NATION

PASSWORD

Broken Crown [OCC, Reboot]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:21 am

Auphelia wrote:
Benuty wrote:Perhaps, but you will need a constant supply line for materials, and the like to build, and maintain said greenhouses. A majority of your material effort will no doubt be used to man defensive positions unless you are feeling risky, and want to take the fight to the enemy.

Leave our one advantage? No thanks!

I am saying that if revolt were to happen, we would need to have greenhouses already built in order to supply ourselves with food. Given Wyster's position in it all, I doubt the Entrusil Empire would say no to trading with us if we do end up needing some things we can't make or don't have ourselves.

An advantage can quickly turn into a nightmare if it goes on long enough just look at Troy in the Trojan War. Sure they survived the ten-year siege, but there is no way they were all eating decently during that siege otherwise they wouldn't have been so eager to have a duel settle the war.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:There's also the problem that, you'll struggle to find space for said greenhouses, hence why mountain nations aren't exactly renowned for their agriculture and large populations. Even with a Greenhouse, you still need the same amount of landmass to produce the same amount of crops, really.

We aren't wanting for space, just warmth and better soil.

Mainly warmth.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:24 am

Auphelia wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:There's also the problem that, you'll struggle to find space for said greenhouses, hence why mountain nations aren't exactly renowned for their agriculture and large populations. Even with a Greenhouse, you still need the same amount of landmass to produce the same amount of crops, really.

We aren't wanting for space, just warmth and better soil.

Mainly warmth.

Wouldn't better soil technically qualify as space? Since we are restricted a bit when it comes to technology especially agriculture.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:28 am

Here's my synopsis on my House:
Colors:
The color White, though representing the clean and pure intentions of House Grimm, it also represent the emotionless and sterile attitude of their attitude. Such as an absence of human empathy when going into combat.
Black always symbolize Death and the underworld, yet it equally symbolizing power and authority. For House Grimm, Black stands for their authority to execute bandits, prisoners, or criminals with or without their lord's consent. Ironically, Black also represent submissiveness and combined with the white background, symbolizes House Grimm's transparent loyalty to House Willun. Every death caused by the hands of Grimm was to prove that they are loyal vassals to a fault, no matter how brutal their killings are.
Skull and Rook:
Unlike traditional animals or images shown on banners of noble houses House Grimm depict a skull. A Skull represent death and mortality but in Grimm's sense, it represents a human head being treated like a trophy. Like human body parts could be treated like prizes after a successful hunt. Or In Morr's case, staking head into towers that act as markers for his victories.
The Rook represents House Grimm's ancestral desire to build a stronghold in a form of a fortress. Combine it with the Skull, it represents a fortress that cannot be taken without experiencing extreme losses.
House Motto:
The house words of Grimm are "Victory or Death" which represents the family's stubborn and ruthless nature towards their goals. They either win it all or die trying; and they will be cruel in their methods if it meant a guaranteed success.
Unofficial House Animal: the Crow
The bird represents bad luck and death and they always appear after a corpse has been made. For House Grimm, Crow symbolizes the inevitable execution of a criminal and the plundering of loot from slain enemies. The Crow also represents the family's flexibility in their careers, intelligence gained from experience, and destiny due to their life long goals.
Last edited by Union Princes on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:29 am

Benuty wrote:Wouldn't better soil technically qualify as space? Since we are restricted a bit when it comes to technology especially agriculture.

We can grow things with our soil, it just doesn't produce crops as good as those in the lowlands. I suppose we could dig up some soil in other places to put in the greenhouses, but typical animal manure should serve well enough without all of the work.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:40 pm

I can't find a good picture and I'm am a very poir drawer so I'll just describe my banner.

It's realitivly simple, a crimson banner with a large golden anchor at its center.

House word's, Loyalty above all.
Last edited by Kelmet on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:12 pm

Hey Twelve Isles! when you get the chance, read my splurge of explanations of House Grimm. It's under the tab "House Symbolism" and it will bring further light into the family.

I'm recommend reading it thoroughly to get a better understanding between the relationship between House Grimm and House Willun.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Tried to write the IC post today, but was busy, will have to wait till tomorrow, sorry guys. :(
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Holy fuknogn shieto, I actually posted, and for real this time, wow.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Yay
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:38 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Holy fuknogn shieto, I actually posted, and for real this time, wow.

So this is Game of Thrones now!?

SC #307

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:29 am

Auphelia wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Holy fuknogn shieto, I actually posted, and for real this time, wow.

So this is Game of Thrones now!?

Well his lands are called the Barren Coast. That should give you a rough idea on the going on's there.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:55 pm

7 minutes before Saturday, nearly went against my promise to make sure I posted on Friday, phew. Anyhow finally posted, sorry it took so long.

A man Rusk, you went all out on that criminal, a solid start.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:44 am

Spymaster NPC and some edits to Phoebe (renamed to Emelyn cause "Phoebe" was rubbing me as being decidedly non-medieval) that I wanted to run by you guys :D Will hopefully get a first post out tomorrow!

NPC Char
Title: Spymaster of Galeacia, Duke of Winhaven
Full Name: Edward Rochforth
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 5’10”, 170lbs
Religion: Luaricism
Culture: Galeic

Biography: The son of a lowly, unlanded noble, Edward has always been driven by the fires of ambition. He clawed himself up from the rabble of bickering nobles to stand above his peers and earn himself a claim first as a count, and then as the ruler for an entire duchy. Edward’s path to his current position of strength was not without struggle or sacrifice, but it is a path which he would choose to walk again in an instant. Having risen through the ranks through intrigue and scheming, Edward is intimately familiar with the backroom dealings and hushed whispers which form the backbone of political negotiations on the continent and he has become accustomed to juggling the many competing demands of his vassals and his liege.

Having originally served as a soldier in the King’s army, that time serving well as his first stepping stone on his road to power, Edward still relies on his connections and network from so long ago. It was during his years as a lowly squire that he first met the eventual King and even a lesser-known Duke from Eltrusil. Serving with a dedication and loyalty that betrayed his determination and hardworking ethic, Edward would eventually emerge from his service with the friends and allies that he would need to press his own claims. After that, it was only a matter of time until he would rise to his current position.
As the King’s Spymaster, Edward has been responsible for both rooting out plots and threats against his liege, while enforcing the King’s wishes outside of the prying eyes of the Court. He has crafter an image for himself as a cold and calculating webweaver who keeps a watchful eye on the happenings of Court, his reputation ensuring that he is treated with the respect and the consideration which he feels that he deserves.

However, with rumours swirling of foul play having been involved in the King’s untimely death, it is only natural for Edward’s abilities to be called into question, despite the Spymaster’s efforts to quash such talk. While he doesn’t allow his own concerns to show, silently he realises that he must definitively remove any doubts in the King’s untimely demise. But Edward has served long and dutifully and intends to continue with his comfortable role in the Court. A stable Kingdom and a powerful King are beneficial to him, and so he intends to serve Phillip II both faithfully, and – should the need arise – ruthlessly.

Notable Relationships:
- Emelyn Rouselle, Courtier and Ward
Professional Skills: (optional)
Personality: (optional)

Bentus wrote:
Player Character:
Title: (optional)
Full Name: Emelyn Mathilde Rouselle
Appearance:

With her striking red hair immediately identifying her as being a daughter of one of the Northern Houses, Emelyn has an image befitting that of a youthful noble maiden. Her physical endeavors have given her a lithe, energetic figure that reflects her usually playful personality although her well-toned muscles are normally hidden beneath the dresses of nobility. While her outings and love for hunting have gained her a few minor scars over the years, the blemishes are relatively minor. She is careful to maintain her outward appearance, both because as much is expected of one of her station, and since she knows all too well the power that comes from being underestimated by one's opponent. To play the delicate courtier is a strategy that can pay dividends.

Height and Weight:5ft 5” and 160 lbs
Culture: Galeic (Entrusilian)

Biography:
Born as the fifth daughter of the Entrusilian Duke of Tendaal, Emelyn was never going to rise far above the position of her birth. Her Galaecian mother died not long after her birth, leaving her father heartbroken until he poured his love for his wife into raising what remained of their family. Being so far down in the line of succession with the double misfortune of being born daughter and a late-born, Emelyn’s place in the endless manoeuvrings of nobility was as little more than a diplomatic tool. Regardless, the Duke went to great lengths to ensure that his only daughter was to be spared no expense and he sought after the best teachers of the land to train her in the proper etiquette and mannerisms of her station, allowing him to focus his attention and abilities on his older sons. He was determined to honour the memory of his departed wife by ensuring that each of his children were well prepared for their later roles in life, and for Evelyn that meant grooming into a fine maiden who would make them proud. But, the realities of growing up alongside four older brothers quickly conspired to set the young noble on a different path.

The young girl rapidly earned herself a mischievous streak as she repeatedly snuck out from the family manor to explore the surrounding woods, oblivious to any dangers that she may have faced in doing so. Her teachers struggled to coerce her into dresses and gowns for her lessons while complaining desperately to her father and aunt that she would show up covered in dirt and grime from her most recent escapade. Her father’s efforts to scold and reprimand his rebellious daughter were met with defiance and resistance, much to his dismay. Often pulled away from his home and duchy in service to the Empire, the Duke knew that it would be impossible for him to act as his daughter’s constant chaperone, especially when the education of his sons warranted so much more of his attention. Exasperated, the Duke turned to the only hope he had left, and instructed his marshal to enforce some semblance of discipline on the unruly child. The marshal accepted the task from his liege, of course, but he had watched as the young girl had grown within the Court. He could see her natural potential and the longing in her eyes for an adventure that defied her station. Taking her under his wing, the marshal decided to give Emelyn what she wanted in return for her obedience. On outings and hunts, Emelyn learned falconry and hunting alongside squires and officers, as well as horse riding and basic fighting skills. Ignoring the exasperation that this caused some of the other members of his family, the Duke brushed aside their concerns as he felt free from the confusing duty of raising his daughter.

At the marshal’s insistence, Emelyn’s teachers could eventually corral her into wearing formal gowns. With constant exercise and her mother’s looks, despite her outgoing personality, Emelyn blossomed into a formidable noblewoman in her own right. But the calm and content existence of the Rousselle household was not to last. It was inevitable that the Duke would have garnered enemies over his life, and a series of poor crop yields and foreign raids had left his lands weak just as tensions between Galaecia and the Empire allowed his departed wife’s origins to call his loyalty into question. Conflict was inevitable, and the Duke was painfully aware of his vulnerability. When a supposedly accidental skirmish between a hunting party led by his eldest son and a neighbouring band of knights left the Duke’s heir dead, he knew that he had little choice but to act. Desperate for allies, the Duke sent a message to an old friend from his childhood – the Spymaster of Galecia. Calling in a favour from the old noble, the Duke decided that it was time for Emelyn to fufil her duty and destiny to her House. She was to be sent off to a foreign land, and married to a man whom she had never met, in order to secure an alliance that would protect the claims of her father and brothers. But, by the time the carriage with the young noble arrived it was already too late. Word of the Duke’s efforts to establish an alliance with someone in the rival nation had given his enemies the excuse that they needed, and Emelyn was left alone as her family estate was put to the torch.

Pitying the young woman, and still feeling an obligation to his departed friend, the Spymaster took her in. But with tensions at boiling point, no family wanted to take the landless, foreign youth as a bride and so he made Emelyn a courtier in his Duchy and began to train her as his assistant. He was both surprised and impressed by her natural skill with his trade, as well as by the determination with which she tackled her lessons. It wasn’t long before Emelyn had proven herself to be a useful asset for the Spymaster and he couldn’t help but find himself taking a liking to the growing woman – but he never stopped looking to make good on his promise. Eventually he decided that she was being wasted in his local Court and pulled some strings to have her accepted as a courtier in the King’s Court. He hoped that in doing so he could find her a suitor while also gaining a pair of eyes and ears as the cracks in the Kingdom began to appear. Within the Court, the Spymaster was a blunt instrument, but none would suspect the slight figure of the lowly courtier to be an extension of his will.

Notable Relationships:
Spymaster – Mentor and Lord
Professional Skills: Swordcraft, archery, horseriding, poison creation, basic first aid and the crafts of a courtier (needlework, cooking, etc).
Strengths: Emelyn is a trained and experienced fighter, especially when it comes to unorthodox methods of combat although the Spymaster made sure that she was also adequately versed in the tactics of battle. She is cunning and wields a sharp intelligence that has served her well in pursuing both her duty and position.

Weaknesses: She is an unlanded member of the nobility and as a woman is unlikely to ever have a landed title for herself. In her home of Entrusilian she would be considered a criminal through association to a traitor and even in Galeacia she has few connections or allies to call upon besides the Spymaster. She also does not have any experience in matters of governance.

Goal: Emelyn is loyal to the Crown's Spymaster and thankful for all the help that he has given her, but her main goal remains to return home and gain vengeance on those who had wronged her family. Privately, she continues to hold out hope that some of her siblings may still be alive and are simply being held as useful hostages. Emelyn also wishes to advance her own standing and to earn influence for herself. She has become increasingly tired of being used as a pawn of others and wants to take control of the reigns of her own destiny for the first time in her life.

Owned Counties: None
County Color: N/A
RP Sample: A World Ablaze

DO NOT REMOVE
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:39 am

Bentus wrote:Spymaster NPC and some edits to Phoebe (renamed to Emelyn cause "Phoebe" was rubbing me as being decidedly non-medieval) that I wanted to run by you guys :D Will hopefully get a first post out tomorrow!

NPC Char
Title: Spymaster of Galeacia, Duke of Winhaven
Full Name: Edward Rochforth
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 5’10”, 170lbs
Culture: Galeic

Biography: The son of a lowly, unlanded noble, Edward has always been driven by the fires of ambition. He clawed himself up from the rabble of bickering nobles to stand above his peers and earn himself a claim first as a count, and then as the ruler for an entire duchy. Edward’s path to his current position of strength was not without struggle or sacrifice, but it is a path which he would choose to walk again in an instant. Having risen through the ranks through intrigue and scheming, Edward is intimately familiar with the backroom dealings and hushed whispers which form the backbone of political negotiations on the continent and he has become accustomed to juggling the many competing demands of his vassals and his liege.

Having originally served as a soldier in the King’s army, that time serving well as his first stepping stone on his road to power, Edward still relies on his connections and network from so long ago. It was during his years as a lowly squire that he first met the eventual King and even a lesser-known Duke from Eltrusil. Serving with a dedication and loyalty that betrayed his determination and hardworking ethic, Edward would eventually emerge from his service with the friends and allies that he would need to press his own claims. After that, it was only a matter of time until he would rise to his current position.
As the King’s Spymaster, Edward has been responsible for both rooting out plots and threats against his liege, while enforcing the King’s wishes outside of the prying eyes of the Court. He has crafter an image for himself as a cold and calculating webweaver who keeps a watchful eye on the happenings of Court, his reputation ensuring that he is treated with the respect and the consideration which he feels that he deserves.

However, with rumours swirling of foul play having been involved in the King’s untimely death, it is only natural for Edward’s abilities to be called into question, despite the Spymaster’s efforts to quash such talk. While he doesn’t allow his own concerns to show, silently he realises that he must definitively remove any doubts in the King’s untimely demise. But Edward has served long and dutifully and intends to continue with his comfortable role in the Court. A stable Kingdom and a powerful King are beneficial to him, and so he intends to serve Phillip II both faithfully, and – should the need arise – ruthlessly.

Notable Relationships:
- Emelyn Rouselle, Courtier and Ward
Professional Skills: (optional)
Personality: (optional)

Bentus wrote:
Player Character:
Title: (optional)
Full Name: Emelyn Mathilde Rouselle
Appearance:

With her striking red hair immediately identifying her as being a daughter of one of the Northern Houses, Emelyn has an image befitting that of a youthful noble maiden. Her physical endeavors have given her a lithe, energetic figure that reflects her usually playful personality although her well-toned muscles are normally hidden beneath the dresses of nobility. While her outings and love for hunting have gained her a few minor scars over the years, the blemishes are relatively minor. She is careful to maintain her outward appearance, both because as much is expected of one of her station, and since she knows all too well the power that comes from being underestimated by one's opponent. To play the delicate courtier is a strategy that can pay dividends.

Height and Weight:5ft 5” and 160 lbs
Culture: Galeic (Entrusilian)

Biography:
Born as the fifth daughter of the Entrusilian Duke of Tendaal, Emelyn was never going to rise far above the position of her birth. Her Galaecian mother died not long after her birth, leaving her father heartbroken until he poured his love for his wife into raising what remained of their family. Being so far down in the line of succession with the double misfortune of being born daughter and a late-born, Emelyn’s place in the endless manoeuvrings of nobility was as little more than a diplomatic tool. Regardless, the Duke went to great lengths to ensure that his only daughter was to be spared no expense and he sought after the best teachers of the land to train her in the proper etiquette and mannerisms of her station, allowing him to focus his attention and abilities on his older sons. He was determined to honour the memory of his departed wife by ensuring that each of his children were well prepared for their later roles in life, and for Evelyn that meant grooming into a fine maiden who would make them proud. But, the realities of growing up alongside four older brothers quickly conspired to set the young noble on a different path.

The young girl rapidly earned herself a mischievous streak as she repeatedly snuck out from the family manor to explore the surrounding woods, oblivious to any dangers that she may have faced in doing so. Her teachers struggled to coerce her into dresses and gowns for her lessons while complaining desperately to her father and aunt that she would show up covered in dirt and grime from her most recent escapade. Her father’s efforts to scold and reprimand his rebellious daughter were met with defiance and resistance, much to his dismay. Often pulled away from his home and duchy in service to the Empire, the Duke knew that it would be impossible for him to act as his daughter’s constant chaperone, especially when the education of his sons warranted so much more of his attention. Exasperated, the Duke turned to the only hope he had left, and instructed his marshal to enforce some semblance of discipline on the unruly child. The marshal accepted the task from his liege, of course, but he had watched as the young girl had grown within the Court. He could see her natural potential and the longing in her eyes for an adventure that defied her station. Taking her under his wing, the marshal decided to give Emelyn what she wanted in return for her obedience. On outings and hunts, Emelyn learned falconry and hunting alongside squires and officers, as well as horse riding and basic fighting skills. Ignoring the exasperation that this caused some of the other members of his family, the Duke brushed aside their concerns as he felt free from the confusing duty of raising his daughter.

At the marshal’s insistence, Emelyn’s teachers could eventually corral her into wearing formal gowns. With constant exercise and her mother’s looks, despite her outgoing personality, Emelyn blossomed into a formidable noblewoman in her own right. But the calm and content existence of the Rousselle household was not to last. It was inevitable that the Duke would have garnered enemies over his life, and a series of poor crop yields and foreign raids had left his lands weak just as tensions between Galaecia and the Empire allowed his departed wife’s origins to call his loyalty into question. Conflict was inevitable, and the Duke was painfully aware of his vulnerability. When a supposedly accidental skirmish between a hunting party led by his eldest son and a neighbouring band of knights left the Duke’s heir dead, he knew that he had little choice but to act. Desperate for allies, the Duke sent a message to an old friend from his childhood – the Spymaster of Galecia. Calling in a favour from the old noble, the Duke decided that it was time for Emelyn to fufil her duty and destiny to her House. She was to be sent off to a foreign land, and married to a man whom she had never met, in order to secure an alliance that would protect the claims of her father and brothers. But, by the time the carriage with the young noble arrived it was already too late. Word of the Duke’s efforts to establish an alliance with someone in the rival nation had given his enemies the excuse that they needed, and Emelyn was left alone as her family estate was put to the torch.

Pitying the young woman, and still feeling an obligation to his departed friend, the Spymaster took her in. But with tensions at boiling point, no family wanted to take the landless, foreign youth as a bride and so he made Emelyn a courtier in his Duchy and began to train her as his assistant. He was both surprised and impressed by her natural skill with his trade, as well as by the determination with which she tackled her lessons. It wasn’t long before Emelyn had proven herself to be a useful asset for the Spymaster and he couldn’t help but find himself taking a liking to the growing woman – but he never stopped looking to make good on his promise. Eventually he decided that she was being wasted in his local Court and pulled some strings to have her accepted as a courtier in the King’s Court. He hoped that in doing so he could find her a suitor while also gaining a pair of eyes and ears as the cracks in the Kingdom began to appear. Within the Court, the Spymaster was a blunt instrument, but none would suspect the slight figure of the lowly courtier to be an extension of his will.

Notable Relationships:
Spymaster – Mentor and Lord
Professional Skills: Swordcraft, archery, horseriding, poison creation, basic first aid and the crafts of a courtier (needlework, cooking, etc).
Strengths: Emelyn is a trained and experienced fighter, especially when it comes to unorthodox methods of combat although the Spymaster made sure that she was also adequately versed in the tactics of battle. She is cunning and wields a sharp intelligence that has served her well in pursuing both her duty and position.

Weaknesses: She is an unlanded member of the nobility and as a woman is unlikely to ever have a landed title for herself. In her home of Entrusilian she would be considered a criminal through association to a traitor and even in Galeacia she has few connections or allies to call upon besides the Spymaster. She also does not have any experience in matters of governance.

Goal: Emelyn is loyal to the Crown's Spymaster and thankful for all the help that he has given her, but her main goal remains to return home and gain vengeance on those who had wronged her family. Privately, she continues to hold out hope that some of her siblings may still be alive and are simply being held as useful hostages. Emelyn also wishes to advance her own standing and to earn influence for herself. She has become increasingly tired of being used as a pawn of others and wants to take control of the reigns of her own destiny for the first time in her life.

Owned Counties: None
County Color: N/A
RP Sample: A World Ablaze

DO NOT REMOVE

Kay, Ill add and update the roster later today, accepted

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:52 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:7 minutes before Saturday, nearly went against my promise to make sure I posted on Friday, phew. Anyhow finally posted, sorry it took so long.

A man Rusk, you went all out on that criminal, a solid start.

First time for me to write real dark shit.
Looks like it had the desired effect, thank you.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:26 am

I'll get a post up detailing my arrival to the capital.

And some more stuff with D'liscay. And county 60 (I belive)
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:47 am

Hey OP, maybe you could edit your post to include Philip’s reaction to his crush’s nephew dying at my hands, I want shock and heads rolling, that is, if you want to. :)

:twisted:

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:53 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Hey OP, maybe you could edit your post to include Philip’s reaction to his crush’s nephew dying at my hands, I want shock and heads rolling, that is, if you want to. :)

:twisted:

Maybe when news of the ordeal spread

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Hey Bentus, not to be a stick in the mud or trying to make you rewrite things, but it's December in what is basically early middle age France, there wouldn't be much greenery and flowers. Just trying to help out.
pros: LGBT Rights, Absolute Monarchy, Socialist, Communist, Left Wing,
Anti: Right Wing, Conservative, Constitutional monarchy/Parliamentary Democracy,

“Lannister, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell. They’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top, then that one’s on top, and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground. I’m not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel." - Daenerys Targaryen

Make America Great Britain Again

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:25 pm

White Bluff wrote:Hey Bentus, not to be a stick in the mud or trying to make you rewrite things, but it's December in what is basically early middle age France, there wouldn't be much greenery and flowers. Just trying to help out.

Ah, bloody northern hemisphere folk with their topsy-turvy seasons. Hm, I guess I could shift them inside or try to figure something out - but will prob have to work on that later. Cheers for the heads-up.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:00 pm

My next post is going to focus a bit more on the darker aspects of the dissenter's war with the mainstream faith, and then the arrival in the capital. It will be dark, but not in the sense of brutality so much as it will be dark in terms of despair, and kindness in war.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:01 am

I was going to post last night, but what was a “quiet few pints in the afternoon” turned into me not getting home until 6 am this morning..

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:26 am

Gosh darn it I cant post until Twelve isles get back on.e

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:35 am

Done with my weekend work, so I can focus on dishing out another IC post.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse