NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) Repeal GA resolution #299 'Legal Competence'

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
NOFEAR
Secretary

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

(DRAFT) Repeal GA resolution #299 'Legal Competence'

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 am

Recognizing that this should NOT be a matter of choice for individual state, due to the incredible sensitive nature of the protection of the vulnerable,

Understanding that minimums should be put in for the protection of the disabled, the elderly, and children,

We hereby repeal Repeal GA resolution #299 'Legal Competence'

Marche Verte-Bleu
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Marche Verte-Bleu » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:11 am

OOC: Was this primarily made to bypass the legality issue on your Age of Consent draft?
Last edited by Marche Verte-Bleu on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Yes!

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:17 am

Marche Verte-Bleu wrote:OOC: Was this primarily made to bypass the legality issue on your Age of Consent draft?

YES! I know some people find that really sleazy, but it’s not intended to be, I am just trying to remove an obstacle on a subject that is open and should be open to public debate. The GA resolution stops us from having a adequate debate on age of consent. By removing the legal obstacles, we are allowing that debate to occur.
Last edited by NOFEAR on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marche Verte-Bleu
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Marche Verte-Bleu » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:25 am

NOFEAR wrote:
Marche Verte-Bleu wrote:OOC: Was this primarily made to bypass the legality issue on your Age of Consent draft?

YES! I know some people find that really sleazy, but it’s not intended to be, I am just trying to remove an obstacle on a subject that is open and should be open to public debate. The GA resolution stops us from having a adequate debate on age of consent. By removing the legal obstacles, we are allowing that debate to occur.

Seems sleazy to me. I support as to what has been mentioned in the other repeal thread by one of the GA Secretariats. It strongly feels to me that serious discussion has been overturned to repealing whatever stands in the way of the ambassador's agenda.

OOC: Maybe at least address the legality claims before suggesting the public debate to this is closed.
Last edited by Marche Verte-Bleu on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
François Gramaire, Verian Ambassador to the World Assembly

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 am

"Given the variety of cultures and, indeed, species within the General Assembly, the target resolution of this repeal is far and away the best compromise without undermining significant groups within these halls. A singular age of consent is overrestrictive and underinclusive, and we will oppose any such efforts to institute one."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:38 am

Marche Verte-Bleu wrote:
NOFEAR wrote:

Seems sleazy to me. I support as to what has been mentioned in the other repeal thread by one of the GA Secretariats. It strongly feels to me that serious discussion has been overturned to repealing whatever stands in the way of the ambassador's agenda.

OOC: Maybe at least address the legality claims before suggesting the public debate to this is closed.

To respond to both your points, my legislation is clearly illegal under current GA resolutions, therefore I am addressing the legality claims, the legislation is illegal and there is no denying that. It is illegal because it is contradicting two previous resolutions.

Serious discussion has certainly not been thrown out, as you can see from my age of consent thread, I am actively engaging with people‘s feedback, and have amended both the substance and grammar in my original resolution. My original age was set at 18, but after feedback was lowered to 16. I respond to all comments put on my thread, so serious discussion has been completely embraced.

But an adequate debate cannot occur on my original resolution as no matter how much support or how strong the resolution is, it would be unlawful unless these two are removed

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:46 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Given the variety of cultures and, indeed, species within the General Assembly, the target resolution of this repeal is far and away the best compromise without undermining significant groups within these halls. A singular age of consent is overrestrictive and underinclusive, and we will oppose any such efforts to institute one."

The idea that a 25-year-old could be prevented from having sex is crazy. The idea that a 10-year-old could be having sex is crazy. Those are both things which we as GA members can find objectively repulsive let’s set a standard that will enforce a common morality, but which can obviously have exemptions, such as exempting species other than humans from this law.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:48 am

NOFEAR wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"Given the variety of cultures and, indeed, species within the General Assembly, the target resolution of this repeal is far and away the best compromise without undermining significant groups within these halls. A singular age of consent is overrestrictive and underinclusive, and we will oppose any such efforts to institute one."

The idea that a 25-year-old could be prevented from having sex is crazy. The idea that a 10-year-old could be having sex is crazy. Those are both things which we as GA members can find objectively repulsive let’s set a standard that will enforce a common morality, but which can obviously have exemptions, such as exempting species other than humans from this law.

"If your concern is predicated on mere moral outrage, then you have not articulated a basis on which we should support your proposal. Moral outrage is the most flimsy of grounds you could find."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:59 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
NOFEAR wrote:

"If your concern is predicated on mere moral outrage, then you have not articulated a basis on which we should support your proposal. Moral outrage is the most flimsy of grounds you could find."

No, my resolution has more than moral outrage behind it. This resolution has the protection of children in mind, as children of a very young age are unable to make informed and positive choices, and therefore harm themselves and others. My resolution is above biological development, of a mental development, and about the capacity of children to make positive sexual choices, children at a very young age are unable, this is intended to protect children

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:59 am

NOFEAR wrote:

YES!

Against, on that basis alone.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:00 am

NOFEAR wrote:

This resolution recognizes the children are much less biologically developed, and therefore children over young age are unable to make this decision,

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:01 am

The New California Republic wrote:
NOFEAR wrote:
YES!

Against, on that basis alone.

Unfortunately, I was not gonna win either way on this draft, either I deny that this was related to the bypass of the age of consent, and you guys would be calling me a liar, or admit the truth and you vote against it anyway.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:02 am

NOFEAR wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Against, on that basis alone.

Unfortunately, I was not gonna win either way on this draft, either I deny that this was related to the bypass of the age of consent, and you guys would be calling me a liar, or admit the truth and you vote against it anyway.

So...if that's the case, why continue with this draft if you know it is doomed to fail? :eyebrow:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 am

NOFEAR wrote:

So...if that's the case, why continue with this draft if you know it is doomed to fail? :eyebrow:

Because I have the support of the silent majority

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:25 am

NOFEAR wrote:

No, my resolution has more than moral outrage behind it. This resolution has the protection of children in mind, as children of a very young age are unable to make informed and positive choices, and therefore harm themselves and others. My resolution is above biological development, of a mental development, and about the capacity of children to make positive sexual choices, children at a very young age are unable, this is intended to protect children

"That's moral outrage. You have not offered empirical or reasoned evidence for why this is harmful to societies, or why there is a benefit to standardization. You simply claim that it is bad because it is wrong. This is pure ipse dixit."
NOFEAR wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So...if that's the case, why continue with this draft if you know it is doomed to fail? :eyebrow:

"In my ten years here, ambassador, I have never seen anybody make that claim and prevail."

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 am

NOFEAR wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So...if that's the case, why continue with this draft if you know it is doomed to fail? :eyebrow:

OOC: You have no evidence whatsoever for this.

IC: "You have no evidence whatsoever for this.

We oppose. The target is perfectly cromulent legislation. And the repeals "argument" is incredibly weak. Is there any particular reason why "THIS should not BE a matter of CHOICE for individual state (sic)"?

Incidentally, minimums of what?"
Last edited by Bananaistan on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:32 am

NOFEAR wrote:

Lol. No.

Wave on, wave on

NOFEAR
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NOFEAR » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:59 am

NOFEAR wrote:

Lol. No.

I have not received any constructive comments in a long time on these threads, I am therefore submitting both of my repeals. Unless you guys up here to give me constructive criticism this will be going before the GA.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:02 pm

NOFEAR wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Lol. No.

I have not received any constructive comments in a long time on these threads, I am therefore submitting both of my repeals. Unless you guys up here to give me constructive criticism this will be going before the GA.

"You have. You didn't like it. This is unlikely to reach quorum."

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:09 pm

NOFEAR wrote:I have not received any constructive comments in a long time on these threads, I am therefore submitting both of my repeals. Unless you guys up here to give me constructive criticism this will be going before the GA.

Seriously? You need to look again, as there has been plenty...

Wave on, wave on

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:21 pm

NOFEAR wrote:

OOC: Twelve hours (from the first post in your age of consent proposal) isn't even remotely "a long time." Proposals that become resolutions tend to be drafted for weeks, at least. There are some exceptions, but they were all produced by veteran players.

If you insist on moving forward with this aggressive legislative agenda, it would be a good idea for you to take a step back for a bit. There are, I'm sure, a few people who a) understand how resolutions generally work, and b) are enough on board with your centralizing urge that they will give you the kind of nuts-and-bolts advice that you have wrongly decided is the only "constructive" criticism that could possibly exist.

I imagine, though, that they too will tell you this is highly unlikely to work out.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:23 pm

NOFEAR wrote:

(OOC: The issue is that the WA is composed of multiple species. Banning intelligent mayflies from having sex below the age of sixteen would ban them from ever having sex, because no mayflies ever reach the age of sixteen. Likewise, a species of elves might live for hundreds of years and still be as developed as children.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:13 pm

And he submitted it, this...thing...that only exists to get rid of a legality issue with one of the author's other proposals.

:roll:

Wave on, wave on

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:38 pm

The New California Republic wrote:And he submitted it, this...thing...that only exists to get rid of a legality issue with one of the author's other proposals.

:roll:

Summer has come early it seems. 8)
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Seedless Watermelon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Seedless Watermelon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:11 pm

The Seedless Watermelon rolls around on the floor a bit, in obvious distaste. All of a sudden, an incredibly deep, soothing voice radiates from the fruit.

"The repeal of any World Assembly legislation should only be done with great consideration, something not done by this proposal. Personally, the collective of the Seedless Watermelon finds your disdain for the established hierarchy of the World Assembly to be rather disturbing. You obviously would rather wreak havoc among the pre-existing order here in order to further your own misplaced agenda, and that is utterly despicable in our opinion."

Several more Seedless Watermelons roll into the door, seeking to reinforce the ambassadorial Watermelon.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly