could make a good claim for the number one spot then.

And as he pulled on his gloves and stepped out into the tunnel of the Depri Lanar, he felt more than ready.

Starting XI vs Unimon (3-4-3): Kilmarnock; Karlstrom, Clackmannan, Allister; Dunayev, Bank, Charters, Ekomov; Haavikko, Bannantyne, Kalashnikov
The Republic of Glazgo
Capital: Drumchapel - Demonym: Glazgotian - Trigramme: GLZ
GLAsports.net
Puppet of Sem

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014

Postby Pemecutan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:36 pm

Sunday, 16 August, 2020 (Redite Wage Wuku Wariga, Pawukon 1780)

A New Hope

Depri Sanar, Chromatika - The second match day of 73rd Baptism of Fire seen Pemecutan facing Fluvannia. The tight match ended with a thin win for Pemecutan. The one and only goal in the match which makes Pemecutan grab their first 3 points in the competition was made by Surya Dwipayana.

Playing in Pescam Campuhan, Surya Dwipayana is two times top scorer of Pemecutan now defunct Eka League. The league is replace by Kasa League which begin it's first edition this season. Pescam Campuhan is one of the club that located in the capital of Pemecutan. The other one is Pesepur Pemecutan Puri which playing in the second division of Pemecutan domestic league. Surya have been joined Pescam Campuhan from 2017, playing his first international competition in 3rd Melayu Archipelago Cup where Pemecutan finished as fourth place after being defeated by Ziwana. He also help his club to took the 1778 Eka League trophy. He won his first Golden Boot Award in the season. In 1779 season, Pescam Campuhan finished second after Pesub Ubung. But Surya manage to collect the highest goal in the entire season making him took his second Golden Boot Award.

The 1780 season have a major change in Pemecutan domestic league after GFA and KAF agreed to merge their regional league. The new league system is then managed by PFA as the highest football association in the country. In the new system, there are 4 main leagues. The top 2 professional leagues and the bottom 2 semipro leagues. There are 76 clubs in the system in which only 14 of them are from KAF. Amateur leagues are still being held by both regional associations. The Big Five, a nickname for top 5 clubs in Pemecutan, are being a favorite to win the inaugural edition of Kasa League. Although they still have to keep an eye for new clubs from Kanginan. Parsewi Mengwi and Parsenggu Canggu are likely to be able to compete with The Big Five. Pemecutan Big Five is consists of Pesub Ubung, Pescam Campuhan, Pesetih Titih, Pesepad Padangsambian and Pesepedu Pedungan.

Today, Pemecutan will be facing Woryand at The Hive, Depri Sanar. Woryand currently placed 5th in Group D after being defeated by Glazgo in their second match. As usual, UBC will broadcast live for the match at noon. A rewind broadcast will be deliver in the evening.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Woryand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Woryand » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Woryand woes cause worry

The Portland Daily

The highs of the Woryandian team at the IAC have quickly turned to lows, following a 3-1 loss against Glazgo. This loss sinks them to fifth place in their group, five points off of guaranteed qualification and in a place that almost no one thought that they would be in before the BoF started.

Bannantyne opened up the scoring less than 5 minutes into the game, picking the ball easily off of Şmixit and curling it brilliantly into the top corner. He scored a second just a few minutes later, with virtually all of the strikers and attacking midfielders getting past the slow and lethargic Woryandian defense.

Despite being two goals down, the Woryandian defense managed to get its act together shortly after, stopping the embarrassment of the second goal from happening again. In fact, Woryand looked like the better team for the remainder of the half, but Kilmanrock played exceptionally, using his length to catch and deflect several strong shots.

The second half went fairly similarly, at least for the beginning part of it; Woryand were the dominant team once again, and even managed to score a goal, with Malyōr's shot being deflected at an inopportune angle (at least for Glazgo), giving Plançā an easy tap-in and renewing the hopes of the Woryandian fans.

However, things turned sour in the 67th minute:

"Glazgo have it, and are on a rare counterattack. Cederland is on the ball, but two of the Woryandian center backs are in the way. Cederland turns left, attempting to run around them...and that's a terrible slide tackle from Amin! The referee is reaching in his pocket...it's red! Amin has been sent off!"

Glazgo dutifully seized on the opportunity to turn their previously defensive ways into attack, encouraged to turn their one-goal lead into something greater. Additionally, the hole left by Amin caused Saul to be forced to play on the left, a position he was unfamiliar with; Glazgo exploited this ruthlessly, culminating in a pass by Cederland to Haavikko in the 84th minute, which Saul was unable to keep up with and allowed Haavikko to score a comically easy 1-on-1 with Grēnwā.

Scoreline:
Glazgo: Bannantyne 4', 7'; Haavikko 84'
Woryand: Plançā 41', Amin RC 67'

Next Match:
VS Pemecutan
The manager plans to heavily rotate the lineup, given that the current one seems utterly incapable of getting anything done.
Anticipated Starting Lineup: Grēnwā; Kōwa, Saul, Oragara, Kōraxi, Xōrēxē; Canīr, Loz, Dazeru, Plançā; Ēvōzi.
Last edited by Woryand on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Winter is slowly making its way out of Valladar lands, and as we draw closer to spring we get to see 18 Baptism of Fire teams warming us up with their flames of hope and some good football for another day! RP cutoff for Matchday 3 in Groups A-C.

Baptism of Fire 73
Matchday 3 - Valladar Section

Group A
Pripet Socialist Republic 1–0 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
Praeceptia 0–0 Savigliane
Lovisa 3–6 Iles Rogieres

Group A                                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Iles Rogieres 3 2 1 0 13 8 +5 7
2 Praeceptia 3 1 2 0 9 5 +4 5
3 Savigliane 3 1 2 0 3 1 +2 5
4 Pripet Socialist Republic 3 1 1 1 3 4 −1 4
5 Pluvia and the Saxean Isles 3 1 0 2 3 5 −2 3
6 Lovisa 3 0 0 3 6 14 −8 0

Group B
Tikariot 0–0 Graintfjall
Eurasies 0–1 Wymondham
Kencana 4–0 Free Republic of Hong Kong

Group B                                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Tikariot 3 2 1 0 8 2 +6 7
2 Graintfjall 3 2 1 0 6 1 +5 7
3 Eurasies 3 1 1 1 1 1 0 4
4 Kencana 3 1 0 2 5 5 0 3
5 Wymondham 3 1 0 2 1 4 −3 3
6 Free Republic of Hong Kong 3 0 1 2 2 10 −8 1

Group C
The holy junta 0–3 Southwest Eastnorth
Overseas Territories of Sylestone 1–0 Ihilthracna
Hwiccemark 0–1 Staypuftonia

Group C                                Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Southwest Eastnorth 3 2 1 0 10 3 +7 7
2 Overseas Territories of Sylestone 3 2 1 0 8 3 +5 7
3 The holy junta 3 2 0 1 4 4 0 6
4 Staypuftonia 3 1 1 1 4 5 −1 4
5 Ihilthracna 3 0 1 2 2 4 −2 1
6 Hwiccemark 3 0 0 3 2 11 −9 0

Team in orange is not yet eliminated, but only may at best finish as third-placed in its group.
Last edited by Valladares on Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports