NATION

PASSWORD

♞ Dynasties ♞ [CLOSED][REBOOTING IC][NATION WAR RP]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 am

Do tag.
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon May 27, 2019 2:50 am

Essential Details

Name: Serina Devastin-York

Appearance: Serina is far from being someone that the average individual would be attracted to, at least without more than a glance. pale, almost deathly white skin shaped around a diamond shaped face sitting, atop a frame standing at a statuesque 183 cm. Black arched eyebrows situated in a way that would indicate either fury or agony. Heart shaped lips either pulled into a frown or a yell, teeth within well maintained despite the suggested lifestyle. A scar running from the right cheekbone back to the right ear lobe either healed improperly or was never sutured, leaving a good 3 mm line running across the woman's face. A spiderweb of scars arrayed across her scalp from shattered glass hidden by neck length raven black hair.

Two eyes, the right an pale turquoise, the window to the could giving more information in an instant than days of conversation ever could, pain, suffering, regret, and curiosity echoes from the black pit within. The other 'eye' if it could even be called such anymore. On a good day, all that would be seen is an eyepatch situated over an eyesocket that had obviously been burned brutally out, spider's veins webbing up across the brown and down the cheek. On worse days, a lumpy mishappen mass that could not earnestly be called an eye socket, foul smelling and even more foul to behold, weeping fluid of many a manner and without any regard for healthy lifestyles.

A canvas of skin is weathered by many manner of blade and puncture scars, as well as mysterious patterns and phrases in long dead languages seemingly etched into her flesh. A physically taxing regimen of work, as well as a nigh crippling alcohol addiction has lead to a build that is obviously athletic, yet notably at risk of giving way to an unhealthy habit of drinking.

Sexuality: Asexual

Build: 6'0, 157 lbs

Legacy

Allegiance: Grand Duke Marcellus Argenta

Profession: Personal Bodyguard for Prince Caius Antonius Argenta

Background: Serina can trace her immediate lineage to the Arcanian House of York, her mother being a concubine for one of it's membership. However, it wasn't to be, her father died within moment of Serina being conceived from a massive heart attack. Leaving her mother without any form of income, and no way to support a child. With the risks associated with having a bastard child with a noble, Serina's mother was pressured into leaving Aracanus to the newly formed buffer state to the south.

9 months later, a child was born and a mother managed to miraculously survive. Though things weren't going well. In order to maintain any sort of lifestyle outside of squalor, Serina's mother was forced to work out of a brothel due to a lack of viable skills elsewhere. Serina was usually present when such clients came back home, and rarely did they not do so sober. By the age of 5 Serina had already suffered a number of scars from broken glass or knives or any manner of implement when the clients came into a rage after being faced with a price. Within the year, Serina's mother passed after having a surprise stillbirth, the child expecting a sibling but getting nothing but death and abandonment.

With nothing more than a name to her, she became a street urchin. Doing odd jobs for paltry levels of coin, sometimes getting sympathy from families or widows for a few nights. But as expected, the homeless aren't given much attention, so when a little raven haired girl went missing, no one was around to care. Taken from her small little crate hovel, Serina would be taken by strange men and underwent strange ceremonies. Ritualistic scarring, odd baptisms, strange elixirs composed of what the child could only assume were made of the darkest and foul ingredients they could scrounge up. She would awake after what felt like an eternity in a busted down crate hovel near the bays of northern Aragos with an ungodly pain and half blind.

At that point, Serina would gain very little sympathy from the peers inside her own country. A disfigured child with odd patterns in her skin, deathly pale, and with an eye socket swollen shut and endlessly seeping all manner of bile and fluids was something no one wanted anything to do with. But there was someone who took an interest in the small malnourished child. Fedrico 'The Eagle' Alama, is a man who then was simply an upstart mercenary officer with an eye for talent. Which he saw in the supposedly dying young child.

Serina would find a new home, and supposedly a new family. She would grow, learn many things, be taught how to fight, how to survive, and how to read. As time went on though, she remained a black sheep. Personal demons and ostracisation due to her demeanour and lack of proper social conduct lead to her becoming a notably avoided individual. A drinking habit developed, followed by an opioid problem. Both wreacked havoc on her system, and while almost a decade later, the opium habit has faded, the alcohol habit hasn't. To Serina, the only thing that can wash away the physical and emotional agony she endures every day is the blacked out status she tend to drink herself into every week, or the inevitable death of herself. Because despite her personality, with how she acts, she is an intelligent individual, and recognizes that eventually -master swordsman or not- she will make a mistake eventually, and then she'll greet death as an old friend.

Beliefs

Religion: Asignist

Motivation: The knowing realization that one day she will finally die in a way that doesn't involve copious amounts of pain.

Personal

Dislikes: Alcohol, Coca, Loud Noises, Fire, Forests, Brothels, Mothers.

Hobby: Writing in a journal.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Sarderistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Sarderistan wrote:

Amr'ullah Khawadzi was a prominent religious cleric. Born in 1935, Imam Khawadzi spent his childhood in a poor slum off the outskirts of a city, where colonial masters and native noblemen would walk past a smooth, large highway in fashioned cars, smirking at the slum residents and occasionally throwing garbage at them. He watched as his family, his friends, his neighbors, and his people was driven out by their colonial masters, with his nation's upper class cheering them on all things they do. White skin or not, they are all the same, devilish, hideous, monsters who fed on the poor.

So Khawadzi turned to the only thing that could give him peace. For years and years he studied the holy books. His intelligence and charisma made him a very prominent student, excelling in science and mathematics as well. At the age of 21, Khawadzi is the most prominent student at his hometown's university, and no one could guess that the poor slum-dweller whose home has been demolished violently by the Italians, now stand as a honored guest among the colonists themselves (and for an extend, the nobles). But his desire of knowledge did not end there. From his hometown, he continued to the capital city in a renowned university, studying politics and religion in the process, albeit his master degree is for the doctor's profession. As was the nationalist sentiment in the nation at the time, as the World War neared its end and the people all demanded an ever-increasing amount of indedpendence. Radical ideas, fanatism nd extremism began to seep into the nation. Many brilliant minds, in turn, are convinced with these ideas, Khawadzi included.

He left his life from then. He left the his doctor profession and began seeking for more knowledge in the religious affairs. Within two years, he is proclaimed as a Holy Leader, a religious leader at his own right. His sermons and speeches quickly became famous, thanks to the sweet and convincing words of manipulation. More and more people are "baptized" into his radical ideas. A more dangerous group than anything in the world. will ever be. From his former fortunes, and the embezzlement he made as a prominent religious figure, he is easily counted in the 10 richest persons of his country, with a total wealth of US$ 160 million, at least. His personal enterprises span wide and tall, as he raised stocks in the petroleum industry as well. Who would guess the friendly and convincing old man and Imam as the owner of a massive oil block that took up several thousand homes? Not someone who has experienced it, at least. Not
Khawadzi. His contact at the government are all top government officials, and then he began to plot revenge on the damned infidels, God willing.

So he began to plot in the dark and lurk in the light. Deals with the Mafia. Embezzlement. Weapon supply. Estabilishing connections with the intelligence agency. Using funds from companies and Ministries. Taking time, he could even found himself a nice large villa in a Mediterranean island and a foreigm citizenship. Of course, he would not abandon faithful brothers that waited for the Holy Leader's command back in his hometown. Not now, after he got the support of Maurizio Calderi, Imperator of Crime and Lord of the Thompson Submachineguns. Most feared warlord from the Mediterranean to the Black Sea. And as usual, he began to plot. The Minister of Finances is but his puppet, so he can start pumping out national budgets into the grateful hands of Calderi, damned freaking Mafia. He arranged the meeting with the terrorists, facilitated by his "disciples". That quickly backfired, as expected from the pompous fool Calderi is, but thankfully they can still think straight and shifted all the blame to the Government. "We work in the dark to serve the light," as he likes to think that particular Ubisoft game took inspirations from him. But no one could know.

Now that his plans are all but working, damned police investigators sniffing out and the Calderi crime empire utterly destroyed, maybe it is time to seek out help in other places. God willing. The terrorist organization would take his offer gratefully, they must. He still has undercover operations in his country. He can still steal the military. And with what remained of Maurizio Calderi's crime kingdom clinging to his radicals to survive, at least he has some paramilitary force that could be used to train his extremists. Damned infidels. Soon, he likes to think. Not just his country. Not just thrice-damned former colonial mastrrs. All of Europe. America. Australia. All the infidels in the world would get the holy message. And he is the instrument.

How come u didnt know that you could make your own state

Also join Discord to keep up with map claims, some parts of Aea's desert have been claimed already

My thanks. I'm a skipper so I didin't see the player list and the form.

My claims are only in the eastern part of Aea

Inspired by the Caliphates.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Lisbane
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon May 27, 2019 4:17 am

Sarderistan wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
How come u didnt know that you could make your own state

Also join Discord to keep up with map claims, some parts of Aea's desert have been claimed already

My thanks. I'm a skipper so I didin't see the player list and the form.

Hey! Imagine seeing you here!
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon May 27, 2019 4:22 am

I'm starting to feel like -I'm- the Byzantium of this Universe, my European bastion of civilization on the borders of the Caliphates. :lol:

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon May 27, 2019 4:27 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:I'm starting to feel like -I'm- the Byzantium of this Universe, my European bastion of civilization on the borders of the Caliphates. :lol:

You be careful, I might just take a detour and raid your capital!
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon May 27, 2019 5:32 am

Lisbane wrote:
Sarderistan wrote:My thanks. I'm a skipper so I didin't see the player list and the form.

Hey! Imagine seeing you here!

What a coincidence! But THF is a bit inactive these days though, can't blame

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon May 27, 2019 7:04 am

Tagging. I would also like to ask whether the mountainous regions on the Continent of Uratos have already been claimed? I'm planning on making a reclusive kingdom of tribal mountainmen, you see.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Rastrian
Spokesperson

Founded: May 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rastrian » Mon May 27, 2019 7:47 am

Essential Details

Name: Master of Sword and Dagger Vacardas Olamoth Kheyn, One Sword of Five

Appearance:

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Build: Fairly thin, over 6ft tall, subtle musculature.

Legacy

Allegiance: Order of the Sword

Profession: Swordsman of the Order

Background:
The young Vacardas was born into very minor nobility within the lands of Clan Kheyn of Gyrcant Bay, an already small clan in the scheme of things. His family were comfortable in their freely held land, a village known as Saranthal, on good rapport with the villagers and, while not wealthy or all that well off, they were contented. Their land lay just off of the main road, right between the castle of Clan Yun and the capital of the Kingdom, with beautiful views of the coastline from some of the higher points of the area. Vacardas' father called it "a jewel in verdant hills". In more ways than just literally, that land was their wealth.

Travellers came and went from the village, often those who wished to stop in a tavern before reaching the capital, or who wanted to see the views of that land for themselves. As such, none of the peasants or Vacardas' close family treated outsiders with suspicion. Perhaps it was a justified position to take based on experience. Or perhaps that experience had only made them complacent. For one day, in the middle of summer, when the village was at its most beautiful, a group of men came to the village.

These men had no particularly notable colours, nor armorial bearings. They all appeared to be fatter than most, and wearing long brown cloaks on their shoulders. They did look somewhat suspicious, but what is suspicion other than judging from ignorance? They went to the tavern first off, all of them appearing to snicker under their breaths. They ordered quite a good deal of beer, some mead, even a spot of the local wine. They were patrons of the village, they would be treated with the same respect as all others. As night fell, curiously, they left the village. Unlike most here at night, they left to sleep somewhere else.

The next morning, the men came again, this time with a man of great stature next to them. If the others looked suspicious, this one was thoroughly menacing. A face almost too perfect compared to his massive muscles that bulged beneath his own clothes - rather than the cloaks of his compatriots, simple peasants' clothing. A tunic of earthy green, leggings of brown. But even in this attire, he was terrifying. As if plucking an apple from a tree, the man grabbed a child. The signal given, the other men removed their cloaks, revealing chainmail armour and knives. The larger man roared at the peasants to fetch the lord of the village. Vacardas' father.

Vacardas and his father had been working on some horses at the time. Both the lord and his son, at the time 10 years of age, rushed to the centre of the village. Vacardas watched as the man let the child go, before stepping towards his father. He announced his name as Lateras. He asked, in a register too polite for such a brute, for Vacardas' father to give him half of all of the wealth of the village. Vacardas' father was a patient man. He explained that the village was agricultural, that all they possessed was fruit, wine and wheat. They would be free to purchase from the peasants, but he could not in good conscience remove their only source of income. The largest man asked again, this time a growl in his voice. Vacardas' father expressed his sorrow that he could not help, but they kept little money with them. In one swift movement, Vacardas' father was grabbed by the throat. Both of the large man's hands gripped the Lord's throat, and Vacardas' father struggled to be free of it. Vacardas tried to run to his father's side, but a peasant woman held him back. The large man wrung out his neck, and the Lord of Saranthal became silent, before being dropped to the ground, his head hitting hard, face a shade of violet Vacardas would never forget. The men left, but before they did, they torched all of the crop fields, taking some wine from the store and some bread for the journey. Vacardas vowed to get revenge on his father's killer.

From that moment on, he trained as hard as he could. As the lord of the village, his mother, acting as regent for Vacardas, begged him to focus on keeping the village secure. Vacardas insisted that he was, in his own way. Every day, with a sword too big for him, he would try to spar with smith's assistants, stableboys, anyone who would practice with him. It became clear that Vacardas would not give up, but also that the heavy blade his father once used in the Clan's military was too big for him. Eventually, the smith, himself also enraged that he had not been able to do anything when the village was under attack, forged the boy a weapon - a small sword, suitable for one hand. With the balance of another hand free, Vacardas began to excel at his studies. Eventually, the issue was not how to find people to spar with, but how to keep them sparring with him, as his skill increased with every fight.

He was fifteen now, a young man by all accounts, with a new sword. Clan Kheyn soldiers had been moving around the area. Upon asking, they revealed that a bandit had been operating in the area. Vacardas felt it had to be the same one. Taking a horse from the stables, in too much of a haste to get it saddled, he moved over the countryside, galloping to where the bandits' camp had been found after they had left the village.

He could see fire in the distance. There were indeed bandits camped there. He dismounted, and moved cautiously towards the camp. He noticed movement in the shadows - they had lookouts on guard. He hid behind a tree, keeping the bark against his back as he peered around. Suddenly, he felt a cold knife pressed against his throat. The guard spoke, a sadistic enjoyment in his voice. Vacardas thought quickly - he elbowed into the man's groin, making him groan in pain and loosen the knife, before Vacardas hit the man's arm with the hilt of his sword, jarring it just enough for the man to drop the knife entirely. As he groaned louder, Vacardas jammed his sword into the man's throat, ceasing the noise, before finishing him off with a slash to the neck.

But the man's groaning and loud speaking had alerted the other men in the camp. Before long, Vacardas was surrounded, one hand gripping the sword tightly and the other out, looking for a good person to strike. A renewed sense of courage took him, and he rushed towards the nearest man. In a few quick slashes, the man was dead, but another was upon him. He parried the swings, steel ringing on steel, before jabbing between the ribs and puncturing the lung. On and on this went, with more men coming to attack him.

Finally, a familiar voice shouted above the others, calling the men to stand down. Lateras, standing more armoured this time, a hauberk of chainmail and a helmet on his head. Lateras called for the boy to be reasonable, not to act emotionally or to continue with what he called senseless violence. They could talk about it as men. Vacardas interjected, saying that Lateras never gave his father the chance. Lateras finally recognised the boy, speaking to him almost as one would talk to a long-lost relative. As that speaking continued, the sound of a swinging sword alerted him to the subsequent pain in his leg. Vacardas grunted in pain, as the men laughed around him, none moreso than Lateras, who took the chance to attack the injured child with his own sword. Vacardas brought up his own, parrying the attack. The parrying continued, it being evident that Lateras was toying with the boy. As he hit him with the blunt of his sword, Vacardas landed next to the knife. One final determined swing from the sword would end him. Vacardas brought up his own sword to block, and rammed the knife into Lateras' knee, causing the man to drop his sword and scream. Vacardas stood up away from him, allowing his opponent to stand. Lateras, still wheeling from the shock and pain, grasped at his sword and rushed at the boy. Vacardas yet again blocked, stabbing the knife this time into the collarbone, the loose chainmail slipping off. Lateras took a moment to breathe again, the men around them both staying absolutely still, conflicted, for if they took away their leader's kill, an injured child, he would not forgive the one who did it, but seeing that he may well need their help. Lateras made one final swing with the sword, but Vacardas did not even need to block it, taking his sword and stabbing through the eye, as the knife came in from the side to Lateras' neck. The men, seeing their imposing leader killed in such a manner, fled.

When dawn broke and the Clan Guards arrived, hearing where the bandits had been hiding at long last, the still-injured Vacardas was kneeling on the floor next to a bloody mess of flesh and blood, no longer fully recogniseable as human. Vacardas had been stabbing since the men had left, tears streaming down his face. He had finally done what he intended to. He had killed his father's killer.

Vacardas recovered from his injuries within two weeks, and had kept the knife he had used to kill Lateras with, balancing out his sword strokes with the stabs, parrying swings then moving in to stab with the knife in his left hand.When he turned sixteen, Lateras was asked about joining the Clan military, as most members of Clan Kheyn are. However, he declined, giving the deed to the village to his younger sister and setting off on his own down the road.

Over the next few years, Vacardas became known as a wanderer around the entire Kingdom, killing bandits, often before the militaries ever knew about their presence. Though he was already excellent at swordplay, and was asked about it many times, he always refused to engage in contests. An urban myth grew about this, that he declined because he knew he would win. How true that was, it was unclear, but as the years passed, his swordsmanship only grew, culminating in the deciding battle of his career.

Fifty men, all of them bandits who had banded together, as was the only safe thing for them to do with tales of an elite bandit-slayer, and more and more bandits showing up dead by the day, surrounded Vacardas. Over the course of thirty minutes, suffering no injuries himself, Vacardas killed each and every one of them.

For reasons known only to Vacardas, he began to teach people in remote villages how to use polearms and swords, giving people all over the country lessons and telling them to teach others. After the year was through, no-one in Gyrcant heard of Vacardas again, though many did look. Some say he died, though those loyal to his memory say that's not possible. Many of them theorise a far more intriguing idea - that Vacardas Olamoth Kheyn is alive and well, and has joined a secret organisation defending a legendary weapon said to be beyond compare. Those who would speak of Vacardas' fate simply don't know it, but those who know of his fate won't speak of it.

Beliefs

Religion: Gyrrhic Ancestor-Worship

Motivation:
While Vacardas has completed his quest for revenge, it has every possibility of becoming a motivator again. Other than that, his love of swordfighting and wish to help people, even if that means stepping away from them.

Personal

Dislikes: Cruel people, dishonourably deceitful people, the face of people who realise they've just been fatally wounded (leading him to often look away or obscure the face after delivering the killing blow).

Hobby: Poetry, sparring, making clothes.
Last edited by Rastrian on Mon May 27, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an ATHEIST COMMUNIST from AUSTRALIA with CELTIC HERITAGE, ASPERGERS and a keen interest in FLAGS.
Pro: Communism, secularism, democracy, communalism, unions, mutual respect of people as humans, science.
Anti: Capitalism, theism's stranglehold on society, dictatorship, enforced respect (SJWs, anti-blasphemy laws etc.), creationism.
I will respect you. If your ideas are stupid, I won't respect those, and don't ask me to.
Fairly poor socialist country, recently revolted against a monarchistic state and with an economy rising slowly.
I am a fan of classical, experimental and indie music.
Will eat Brussels Sprouts, but only raw ones. I cannot abide cooked ones.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 am

Essential Details

Name: Drakina

Appearance:

Sexuality: N/A. She hasn't seen another dragon for so long she honestly doesn't know.

Build: Drakina is, to put it simply, colossal. An ancient dragon, approx. 180 feet/55 meters in length with a wingspan of just over 400 feet/121 meters, standing around 82 feet/25 meters tall. Her scales are a deep purple, with opposable digits on her front claws which she lacks on her back claws. However, despite possessing wings, she hasn't flown for several centuries and doesn't know if she actually retains the ability to do so.

Legacy

Allegiance: Herself.

Profession: Living God-Empress, Oracle, Polymath and Scholar.

Background: Drakina is ancient. She has seen empires rise and fall, entire groups of people wither away into dust. She was one of a clutch of four dragons, the eldest. But the four did not go along, and in the ancient world they scattered across it, fighting one another whenever they crossed paths as they grew more and more distant from one another both in relationship and distance.

It would be one of her siblings, she does not even recall their name, that drew her to the fledgling Koinon. He allied with the Tenth Dynasty of the Nekhur; naturally, she traveled to aid their foes, the Koinon, and struck down her sibling and destroyed his allies, leading her own to victory, returning to the island that she had claimed as hers to be alone.

But those she had helped followed her home, and worshiped her. She did not get rid of them, even though it would have been easy, as they brought her offerings of food and wine and song, and she took pleasure in the importance they gave her. Philosophers came to debate with her, people came to ask her for her prophecies even though she had displayed no such gift, and they built temples around her and statues of her, a whole city growing up solely to support her and satisfy her. She found that her advice was less and less necessary as she taught her self-declared subjects to govern themselves, those who tended to her filling in for her in their meetings and informing her of the world around her even as she withdrew inwards.

She took to the academic arts, debating and writing books on philosophy, mathematics, the sciences, geometry, reading others, having her Ordia bring in musicians and poets and playwrights to read and perform for her, and she took up their crafts as well. She wrote books and music and plays, offered solutions to philosophical issues, and the world moved on around her, but she did not care. She was not disturbed.

And then the Arceans invaded Onis. She was a politician and a strategist; she knew that the Arceans would not stop there. And that someday, they would eventually reach her city, and they would disturb her. And so she took flight once again and burned their fledgling empire to a cinder before returning to her temple complex, the world reminded of her once again.

She has remained there since, continuing to engage in her scholarly endeavors with the assistance of her Ordia who cater to her every whim and aid her with those tasks that she is simply to large to conduct by herself. She has trouble with names, sometimes confusing those who work with her in the present for figures of decades or centuries, but when it does not concern people her mind is as sharp as ever.

Beliefs

Religion: Agnostic. She's still trying to figure out if a higher power exists or not.

Motivation: Drakina wishes to answer everything, to discover everything that can be known, to experience the best that the world can create. Knowledge, not to achieve anything else, but for the sake of knowledge.

Personal

Likes: Peace, quiet, the night sky, reading, art, music, reasoned debate.

Dislikes: Ignorance, idiocy, barbarians, brutes, superstition and irrationality. People who disturb her without cause. The arrogant and overly ambitious. Her siblings, if any of them yet live. Whelps, a.k.a anyone or anything that attempts to view themselves as an equal to her.

Hobby: Philosophy, art, mathematics, history. Drakina is a scholar in every sense of the term.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon May 27, 2019 10:51 am

Essential Details

Name of Creature: Steppe Lion

Appearance:

Description: Steppe Lions are a type of big cat commonly found in central, northern, and northwestern Ferra. Steppe Lions are significantly larger than their southern cousins, have lighter fur and shorter manes, and are solitary rather than pack hunters. Steppe Lions primarily subsist on reindeer and wild horses. They will occasionally scavenge Griffon kills, but mostly steer clear of them. Steppe Lions are sacred symbols to the Nerakans, emblematic of Nerak and of nature itself, and considered the equals and opposites of the High Kings and Queens. Despite this, the Nerakans aren't averse to killing them - hunting one down on one's own is a traditional rite of passage upon entering adulthood, and herders regularly have to protect their horses from them.
Last edited by Utceforp on Mon May 27, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so 2014.

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon May 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Essential Details

Name of Realm: The Murabad Sultanate

Rulers:
    Sultan Jafar VII Bahrani al-Rashid
    Emir Ziyad Walhab al-Kharun of Harmuz
    Emir Tariq Hakim al-Hamid of Dar-as-Salaam
    Emir Ibrahim al-Najad ad-Din of Haira
    Emir Hakim al-Rashid of Naghabad
    Emir Sulaiman al-Mursi Akbar of Mashaad
    Emir Ali abd' al-Hakim al-Harkad of Thariqiyya
    Emir Khalifa al-Hamia al-Hammad of El Hammadi
    Emir Harun al-Harbani of Hamdira
    Emir Hamdar al-Ashrad of Baraqa
    Emir Salah ad-Din al-Harbani of Burj Khaidar
    Emir Umar al-Ashrad of Jabal Ahmar
    Emir Murad Pasha of Tlemcan

Culture:
The Murabad Sultanate is essentially a Sultanate just in name only, being a loose confederation of fifteen states united under the rule of the al-Rashid family, whose reigned from the city of Sultanabad (Sultan's City). The dominant culture in the region is those of the desert dwellers' in the central region, having united the whole territory over four hundred years ago in the Sand Wars. There are three distinct cultures that can be observed in the whole nation. The first, in the central desert regions is the Qedars, ancient desert peoples that started the Sand Wars and exported their culture and religion across the nation. The second group is the Nabatus - inhabitants of the islands in the Sunset Sea. A cousin of the Qedar peoples, the Nabatu are seafarers and traders; long have they forsaken the tradition of desert caravans and land expeditions, instead becoming merchants rich and powerful, exploring the world here and there. The Raj-kind - the third race - is by far the most mysterious and unknown of all people in the Desert Kingdoms. Plain and forest-dwellers; the Raj-kind are a remnant of what is once a powerful state in the Dark Lake area. They lived on forests and bulided large temples, they worship idol gods that is very much different from the Qedars' and Nabatu's, their tongue queer and their culture alien. Not much is known about them as they like to keep for themselves; only in rare occassions do their lords are present in the Sultan's City.

The general customs and culture of the Qedar, Murabad's main population, is as same as the Middle East in the real world. The Qedar originated as a nomadic people wandering through the Great Desert. Tribes, families, and factions still play a dominant role in the Qedari society; one's actions in life is dominated by family decisions. Ever since almost nine hundred years ago, the Qedar started living in cities, bullit and led by families rich and powerful enough to raise their own keep. As such, feudalism began to take place. No longer in one settlement various groups vie for control; instead each tribe and group centered their rule in one location, while spreading their influence through trade, exploration, and dynastic marriages. Each lord commanded their own set of serfs and lesser lords, but merchants and local families still held a sway on the lord's capital. Another pivotal point of Qedari - and to an extent - Murabad civilization is the level of civil freedom its citizens had. Free peoples of Murabad had the right to own a home, a plot of land, manage finances and own a slave; which is largely considered more than any other part in the world has to offer.

Murabad is also famous for its colorful extravagance of the nobility, the general practice of slavery, and the complete lack of any estabilished "chivalric" organizations (such as a knightly order or else). The Murabadi religion, while monotheistic, has many days of celebration throughout the year. The people of Murabad hold dear their sense of freedom, their piety to the God, and their love of wealth, sometimes to an excess. The virtues of piety, loyalty, freedom, family, and honor is considered the core principles of the Murabadi society in general - which encompassed all the races and cultures in the Sultanate. For a Murabadian to gain social status, the person only need to be prosperous and honest enough. As such, wealthy merchants, traders, and farmers are more often looked upon than high nobles with little in their coffers. The society views men and women to be somewhat equal in terms of receiving education and conducting trade. However, men are permitted to have more than one spouse, but this practice is largely frowned upon (except for high nobles and the Sultan, where harems as large as 400 wives can be found). The institution of marriage is held sacred in the Murabadi society; divorces is rare and frowned upon.

There is little division of social status in the Murabadi society. If a person gains considerable wealth and fame, the person's social status increases further and further, in rare occassions even becoming an Emir. The government is mainly based on a meritocratic system, although corruption is common among noble families. The largest social class in Murabadi society is the middle class; namely merchants, traders, and farmers rich enough to afford a large storehouse. With little taxes demanded, the middle class gains plenty of opportunities to grow their economy; as such, displays of wealth and extravagance is common even in city alleys. The people of Murabad cared little to none for the ideas of Chivalry, as they consider chivalry and those who practice it as hypocrites who likes to brag about their tenets of 'honor'. Instead, most noble courts have their own strict set of rules implemented in their household and territory; this is enforced by force, instead of personal awareness. This has led into a significant difference of laws throughout the Sultanate, added with a lack of central authority to manage a preset code of laws that could be used as a base. As a result, crimes that go unpunished in one part of the country, could result in a grave punishment in another part.

The Murabadian civilization has practiced slavery essentially over the thousands of years of its existence. As such, slavery is an integral part of the Murabadi economy and livelihood. There are several ways a person could be enthralled in Murabad, namely; a severe act of criminality, a prisoner of war, or being captured in slave-raids and expeditions. The common punishment of robbery and murder is one to become a slave to the victim's, though the preferrable option is whipping or prison. Extreme debt could also result in one becoming a slave. Prisoners of war are generally treated honorably according to their postion. However, if deemed neccessary, or if an enemy refuse to accept a peace offer or relent, the prisoners of war are legal to be enslaved in the process. Finally, slave-raids and expeditions are the most common way of obtaning slaves. Murabadi sailors travelled far and wide across the world to reave and capture slaves, to be sold in slave-markets across the country.

Religion: The faith of Asignism, originating in Aea, is the core religion which almost all of Murabad's population adhere to. The Murabadi version of Asignism, called "Murasigna", "Desert Asignism", or "Desert Faith" populary, in essence lines closely with the main principles of Asignism. The followers of Murabadi Asignism, a monotheistic religion, believed in the presence of the One God (Asigna), which is called Wahlla in the Murabadi language. The Murabadis have their own version of the Asignist holy book, which is called Gar'aan in the Murabadi language. Composed of 42 set of scriptures, the Gar'aan is the centre of all matters living and spiritual, and often serves as a code of law (of sorts), due to the people referring their actions from Asignist teachings. The Murabadi people believed that Murabad itself is where Asignism first descended from the heavens, spread into the mortal world by the Herald, prophet of the Asignist religion. They believed that the Murabadi version of Asignism is the purest and truest one, and all that deviates from it are heretics. For this reason, Murabadi often found themselves at odds with other Asignist believers, commonly the Yek'sik (because they worship three Gods). Murabadis believe that there is no other deity except Walha (Asigna), and that the Herald is God's sole word and prophet in the world, and every deviation from His word is heretics coming not from the heavens.

Every Murasigna (Murabadi Asignan) prayer begins with a bow to Walha the Almighty. From every corner of the world, Murabadis bow to the holy site of Arba in the city of Naghabad to start their prayer. The sacred dome of Arba is where Murabadis believe that God's word first descended into the world. Murasignan priests and clerics donned white and green garbs, covered themselves from neck to foot with it and wore a cyllindrical hat (akin to the Turfan). They offer sacrifice of goats or sheeps once every month. Murasigna women must cover themselves in a full-body garb that leave only their eyes uncovered, their face hidden in a veil. According to Murasigna clerics, this is to preserve the purity of mankind, men and women alike. Murasignans hold the belief that "Degenerate" practices (essentially the same as other Asignist branches) is something that must avoided at all cost, a great sin. Murasigna prayers are often practiced in domed buildings - a Heavenly Dome - modeled after the dome of Arba. Overall, the religion is considered as one of the pillars of Murabadi society.

History: What would be the founders of Murabad was once desert wanderers of old, migrating from the surrounding lands of Grenadiere, Aragos, Arquor and others. For a long time, these ancient desert-dwellers live as nomads, herding their cattle of goats, sheeps, and camels across the desert's searing heat. Changes came swiftly, though - as far as 3400 BCE, these proto-Murabadians began settling near the small streams, oases and lakes of the Great Desert. Tribal society began to form as various clans migrated one another before settling in whatever strategic place they managed to get. By this time, simple farming began to occur, though the main economic activity of these peoples was still herding cattle. The ancient Murabadians cultivated sorgum, wheat, and date as far as 3200 BCE, having mastering the techniques of advanced farming. The desert climate, however, made it incompatible for farming, except for the ones that live in the fringes near the sea or any large water source. Harsh life on the desert forced close family bonds and clans to form, this would later evolve into petty kingdoms ruled by a local chieftain. The early Murabadians began looking for other sources of economy. Eventually, the famous great caravans of camels emerged as far as 2900 BCE, as Murabadian traders became the first to roam Aea, long before any other nation sent their explorers and traders. The barren desert is now the lifeline of Aea, connecting north and south through kingdoms of middlemen and the desert tribes.

As trade grow prosperous, so did the other aspects of life. Murabadian metallurgy emerged as one of the first metalworking techniques known in the world, centered in the city of El Hammadi. Centralized religion first appeared in Naghabad on circa 2700 BCE, when Asignism started to appear in the known world. It was not until 200 years later that petty kingdoms start to grew into sprawling trade imperiums, fighting one another over control of the desert routes that is the lifeblood of Aea. In this time the city of Naghabad rose to prominence, as its position at the very centre of Aea made it important for early trade routes, not to mention the Holy Dome residing in the city as well, making it a pilgrimage attraction. This newfound greatness and wealth drove the Lords of Naghabads, stying themselves "Kings of the Desert", on a conquest campaign that ultimately ended with their own destruction at the Battle of the Brown Lake, c.2674 BCE. However, the Rashidi Kings of Naghabad still holds a dominant sway over trade and politics in the region. This would be short-lived, though, as another challenger of hegemony - the Sea Confederacy banded together to protect their naval and coastal trade lines from Rashidi influence. Led by the Hamidi Lords of Harmas, the Confederacy fought the Rashidi army near a prominent Hamidi stronghold, successfully expelling Rashidi control over the coast. The city of Dar-es-Salaam, what would be the largest port of the continent, was founded there on 2582 BCE.

It is through a series of dynastic marriages and complicated political alliances that the two nemesis families of al-Rashid and al-Hamid finally united their forces, setting out to control the continent. During this time, the foundations of Murabadi Asignism is laid, when the Murasignist holy prophet, the Herald, started spreading the word of God from Naghabad. Eventually, the head of Rashidi family, Sulaiman al-Rashid, entered the religion. With his Hamidi cousins beside him, Emir Sulaiman proclaimed a holy war against "all the heretics and infidels of the world", and set out to conquer parts of Aea yet untouched by Murasignism. The Herald's work managed to convert the whole desert area to Murasignism, while Sulaiman continued his campaign over the remaining states. He even set out to conquer the forests and steppes of Algazar, far from the desert. It took 32 years for Sulaiman al-Rashid to unite the whole desert region into one single state. He proclaimed the founding of the Murabad Sultanate, took over the title of Sultan (Emperor) and is crowned in the Dome of Naghabad.

Even though the Rashidi dynasty credited their conquest justification on the Asignist religion, Murabad, being a diverse place where traditions and culture mix with one another, the Rashidi ruling dynasty still allowed other religions, if not different branches of Asignism to be estabilished. The Rashidis greatly sponsored their state religion of Murasignism, building Heavenly Dome (places of worship) in every town and village across Murabad, from the temperate north to the plain steppes of the south. The Rashidis refrain from openly forcing the state religion, primarily because the diverse culture of Murabad in that time; there maybe are some who resent the Great Conquest still. The grandest of all Heavenly Domes that is ever bulit is the Dome of the Stone in Sultanabad, one of the holiest places of Asignism and a wonder of the world. A massive golden-gilded dome surrounded by eight marble domes and thirty-two towers, the Dome is a city upon itself, a shining landmark of Murabad seen upon the distant dunes. The complex took over 124 years to bulid, gathering materials and wealth from all over the country.

For over four hundred years the Rashidi Dynasty ruled Murabad from their capital in Naghabad. Nearing the end of Rashidi rule, dissent between local nobles grew stronger as various branches of Murasignism split from the central authority, dismissing the Sultan's position as the Herald's heir and a central religious figure of Murasignism. Khalid IV al-Rashid, one of the last rulers of the First Rashidi Dynasty, took it upon himself to silence all efforts of dissent across Murabad. Sultan Khalid captured clerics from the southern part of the country and imprisoned them in Naghabad, ironically within the sight of the Holy Dome itself as the clerics prayed day and night. The dissent grew stronger until an army of religious militants, called the Nahhabi, after a town which Khalid sacked, revolted in the masses. The Nahhabi is mainly composed of peasants, merchants, landowners and religious zealots that has seen much mistreatment from Khalid's government. Khalid's army battled the Nahhabi forces near Sultanabad, routing the 20,000 men force of the Nahhabis into deeper desert regions. Khalid then returned into his throne in Naghabad, only to find his cousin, Ibrahim al-Hamid waiting with a force of 18,000 men-at-arms, veteran of various desert skrimishes inside his walls. Ibrahim has made himself an alliance with the Nahhabis, snatching an opportunity to become Sultan himself with the support of nearly all Murabad's middle class. Eventually, Khalid sieged his own city, his 14,000-strong force exhausted in severe attrition. Ibrahim persuaded the Nahhabi leaders to strike at the weakened Rashidi army, leading to a bloody battle outside Naghabad as the Hamidi forces poured out in a massive sortie. Ibrahim al-Hamid is crowned at Sultanabad two months later, starting the Hamidi rule of almost a millenia.

The Hamid dynasty maintained whatever peace that is left from the previous conflict, and knitting the realm together in the process. Ibrahim started his reign by ordering the marriage of almost a dozen noble houses into another, essentially creating a large family to govern Murabad together. His successors continued this practice, which led into a relatively stable peace over six centuries. The Murabadian Golden Age, as it is called, lasted over a millenia of peace. Trade flourished as science and technology advanced greatly. Murabadian scientists are the first to learn how the human body works. Dar-as-Salaam became the capital of learning in all Aea. Murabadian inventors created rotors, wings, and springs. One in particular discovered that a specific gas is lighter than the surrounding air, and thus created the first simple air balloon, which laid the foundations for an airship. Murabad's many caves has been known for ages as a source for a particularly rapid-burning substance; a dark oil that is commonly known as petrol. Over time, Murabadian sailors managed to master how to contain petrol tight and use it to burn enemy vessels in the ocean; so did they the same on land warfare. Murabadian ships roamed the world's oceans; trading and exploring the four continents of the world. All each bore their own banners, but what unites them is the standard at their peak; three white crescents on a golden field, a sign of their homeland in the sands.

Alas, all peace must eventually come into an end. At the year 824 CE, tensions between rival houses has became so tense that in a final spring of actions, the head of the House of Kharun is kidnapped by the Crown Prince and his Janissaries. Kharun ships blockaded the entire Murabad coast, flinging catapults and petrols at Dar-as-Salaam while burning the Hamadi fleet. The Hamadis did not stay silent, of course. House Mursi of Mashaad, family of Lord Kharun's wife, declared their support for Harmuz in the conflict. The Hamadis answered by burning and sacking Mashaad. By the time Sultan Faisal al-Hamad returned to Dar-as-Salaam, the Hamadi stronghold was nothing but rubble, although the city remained intact. Khaled al-Kharun, son of the late Lord Kharun then declared himself King of the Western Isles, while seeking support from the Rashidi noble house. Salaheddin al-Rashid, Lord of Naghabad, answered the young king's plea by sieging Sultanabad, capital of the realm. Pitted and nearly defeated, Faisal staged a final battle near Naghabad, where the Rashidi and Hamidi army fought each other to a pyrrhic victory for the Hamidis. As they prepare to march into Naghabad, Salaheddin's son Jafar arrived with a host of 8,000 Islemen, ultimately thwarting the Hamidi attempt to retain their throne. Jafar then killed the Kharun king and declared his father Sultan of Murabad, returning the Rashidi dynasty into their former place as the Masters of Murabad.

Peace finally returned to Murabad, with Salaheddin's grand-grandson Jafar VII now ruling the throne of Murabad. The nation entered an age of prosperity once again with cities being rebulit, but none can tell what fate lies beyond for the Empire of the Sands.

Assets

Resources:
Minerals
    - Gold
    - Copper
    - Iron
    - Tin
    - Marble
    - Silver
Agriculture
    - Dates
    - Palms
    - Sorgum
    - Wheat
    - Barley
    - Coffee
    - Fruits
    - Olives
    - Wood
Livestock
    - Fish
    - Camels
    - Goats
    - Sheeps
    - Horses
Others
    - Gemstone
    - Jewelry
    - Statues
    - Reeds
    - Petrol

Strongholds:
  • Dar-as-Salaam: A city on the bank of the Silver River, on the coast of the Sunset Sea. Possibly the largest city in Aea. Seat of the House of Hamid.
  • Naghabad: A city on Murabad's desert interior, situated in a side of the Silver River. Oldest city in all Murabad; seat of the House of Rashid.
  • Sultanabad: Possibly the smallest city in Murabad, Sultanabad is the seat of the Royal Court as well as the newest city on the realm. Seat of the Sultan.
  • Harmuz: A sprawling island town of the same name is situated at the island's eastern coast. The Harmuz castle is situated off a cliff. Seat of the House of Kharun.
  • Mashaad: Murabad's southern frontier; the nation's second largest city is situated near the Greenwater River. Seat of the House of Mursi.
  • Thariqiyya: The northernmost city of Murabad, located in a lush forest. Despite its Murabadi name, more than half of its residents are Arcanus in ethnic. Seat of the House of Harkad.
  • El Hammadi: Third-largest city of Murabad. A crossroad of Aea, its strategic place brings many wealth to its citizens; hence the name, "Jewel of the Sands". Seat of the House of Hammad.
  • Burj Khaidar: A massive stone stronghold to the north. The place is more silent than any other in Murabad, a lot cleaner and orderly also. Seat of the northern branch of the House of Harban.
  • Tlemcan: Founded by merchants and adventurers, the fourth-largest city of Murabad is a republic in all but name. There are no slavery in the city, in contrast to its neighbors. Banks and industries made their home here. Seat of the Tlemcan Municipal Council (current Archon: Murad Pasha)
  • Baraqa: The town of Baraqa is the center of agriculture in all Murabad. The soil is very fertile, and it sits on a trade crossroads that allowed a great marked take place here. Seat of the eastern branch of the House of Ashrad.
  • Jabal Ahmar: Located on the southern rocky coast, the Red Mountain is a massive fortress that acts as Murabad's first line of defense against the South. Seat of the western branch of the House of Ashrad.
  • Hamdira: The gateway to Murabad. Sixth-largest city in the realm and home of the Great Northern Market. Seat of the southern branch of the House of Harban.
  • Haira: Fifth-largest city of Murabad and the primary northern port. The Great Desert Road starts and ends here. Seat of the House of Najad.

Towns: (Name and detail locations of towns)

Military

Military Commanders:
- Sultan Jafar VII al-Rashid (Sultan of Murabad)
- Lord Tariq Hakim al-Hamid (Marshal of the Realm)
- Lord Ziyad Walhab al-Kharun (Marshal of the Waters)

Military Strength:
[*] Naghabad:
    - Men-at-Arms: 12,000
    - Knights and Guards: 1,100
    - Cavalry: 3,400
    - River Sloops: 28
    - Galleys (House of Rashid): 18
[*] Sultanabad
    - Men-at-Arms: 3,000
    - Knights and Guards: 400
    - Cavalry: 900
    - River Sloops: 14
    - Galleys (Royal): 6
    - Airships: 6
[*] Dar-as-Salaam
    - Men-at-Arms: 26,000
    - Knights and Guards: 2,800
    - Cavalry: 3,000
    - Galleys (Hamidi Fleet): 20
    - Airships: 2
[*] Tlemcan
    - Men-at-Arms: 8,000
    - Knights and Guards: 3,000
    - Cavalry: 400
    - Galleys (Municipal Fleet): 32
[*] Baraqa
    - Men-at-Arms: 6,000
    - Knights and Guards: 300
    - Cavalry: 400
(Rest is WIP)

Special Troop:
- The Saracen Knights (7000 troops), the Knights are an elite order which is tasked to defend the city of Dar-as-Salaam at first, but they have evolved as the most elite protectors of Murabad.
- The Paladins, twelve guards of the Sultan.

Diplomatic Relations

Allies: None

Rivals: None

Other Information

Last edited by Sarderistan on Thu May 30, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Mon May 27, 2019 1:41 pm

Essential Details

Name of Organization: Warrior Poets Society

Leader: Commander Anes Dron

Description: The Warrior Poets Society was founded in 650 CE under the authority of Prince Tarva Saar. Initially the group served as a social group for young nobles who could meet to discuss their shared interests. These varied from the leisurely activities of the wealthy, to the martial skills of soldiers. However, the Warrior Poets of the day were generally looked upon as nothing more than young men playing at being soldiers. This changed following the assassination of King Davin Saar by an upstart house. Before he could even be crowned Tarva Saar gathered his Society and any retainers and rode out to avenge his father. Nearly five-hundred rode to battle. They returned victorious but, beaten. Newly crowned as King of Resdayn, Tarva Saar declared the Warrior Poets Society to be the official house guard of the Saar kings. Even after their passing the Velonthi kings continued to rely on the Warrior Poets for safeguarding the royal family.

Assets: A tower at Velonthi Aln

Relations: Subservient to House Velonth

Essential Details

Name of Creature: Lion Dog

Appearance: Image

Description: Lion dogs are distantly related to the direwolf, but evolved in the dense forests of the world and prefer solitude to packs. Renowned for their size and bravery, lion dogs are seen as a valuable hunting companion and guardian. Lion dogs average heights of 85 cm and weights of 90 kg. Typically solitary, mating pairs will come together in late spring and separate soon after. Unlike domestic dogs, lion dogs will typically have only one or two cubs.

The Central Tomb at Res

Essential Details

Name of Place: Necropolis of Res

Description: Res was once a simple farming community at the center of the emerging Res culture. Its position allowed it to grow into a bustling city where all amnner of people could come to trade their wares and receive news from surrounding communities. It is in this place that some of the oldest tombs of the Res have been found. By 100 CE Res suffered a reduction in stature as Yenel Toroth united the Res people. In an effort to consolidate his own power, he moved the focus of his kingdom to his ancestral keep. Thus began a tradition of Resdayn kings ruling from their own ancient homes. Over the years Res became less and less important in the economy of Resdayn. People began to leave the city. But, thanks to traditions the dead would still be sent to Res for interment. Centuries passed and the dead began to outnumber the living. By the year 1101 CE the city exists only as a tomb, with the living either attending to the deceased or venerating them.

Essential Details

Name of Organization: Vigilant Society

Leader: N/A

Description: The Vigilant Society is a loosely formed collection of Res Ancestor Worshipers, who have dedicated their lives to serving the dead. Much like the faith of Resdayn, the Society has no overarching structure and chapters form themselves as needed. They are united only in their veneration of the dead and in bearing the eye of the dead upon their clothes. They eye represents the belief that ancestors may see the works of the living and that the Vigilant shall remain watchful.

The society is twofold. The Vigilant Tenders are responsible for the preparation of the dead. The simplest preparation is cremation with the ashes being stored in a jar. More wealthy individuals are embalmed and left to rest in caskets. The highest ranking members of Great Houses are often embalmed and placed upright in a recess of the tomb.

The second facet of the society exists to safeguard the remains. With such a high importance placed upon the dead it is sensible for the Res to be fearful over the desecration or loss of an ancestor. The Vigilant Watchers exist to prevent such losses. The armament of the Watchers varies from tomb to tomb. The Watchers of important tombs like the Necropolis of Res or the tomb of kings are outfitted with fine suits of armor and high quality steel weapons. The Watchers of small village tombs may be armed with clubs and clad in leather tunics. Regardless of their equipment, Watchers protect their tombs from looters, vandals, and animals.

Assets: Stewardship over the tombs of Resdayn

Relations: Friendly to Resdayn and practitioners of ancestor worship
Last edited by Phalnia on Mon May 27, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon May 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Essential Details

Name of Realm:
Anursus, or land with few bears, barony of Argonvost

Rulers:
Ludwig von Scipeii

Culture:
The barony of Anursus has a contrasting atmosphere. Most of the population lives in urban centres based around the river. Here trade occurs, and heavy agricultural activities take place overseen by a large bureaucratic presence. During harvest season freedom of mobility is reduced and farmers are expected to not deviate from the barons strict agricultural plan or face punishments.

Outside the well patrolled cities and river regions there is a low population density. The farther from the larger fresh water sources one goes the less permanent settlements one comes across. Out in the plains are bands of semi-nomadic warrior clans that lead herds of cattle and bison and ride giant goats and horses. These clans generally follow a code that they stand by and this code is shared by each of the roaming clans.

Religion:
Argonvost Asigna

History:

Anursus has a long history stretching back 500 years.

140 years ago the territory came into the hands of the County of Argonvost.

50 years ago the shore was hit by a tsunami which caused damage to the coast line. It is thought that this was caused by some of the peninsula sliding into the sea.

Assets

Population:
Anursus has a population of around 1.4 million people.

Resources:
    Lumber from forests
    Fresh Water
    Horses
    Cows
    chickens
    pigs
    goats
    sheep
    Fish
    Whales
    Silver
    iron
    Cotton
    Sugarcane
    Stone
    Marble

Strongholds: (If it is a castle, the castle will have its own ruling house which you'll have to detail including locations)

Woodsberg

Towns: (Name and detail locations of towns)
The Barony is further divided into fees ruled by a minor house.
    Fee 1
    1. Sturgeonton
    2. Wolfborough
    3. Millage

Fee 2
    4. Milton
    5. Merle
    6. Jackson
    7. Hadrian
    8. Stratford

Fee 3
    9. Elmtree
    10. Eglobach
    11. Beberstein
    12. Graffentall
    13. Wiesenberg

Fee 4
    14. Xyler
    15. Waldsdorf
    16. Wernkirchen
    19. Kublakraus

Fee 5
    20. Krepost

Fee 6
    28. Burdigala
    29. Limonum

Fee 7
    30. Lutetia
    31. Lugdunum
    32. Urbino
    33. Tiber
    34. Gracchi

Fee 8

Fee 9
    No major settlements

Fee 10
    No major settlements

Please see the map below for a picture of major town location, plus the capital, without town names.

Military

Military Commanders:

Military Strength:
The province contributes an estimated 14,000 people to the standing army of Argonvost.

Diplomatic Relations

Allies: (You can leave blank and fill in later)

Rivals: (You can leave blank and fill in later)

Other Information

Ferra, Southern Argonvost.

https://i.imgur.com/u1sHZGx.png

Essential Details

Name of Organization:
The League of Merchants

Leader:

The league council

Description:
The League of Merchants is a mercantile organization founded 45 years ago to protect the economic and social interests of the merchants of the ferran coast. Those who became members had to have a commercial education, come from a ferran coastal country, and follow the law.
The League started as isolated guilds within coastal cities, but as it became evident that they could benefit from increased co-operation with each other, guilds began to join together in groups of 2-3. These groups were able to share resources, information, and risk in trade ventures. Risk was able to be shared through allowing the purchase of shares in a journey by other members of the group, meaning people could contribute to paying a percentage of he cost of the voyage in exchange for a percentage of the proceeds from the journey. With increased profits these groups became more influential in their respective Spheres. These groups eventually began to try and reach out to other groups to grow. Groups of 2-3 cities became clusters of 6-8 cities. When these clusters joined up they did so by signing a shared document declaring membership in the organization, including rules of conduct and what members responsibilities, costs, and penalties to rule breaking could be. The League of Merchants began to pool resources including their ships, personnel, information band contacts among other things and began sponsoring trade missions up and down the coast. Some of the important cities in the route became: Jarnfloi, Karlsholm, Argonvost, Woodsberg, Lamias, Mayos, Tyrunis, Kar Neza, Pharnae, and Horusia. As there activities increased trade in regions they were able to grow in influence and gain privileges in their port cities, among them being able to trade without incurring a tariff or tax for importing or exporting goods. They have continued operating in this way for the last 45 years.

Assets:

The League of Merchants is based on the west coast of Ferra from the north west to the south west of the islands. They have offices in each major port, and stake in the activities of the ports. They have a fleet of 120 well armed vessels to ward off pirates and sea serpents.

Relations:
The League of merchants has good relations with the banks.
Last edited by Cainesland on Tue May 28, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon May 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Utceforp wrote:

Essential Details

Name of Realm: The Nerakan Confederation

Rulers: High King Azhi Kharosen

Culture:The Nerakan Confederation is a tribal confederation comprised of four peoples - The Manu, the Oida, the Jekar, and the Avra. While it's hard to tell the difference between the four peoples in times of peace, during battle, each group decorates themselves with a symbol of their associated "sacred animal" - The Manu wear lion pelts on their heads, the Oida have massive horsehair plumes, the Avra attach elaborate "wings" made of wicker and eagle feathers to their armour, that whistle when they ride fast enough, and the Jekar wear jewelry made from cow horns. All four groups are pastoralist nomads - relying on gathering and hunting for food, and constantly moving their herds of cattle around in order to avoid using up one particular region of the steppe. Some Jekar and Manu clans in the southern, more fertile part of the steppe practice transhumance rather than "true" nomadism, but either way, they're frequently moving around. The Confederation has no clear internal or external borders - The lands "owned" by each of the four Peoples follow the movement of the Peoples themselves, not the other way around, although the Jekar generally live in the west, the Manu in the south, the Avra in the north, and the Oida in the east.

The Nerakans have five "sacred animals" - Cattle, horses, eagles, lions, and griffons. Cattle are their primary source of food and leather, and are integral to the Nerakan economy. All Nerakans learn to ride from a young age, and to hunt from horseback. All Nerakan warriors fight primarily from horseback, aside from Griffon riders. Golden eagles are used in hunting by falconers, and eagle feathers are used for fletching. Lions are a symbol of the High King and the goddess Nerak, who is said to take the form of a lioness on Earth. Nerakans are one of the few cultures on Aarde that can consistently tame Griffons, although it is a lengthy and highly dangerous process even for them. Griffons are considered the "beasts of kings", and the most elite Nerakan warriors ride them into battle instead of horses.

The Nerakans have no written record. Instead, shamans memorize history, law, medicine, and religion, and recite them in the form of poetry and song. The Nerakans allow and expect women to fight to the same extent men do, and there is no institutionalized sexism. (Although cultural sexism still exists, to an extent.) Polygamy is common among both genders, although "chains" of marriages are illegal - If a woman has multiple husbands, none of those husbands can have wives other than her, and vice versa. Each of the four Peoples is ruled by a Chief, who is selected by the elder shamans from among the people who can trace their ancestry all the way back to one of the four Great Princes. In turn, the High King or Queen is elected, with anyone who can trace their ancestry back to the Great Princes eligible as both an elector and a candidate. The "Children of Manya", the family of the Chiefs of the Manu, are elected to be High Kings and Queens as often as any of the other families combined, owing to their semi-sacred status and the fact that they founded the Confederation in the first place. Certain other significant decisions, such as declaring war, are also decided by a council of the clans rather than unilaterally by the monarch. Good and just rulers are considered to possess a metaphysical "Radiance", and rulers who are cruel or make poor decisions are said to have lost their Radiance. It is said that the ancient and greatest High Kings and Queens were so wise and just that their Radiance was physical, to the extent that they glowed from within and could melt metal by touching it.

In terms of ethnicity, Nerakans have features people from Earth would call "Central Asian". Nerakans generally have black or bright red hair, and brown eyes. The total population of the Confederation is approximately 280,000 people, with 30,000 living in Dejak Nesh, and the remainder roaming the steppe.

Religion: The Nerakans worship two gods. First and greatest of the two is the Sun, who is worshiped as the creator of all things and the highest and greatest being in existence. The second is the Sun's daughter, a warrior queen named Nerak. While the Sun is considered to be above Nerak, Nerak is more popular and is more emphasized in art and myth. There are thousands of other gods and minor spirits, of varying power, but none are considered worthy of worship aside from the Sun and Nerak. Nerak perpetually battles the demons of the world, who want to destroy the Sun and return the world to nothing. Whenever Nerak is temporarily defeated, an eclipse occurs.

The most famous and important myth in Nerakan tradition is the Death of Nerak. In the story, Nerak is betrayed and slain by her sister, Xibana, who is jealous of the worship she receives. The Sun grieves for a month, but then sacrifices half of his power in order to return Nerak to life, causing the cycle of day and night. Nerak returns to the land of the living, but when the Sun dips below the horizon, she decays into a corpse once more, only to return with the sunrise. The site where Nerak died and was reborn is believed to be Mount Devanta, an isolated mountain in the middle of Avra territory surrounded by flat plains. Mount Devanta is highly sacred, and every spring during the Festival of the New Dawn, thousands of pilgrims flock to the mountain to proclaim their devotion to Nerak and the Sun. Another myth states that long ago, Nerak fought an enormous dragon and defeated it, but was unable to kill it, and thus imprisoned it within the mountain, where it still roars and breathes fire to this day. Nerakans believe Nerak created the first Griffon to care for and defend an orphaned Manu prince.

Fire, sunlight, and lions are all sacred symbols associated with the Nerakan religion.

History:

According to legend, long ago, Nerak realized she was lonely in her fight against the demons of the world, and took four human princes as husbands: Jeki, Avan, Orun, and Manya, who would become known as the four "Great Princes". She had a thousand thousand children with them, who became the ancestors of the Nerakans. One day, the four husbands were arguing amongst themselves about who among them was the greatest, so Nerak issued them a challenge: Each of them would tame one animal, and he who tamed the greatest animal would be named the greatest among them. They disappeared into the wilderness to complete their task, and months later returned.

The first to return was Jeki, leading a cow behind him. Jeki paraded the cow around Nerak's tent, showing off its size and beautiful horns, and then slaughtered it. He carved it and served its meat and milk to Nerak's followers, then presented Nerak with a composite bow made from cattle horn and sinew. She smiled, and accepted his gifts.

Next to return was Avan, with a golden eagle resting on his outstretched arm. He demonstrated the bird's hunting abilities, served a feast of game it had caught, and presented Nerak with arrows made with eagle feathers. She clapped when the eagle caught its prey, and accepted Avan's gifts with a wide smile.

Third was Orun, who rode astride a slender long-necked horse, with a golden coat that had a metallic sheen. Orun rode around the outside of Nerak's tent, demonstrating his horse's speed and endurance, and used Jeki's bow and Avan's arrows to demonstrate his skill at firing from horseback. After his demonstration, he served potent airag made from the horse's milk to Nerak, who became drunk and danced and sung with her followers well into the night.

Finally arrived Manya, who stood beside an enormous lion. All of Nerak's court went quiet as Manya and his beast entered the room. The lion snarled and growled at the assembled people, but immediately stopped and began whimpering when Manya glared at it. A great cheer went up celebrating Manya's achievement. The lion was led back out of the tent, where it fled into the wild. Jeki, Avan, and Orun tried to match Manya's feat in the following months, but found it impossible.

For his great achievement, Nerak named Manya her greatest husband, and he was made the first High King. As a gift, Nerak gave Manya the "Radiance", a piece of her divinity that had become separated from her after her death. Manya became a demigod with this gift, and shined as bright as the Sun. Later High Kings and Queens would also claim the Radiance, although eventually it became lost, with most believing a particularly cruel and tyrannical ruler had it taken back from them by Nerak. The descendants of Jeki became the Jekar, the descendants of Avan became the Avra, the descendants of Orun became the Oida, and the descendants of Manya became the Manu.

Assets

Resources: Cattle, horses, and (in the north, around Nishdevanta) obsidian. The Nerakans have become wealthy off of the east-west Ferran trade network, which passes through their territory.

Strongholds: Non-applicable, unless you count the mobile tent settlements the Chiefs and High Kings and Queens hold their court in, which are far from "strongholds".

Towns: Two major settlements exist with Nerakan territory. The first is Nishdevanta, a settlement of pilgrims and merchants south of Mount Devanta that grows into a massive metropolis every spring and then declines into a small village for the rest of the year. The second is Dejak Nesh, which is located in Jekar territory on the western Ferran coast. While unlike Nishdevanta, Dejak Nesh is heavily populated all year round, it too is mostly home to foreign merchants, who import wares from Aea and southern Ferra and export them across the steppe to western Ferra.

Military

Military Commanders: High King Azhi Kharosen, Princess Ramesh Kharosdeti, Chief Simurg Simurgdeti, Chief Orun Yabgen, Kasta the Shaman

Military Strength: Cavalry. Lots of cavalry. Every Nerakan child learns to ride at the same time they learn to walk, and they learn to shoot from horseback not long after. About 60% of a Nerakan army consists of lightly-armoured and highly maneuverable horse archers. They use herding techniques designed to control cattle to instead control enemy soldiers. Another 35% consists of heavy cataphracts, with men and horses armoured head to toe in overlapping steel scales, wielding long spears and buckler shields, as well as short curved swords to finish off anyone who survives their charge. When the horse archers have harassed the enemy long enough, the cataphracts charge and strike the final blow.

In terms of absolute numbers, the Nerakans can levy approximately 75,000 warriors at any given time.

Special Troop: Griffon riders. The remaining 5% of a Nerakan army is comprised of the ruler, the Chiefs, and their elite bodyguards, who ride into battle on the back of tamed Griffons, armed and armoured similarly to the aforementioned cataphracts, and wielding long spears tipped with curved blades designed to pull unlucky enemy soldiers out of formation, off of a horse, or even into the air. Griffon riders are used as scouts and heavy cavalry that can attack from above.

Diplomatic Relations

Allies: The Northern Yekken Clans are believed by many to share a common ancestor with the Nerakans, including the Nerakans themselves. While the Yekken do not share the Nerakans' religious beliefs, the Nerakans believe their religion is indelibly tied to the land they inhabit, and thus do not fault their Yekken "brothers and sisters" for not worshiping Nerak. The trade that flows northeast from Mzenes and the Khars inevitably passes through Nerakan territory and is taxed by them, tying together the two groups economically as well as culturally. As such, the Nerakans and the Northern Clans have traditionally friendly relations, even as the southern Yek'nim cities sneer at the "northern barbarians".

Rivals:

Other Information

Location: (Image) The grey square marks Mount Devanta/Nishdevanta, and the red square marks Dejak Nesh.

Essential Details

Name of House: The Children of Manya

Leader: High King Azhi Kharosen

Family Members:

• Ramesh Kharosdeti (half-sister of Azhi)
  • Lyta Simurgdeti (mother of Azhi)
  • Kharos Yamgen (father of Azhi and Ramesh, deceased)
  • Tamri Yabgudeti (mother of Ramesh)
  • Kasta the Shaman (Court shaman, commander)

History: (See above for their early history.)

The current Chief of the Manu and High King of the Nerakan Confederation is Azhi, son of Kharos, son of Yamga. In the days when Kharos Yamgen was Chief of the Manu, the High King was Yabgu Turen, of the Children of Orun.

For many years, the Children of Orun had been in a feud with the Children of Manya, originating several generations ago when a Manu prince dishonourably killed an Oida princess in a duel. Even when the Children of Orun ascended to the position of the ruling family under Yabgu, the Manu continued to openly raid Oida territory. High King Yabgu viewed his possession of the crown as an opportunity to subdue the Manu and end this feud once and for all. However, the Manu had allies in the form of the Avra, whose Chief's sister was one of Chief Kharos's wives.

The Jekar remained stubbornly neutral in the feud, forcing High King Yabgu to look outside of the Confederation for allies against the Manu and Avra. King Yabgu found unlikely friends in the form of the Bank of Arca, who were upset by tariffs the previous High King had put in place on foreign trade, and had sent a messenger to Dejak Nesh to convey their displeasure. King Yabgu entered into a secret arrangement with the Arcans, agreeing to end the tariffs in exchange for the services of an army of Arcan mercenaries.

Yabgu struck quickly with his new assets, moving west and attacking the Manu camp while Kharos and most of his army were away on a hunt. He scored a great victory, capturing Kharos's eldest wife Lyta Simurgdeti and her newborn son Azhi. Not only was Lyta Kharos's wife, but her sister Simurg was Chief of the Avra. By controlling her, Yabgu hoped to control the two Peoples to which she belonged.

Yabgu sent a lock of Lyta's red hair to Kharos, along with a messenger with a list of his demands - The Manu would not only cease their raids on Oida territory, but would leave Nerakan territory entirely, to find a life elsewhere on Ferra. The Children of Avan would renew their oaths of service to the High King, and cut all ties with the Children of Manya, while Lyta Simurgdeti would become one of Yabgu's wives, to tie the two families together.

In defiance of these demands, the Children of Manya and Avan openly rose up in revolt. The Children of Jeki quietly stayed out of the conflict, although they expressed token support for Yabgu. Simurg Simurgdeti, sister of Lyta, was given command of the two Peoples' combined armies. She and her cataphracts crushed Yabgu's Arcan mercenaries at the Battle of the Red Hill, and Yabgu himself was slain when he removed his helmet to survey the battle and he was struck by an arrow. Kharos followed up on his sister-in-law's victory by attacking the camps of the Children of Orun, recovering his wife and son before they could be killed by Yabgu's followers in response to Simurg's victory.

The shamans of the Oida were divided between Yabgu's son and daughter Orun and Zharnaz in regards to who should succeed him as Chief. Zharnaz was an adult wanted to continue the war, while Orun was a young teenager and only wished to survive the wrath of Yabgu's enemies. When Kharos raided the Oida camps, he demanded the shamans choose Orun. Orun then swiftly surrendered to Kharos and Simurg. Kharos demanded that one of Yabgu's daughters become his wife, as repayment for the kidnapping of Lyta. Orun and Zharnaz chose their half-sister Tamri, as she was the daughter of Yabgu's second wife, unlike his other children.

An assembly of the great families was convened to select a new High King or Queen. The Children of Orun threw their support behind Simurg, hoping that a non-Manu would be more merciful to them. Unfortunately, this only made Simurg unpopular to the non-Oida electors, and thus Kharos was chosen. The Nerakans were at peace, but the war was not yet won. When Kharos raided the Oida camps, he discovered coins and equipment that had clearly been made across the sea - Yabgu had had the support of the Bank of Arca. Such a brazen attack could not be left unanswered, and Kharos began planning.

An army of archers and cataphracts would need a fleet to transport them, and would be spotted and crushed by the Arcans long before they reached land. But an army of griffons, if proper precautions were taken, could take a city by surprise and then be gone before they could be caught. That was the way.

For a decade Kharos waited, and prepared - he strengthened the fragile peace, he sent scouts to map the Vast Velea and the coastline of Aea, had spies watch the movements of Arcan airships, acquired oil and iron to make fire pots, and recruited and trained more and more Griffon riders. Finally, when the winds were right and the shamans gave favourable omens, he and his host set out.

Kharos and his army took flight from Dejak Nesh, paid for safe passage through Argonvost, and crossed the Vast Velea. Kharos's target was the city of Alais, the Arcan capital. When the coast of Aea was in sight, Kharos had his host ascend above the clouds. When they were directly over the city, he ordered the riders to drop. There would be no siege, or demand for surrender - Kharos had no intention of occupying the city.

While descending, Kharos had his riders drop fire pots full of flaming pitch on the city below. In the confusion that followed, the Griffon riders assaulted the soldiers on the city walls, but from within, tearing them apart with their Griffon's beaks. Soon after, the city surrendered, but several Arcan soldiers and civilians escaped to warn the Arcan military.

After taking the city, Kharos rounded up all the people who hadn't died in the initial assault or the great fire that followed. He had the majority killed, with the number of people left alive exactly equal to the number of Griffons he had left. He had the survivors tied up and saddled them on his Griffons. What was left of the city was put to the torch, while the Nerakans staying just long enough to ensure it all burned.

On their way to the coast of Aea, the Nerakans spotted an Arcan host on its way to respond to the sacking of Alais. As he had planned to, Kharos ordered the captives dropped on them. The captives died as they hit the ground or the Arcan soldiers themselves, creating the confusion necessary for Kharos and his host to escape.

The Sack of Arlais instantly made Kharos one of the greatest kings the Nerakans had ever known. Even the Oida were impressed by the daring act. Unfortunately, for such an impressive king, Kharos did not receive a dignified death. Kharos was struck down by dysentary eight years after the Sack, dying delirious and dehydrated in his tent. After his death, the cult of personality that had developed around him lead to the assembly of the clans almost unanimously choosing his eldest son, Azhi, to become the next High King.

Assets

Home: N/A (Nomadic)

Military Strength: The Manu are the greatest Griffon riders in the Confederation, able to field almost twice as of them as any of the other Peoples. The techniques memorized by Manu shamans who specialize in Griffon-training are something of a "state secret", although the Manu are willing to rent them to the other Peoples or even to foreign powers for a sufficiently high price. In terms of absolute numbers, they can field approximately 19,000 riders, further subdivided into 11,000 mounted archers, 7,000 cataphracts, and 1,000 Griffon riders.

Relations

Allies: The Children of Avan, the Children of Jeki

Rivals: The Children of Orun, Arcanus

Essential Details

Name of House: The Children of Orun

Leader: Chief Orun Yabgen

Family Members:

• Yabgu Turen (Father of Orun, deceased)
  • Tur Orunen (Son of Orun)
  • Zharnaz Yabgudeti (Sister of Orun)
  • Tamri Yabgudeti (Half-sister of Orun and Sharnaz)
  • Alshi, Nowza, and Turi (Wives of Orun)

History: (See above)

Assets

Military Strength: The Oida are the primary breeders of "Golden coursers", a long-legged narrow-shouldered breed of horse with a metallic golden coat, bred for its speed, stamina, and ability to survive on minimal amounts of food and water. These horses form the backbone of any Nerakan army. Also, appropriately, the Oida are usually considered the best riders of the Nerakans. In terms of absolute numbers, they can field approximately 21,000 riders, further subdivided into 13,900 mounted archers, 7,000 cataphracts, and 100 Griffon riders.

Relations

Allies:

Rivals: The Children of Manya

Essential Details

Name of House: The Children of Avan

Leader: Chief Simurg Simurgdeti

Family Members:

• Simurg the Elder (Mother of Simurg, deceased)
  • Sharuk Irajen (Father of Simurg, deceased)
  • Lyta Simurgdeti (Sister of Simurg)
  • Nowzar, Kabul, Gazna, Jikki (Husbands of Simurg)
  • Sharuk Simurgen (Son of Simurg and Nowzar)
  • Kabul Simurgen (Son of Simurg and Kabul)
  • Shamshi Simurgdeti (Daughter of Simurg and Nowzar)

History: Descended from Avan, the legendary "Eagle Prince", the Children of Avan form the ruling family of the Avra people. The Children of Avan have not held the High Kingship in some time, but nonetheless have become wealthy and influential under the rule of Simurg Simurgdeti, who negotiated a marriage between her sister and Kharos Yamgen. The Children of Avan rule the largest amount of territory of of the four clans, although most of that land is cold and barren. The sacred mountain of Devanta is within Avra territory, and they make much of their wealth from the traders who flock to its slopes during the Festival of the New Dawn. (See the app for Simurg Simurgdeti and the history of the Nerakans for further information.)

Assets

Military Strength: The Children of Avan are often considered the greatest hunters in the Confederation, as their barren territory cannot support many herds of cattle, and they are forced to get most of their food from hunting. In terms of absolute numbers, they can field approximately 10,000 riders, further subdivided into 7,000 mounted archers, 2,600 cataphracts, and 400 Griffon riders.

Relations

Allies: The Children of Manya

Rivals: The Children of Orun

Essential Details

Name: High King Azhi Kharosen

Appearance:

Build: Lean, muscular

Legacy

Allegiance: N/A (highest authority)

Profession: High King

Background: Azhi was the son of Chief Kharos of the Manu and his first wife Lyta Simurgdeti. When he was a toddler, he and his mother were kidnapped by the Oida in an attempt to keep the Manu loyal to the then-current High King, Yabgu Turen. Azhi then spent several months with the threat of execution hanging over his head, before being rescued when his father raided the Oida camps.

When Kharos decided to attack Arcanus for their support of High King Yabgu, Azhi was fifteen, not yet a man and yet no longer a child in the eyes of the Nerakans. As such Kharos let Azhi choose whether he wanted to accompany him on the raid. Azhi declined, fearing the high risks involved in such an action. He would later regret this decision when his father came back having won a lopsided victory.

Azhi had suffered debilitating nightmares his entire life, but when his father died, they began to worsen. Moreover, they began to intrude into his waking life - Azhi began hearing his father speak to him as he went about his daily business. Azhi shared this information with nobody but his mentor and close friend Kasta. The assembled descendants of the Great Princes chose Azhi as the new High King, due to his father's accomplishments and a hope that he could match them. For the last three years Azhi has been High King, although he hasn't accomplished much yet.

Beliefs

Religion: Nerakan Sun worship

Motivation: To be as accomplished as his father

Personal

Dislikes: Fighting, the minutiae of rulership

Hobby: Caring for his griffon

Essential Details

Name: Chief Simurg Simurgdeti

Appearance:

Build: 5'6, muscular

Legacy

Allegiance: High King Azhi Kharosen

Profession: Chief of the Avra

Background: Simurg Simurgdeti became Chief of the Children of Avan at age 15, following the death of her mother Simurg the Elder in a duel. During the first decade of her rule, she came into her own as a cunning leader when she negotiated a betrothal between her younger sister Lyta and Kharos Yamgen of the Children of Manya.

When Lyta and her son Azhi was kidnapped by Arcan mercenaries under the orders of High King Yabgu, Simurg gathered her warriors in order to recover her, soon followed by Kharos. While Kharos rode for the Oida camps, Simurg met the mercenaries at the Red Hill in eastern Avra territory.

Simurg hid the majority of her cataphracts behind the hill and advanced forward with only her mounted archers. She harassed the Arcan mercenaries for over an hour, having her archers ride in a loose circle around the enemy formation while firing inwards, expanding the circle whenever they advanced, and closing it whenever they retreated. Finally, she allowed some of her riders to get into a protracted fight with some of the mercenaries, then feigned a retreat up the hill, tricking the exhausted and confused mercenaries into following them upwards. When the mercenaries had all-but abandoned their formation in hasty pursuit of her archers, her cataphracts crested the hill and rode them down. Yabgu and his Oida riders arrived late in an attempt to relieve his mercenaries, but soon after his arrival, he was struck through the eye by a stray arrow, and his forces were ridden down in the chaos that followed.

After her victory, she nominated herself for the position of High Queen, to replace Yabgu. It was a close race between her and Kharos, but ironically, the Children of Orun throwing their support behind her alienated the other voters and allowed Kharos to get the position. At first she was highly resentful of this upset victory, but over time, those feelings cooled.

Simurg was one of the Griffon riders who participated in the Sack of Arlais, under the command of High King Kharos. She or her griffon slew many of the Arcan soldiers guarding the walls of the city. After the Sack, Simurg finally took husbands, and had two sons and a daughter with them. She is unsure of how effective a ruler Azhi Kharosen will be, but is dedicated to ensuring his reign is a happy one.

Beliefs

Religion: Nerakan Sun worship

Motivation: In no particular order: Ensuring the prosperity of the Nerakan people, ensuring the prosperity of the Avra people, being rewarded with the honours she deserves for her actions to ensure the prosperity of her people

Personal

Dislikes: Cowards, pointless niceties

Hobby: Hunting

Essential Details

Name of Creature: Steppe Lion

Appearance:

Description: Steppe Lions are a type of big cat commonly found in central, northern, and northwestern Ferra. Steppe Lions are significantly larger than their southern cousins, have lighter fur and shorter manes, and are solitary rather than pack hunters. Steppe Lions primarily subsist on reindeer and wild horses. They will occasionally scavenge Griffon kills, but mostly steer clear of them. Steppe Lions are sacred symbols to the Nerakans, emblematic of Nerak and of nature itself, and considered the equals and opposites of the High Kings and Queens. Despite this, the Nerakans aren't averse to killing them - hunting one down on one's own is a traditional rite of passage upon entering adulthood, and herders regularly have to protect their horses from them.

Made an app for the Children of Avan, added civilian and military population numbers to all relevant apps, and condensed everything into a single post with spoilers for easy viewing. Will have apps for Chief Orun Yabgen, Kasta the Shaman, and the Children of Jeki by the end of the day, at which point I will probably consider myself done.
Signatures are so 2014.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon May 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Essential Details

Name: King Edmon Clarifont VII.

Appearance: As per request.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

Build: Physically fit and toned (5’11).

Legacy

Allegiance: N/a.

Profession: King of Aratas.

Background: Born was one of two twins, and as the second child of King Edmon the sixth, under normal circumstances; he should never have seen the throne. But alas, these were no ordinary circumstances. His father had had a bastard before him, in the form of Prince Elliot, and his twin-sibling was of the fairer sex, altering the line of succession quite dramatically and placing him at the top of the pyramid. Thankfully, his brother had always resented the idea of reigning as Monarch, and proved relieved by the news that finally succession was gifted to another.

Edmon, as was expected of a Prince of Aratas received a full courtly education at the hands of the royal tutors, employed directly from the most prestigious Universities in the realm. Here in Aratas, Monarchs don’t go to universities, they come to the Monarch. At the age of five, he picked up his first sword - as is the tradition in all Clarifont male children. Their house long being known for its mastery of the sword, ever since King Edmon the first cut down the Storm King outside the walls of Ismethemar.

By age fourteen, he was described by the head of his father’s Royal Guard, Sir Brandon Blackwater as one of the best young swordsmen he’d ever seen. Rivaling even some of the Royal Guards’ own squires and subordinates. Fortunately, thus far - it’s been a rare event he’s ever had to use his skills in a practical sense. Though this would change, when at seventeen - he and two members of the Royal Guard, alongside a number of their Household’s men-at-arms engaged a group of Brigands who’d been tormenting farmers along the Ara. It was here he’d take his first life. It’s said that on the banks of the Ara, he cut down three men, one of whom was twice his size and could’ve snapped his neck like it were a twig, given the chance. Sir Elliot Dondaron, a member of the Royal Guard is even quoted as saying, ”Never in my days of Royal service, have I seen such a man. Who with blade in hand, moves with such elegance and swiftness. Truly the blood of Edmon the first, runs in his veins.”

But alas, he wouldn’t have much time to build upon this reputation - for three months after his Eighteenth birthday, his father would perish, having struggled with a high fever for a full month. Thus, in the year of our lord, 1101 CE - He was crowned, King Edmon the seventh of Aratas. Long may he reign.

With limited experience in commanding men, and little reputation to behold outside being well-spoken, and having a natural affinity for the sword - it’s currently unknown how his reign will be characterised. But those close to his father, and perhaps even to him - all speak highly of his character, claiming the boy to have a strong sense of honour and duty. Taking all tasks onboard without hesitation and with an intense diligence.

Beliefs

Religion: Asignism.

Motivation: The primary driving factor behind Edmon, is his sense of duty to his people and to his nation. To see the realm prosper, and peace reign. He is young, and thus knows he must prove his worth to his subjects, through unending vigilance and dedication to his work.

Personal

Dislikes: Cowardice, laziness & depravity.

Hobby: Sparring, riding & drawing.

Essential Details

Name: Princess Lyaera Clarifont.

Build: Slender, dainty (5’10).

Legacy

Allegiance: King Edmon Clarifont.

Profession: Heir presumptive of Aratas.

Background: Lyaera was born a full forty minutes before Edmon, as his twin sister. From a young age - it was clear the two had an unbreakable bond, that only fellow twins would understand. They studied together, they ate together and even slept in the same chambers. Though a divergence would inevitably come, not in their relationship - but in their destinies. With Edmon being a male heir to the throne, he was sent to study mathematics, strategy and swordsmanship. While she was sent to learn of courtly functions and how to adequately manage a household. In addition to this, she was permitted far more liberty in pursuing an education she desired, rather than what was necessary. She studied astronomy and drew star-charts for navigation, as well as a number of foreign languages.

Upon the death of her father, her brother almost immediately named her his heir presumptive. Following their half-brother’s choice to refuse her brother’s offer of legitimization. She was also given the position of the Royal Castellan, responsible for managing the royal household. She is the woman behind his grand coronation, the ensuing ball and even the numerous fairs held in the city in his honour. And has proven extremely talented in arranging such festivities, quickly earning herself a reputation as a gregarious and diligent host.

Beliefs

Motivation: Her devotion to her brother, her people and the pursuit of knowledge.

Personal

Likes: The sciences, socialising with low and high born alike & experiencing foreign languages and cultures.

Dislikes: Deceit, agitation & bigotry.

Hobby: Socialising, painting & singing.

Essential Details

Name: Prince Elliot Clarifont.

Build: Toned, worn (6’2).

Legacy

Allegiance: King Edmon Clarifont.

Profession: Prince of Aratas.

Background: Prince Elliot is both the eldest and only illegitimate of the Clarifont children. Born nine years before the two younger siblings, to one of the Ladies in waiting of the court. Although he was illegitimate, he wasn’t born out of infidelity, as his father at the time was unwed. Rather, he was born of a night of passion between two unmarried figures, alas his mother would die during the childbirth and never live to be dishonored by the actions, and his father would later wed another. But never did he allow his son’s status to hinder his devotion to him.

The bastard boy, perhaps the first in generations - received a full royal tutelage and trained alongside the Royal Guard, as was the case with all royal heirs. He grew into a talented young swordsman and even lead troops into combat in a number of smaller conflicts, usually against internal threats and foreign raiders. Proving to be a true commander of men, having a natural aura of humility that inspired the loyalty of the lowborn and the admiration of the high.

When his younger half-brother reached five, it was Elliot who gave him his first sword and took him for his first spar. Elliot only being fourteen, which in Aratas - was the year a boy became a man. The two bonded greatly over the years, and came to view each other as the greatest of friends, despite the decent age-gap between them. Though the same couldn’t be said for Elliot and his younger sister, who he rarely found the time for and very rarely spoke with. Though that’s not to say they didn’t get along, merely that they had a disconnect.

Now, Elliot serves as Commander of the Capital’s garrison and as a key advisor to his younger brother, passing down his experience on the battlefield, of his studies and in swordsmanship - confident, that his younger sibling will do all that he can, to see the realm prosper under his fair rule.

Beliefs

Motivation:

Personal

Dislikes: Treachery, dishonourable conduct & injustice.

Hobby: Sparring, falconry & archery.

I'm just going to edit this post to include future character applications, rather than post multiple times.
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Mon May 27, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lisbane
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Mon May 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Essential Details

Name: Gustav Mittoson, Master of the Broadsword

Appearance: Viking-like, without axe and shield instead with claymore

Build: 6ft 4' - very muscular overall

Legacy

Allegiance: Ironstone King Ragnar the Elder

Profession: Knight

Background: Born as a bastard of the House of Fortvivlan, Gustav's childhood was spent in the flesh market of Mitto - the origin of his surname - and there he learned many unsavory arts. He spent most of his childhood begging for money, whilst his mother worked in the Flesh House - selling her body so she could provide for herself and Gustav. When he was not begging for money, he was stealing it; early on he learned that a bastard child of a whore goes unnoticed in the crowd, and that many a man did not notice as his purse was taken from him.

He continued like this until he was 13, for this was when a boy turned to a man. His mother, not wanting to further provide for her child, sent her son to the docks. There, he was shoved aboard a fishing boat and went to sea. He worked hard for two years, until he was old enough to join his local lord's naval militia. On his 15th birthday he took to the walk for the last time to his fishing boat, informed the laughing crew of his leaving, and signed the sign up papers at the recruitment station (he didn't actually know how to read). He boarded a cog - the biggest ship he had ever seen in his life - and was handed a spear, some padded clothing, and over-sized chainmail.

Gustav would thrive in this new job, on his first deployment he was sent with his crew to protect an important merchant ship bound for the Ironstone Keep. When a Pirate vessel attacked the merchants, and the militia rushed to their aid, Gustav jumped from the cog onto the Pirate's vessel. He rushed head long into their ranks, and on the end of his spear impaled one of them. With a laugh, he dropped his spear, took out a sabre, and rushed into the thick of it. His crew soon followed him, and the pirates were laid to waste. The Captain saw potential in him, and he quickly rose through the ranks. Eventually, at the age of 28, he would have his own vessel, and his own crew. This was a great accomplishment for a man of his age, and he would be recognized as such when the King ordered him Knighted.

Going onwards, Gustav would lead a series of successful raids against the Confederation, Pirates, and all other enemies of the crown. However, all was not well. In his last deployment, he was ordered to crush a band of rebelling peasants on Vengeilo - the island upon which the Golden Keep stands - and set up a regular patrol in order to keep them in line. When he reached the island, and his crew of 200 disembarked, Gustav was shot in the shoulder with a bolt from a crossbow. Reeling in pain, he looked forward to see where it came from and saw it; a man in the colours of House Vengeily, reloading his crossbow. He ordered his crew to return fire, and so they did, upon which they were ambushed from a nearby forest. Gustav fought long and hard to save his crew, and 20 odd managed to get back on the vessel. However, as he prepared to sail, a fire arrow landed at his feet, and a hundred more around the ship. Gustav screamed in anguish, and flung himself into the sea. There he floated for several days aboard a small remnant of the vessel. Washing up unconscious at the port in Sjorohamn.

He was taken to a local doctor who, after giving him a series of herbal concoctions, woke him. Upon his awakening, Gustav learned of his fate. He was to be exiled from the realm, a traitor who turned on his own crew and slaughtered them to the last. Burning with anger, but also of a tactical mind, Gustav decided to embrace his exile. He left for the Confederation, where he was known by name, but not by appearance. Going by a series of fake names. However, the Confederation did not excite him, nor did it particularly suit him; life was quiet and slow, a merchant's dream for sure. Gustav left once again, this time for the Koinon realms. He had heard much of these people, however upon his arrival he learned of their dis-unified nature. He could never learn all of these peoples and their cultures, and as such, he left quickly. This time, he left for Acarnus.

Acarnus suit him greatly. It was a land of Knights and Squires, of great men and battles, and a land of opportunity. It is here where he acquired his claymore - Ironborn - and where he mastered it as a weapon. He went from town to town, working as a mercenary and, if he liked, as a Militiaman - completely free of charge, his payment was the thrill of killing bandits and protecting the common folks. He knew the hardships of life better than most, and wanted to protect those who needed it most. After gaining a small reputation among the peasant folk, it was time for him to leave once again. Giving the last of his silver to a group of orphans, he left for the Ironstone Islands once again.

Arriving before the election of Ragnar, he was a man with one singular purpose - vengeance. However, it was here that he was once again thwarted. Landing on Vengeilo, he drew his claymore. A Salt-Priest stopped him as he approached a guard, and begged him to follow him to the sea. Gustav was intrigued, and his anger subsided for a moment. He followed the Priest, and there on the shore, water up to his ankles, he was sworn into a secretive order. Its true name was not revealed to him, he knew it only as the "Order". From there, his life grew more exciting. He learned very little of the order, only tidbits of knowledge from old veterans who trained him in his favourite weapon, the broadsword. He was sent across the world, working as an Agent for this order in accomplishing its goals. The list of exotic places he has been is too long to fit on a manuscript, and the list of men he has killed in the name of the order is even longer. Now, he is called back to the Ironstone Keep, Ragnar is now mid-way into his rule and has a mission for this agent - one of the greatest importance.

Beliefs

Religion: The Faith of the Great Sea Serpent

Motivation: To serve the order and his king in any way possible, and to somehow exact vengeance against House Vengeily

Personal

Likes: Sparring, the sight of blood, adrenaline rushes, sailing, swimming

Dislikes: House Vengeily, soldiers who use ranged weapons - especially crossbows, assassination (will do when necessary - just doesn't like it), intrigue in general

Hobby: Forestry, Carpentry, and a tad bit of Smithing
Last edited by Lisbane on Mon May 27, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon May 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Am thinking of putting up an app for a seafaring style Empire loosely based on the Aztecs and the old pacific kingdoms, but wanted to check if y'all think we're already pretty saturated with state/nation apps? I could focus on making a char for someone else's nation/faction if that'd fit better at this point :3
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon May 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Bentus wrote:Am thinking of putting up an app for a seafaring style Empire loosely based on the Aztecs and the old pacific kingdoms, but wanted to check if y'all think we're already pretty saturated with state/nation apps? I could focus on making a char for someone else's nation/faction if that'd fit better at this point :3

Old Pacific? Like what?
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Mon May 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Bentus wrote:Am thinking of putting up an app for a seafaring style Empire loosely based on the Aztecs and the old pacific kingdoms, but wanted to check if y'all think we're already pretty saturated with state/nation apps? I could focus on making a char for someone else's nation/faction if that'd fit better at this point :3

Ah, you were in the Broken Crown RP with me quite some time ago - if you don't want to dig up a spot for a nation, you're more than welcome to have an organization, character or group of characters in Aratas with me!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon May 27, 2019 5:48 pm

If you can't find a place for your nation, "seafaring Aztecs" might fit in well in Lazarian's "Yek'sik Empire".
Signatures are so 2014.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon May 27, 2019 6:21 pm

Essential Details

Name of Organization: Order of The Torch

Leader: Torchbearer Camille Cinelu

Description: The Order of The Torch exists as a merger between the original Order of The Torch and the former Thieves Guild. The Order originated as a collection of adventurers seeking artifacts around the globe in the search for wealth and power. Over time more criminals began to join the Order and the two organizations merged in the pursuit of hidden treasure, wealth, fame, and glory and to ensure the common thief's place in the world. The Order created a criminal stronghold Freeholdt in the mountains of Hygard. For decades they have pursued artifacts of high value and have some times served as mercenaries hired by rulers to track down a lost family heirloom. If it is needed found, The Order of The Torch exists to find it.

Leadership is determined by several trials put together by the current Torch-Bearer when it is time to pass it on. These include challenges to prove the ability to lead, the ability to steal, and the ability to fight. A torch-bearer can be challenged. In the case of an abrupt death, i.e. illness or assassination, the three council members (The Braziers) will select a new challenger. The order is largely independent with the Torch-bearer only handling the affairs of Freeholdt and alliances with other organizations. The Order of The Torch has rings in cities in every continent however if you want the support of the order you'll have to confront the Torch-bearer in Freeholdt first.

The current leader, Camille Cinelu, is fairly unknown compared to her predecessor. Having been a Torch-bearer for two years, she wishes to reform The Order of The Torch from a criminal safehaven back to a thieves-only syndicate and believes that those who committed larger crimes are freebooters do not deserve the sanction and resources provided by the Torch. Crimes committed within the tower carry the sentence of death. No thievery among thieves shall be tolerated by the higherups within the Order.

Assets:
Freeholdt: A large tower complex in the mountains of southwest Hygard, Freeholdt has existed for generations. Freeholdt has a steady population of 450, most of them being rich and accomplished thieves. There is a vault within containing riches accessible only by the Torch-bearer herself.
The Order possesses several transport ships from around the world. They can lease these to any eager pickpocket's who make a valid case to The Order.
The Order is also in possession of a very large library which consists of books and maps related to legends and mythos.
Weaponry lines the outside of the tower, including anti-air.
Local's inhabiting the nearby mountains are sometimes hired to provide scouting and hunting for the Order.
Have an archaeology branch which operates more in the spotlight than the Order.

Relations: -Unnamed Character
Last edited by The Central Shadow Nation on Mon May 27, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Mon May 27, 2019 7:29 pm

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35744030#p35744030

Added some organizations, places, and creatures.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue May 28, 2019 12:46 am

Utceforp wrote:

If you can't find a place for your nation, "seafaring Aztecs" might fit in well in Lazarian's "Yek'sik Empire".

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:

Ah, you were in the Broken Crown RP with me quite some time ago - if you don't want to dig up a spot for a nation, you're more than welcome to have an organization, character or group of characters in Aratas with me!

I quite like the sound of both ideas! Am considering a smuggler/pirate character at the moment but still aren't entirely set on anything. I also wanted to bring up the old spectre of gunpowder weapons - is there no gunpowder at all (as in it doesn't exist in this world) or is it that there's no firearms? Am asking from a naval warfare standpoint to see if everything would be limited to boarding actions or not :3
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Rastrian
Spokesperson

Founded: May 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Rastrian » Tue May 28, 2019 12:52 am

Bentus wrote:
Utceforp wrote:If you can't find a place for your nation, "seafaring Aztecs" might fit in well in Lazarian's "Yek'sik Empire".

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:

I quite like the sound of both ideas! Am considering a smuggler/pirate character at the moment but still aren't entirely set on anything. I also wanted to bring up the old spectre of gunpowder weapons - is there no gunpowder at all (as in it doesn't exist in this world) or is it that there's no firearms? Am asking from a naval warfare standpoint to see if everything would be limited to boarding actions or not :3

No gunpowder at all, I'm afraid. For the most part, it is just boarding and ramming.
I'm an ATHEIST COMMUNIST from AUSTRALIA with CELTIC HERITAGE, ASPERGERS and a keen interest in FLAGS.
Pro: Communism, secularism, democracy, communalism, unions, mutual respect of people as humans, science.
Anti: Capitalism, theism's stranglehold on society, dictatorship, enforced respect (SJWs, anti-blasphemy laws etc.), creationism.
I will respect you. If your ideas are stupid, I won't respect those, and don't ask me to.
Fairly poor socialist country, recently revolted against a monarchistic state and with an economy rising slowly.
I am a fan of classical, experimental and indie music.
Will eat Brussels Sprouts, but only raw ones. I cannot abide cooked ones.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse