NATION

PASSWORD

Gholgoth Regional News Association

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Pax Gothica
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 01, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Gholgoth Regional News Association

Postby Pax Gothica » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 am

"Live from Broadcasting Tower in Pax Gothica, this is the Gholgoth Regional News Association, with a summary of all the region's news this evening..."

The Gholgoth Regional News Association is an easily accessible news feed and archive of all the important news coming from or concerning the nations of Gholgoth. Based in the newly formed regional capital of Pax Gothica where all the major business of the newly reformed Gothic Regional Alliance is to be conducted, the GRNA has been tasked with catching every second of the action and making it universally available to all, so that nobody is caught out of the loop. The GRNA has recently relocated from ULE City in Automagfreek, where some older archives still remain, which can be accessed here.

News stories shall be arranged by nation of origin (in alphabetical order) as soon as they come in on this page. While the GRNA is primarily focused on collating the news of Gothic nations, if you are from outside the region but believe your news story to be relevant to Gholgoth, you can submit your story for review to our offices here by sending a telegram to Pax Gothica. We will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.

News Stories
(OOC: Last Updated: 20/02/19 @ 00:28am GMT)

The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia

The Federation of Mount Shavano

The Stratocracy of Remus (Auman)
Last edited by Pax Gothica on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

BREAKING NEWS: Emperor Nathan of Ghant elected Executor

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:14 am

BREAKING NEWS: Emperor Nathan of Ghant elected Executor of the Gothic Regional Alliance
By Josie Whitehall (@josiewhitehall)
Emperor Nathan of the Empire of Ghant (Artist's portrait)

Citadel City, Havensky - It has just been announced that Emperor Nathan of the Empire of Ghant has been elected as the new Executor of the Gothic Regional Alliance, in the Alliance's first act since adopting reforms aiming to help bring much needed stability to the region. During the vote count, it was announced by Skyan Secretary of State Lance Atticus that the Emperor had received seven votes from the Lords in attendance. His closest contender, Praetor Augustus Drake of the Grand Dominion of the Drakonian Imperium received four votes, while Emperor Fenric of the Empire of The Scandinvans and Emperor Lerian XII of the Enrialist Imperium of The Naacal received one vote respectively. We're told by a spokesperson from the Imperium Antiquum's delegation that when the vote was confirmed, there was jubilant celebration amongst the Lords in attendance along with plenty of congratulations given to the Emperor of Ghant, first and foremost by the Caesar herself who toasted him and Gholgoth.

Under the new reforms, Emperor Nathan's role as Executor - which will last up to one year, or when a majority of the Lords deem it no longer necessary - is primarily to act as a neutral mediator in the current crisis, which sees the Scandinvans beset on all sides as the region condemns their attack on Citadel City, and calls for their immediate withdrawal from the islands of Shen Almaru, still considered by many to be the rightful territories of the Pantokratic Dominate of Emperor Pudu, who claim that the Scandinvan's presence is an illegal occupation and a violation of the Alliance. Furthermore, The Golden Throne of Greater Dienstad - an ally of both Havensky and Ghant - has dispatched a large naval force to the region in response to what it sees as Scandinvan aggression in Greater Dienstad, which means the Gothic Lords are likely deliberating what their response - if anything - should be. Emperor Feodor of the Golden Throne is known to be present in Citadel City with the Ironwings, and is expected to meet with the Lords in the next session of the Council tomorrow morning.

The Executor also acts as the head of the newly formed Praetor Programme, also adopted by the reforms. Few details have been released so far, but from the briefing given by the Department for Imperial and Foreign Affairs prior to this summit, we know that these 'Praetors' act as agents of the Council and are meant to help implement the Council's will on the ground. They will be supported from a variety of locations across the region, but these details have been classified in the interests of security. We're likely to learn more at the upcoming swearing-in ceremony and the press briefing following that, at which we'll hear more about the Ghantish Emperor's hopes and goals going forward. A feast has been arranged to celebrate the occasion, and we can expect to hear from the Caesar and the other Gothic Lords throughout the night.

The adopted reforms also mandate the creation of a new 'Gothic capital' to act as the centre of the Council's future meetings and the Alliance's coordination. This new capital - given the name Pax Gothica by Skyan architects - has apparently been in the planning stages for months and construction is expected to begin almost as soon as the Summit is concluded. It's likely that it will be constructed just as Citadel City was when the Skyan's were first brought into the Alliance ten years ago. The Department for Foreign and Imperial Affairs has confirmed that the Imperium Antiquum will be committing resources towards its construction.

The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Mount Shavano
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:38 pm

Clear Sky News Network

BREAKING NEWS: Major Reshuffle of Federation Government; Cloud Resigns Presidency

San Angelo

SAN ANGELO, Mount Shavano - The closed session of the President, the Cabinet, and the entire Laurasian Senate, called in response to the recent reforms by the Gothic Council, has ended. While the closed session was expected to deal with the selection of the new Gothic Praetor, the government has elected to handle a number of issues related to the recent Gothic ascension.

The President was invited to join the Council of Gothic Lords following the Ralkovian War of 2011, when a member of the Ralkovian royal house, Onya Mondale was arrested by the Federation Navy during the seizure of a slaver ship on which she was a passenger. The war ended inconclusively following a coup attempt in Ralkovia. The incident did, however, bring Mount Shavano to the attention of the other powers of Gholgoth.

There has been much debate in Mount Shavano as to how her democratic society should handle one of her members holding a hereditary and authoritarian office of such great power, and we now have our answer as to how the government intends to handle that question. On the steps of the Senate Dome in Four Corners Park, against a stormy sky, President Cloud gave a speech to the gathered crowd in which he announced his resignation and a series of other major changes to the holders of the Federation’s highest offices. Here is the transcript:

“Good afternoon,

As you all know, for the last seven years our nation has grappled with the question of how to fit the role of Gothic Lord into our political framework. The Senate, in the name of the people they represent, in consultation with myself and the other parties concerned, has arrived at a solution intended to allow our country to maintain the office of the Gothic Lordship without compromising our freedom at home.

As the first part of that solution, I resign the office of President of the Federation of Mount Shavano, effective as soon as the Senate formally passes the bill containing the rest of these measures. It has been my very great honor to serve you in this role, and I hope to serve even better in my new one in the future. Vice President Dawson will assume the Presidency, and I want to assure you all once again of her competence and excellent moral character.

For myself, I will be retained in the office of Gothic Lord. I will also be appointed as Federation Proconsul with a mandate from the Senate to represent our people and our interests on the Gothic Council, and a term to last unless and until revoked by the Senate. I will be stationed in Pax Gothica on a permanent basis.

For the future of the Gothic Lordship, the Senate will designate a successor for that title and the Proconsulship, who I will then legally adopt, ensuring we meet Gothic hereditary succession laws. We have selected Galahad Barstow as that successor. Should either of us die or become otherwise unable to serve in some other way, a new successor will be selected by the Senate.

We have also selected a candidate for Gothic Praetor from the Federation. Since it is clear that the office of Praetor can be resigned, the Praetor will be required to do so at two year intervals. The Senate shall select a new Praetor at that time, and the outgoing Federation Praetor can still be a candidate for that office. We are not announcing the Praetor at this time, in accordance with the council’s request that they be revealed at the meeting of the Gothic Council.

Once my resignation is accepted, President Dawson will nominate Senator Woodring to succeed her to the Vice Presidency.

I must leave for the White Citadel immediately to make it for the announcement of Praetors, so I cannot take questions at this time but the cabinet and the Senate will remain available to do so.

Thank you all, and may God bless Mount Shavano.”

President Cloud’s resignation comes with less than two years remaining in his final term in office, and some on the White side have already questioned whether the timing is designed to give Mrs Dawson some time to build an incumbency advantage before the 2020 elections. However, with the Gothic summit ongoing, no one can question that the timing seems appropriate, nor can anyone question the qualifications of Mrs Dawson or of the candidates appointed to the other offices.

Like Mr Cloud, Mrs Dawson has a military background, having served with distinction as an intelligence officer in several conflicts. After retirement, she was elected to the Senate in 1996, and was attached as Proconsul to the successful Third of August expedition. Tragically, her husband Phillip was killed in an air accident in 2007. She has been Vice President for the entire Cloud administration, and was widely expected to receive the Blue Party nomination in 2020.

Galahad Barstow served as President of the Federation from 1990 to 1996. While he was not re-elected, he remains hale and is well respected as an elder statesman. His selection as Lordspawn can only be interpreted to be as a safe backup should something happen to Proconsul Cloud, since he is twenty-five years Mr Cloud's senior. He may also represent a compromise choice in some fashion, since he is a member of the White Party.

Davar Woodring is the Senior Senator from North Laurasia. Like Barstow, he is an experienced and respected statesman, representing a safe choice. He does have a reputation as a man of action, and in recent years has pushed for greater Federation participation in international forums and organizations.

The changes will not take effect until there is a formal vote of the Senate, since freedom of information laws prevent a bill of this nature from passing in closed session. However, it appears to command broad support and there is little chance it will fail.
The Federation of Mount Shavano
Consul Morgan Dawson
Capital : San Angelo
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:13 pm

In Defense!

Crystal Spire breaks ground and expectation.

Lester C. Montgomery, February 19, 2024.

I had the opportunity to be present at the ground breaking ceremony for the Crystal Spire, a project of unfathomable scale and scope that would have been considered impossible only a few short years ago. What is it? Well, if you can answer that, I would certainly like to know that myself, but the best I could manage to get out of the developers was slick marketing, slogans and a whole lot of fluff. The Spire will be a very, very, large mixed use building blending residential, commercial, manufacturing and even agriculture spaces... So, my first impulse is to call it an arcology, which would be exciting. However, when I mentioned it, I was quickly disabused. They, and by they I mean McDonald, Dettweiler and Associates, were keen to point out that the spire is not meant to be a completely self sustaining structure. This baffles me, because they have all the pieces there and the only thing standing in their way is, from what I can gather, liability. Afterall, if they went around bragging about it, and it failed the sustainability test, they'd look foolish. Remus has never had an arcology, our nation has been bereft of anything even resembling a prestige project, as befitting our way of life... We don't do exceptional, we do practical, which is one of the reasons why the Crystal Spire has captured the imaginations of so many, even reporters for the defense industry, like me.

And why not? When the average Reman thinks about architecture, it's never about Remus. It's always the underground drum cities out East. Or that disgusting arcological slum that managed to cram as many billions of people into an equal number of square kilometers. While these things are impressive and have a certain amount of sex appeal, they've rarely been a factor of Reman want or need. What we want, traditionally, is a front yard. What we need is the space to get it. The end result has been massive sprawls of land encrusted with low rise condominiums, townhouses and single family homes that stretch as far as the eye can see... And while comfortable neighborhoods are the dream of every bright eyed Reman with red blood coursing through their veins, it's also extremely inefficient and driving the explosion in real estate values.

Enter the Crystal Spire, a structure that sure as hell looks like an arcology, though the developers refuse to call it one, and despite cultural attitudes, it has managed to be a commercial success. Every single unit has been sold. All commercial space rented. The farms are already cultivating the food that, by all rights, should be more than adequate to feed the masses that will soon call it home.

That's all nice and good, but this isn't Home and Garden magazine. This is In Defense! The finest periodical for security related topics in the Aumanii Sphere since 1958. We talk about war and warfare accessories. So what makes the Crystal Spire development, all five, glorious, vertical kilometers of it relevant to us? The ten additional kilometers of foundations and sub-basement. The thousands of air defense weapons that are tastefully obscured up and down the length of this building are nothing compared to the mystery hidden in its basement, which go far beyond federal regulations to provide adequate room for emergency shelters in every new structure. The military, so it turns out, is a major backer of this project and this goes a long way towards explaining a number of other details... Like why this thing is pre-built to accept the addition of a space elevator or why it is being built, quite literally, in the middle of nowhere.

This Crystal Spire is not just a nouveau branded real estate opportunity for upwardly mobile young urban professionals, but also the resurrection of our Aumanii history. The Spire is a contemporary Foundational Tower... And a rival to Zhamssassar Fortress. A way for the people of Remus, and our military government, to drive home a point to anyone preaching reunification that we can stand on our own two feet. That we are strong and we are capable of great acts...

Though no one is openly saying this. Except me and a few other people that are probably reading too much into it. But, if you are willing to take an honest look, it's pretty obvious. The Sphere is expanding, Remus doesn't want to be a subsidiary state and the Crystal Spire is our declaration of intent to remain a power unto ourselves.
Last edited by Auman on Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

The Ascension of Atticus

Postby Havensky » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:07 pm

In the few weeks after the Gothic Summit, the capital city had been engulfed with the strife and drama of a political election. After a month had passed, the strife had ended with Secretary of State Lance Atticus named as the next Prime Minister.

Of course, this was a peaceful battle for power and this would be a peaceful transition of power that was rare in this part of the world. At high noon, Prime Minister Elizabeth Artemis would be an ordinary citizen and Atticus would be promoted to the head of government.

The cameras had gathered to witness the transition of power from all across the country and the globe. Their shutters clicked as Queen Heart administered the Oath of Office to Atticus in the Citadel Courtyard. Long sky blue banners with golden winged lions draped from the top of the building down to it’s lower levels. The flags of all the Skyan City-States fluttered in the wind as a fleet airships flew through the open sky. Crowds filled the streets to witness this history.

The oath was given and Prime Minister Atticus stepped to the podium to speak a few words to his people and the world.

”We gather here today in this place not to commemorate the victory of one party over another, but as a celebration of freedom. In this place, we choose our leaders and I have sworn the same solemn oath our forebears made upon the founding of the nation.”

The world remains a dangerous place. This is a young nation, but we remember the time in which our founders fled from the Kingdom of Fourhearts amidst the rising sea. Humanity holds in our mortal hands the power to end life on this planet. The days in which we trembled at the splitting of the atom are the days of our grandparents. Now, we see the destruction of our planet not just through the power of our weapons - but through our own inaction and misunderstanding of the technologies we ourselves have wrought. And yet, having now understood that we hold the power to change the world means that we can change the world for the better!

We have inherited a great nation and a great responsibility. This generation has been tempered by the blood tides of war. There are those who mistake our kindness for weakness and have learned that we are unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

This much we pledge--and more.

To our allies in the Gothic Alliance, we pledge the loyalty of faithful friends and a promise to maintain our efforts to bring peace to the region and uphold this great alliance. Together, we are a great and powerful people. We are capable of both great acts of benevolence and wonder - to bring new life to these united continents. Divided we are equally capable of acts of mass destruction, terrible violence, and needless death. We pledge to keep the peace.

To those who suffer from the affliction of war and disaster, we pledge to you our aid and our hospitality. We have never forgotten the kindness given to us in our hour of need. We will pay back the kindness tenfold and send our White Fleets to provide humanitarian aid whenever called.

Finally, to those nations who would make themselves our adversary, we offer not a pledge but a promise. Kindness is not weakness. Kindness requires strength. We, the Skyan people, will show strength without malice.

We are a peaceful people, a powerful people, a people who believe in the rights and dignity of all humankind. We are a generous people, a kind people, a people who will do the hard work to forge peace and prosperity. We are a patient people, a wise people, and a people who fight not for the glory of conquest but for the liberty and prosperity for us and our children to come.

To those who threaten us, we offer the sharp sword, but let it be known that we offer the world the open hand of peace.

Thank you.”
The Skybound Republic of Havensky
(Pronounced Haven-Sky)

Jagada
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2005

Postby Jagada » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:18 pm

A Decade of Liberation
Was the cost of the Milograd War worth it?

By Korina Teresi (@korinateresi)

FANBEI, Milograd - Earlier today High Lord Volgus Montauk and Dh'arco Sarulin Piar reaffirmed the Fanbei Treaty, renewing the mutual defense pact between the Union of Gharsash and State of Milograd. The treaty, originally signed in the aftermath of the Milograd War, is the cornerstone of a complex and unusual relationship. The signing was much ado in the Milogradian capital where a military parade was held to thousands of cheering people who had come out in support of the government. Lord Montauk and Dh'arco Piar both gave speeches on behalf of their respective countries. Piar cited that the treaty as "...paramount to our success and freedoms"; this sentiment is not only shared by Fostoria but much of the region. It was a coalition of Gharsash, Havensky, and Dephire that reacted to the Kravenic Reich's predatory invasion of Milograd after the central government had collapsed. A subsequent mediation by Caesar Silvier of Kylarnatia prevented further bloodshed as the conflict began to bog down and agreed upon a partitioning of Milograd for the good of regional peace. With the land divided the other signatories rapidly incorporated their pieces of the subcontinent into colonial acquisitions or outright death camps. Only Fostoria opted to grant the Milogradians their independence back; installing a transitional government that ultimately was elected to power by popular elections. Given the aggression of the Reich to the north the State of Milograd requested that Union forces be stationed, at least until a military could be cobbled together.

Few can argue that the Fanbei Treaty is likely all that has prevented the current government in Fanbei from collapsing; the food riots in the years afterwards and insurrection that blossomed in the western mountains were likely issues that the tettering administration couldn't have adequately dealt with. This is to say nothing of the situtaiton on the other side of the northern border and the likely fact that any weakness seen in the south would've been used as justification for invasion.
Though there is a growing debate in Gharsash as to whether the treaty is beneficial to the Union. There is no illusion that the Union foots most of the cost for the treaty by stationing military forces virtually permanently in Milograd to watch the northern and eastern borders, with several military bases to accommodate said forces. Infrastructure, or a lack thereof, to move these units was also necessary and had to be constructed (and paid for) by Union engineer corps during the early years before Fanbei has sufficiently organized. Then there is the naval bases in Suilan and Sakkao that currently facilitate the Red Fleet that patrols the infamous Cydonia-Line; a corridor between Gharsash and Milograd that loops south around the old homeland of the Jagites and must be kept open in the event of a war for logistical reasons and reinforcement. These are just the big budget items that don't include things like cost of training and arming, the trillions and trillions in aid given, or administrative aid rendered. The cost is staggering and it is little wonder that some ask if its worth it.

Professor Pannikos Metros with the South Myriandian University recently published an article called "Milograd: Its a Pit", where he fiercely decried the High Lords waste of taxpayer icons on the sustaining "what is, in all reality, a failed civilization". He shared these sentiments at the recent Southern Gothic Investment Council, a think-tank based in Euphanton that provides consulting services to corporations doing business in southern Gholgoth, and discouraged businesses from making risky investments in a country that is bound to go to war sooner rather than later. His opinion is shared by many in the nobility who have noticeably distanced their money from anything linked to Milograd; but the business class does not seem to follow this trend. It is no secret that investment in Milograd has always been seen, and even classified, as risky since the threat of either a Kravenic invasion of the south or a Jagite liberation of the north is virtually guaranteed. Some, such as Rea Galini, have called the subcontinent "a evaporating gold mine" as the government in Fanbei has slashed much of the former regulations to draw in investors, and this initiative is supported by Fostoria who provided generous tax-cuts to businesses who do so, but is likely to dry up rapidly once conflict begins again -- with the added risk that if the Reich is successful then all investments are lost.

These claims are not disputed by the High Lords who have issued warnings before that while investment is highly encourages that businesses should hedge their bets by cooperating fully with the Union military and Milogradian Defense Forces in the pursuit of "continued technological advancement and security" so that the eventual future conflict will be swift and descisive.

-----
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

KINI - 15th Year of Ascension

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:20 pm

15th Year of Ascension Celebrations: A Time for Celebration and Reflection
The Imperium Antiquum makes final preparations to celebrate Caesar's 15th Ascension and 40th Birthday
By Marcius Aquila (@marcaquil)
Profile of the Caesar (L. Flach, Fangthane Palace)
[Click to Enlarge]

Krytopia, Kylarnatia - The capital is full of energy and excitement as Kylarnatians and visitors from all over the world gather to come and take part in the upcoming celebrations for the marking of Caesar's 15th Year of Ascension. Traditionally taking place three months prior on the day that Caesar officially ascended to the Throne of the Golden Mother, the Fangthane announced a year ago that this year's celebrations would be coincide with her 40th birthday celebrations, due to the significance of both events. Early estimates predict that the event has brought in millions more tourists to the capital, as they all seek to capture the spectacle and revel in the street parties, concerts, performances and even rituals that are scheduled to happen over the next week. As always, the first three days - the day before, the day of the official celebrations, and the day after - have been decreed a public holiday.

Though not everyone is getting time off. The Caesar's Vigilum are on maximum readiness as they prepare to deal with the exceptionally high influx of both national and international citizens, as well as the security of the large number of both domestic and foreign VIPs expected to attend. The Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces are also in the last stage of rehearsals here in the capital, with all three major branches and their ancillaries expected to take part in a brilliant spectacle of might and reverence for the sovereign. As they rehearsed for the main parade that's set to culminate in the Imperial Forum, one young Centurion confided in me her feelings about the next couple of days: "I'm immensely proud to be representing my Caesar and my countrymen and women to such a large audience both at home and internationally. It's set to be a really colourful display, as well as a true demonstration of how our Caesar inspires us to greatness. I hope I get to see her, though if I do I hope I don't cry!" She grinned at me wildly before standing to attention and saluting, "Gloriam Caesar! Vivat!"

I found the sentiment to be shared not just amongst her fellow servicemen and women, but also amongst the business owners and citizens both local and from across the country who are conscious and excited by the international interest in the event. "It's an opportunity to show the world the beauty and majesty of our motherland, and to share with them the fruits and richness which our Caesar guarantees for us," An independent vendor tells me as he sells wares to tourists from places near and far, "Caesar is very popular abroad, and rightly so. She is Astra Puella. We've been truly blessed by the Mother!"

Among the many foreign dignitaries attending the event will be a number of the Gothic Lords, including Emperor Tristan Skragg of Dephire, Prime Minister Lance Atticus of the Skyan Republic as well as King Ironwing and Queen Heart, and Emperor Nathan of Ghant, his wife the Empress Sophia and their children. Some political commentators in Gholgoth have referred to the close partnership of the Caesar, the Skyan Prime Minister and Ghantish Emperor as a triumvirate following the events that occurred in ULE City two months ago, identifying them as the key proponents of the newly enshrined reforms following the Lords Summit in Citadel City back in May. Prime Minister Atticus has been announced by the Fangthane Palace as Caesar's Guest of Honour at her Ascension Address at the end of the week as the Imperial Senate comes back from it's summer recess. At the same time, it was confirmed that the Ghantish Empress and her children would remain in Kylarnatia for the week and the one following as guests of Caesar on what has been referred to as a "social visit" by official sources.

Birthday Wishes for Caesar

"I want to congratulate my friend and peer the Caesar of the Imperium Antiquum on reaching her 15th Ascension Year anniversary, and I'd like to wish her a very happy birthday. Our family looks forward to participating in the celebration festivities and sharing in the revelry with the Caesar and we hope that everyone who is travelling to Krytopia has an outstanding time and remains safe."
- Empress Sophia of Ghant

"On behalf of the Skyan People, we wish the Caesar a happy birthday and a warm congratulations on 15 prosperous years on the throne."
- Queen Heart of Havensky

"Congratulations to Silvier on the 15th anniversary of her accession, which also happens to be her birthday. So I say happy birthday, and let them eat cake."
- Emperor Nathan of Ghant

In her fifteen years since ascending to the Throne of the Golden Mother, the Caesar has been responsible for revitalising the Imperium's economy - sustaining growth even during the global recession caused by the attempted blockade of Gholgoth some years ago - with unemployment being at it's lowest point in over thirty years, being ranked highly as one of the most efficient economies in the world by the World Assembly. Crime has also been at it's lowest since records began, and the Caesar has been a vocal proponent of social welfare and the need to tackle inequalities and prejudice in society, decreeing them to be a risk to "...the health of the very fabric of our being".

Internationally she has also found notable success, from taking an active role in reviving the Gothic Alliance as Warden of the North to helping establish the Imperium's diplomatic presence further than ever before, as well as committing her Imperial Armed Forces to noble and just causes, most recently amongst them the coalition formed to aid in the liberation of Shen Almaru. The Caesar's Imperial Navy on it's own has expanded tenfold since the start of her reign, being fully committed to the Caesar's doctrine of Mare Nostrum, which not only seeks to ensure security and stability for the Imperium and her allies, but in tackling the ever-present chaotic forces born from piracy and the international slave trade. The Silvier Sacerdotium has also seen something of an international resurgence during her reign, now ranking as one of the largest religious identities in Gholgoth; her successful efforts to bring the divergent sects, such as the Telrosians, into open partnership and communion with the Collegia Ecclesiastica has only bolstered the Sacerdotium's religious authority.

If there's one thing that's certain, it's that Caesar's claim to the Mandate of Avaris is as healthy as ever, and long may it continue. Gloriam Caesar! Vivat!

Marcius Aquila is Kylarnatian Imperial News International's senior Fangthane Palace correspondent, reporting from Krytopia.

Last edited by Kylarnatia on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Krytopia Evening Review - The Mian Civil War Revisited [#1]

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:17 pm

[OOC: The Krytopia Evening Review is a centre-right evening daily newspaper that is printed and distributed freely in the capital of Krytopia. Based upon the Evening Standard of Greater London in the UK.]

THE MIAN CIVIL WAR: FORTY YEARS ON
Veterans of the Mian Armed Forces and Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces recall their experiences on the eve of the fortieth anniversary
JULIANUS CLODIAN and SALVIA APONIA
A wounded woman is aided to by both civilians and soldiers of the Mian Army in the aftermath of an assault by the Royal Guard during the Second Siege of Paraiso (Picture Credit: Mian Free Press // 1987)

THE Mian Capital of Paraiso ticks along today with a somewhat uneasy tranquillity, the scars of the Civil War still heavily apparent on most of its oldest architecture and monuments. Bullet holes mark the spots of tense firefights, and clearly marked mortar impact points from the cutthroat fighting of the Second Siege of Paraiso remain in now fully pedestrianised areas, almost as a constant visual reminder of the destruction that was wrought here not too long ago. For many it's still clear within their minds, but for the youngest generation of Mians, they can only see what remains, but that is still enough to impart what most here feel is the important thing to be remembered: never again. For the veterans of the Mian Armed Forces who saw action in that bloody conflict, that point proves especially poignant, increasingly so as they become aware of the years that are catching up with them and the quickly dwindling size of their surviving brothers in arms.

One such veteran, Lt. Cpl Kevin Donaldson of the 415th Valan Rifles, spoke to the Evening Review about his memories of the conflict: "The fighting here in the capital got real, real bad. I was fighting hand-to-hand in the sewers during the worst of it due to the risk of gas explosions. We used to send out 'foraging parties' of civilians to go scavenge the ruins for whatever scraps of food they could get; most would never return." Mr. Donaldson Is only one of a few that now survive of his regiment; despite their remarkably high survivability rate during the conflict - in part because of their extreme tactics during the fighting - in the years since peace and rebuilding, he has lost a number of his brothers to suicide and succumbing to longstanding injuries: "The things we saw...the things we did...they never leave you. You wake up every day and see the scars on your body. Look in the mirror and see them still in your eyes. It's harrowing."

Nationally, the Mian Veteran's Association reports that as many as 20% of Civil War veterans have died to suicide since the war, and a further 15% to those who have longstanding injuries as a result of the conflict. That is why the Association is pushing for the Mian government to do more to support veterans, who they say made the greatest of sacrifices for their country and people when the now deposed Royal Family made the fateful decision to start persecuting peaceful democratic protesters during an internal succession crisis. Out in the countryside, the horrors of that persecution still linger to this day: entire villages once thriving remain deserted of domestic citizens, populated instead by immigrants from Kylarnatia and elsewhere, as for Mians those places - former sites of massacres - carry too many painful memories. A great number of small rural communities remain divided based on how their families reacted during the Civil War, and which allegiances they took. The ruins of Nimrais, once the third biggest city with a population of over one-hundred million, stands empty; an eery monument to the souls of those lost.

For Kylarnatians, the fateful decision to intervene does not leave as many physical scars but as we are now seeing in the present day, marked a point of no return for the Imperium Antiquum's foreign policy: "Caesar Kain's decision to intervene - a plan which his father, Caesar Georgius, had committed to but tragically passed before he could see it come to fruition - was shaped by more than just a desire to aid an old friend, or to even bring an end to clear human suffering and tragedy". Dr. Minucia Tertula, a tenured professor of the Department of War Studies at the University of Leontopolis, spoke about the history of the Mian Civil War and the Imperium's decision to intervene: "While those things were important, the Silvanus' have - ever since the ascension of Georgius - sought to build the Imperium Antiquum as an intervening, proactive force on the international stage. Caesar Kain - who at the time had just ascended to the throne himself - saw the Mian Civil War as a perfect testing ground not only for his fathers international ambitions, but also as a test of his own leadership, which he managed to pass with notable success. That success has continued to shape our foreign policy objectives, which Caesar today continues to build upon and expand."

The triumphs of Caesar Kain that now form part of the processional ways of Krytopia and that of his mortuary temple in Caesaropolis dedicate a great deal of their reliefs to the Imperium's intervention in the Mian Civil War, and it has since therefore taken on quite an important place not just in popular cultural memory, but in the institutional memory of the Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces as well. The conflict - the largest which the Imperium had participated in since the conflict with Vetalia and her allies during the early twentieth century - has since been a great boon to the Imperial Armed Force's experience when it comes to the logistical challenges of sending forces far overseas, dealing with both urban and rural warfare, and on overseeing civilian populations during conflict and post-conflict reconstruction efforts. A good deal of the Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces Officer Training programmes have scenarios modelled on those faced by the men and women who fought in Mian at the end of the eighties.

Dux Imperator Octavian, a veteran of the Mian Civil War who fought directly alongside Caesar Kain as a young Legatus, spoke about his memories of the War during a series of events dedicated to Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces veterans of the conflict: "The Mian Civil War was a huge test, not just of our operational might and success, but our resolve as a people. As champions of liberty and human decency. Our Mian brothers and sisters suffered needlessly at the hands of their oppressors; the ruins of Nimrais stand as testament to the very pit of those ills. Our veterans can be proud, and our people proud of them, that during a time of such brutality we acted so justly. I remember how Caesar Kain wept upon seeing the suffering of those in Paraiso when we finally helped lift the seige..." (Continued on pg. 3)

Growing concern amongst international observers after latest evidence of human rights abuses coming from Dietsland
AURIA GALENA
Varathron Regional Correspondent

HARROWING reports continue to emerge from Dietsland, as both international observers and human rights bodies condemn the actions of the Ordenite Reich in what seems to be their newest colony. Dietsland - until recently officially recognised as the Second Empire of Dietsland - is located in the south of Varathron and has been subjected to an ongoing Ordenite occupation which has drawn more and more ire from the international community. The Ordenite Reich of Greater Dienstad, which is officially condemned by the World Assembly, has been accused of several abuses since the occupation began: former Government officials and Royal Family members have been rounded up and executed, members of any political opposition parties - particularly left-leaning ones - have been targeted and arrested without due process, and most recently it has been reported that Askari - native people of Dietsland - have been massacred indiscriminately by the Ordenite-SS Einatzgruppen in Serikstad.

Douglas Ferguson, a spokesperson for the White Cross - a humanitarian charity based in the Skyan District of Pax Gothica - spoke to the Evening Review to confirm their latest reports: "We're hearing that along with the persecution of political opponents and the Askari natives, the Ordenites are reportedly building makeshift labour camps to hold the prisoners, within which we can only imagine what sort of horrific conditions they're being subjected to. The Ordenite-SS has a proven track record of the worst human rights abuses and war crimes recorded in recent history."

Eugene Herbrand, a spokesperson for the Ordenite Consulate in Isna, was willing to speak to the Evening Review and had this to to say on the fresh accusations: "All accusations of crimes against humanity and other offences happening in Dietsland are false and Dietsland is currently transitioning back into Ordenite society." - the Ordenites are, naturally, keeping their cards close to their chest. The target of a growing coalition against them in their home region, the Ordenite Reich is keen to find pastures new elsewhere... (Continued on pg. 7)

Reman's academics cause new stir after latest crop circles; Kylarnatian academics remain unamused
MARCUS LEON
Science Correspondent
The latest crop circle to appear in McCluskyville, Remus (Picture Credit: GRNA)

A recent spate of new crop circles appearing across Remus has caused quite a stir amongst the Reman academic and pseudoscientific communities. Crop circles - along with cattle mutilations - have long been treated as signs of divine favour in Remus, due to the Foundationalist belief that they are extraterrestrial humans descended from Mars and beyond, and that one day their Founder will return to unite with them. Said crop circles and cattle mutilations are said to be signs from said Founder. If you're having a hard time believing what you've just read, trust me, I'm there with you too.

Jacob Finegold, one of the most outspoken and internationally recognised Reman academics of the Vascilia City Normal University, had this to say initially of the recent discovery of new crop circles in McCluskyville: "These activities require no further investigation". When I pressed him on what exactly he believes them to mean or represent, he only answered: "While we are not entirely sure, we are absolutely certain that these agricultural anomalies are entirely natural though the phenomenon is not yet specifically understood."

These very vague answers have, according to many noted academics of University College Krytopia, are typical of Finegold and others like him. Most view the recent discovery of these new crop circles to be particularly unremarkable, and reacted to my inquiries with a mixture of audible sighs and groans "Crop circles and cattle mutilations are not a natural phenomenon, unless the former is the result of poor cattle grazing practices". One academic I spoke to, who preferred to remain anonymous, spoke rather candidly with me. "Foundationalist hocum has infested itself within Reman academia; it's untrustworthy. It's all theatre of the mind to reinforce a political extremism that is taking further hold of the country."

Foundationalist zealots have certainly become more vocal... (Continued on pg. 9)

Marquesan
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:39 pm

T H EN U K UH I V AW A N D E R E R
* * * SPECIAL REPORT * * *
Marquesan government tests "Summanus" missile in rare publicized live fire exercise!

In the early morning hours of Wednesday, the Marquesan government tested its fearsome "Summanus" Boost-Glide missie; what was unusual about this test is that journalists were flown out to the Galeru Class cruiser "Dread Sovereign" to witness the missile impact in the shallow waters off the Marquesan coastline in the Moa Sea. One Skyan World Service reporter, Sophie Sambre gave her account, which has been republished here:

"It's not often we get invited to reclusive Marquesan, especially not for a military exercise, but in light of a recent rapprochement between the country's military and its noble houses and greater domestic peace since the civil war ended 10 years ago, the Department of State flew myself and a few international colleagues in a military helicopter they referred to as a "Hellcat" out to a cruiser floating just offshore. The test target was a captured foreign warship which had been stripped and floated out to sea to be sunk, forming a new coral reef. The test took place in the very early morning, so we were aboard Dread Sovereign overnight. We had officer's accommodations and we were treated to a feast of local cuisine--though you're not here to read about conch chowder. We were awakened by battlestations alarms two hours before dawn to witness the test. Another cruiser, some undisclosed distance away, fired the shot, which spent just a few minutes hurtling through the stratosphere before we caught a glimpse of a dull, smoky red line making its way across the horizon just after sunrise. It was all so peaceful and so beautiful, but suddenly the ship in front of us broke in half with a terrific roar! We didn't see the fall of the missile --or hear it falling-- but the way it tore that old warship in half, I will never forget. It seemed that the explosion happened after the ship broke, there was a tremendous column of water and a burst of light, fire and it seemed that pieces of that ship went flying absolutely everywhere. It only took moments for the biggest pieces to sink, and the test was over. Not a single one of us managed to get a picture of the event; but we were all left with a feeling that we had witnessed something of awesome power. I certainly hope I never have to be on the business end of one of these things, I wouldn't say no to some more conch chowder! While we've asked the Marquesan State Department for stats on their new missile, they have yet to publicly release. Skyan sources tell me that they anticipate the new missile to be one of the fastest deployed in Gholgoth.

Last edited by Marquesan on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Just so Summanus, wrapped in a smoking whirlwind of blue flame, falls upon people and cities." - John Milton, In Quintum Novembris

@Marquesan I hereby proclaim you as the Gothic Mad Scientist, who actually isn't mad but a brilliant genius which every nations military goes to consult when they quietly tell their leaders, "We'll consult our experts" and when asked who they always say "private sources"
@Marquesan I will say man you're the only person on NS I've ever mistaken for a genuine Weapons designer.
Kraven Prevails!

Anagonia
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:37 am

THE CONFEDERATE TIMES
The most subscribed Digital News Source in the Confederacy

CNBI Director Daron McKnight overseeing the investigation of election meddling
early on Wednesday morning as the investigation went full swing.
Headquarters of the Fascist Party of Southern Anagonia located in Atlantica City.
Atlantica City, State of Saratoga.

James McPatrick
Confederate Times Senior Situational Analyst
April 7th, 105 AUR
D$8.50 Denars(PAID)

Late Tuesday night, the Confederate National Bureau of Investigation conducted an operation to arrest a Foreign Agent who proclaimed themselves a member of the National Socialist Party of Ordena. As of the digital publication of this release, any representative of the Greater Ordenite Reich has yet to provide comment. Director Daron McKnight, Director of the CNBI, took part in the operation to capture the self-admitted foreign agent. It was later revealed Wednesday morning during a press release that the agent had allegedly committed suicide in custody, according to a press conference initiated by President Franklin Johnson. It was revealed during the press conference that the self-admitted foreign agent had conducted a number of espionage activities against both the Commonwealth of Saratoga and the Confederate States Government, as well as attempting to apparently donate money to the Fascist Party of Southern Anagonia whereupon they had been initially taken into custody.

While the series of events leading up the arrest of this agent - whom still remains unnamed - remains unclear, it is clear according to the press release during the conference Wednesday morning that his activities were not random in nature. The agent allegedly struck a government digital depository belonging to the Commonwealth of Saratoga Tuesday at mid-afternoon. CNBI agents were alerted to the data-breach thanks to sophisticated protections in place as well as AI citizens hired as security. Two agents and an AI agent were tasked with tracking the then-unknown threat, whereupon the foreign agent was discovered breaching into a Confederate Government building and proceeding to download sensitive information - information of which remains unknown as of this release. After the agent filmed in the act, he was observed stealing from a nearby ATM machine and then proceeding to the headquarters of the Fascist Party of Southern Anagonia. CNBI Agents then surrounded the foreign agent whereupon he was taken into custody.

Details of the initial interrogation are scarce, but the Confederate Times has been able to gain some information from a reliable source. According to this source within the CNBI, the "Foreign Ordenite Agent" had revealed he planned to rig computer voting systems to support a victory for the Fascist Party for purposes unknown. Further interrogation was made impossible following the successful suicide attempt of the foreign agent after he ingested a cyanide capsule hidden within his mouth.

President Johnson reacted to the situation by providing extensive details into the situation and allowing a liaison of the Department of National Defense to elaborate on the Confederate Military's position. Lieutenant General Richard Bankard gave the press assurances that the Confederate States Armed Forces were seeking a solid diplomatic solution over military action, but that military action had not been taken off the table. He further elaborated it was in the best interests of the Confederate Military to allow the CNBI to conclude its investigation before any hard action was taken by the Armed Forces.

While the situation develops over Wednesday afternoon and into the evening, analysts predict a somewhat chaotic time in the national polls as the election season continues. With no stated cautions or warnings with proceeding with the election openly stated by the Supreme Court of the Confederacy, it is hoped by most involved in the race for the Presidency that this situation will be resolved swiftly so the election may proceed unhindered by rumor and doubt. So far, the response from the Johnson Presidency has been as swift as expected, with assurances that the government is doing everything in its power to ensure a fair and free democratic election. No further reports of election meddling have been reported as of this release, from either any further foreign or domestic elements.
Last edited by Anagonia on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founded: September 14th, 0 AUR
Capital: Liberty, State of Liberty, CSA
President: Mileethus Canisilus
Population: 430.5 Million Anagonians
GDP: D$34.1 Trillion
The Confederate States of Anagonia (MT/PMT)
An autonomous unity; A Confederate Republic whole.
Left-leaning Libertarianism - Human/Non-Human Society
Current Canon Year: 108 AUR (2034 AD)
Embassy Exchange Link | GATORnet v0.5.2b

Jagada
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2005

Postby Jagada » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:56 am

Ordenite State Visit: A New Partnership?
Or a betrayal of our values ... ?

By Taul Pranain

FOSTORIA, Jarars - Business within the Armathaine Palace has been hectic this week as it played host to one of the few non-Gothic nations to ever bee allowed within its hallowed halls. That nation is strangely enough the Ordenite Reich located in distant Greater Diestand, and it was represented by none other than their own Reichsfurher Kristian Richtofen. Reports from Ordenite sources have stated that it is one of the few state visits Ordena has conducted in many years owing to their peculiar ideology. The arrival of Furher Richtofen was marked by an honor guard and tarmac greeting by a number of the High Lords, including Lords Telrag and Montauk, who greeted the Ordenite before whisking him away. The rest of the first day being spent in motion as the Furher met with various figures from the Collegiums and the Stagmata during his inspection of the famed 21st 'Gunpowder Rams' Regiment (famed for their service record in Milograd) at the Kriar Parade Grounds, a tour of various imperial museums across the city displaying artifacts from all the nationalities of Gharash and Old Jagada, and finally a rumored formal dinner with Secretary Supreme Nalur al'Maw. It was notable that there was no mention of a visit or greeting with the Basilissa on the first day, but anonymous sources from the Palace say that she was indisposed due to illness at the time. On the second day, Furher Richtofen was flown out to see historic landmarks across the Union including the Fool's Fortresses in the Coral Mountains, the ancient shrine city of Callorium (where Callor the Great is buried), the great crematorium pyramids in Engardia, and numerous historic battlegrounds from the Subjugation Wars -- that evening, upon arrival back in Fostoria, there was a formal dinner with the Basilissa and the Furher. No media was permitted during the dinner, with only an honor guard of Janissaries and Waffen-SS permitted in the room for security concerns. The third, and final day, was spent with the Furher and Secretary Nalur attending a parade organized in the Ordenite's honor followed by meetings with various Collegiums on what mutual benefit Gharash and Ordena can provide to each other. This day was capped by a twilight farewell that the Basilissa herself attended.

Political experts have hailed the state visit as a success as polls have shown increased favorability towards the Ordenite Reich from the general public, minus the Jagites themselves ironically enough. This is likely because of Ordena's sordid past with Nazism, but more particularly its rumored relationship with the murderous Kravenic Reich for whom there is no love in the Union. Indeed the state visit was immediately protested by community leaders across the Jagite Enclaves, some of which turned into riots when rumors leaked that an Ordenite military base would be built in Gharash. The riots went on for three days before Imperial Marshals intervened and put them down, arresting a number of agitators. While that rumor is technically false it is not entirely without merit. One of the key takeaways from the meeting was the agreement that the Ordenite Reich would be investing in the burgeoning Atramentar Economic Zone which is quickly become a popular investment in southern Gholgoth with notable partners with the United Dominion and Marquesan. What form this investment would take is unclear, but sources familiar with the AEZ say that its likely military vessels will be built here as it provides Ordena with a safe harbor to do so in, protected and away from their enemies in Greater Dienstad.

There was also the announcement of an 'Officer Exchange' where officers of the Stagmata and Wehrmacht would visit the other's countries and attempt to learn more about their military capabilities and reportedly "learn how better to integrate and cooperate on defense matters". This has given many the impression that the partnership is likely to expand beyond the typical trade agreements or goodwill wishes that most engage with flaccidly on the international stage and signal a more serious relationship. It is no secret that the events of the Slaver War, specifically the Macabean invasions of Drana, has created serious fissures between the Basilissa and Pax Gothica with rumors of possible secession similar to the Freekish secession. Such a decision would likely require Fostoria to seek allies outside of the Gholgothic Regional Alliance, and thereby Gholgoth itself, to secure alliances in the event of conflict here at home. That said most of the anonymous sources of the Palace say that a Jagite secession from the GRA is a pipedream at best as the benefits of the Alliance far outweigh the negatives, but the rumors do persist.
Last edited by Jagada on Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kraven Prevails!

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:29 pm

THE CONFEDERATE TIMES

ORDENITE EMBASSY FORMALIZED

James McPatrick
Confederate Times Senior Situational Analyst
June 25th, 105 AUR
D$8.50 Denars(PAID)

Early Friday morning, President Mileethus Canisilus received dignitaries from the Ordean Reich for a summit scheduled to discuss and hash out disagreements and issues stemming from then April 7th accusations of Ordenite election meddling. For several hours the President, several close staff members, and five dignitaries from the Reich sat behind closed doors beyond view of the press and public. It wasn't until after 2:00 PM Anagonian Central Time that the summit concluded and the Ordenite dignitaries were seen being escorted by Military Police to waiting vehicles. President Canisilus was briefly seen by the press leaving the location of the summit near the Confederate White House, waving briefly at a cameraman within line-of-sight before heading off to his own vehicle. Thirty minutes later, Vice President Franklin Johnson approached a podium set up outside the meeting location for the pre-planned after-summit summary.

"President Canisilus has been very adamant in his desires for regional stability and peace," the Vice President began on Friday evening, "and has stated time and again that a war with the Reich must be out of the question. Following private talks with myself and Grand Senator Edmond Goff, it was decided by the President to go ahead with the talks this morning to reach a compromise on the prevalent issue that nearly jeopardized our democratic processes."

The Vice President elaborated on the details of the summit, the hospitality extended upon arrival of the Reich dignitaries, and the brief hold on the meeting placed by himself due to security concerns that could arise from the summit. The security concerns were resolved quickly and the summit continued, and as the Vice President elaborated the proceedings were, "Very intense indeed".

Details of the summit were released prior to the arrival of Vice President Johnson to the press summary interview. There was a whole list of issues present and planned for the summit, with several cast aside in favor of using the time to direct the Presidents concentration on five key issues. That of the issues surrounding the captured Ordenite rounded up by the Confederate National Bureau of Investigation, the Ordenite position on the entire affair, the relationship between Grand Senator Goff and the Ordenite Reich, the Ordenite position on future relations, and the establishment of a formal embassy. According to the after-brief summary, all five issues were successfully addressed, with the last making what President Canisilus deemed the hallmark success of the summit.

"The Ordenite dignitaries provided documentation in full to our summit party on the entire election affair with concern to Grand Senator Goff's involvement," Vice President Johnson had explained as he elaborated on the successes of the summit. "This documentation was handed directly over to Director Daron McKnight for further evaluation, however it bolsters the CNBI conclusion that the Grand Senator was in no way maliciously involved in any plot against the Confederate democratic processes. Additionally, the Ordenites provided proof that the agent captured by the CNBI was a member of a rogue organization from the Reich that has been notoriously interfering with foreign parties on the behest of an as-yet unknown director or supervisor. These rogue agents are considered terrorists inside the Reich and actively attempt to subvert and degrade the international image of our new partners. It was expressed by the President that he would have Confederate assets work with Ordenite equivalents to assist in their capture and interrogation of further rogue agents."

The Vice President further elaborated on the incident that the organization known as the "Black Dawn" was responsible and that the agent who committed suicide in CNBI custody was not related to the government of the Reich. When asked for further clarification on the issue following the summary interview, Director Daron McKnight refused comment.

"The Ordenites expressed their sympathy to the issues caused by their domestic terrorist cell and desired to assist with any possible alleviation efforts, which the President deemed unnecessary at the present time," Vice President Johnson had continued to say. "The last item of the summit was then brought up and, after an additional two hours of negotiations, a formal document authorizing and approving the establishment of a Confederate Embassy in the Reich and an Ordenite Embassy in the Confederacy was signed. It is hoped that this mutual embassy exchange will ensure future cooperation and understanding between both the Reich and the Confederacy and, as is hoped by the President, further his dream of ensuring regional stability."

The summary ended with no questions given or answered and the Vice President retiring to his transport. Further comment from any of the other attending officials was not given.

Analysts of the summary interview were not impressed. One from the Anagonian News Network was recorded as stating that the Vice Presidents posture and behavior were, "all wrong", and, "very telling". Further suspicion was risen when just after the conclusion of the summary interview, the CNBI released a statement that they, "Stood behind the wishes of the President to maintain peace and would not pursue the issue further". This remark was prompted by an online citizen using a social media platform to communicate with the CNBI. The operator of the CNBI account left the message as a response and refused to elaborate further despite additional questions. Several online journalist platforms took the answer as a sign that something was definitely going on behind the scenes. Confederate Times very own political analyst, Shela Thess, seemed to agree that something indeed was suspicious about the entire affair.

"The Summit came out of no where with very little announcements beforehand," Confederate Times Political Analyst Shela Thess offered in an online interview. "Typically the government is extremely transparent with these types of things, traditionally with every other President as an example. If we are to believe that President Cansisilus intends to maintain this transparency, then we can conclude that there was very hard and very quick backroom dealings going on. The suddenness of the summit and the pace at which it was completed should be an indication as to the Presidents importance of the matter. Regardless of any conspiracy theory, it's clear that something was there that directly jeopardized peace in the region and he wanted to address it post-haste, which I believe he did. If there was in fact something so jeopardizing that it required this summit, we won't likely know for the next ten years."

No further comments were given concerning the summit prior to the publication of this article online. With very little else to go on but theories and hypothesis, we can therefore only rely on the facts presented to us from the summary interview and any prior notices given during the summit as it progressed. The finality of the summit has achieved, according to the Vice President, its stated and intended goals. While very little notice was given to its inception, the press was kept informed through its progress and given direct, blunt statements about its conclusion. However, if the possibility presented by Political Analyst Shela Thess is to be believed, then the government may have utilized its right to secrecy as permitted by the Constitution. The implications of this are, in the opinion of this Senior Situational Analyst, extremely disturbing.
Last edited by Anagonia on Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:30 am

THREE NEW STRIKE CARRIERS ENTER SERVICE

Department of National Defense, Main Headquarters
Liberty, State of Liberty, CSA

Early today on the 27th of June, President Mileethus Canisilus and Vice President Franklin Johnson were seen at the Lexington National Dockyards to welcome home new acquisitions to the Confederate States Navy Active Service Roster, that of three new Anagonia-Class Strike Carriers. The CVSN-08 CSS Poseidon, the CVSN-09 CSS Courageous and the CVSN-10 CSS Defiance were towed into berth following their arrival into home waters in the late hours of the 26th, allowing the crews a brief respite with friends and family before the planned activation ceremonies were to commence hours later on the 27th. As is tradition, each ship was inspected personally by the Commander-in-Chief of the Confederate States Armed Forces, the President himself.

"Today marks a historical milestone for the planned restructuring of the Confederate States Navy," remarked President Canisilus in a press conference later in the day. "The Anagonia-class is a very old design, never intended to serve as long as it has in our navy. The historical significance of this design was never lost to our military, however, and in the early years of the Confederacy's foundation we sold two to our closest allies along our southern border, ensuring that we had the funds to preserve the remainder for generations to come. Those ships that survived retirement served our navy dutifully for the last one-hundred and five years. Sadly, however, all ships have a life expectancy. With the activation of these newly minted and constructed Strike Carriers, we can finally safely retire the CSS Olympia and the CSS Freedom and preserve their historical significance for all future generations of Anagonians."

A report was filed in late 102 AUR that alerted the Confederate Navy to the degrading reactors onboard the aging Strike Carriers, the CSS Olympia and Freedom. Despite extensive overhauls over the last century, the aging hulls were requiring more repairs than was necessary for such a vessel and were requiring far more time in drydocks leaving gaps in the planned power projection for the Navy. A debate had raged whether to completely retire the designs in favor of the current Boxer-class Light Carriers or to build completely new ones with safer construction techniques to ensure maximum longevity. A decision was made early in 103 AUR to build three completely new Strike Carriers based around the older designs for the sake of ensuring the Navy had some utilization of large carriers for longer deployments.

"The Confederate Navy has transitioned far from where it was first structured in the early years of the Confederate States," remarked Chief Admiral of the Confederate Navy Dave Evans during the ceremonies. "While I have personally approved a more leaner, fast reacting force with which our Light Carriers bring to the table, I cannot and will not deny the only carrier to be designed by Anagonian hands as a probable solution to our growing issues of power projection. Until such time as we find an alternative, we must utilize what we have to its greatest potential. These Strike Carriers have served under two reigning government authorities in Anagonia, have served with distinction and proven themselves in multiple wars, and it would be foolish of myself or anyone else to disregard their strategic importance to our Navy."

The newly minted Captains of the three Strike Carriers were seen personally meeting with the President and Vice President following the ceremonies. The Captains and their crews were scheduled on a month-long home leave after their four month shakedown tour. According to a press release by Chief Admiral Dave Evans, the three new Strike Carriers are scheduled for formal deployment and rotation following the leave time after which the CVSN-06 CSS Olympia and the CVSN-07 CSS Freedom will be withdrawn from active duty deployment to begin preparations for retirement. Both ships are intended to be reconfigured into museum ships, with unknown permanent berthing as of this press release.

Currently the CSS Olympia is with a Strike Carrier Group patrolling trade routes in and around the vicinity of the Anagonian Ocean. The CSS Freedom is reported to be with its own Strike Carrier Group protecting international trade routes in international waters between Gholgoth and Greater Dienstad.

"It is my pleasure, therefore, to announce that I found all these Strike Carriers fit for duty," President Canisilus announced following his four-hour tour of the new Strike Carriers.

The approval itself is ceremonial, however the tradition reaches far past the foundation of the Confederate States. In the early years of the United Republic, the role of the President as Commander-in-Chief was taken to new levels. Their responsibility to inspect the troops as well as equipment and ships was taken seriously up until the later years of the Republic and before its fall. The Confederate Presidents continued this tradition following the example set by President Tiberius Samsus on his first inspection of the Confederate Navy in 2 AUR, though subsequent Presidents would be less strict in their inspections. President Canisilus exemplified a more relaxed approached during the ceremonies, greeting the crew and Captains and spending time with guided tours as well as answering questions from his press entourage. It was as one attending citizen put it a "very relaxed and jovial affair".

Richard Hanton, Senior Military Analyst
Story reported on June 27th, 105 AUR
Last edited by Anagonia on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:41 pm

THE LIBERTY GAZETTE
The most preferred online news source in Liberty City for over twenty years and counting...

THE DARKEST DAY IN PEACETIME HISTORY

James Timberson
Senior Military Correspondent
September 3rd, 105 AUR
D$2.50 Denars(PAID)

Earlier this morning, a Confederate States Air Force C-141C Starlifter departed the West Island Military Complex bound for the Tiberius National Defense Center in the State of Liberty. The flight was a culmination of several months of basic training for 105 newly graduated mandatory recruits across four separate branches of the Confederate Military. On board the flight was Chief General Chief Titus Bond (Chief General of the Confederate States Armed Forces, Head of the Department of the Interior) and General Elliott Armstrong (Head of the Department of Defense) whom had just concluded the graduation ceremonies for the newly minted recruits on board. An additional entourage of 5 Military Policemen, assigned for the protection of the two Chief General's, were also on board.

The flight, assigned callsign Victor Indigo Papa Mike Nine Nine Two, was escorted by two Confederate States Air Force F-22 Raptors shortly after takeoff at 0300 Anagonian Standard Time. After a few hours, the flight entered the mainland airspace with no disturbances. The first radar station to begin tracking Flight VIPM-992 as it entered the Plymouth Confederal Republics airspace around 0630 Anagonian Standard Time was Sentry Station Alpha Tango, near the coast of the Plymouth Cliffs, and just north of the Town of Truxinix. As the sun began to rise in the east across the Anagonian Ocean, it was here that eyewitness reports fill in the story of the transpiring events, as well as the report of the sole remaining CSAF pilot F-22 Pilot, Major Adam Gorth.

Major Adam Gorth was the first to notate in his verbal logs, as required by Military Protocol, an abnormal tilt in the flight of the Starlifter. He relayed his observations of possible "sparks and smoke" from the right wing, and from there his wingmate, Captain Chessia Smiz, moved closer to provide observational data for the Starlifter crew. According to Major Gorth, the events that played out happened almost too quickly to register. In a single instant, the left wing of the Starlifter violently disassembled itself from the aircrafts frame, impacting instantly the F-22 piloted by Captain Smiz and killing her instantly. The destruction caused the Starlifter to bank hard right, flinging debrie from both the remains of the left wing and the partially intact right wing into Major Gorth's F-22. He managed to eject, but due to the intense aerodynamic forces blacked out.

In Sentry Station Alpha Tango, Lieutenant's James Alberts and Higgith Manz, Confederate States Army, intently listened to the alarmed reports and cries of distress from the flight VIPM-992. They began to instantly blackbox their recordings, which is a process by all radar posts to catalogued important data for eventual investigation, and watched in real time as the radar station observed the disintegration of the C-141C over the course of five minutes until it impacted the ground. The area of impact for the Starlifter was the outskirts of the Town of Truxinix, deep in a rural community in the midst of waking up.

Eyewitness reports from the ground in and around Truxinix, as well as hundreds of live videos recorded from mobile phones and uploaded to social media, fill in the rest of the events. At the time of the Starlifters disintegration, eyewitnesses recorded the main frame of the heavy lifter breaking into three distinct pieces. The crew and piloting area was seen to impact far in the woods on the outskirts of town, while the two remaining main pieces as well as the remaining pieces of engines and wings impacted directly into a community of over five-thousand civilians. The destruction was immense, leaving residence believing themselves under assault from the intensity of the explosions and "quakes" felt at the time of impact.

The resulting horrific display of the dead and dying is aptly recorded on social media, as well as major news outlets, and I as the writer of this piece do not feel the need to go into detail on this tragic event. Needless to say, however, the aftermath of the crash of VIPM-992 has resulted in the confirmed deaths of over 800 civilians as well as all those believed to be on board the Starlifter itself. Only Major Adam Gorth, rescued thanks to keen eyewitnesses on the ground at the direction of rescue efforts, is believed to have survived. Chief General Bond and Chief General Armstrong are believed to be dead, but due to the ongoing rescue efforts by Military Policemen and Firefighters, no bodies from the flight have been directly recovered as of this reporting. In total, 116 passengers and crew on the C-141C Starlifter are believed to have died, and at least one F-22 pilot is so far confirmed killed. This brings the total dead so far to 916 souls as of the writing of this piece.

President Mileethus Canisilus spoke to the nation hours after the incident in a special announcement as the Confederate States entered into a state of mourning.

"Both Vice President Johnson and I were intimately close with several of the passengers and crew on board the Starlifter, in particular those of Chief General Titus Bond and Chief General Elliot Armstrong. We had all just convened ourselves at the West Island Military Complex not but two weeks ago to congratulate the one-hundred and five newly minted recruits for branches of the Army, Navy, Marines, and Space Defense Force. It was my honor to have met them all, dined with them, and celebrated their unified achievements of starting their mandatory term of service and the doors that would open in their life from that great effort. While Vice President Johnson and I departed on separate flights to attend to our affairs just a week ago, both Chief General Bond and Chief General Armstrong personally stayed to attend to their duties. Their commitment to duty and to their roles in our military and government should not be overlooked, and I no doubt believe that in the final moments on Flight VIPM-992, they did everything mortally possible to save those recruits and crew.

Let us not also forget the eight hundred civilians who died in the early morning of the 3rd of September also, those unaware of their demise and unconcerned with the protectors who soared over their heads in that morning. None of these would know, could ever possibly know, that a horrble incident transpired which would seal their fates into the hands of Melkos Unchaos on this horrible of days. Familes all; Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, Children and Grandchildren. Our people, citizens we as those who serve in the government are bound to serve, and as those in the military are bound to protect, who died in what we can only hope was a swift and peaceful transition into the hands of our Dark Lord. So I hope the same is true for those who were bound to the Starlifter as it crumbled in the air. Let us then remember them all, and let us mourn our brothers and sisters who have died this day in this terrible tragedy, this darkest day of our peacetime history.
"

The President went on to announce a week of official mourning and that all flags would be half-mast for the remainder of the month to honor the dead. He also stated that Priests and Priestesses of the Drekamythian Church have publicly made themselves available to any survivors and those impacted by the events of the tragedy. He ended his announcement promising a full commitment of resources to the recovery of the town of Truxinix and all impacted by the tragedy that happened.

The Confederate States Air Force made an announcement that a full investigation is underway with the assistance of the Confederate Aeronautics and Space Administration to piece together the remains of the C-141C Starflighter to try to find the cause of the tragedy.
Last edited by Anagonia on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:57 am

THE LIBERTY GAZETTE
The most preferred online news source in Liberty City for over twenty years and counting...

THE MORNING AFTER

James Timberson
September 4th, 105 AUR
D$2.50 Denars(PAID)

As the death toll continues to rise in what has now become known as the Tragedy in Truxinix, the Confederate States Military Police in collaboration with various government agencies continues its task of piecing together what caused this disaster. All through yesterday and into the night, investigators combed the remains of homes, apartment complexes, and two schools as rescue workers maintained their task of looking for survivors. Wreckage of the destroyed C-141C Starlifter was not initially discovered, despite the massive area of damage left in its wake of impacting the ground. Senior Trooper Julia Hernandez, Confederate States Military Police, explained in a press briefing the initial frustrations of the investigation.

"It's been....it's been quite difficult to comb through the zones of interest. We began to expect that we'd find visible remains of the aircraft in question, but instead we just found...we found body parts. Memorabilia. Things like that. Stuff from native Truxinixians. It's been very difficult. Emotionally and mentally, very difficult."

The Senior Trooper's expression was visibly distressing during the live interview with Anagonian News Network. Her expression, one of professionalism that clearly held back a visible state of turmoil, was something that was clearly seen on all the faces of those working hard to sort through the disaster and help those in need. The investigators in particular seemed the most distressed. Senior Trooper Hernandez continued her explanation.

"We found parts of the wreckage in the streets, of course. Two engines, one partially intact and the other in pieces, that had collapsed a row of apartments near downtown. That was what first stuck out. The rest was hard to find. My team and I were assigned to find that wreckage and instead we found ourselves assisting primarily with the recovery efforts. We're still finding survivors and....and well, a lot of bodies. A lot of dead. I'd say for every two survivors we find in a collapsed structure, there's around eight dead there. It's horrific. This is just....just unprecedented in the level of destruction."

Colonel Chang Strong, Confederate States Military Police and Commanding Officer of the crash investigation and recovery efforts, gave a press update later in the evening on the 3rd.

"The casualty toll now stands at two-thousand and fifteen souls. This number unfortunately includes the five firefighters who died earlier in their attempts to reach the eight trapped civilians in the partially collapsed apartment complex at the corner of Sustain and Jefferson. Neither the firefighters nor those they intended to rescue survived the full collapse of the structure. I have called off further attempts at entering structures with questionable integrity until we can find a safer approach to rescuing survivors, however at this point I must state we are entering the recovery phase and only expect to find more bodies than survivors.

This fluke of an disaster has caused a one in a million odds of destruction, something that has been discussed and theorized for aircraft crashes, but never truly realized until this day. I can confirm that Flight VIPM-992 was clearly not on a trajectory and flight path to place the town of Truxinix in any direct danger. It is believed at this time, at this early stage of preliminary investigation, that the violent manner in which the aircraft disassembled itself caused the redirection of wreckage towards the town. Until we can confirm or deny this hypothesis, this is the best information I can give to what has permitted our nations greatest peacetime tragedy.
"

Due to the level of destruction, social media outlets in some areas of the internet became ignited in an intense debate over a conspiracy theory that this disaster was planned to kill two of the most senior officers in both military and government. The conspiracy, formulated by a MyAnagonia user by the name of WildChildRifleGuy5567, claims that the Confederate States government willingly and knowingly placed a bomb on board the doomed C-141C Starflighter to kill off undesirables, which included many of the graduated recruits on board. Colonel Strong expressed his own opinions of the conspiracy theory.

"Allow me to be clear on one point. I have noted on social media outlets, as well as a few news sources, a conspiracy concerning the pilots and airmen who flew and worked on Flight VIPM_992. I find it extremely disrespectful and dishonorable to those that perished that accusations of a conspiracy to kill our two highest ranking senior officers was conducted yesterday. I can assure you, such accusations are based on lies and slander and have absolutely no grounds in reality. I ask those continuing to perpetrate this hoax to cease and clarify their intentions during this time of national mourning, to reconsider their positions and remember that those that died would never have willingly conducted such horrific acts on their passengers nor the civilians they were oath-bound to protect."

Despite the Colonel's insistence, the conspiracy remains one of the most highest shared posts in MyAnagonia's history. However after the public announcement, a counter-movement against the conspiracy has grown in popularity. The members of the 84th Airborne Regiment posted a social media video expressing their grief and support for those involved, and publicly condemning the support for the conspiracy theory. The post has gained well over one million shares in just three hours and is expected to surpass the two-million mark soon.

As of the writing of this piece, WildChildRifleGuy5567 has refused to comment despite numerous attempts to reach him from various news outlets across the nation.

With recovery efforts continuing to intensify and crash investigation personnel continuing to comb the remains of the northern half of Truxinix, concerns have been raised over the validity on whether or not the town itself could recover from such a massive disaster. Despite the commitment promised by the President to rebuild, many native citizens of the town expressed their doubts on whether or not it was worth to effort to even try. In an interview with local resident Haggot Jules, he had this to say.

"The northern parts of the town are just....just gone. All of it, gone. That was really where most of the poorer parts of the town lived. Few farms too, lot of businesses now destroyed too. I just....I don't know. My house was destroyed by a fire that spread after the impact. I mean I've already been in touch with the MP's about compensation, but like, is it worth it? I've lost a lot of friends today, them and their families dead. I got lucky with....like most of my family, but others didn't. Others didn't, you know? The town's just....just gone. Lot more empty. Sad."

This same sentiment shared by the local resident appears to be a common theme among those interviewed yesterday evening. Time will only tell if the residents choose to stay and take up the governments offer of assistance or if, as one resident claimed, "We'd all up and move to Junetown (to live)". Junetown being the sister town of Truxinix, just thirty miles to the east, and where apparently most of the local regions industry resides. Following the public remarks, Junetown Mayor Roberto Zamora promised that Junetown would be open to new arrivals and providing temporary shelter and comfort as needed for residents of Truxinix. When asked if he thought people would fully abandon Truxinix, he remarked that he found the possibility, "highly improbable".
Last edited by Anagonia on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:47 pm

THE LIBERTY GAZETTE

DEFCON 2 DECLARED

James Timberson
September 4th, 105 AUR
D$2.50 Denars(PAID)

Chief Admiral Dave Evans, Head of the Confederate States Joint Department of Progress which oversees the unified development of the states as a whole, has assumed direct control over the Confederate Military. Following the ongoing recovery efforts in Truxinix this morning and throughout the afternoon, the Confederate States Armed Forces held an emergency Joint Assembly of Chiefs and Commanding Officers. The topic of discussion was the continuity of the chain of command following the devastating loss of the Number Three and Number Two senior most official members of the Military. In under an hour, over one hundred senior officers and chiefs of staff elected Chief Admiral Evans by a sharp majority of 95, with 5 abstaining. He wasted no time as he ordered the Confederate States Military to Defense Condition Two, the highest DEFCON level allowed for peacetime conditions.

Following a brief announcement over various live news broadcasts, social media became abuzz with videos showing dozens of rarely seen YAL-1 Airborne Lasers taking flight from undisclosed airfields across the nation. In total, around twenty-five of the YAL-1's, typically reserved for preparations against nuclear strikes, were documented to be seen patrolling the skies around the national borders of Anagonia. Along with this alarming display, citizens all across the country have reported a constant stream of fighters and bombers patrolling across large swaths of the nation. Social Media posts document families in the throws of being separated as personnel were called to active duty, often in the middle of special occasions and without little warning. Across the coasts of the nation, videos display an alarming increase in naval activity as everything from battleships to submarines are documented to be moving out. In what could only be described as the moments before all-out war, it appeared to everyone that Anagonia was under direct attack, leaving many fearing for their lives.

At around 1930 Hours Anagonian Standard Time, citizens were further alarmed by the sudden sirens blaring from newly installed early warning systems just recently put in place thanks to agreements with Naxus Engineering, followed by verbal instructions to review television stations for further updates. In addition, mobile phones began to come to life as the Military sent out alert texts to notify citizens to tune into their local news outlets for further instructions. Just thirty minutes later, Chief Admiral Dave Evans appeared on screen from an undisclosed location.

"My fellow Anagonians, as you are aware at around 1400 hours today I was elected as the Number Two Commanding Officer to our Armed Forces. I followed my elected station by ordering the military apparatus to Defense Condition Two, which as many of you are aware is our highest peacetime state of readiness. I did all this while maintaining constant contact with both our President, whom is our Commander in Chief, as well as members of the Grand Congress. I felt, however, that the decisions being placed down by both our Commander in Chief and the highest ranking members of our Grand Congress were alarming slow. In this regards, I have just recently enacted Article Two of the Articles of the Armed Forces of the Confederacy and declared a Military Veto against further government actions pertaining to the defense of our great nation.

As many of you are aware, this decision is both temporary and holds great consequence to myself as a citizen of our great Confederacy. This decision, made by myself for the best intention of the security of the citizens of our nation, was not made lightly nor in haste. During this most vulnerable of times for our country, we have lost two of our highest ranking government and military officials. This lapse of continuity presents our enemies, both foreign and potentially domestic, with an outstanding opportunity to sow havoc and discord among our citizenry. Therefore I have deemed the slow response of our government to quite possibly endanger the continuity and safety of the Confederate States, enacting what I believe shall defend our great country during this trying time.

Let it be known that this decision was universally approved during the Emergency Joint Assembly of Chiefs and Commanding Officers, held earlier today. A stipulation was agreed upon that should the response following my placement be negatively impacting the safety of the country, that I as the newest Head of the Military should act with boldness and without hesitation to preserve our continuity. I have done so and let it be known that the consequences thereof shall forever be on my shoulders, should any be accused or tried against me.

At this time I do not anticipate nor declare the presence of enemies against our great country. Instead it is my intention to ready the military should such a negatively impacting presence be formulating or enacting a response during this trying time. Thank you, and goodnight.
"

The resulting media frenzy has not since died down, with speculations of a military coup being thrown around form every source, including those from the Anagonian News Network. In a quick response to the declarations of power siezed by the military, President Mileethus Canisilus remarked this in an emergency press briefing just thirty minutes prior to the publication of this piece.

"I am well aware of the seizure of power conducted by Chief Admiral Dave Evans, and while I am extremely disappointed the Chief Admiral did not grant me the time to conduct my affairs as Commander in Chief and President in what I believe was a professional and timely fashion, I also understand the necessity and urgency in the Chief Admiral's decision. After consultation with members of the Grand Congress and Vice President Johnson, I will not at this time challenge the authority the Grand Admiral has utilized to assume control over the military apparatus. I will wait a respectful time until I feel the danger has abated, then if the Chief Admiral refuses to withdrawal his decision, I will seek the council of the Supreme Court of the Confederacy."

After the interview, reports and stories are continuing to be ran displaying the overwhelming military presence in both the large cities of the nation as well as across the seas and skies. Some citizens have begun circulation fears that the Chief Admiral is attempting to institute martial law, to sieze private weapons and armaments. Reports of altercations between private citizen militia's and military attachments have begun to circulate through social media and the news, but so far in all events portrayed the military is quick to retreat and back off from the situation. It is safe to say with this growing evidence presented that the military is, at least at this time, not attempting to be in conflict with the citizenry it is sworn to protect.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:03 pm

The Unity Chronicle - Unifying the Compact through the news

TRAGEDY IN THE STATES:
AIRPLANE CARRYING TOP MILITARY OFFICIALS GOES DOWN IN RESIDENTIAL AREA.

By Foreign News Writer Emilia Barra

“In the breaking news hitting Gholgoth, the Unity Chronicle has confirmed the reports coming out of the Confederate States of a developing tragedy.

Earlier today, it was reported by this very same publication that the latest graduating class of one hundred and five cadets from the various branches of the Confederate States military was heading by plane to another military facility after the ceremony. By all reports, they were to be the shining new sons and daughters to help protect the Confederates into their new age and future in the region. Further, they were joined by Chief General Titus Bond of the Confederate States Armed Forces and Head of the Department of the Interior and General Elliott Armstrong, also Head of the Department of Defense, who had concluded their speeches as the graduation and were traveling with the cadets and their security entourage of ten military policemen to Tiberius National Defense Center in the state of Liberty. The escort was completed by two F-22 Raptors flying alongside for protection.

According to our sources in Anagonia, at around 0300 military time, the C-141C Starlifter had reached the air with its escort and was traveling, and it was close to 0600 that trouble had begun. One of the pilots, Major Adam Gorth, had noticed an abnormal tilt to the aircraft; his fellow pilot, Captain Chessia Smiz, had moved in to follow-up on his report of possible smoke and sparks on the left wing. It was at this moment that disaster struck; the wing ripped off, impacting with Captain Smiz’s aircraft, resulting in her death, and further debris struck the Major’s craft, who managed to eject but blacked out from the pressure. Our sources also confirmed that, there is evidence to support that after this the plane separated into three pieces; the pilot and crew areas veered off into the woods, while the rest of the plane and the engine pieces impacted into Truxinix, leading to massive damage and loss of life.

The Anagonian response was swift and disciplined; the blackbox data was recorded and analyzing has begun and rescue operations were swiftly sent to the town, resulting in the recovery of Major Gorth. Even as you read this article, brave men and women of the Confederate States piece through rubble, recovering survivors and finding the pieces of the plane to continue the search for answers. The cost has been high, as five firefighters have lost their lives when one of the ruined buildings shifted while they were inside, leading to their deaths and the deaths of the survivors they were excavating.

A conspiracy theory has emerged, as the Anagonian public mourn and try to process the events of the past few days; a single user, WildChildRifleGuy5567, posted that this was a clear attempt to remove the higher heads of the military. This has spread life wildfire, unfortunately, forcing the head of the crash investigation, Colonel Chang Strong, to deny them in strong, certain terms. A counter push to counter these lies has begun, so it is hoped these vile rumors will fade away. However, the most concerning turn in this story is that of Chief Admiral Dave Evans, Head of the Confederate States Joint Department of Progress, has assumed command of the military; concerns raised by military officials with the Compact military, government and intelligence services had that Anagonia was in a vulnerable and weak stage, with the heads of their military gone and necessary reshufflings going on, and the regional tension at an all time high, someone might try something. It is this publications shock to find that someone was going to be the Chief Admiral himself; the Anagonian military has been raised to DEFCON 2, the highest level of readiness that can be reached during peacetime. Our sources have confirmed that the numbers and activities of aircraft and naval ships have skyrocketed, patrolling the seas and air of their territories and social media reports show many citizens are being activated to report to their duty centers.

Possibly an overstep but considering the developing situation in former Vetalia and the recent attacks on Havensky and the Scandin, a quick response to prevent any quick military attacks seems prudent. However, the Chief Admiral has also activated Article Two of the Articles of the Armed Forces of the Confederacy after a meeting with the Joint Assembly of Chiefs and Commanding Officers, and that despite constant communication with the President and government, he has ‘deemed the slow response of our government to quite possible endanger the continuity and safety of the Confederate States.’

He has stated that he accepts the consequences of this action, of which the Article states are large in the usage of a Military Veto and President Mileethus Cansilius held an emergency press conference stating his disappointment with the Chief Admiral’s decision but his intent to follow protocol and not challenge at this time but was clear he would act if he did not relax the measures once the danger was passed. Scattered reports of confrontations between military forces and private militias and the explosion of concern and fear across social media and news indicate an Anagonian public afraid and confused.
It is this publications stance that, while concerning, the Chief Admiral has followed protocol and the recent revelations about the Kraven Reich indicate a moment of weakness like this is something they would react to, and their nation must be protected. The Anaxes have issued a public statement stating the following:

“We wish the Anagonian government a swift resolution to their crisis and investigation and aid is being prepared as we speak of medical supplies, food, water, and personnel to assist with recovery of survivors and the deceased. We understand the decision and protocol used by the Chief Admiral and only state we trust that he will stand the military back down once the crisis has been averted. Any aid the Compact can give in this endeavor is available, should the Confederate States wish it, so that the continuity of their government and military can be protected; we are allies in this age of tension and no one should withstand the winds of chaos alone.”

This is a developing situation and the Chronicle will have more details when they appear."
Last edited by Telros on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:28 pm

The Cimmerian Sentinel – Expanding individual action through information since the Revolution.

Chaos in the Confederacy? Military actions exacerbate tensions of a disaster

By Antal Jónás

“News reports have dominated Gothic airwaves regarding the recent crisis in the Confederate States. It is already known that over one hundred and eighteen Anagonian men and women, including the Number Two and Three military heads, have perished in a random accident of the C-141C Starlifter as it fell apart in air, killing one of its escort pilots and killing hundreds of civilians in the town of Truxinix. Aid organizations have promised aid and are already organizing air lifts and ships being sent to deliver aid packages of medicine, food, clothing, blankets and other items, private citizen donations have spiked, with the Telrosian Sacerdotium leading efforts to gather and send money over to aid those who have lost family, lost homes, or the worst, funeral services for those who have lost their lives. And the Compact government has promised any aid it can in the service of helping the Confederate States moving past this tragic event.

This is known, and I don’t need to go into much detail; one has a cornucopia of sources to read and watch if they want every gritty detail. It is not the information purely that you seek from me, my readers. No, its my perspective and it is one part of this sad tale I wish to focus on. Chief Admiral Dave Evans.

He is the new head of the Anagonian military, and he has called up the nation to DEFCON 2. For the uninformed, that is the highest level of military mobilization short of a war. So, we have hundreds of thousands of Anagonian citizens, who have *nothing* to do with what’s going on, being forced to reenter the service and be mobilized all over the country. Aircraft not seen in such numbers since their last conflicts are filling the airspace of the States and naval patrols are out in force. All this…for one of their own planes, falling into one of their own towns, killing their own citizens.

Oh yes, for an internal event, they are mobilizing what looks like every damn person that can hold a gun, the reasoning? Oh, they might, they might, get attacked. By who you ask? No answer! Could it be the Compact’s favorite boogeyman, the Reich? Ooh, perhaps the Scandin, never mind that they are busy dealing with the aftermath of the Golden Throne’s invasion. Or perhaps the Blood Pact, who have never even twitched after their blockade threat.

But it’s legal, Antal I can hear you say. I know damn well he activated Article Two of the Armed Forces Articles, which is one of the most ridiculous weaknesses I have ever seen in a national document. The commander of the military, for the uninformed, can issue a Military Veto, overriding the civilian, and mind you, elected, government and further government actions regarding defense are to be handled by him, no one else.

So, we have a military telling the government they were ‘too slow’ in responding to an event that happened a few days ago and citing ‘military defense needs’ have blocked them from making decision only he can make. Sure, they spew some tired lines of ‘accepting consequences’ for doing this, which there had BETTER be some for such a naked grab at power.

Yes, the nation is vulnerable as they try to reorganize. Yes, we have threats in the region we need to aware of. However, has the good Chief Admiral forgotten the Alliance?! The bloated, bureaucratic mess of politics and diplomacy that our tax dollars go to. If any use can be gleaned from it, it would be getting allied help in protecting and guarding. But no, instead he has to mobilize the military for war, do a virtual military coup, which their President is accepting for some reason. We have reports of private militias clashing with the military, by Helios, anyone with eyes can see. Their own citizens are rightfully raging on every platform available to them.

I would be very surprised if the Chief Admiral doesn’t come out with more excuses soon as to why they need to extend or deepen the veto or military presence. We need to keep an eye out for the Anagonian citizens, my readers; if their military goon at the top won’t back down, then we need to support every diplomatic and economic lever we have to support Mileethus’ return to power, and perhaps they will modify that stupid article so nothing like this happens again.

‘I accept the consequences of this action’. How many dictatorial regimes do we see have to rise that state this before we call it what it is before its too late?"

Editor’s Note: I have received a flood of hate, as per usual, but some have come from official government channels. Councilors, bureaucrats, saying I am being too harsh. Too much of our Katonan government is lock and step with the reforms that junta wannabe Adon is trying to push down our throats. You goons have yet to ban our ability to speak and I’m going to use it. You want me to stop? They know where to stick it.

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:37 pm

THE LIBERTY GAZETTE

A PRESIDENTIAL VISIT

James Timberson
September 12th, 105 AUR
D$2.50 Denars(PAID)

As the nation recovers from the aftermath of the Tragedy of Truxinix, the nation ushers itself to move on. Trucking companies from across the nation have prioritized delivering vital supplies to the City of Truxinix, with at one point a twelve mile long backup of long haul trucks starting on CS-20 and all the way on the shoulder of Interstate 40 waiting to enter the city to deliver to various distribution centers. The MIlitary Police were called to provide safe havens for truckers finding themselves out of usable hours, and a grateful town opened their doors to provide spaces across the city. A sense of national unity began to become apparent during those waning hours after crash, each and every Anagonian across the nation coming together to assist the small City of Truxinix after the devastating loss of nearly three-thousand(3000) souls and citizens. In response to the overwhelming show of support from the nation, the Mayor of Truxinix, Paul Wittaher, had this to say.

"Each and every citizen of Truxinix extends their heartfelt gratitude to all of Anagonia, and parts of the world. I have seen packages coming through as far as from the Compact. It is genuinely helping all of us," Mayor Wittaher said through trembling voice and tears, "especially those of us grieving the loss of loved ones, to know that we have you all to thank for helping us during this trying time. We are in your debt."

President Mileethus Canisilus was in Truxinix Friday on the 10th just a day after Mayor Wittaher's heartfelt thanks to the nation and beyond. The President and his staff committed time to visited the recovering city and assessing the rebuilding efforts after the devastation of the crash of the C-141C Starlifter, which killed Chief General' Titus Bond and Chief General Elliot Armstrong. He spent a full day there, assessing the damage with Mayor Paul Wittaher and his staff, as well as comforting citizens and providing moral support for the Military present in the city. Later in the evening of Saturday the 11th, the President held a press meeting in front of the Mayors Office to update the nation on the recovery progress.

"I have heard the stories from citizens in Truxinix involving their personal stories of the horrible events that led up to and after the crash of the C-141C Starlifter, carrying 116 crew and passengers, killing all on board. I am pleased to hear that my call to support was both domestically heeded, and internationally recognized, as I've been told thousands of tons of supplies have come in to help support rebuilding efforts and to provide supplies for those without homes and families following the tragic events. I, as President of these Confederate States, thank all of you as do the citizens of this fine city. Thanks to you, their recovery is flowing well."

Touring the city as one of the President's Staff, General of the Confederate States Military Police Cara Sanchez spoke concerning the investigation into the crash at the press meeting.

"As of this moment during these preliminary stages in our investigation," the General carefully emphasized during her statement, "I can state with eighty-percent certainty that the crash was an accident. We believe, as of this moment, and I stress this can change at any moment due to every new find we come across, that the crash occurred due to structural failure and possibly a poor maintenance routine which was conducted approximately two months prior to the accident according to official records."

When asked to elaborate concerning the mentioning of poor maintenance, General Sanchez elaborated with the following.

We are focusing our efforts on this routine maintenance as it involved repair of the right wing which is stated in both eyewitness and blackbox recordings to have displayed signs of fatigue and possibly damage. At this time, I give this as a preliminary result, not an official conclusion, so therefore no form of discipline or official conclusion shall be handed or given out. We are looking hard for traces of an explosive device and any possible evidence of targeted munitions, anything that could indicate an outside influence. We expect official results by the end of next week.[/i]"

AT the end of the meeting, the obvious question on the state of affairs between the Confederate Military and Government were called into question. In response, the President had this to say.

"It is my official impression that Chief Admiral Dave Evans acted with intent and integrity both in his station as acting Commander in Chief of the Military and in the position placed upon him by his peers. Until the Military Police concludes, without a doubt, that no foreign or domestic force with malicious intent acted to harm our great Confederacy, it is my belief he holds the right of way in terms of Constitutional law. I ask patience from all citizens and government officials, from all soldiers and military personnel. Follow your protocols and follow the established order set forth for this very situation. I assure you that once this investigation is over, we will be able to return to a sense of normalcy if no further actions are required."

Chief Admiral Dave Evans was not available for comment.

AS the President concluded his visit to Truxinix, it was very apparent that the Military had his protection in mind. Several air patrols of both Drekafighters and Raptors could be seen in the area, along with air patrols of Apache and Comanche attack helicopters. The President departed Truxinix at the Truxinix County Airport before sunset, boarding a Presidential Military Police UH-1N Twin Huey with his staff entourage and lifted off with close escort by two Military Police OH-58F Kiowa Warrior's outfitted for close air support. The President arrived several hours later back in Liberty City, where this morning he was kept appraised of the developing situation.

President Canisilus is expected to visit shores of the West Islands sometime next week to personally tour the Navy's newest Super Dreadnought, the Hood-class CSS Sovereign, and give his impression of the mighty warship.
Last edited by Anagonia on Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

The Sentinel - Caesar's Confederacy Conundrum [#1]

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:01 pm

[OOC: The Sentinel is a centre-left major newspaper and online news site. Based upon the The Guardian.]

Opinion: Caesar’s Confederacy Conundrum

The Imperium Antiquum’s entanglement with the Confederate States is an almost fifty-year long tale of trial and error. The latest chapter in the story, however, provides no room for such an approach. With the entire security of Southeastern Gholgoth at risk, will Caesar be able to stop the dark tides from rolling into a bloodthirsty flood?

The Fangthane Palace announced in it’s morning press briefing today that Caesar would be making a five-day state visit to the Confederate States of Anagonia in the coming weeks, with a final itinerary expected to be announced within the next few days, following final agreement between both parties. The briefing detailed that the initial conversation was initiated by the Department of Foreign and Imperial Affairs, which reached out to the Anagonian Embassy in Krytopia two months ago. They expressed an interest to the Anagonian Ambassador, Mr. Issac Spence, for Caesar to make an official state visit; President Mileethus Cansilius has now recently extended the formal invitation.

The briefing stated that: “Caesar was delighted to receive and accept the invitation personally from the Anagonian President during a scheduled phone call. She noted that this would be her first ever visit to the Confederate States, as well as the first in-person meeting between President Cansilius and herself since his election. In many ways, it promises to be an event of historic firsts.” When the press asked if the two had discussed any possible pieces of the itinerary, the Fangthane Palace’s Director of Communications said that while no firm fixtures were agreed, Caesar had apparently expressed her sincere wish to visit the town and people of Truxinix.

Descent into Hell

Two months ago, on the 3rd September, the town and people of Truxinix - a deeply rural town within the Confederal Republic of Plymouth, one of the seven states of the Confederate States, located on the northwest coast - were going about their routines as normal, blissfully unaware of event’s elsewhere. Indeed, living so far away from the hub-bub of the political and economic machinations of the cities was something they were quite fond of. It was not a place that anyone who lived there would consider to be a likely name on the lips of all of Gholgoth any time soon, and they preferred to keep it that way. The looms of fate, however, had decided differently.

The first thread was spun from the West Island Military Complex, far out in the Anagonian Ocean, as a Confederate States Air Force C-141C ‘Starlifter’ - callsign VIPM-992 - departed in the very early hours of Friday morning. On-board were one-hundred and five military recruits from across all four branches of the Confederate States Armed Forces, who had just completed their long and intensive basic training. Accompanying them were two of their top commanders: Chief General Titus Bond and Chief General Elliot Armstrong. Both were powerful and well-respected men in both the military and civilian spheres; Bond was not only Chief General of the Confederate States Armed Forces, but also the Minister of the Interior. Armstrong was also the Minister of Defence. Both were escorted by five seasoned Military Police officers, and VIPM-992 itself was escorted by two F-22 ‘Raptors’, piloted by Major Adam Gorth and his wingmate Captain Chessia Smiz. Taking off at around 0300 Hours Anagonian Standard Time (0100 Hours in Krytopia), everything was green-lighted and proceeding as protocol intended as the flight made its way to its intended destination, the Tiberius National Defence Centre in the State of Liberty.

Three-and-a-half hours later, VIPM-992 would begin to suddenly and violently disintegrate, tumbling towards the small and unsuspecting town of Truxinix. Major Gorth had reported “sparks and smoke” coming from the right wing of the Starlifter, and as his wingmate Captain Smiz moved in closer to get a closer look, the wing snapped off and collided with Smiz’s F-22, killing her instantly. Seconds later, Major Gorth would be forced to eject from his own F-22 due to the debris, destroying his plane and causing him to blackout in the process. Subsequent events - still being properly sequenced together by both military and civilian investigators two months later - unfolded right above the five-thousand residents of Truxinix, caught on their phones and shared widely on social media, right as the screaming metal came crashing down upon them.

Almost immediately upon impact the three-pieces of the fuselage of VIPM-992 that impacted directly upon the town as well as the surrounding woodland sparked fires that would immediately overwhelm the townspeople that were not killed or incapacitated by the impacts themselves. The lethal mix of jet fuel with the surrounding trees, farmland and other forms of combustible materials within the town caused a series of violent explosions that some residents remarked sounded like the distant roar of artillery fire. One resident, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “It started with screaming...high-pitched screaming. Then the ground shook...then the explosions followed. I jolted up out of my chair and looked out the window, and all I could see across the field and into town was a wall of flame stretching up into the dawn…”

The firefighters of Truxinix, all local volunteers with a single fire engine to their name, were divided across town and immediately overwhelmed. Those closest together tried to band up and help quell the flames as best they could, and help escort survivors to some form of safety, but the jet fuel that now covered patches of the ground and earth for miles around helped continue to fuel the flames even as they tried to extinguish them. With help still some time away, the situation quickly began to resemble what one of the remaining firefighters, also wishing to remain anonymous, described as: “A descent into hell.”

By the time help did arrive a few hours later, the casualty count was estimated to be just over nine-hundred - all of the passengers of VIPM-992, Cpt. Smiz and over eight-hundred residents of Truxinix. Within forty-eight hours, with rescue and firefighting efforts still underway, the casualty total reached the two-thousand mark. Overnight, the tranquil town of Truxinix had lost over two-thirds of its residents, families across the nation had lost their loved ones, and the country had lost two of its most senior military figures. The Tragedy of Truxinix, as it has come to be known, was only the beginning of Anagonia’s most recent descent into political turmoil.

Within hours of the news breaking, conspiracy theories began to abound all over Confederate social media - and further abroad across Gholgoth - as to the cause of the disaster. Some speculated that the cause was entirely domestic, a plot to rid the Confederate States of two of its most capable commanders. This faced immediate backlash from others, including the state media and officials themselves, though this only fuelled a new fire that was now beginning to spread all across the nation. While President Cansilius appealed for calm and trust within the process, militias were already beginning to organize themselves from Lexington in the far north to Saratoga in the far south. In the face of a threat that was still yet to be determined as either foreign or domestic, the Joint Assembly of Chiefs and Commanding Officers - the highest body of authority within the Confederate Armed Forces aside from the President himself - convened in an emergency sitting and elected Chief Admiral Dave Evans as the new Chief, replacing the late General Bond. Soon after, Chief Admiral Evans - under the power of Article Two of the Articles of the Armed Forces of the Confederacy, the “Military Veto” - assumed direct control of the Armed Forces and raised the countries readiness level to DEFCON Two.

In a publicly broadcasted statement from an undisclosed location on the evening of September 4th, Chief Admiral Evans appealed for calm and trust in his actions, which he said were unilaterally approved by the Joint Assembly, and that he would accept any consequences when the potential larger threat to the Confederacy had passed. All President Cansilius could do was express his disapproval, stopping far short of enacting the legal processes that would restore supreme command to him. In the interests of maintaining calm and showing some form of a united front, both Chief Admiral Evans and President Cansilius have stated repeatedly that they are in continual contact with the other, and that the process will prove successful in the end. The uncomfortable truth, though, is that the Confederacy is once again teetering on the brink of a political abyss. The consequences of which are already being felt across the region, and no more so than within the halls of the Fangthane Palace.

"Come what may..."

Fifty years ago, the young Confederate States were facing an entirely different crisis. President Forest Holloway - the then seventy-six year old civil war veteran and senior statesman who was entering his sixth year of leadership - was dealing with covert elements both foreign and domestic who sought to undermine the structural integrity of the Confederacy, sowing distrust and division between states and the various strands of the government apparatus. A staunch Federalist, President Holloway believed - contrary to a lot of the staunch orthodoxy of the fledgling nation - that greater centralised power was a “necessary evil” in some cases in order to preserve the peace he and his own generation had fought hard for. Faced with a hostile Congress and even more hostile subversive agents across his government, Holloway found a trustworthy ally in a seemingly unlikely place: retired Dux Imperator Georgius Silvanus.

Georgius - himself a man of venerable character, having led the Imperium to victory against the belligerent Empire of Vetalia and her allies during the Second Great War - was in the final years of his self-imposed “exile” at the Silvanus family’s expansive estate at Minervia (for the benefit of our international readers: Georgius’ was not so much “in exile'' as much he had deliberately withdrawn himself from the court of the Heraclean Caesar, in protest of his use of nuclear weapons to end the Second Great War). While he had removed himself from the political life of Krytopia, he had not removed himself from the wider geopolitical life of Gholgoth; indeed, he used his connections remaining at home to make connections further abroad, and one of those was President Holloway.

The retired Dux Imperator was put in contact with the Anagonian President through allies and connections within the Department of Foreign and Imperial Affairs (despite the Imperium’s policy of isolationism at the time, which Georgius was a vocal opponent of, Foreign and Imperial Affairs did maintain embassies in several Gothic states). From there the two began to correspond regularly, bonding over their shared war experiences and appreciation for strong leadership. Georgius gave informal counsel to Holloway, advising him to continually make his case for further centralised authority not to his fractious government, but to the people directly. “The Anagonian people put their trust in you, Forest. Trust in them to follow you, come what may.” So reads one line of a rare public piece of their correspondence, currently displayed in the Holloway Presidential Library.

While their friendship was genuine, the people’s Dux Imperator was equally conscious of the significance of Anagonia’s geopolitical position in Southeastern Gholgoth. As one of the critical sea-lanes for global trade into the region, the Confederacy’s largest strength was (and still is) its role in commerce and the protection of such, therefore the state's continued stability was (and still is) directly tied to the fortunes - both financially and otherwise - of the wider Gothic region. As Georgius had ambitions of seeing the Imperium fulfilling a much more active role in Gothic and global affairs, partnering with a strong Confederate Republic was in his - and thus, the Imperium’s and wider region’s - interests.

Two years later, following the death of the last Heraclean Caesar and his ascension to the Mandate of Avaris via the popular support of the Imperial Senate, the newly crowned Caesar was quick to transform his ambitions into reality. Inviting his friend and now peer President Holloway to Krytopia - the first official visit of a foreign head of state to the capital in over half a century - the two would go on to sign the First Libertas Naval Treaty, which expressed the Imperium’s firm commitment to the naval security of Southeastern Gholgoth, as well as the Confederacy’s dominion of said seas and national sovereignty. Within the latter clause however was one commitment that at the time was initially overlooked: a commitment to help develop Anagonian intelligence and surveillance infrastructure. The assumption was among pundits at the time that this was purely within the realm of naval intelligence; later it would become clear that this was not the case.

Contrary to the titular focus of the Libertas Naval Treaties, their design was always meant to align the interests of the Imperium Antiquum and Confederate States so as to give Caesar the ability to effectively intervene in the event of a significant crisis in Anagonia or wider Southeastern Gothic area. Therefore, the integrity of Anagonia itself was vital, and so Caesar committed resources, training and logistical support to the establishment of what would soon become known as the Confederate States Intelligence Agency (CSIA). In return for this and recognition of its naval dominance in Southeastern Gholgoth, the Confederate States gave preferential tariff exemptions to the Imperium Antiquum, as well as helping to bolster its trade portfolio in Gholgoth and further afield. The now regrowing and modernising Caesar’s Imperial Navy was also granted the right to establish a base of operations on Jamestown Island, just off the northern coast of the Commonwealth of Lexington. Apart from a number of fishing communities there, it had plenty of free space to develop and a growing population in need of jobs, so it was a win-win for both parties. Caesar would visit the island, and the wider Confederacy thereafter, to consecrate the opening of what would become Arx Drakonia three years later. Both this, and the junior CSIA becoming fully operational, went some way to improve President Holloway’s position and the wider stability of the Confederacy.

By the time of President Holloway’s death to natural causes in 1979, the relationship between the Imperium Antiquum and Confederate States was exceedingly healthy. When Caesar Georgius the Wise returned into the arms of the Mother in 1985, to be succeeded by his son the Caesar Kain Silvanus, the relationship was reaffirmed with the signing of the Second Libertas Naval Treaty, which saw the expansion of Arx Drakonia to include space for marine and other land-based forces to be based on Jamestown Island. Caesar Kain was as committed to his father’s ideals, but enacted that through his own preference for hard power, seen through his commitment of the Imperium’s forces to the Mian Civil War and a combination of other regional and external conflicts during his reign. The expansion of Arx Drakonia was a sworn commitment: should conflict come to the Confederate States, Caesar’s Legions would be swift to respond.

Despite this seemingly smooth progression and development of the Imperium-Confederate alliance, it has not always been so straightforward. Due to the factional and sometimes unpredictable nature of the Confederate political system - even with the bolstering efforts of the CSIA and other centralised initiatives to keep things somewhat more cohesive - there have been times where the relationship, while always friendly, hasn’t always been the easiest to navigate. Caesar cannot negotiate with the President alone; they often had to weigh up the whims of Congress, the states themselves, and the Confederate Military. While divergences have only been widest on mostly marginal or purely domestic issues in the decades since the First Libertas Naval Treaty, the political and social environment has taken a rather sharp turn in recent years.

The truth is, the black clouds still hanging over Truxinix were only the start, and there may be no immediate end in sight.

Stemming the Tide

It’s easy to speculate, but hard to accurately determine, what Caesar today may be hoping to achieve from her upcoming state visit to the Confederate States, let alone what she may be able to accomplish from dealing with a state that seems more and more at war with itself in recent years. With the growing inevitability of conflict with the Kraven Reich in the coming decade, and the distinct possibility of retaliation against the Alliance from the Scandinvan Empire following the punitive campaign of the Golden Throne of Greater Dienstad, Southeastern Gholgoth’s security and integrity is critical, now more than ever before. The Imperium’s stratagems risk being undone should the situation in the Confederate States continue to disintegrate further. Even two months on from the Tragedy of Truxinix, we’re still no wiser as to what truly happened, and just three days ago a terrorist attack in Fairwater Rapids in the Commonwealth of Saratoga claimed the lives of fifty protesters and fifteen policemen, a retaliation of Orthodox extremists against a protest in support of non-human lives.

One can imagine that Caesar hopes her appearance - in the light of these growing terrorist incidents and the general unease around the Confederate States - will help show the Alliance’s and the Imperium’s unwavering commitment to the beleaguered nation and her people. No doubt her desire to visit what remains of the town and people of Truxinix is to put truth to her words which she released two months ago following the first news stories of the tragedy: “My heart breaks for the townspeople of Truxinix and all of Anagonia at this harrowing time. I am committed, in the name of the Alliance, my people and my forebears, to seeing a swift resolution to this crisis. We will be prepared to support the Confederate States, come what may.” - those last three words a deliberate echo of her grandfather's words to President Holloway.

It’s also imaginable that one of the key focuses of her trip will be an attempt to bridge the current gulf that appears to be widening between the political and military spheres of the Confederacy, which with every passing day and new incident, threatens to become wider and thus more volatile. In this, Caesar may have to depend on how much she is able to reach out to Anagonian’s themselves, let alone gain the trust and respect of the Chief Admiral and the Joint Assembly. While the latter is certainly not something hard to come by for Caesar, the former will be a real test: these are shell-shocked and anxious people, rightfully scared though committing themselves to greater harm through a system that abets further division and distrust during times of crisis. While that is not something Caesar can fix - only the Anagonian people can do that - she can at least stabilise the Anagonian’s wound and prevent further bleeding.

Otherwise, the whole Southeastern Gholgoth Sea could be awash with the blood of more innocents when war inevitably descends.
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Peninsular
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Peninsular » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:33 am

OOC: The Arctic Messenger is a mock news organization run by the Federal military in collaboration with the Territory's civilian administration. Its sole purpose is to uphold the facade of the isolationist 'Zneyvind Federation'. As such, almost all of the supposedly Zneyvinder persons and organizations appearing in it are fictional.

The Arctic Messenger

Independent news from Iskstadt for 40 years.

Sports - Kaltfront Klirrdorf accuses FEF chief referee of 'favoritism' in latest scuffle with ESC Hellenberg

[zpa] Klirrdorf. Tensions flare up once again in perhaps the oldest rivalry in iceball as the sports director Opp of this year's League runner-up Kaltfront Klirrdorf referred to FEF chief ref Vallenherd as a 'biased cheat' once again. The controversy began during Klirrdorf's latest match against their long-time rival, ESC Hellenberg, whose team emerged victorious from a long and arduous match with a three point lead due to a controversial referee decision in the 56th minute. Even though a victory would not have affected Klirrdorf's position in any way, the club seems to have taken this as an indication of bias. Several players and fan community leaders fired shots at the FEF as well as their rivals in Hellenberg following Opp's statements. "This just proves once again that the Kaltfront are sore losers!", ESC manager Frigo told our sports correspondent in response to these accusations. "But if they want to start an investigation into the ref's decision, that's fine by us - they should see that their claims are nothing but a farce!" As a result of fears that the situation may serve to agigate both fanbases, the FEF has requested riot police to be deployed as security for the two rivals' next match in... Read more.

International - Truxinix disaster in the Anagonian Confederacy kills 2000

[zpa] Iskstadt. The crash of a military aircraft over the town of Truxinix in the Anagonian Confederacy has, according to sources within the Foreign Ministry, claimed over two thousand lives, both military and civilian. The disaster occured when the aircraft apparently broke up in mid-air, although there is yet no clear conclusion over what caused this. According to sources within the Foreign Ministry, current theories range from sabotage to bad maintenance, without any confirmation; across Gholgoth's social media networks, speculation is similarly rampant.

As a reaction to the disaster, which killed two high-ranking Confed military officers, Anagonian military forces have been placed on high alert. The new Chief of the Confederate Armed Forces, Admiral Evans, has taken direct control of the military through a legal move known as a "Military Veto". Despite being a controversial decision and seen by some as a danger to the country's political stability, the Confed President Cansilius has not yet intervened. When asked by the Messenger, the Foreign Ministry's press department stated that the government and military are 'monitoring the situation carefully'.

In a short joint statement put out by the Federal Cabinet's Office, Chancellor Hille and Field Marshal Gelsenberg had this to say: "We express our deepest condolences to the Confederate States of Anagonia for the tragic loss of so many lives. The Federation will be regarding the results of the disaster's investigation with interest, though we hope that the shock of the tragedy will not lead to rushed conclusions." When asked whether there were any concerns that the move by Evans could endanger the Confed's internal stability, both declined to comment. Read more.
Last edited by The Peninsular on Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
10000 Islands

The Constitutional Federation of the Peninsular is an FT nation.

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:30 pm

THE LIBERTY GAZETTE

IT WAS NO ACCIDENT

James Timberson
November 20th, 105 AUR
D$2.50 Denars(PAID)

Just as the nation is reeling from the rise in terrorist activity within its borders, Chief Admiral Dave Evans surpised the nation further with a nationwide broadcast from the Joint Command Center in Liberty City. Around 1645 Hours Anagonian Central Time this evening, the nations television stations were interrupted with an important announcement from the Acting Chief General of the Confederate States Armed Forces. Dave Evans, who has not been openly seen in public since a week after the Tragedy in Truxinix, appeared before the nation as the leading broadcasting services interrupted regularly scheduled programming for what was deemed a matter of national importance. He appearance was run-down, ragged, and overall in a state of disarray while his uniform was crisp and professional. The following is a video transcript of the special announcement.

"My Fellow Anagonian's. It has been two months, two weeks, and three days since we lost two of the most important figures in our government and military command structure. During a routine trip from West Island to mainland Anagonia, on board were one-hundred and five newly graduated cadets, a flight crew and pilots, and Chief General's Elliot Armstrong and Titus Bond. However, that was not all who was on board.

The official story of the events that transpired that was presented to you, my fellow citizens, as well as to everyone in the international community, is mostly accurate. After the initial crash and the quick response of the government concerning the aftermath, it was decided by the President, myself, and after consulting with the Joint Assembly of Chiefs and Commanding Officers, that an government-sanctioned report of events be produced and distributed. This story is the one which has been run across the nation as well as the international community. It was done to protect the secrecy and purpose of the flight as well as the privacy of the Chief General's and their staff. I will now reveal the full story.

On the morning of September 3rd, Chief General's Elliot Armstrong and Titus Bond had just concluded a series of meeting of national importance which are irrelevant to this report at this time. What is not irrelevant is that they personally conducted and escorted representatives from the Christian Separatists Community of Southwave as well as representatives from the Anagonian Scandinvan Orthodoxy Church and Community. These talks were conducted originally due to the background of Chief General Bond, whom was born from a family which resided within the Southwave Community, and Chief General Armstrong due to his religious ties with Scandinvan Orthodoxy. At the times of these talks, there were no indications of rising tensions or hostilities and these talks were to act as an unofficial preliminary to further official government diplomatic negotiations.

On board Flight VIPM-992 were two representatives, one from each of these religious communities, and furthermore on board were the families and children of both Chief General's. It can be revealed now that the purpose of our two top military leaders on the same flight was, in fact, because their son and daughter respectively had recently graduated and they had been requested to escort them for final processing. From my own personal communique with Chief General Armstrong, the flight was intended to be a 'two-birds-with-one-stone' ordeal to effectively transport both parties to their proper destination. The remainder of the flight were graduating cadets of the same class, as well as the stated flight crew and pilots.

With this information divulged, I will now state the results of the investigation. After extensive investigation, which much of it is ongoing, the Military of the Confederate States as well as the Confederate National Intelligence Agency and the Confederate National Bureau of Investigation, with great help from the Confederate National Department of Transportation, have concluded that the destruction of flight VIPM-922 was not an accident. It was, in fact, sabotage. Evidence has been found both from online sources and offline hard drives acquired during this investigation, as well as black box records that directly reference specific events and directives, that conclude the representative from the Christian Separatists Community of Southwave had been carrying a bomb on board that went undetected from normal procedures and checks. This bomb is suspected to have been carried by the suspected individual either on board or placed on the exterior of the aircraft to specifically cause the damage and disintegration that happened on September 3rd in the skies above Truxinix.

My fellow Anagonian's, due to these findings and conclusions found by this investigation at this preliminary juncture, I have with the Presidents approval declared a state of Martial Law. In the following days I and the President will make announcements detailing the curfew to be put into place as well as procedures necessary to maintain law and order. During this time, the Military Police will begin operations to crack down on terrorist Southwave elements as well as the Confederate Military taking the appropriate next steps in containing and permanently taking care of this threat. I ask your patience during this time and thank you for your cooperation."

This unprecedented announcement is the first of its kind in all the history of the Confederate States. Details of the extent of this declaration of Martial Law, as well as citizen responses, will be forthcoming. Until then, stay vigilant citizens.

Anagonia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Anagonia » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:10 pm

THE CONFEDERATE TIMES

CAESAR SILVANUS VISITS ANAGONIA TO START MULTI-DAY STATE VISIT

Olympia Chondroti
Confederate Times Senior Political Analyst
November 28th, 105 AUR
D$8.50 Denars(PAID)

Early on Sunday morning, the massive state aircraft of the Ancient Empire that ferries its Caesar around the globe - officially named "Caesar One" or affectionately termed "The Beast" - arrived in Anagonian airspace just a hundred nautical miles off the shores of West Island. There it was met with an escort of twelve F-21B Drekafighters from the 1st SeaDrake Wing launched from the Anagonia-class Strike Carrier CSS Defiance in what the Military stated was an, "expected hand-off of escorts". Shortly after arriving near the mainland, the twelve F-21B Strike Fighters from the 1st SeaDrake Wing commenced a hand-off to elements of the 21st Confederal Air Guard Wing from the Confederal Republic of Plymouth, consisting of twenty F-60A Hekate Stealth Fighters. The flight plan of "Caesar One" had been prearranged and agreed beforehand to follow a line from the Territory of the West Islands to eastward, where it would turn south into Lexington airspace and into Arkansis, turning westward to prepare for landing in the Confederal Republic at the Plymouth International Airport.

"We have Caesar One"

The report from the 21st Confederal Air Guard Wing came in crisp and clear around 0730 Hours Anagonian Time. The words were spoken by Major Cali Wilkins, leader of the 21st Confederal Air Guard Wing, whom went on to recite from a prepared speech on public airwaves as the news media listened in. The speech began in as "Caesar One" and her Plymouthian Air Wing escorts passed over the borders between the Commonwealth of Lexington into the Republic of Arkansis.

"It is with great honor that we of the 21st Confederal Air Guard Wing have been assigned as your escorts as you enter these Confederate States of Anagonia," Major Wilkins stated in her speech to the Caesar. "Caesar Silvanus, I and many of my colleagues as well as those listening to this message, recognize you as a wise and strong example of just how far a woman may reach to achieve not only her dreams but also her goals. Many Anagonians look up to your example, especially those of us striving through obstacles of gender equality in these modern times. While Anagonia has been a beacon such equality, there are still struggles persistent, and we the daughters of this land look up to your example as a way to move beyond discrimination and reach across the gap to achieve true merit and equality. I know, for myself, that you have been a heavy and inspiring example that has helped me to my achievements. We of the 21st Confederal Air Guard Wing thank you sincerely, Caesar, and welcome you formally to the Confederate States."

The prepared speech, approved ahead of time by the Confederate Military and reviewed by both delegations, was suggested by Major Cali Wilkins herself in relations to the continued struggle of women across the world. The Confederate States of Anagonia stands among the top 25% in the world for its active policies on both civil rights for minorities as well as gender equality, which a prime example is of the males and females sharing equal responsibilities in the Military without discrimination. It was not always like this, however, as age-old traditions of discrimination had ebbed into the wider culture of Anagonia following the collapse of the United Republic and the rise of the Confederate States. It has been well documented that President Tiberius Samsus, Uniter of the divided Anagonia and 1st President of the Confederacy, worked tirelessly to include languages of equality in the laws being formed around that time for both humans and non-humans. It wasn't until the 2nd President of the Confederate States, President Arnold Jefferson, that actual pushes for gender equality were realized between the sexes. These laws would mature under subsequent Presidents, eventually blossoming under the 7th President of the Confederate States, President Forest Holloway.

In a twist of historical coincidences, both President Jefferson and President Holloway had diplomatic engagements with the Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia. President Jefferson was the initiator of "soft" diplomatic channels with the Ancient Empire, going so far as to send a few formal inquiries. At the outbreak of the Second Gothic War, President Jefferson signed a lend-lease agreement which bolstered the already growing military industry in Anagonia and assisted the Ancient Empire with light arms shipments and supplies during the war. However, despite the agreements, the Confederate States under President Arnold Jefferson was adamantly neutral during the war. It wasn't until President Forest Holloway took office that the "receptive" relations between the Ancient Empire and the Confederate States warmed considerably, with a resigning of the lend-lease agreement on an as-needed basis as well as the establishment of agreements that would permit the construction of Arx Drakonia, a huge Kylarnatian Naval Base, on Jamestown Island just north of the Confederal Republic of Plymouth. Relations since that critical juncture in the histories of the Confederacy and the Empire have maintained what the governments of both nations see as a, "steady and firm partnership".

"Caesar One Has Landed Safely"

The report of the safe landing of "Caesar One" from Major Wilkins marked the end of the official escort by the 21st Confederal Air Wing Guard as the twenty escorting F-20A Hekate Stealth Fighters would split off into formations of five following wheels on the ground from the large aircraft ferrying the Imperial Caesar. Plymouth International Airport was chosen as the initial airport to land at due to its considerably long main runway, which could in an emergency be used as a launch and landing point for military transport aircraft. The landing of "Caesar One" went off without a hitch and the large aircraft taxied slowly off the main runway and onto a special quarantined area of the airport, where a special terminal and tarmac had been constructed just for this visit. Plymouth International Airport had been shut down for the landing of "Caesar One", inundated with the heavy military presence of both the Confederal Republic Militia and the Confederate States Military. After the successful landing of "Caesar One", parts of the International Airport were opened up again and civilian air traffic resumed, albeit at a much lower capacity due to the stately visit. Much of the normal traffic was temporarily shifted over to Gorrith International Airport to the north of Plymouth International.

At around the time of the taxi of the large "Caesar One", the President of the Confederate States arrived via the Presidential C-40B transport affectionately and officially named "Sky House" due to its refitted interior for the President and staff which includes various amenities for comfort and workspace. "Sky House" was escorted by a squadron of four F-22 Raptors and eight F-21A Drekafighters, all of which split off upon landing of the C-40B and began to maintain a patrol in the skies above Plymouth International Airport. In the distance, visible on many of the live news feeds showcasing the historic diplomatic visitation, several squadrons of RAH-66A Comanche's could be seen arriving and splitting off to begin a patrol of their own. Not as visible on the feeds were the various and numerous Militia and Confederate Military ground positions, whose soldiers manned both anti-air and armored positions in preparation to retaliate against any possible terrorist threat as well as provide protection for the two Heads of State at the International Airport.

The Arrival and Ceremony

Suspense began to build as the sun rose higher in the morning sky above Plymouth International Airport. As the two aircraft of the Heads of State came to taxi and halt in a prearranged position near one another on an open tarmac in front of the newly constructed terminal, Confederate and Militia Military Vehicles began to surround the vicinity of the aircraft as they escorted the press in position for the expected press conference a short distance away. All eyes were on the Caesar's behemoth of an aircraft, however, as murmurs and a tense silence engulfed the press and live coverage cameras focused on "Caesar One" in its parked position. It's rear was facing toward the meeting area on the tarmac and, only a scant few minutes later, the rear of the behemoth opened to reveal a ramp. At the same time this happened, the side door on the C-40B "Sky House" opened to permit departure for the Confederate President and delegation.

All eyes were on the rear ramp of "Caesar One", however, as emerging from the then positioned ramp were Caesar's Guard - veteran warriors of the Caesar's Imperial Armed Forces who are hand-selected to serve as her own personal troop and guard - who would then march out in two parallel lines of five before a stunned and awed press audience. Pelts of various animals decorated the fantastic armor of these professional guardsmen, ranging from crocodile hides to tiger pelts, and on their sides they carried a unique type of sword called a rhomphaia. The first guardsman among them emerged holding a Vexilloid of the Caesar.

At the same time as this transpired, several Confederate Military Policemen would depart the C-40B in formation as they prepared the way for the departure of the President. Two Confederate Marines stationed with the arriving escorting military force, demonstrating keen professionalism and skill, would grab a large roll of red carpet and begin to roll it out from the point of the press briefing podiums for the two Heads of State down toward the middle point between the two aircraft parked a short ways away. They would quickly grab the roll for the carpet and march back toward the podiums, where'd they would resume their guard to either side of it. The 5th Confederal Milita Band would take up formation to the sides of the red carpet, flags and all prepared as four Military Policemen would station the flags of the Ancient Empire, the Confederate States, and the Confederal Republic near the Podiums. President Mileethus Canisilus and First Lady Auristi Canisilus, tall and imposing above most in the crowd around him due to the Komodrens natural height, would take up positions on their side of the beginning of the red carpet as they were paid respects by the Caesar's Guard. The Guardsmen from the Caesar would take up positions along the carpet as events proceeded during the historic visit.

Vestals of the Sacerdotium Faith would proceed past Caesar's Guard and take up positions similar to those presented by the 5th Confederal Militia Band, and both musical elements would begin to play the "Coming of the Caesar" as the Kylarnatian Head of State prepared to depart her aircraft. Unlike the 5th Confederal Militia Band, whom were professionally dressed in dress uniforms, the Vestals wore extremely colorful garments that displayed a wide array of beauty to the viewing audience as well as adorned majestic jewelry befitting of their faith. They were overall unique in appearance, contrasting to their professional militia counterparts. The music played by both bands, however, was equally majestic.

All eyes were once again on "Caesar One" as Caesar Silvier Catherina Silvanus IV stood at the exit of the aircraft, closely escorted by portions of her guard. She would take everything in, the press and live networks getting a good view of her natural beauty and poise. Thereafter she would depart, walking down the ramp as each step fell in line with the tempo of the music played by both the Vestals and Militia Band. Caesar Silvanus wore for her arrival a professionally made, and quite modern suit similar to those worn by many women in Anagonian politics. On her head was adorned a golden band of angel wings around her head, similar to a crown of her station, and around her neck was adorned a choker with a silver dragon trying to devour a diamond.

Following closely behind her was the tall and imposing figure of Dux Imperator Hyperion. His armor was similar to that of the Caesars Guard, though it was noticeably different with a more striking visage of power projected from each plate and glyph marked on its surface. Many of the news cameras would switch between President Canisilus and the Dux Imperator, with commentators sounding off about just how tall the armored Hyperion was compared to the Komodren Head of State. There was easily a clear foot difference between the two, with the President coming in at a steady seven feet tall and the Dux Imperator at a solid eight feet. For the briefest of moments, even the expression of the President and his Wife was struck by the imposing visage of the armored giant - but only briefly, as their eyes lingered briefly then back to the Caesar who was quickly approaching them. Despite the Dux Imperator's mysterious lineage as the Protector of the Caesar's - Caesar's constant Shadow in many of the stated lore - his presence would be detracted considerably simply by the fanfare given to the Caesar herself. Being such a popular figurehead of state for many of the civil rights movements in Anagonia, as revealed specifically the greeting from the Major, it was evident during the ceremony that she was the center of all attention for those briefest of moments during her formal arrival and appearance.

Caesar Silvanus and President Canisilus formally met in the middle of the gap between their two transporting aircraft. During the brief exchange visible to the press, it was clear that the First Lady had taken a considerable liking to the Caesar and essentially gushed over her presence. While no words were audible due to the lack of microphone coverage, it was clear that the topic of attire was a main center of attention for the First Lady. The President, to his credit, stood by his wife after formally shaking the Caesar's hand and gave supportive nods and gestures. During this exchange, the other members of the Kylarnatian delegation assisted with handing out press packs that detailed the list of events. There was a period of around five minutes given to the Heads of State for a brief introduction and exchange before the arrival ceremony continued.

Anthems and Conclusion of Ceremony

When initial formalities came to a close, a simple drumbeat gave signal to the Heads of State that the ceremony was continuing. It was apparently a polite gesture, made and conducted by the 5th Confederal Militia Band, as the initial stages of the Ancient Empires anthem began to play in earnest. The flag of the Ancient Empire was prominently displayed as the anthem was sung, giving praise and justice to the arrival of the Caesar. Once completed, the Caesar was directed onward up the red carpet to her podium with matching Imperial Seal on her podium and National Flag beside it. Her delegation, which included her Caesar's Guard, the Dux Imperator, and the Vestals were all allowed to reorganize themselves appropriately. The media watched in earnest as this majestic fall-out and form-up took place.

The 5th Confederal Militia Band then began to tap to the beginning notes of the National Anthem of the Confederate States began to play. A vocal was provided by members of the 5th, the beautiful symphony providing the opening to allow the President and First Lady to station themselves at the beginning of the red carpet. They waited patiently, the anthem coming to a close as half a second later in line with the perfectly choreographed proceedings the Militia Band began to sound off with an Anagonian variation of "Hail to the Chief!". The anthem of the office of the Confederate Presidency came to a close exactly as the President and First Lady stepped up to the first steps to reach their podium.

The two leaders would then stand side-by-side as the anthems would conclude with the Confederal Republic National Anthem. Military Police would then arrive on the stage housing the podiums to properly rearrange the flags behind each leader, followed by a brief time in which both leaders began to talk among themselves.

Greetings and Press

The press portion of the historic visitation began in earnest as the time reached 0830 Anagonian local time. The military presence was still heard and felt by the crowd of press, delegations, and military personnel as occasionally a gunship or aircraft would closely zoom by along an assigned patrol route. Both the Caesar and President would initiate their greetings to the press and nation then, discussing briefly their hopes for the multi-day visit as well as their expectations of what they wanted to achieve. It was a short diversion from the real juice of the event - the questions and answers to the press. Included below is an arrangement of both formal questions presented by the press and the answers provided by each Heads of State.

1.) What is your take on then security situation in the CSA?

"As your committed ally and friend, I have been keeping a close eye on the security situation within the Confederate States. While I am concerned by the substantial threat currently posed by threats both foreign and domestic, I am confident in both the Confederate government and military's abilities to counter these threats. And you're not alone, for rest assured that I am prepared to commit whatever necessary to ensure the preservation of your homeland and her many peoples."

2.) Is the Empire currently dealing with the same type of religious terrorism we are?

"As of this moment in time, my Imperial Security Council has yet to identify any risk of high-level threats the likes of which that have currently been sustained by the Confederate States or other countries like the Compact of Telros. However, we are aware this is still a developing situation and thus we remain extremely vigilant."

3.) What is religious tolerance like in your country?

"The Imperium guarantees the religious freedom of all its citizens and residents, and I as supreme custodian of the Sacerdotium faith am committed to making sure that we are the standard-bearers for religious tolerance. The Sacerdotium's priestesshood works diligently to support and maintain constructive dialogues with all other faith-leaders in the Imperium and her dominions. It is only when those faith-leaders reject our embrace, and actively promote harm towards others - or even themselves - that we seek to intervene and put an end to it before discord can ensue."

4.) What do you think of non-humans like our President? Did you hear the report of the warehouse find of the dead bodies and if so what is your take on the non-human genocide by Scandinvan terrorists?

"What do I think of President Canisilus? Since this is our first in-person meeting, at least let a girl get to know him first." - cue a smile and pause as laughter erupts from the Kylarnatian retinue and press in the room - "I think all sentient beings are deserving of respect and compassion, and should be seen as intelligent, thoughtful beings in their own right. So to answer the second part of your question: what happened in Fairwater Rapids was not only a tragedy, but a gross crime against sentient life that must be answered for. My heart breaks for those who were lost and those who have been left behind by them; may the Mother embrace them."

5.) Why are your military personnel dressed so fancy?

She smiles. "It's true that we Kylarnatians have a taste for pomp and ceremony. My guard are dressed in their ceremonial standard..." - She gestures over to one of them, and with a beckoning of one of her fingers, prompts them to come over and present themselves to the assembled press and cameras. They do the traditional Kylarnatian salute, pounding their chest with their right hand closed in a fist.

"...these men and women are the finest veterans of all my Armed Forces. Their armour reflects their many battles as well as their origins and traditions. Each one telling a slightly different story from the last. Stories that have been told for millennia. We are an ancient and storied people, and so wear them proudly. For within them are an immortal and unending strength."

6.) What is the state of Anagonian/Kylarnatian relations?

"Ever since my grandfather first visited the Confederacy over half a century ago, the relationship between our two great nations has only grown stronger since then. Today, I feel we stand at an important evolution in both our histories, and I am determined for us to see through this next transition together as key strategic allies. So I have come here to reaffirm my grandfather's and father's original commitments, as well as make new ones, so as to respond to the challenges of this fast-changing world we live in."

1) What are your main hopes for this state visit?
"Ever since the Caesar proposed this visit, I have been joyful and excited. I hope that this visit will reaffirm the Anagonian ideals of peaceful diplomacy, despite our national crisis, and provide our citizens a way to look beyond the threats and know that we as a country are still strong. The Caesars presence here proves this true as we go about reaffirming decades old relations. My sincerest and most deepest hope is that this all, stated before, shall be a resounding success."

2) How do you feel about Anagonian-Kylarnatian relations, and what do you think lies ahead?
"I believe that the Confederacy has, over the decades, grown more independent and - dare I say - isolationist since the establishment of formal relations with the empire under President Forest Holloway. We have, over time, come to a point of stabilization in our diplomacy with one another and I feel that the lack of state visits has perhaps justified that. Now that the Caesar has taken the lead in reestablishing ties, I believe we can justify a newer perspective and reaffirmation of our closer relationship as allies."

3) What is the Confederate State's opinion towards the threat of the Kraven Reich?
"Would it surprise you to know we have an embassy exchange with the Reich? It's true. Our dialogue with the Reich is very simplistic and borders on simple diplomacy. I feel though that this dialogue has been key in establishing an understanding of sorts, though beyond that we have had little else in dialogue despite talks of possible future relations. With this in mind, we are fully aware of the atrocities committed by the Reich in their March to progress. While we understand these crimes, we also understand every nation has a natural evolution and flow. The Confederacy has taken a position of neutrality in aggression towards the Reich and rather we seek to further our diplomatic goals instead of seeking any possible wars."

4) How would you describe your relationship with Chief Admiral Dave Evans?
"To be perfectly honest, Chief Admiral Dave Evans and myself have had a strained professional relationship since the start of my Presidency. It wasn't until the crisis of losing two valuable military officials and close friends that it came to a possible boiling point. What I can say is that conflict among Anagonians is a natural progression of mutual understanding and resolutions. While we did disagree, we worked together in our time of joint disagreement and I as President stood by the Chief Admirals decisions for the betterment of Anagonia. I have since, I feel, been justified in that trust I gave. As of this press meeting, Chief Admiral Evans will soon be promoted to Chief General. My Presidency, which was legally undermined for the security of the nation, has been restored to full authority. The Chief Admiral and I will be working very closely from here on and I feel our relationship as friends has been secure because of our mutual trust and understanding."

5) What are your first impressions of the Caesar?
"My first impressions of the Caesar was my email, I am afraid to say. Though I would be remiss to state anything else other than that I found her conversations enjoyable and her personality welcoming. Now that we've met and had a first initial time to talk, I find it a true honor to meet her and get to know her better. I think it's no wonder that President Holloway found common ground with the Kylarnatians with the display the Caesar has out forth. In truth, I am both stunned and very pleased, all in one."

The Conclusion

With the final question answered, the press was escorted away from the two Heads of State as they conducted a private question and answering session of their own for fifteen minutes. Cameras kept rolling during that time but, afterward, were escorted off property for security reasons as the two Heads of State began to depart in a motorcade as it pulled up alongside the podiums. The motorcade was made up of several high-end SUV's, no doubt military grade and armored, and escorted by several LAV's. The historic visitation concluded with the motorcade, being joined up by Military Police cars at the exit, was escorted onto the main roadway and toward their next destination - likely a place of rest and respite for the Caesar who had traveled so far.

According to the Confederate Military Police, the location at which the Caesar is being given stay is kept classified for security reasons. However it is reported that both the Caesar and the President will be situated near one another for the benefit of the visitation. It has been reported by the President during the initial Press Conference that Vice President Franklin Johnson has taken up temporary authority of the Presidency during the visitation to allow the President and First Lady, "ample time to give the Caesar the attention a friend and ally deserves".
Last edited by Anagonia on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents