NATION

PASSWORD

Here’s my draft; took me a while so please look it over

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Here’s my draft; took me a while so please look it over

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun May 19, 2019 4:42 am

WHEREAS those accused of criminal acts can be arrested without charges and held in jail in many Nationstates; and

WHEREAS, in many countries, no one can order the police forces to ask why those who are accused of criminal acts are being held; and

WHEREAS, those accused of crimes, including nonviolent ones can be held in jail forever without charges.

BELIEVING that a judiciary officer of the World Assembly or the Nationstate in which those accused of criminal acts is arrested has the right to declare Writ of Habeas Corpus, and demand that a legal representative of the police force explain why the detained is being held in jail, while still

NOTING that during times of war this would not have to apply; be it

RESOLVED, that Writ of Habeas Corpus apply in criminal cases of both national and international law, and be it

FURTHER RESOLVED that the term Writ of Habeas Corpus is defined as used in an example above, and that the World Assembly security council has the right to condemn any nation that does not follow this law
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sun May 19, 2019 5:02 am

OOC: Welcome to the World Assembly! Unfortunately, we've already had a number of resolutions on the topic of habeas corpus, one of which is still in effect (see here). It's a good idea to search that thread for keywords on your intended topic before you start drafting your proposal so you don't either waste your time or reinvent the wheel. If you have other ideas, give that thread a few searches, or have a look at this thread for proposal ideas. Good luck!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 am

Good luck!
And congratulations on having the sense to post your idea here for feedback, instead of just going straight ahead and submitting it: Far too many new would-be-authors don't bother...

*(sends over a gift basket of this nation's produce, including a large jar of high-quality honey and a large bottle of high-quality maple syrup as well as assorted fruits and nuts, for your national government: if there's something on the list that's unsuitable for any reason then substitutions can be arranged)*
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun May 19, 2019 7:54 am

Category? Strength/Area of Effect?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Return to General Assembly