NATION

PASSWORD

Heroes of Tomorrow Redux [DONE]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 am

Forest State wrote:
Castelia wrote:snip

That's uh...

A bit similar to the Young Guardians director, don't you think. Maybe?

Other than that, what limits him from finding something powerful just one time and over relying on that?

Oh, crap. Sorry, I must have skipped over a bit and missed the Director. Sorry about that. I'll change my application.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am

I'll be blunt, Endem, going for a character of that type just isn't going to work most likely in terms of personality and bio. Power's fine, but his motivation still doesn't hold up, he's still unreliable, still doesn't seem like the type to stick around. And realistically, he'd probably end up dead rather than imprisoned.

Personally, I'd say give up on going for that whole vein of character, keep the power, but give them a different personality/motive/background.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sraelyn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:16 pm

GIOVANNI SALAZAR

Name: Giovanni Salazar
Nickname/Alias: Bloodhound
Appearance:

Build: 6’2”, 176lbs
Faction: Young Guardians
Power Classification: Genetic

Description of Powers:
Haemokinesis - Giovanni can control, shape, clot and crystallize blood. However he is unable to control or extract intravascular blood, as well as dried,frozen or burnt blood.

Bloodlust - He can manipulate his blood flow to increase his strength, stamina and agility twofold

Blood Consumption - Ingesting blood will replenish his own, as well as heal superficial or minor wounds.

Blood Hunt – Giovanni can sense the presence of the last person from whom he ingested blood, up to a 2 mile radius.

Weaknesses: Overuse of his bloodlust ability can cause him cardiac problems.
In absence of other blood sources he may drain himself to the point of unconsciousness or death.
Tends to be self-distructive and has little regards for his own physical safety.

Equipment: A butterfly knife, a rolled cigarette case, a silver lighter, and a flask filled with Grappa.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
Nationality: Spanish-Italian
Hometown: Rome
Sexuality: 1 on the Kinsey Scale

Personality: Outwardly laid-back, friendly, and confident. He is starting to increasingly doubt in himself and his role in the world. He can become quite aggressive, temperamental and self-distructive if pressured enough. After his father’s death he has shown substance abuse tendencies when in emotional distress. Notable hostility towards telepaths and mind readers
Motivation: To strike at the Consortium, hone his skills, and eventually find out who killed his father and avenge him.

Biography: Being born as the eldest child of La Contessa and the Hound, a pair of villains from Italy and Spain respectively, seemed to place Giovanni on the path to become a villain from an early age. Despite his parents activities outside the family's home, he and his younger brother and sister were raised in a loving if somewhat unorthodox manner. Since he first showed signs of his powers at the age of 12, in addition to recieving a formal education, he was trained in Savate as well as in the use of his abilities. This was per his own request, as he wished to one day join his parents, whom he idolized.

While Giovanni grew up and furthered his training, Hound and La Contessa decided to formally join Vanguard, a regional villain team based in Rome and led by Princep, that operated throughout the Western Mediterranean, and which Giovanni was expected to join once he had reached 21. However this would never come to pass.

Vanguard had been feuding with the Bengali Consortium for a couple of months. Princep heavily opposed their growing “foreign” influence in the region, resulting in an increasing number or clashes between both groups. All this culminated on March 30th, Giovanni’s 21st birthday, and the day he was supposed to be initiated into Vanguard. Before the ceremony could start, and with most of the leadership of the group in one place, their base was attacked in force by the Consortium. Giovanni was captured and his mind violently probed in search of information while the battle raged on, until he was rescued by his mother. Although ultimately they managed to beat their assailants back, it was a phyrric victory. Vanguard was now in shambles, most of it's senior members, including the Hound and Princep had been murdered and with the very real possibility that someone had betrayed them and given the location of their hideout.

During the following months, what was left of Vanguard was hunted down or recruited into the Consortium, while Giovanni hid with his mother and siblings. Eventually they decided to move to New York, where Contessa offered to give DRMA information on many European Villains and groups, in exchange of protection for her family. Lacking a clear purpose now, Giovanni decided to join the Young Guardians Program, thinking it would be the best way to grow stronger and with some luck be able to strike at the Consortium and even avenge his father and the Vanguard one day.

#HOTApp
That God's name is Abraxas

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:54 pm

Sraelyn wrote:snip

Accepted.

Feel free to have him doing something at the resort, we moved to evening for the vacation time skip.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Castelia wrote:-snip-

Okay, my application is finished and ready for review. Please tell me if there is anything else I need to change.
Last edited by Castelia on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Most of the weapons look fine on their own. I'd say the gatling gun is probably overpowered considering the high caliber, high rate of fire, and no recoil.

But I would also say that since these are all good weapons and are more than enough to get by in a fight with, he could maybe choose three to use at any given time since right now he's kind of a Swiss Army knife with a ton to choose from in any given battle?

The overall concept of the armor works, but it's going to have to sacrifice something because it does too many things. It's as durable as a tank, immune to electronics attacks for the most part, and he can fly at Mach 1, which is as fast as some early fighter jets. It also shouldn't have its own weapons, since he already has a lot of weapons and the armor does a ton of things without it.

I'm sure you just didn't realize this while writing the app, but this character is basically stronger than the vast majority of characters that have appeared so far when it comes to 1v1 combat, and that includes NPC villains who are intended as main bosses. And while there are weaknesses, they're outnumbered a ton by the long list of strengths.

The overall concept doesn't have to be changed, though.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:37 pm

Forest State wrote:-snip-

I appreciate your input, and I thank you for them.

Ah, so about the weapons part, I'll put into his weaknesses that he can only use one of the weapons in any given time. He's primarily based on a video game character, so I think the concept of him being able to use only one then having to deactivate it first to switch to another applies here. I'd like to keep the Gatling gun though.

As for the armor, I'll remove the mach flight capability. I'll reduce it to something more reasonable. Hmm, how does 200 km/hr sound? Just about as fast a race car, I think.

And yeah, I'll remove the onboard weapons suite, but I'd like to keep the suit's ability to enhance the power of his other weaponry.

I'd also add some more weaknesses for him, including a weaker than normal body due to growing up in poverty, but they'd all apply when he's not using the Marks.
Last edited by Castelia on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Castelia wrote:

I appreciate your input, and I thank you for them.

Ah, so about the weapons part, I'll put into his weaknesses that he can only use one of the weapons in any given time. He's primarily based on a video game character, so I think the concept of him being able to use only one then having to deactivate it first to switch to another applies here. I'd like to keep the Gatling gun though.

As for the armor, I'll remove the mach flight capability. I'll reduce it to something more reasonable. Hmm, how does 200 km/hr sound? Just about as fast a race car, I think.

And yeah, I'll remove the onboard weapons suite, but I'd like to keep the suit's ability to enhance the power of his other weaponry.

I'd also add some more weaknesses for him, including a weaker than normal body due to growing up in poverty, but they'd all apply when he's not using the Marks.

I still maintain that he's too much of a Swiss Army knife in terms of ability. I think using one weapon at a time doesn't really change anything if he can switch in the middle of a battle to a different one. That's not really different from what any character experiences, nobody is exactly dual wielding.

As you have him right now, he's basically on a boss character level of skill and not regular player character level.

Most characters, even powerful NPCs, focus on doing something really well and if they do that thing really well, they suffer in other areas. For example, if someone had armor which could withstand anti tank rounds, they would typically not have other abilities. They might be an intelligence type who just uses inventions, and the armor is their invention, for example.

Or if a character has a really powerful offensive ability, like say, a bunch of custom made weapons which are stronger than the conventional options, they would typically suffer in defense to make up for their increased offensive ability. An example would be the Ghosts, an enemy we saw in the Shanghai mission. They're basically super soldiers to an extent, they're well trained and they have good weapons with a crack aim, but they're still regular people. You can counter them by landing hits since they don't have something like heavy armor.

Your character's weakness says overspecialization but is basically anything but overspecialized since it's extremely difficult for most factions to hurt him (the majority of powers don't allow for the equivalent damage of an AT gun, and not everyone just carries anti tank weapons around), he has a ton of weapons to use for different scenarios (including a gatling gun which deals massive damage and has no downside other than being immobile, which isn't that much of a problem since the vast majority of enemies can't hurt him), and smaller boosts on top of this base skillset which already makes him one of the most powerful people in the RP period when it comes to single combat, if not the most powerful.

Off the top of my head the only two characters I can think of who are stronger are Tali Couture, or Overlord, and Cori Amori. Both of them are villainous NPCs meant as boss characters. And Tali isn't even stronger per say, she would probably go down in a fight to this character and I'm only listing her as stronger because she can regenerate from it afterwards.

I understand that there's weaknesses there, but having too many strengths overshadows them almost completely. There's not that many situations where they would practically affect him.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 pm

Ah, I see. Hmmm, I'm not really sure what to do now, aside from removing the powered armor and the melee weapons to ensure he's primarily a firearms guy with weaknesses to melee combat. Would that work?

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:31 pm

Castelia wrote:

Ah, I see. Hmmm, I'm not really sure what to do now, aside from removing the powered armor and the melee weapons to ensure he's primarily a firearms guy with weaknesses to melee combat. Would that work?

I wouldn't say you have to remove the power armor but you'd have to pick some kind of specialty.

Either go defensive and keep the armor but limit it so he can only use a small amount of weapons during each mission, maybe if he had limited space to carry them or something, and basically get rid of the other abilities than the armor's natural defensive strength (since that's already really, really strong on its own), or go with the more offensive style and use more weapons but have more vulnerability to attack at the same time.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Forest State wrote:I wouldn't say you have to remove the power armor but you'd have to pick some kind of specialty.

Either go defensive and keep the armor but limit it so he can only use a small amount of weapons during each mission, maybe if he had limited space to carry them or something, and basically get rid of the other abilities than the armor's natural defensive strength (since that's already really, really strong on its own), or go with the more offensive style and use more weapons but have more vulnerability to attack at the same time.

I see, thank you very much for this input. I'd love keep the weapons load out, though, so I'll remove the powered armor so that Thomas can have weaknesses, mainly that he's extremely vulnerable if an enemy manages to hit him. My plan for Thomas is basically an overwhelming force in offensive power, but if an enemy can somehow wade through his fire and hit him, he'll go down in probably even a single blow. This makes Thomas extremely vulnerable to stealth characters, since if they manage to sneak up on him, he's basically toast.
Last edited by Castelia on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 pm

Castelia wrote:
Forest State wrote:I wouldn't say you have to remove the power armor but you'd have to pick some kind of specialty.

I see, thank you very much for this input. I'd love keep the weapons load out, though, so I'll remove the powered armor so that Thomas can have weaknesses, mainly that he's extremely vulnerable if an enemy manages to hit him. My plan for Thomas is basically an overwhelming force in offensive power, but if an enemy can somehow wade through his fire and hit him, he'll go down in probably even a single blow. This makes Thomas extremely vulnerable to stealth characters, since if they manage to sneak up on him, he's basically toast.

That sounds fine, I'll say he's accepted once the edits are made in the app.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:02 am

Forest State wrote:
Castelia wrote:That sounds fine, I'll say he's accepted once the edits are made in the app.

Edit is done. I've added another weakness for him that's part of his Sickly Prodigy weakness, Lack of Stamina. Basically, if you can tire Thomas out in a fight, he's helpless.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:31 am

Formally accepted.
don't tread on me

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 am

ANDREW SCOTT

Name: Andrew Scott
Nickname/Alias: Paralyze
Appearance:
What he looks like without his mask
He usually wears a Electronic Mask showing the image of wide open eyes and unnaturally long smile, the mask is powered by his power ( think of a Daft Punk style mask )

Build: 1.8 meters 70 kg
Faction: Prodigy Initiative

Description of Powers:

-- Electricity Manipulation --
His body produces large amounts of Electricity allowing him to either transmit it through some kind of conductor or just straight up shot lighting out of him, or to just fast charge devices but this allows him to overcharge them or discharge them, this obviously causes him to be unaffected by electric type attacks

Weaknesses:
He is very bad at hand to hand combat relying mostly on his power to stun, incapacitate or stop the action of his enemies heart, also if he is put into a rubber gloves and boots it will nullify his power, also a good 8 liters of water will probably render him unconscious
Equipment: just in case keeps a Colt 1911 in his pocket

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Nationality: English
Hometown: Guildford
Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: He is a choleric, quick to anger and overconfident, likes to "Give people Heart Attack" both literally and figuratively, he is usually bored easily
Motivation:His reason to stay with Initiative is fairly simple "If I Don't, I'll Get Shot on Sight"

Biography:
-- Early Life --
Born in Guildford, England his parents moved to London, he was a bully at his school after discovering his powers in a very early age, and boy did he liked it he was now perpetually entertained but a newbie in school decided to stop him, to say Andrew was pissed into oblivion is to say Moon orbits Earth, the newbie had a very shocking defeat ( a pun on Andrew's electric capabilities ) and because the director had something that kept him alive that Andrew could very easily disable Andrew got away with all of what he did. When he moved schools to High School from day one he was "the big bad" in school, the director reported Andrew imminently, he was meant to be put in a Prison for Youth but the car he was transported in got a very shocking surprise when the whole of it nearly exploded with electricity, that how Andrew has switched his life from being a school bully to an all-time criminal, the director that reported him was found dead a little bit after this incident

-- His Villian Days --
Andrew wanted to go back to being the one people feared but on higher scale so he started robbing London shops most often in a mask that had wide-open eyes and unnaturally big smile ( think Jeff the Killer smile ) sprayed on it, his method was simple chuck lighting at everything he sees and when nothing is moving, take what he came for, Andrew was eventually caught and put into a cell that was designed specifically to block his powers they didn't put cameras in there because he would just destroy them, for a year they managed to hold him, but eventually he found a way, he with his lighting caused the rubber on the wall of the cell to catch fire, he just nonstop struck it with lighting and when the fire alarms went off the guards needed to check on him, and the moment they went into his cell he just killed them took the keys and started to run for freedom stopping by armory to get himself a weapon, he was now free but wanted by both UK police and Interpol and if he was caught this time he would be shot on sight, he hid for days, weeks, months but one fateful day he was approached by a strange man, as he would later from Initiative offering him to join it, which he gladly accepted.

-- Transcript from Andrew's recrutation talk and testing of his abilities --

The video starts

Andrew and Recruiter sit over a metal table

Recruiter: So Mr. Scott, how do you operate?

Andrew: you can call me Andrew, Andie for friends if I had some

R: Okay Andrew, how do you operate?

A: You are asking me how I rob places

R: Yes

A: Easy, I chuck lighting at anything I see moving and take what I want, don't worry most of the times people don't die

R: Okay then, tell me how do communication with others go for you

A: Talk a little bit more and you'll see

R: please answer questions

A: Eh, I'm bored, let's go somewhere, do something

R: Mr. Scott, please answer questions

Andrew touches the metal table, Recruiters hands move away from the table

A: I said call me Andrew!

R: please refrain from using your powers on me

A: Anything else? ( Andrew is visibly angry )

R: We need to see how you use your powers

Andrew rises up from his chair and Recruiter leads him to a room with four dummies in place

R: Andrew, please strike the dummies with your favorite attacks

Andrew nods and raises his hand, lightning shoots out of it for two seconds, the dummy caught on fire

A: This not what I expected

R: The dummies aren't equal to humans, please continue on

Andrew runs to the second dummy puts his hand on the place where the heart should be, a few seconds later a smoke comes from the place where his hand is

R: the third dummy

Andrew runs to it puts his hands on dummies head and a few seconds later a smoke rises

R: Forth one

Andrew pulls out his gun and fires the whole magazine on it then reloads

A: this was fun, can we now test my powers on live things?

R: the time for this will come, for now, you do very well, we are ending for today

The video ends
#HOTApp
Last edited by Endem on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 am

Since I'm getting a bit scarce on YG chars, have another.

ASIA XU XIÙLÁN

Name: Asia Xu Xiùlán
Nickname/Alias:Azure Dragon
Appearance: Here.[/spoiler][/floatright]
Build: 5'2", 48kg

Description of Powers: Asia has two powers; the first is a form of maneuverable flight, capable of 60 mph at full speed while she's airborne and going in a straight line. The second is a forcefield, appearing as a light purple haze around her, capable of blocking any single attack which comes into contact with it. After the attack, no matter the strength, the forcefield 'breaks' and requires ten seconds to recharge before it can block another attack.

Weaknesses: Asia's agile and has a strong defensive power; her offence, however, is limited to purely conventional weaponry. She has to be careful with her forcefield and managing it, as many weaker attacks in short succession, like a spray of bullets, or a single continuous attack such as a laser will render her forcefield useless.

Equipment: Asia typically carries a pair of MAC-10 SMGs, a pair of spare magazines for each, along with eight impact-detonating fragmentation grenades and a pair of flashbangs.

Alignment: Neutral Good
Nationality: Hong Konger
Hometown: Hong Kong

Personality: Asia's an attention seeker; she doesn't care about the type of attention, she wants it. She's friendly, sometimes overly so, a show-off, talkative, rather vain and a bit of a glory-seeker, and a surprisingly loyal person under it all, or at least when she's not in combat. When she's fighting she becomes a different person almost, quiet, professional and methodical, not quite ruthless but verging on it. Rather scatterbrained and easily distracted outside of combat.
Motivation: Asia wants people's attention. Being a hero is an easy way to get that.

Biography: Asia is the middle child of a pair of Hong Kong investment bankers; their eldest child was going to follow them into their field, they doted on their youngest while Asia was just left in the middle, left to her own devices and largely ignored. Naturally, as anyone lacking what she believed she deserved, she went out to get it, and in Asia's case, that was attention.

She soon learned that the easiest way to get attention was to be bad; she messed around at school, frequently earning herself all manner of punishments, but not really caring. She found herself the leader of a clique from her attention-seeking ways, only doing the minimum amount of work so her parents wouldn't cut her allowance off. Her powers manifested at the age of 16, and her powers were reported to the MAB. She graduated high school at 17, and was immediately shipped off to China and the MAB.

Although the MAB has no formal power within Hong Kong, nor is it able to operate, for heroes to legally operate in Hong Kong they must obtain the sanction of the MAB under the 1997 Transfer Agreement. She spent a year with the MAB training, learning how to use her powers, how to shoot, how to fight, how to lead, in addition to more political education, guidance on the laws surrounding metahumans and how they operated in other nations and groups and relevant organisations.

After a year, she returned to Hong Kong, joining a relatively small local team of heroes, but Asia swiftly found herself disliking their lack of limelight, and so she quickly sought brighter, more famous pastures with the Young Guardians on the other side of the Pacific. After an extremely through vetting procedure, and being allowed to live in Angel Village albeit not allowed on missions while they continued to observe her, the Guardians finally admitted her into the program.

#HOTApp
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Damn, i've been brainstorming a super character recently that can create almost any sickness known to man using their own body as a biological factory. Would that be a suitable villain for Slaughterhouse once I've fleshed them out in an app?
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:59 pm

The Krogan wrote:Damn, i've been brainstorming a super character recently that can create almost any sickness known to man using their own body as a biological factory. Would that be a suitable villain for Slaughterhouse once I've fleshed them out in an app?

Unfortunately, we already have a villain like that.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:06 pm

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:
The Krogan wrote:Damn, i've been brainstorming a super character recently that can create almost any sickness known to man using their own body as a biological factory. Would that be a suitable villain for Slaughterhouse once I've fleshed them out in an app?

Unfortunately, we already have a villain like that.

Hmmm figured that would be so. I assume by the title of the thread you need villains more then hero's at the moment though correct?
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:08 pm

The Krogan wrote:
The Cross and Davids Star wrote:Unfortunately, we already have a villain like that.

Hmmm figured that would be so. I assume by the title of the thread you need villains more then hero's at the moment though correct?

At the moment the villain team that's recruiting is the Prodigy Initiative, Slaughterhouse doesn't need anyone and going solo isn't banned but heavily discouraged.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:29 pm

MARIEL FERNANDA ORTEGA

Name: Mariel Ortega
Nickname/Alias: N/A
Appearance:

Build: 5'1, 120 lbs
Power Classification: External

Description of Powers: Mariel has an innate sense of technology and specifically mechanical things, and can look at them to determine their inner workings. When using her power, she'll see glowing blue overlays on different parts, and will have an understanding on the inner level of the construction of each part and the way all of them fit together. She also has an enhanced sense for figuring out how to fit new things together, making her very good at putting together her own machines and even creating machine components from scratch. Her power guides her into doing this in the most efficient way possible with the parts that she has on hand, and she can also easily determine what she can build with any given set of parts.

Outside of her main power, Mariel also has an enhanced intelligence in general and an above average mind which moves quicker than that of the average person, allowing her to make judgements quicker than most people could and helping her out with certain things like complex equations for her projects.

Weaknesses: Mariel has no actual combat related power and needs to rely completely on external equipment and technology to win in a fight. Furthermore, her ability doesn't give her materials to make things or decrease the time that it makes to complete something. In other words, she's an inventor and an engineer, not a walking weapons factory.

Equipment: Mariel carries a number of pieces of equipment with her in the field. The primary ranged weapon that she has, however, is an AA-12 shotgun with a 32 round drum magazine, with her sidearm being a Glock 45 pistol.

Outside of that, she also carries one of two different things, depending on the mission. One of them is a backpack which contains a quadrotor drone, which she has nicknamed the Vulture. This drone has a camera attached to it but is also capable of dropping ordinance from above, and before a mission, a light machine gun attachment can be added to the bottom of the drone. The second item that Mariel can carry on her back is another backpack-like item, but this one doesn't store anything. Rather, it acts as the host for two mechanical wings, which are made of light metal and allow Mariel to fly, albeit not as well as someone who has flight as a power.

When Mariel isn't using ranged weapons as the main part of her loadout, she also has a metal gauntlet which can absorb electricity from the environment, redirecting it at her enemies after doing so. When charged up from the environment, electricity will hang around the glove and will be visible, but can be shot in a straight line when Mariel fires.

Finally, when it comes to fighting heavy targets, Mariel has a rocket launcher that takes the form of a tube of three feet long, which can easily be carried on her shoulder and fires one shot at a time, and is effective for one hundred meters. However, the rockets fired by this device are unguided, and therefore the accuracy tends to be lower than an actual modern anti tank launcher.

Alignment: Neutral Evil
Nationality: American
Hometown: The Bronx, New York City (Born) - Tokyo, Japan
Sexuality: Lesbian

Personality: Mariel was once quiet and withdrawn, because of her upbringing, but she's become more sociable over the years. However, that doesn't mean that Mariel is nice per say. While she does act socially active, it's clear that she has a somewhat bitter and jaded worldview that comes from a hard life, and it's also clear that she doesn't exactly follow social norms. Mariel is the kind of person that has a dark personality but is often tolerated by others because she's sharp witted and capable of hiding it to an extent and instead deflecting with playfulness or snark. She tends to be fanatically loyal to a few people but distant from most, and fears betrayal from those few people. After all, it's happened to her before. She tends to be rather hedonistic in nature, and can also be reckless. In both cases, it's partly because of a lessened regard for herself, allowing her to take more risks without worrying about how things turn out.

Motivation: To either carve out her own niche for herself or die trying.

Biography: The story of Mariel Ortega is a long and interesting one. Mariel was born not into a regular family but to one of the villains that's strangely enough well known in the engineering world. Beatriz Ortega made her name with the Living Legends, and when she had a child with an unknown father, she worked hard on making sure that child would turn out just like her. Even if the young Mariel didn't respond the best to it and show an interest for using her powers for the same things that Beatriz wanted her to. Still, she mostly followed along with what her mother wanted, but one thing was certain. It was never enough. There was always something she had done wrong and not enough she had done right, and her mother was always cold and withdrawn. Some said that Beatriz Ortega was a sociopath, and yet she was the only person that the young Mariel was close to, moving around frequently and not attending school. This life left her without friends early on, and left her with only one person to imitate.

Of course, she was also around legends. Living Legends. Members of a villain team known around the world. They had some degree of influence over her even if she was distant. She was considered family by them but she didn't know what she thought about it. If they were family, she was the weird one that stayed away from most others at things like Thanksgiving and Christmas. The one cousin that was practiclally an unknown, that the rest of the 'family' greeted more out of tradition or out of pity than any real connection. It wasn't like they would have been linked to each other in any way if it wasn't for Mariel's mother, because Mariel herself never really fit into the group. That was what Mariel grew up with, and while she had a lot of things, it was ultimately empty because of the crushing pressure, her mother's coldness, and the fact that she didn't have any friends who were anything like herself. Instead, she just learned from professional criminals and killers.

She ran away at fifteen because of this and attempted to switch sides to the Guardians, figuring that they could offer her protection and keep her villainous mother from getting her hands on her again. And she became something of a national story in both the United States and Japan, the country where she was eventually sent to by the Guardians when the States were determined to be too dangerous for her. She moved in with researcher HirokI Saitou, where in her early twenties she eventually worked with Ellie Parsons and Saitou on the A-Series project, one of the most classified ones that the Guardians were developing at the time. With the help of both Ellie and her adoptive father.

But it was only so long before the A-Series program was disrupted by DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST, causing B------ --- to DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST, and Mariel was left as a social outcast once again following the events of DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST DATA REDACTED BY ARCHIVIST REQUEST. Left with little options, Bellamy abandoned the life of a hero, a path that she had only taken up in the first place to prove that she could do something right, after one specific person had crushed her confidence in that.

But spite wasn't enough to form a career as a hero. Mariel became a drifter and worked by contract for various groups, designing some things for Bengal and some for the New Order before even getting a large contract to design some things for the North Korean government. Still, she didn't have a place for herself. She hung around places for some time and she eventually moved on and she would never make lasting connections. She became depressed due to her past and the fact that she had nowhere to call her own, as well as her falling out with the Guardians during the A-Series fiasco. Adopting a hard partying and reckless lifestyle without a ton of care for herself, Mariel continued drifting until she received an offer from the Prodigy Initiative, intrigued by the chance of something long term. She signed on as one of their first members, agreeing to stay not just temporarily, for years.

She would either find success there or it would end up killing her. But if it ended up killing her, would she really end up missing anything?

#HOTApp
don't tread on me

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 am

GUILLERMO MARCO

Name: Guillermo Marco
Nickname/Alias: Bug
Appearance:
https://images.app.goo.gl/PxWJz8sswA1CEfPn6
I really did not want to set up a Twitter account just for this picture

Build: 1.80meters 70kg

Description of Powers:

-- Invertebrate Control --
He is able to take full control of any invertebrate specimen in roughly 50 meters away from him and the invertebrates can stay in his control in up to 200 meters away from him, he can see through eyes of one and only one of the invertebrates he is controlling but not see through his own, this is why he keeps his pet tarantula on his head to pose as his eyes

Weaknesses:
He is not a fighter mind you and can be taken out fairly easily in 1 to 1 combat if you take out the tarantula on his head it renders him as blind or partially blind unless he stops using his power, he also hesitates to cause harm, he can have fun with people by scaring them but if the joke starts causing harm he will do anything to apologize, whenever he switches invertebrate through which senses he sees he experiences about 4,5 seconds of delay

Equipment: none so far but when he joins Young Guardians he plans to arm himself with a handgun, he carries his pet tarantula everywhere

Alignment: True Neutral
Nationality: Italian
Hometown: Cagliari, Sardinia

Personality: he sometimes likes to scare someone for laughs, but he is generally a nice person that just wants to make friends
Motivation:he is so fascinated with metahumans he is willing to risk the safety and comfort of his home just to join Young Guardians, he just wants to know more

Biography:
-- Early Life --

He was a normal boy allergic to cats and dogs and obsessed with metahumans not knowing he was one himself is unaware of his power, after the 16th birthday he bought himself a pet tarantula and the moment the tarantula touched Guillermo's hand his power activated it was like an activator switch of his previously hidden power for him, he suddenly saw from the perspective of tarantula and so he, understandably freaking out, screamed to his mother who was standing beside him "Mother! Something's Wrong" his mother noticed his eyes were milk-white and his tarantula strangely calm, the doctor was baffled and decided that some tests should be done and none of them shown that Guillermo is sick, finally a DNA test showed he is a metahuman. His parents just accepted the fact and over the time of two years
Guillermo learned how to use his power

-- Current Events --

After learning he is a metahuman and the moment he turned 18 he applied to Young Guardians, and to his surprise, he was accepted, when he arrived at Angel Village, he was more than overwhelmed and locked himself in his room, he had a good reason for it at least he thought that what if he says something wrong near other recruits ( and other such stuff, he was basically freaking out ), he used the trip to Sardinia as a way to consult with his parents. They convinced him that the others were just people like him and he didn't need to freak out over it ( he was thinking of quitting Young Guardians because of this ), so he went back to resort to try and act normally this time.

#HOTApp
Last edited by Endem on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:31 am, edited 9 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:04 am

Endem wrote:snip

First off, I don't know about the power. The range is too long, it might also be somewhat overpowered to be able to see through the senses of the invertebrates too. With the way you have it right now, you don't really have to expose your character to danger at all. You can simply sit a long distance behind any actual fighting and carry around, say, a bag of black widows and send them into combat on their own while controlling them with perfect accuracy since you can see through their senses.

He might be able to be taken out easily in 1v1 combat, but if you used this power wisely, you would literally never get into a 1v1 fight.

Also, there's some flaws in the background. First, if you have genetic powers, then they won't be 'activated' by something like touching a spider. They would usually just develop normally as you grow up.

Second, the current events section doesn't make sense. The Guardians are a worldwide organization and they have teams all over, including in Italy. The Young Guardians Program is always recruiting, so if he wanted to join, why didn't he send his resume and hope that they decide to recruit him? Or even contact one of the Italian teams so they could refer him to the Young Guardians Program? Why did he wait until they were in Sardinia to try to see them in person?
don't tread on me

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:33 am

Forest State wrote:
Endem wrote:snip

First off, I don't know about the power. The range is too long, it might also be somewhat overpowered to be able to see through the senses of the invertebrates too. With the way you have it right now, you don't really have to expose your character to danger at all. You can simply sit a long distance behind any actual fighting and carry around, say, a bag of black widows and send them into combat on their own while controlling them with perfect accuracy since you can see through their senses.

He might be able to be taken out easily in 1v1 combat, but if you used this power wisely, you would literally never get into a 1v1 fight.

Also, there's some flaws in the background. First, if you have genetic powers, then they won't be 'activated' by something like touching a spider. They would usually just develop normally as you grow up.

Second, the current events section doesn't make sense. The Guardians are a worldwide organization and they have teams all over, including in Italy. The Young Guardians Program is always recruiting, so if he wanted to join, why didn't he send his resume and hope that they decide to recruit him? Or even contact one of the Italian teams so they could refer him to the Young Guardians Program? Why did he wait until they were in Sardinia to try to see them in person?

He can see through the senses but just one at a time
But fine I'll change everything there is to change
Last edited by Endem on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:17 am

KAZIMIERZ DALEWSKI

Name: Kazimierz Dalewski
Nickname/Alias: Electric
Appearance:

Build: 1.8 meters 70 kg

Description of Powers:

-- Electricity Manipulation --
His body produces large amounts of Electricity allowing him to either transmit it through some kind of conductor or just straight up shot lighting out of him, or to just fast charge devices but this allows him to overcharge them or discharge them, this obviously causes him to be unaffected by electric type attacks

Weaknesses:
He is very bad at hand to hand combat relying mostly on his power to stun, incapacitate or stop the action of his enemies heart, also if he is put into a rubber gloves and boots it will nullify his power, also a good 8 liters of water will probably render him unconscious
Equipment: just in case keeps a Colt 1911 in his pocket

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Nationality: Polish
Hometown: Gdansk

Personality: Absolute Abstinent, he shows signs of Anti-Social Behavior ( if you want to know more about it read this ) but if you are not one of the people he sees as wrongdoers he can be nice or friendly to you
Motivation: To Kill or Pacify all he sees as "Wrong Doers" and he thinks training from Initiate would helpful

Biography: ( Lunas said I should do it in the first person )

-- Life --

So my life, it wasn't bad or anything, my father was a fisherman and my mother was working somewhere, I didn't know where nor did I bother to ask, my father was... Either drunk or at sea or both, he was the reason I got into the whole crime thing, as I said to myself multiple times that such people should not be allowed to have kids and if they have well then they should be punished, actually that evolved over time to just general hate of Drinkers, Smokers and People Doing Drugs, Prostitutes and People that enjoyed Prostitution, eventually I discovered my powers and decided to do something about the people I listed above. I started with my father, he screamed a little, understandable I would be scared if I was hit with lighting.

-- The Cleanse --

So I went around Gdansk searching for the wrongdoers and when I found one or more they were dead in the next few seconds, police encountered me many times, I was searched for and other such things, but I never left a witness to say anything that could mean I'm the killer, I was called by many names during this time and I particularly like "Electric", one time I mistook a crackhead for already dead and the next day Police was already waiting for me, it was a massacre at least, I continually hit them with lighting and they kept coming, eventually even the military got engaged and what I was supposed to do, I would get shot at the very least but a backdoor from the situation opened, an Initiative operative somehow got to my position, I don't know maybe he had some teleportation power but we got out and I accepted the offer to join Prodigy Initiative, do I feel remorse over it, No

#HOTApp
Last edited by Endem on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse