NATION

PASSWORD

A World Ablaze (IC/Semi-Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tabret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tabret » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:46 pm

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: President Bashar al-Assad, Syrian Arab Republic
Encryption: HIGH

Mr. President,

It would be optimal for our meeting to occur this month, there is much for us to discuss in person in terms of economy, military and eventually politics, *preferably as soon as our schedules permit. I do not have any particular date in mind, choose whichever date that suits your schedule and I will postpone my other activities on said date to another day, to make time for our meeting.

Fond regards,

Atilla Phokas
President of the Republic of Turkey
Last edited by Tabret on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:59 pm

Tabret wrote:
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

(Image)

Mr. President,

It would be optimal for our meeting to occur this month, there is much for us to discuss in person in terms of economy, military and eventually politics, *preferably as soon as our schedules permit. I do not have any particular date in mind, choose whichever date that suits your schedule and I will postpone my other activities on said date to another day, to make time for our meeting.

Fond regards,

Atilla Phokas

Re: Atilla Phokas, Republic of Turkey

I've got nothing this Friday. How about then?

(signed) President Bashar al-Assad
Syrian Arab Republic
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Tabret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tabret » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:04 pm

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

Encryption: UTMOST LEVELS OF ENCRYPTION

Great, Friday it is. Do bring some Arak with you, I'll be getting the Vodka, wonderful Ukrainian stuff, and we can get this meeting going.

Cheers,
Atilla Phokas
Last edited by Tabret on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Tabret wrote:
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

(Image)

To:President Vladimir Vladimirovic Putin, Russian Federation

Mr. President,

I hope all is well. I wish to express Turkey's desire to formally apologise for the downing of a Russian aircraft in Syria under the previous administration of Erdogan, and would like to re-emphasize the importance of the historical ties between our nations.

As such I would like to extend my hand in friendship and offer to let bygones be bygones. This is the dawn of a new age, and the fulfilment of our peoples' prosperity and wellbeing cannot be accomplished without warm relations between our countries. I wish to propose a free trade agreement between our nations, along with an open movement of labor. Moreover, I am prepared to make certain concessions with regards to the Haga Sofia if this would appease the Orthodox peoples of Russia. We must unite in the face of Islamic terror, ISIS is slowly spreading out of Chechnya and our Southern border is threatened by their ground forces. Increased military cooperation in the form of military support treaties will ensure that our militaries can conduct coordinated strikes against Daesh targets and our intelligence agencies can cooperate on the matter of ISIS plans and actions.

I would like to ask for your aid in the matter of combating ISIS, seeing as your nation has had a particularly long history with Islamist separatists and as such, we think your military expertise in this area to be of immense value, and hereby ask for the delivery of Russian experts to aid our generals and officers in increasing the effectiveness of Turkish forces in combat against the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant.

I would also like to conclude this letter with an order for some military hardware, particularly the T-14 Armata tank, which has piqued the interest of our generals seeing as how effective it has been in Chechnya against irregular ISIS forces. We also need much of the equipment below to increase our capability to fight ISIS.

10 Sukhoi PAK-FA stealth air superiority fighter aircraft
150 T-14 Armata MBTs
10 S-300V (SA-12) air defence systems
20 Pantsir-SM
10 Tor-M1-2U
15 S-400 (SA-21) air defence system
20 TOS-1A MLRS
20 9A52-4 Tornado MLRS
50 2K22M1 Tunguska

along with assorted armament and munitions;

for a total of 3,675,000,000 US dollars.

I hope you find the contents of this letter to be in the mutual benefit of our peoples.

Hoping this letter finds you in good health,

Atilla Phokas

It was the first day of 2017 when the letter found its way into the hands of Vladimir Putin. The threat of ISIS was very real and the apology for the downing of the Russian aircraft last year was much welcome, if anything it very nearly could have lead to a war between the two nations and the whole of NATO would have come bearing down. It was a possible future that did not frightened the President of Russia.

The request of Russian military equipment was odd considering Turkey's position in NATO, nothing Russian was standardized to the western alliance's ordinance and it would only serve to stress out the fragile logistical supply within the region. Putin had a better idea, permission to fly military aircraft and stage full scale military operations from Iraq.

Diplomatic Letter

To:Atilla Phokas

It is good to see that the new administration within Turkey is willing to mend the strained relation our two nation have so recently found ourselves in. The mutual threat of Deash must be dealt with directly and with extreme prejudice. The Russian Federation is willing to support the Turkish struggle aganst this threat in any way.

Your willingness to give the Russian people concessions on the historic Hagia Sofia is most welcome. The Russian people wish for nothing else than good relations with those who are fighting our common enemy. Free trade with our respective peoples is most welcome.

However the Russian military has a different idea on how to deal with the mutual threat. It makes no sense to us as to why we should sell equipment in Russian standardization to a NATO nation with NATO standardizations. We propose that you goverment give the Russian military the right to station troops and aircraft within the Turkish borders to help combat the Daesh forces on you border alongside the pre existing Peshmerga forces currently engaged. We believe that this would be more effective than selling equipment that does not match the current arsenal of Turkey.

It is the hope of Russia that our two respective peoples can work together aganst this common enemy despite the differences in language and religion. We hope that the Turkish government finds our request to be of satisfaction.

Sincerely;
Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation.

Anowa wrote:
DIPLOMATIC CORRESPONDENCE

From: Prime Minister Walter Hanlon, Federal Dominion of Canada.
To: President Vladimir Vladimirovic Putin, Russian Federation

President Putin,

Ever since the Victory in Europe a little over seventy years ago, our countries have been in a state of distant relations. I believe it time to move past such petty things as differing ideologies as an excuse to ignore one another on the world stage.

In the coming months, Canada will be sending troops back into the middle-east, with the permissions of Egypt, Turkey, and Syria, we may finish the job indirectly caused by the western powers over a decade ago. I send this letter, hoping that we shall remain cooperative and open with one another regarding military data in the Levant region in the coming months, and wishing that the growing situation in the Caucasus is dealt with in a swift and safe manner.

Sincerely,

Prime Minister of the Federal Dominion of Canada.
Walter G. Hanlon.

Diplomatic Letter

To: Prime Minoster Walter G. Hanlon

It is the belief of this government that we all have a common enemy, this enemy is the Islamic State in Syria and the Levant. Indeed never has a threat presented the free world in such away than when the Fascists took power in Germany and Italy. It is time that we stand like we did those long years ago and fight this insidious enemy wherever it may lurk.

We must make sure that the regional powers are in a better position to combat such threats when they do rise again. We are already doing airstrikes on behalf of the Syrian government and will be increasing our military presence in the region. With the new president in power in the United State there is the hope that the world most powerful democracy uses its military might to fix the issues that it created from withdrawing from the region.

I hope that our two nations can work together for a more stable world for all peoples on this earth.

Sincerely;

Krugeristan wrote:
(Image)

Damascus, Syria

This new president in America rendered Assad sleepless for a week. There was just no trust for the West anymore, especially after the Obama administration had incited the riots and funded the Free Syrian Army. That whole administration was devoid of common sense, ruining Assad's ability to trust any Western nation.

At least there was Russia. At least Putin had the courtesy to help him through this sudden, destructive war that held no purpose other than to turn the Middle East into an even bigger hellhole than it already was.

Well, that morning Assad learned the world wasn't focused on him anymore. They were all focused on this so-called democratic movement in Cuba. They won't be accusing me of anything I didn't do. Being left alone would be a pleasure for sure, but there were still terrorists roaming parts of Syria. I could ask Putin if he can send a bombing run to Aleppo . . . no, then the West's going to be up my . . . no, I have to do this. If I can finally get rid of the rebels in Aleppo, then I can order a bombing run on Raqqa, eliminating ISIS in Syria . . . yes, it's a good idea.

Something still didn't feel like it was a good idea. Assad stared at the phone for an hour, going back and forth to the coffeemaker, refilling his cup about six times, before picking up the phone and trying to put a message through to the Kremlin.

Putin's phone rang as soon as he finished his letter to the Prime Minister of Canada. He picked up the receiver and answered it, awaiting the request of whoever may be on the other end.
Last edited by Ithalian Empire on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:28 pm

US Capitol Building western front
Elena Walther, President-elect of the United States

The roar of applause to over much of the cities soundscape, while I had been in positions of mass admiration and celebration I'd never had this much attention given to me. Sure I help rallies that topped 10,000 people during the election, but this was distinctly different. I was just moments away from being inaugurated the President of the United States, something I would have told you would have been a joke the day I started my campaign. I was just an issues candidate after all. Merely just bringing to light issues I felt were important and disrupting the stage show that was the Primary race. Even when I was nominated I felt as though this was all just a game, I didn't even take it seriously until my campaign manager showed me our "Path to Victory".

Now I stand here, in front of everyone, anyone who was anyone in the Washington establishment was here to see this black sheep become the most powerful person on the planet Earth. I stood in a long and conservative business skirt and suit. I had a larger black coat on as well to keep me warm this cold January morning. To my left was my family, my husband Bill, daughter's Abigael and Anais, and my son Judson. They were quite easily the biggest aspect of support that I've had this whole time, When things got hard these were the people who kept me going. Now I stood face to face with Chief Justice John Roberts as he gave me the oath of the office if the United States. I put my left hand on a book, 'The Constitution expanded' which was a book discussing the legal theory of the constitution. It was an older book I had requested from the Library of Congress. I chose this book for a symbolic reason. I was swearing my alive ce to the constitution rather than to a higher power. While I was no atheist I felt that being a affirmed from a book of constitutional law rather than a bible, to me it help more symbolic value. I then rose my right hand. Chief Justice Roberts than spoke.

"Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: I Elena Elizabeth Walther do solemnly Affirm"

"I Elena Elizabeth Walther do solemnly affirm"

"That I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States"

"That I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States"

"and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

"and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

"Congratulations Madam President." Roberts said shaking my hand and patting my back. Current Senate Leader Mitch McConnell walked to the podium to announce the new President.

"It is my honor to welcome the new President of the United States!" He said with a more cheerful version of his usually dry speaking style. I then slowly took his place at the podium, quickly I looked back st my family and saw their wonderful faces.

"Greetings my fellow Americans" I said although it was drowned out by the cheers of the crowed with some even chanting 'Walther'. But I gave them a few moments of sicken Evans they complete see themselves to where I could give my speech.

"I'm truely humbled here today as your new president, It'a an honor to have been given this position by you, the people of the United States. We face challenges that require us to stay unified under the common ideals that make us Americans. Contrary to the beliefs of some being an American isn't an issue of heritage, religion, or personal creeds but rather the shared ideals of Freedom and Justice. I swear to you that I will conduct myself as a president for all Americans regardless of where you are from or what you see yourself as. In my administration we will reject the idea of hyphenated Americans and strive to represent everyone based on the core value that all men are created equal.

Attacks on this ideals have become common place in such a terbukebt world. But we must remember that we are not descended of fearful men. We are descended from men who routed the British at Yorktown, who withstood the trenches of French country side, and who stormed the beaches at Normandy. We will prevail in the face of adversity but sheep do not lead. We must take our position as the ultimate power and use it to decapitate the snakes poised to strike.

We will prevail, we are not of impotent stock. We will rise to our former glory as the tip of the spear of the Free World. Radical religious fanatics, ideologues, and men of impure intent will not hold the American Valkyrie down in a position of submitance. Our streangth is incomparable, rooted in the bonds we've developed through our shared ideals.

We will prevail, we are a people who strive for the best and have a long history of allowing those with skill and talent to take advantage of their gifts. We are a nation defined by our entrepreneurial spirit, We lead great inivations come to the mainstream, without us men like Ford, Wright, Edison, and Browning would simply been dust in the wind. But the American spirit gave these men the tools needed to come through and be influencers if the world. We still hold that spirit within us and it'll all we must do is pull back the change back and let it free.

We will prevail, we are America."

And with that I took my leave of the podium to the cries and cheers of the audience. Now I was to simply go and handle much of the needs of the world. The Middle East, Mexico, Europe. They all were all in need of my attention and I would shortly begin my efforts to handle these multi-national concerns.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Tabret wrote:
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

(Image)

Encryption: UTMOST LEVELS OF ENCRYPTION

Great, Friday it is. Do bring some Arak with you, I'll be getting the Vodka, wonderful Ukrainian stuff, and we can get this meeting going.

Cheers,
Atilla Phokas

Because the mods don't like the big flags, I'm just going to say that Assad replied.

Assad gave Phokas a quick reply stating that he'd bring the Arak, also making a joke that he wasn't going to go to get drunk. After sending his reply, Assad noticed, much to his relief, that Putin had picked up. "President Putin?" Assad asked, nervously tapping a pen. "I was just . . . calling to ask a favor. Now, I know that you're doing a lot for me, and I'm really trying my best not to be a pain in the ass, but, I really need this done. I think a mass bombing run would be suitable for getting the rebels out of Aleppo and ISIS out of Raqqa. What do you think? Is that too much? Too easy? Too something? Anything?"
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
Re: Prime Minister Walter G. Hanlon

As much as I appreciate your concern and offer of help, it would take much for me to even consider trust from anyone in Europe or the Western Hemisphere, as you know most Western nations hate my guts.

(signed) President Assad

Hanlon had read the letter twice. Once when he received it, and another when he met again with everyone who had a stake in deploying Canadian forces.

the current Governor General was the first to speak, "Were it not an official correspondence I'd think he was making a bad joke." Hanlon looked up at the acting Monarch, oddly enough not even a technical European, she was born in Sarajevo in 1985. She stayed there during the Bosnian war, and had nearly her whole bloody family killed by the Serbs. Yet not once did she complain. She knew forgiveness, as well as common sense. Oleander continued, "Well, it seems we'll be sending the CSOR and JTF2 to Mecca instead."

Ulysses simply gave a grunt of approval, "It's a damn shame, hopefully the Russkies can pick up the slack in Syria, I'd hate for it to be a safe haven. It'll certainly fuck the campaign upside down and sideways."

Hanlon nodded along, If there was anyone in the room who understood a military campaign it was Ulysses. The man had -in his own words- 'eaten his fair share of IEDs' in Afghanistan and Iraq. A former member of JTF2, he'd be cleared for combat duty still were it not for his below knee amputation.

Hanlon took that time to spoke, "I have concern in his own safety as well. The letter is exceedingly short, meaning that he was either in such a hurry to write it that he couldn't make it very formal, it;s not even encrypted... That or he just doesn't like us very much."

Ulysses responded, "The latter's a disturbing thought."

Oleander nodded, "Indeed. At the very least Turkey and Russia seem to want to cooperate in this endeavor."

Ulysses continued, "I should probably get word out to the MacDonald and it's combat group to start loading up. And CANSOFCOM to change their destination."

Hanlon nodded, the HMCS Lester B. Pearson was the first domestically made carrier in Canadian history. Capable of holding 60 Rafale M aircraft and something near 15 MH-55 Pavelows below decks. Along with all the troops it can carry.

And with the HMCS John A. MacDonald -Fromerly USS Enterprise- on the west coast, with similar loading capabilities, both could be in the Persian Gulf and the Meds by the end of February. The MacDonald was carrying the CSOR and JTF2 elements to deploy into Mecca, and the Pearson would be carrying the conventional troops to the Mediterranean. Things would be set in stone now.
Last edited by Anowa on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:08 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
Assad gave Phokas a quick reply stating that he'd bring the Arak, also making a joke that he wasn't going to go to get drunk. After sending his reply, Assad noticed, much to his relief, that Putin had picked up. "President Putin?" Assad asked, nervously tapping a pen. "I was just . . . calling to ask a favor. Now, I know that you're doing a lot for me, and I'm really trying my best not to be a pain in the ass, but, I really need this done. I think a mass bombing run would be suitable for getting the rebels out of Aleppo and ISIS out of Raqqa. What do you think? Is that too much? Too easy? Too something? Anything?"

Putin took time to think over Assad's request, it would not be too much for Russia to do such a thing, but could a war be won with air power alone? Air power is an effective tool but it can not hold land, it can destroy material and men, but in the end you had to have actual flesh and blood men to hold dirt.

"Mr.Assad, it is in the best interest of Syria and Russia if the Russian involvement within Syria was increased to something more than sorties. We want boots on the ground. ISIS is not just a threat to Syria, but a threat to the world, Russia alone can not fight against ISIS, it will take the might of the other western powers and the rest of the region to push back Daesh forces."
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:

Putin took time to think over Assad's request, it would not be too much for Russia to do such a thing, but could a war be won with air power alone? Air power is an effective tool but it can not hold land, it can destroy material and men, but in the end you had to have actual flesh and blood men to hold dirt.

"Mr.Assad, it is in the best interest of Syria and Russia if the Russian involvement within Syria was increased to something more than sorties. We want boots on the ground. ISIS is not just a threat to Syria, but a threat to the world, Russia alone can not fight against ISIS, it will take the might of the other western powers and the rest of the region to push back Daesh forces."

"I don't even know if the Western nations are willing to do this. I don't know what that new American president is all about, and I got a weird message from Canada, asking if they could have operations in Syria. I . . . told them I needed to think about it because I don't trust them. At all. Look, Turkey said they're willing to do something, and I'm meeting with their president on Friday." The nervous pen-tapping intensified. "If you want to send troops in, that's fine. I just don't know who else to trust putting troops in here."

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:43 pm

[minecraft villager sound]
Last edited by Confederation of the Equator on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
where the fuck is my ground support

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Krugeristan wrote:"I don't even know if the Western nations are willing to do this. I don't know what that new American president is all about, and I got a weird message from Canada, asking if they could have operations in Syria. I . . . told them I needed to think about it because I don't trust them. At all. Look, Turkey said they're willing to do something, and I'm meeting with their president on Friday." The nervous pen-tapping intensified. "If you want to send troops in, that's fine. I just don't know who else to trust putting troops in here."

"You will trust whoever we trust Assad. This is not a matter that is yours and yours alone. Daesh is a force that threatens the world and it will require the world to solve it. Russian troops will also be operating out of Turkey alongside the western nations, there is no reason that Syria can not do the same. This is what we want, and if you want help with your issues, it is best for you to cooperate."
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:"I don't even know if the Western nations are willing to do this. I don't know what that new American president is all about, and I got a weird message from Canada, asking if they could have operations in Syria. I . . . told them I needed to think about it because I don't trust them. At all. Look, Turkey said they're willing to do something, and I'm meeting with their president on Friday." The nervous pen-tapping intensified. "If you want to send troops in, that's fine. I just don't know who else to trust putting troops in here."

"You will trust whoever we trust Assad. This is not a matter that is yours and yours alone. Daesh is a force that threatens the world and it will require the world to solve it. Russian troops will also be operating out of Turkey alongside the western nations, there is no reason that Syria can not do the same. This is what we want, and if you want help with your issues, it is best for you to cooperate."

Alright, then. I . . . guess I have no say in this. "I can do the same . . . I just hope nobody stabs me in the back or ends up secretly funding rebels in the process. Honestly, though, you've had very bad rifts with the West. How can you trust them to help us take on world terrorism?" The pen-tapping continued, a little slower this time. "How do we test out this new American president? Should I talk with her? You talk with her? Something? I send a letter? You send a letter? What do I say to Canada now?"

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:14 pm

Republic of Egypt
Cairo
President Karim Wasem

The possibility that ISIS has chemical weapons set the tone for the rest of the meeting and it finished with there going to be a invasion of the ISIS controlled territory. The question of when or who will be apart of this is up for debate at this point. But a alliance between Turkey and Egypt is going good, so a meeting will be called for all members of the Arab League. Karim was in his office writing letters as Salwa Harb meeting with the Bedouin in the Sinai Peninsula.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Salwa was a the meeting point in the Sinai Peninsula in the city of El Tor. The city was named a neutral point for the two sides and the mood was tense. The Bedouin were annoyed that the meeting was rushed and were on edge. Salwa carefully and calmly explained that due to the increasing threat of ISIS, the Egyptian government going to improve as soon as possible the lives of Bedouin and is willing to forgive all crimes against them in exchanged for either putting down arms or helping them fight ISIS. The Bedouin seem skeptical about the this, however they would not want to live under ISIS and they have seen that the government is actively helping with poverty in the Sinai Peninsula. So they agreed to to the proposal and decided to help fight ISIS.

To Turkey
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: President Atilla Phokas, Republic of Turkey

Mr President,

In light our now alliance, your minster will attending the Arab League meeting as soon as he arrives in Cairo. For I feel that we talk about how we deal with ISIS as soon as possible and start a plan of attack. I will send letters to all members of the League and to others outside of the League. The meeting will start as soon as possible and for your offer of free trade. The issue can be discuss at the meeting in Cairo after the issue of ISIS has been handled. I myself like the thought of a such agreement and rather discuss that in person. If you need to send another minster to discuss such things then feel free.

Good blessing to our nations.

To Syria
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

Mr President,

Because the increasing threat of ISIS, I am calling a Arab League meeting in Cairo. I am sure that despite my own issues with your rule in Syria, we can come to common ground about to face this common threat. The meeting will start as soon as possible and if you can not attend then you must sent someone in your place. For this is a issue that can not wait and must be dealt with soon.

Stay Safe and well.

To Brazil
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: President João Silva, Republic of Brazil

Mr President,

I am calling for a meeting of the Arab League about the growing threat of ISIS. Though you are not a member and have your own issues in your home country. You are a observer state of the League and if you wish to attend the meeting them you are allow to. The meeting will start as soon as possible and will talk about how to deal with ISIS.

With good regards.

To Canada
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: Prime Minister Walter Hanlon, Federal Dominion of Canada.

Mr Prime Minister,

About your offer of support, the permisson of two infanty regiments in the Sinai peninsula is granted. I too feel that we will need help in order to deal with ISIS. Because of the increasing threat of ISIS I am calling a Arab League meeting to discuss it. Though you are not a member, you are invited since the main topic will be on how to deal and possbily fight them. The meeting will start as soon as all members arrive and please reply soon if you wish to attend.

For a better future.

To UWAR
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: President Alex Amadou Sabaleh

Mr, President

I know that you are busy with rebuild your nation after your wars. I have message you about the increasing threat of ISIS in the Middle East. Though you are not a member of the Arab League, you are bordering a member and could face threats from ISIS-allied forces in Africa. So if you wish, you can attend the meeting in Cairo and the meeting will start as soon as possible. Send someone if you wish to attend then you are welcome to.

Have peace in your lands.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:

Alright, then. I . . . guess I have no say in this. "I can do the same . . . I just hope nobody stabs me in the back or ends up secretly funding rebels in the process. Honestly, though, you've had very bad rifts with the West. How can you trust them to help us take on world terrorism?" The pen-tapping continued, a little slower this time. "How do we test out this new American president? Should I talk with her? You talk with her? Something? I send a letter? You send a letter? What do I say to Canada now?"

Putin knew he was pushing Assad a little harder than what would be normal, but this was an issue that needed needed to be ended quickly before it consumed the rest of the region.

"Assad, for anyone to fund rebels within Syria once again would completely undo what will take billions of dollars and the lives of many men to accomplish. I know that the relations with the West have become strained, but I believe that this is an issue that can unite us for at least a while to a common cause, ISIS threatens them as much as it threaten us. I plan on having an official meeting with the new American President as soon as they have been sworn into office. What I do now is that she is not Obama, and she for sure is not Hillary Clinton. You will tell Canada that after some consideration you will alway there troops to conduct operations in Syria." Putin paused for a second, he had to give poor Assad a break, it was understandable for the man to be paranoid." Assad, don't worry, the Russian Federation will keep your back."
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Theyra wrote:To Syria
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

Mr President,

Because the increasing threat of ISIS, I am calling a Arab League meeting in Cairo. I am sure that despite my own issues with your rule in Syria, we can come to common ground about to face this common threat. The meeting will start as soon as possible and if you can not attend then you must sent someone in your place. For this is a issue that can not wait and must be dealt with soon.

Stay Safe and well.

Assad was presented with this rather sudden letter from Egypt.

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:

Putin knew he was pushing Assad a little harder than what would be normal, but this was an issue that needed needed to be ended quickly before it consumed the rest of the region.

"Assad, for anyone to fund rebels within Syria once again would completely undo what will take billions of dollars and the lives of many men to accomplish. I know that the relations with the West have become strained, but I believe that this is an issue that can unite us for at least a while to a common cause, ISIS threatens them as much as it threaten us. I plan on having an official meeting with the new American President as soon as they have been sworn into office. What I do now is that she is not Obama, and she for sure is not Hillary Clinton. You will tell Canada that after some consideration you will alway there troops to conduct operations in Syria." Putin paused for a second, he had to give poor Assad a break, it was understandable for the man to be paranoid." Assad, don't worry, the Russian Federation will keep your back."

"I'll see what I can do about Canada, OK? I have to go. Right now. We can talk later. Soon. Maybe. I don't know. Good luck." Assad hung up, nervously, throwing open a closet and grabbing a jacket, along with a handgun--you know, just in case--before running outside, into a car that would take him to the airport. "Get me on a flight to Egypt, right now!"

He didn't even successfully relax on the plane, asking the flight attendant for a few sick bags before takeoff.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Diplomatic Letter
United States State Department to the Republic of Cuba

To: General of the Army Abraham Menendez
From: Secretary of State Zalmay Khalilzad on behave of President Elena Walther

Greeting General Menendez, I've become aware of the calls for the help to establish a democratic system of government. We are fully willing and capable of help your nation transition into a democracy. We'd be remised if we were not to help your people experience democracy for the first time in arguably the existence of the Cuban state. The time of aggression and hostility between our two nations must end in order for true progress.

I'll be sending our newly appointed Ambassador to Cuba will take an active role in helping you establish a democratic government that is representative of all Cubans. We hope for the best, Godspeed.

Diplomatic Letter
United States State Department to the United Mexican States

To: President of the Republic Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador
From: Secretary of State Zalmay Khalilzad on behave of President Elena Walther

Greetings, We enjoy your iniative in helping solve the issues that plague both of our countries. As you know, President Walter has taken a stance on illegal immigration and crime coming across the border from Mexico, while we understand the issues of dealing with this threat she is hard pressed to solve these issues.

The United States Department of Homeland Security under William Bratton will be setting up a more extensive border defense system. The construction of a "border wall" is to be proposed within her first 100 days in office. The idea being to increase the coast to traffic in drugs. While we are aware this will not totally stop the inflow of drugs into the country we believe it is an important first step in securing our border.

We are committed to continuing our commitments of the Medina Agreement as well as efforts to modernize Mexicos fighting capabilities in order to combat Narco-Terrorist especially in northern Mexico. We will be willing to help you in your ability to combat these Narco-Terrorist and we are as of now talking about actions we can take to limit there capabilities. However some of the polices you've ore posed are hard to work with in the American context. We have a recognized problem here but out of respect we do not believe it is your place to dictate American drug policy. While Mrs. Walther has commented on the failure of the war on drugs in the past but we will formulate our own strategy on how to combat the issues facing our nation just as we are to allow you your own path to handle this situation, we are only here to offer help to give your path the ability to succeed.

We do in fact have plans to attend the Three Amigos Summit with Elena Walther expressing full interest in attending the event. We believe that the summit is a great platform for us to discuss a joint plan of attack in combating our shared situation.

Diplomatic Letter
United States State Department to the Russian Federation

To: President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin
From: Secratary of State Zalmay Khalilzad on behave of Elena Walther

Greetings President Putin, We'd like to acknowledge the past history of our nations. But a new administration means a chance to rethink how we cooperate with each other. We would like to establish a chance for us to meet to discuss our operations going forward in regards to how we are to conduct ourselves in combating the threat of ISIL.

Mrs. Walther would like to meet you in Washington DC in order to discuss future military engagements and how we would cooperate in this situation. We'd also like to have a follow up in Moscow to continue this discussion. We believe that a more understanding plan between us would be beneficial for world peace. She'd also like to talk about reengaging a peace plan for Ukraine that would be beneficial for all parties involved.

Thank you.

Diplomatic Letter
United States State Department to the Republic of Turkey.

To: President Atilla Phokas, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti
From: Secratary of State Zalmay Khalilzad on behave of Elena Walther.
Greetings, We appreciate the calls for unity against the menace of the Islamic state. We will fully support efforts to modernize you military as well as to send in military assets to help combat the threat. We will need to increase the number of aircraft and logistical supplies to Incirlik Airforce Base as the Department of Defense has drafted a plan to increase the amount of combat sorties of ISIL positions from 11 to 80 per day. This would require a steady flow of fuel and munitions.

We'd be willing to invest in domestic defense endeavors as well as providing equipment to your military. However we feel that given the issues with the F-35 we will continue to stall that delivery until the issues have been solved. We also only see the B-2 Spirit is to valuable an asset to simply sell at this point. However we would be able to lease you 5 B-1B Lancer bombers to suplanent that request. Other than that the state department sees no issue with your other demands.

We would also like to ask if we could station the US III Corps in your country in order to serve as a force to help combat ISIL forces as well as the 1st Ranger Battalionto act as observers and front line combat troops to help your nations front line.

We also wish to remain quite on the issue of the new Islamic coalition and the idea of endorsing any new Islamic establishment even if it is to counter ISIL. We feel our commending of it will only lead to it faults ring and we believe that if we say nothing the new establishment will have more legitimacy.

Hopefully this new era of cooperation leads to a safe and secure Middle East.
Last edited by Insaeldor on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Berlin, Germany

With the rise of ISIS within the middle east and its explosion of occupation in Iraq and the Gulf of Aden the German Parliament voted to authorize sending elements of the Bundeswehr and Luftwaffe to key locations to make an assault on Daesh. It would likely be the start of a lend-lease Esq system to the free nations of the Middle East to help de-radicalize the populations of the region. The first two target country to deploy in would be Turkey and Syria, as they could be used to cut out a pocket of ISIS fighters. Internally the deployment would get a mixed response at best, it would be the first time the German Army had been deployed in years, and the populace would be worried of a possibly long and drawn out war, and of possible terror attacks. Björn Eisenseite wrote some messages to be sent over a server to the leaders of Syria and Turkey, inquiring about access through their lands.

BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND
OFFICIAL DIPLOMATIC MESSAGE

From: Chancellor Björn Eisenseite, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Encryption: High

I wish your stomach full and your people wealthy. It has come to the attention of the threat of Daesh to the German people and the people of the middle east and world. The threat it places on the lives of mankind and the sovereign nations of the middle east are too great. The Federal Republic of Germany formally requests permission from the Republic of Turkey to station elements of the Bundeswehr (German Army) soldiers and the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) within Turkish territory to combat Daesh. It is the hope of mine and my government that such action will lead to the liberation of Daesh's occupied territory and their collapse. Kendine iyi bak.

Signed, Björn Eisenseite.

BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND
OFFICIAL DIPLOMATIC MESSAGE

From: Chancellor Björn Eisenseite, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
To: President Bashar al-Assad, Aljumhuriat Alearabiat Alssuria
Encryption: High

I wish your stomach full and your people wealthy. It has come to the attention of the threat of Daesh to the German people and the people of the middle east and world. The threat it places on the lives of mankind and the sovereign nations of the middle east are too great. The Federal Republic of Germany formally requests permission from the Syrian Arab Republic to station elements of the Bundeswehr (German Army) soldiers and the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) within Syrian territory to combat Daesh. It is the hope of mine and my government that such action will lead to the liberation of Daesh's occupied territory and their collapse. Ma'a as-Salāmah.

Signed, Björn Eisenseite.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:00 pm

Theyra wrote:To Canada
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: Prime Minister Walter Hanlon, Federal Dominion of Canada.

Mr Prime Minister,
About your offer of support, the permisson of two infanty regiments in the Sinai peninsula is granted. I too feel that we will need help in order to deal with ISIS. Because of the increasing threat of ISIS I am calling a Arab League meeting to discuss it. Though you are not a member, you are invited since the main topic will be on how to deal and possbily fight them. The meeting will start as soon as all members arrive and please reply soon if you wish to attend.

For a better future.

To: President Karim Wasem, Arab Republic of Egypt

President Wasem,

In the stead of any ambassador or Prime Minister Hanlon. I will be attending the Arab League meeting to represent the Dominion of Canada. Seeing as I am one of the few in the Canadian leadership to have extensive knowledge of what will likely be covered. I hope that said meeting can reach a joint agreement to combat the threat that may cause a third world war should things get any worse.

That being said, you may expect the two regiments to arrive within the end of the month, along with a small carrier group headed by the HMCS Lester B. Pearson.

السلام عليكم,

Governor General of Canada, and acting monarch of the British Commonwealth,
Oleander Z. Phyrras

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

(Image)

To: Prime Minister Walter G. Hanlon, Federal Dominion of Canada

Greetings Mr. President,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I have received your proposition regarding the deployment of Canadian ground troops and the initiation of a campaign to drive ISIS out of Iraq and subsequently Syria. I believe this plan to be of great benefit for the peoples of the Middle East, however I am not so certain about the average citizen's grasp of the same. A direct foreign intervention might fuel the growth of radicalism in the region and make Turkey, and consequently our regional partners, appear as weaker than ISIS, however I believe we might be able to negate the negative influence of such an intervention if Canada and NATO were to endorse the Turkish Grand Mufti of Islam, a pan-Islamic religious authority who might be able to issue fatwas favouring Western intervention under the guise of defending Mecca.

Let me say that my initial predisposition to your proposition is rather positive, however I would like to know how many men or brigades is your military willing to commit to such a campaign? We need to gauge the strength of our forces against the enemy's.

We would accept your proposition on the condition that Canada openly supports the Turkish Grand Mufti of Islam and persuades (to the best of its ability) its regional allies and NATO to do the same, who will subsequently issue a fatwa calling all loyal Muslims to defend Mecca from ISIS. This would grant your nation the pretext to defend Mecca and ultimately gain the admiration of millions of Muslims all across the globe.

Hoping you are well,

Atilla Phokas

]

I agree that something peaceful must be done to avoid needless death, and I am willing to cooperate, however I do believe that my word might not be worth much given that I am rather public about my own catholic beliefs. Our Governor General would have more weight behind her words given her beliefs and position as Commander-In-Chief of Canada's forces.

In regards to military presence, two armored divisions at the least, with at least three infantry regiments and an artillery regiment in addition should you allow it. As for Air forces we are willing to increase bombing missions and air superiority runs to an absolute maximum should the situation warrant.

With regards,

Prime Minister of the Federal Dominion of Canada
Walter G. Hanlon
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:15 pm

The Federation of New Malaya

Another day in the Federation meant another day battling corruption, rooting out internal strife and eliminating criminal syndicates. While most of the three has been accomplished over years of bloody fighting among the authorities and rural communities where the drug lords often hired their mules, the increment of the Federation's literacy rate was of a concern. No matter, the new students of the Federation would be entering their teenhood soon, and hopefully it would inspire a new generation of people who turned to hard work instead of crime.

There were messages from Canada regarding an ambitious project of a space elevator on one of the islands around Indonesia. While the land seemed ideal, the Prime Minister would be concerned about access to the area even with the settlement of tensions with Indonesia over the years. The haze issue from Sumatra seemed to be addressed to a limited degree, freeing Singapore image from the choking phenomenon and boosting tourism in the island once again.

Piracy was a concern, especially with several islets in Indonesia and the Philippines being strongholds. The Federation's concern lay in the decade-long problem of Thailand's southern rebels, which were a concern for the Federation's northern settlements. Even now, Federation battalions were stationed at the border to ensure that gunmen stayed north, although a booming black market industry, the remnants of Malaysia's lack of civil control, remained. Since the reunification, ships of the former Singapore Navy had taken the lead on naval control, while the many Malaysian ships, most of which were lacking in quality or maintenance, were quickly patched up and deployed to combat piracy.

With the culling of organized crimelords and illegal firearms, the huge stash of military equipment were tagged, cleaned, and delivered to several new camps set up along the Federation. Conscription was made compulsory, and despite the protests, the bill went ahead with privileges granted to those who have served their country.

New challenges would have to be faced by the Federation. The northern rebels were still holding strong due to their knowledge of the terrain after years of insurgency, and ties would have to be improved with Indonesia. The shadows of the Confrontation still haunt the seniors of the Federation after all.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:58 pm

“Put together, Najib’s and Duterte’s back-to-back visits to Beijing have provoked panic in some western capitals, with observers causally warning about a wave of defections among traditional western partners now pivoting to China.”
– Aljazeera, 9 November 2016

“China’s lecturing the United States on the need to fight climate change is a reversal from the usual roles and a sign that, with the United States governed by Mrs. Walther, China may have to take the leadership position in the global campaign.”
– The New York Times, 18 November 2016

“China Discovers the Price of Global Power: Soldiers Returning in Caskets
– The Wall Street Journal, November 2016

“[The Long March 5’s] successful launch has propelled China to the forefront of the world in terms of rocket carrying capacity, and marks a milestone in China’s transition from a major player in space to a major power in space…
– Space Daily, 3 November 2016

“China is making a strategic pivot towards innovation, and it will be game-changing.”
– Watersone Management Groups white paper: "The Real China Threat: Innovation."

“[Japanese President] Abe told Xiaojing he would like to seek comprehensive improvement of ties with eyes on the 45th anniversary of the normalisation of diplomatic relations next year…”
– Japan Today, 21 November 2016

“China is taking advantage of the statements made by Whalter during the presidential campaign to occupy, if not monopolize, the high moral and political ground.”
– Bloomberg Politics, 20 November 2016

“We had our horse, the Chinese had their horse, but our horse has been put out to pasture and is no longer running in the race.”
– Altbach, former deputy assistance US Trade Representative for China Affairs

Beijing | The People's Republic of China | December 2016

Act I : A Slumbering Dragon

The light burst into existence in the sky, an almost unnoticeable streak that would have drawn a few smiles from those who viewed it down below. For generations, meteors had been gazed upon with awe and curiosity. Civilizations of ages long-since past saw them as visitors from above, signs of the will of the Gods or premonitions of cataclysmic future events. Even in more modern times, we continue to infatuate ourselves with the glowing streaks whenever they dash across the sky – even if we know them to be nothing more than hulks of rock meeting their end in one final gasp of glory against the planet’s atmosphere. Darting across the heavens, this fireball’s tail extended for kilometres behind it like a majestic shooting star, with the hopes and wishes of the Chinese people being cast upon its light. Of course, this shooting star was hardly a simple hulk of rock. This one was made of forged metal crafted by human hands, a pinnacle of ingenuity that dared to cast man out to whence it has never ventured before.

The capsule was rocked and buffeted by the violent forces of re-entry, the Taikonsauts within secured firmly in their seats as it plummeted towards the Earth below. Countless cameras watched unceasingly as the vehicle ploughed its way through the thick air, its shielding withstanding the unimaginable heat to secure the delivery of the brave souls within. Shenzhou 11, the name bestowed upon the crat by its human creators upon its launch, had spent the majority of its mission docked to the Tiangong-2 space station, patiently waiting for its moment in the spotlight. It had been the longest venture yet by China into space, its program gradually building up both momentum and knowhow towards its goal of a permanent Outpost.

Upon their arrival, the two Taikonauts on board would be greeted as heroes – met by the President himself and granted honours befitting their roles in China’s latest triumph. It was a day of pride and achievement for the people of the People’s Republic, a sign of their efforts and prowess coming to fruition. Highlighting the success as a boon to humanity and the peaceful pursuit of scientific understanding, President Xiaojing had spoken to the cameras before his people’s flag. Using the opportunity to applaud the work of the country’s engineers and explorers, the President used the opportunity to reach out to the world, speaking of the importance of collaboration and cooperation to push the boundaries of possibilities in orbit, and beyond.

Media outlets wasted no time in chewing through and churning out the statement, analyses and op-eds featuring in editorials across the continents – with more than a few pointing out the irony of China’s tenacity at circumnavigating its barring from the International Space Station. A few hazarded to imagine the possibilities of where the program would seek to venture next, or what could be achieved if it joined forces with other major players in space. Some named the Europeans in passing, but were forced to acknowledge the recent struggles of the Union to which their program was inextricably bound. Although for the people of China, it was more than enough to take pride in the moment, their eyes turned hopefully towards the future.

Zhongnanhai, the headquarters of the Chinese Communist Party and the State Council, was a daily scene of activity. Closed off to the general public save for welcomed foreign dignitaries, the beating heart of the People’s Republic was where the countless strings that bound the single most populous state on Earth came together to be united as one people. The ancient structure was a proud monument to China’s distant past, the might and standing of its former Empires when it stood at the helm of the world. It was a reminder of what the great nation had achieved in its illustrious history, and a foreshadowing of what it could come to be in the 21st Century. For President Xiaojing, it was also a poignant reminder of his role within the world. It was folly for a leader to think outside the bounds of history, for it is within its annals that he would ultimately be judged and where he could make the most difference on behalf of his people.

The conference room itself also had the air of history about it, although tempered with the Spartan practicality of governance in the modern world. The site of meetings between the President and his closest advisors and ministers, it was the room in which Chinese policy would be debated, forged and cultivated by its leaders – often with a healthy air of vocal debate. However, it had fallen silent as all gathered sat with their eyes glued to the screen at its far end, the speakers clearly broadcasting each syllable from the live images.

“We will prevail, we are America.”

The woman’s voice was strong and forceful, filled with a confidence that would see her well in the coming years, no doubt. Waving for the display to be muted following the speech, Xiaojing turned to his gathered colleagues, raising the prepared glass before him.

“First, a toast to the Madame President’s victory across the Pacific. May she lead her country well.” The assorted generals and advisors joined the President in their slight indulgence of kinship – even if the Americans would never know it. Ultimately, a stable United States was essential for the functioning of the global economy, and by extension the People’s Republic. The world had become far too interdependent for them to imagine otherwise.

“Now, I want a meeting to be arranged with Madame Walther at the soonest convenience – I will congratulate her on her inauguration myself.” The scribe nodded in agreement as he noted down a reminder for the President, the hostility that had embroiled the American’s election campaign remaining unsaid. “What do you all have for me today?”

The Defence Minister, Zhu Hung, was a wizened man, his greying hair masking a pair of sharp eyes that betrayed his age. Turning to the President, he cleared his throat before he began to speak. “We are making progress with the Japanese in our efforts to de-escalate our tensions. I have instructed the Navy to reduce the number of patrols near the Diaoyu Islands in accordance to our agreements and as a gesture of goodwill. The situation in the Middle East, however, appears to be worsening although we have received no official request for assistance from any of the involved parties.”

The President nodded in agreement, knowing that his hands were tied in that region. China was simply in no position to become embroiled in that engagement – what with the West and Russia already having wadded in knee-deep – without receiving an official request. “Very well, but make it clear to the Security Council that we are more than willing to pull our weight to help in the resolution of this crises.”

“Certainly, Mr President. However, we have also begun the deployment of the additional troops in Sudan. Currently our reinforcements are taking over most of the positions vacated by the Kenyans following their withdrawal from the UN force, and I have instructed my men to better secure the refugee camps placed under our protection. If I may speak freely, sir, the state that they had been left in was abysmal.”

“Understood. We cannot allow that situation to deteriorate any further. As part of the peacekeeping force, it is our responsibility to protect the civilians and the innocent – a responsibility that the UN has been woefully unable to achieve thus far. Remind our soldiers that lethal force is authorised, but that they’re authority extends to the protection of the refugee camps and self-defence without prior approval.” The general nodded before saluting, signifying the conclusion of his statements. “Minister Shen, how is the progress on RCEP?”

The economics minister was a younger woman, in her early forties, but had a reputation for holding a firm, no-nonsense approach to negotiations while refusing to deviate from a point of contention. “Quite well, Mr President. My staff are drawing up some of the final addendums to the initial draft and are ready to send it out to all the nations proposed to be involved. I’m sure that there will be substantial editing to be done to please all parties, but I think we’re off to a good start.”

“Phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal.” Xiaojing couldn’t stop a grin from appearing on his face at the news. The RCEP was a centrepiece project of his, the opportunity to open up trade for all of South-East Asia, and potentially even further afield if all things went well. With their Trans-Pacific Partnership, the Americans had sought to wield free trade as a weapon of geopolitics against China rather than as a means for mutual benefit. With the RCEP, China could forge closer bonds with her neighbours while hopefully establishing a means to deter any regional conflicts. “Now, how are our Taikonauts handling after their trip?”

Communiques:
USA – The President congratulates President Whalter on her victory and wishes her well in the governance of her people. He offers to have a meeting – be it on the phone or in person – as soon as possible to discuss relations between their two countries.

Russia – The President sends a communique to Putin, offering China’s assistance – however it can – in resolving the conflict in the Middle East with Daesh, while restating their commitment to the vast economic ties between their two nations.
Iran – China, having secured large-scale investment opportunities in Iran following the lifting of sanctions, is looking to deepen ties with the establishment of the Silk Road through forging deeper political and cultural links. In particular, they offer to send advisors to assist in the battle against Daesh and further purchases of Iranian oil.

Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Indonesia, The Federation of Malay, the Phillipines, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, India, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand – China proposes the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership be enacted with finalising negotiations to occur as quickly as possible, opening up the economic borders of South-East Asia to boost economic growth and collaboration between all of its peoples.

WIP: May try to write up official communiques asap.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:15 am

Republic of Egypt
Cairo
President Karim Wasem

By the time the letter will be sent to the Canadians, the Turkish minister had arrived in Cairo. He was greeted personally by Karim and offered his hand to him. "Hello minister and I am President Karim Wasem". "It is good that you have arrived and I will be seeing you to the meeting". "We have much to talk about and would you like to discuss some things before the meeting? "Also, by chance was is your name?

To Canada
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: Governor General Oleander Phyrras, Federal Dominion of Canada

This is good and I hope that we can come to a agreement about the threat of ISIS. The President is already greeting the Turkish representative in Cairo as this letter is being sent. You should know that we have also called this meeting, since we have come across important information that concerns ISIS and that will be discussed at the meeting. I will see you there as soon as possible and so will the Iraqi prime minister as well. I must thank you for your support for this matter.

For future peace.

Prime Minister of the Arab Republic of Egypt
Salwa Harb

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:01 am

To: Government of the United States of America; North Atlantic Treaty Organisation

To all whom it may concern,

Although the Republic of Iceland and the United States of America has harmoniously co-operated as allied states for the past few decades, the threats against which this alliance was originally formed no longer exist, nor do current common threats justify the degree of military co-operation previously maintained. The Government of the Republic of Iceland therefore believes that the continuing military presence in Iceland, most notably the stationing of aircraft, by the United States Armed Forces and other such militaries allied to the Republic of Iceland no longer serves any national good to the Republic of Iceland or to her allied states in the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.

Thus, the Government of the Republic of Iceland seeks to renegotiate the terms outlined in the Joint Understanding regarding the bilateral defence between the Republic of Iceland and the United States of America signed in the September of 2016. Specifically, the Government of the Republic of Iceland seeks to revoke Clauses 1, 6, and 8, which this Government feels threatens the national security of the Republic of Iceland and presents an unacceptable affront to Iceland's sovereignty as a nation-state.

Furthermore, the Government of the Republic of Iceland informs the Government of the United States of America and all other States of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation of an upcoming modification, to come into effect beginning on the 21st of January 2017, of the terms of bilateral defence between the Republic of Iceland and the United States of America. Specifically, the Republic of Iceland shall invoke Articles 1, 3, and 4 of the 1951 United States-Iceland Defence Treaty to indefinitely suspend on the aforementioned date, with the possibility of permanently cancelling, first, the provision of facilities by the Republic of Iceland to the United States of America, second, the stationing of military assets and personnel by the United States Armed Forces in Iceland, and third, the usage of Icelandic territory, including territorial waters and airspace, for military manoeuvres by allied militaries.

The Government of the Republic of Iceland also expresses grave concern about the safety of its personnel stationed in highly volatile regions as a part of various military operations conducted by the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation and notes that its deployed personnel are trained and equipped for peacekeeping and the maintenance of order, and is therefore thoroughly unsuitable for the open conflict currently taking place in the region. Hence, the Government of the Republic of Iceland hereby informs the Government of the United States of America and all other States of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation that Iceland shall withdraw all involvement by the Armed Forces of the Republic of Iceland in military operations conducted by the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation by the 21st of January 2017.

The Government of the Republic of Iceland hopes that these new terms are acceptable to the States allied to it.

Signed and approved,

Katrín Jakobsdóttir,
Prime Minister of the Republic of Iceland,

On this day the fifth of January, 2017.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tabret
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tabret » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:02 am

Theyra wrote:Republic of Egypt
Cairo
President Karim Wasem

To Turkey
DIPLOMATIC LETTER

Mr President,

In light our now alliance, your minster will attending the Arab League meeting as soon as he arrives in Cairo. For I feel that we talk about how we deal with ISIS as soon as possible and start a plan of attack. I will send letters to all members of the League and to others outside of the League. The meeting will start as soon as possible and for your offer of free trade. The issue can be discuss at the meeting in Cairo after the issue of ISIS has been handled. I myself like the thought of a such agreement and rather discuss that in person. If you need to send another minster to discuss such things then feel free.

Good blessing to our nations.

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Diplomatic Letter

To:Atilla Phokas

It is good to see that the new administration within Turkey is willing to mend the strained relation our two nation have so recently found ourselves in. The mutual threat of Deash must be dealt with directly and with extreme prejudice. The Russian Federation is willing to support the Turkish struggle aganst this threat in any way.

Your willingness to give the Russian people concessions on the historic Hagia Sofia is most welcome. The Russian people wish for nothing else than good relations with those who are fighting our common enemy. Free trade with our respective peoples is most welcome.

However the Russian military has a different idea on how to deal with the mutual threat. It makes no sense to us as to why we should sell equipment in Russian standardization to a NATO nation with NATO standardizations. We propose that you goverment give the Russian military the right to station troops and aircraft within the Turkish borders to help combat the Daesh forces on you border alongside the pre existing Peshmerga forces currently engaged. We believe that this would be more effective than selling equipment that does not match the current arsenal of Turkey.

It is the hope of Russia that our two respective peoples can work together aganst this common enemy despite the differences in language and religion. We hope that the Turkish government finds our request to be of satisfaction.

Sincerely;

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To:President Vladimir Vladimirovic Putin, Russian Federation

Mr. President,

Thank you for your quick response. I am glad that our nations will enter an age of friendship and cooperation unlike any seen before.

I have ordered that the Haga Sofia be re-opened as an Orthodox church to the public. Although no prayer functions are possible at this time, the issue of radicalism remains, but the Haga Sofia will be maintained as a museum and a testament to Byzantine and Orthodox heritage.

I am afraid we cannot allow Russian troops to conduct land operations against Daesh, not for military concerns but rather for sociopolitical concerns. The radicals are already capitalising on foreign involvement in Syria, both Western and Russian, to gain recruits from all over the world for ISIS. A large-scale military campaign will only worsen the situation. What we can offer is freedom of access in Turkish airspace for Russian airplanes so the Russian Airforce can launch strikes from bases in southern Russia and thus vastly increase the number of daily sorties.

We are open to any suggestions you or your military staff might have concerning the issue of pushing back ISIS.

Hoping this letter finds you in good health,

Atilla Phokas

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: President Karim Wasem, Arab Republic of Egypt

Mr. President,

It will be an excellent opportunity to talk about the free trade agreement in person. Would you be interested in visiting Turkey this month? I will host you at my winter residence near Istanbul. The snows have not melted yet and the sights are absolutely incredible, it will make for a great tourism visit too.

Hoping you are well,

Atilla Phokas

Insaeldor wrote:
Diplomatic Letter
(Image)
United States State Department to the Republic of Turkey.

From: Secratary of State Zalmay Khalilzad on behave of Elena Walther.
Greetings, We appreciate the calls for unity against the menace of the Islamic state. We will fully support efforts to modernize you military as well as to send in military assets to help combat the threat. We will need to increase the number of aircraft and logistical supplies to Incirlik Airforce Base as the Department of Defense has drafted a plan to increase the amount of combat sorties of ISIL positions from 11 to 80 per day. This would require a steady flow of fuel and munitions.

We'd be willing to invest in domestic defense endeavors as well as providing equipment to your military. However we feel that given the issues with the F-35 we will continue to stall that delivery until the issues have been solved. We also only see the B-2 Spirit is to valuable an asset to simply sell at this point. However we would be able to lease you 5 B-1B Lancer bombers to suplanent that request. Other than that the state department sees no issue with your to
her demands.

We would also like to ask if we could station the US III Corps in your country in order to serve as a force to help combat ISIL forces as well as the 1st Ranger Battalionto act as observers and front line combat troops to help your nations front line.

We also wish to remain quite on the issue of the new Islamic coalition and the idea of endorsing any new Islamic establishment even if it is to counter ISIL. We feel our commending of it will only lead to it faults ring and we believe that if we say nothing the new establishment will have more legitimacy.

Hopefully this new era of cooperation leads to a safe and secure Middle East.

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: The Honourable Zalmay Khalilzad, Secretary of State, the United States of America

Mr. Khalilzad,

Turkey will relax restrictions on flow of munitions and logistics, as well as contribute to the logistics necessary for the proposed increase in daily sorties.

We understand the reservations that the United States may have concerning the presence of B-2 however it may be possible that ISIS has obtained advanced air defence systems. We hope the window for negotiation concerning the possible purchase of the B-2 Spirit remains open.

We agree to your proposal on the lease of 5 B-1B Lancers, and ask that the number be increased to 10 B-1Bs. Turkey plans on conducting major operations in Syria, Iraq and ultimately Saudi Arabia, and as such the Turkish Armed Forces will require greater numbers to conduct regular sorties over ISIS hotspots.

Unfortunately we cannot allow US forces to deploy in Turkey with the express purpose of fighting ISIS. Radicals will use this opportunity to gain more recruits and this will give the Islamic State greater credibility in the eyes of to-be radicalised muslims. However, you may deploy with the purpose of protecting your bases seeing as the Turkish Army will be rather pre-occupied with driving ISIS out of the Levant, so stragglers may become an issue in the short-term.

We welcome your initiative to invest in our national defence industry, we have a wide range of projects from modern small arms projects to the Altay Main Battle Tank and the fifth generation air superiority TAI TFX fighter. Our defence industry specialists will be in contact with yours to coordinate the same.

Hoping you are well,

Atilla Phokas

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: Chancellor Björn Eisenseite, Federal Republic of Germany

Herr Bundeskanzler,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I must respectfully decline your proposal regarding the deployment of German ground forces and would instead consent to the deployment of the German Airforce via existing airbases in Turkey. Germany may be able to assist ongoing efforts against ISIS by supplying us with military equipment and increased logistical support.

Hoping you are well,

Atilla Phokas

DIPLOMATIC LETTER

To: Walter G. Hanlon, Prime Minister of the Federal Dominion of Canada

Prime Minister,

Unfortunately involving foreign ground forces in the ground campaign would be detrimental to the overall objective of deradicalising the Middle East. However, the Canadian airforce is welcome to operate out of Turkish and NATO airbases in Turkey for the purpose of bombing of ISIS.

We would accept any military aid Canada has to provide for our country's military, to be used against the radical forces of the region and as a substitute for direct Canadian military intervention.

Hoping you are well,

Atilla Phokas

After finally taking a break from responding to these letters, one of Atilla's aides barges into his office.

"Sir, you need to see this. Reports have come in from the front. High command is waiting for you in the conference room."

Atilla rushed to the conference room, where a couple of military officers appeared on screen. He recognised the men to be the commanders of the 2nd and 3rd Armies, General Ismail Temel and Lieutenant General Ozturk.

"Greetings, Mr. President. We will cut to the chase. Elements from the Second and Third Armies are now attacking ISIS forces stationed across the southern front, namely in the provinces of Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin, Sirnak, and Hakkari. Reconnaissance teams and UAV observations have indicated that ISIS presence in these provinces numbers at around 30,000 fighters along with Cold War era equipment, T-72 tanks and aging anti-air systems. However there have been confirmed sightings of several armoured platoons comprising of M1 Abrams tanks and as of yet unidentified American equipment which has fallen into their hands. ISIS forces have not entrenched themselves in most of our provinces with the exception of Sanliurfa, where they have established a form of defensive hub with some localised anti-air cover and artillery support. They have concentrated their forces there and have set up a number of safe havens for their militants.

Our EW aircraft have been targeting and destroying ISIS AA missile systems positioned in Mardin, Sirnak and Sanliurfa, paving the way for an extensive bombing campaign. The airforce has flown around 60 sorties a day since you have given the order and primarily targeted ISIS encampments, weapon depots and supply lines. ISIS losses are estimated at around 500 men due to the bombing campaign so far, that is discounting the ground campaign. The Kurds have been a particularly helpful factor in severely hindering ISIS supply lines and disrupting their communications.

The ground campaign has primarily targeted ISIS in the aforementioned provinces and have halted or reversed ISIS advances into provincial capitals.

Gaziantep: Over the past 2 weeks, 2nd Army 6th Corps have broken through enemy lines as far as the Syrian border, spearheaded by the 5th Armored Brigade. 39th Mechanised Infantry Brigade along with 106th artillery regiment are now clearing ISIS stragglers behind our lines. Resistance comprised of irregular infantry forces and light armoured and mechanised elements, and as such their forces were incapable of keeping their supply lines or communication lines open. The army faced some difficulty with ISIS anti-tank teams hindering progress in urban areas, but the Mechanised Infantry Brigade pacified said anti-tank elements and proceeded to re-establish Turkish local dominance. ISIS remains in control of Gaziantep areas bordering the Sanliurfa stronghold, however their military reach has been significantly weakened. The deployment of heavy armoured battalions, comprising of modernised Leopard 2s and M60s, have stripped ISIS of their power to launch attacks into Gaziantep for the time being. Rapid attacks and the outmanoeuvring of ISIS forces in Gaziantep has granted us the strategic leverage needed to bring Gaziantep into our control. Constant artillery barrages and air strikes have minimised ISIS' ability to mass forces on the Syrian border, although the threat of attack still exists, the most pressing issue at the moment is ISIS armoured presence in Sanliurfa.

Sanliurfa: A tough nut to crack. The local Kurdish resistance has been pivotal in hindering the effective deployment of ISIS reinforcements. 2nd Army 8th Corps has made some gains in Sanliurfa, mainly to the western parts, and have linked up with Kurdish resistance forces in the provincial capital. 8th Corps is comprised mainly of armoured brigades and some artillery elements, so they have been able to hold off what up to now has been waves of degraded T72 and T55s desperately trying to slow our advance. There have been confirmed confrontations with M1 Abrams platoons, however it seems they have withdrawn their armoured presence from western Sanliurfa entirely. 172nd Armoured Brigade has succeeded in breaking through enemy defences in northern Sanliurfa and have set up a staging area for further operations. 2nd Army now awaits reinforcements from 3rd Army to resume offensive operations against enemy infantry concentrations, estimated to arrive within the week. Until then, artillery and airforce elements will continue bombing and bombarding enemy positions to prevent them from regrouping. The presence of ISIS sympathisers among the Arab populace in Sanliurfa makes our infantry's job harder.

Mardin, Sirnak, Hakkari: Major offensive against ISIS has been launched by the 2nd Army, 7th Corps. Some five motorised and mechanised infantry brigades have launched offensives into Mardin, Sirnak and Hakkari, with supporting artillery regiment and air support. 2nd Special Forces Regiment has launched covert operations to target ISIS commanders and deliver weapon shipments to local Kurdish militias. 7th Corps have made steady progress, with the support of the local population, and have managed to push ISIS out of half of the area of said provinces, and in the case of Hakkari they have been pushed back almost to the Iraqi national borders with the aid of the Hakkari Mountain and Commando Brigade.

1st and 3rd Commando Brigades have been tasked with extensive counter-insurgency operations all over the southern front, to eliminate ISIS stragglers and support offensives into urban areas.

The only remaining threat is in the province of Sanliurfa. ISIS forces on the other side of the border with Iraq and Syria are a grave threat to the safety of the province of Hatay and as such, we have diverted the 3rd Army, 9th Corps, 1st Mechanised Infantry Brigade to the province to train local militia and organise the defence of the province and after this 2 week training period is over, they will be directed towards offensive operations at Aleppo along with much of the 9th Corps. 2nd Commando Brigade has been ordered to launch an offensive into ISIS-controlled Syrian territory to set the stage for future large-scale operations. The Commando Brigade will mainly target the Idlib province and coordinate with Syrian military units operating in the area, the counterinsurgency experiences of both nations will enable us to actively and effectively counter ISIS defensive initiatives in the rural province. The ultimate aim is recapture Aleppo, and advance onwards to Raqqa from the Turkish border. Given that northern Syria is primarily a desert, armoured offensives will be detrimental in overrunning ISIS defensive lines and cutting off their supplies, leaving the rest of the work to our airforce and our infantry.

Overall, we stand a good chance to win the against ISIS in Turkey, Mr. President. We cannot make any estimates about what will happen in Syria however if our forces are freed up in Turkey, we will be able to coordinate a mass-assault across the Iraqi and Syrian borders into ISIS-held territories, hopefully with the aid of our Western partners from the air."

Atilla absorbed this information with utmost interest. Temporary ISIS gains were somewhat reversed by the Turkish military, and now they were even talking about organising an actual push into Syria through Hatay. It might be far-fetched that the war against ISIS is decided, but what is certain is that swift action had been decisive in stopping ISIS from further expanding into Turkey. Had he waited for ISIS to seize areas with Sunni majorities, he might have been looking at a pro-ISIS insurrection. He retired to his chambers for the day, relieved by the news that the military had brought.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Chronicle III: The Barrel
Somewhere in the Sierras of Guerrero, United Mexican States

26th day of January

Flying over the night sky of the misty Sierras of the Mexican Republic, all was quiet in this land. For a few minutes, through the sounds of the animals and the dew of the dawn, one could almost forget this was a country at war.

Almost.

The red dot on the Elbit Hermes 450 UAV's camera did not present a visible target, even on the darkest of nights. Setting its sight towards the floor, a large patch of green fake foliage, different from the rest around it, presented itself. Switching to thermal, dozens of figures materialized throughout the meth lab, seemingly caring for the pot. The camera relayed the information over to the nearby army unit assigned to the UAV. Traveling in Hueys, the Mexican soldiers soon surrounded the lab from all sides, trapping half and hunting the other half that initially escaped by air. Soon enough, the men were put under arrest and sent for interrogation on the location of other plantations. Once dangerous chemicals were removed, the Hermes dropped dropped a JDAM, completely disintegrating all traces. Thousands of dollars in potential profit for the cartel's were gone. The chemicals would be transferred to a remote waste vault in the Sonoran Desert.

12 miles east, near the village of Jaleaca de Catalán, farmers were offered the chance to turn in their drug plantations in exchange for government aide to substitute their poppies or marijuana for citrus fruit, peanuts, yuca, rice and avocado. No criminal charges would be raised against them if they complied before a deadline. Residents would also be able to anonymously top off the authorities on the identities and schedules of the local cartel. Sure enough, within the week, the locations of hideouts in the remote mountains were uncovered the soldiers sent in to raid them. One would result in a dead servicemen but over 40 arrested or dead criminals, including 6 local municipal police. A soldier turned out to be giving them information and he was courtmartialed, sentenced to death.

Throughout the country, anti-illegal pot operations were revamped as the first batches of domestically developed UAVs began to arrive, dealing a blow to cartel income while increased U.S. Border presence made more drug busts. The armed forces begin selling many obsolete pieces of equipment, like the Pilatus PC-7/9, to numerous Latin American countries, primarily Cuba and Haiti. With the money, a large scale standardization process began. President Obrador dismissed the current head of the welfare program Oportunidades and assigning the position to current Secretary of Economic Development, Alejandro Encinas, to informally merge the two. Secretly, El Chapo Guzman and all the other captured most wanted were transferred to Guantanamo Bay, asking permission from the U.S. government. There, they would be open to "interrogation" by the CIA to acquire information on remaining cartel leaders and operations and overseas contacts for Mexico and politicians/law enforcement working with the cartels and then be extradited to the U.S.. In return, Mexico asked the U.S. for the Dirtbox technology to be installed on Mexico's fleet of Cessnas. Mexico's overcrowded and criminal-haven prisons would be cleaned out by surprise probes by the Mexican Marines. Currently, the prison system is around 1,500 inmates overcrowded, many of whom are imprisoned while awaiting trial on cases of no more than 50 pesos. They will be immediately released with priority on the welfare list for 6 months until they found a job. The Attorney General is also assembling a list of inmates deemed "extreme threats to national security" for their ties to organized crime and will be set on the execution list once legislation passes through....

In Ciudad Juarez, former Veracruz governor Javier Duarte is captured by Federal law enforcement forces after his mentor and friend, Fidal Herrer was arrested shortly after speaking with a U.S. Bank. He is suspected of having siphoned off at least 645 million Mexican pesos ($35m; £29m) of public money that was put into a series of shell companies and during his tenure, Veracruz was named as the deadliest place for journalists in Mexico to work,. Along with the ex governor, thousands of dollars in military grade weaponry and $300,000 cash were captured. Golden assault rifles and handguns, whose gold was melted down and added to the gold reserve, while the cash would be spent on building a new Rec center. Ledezma will be sent to Guantanamo for interrogation on the location of possible successors. Ciudad Juarez would see a boost in police presence for the next few weeks in anticipation of the power vacuum, with a federal grant of $100,000,000 to start the Chihuahua Fuerza Civil. Around the country, the 50,000 actively deployed military units would begin immediate recall from street deployment around the country, which had proven to be a bloody and expensive affair. A deadline has been set to December 31, 2018 for the complete recall. With municipal police departments disbanded and replaced by each state's new Fuerza Civil, stricter requirements, performance reviews, secret/surprise corruption investigations by the Office of the Attorney General using Eyedetect and wage increases would be implemented starting next month. Finally, slum housing sections would begin a slow dismantling process with the Todos Somos Mexico Project. The main goal of the project is slum elimination in border cities. This was to be done by moving the families from their informal settlement into single-family homes in a newly developed area. Another goal of the project was community engagement and education. This program planes to incorporate educational programs that would teach residents how to improve their health, education, and economic status. Another goal is improving the resident's access to services. In this model the program would give the families access to utilities such as garbage collection, connection to water, electricity, and sewage to the yet evicted citizens, basically slum upgrading. The budget of the project for 2017 was $80,000,000, a great sum in Mexico.

Undeployed soldiers would have their wages lowered while 20,000 military personnel would have their wages increased. The Mexican military's land branch was to have two main objectives from now on, detect and prevent illegal migrants and contraband from Central America into Mexico(locking down the small border with about the same personnel strength as the U.S. Border patrol) and protect Pemex pipelines, that have recently seen illegal tapping into by civilians and cartels alike(costing the company about $1 billion USD a year), by using riot control force should the need arise alongside the new and unused National Gendarmerie created by Pena Nieto in 2014. The biggest obstacle to President Obrador's new mission for the military was the fact that thick jungle hugs the Mexican-Central American border, jungle that belongs to an endangered bio reserve. Controversially, multiple Mexican logging companies have been granted the right to log 1 km of the jungle starting from the border and heading inland, along the entire border. The cleared space would allow easier patrol from air and ground, while a vast system of motion sensors would lace the stumps. In order to quell the nature activists protesting against this, President Obrador presented a law to Congress to make logging companies have to plant 2 trees for every tree cut down in every other part of the country like the Lacandon Jungle, especially the endangered southern Mexican jungle that is rapidly diminishing, with the Mexican military there to enforce it. The Guatemalan government was asked to allow Mexican UAV's to patrol the underpopulated and trafficking haven El Peten province on the Mexican-Guatemalan government. No matter how Guatemala responds, the UAV's would secretly begin operations in one month.

-Attorney General's office, with a higher budget, wider powers begins an investigation into Pemex corruption allegations, that range from political contributions to the Institutional Revolutionary Party (over $200 million), "no show" jobs, various forms of fraud, embezzlement, and even under the table fuel sales. It has been estimated these various forms of corruption contribute to the loss of over $1 billion a year

-The National Teachers Union in Mexico has been the topic of much discussion, with the new president giving a deadline of three months to disband voluntarily or by force. Controversially, the SNTE has indirectly supported the cartels in the Mexican Drug War against the federal government. As the World Economic Forum pointed out, Mexico invested a relatively high 5.3% of its GDP in education, yet most of the population went uneducated because the SNTE has consistently blocked badly needed reforms and forced much of the resources to be allocated to teachers pay instead of the students, making teachers the highest paid job in the country. This resulted in the appearance of the ninis (ni trabajan ni estudian, "neither work nor study"), an underclass of several million dropouts, of whom many ended up as combatants on the side of the cartels in the Mexican Drug War. Protests and mass riots began in Mexico City by teachers, which were forced into dispersal by riot police and those arrested fired. After the president addressed the nation on the negative effects of the Union, protesters fought protesters, leaving 14 dead, 20 injured and over 200 arrested, including most of the union's leaders. The bills would be able to pass Congress by the end of February and the relocation of funds from teachers wages to student's, increasing infrastructure to decrease drop out rates, making elementary to high school mandatory, building of sufficient schools in impoverished areas while modernizing existing ones, and carrying out teacher performance reviews of teachers to determine which should keep their jobs.

-Operation Pilot begins in Baja California, establishing tightly regulated border checkpoints between Baja California and Sonora and increasing efforts to find the leader of the weak Tijuana Cartel that is fighting the Jalisco New Generation Cartel. The city of Tijuana became target of a secret investigation of corruption amongst the police ranks and municipal government by the PGR using Converus Eyedetect to crack down on corrupt officers in the force. It's part of a larger nation wide anti-corruption campaign aimed at the law enforcement, due to the recall of soldiers.

-The drug violence and political corruption that has plagued Tamaulipas, the home state of the Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas, has fueled fears of it becoming a "failed state" and a haven for drug traffickers and criminals. Reports indicate that Tamaulipas police forces are the worst paid in Mexico despite being one of the states hardest hit by violence. As a result, most of the police forces in Tamaulipas are believed to be susceptible to corruption due to their low wages, and accept bribes from organized crime organizations. The numerous, bureaucratic and ineffective municipal police systems will be replaced by Fuerza Civil and Federal Police officers, who will be subject to the Eyedetect test and stricter training requirements for acceptance before being assigned. The government also began to cooperate with the hacker group Anonymous to expose information of people who work with Los Zetas, in an off-the-books operation dubbed "Silvato".

-An anti corruption law, nicknamed the Three-for-Three Law, which seeks to force all public servants to make three documents public: a detailed description of their assets and net worth, a list of their private interests and their tax returns was passed. The bill also contains other measures to improve accountability in government.

-in Mexico City, hundreds of congressmen are charged with corruption and links to cartels. Many are expected to see trial throughout the year, however, a con air DC-9 transport carrying 108 of them crashed into the Sierra Madre mountains with no survivors. The cartel's were immediately blamed, but suspicion has arisen of foul play by protesters and the media. Emergency elections are to be held, but for the time being, the political party of the President has become the dominant party. An emergency session has voted on a controversial bill of making corruption linked to a drug organization punishable by death, as well as a bill on scaling down Mexico's legislative branch, with the Senate staying at 100 but the Chamber of Deputies being lowered from 500 seats to 300. The bills were passed.The government has requested that the UN monitor the elections., while also sending a human rights commission to investigate as it pleases under the oversight of the Mexican federal government, while allowing the current one to be strengthened.

-Also in Mexico City, No-Drive-Days is the name of an environmental program intended to improve the air quality of Mexico City. No Drive Days is coupled with an exhasut monitoring program, known as verificación in Spanish, whereby a car's pollutant emissions are analyzed every six months. A sticker is affixed to each vehicle following an emissions test, indicating whether a vehicle is exempt from the program or not. The new expansion will be based by car-owning households instead of just the vehicles. All cars in Mexico City and the surrounding state of Mexico older than 15 years are subject to heavy taxation while cars with more than 10 subject to moderate taxation, in an effort to reduce aging polluting vehicles that make up more than three-fourths of the cars in the capital and nearby cities. The initial revenue gained from the taxation and the profit gained from the sale of Mexico's ancient WW2-Era Edsall-class destroyer to Haiti will be used to buy 100 units of BYD electric buses. A Chinese designed straddle bus that travels overhead traffic has been ordered and is set to begin testing in late May on Pereferico Sur, one of the the most congested roads.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Tokyo, Japan
December 31st, 2016

Nakamura had just been sworn in an hour ago and already he was sitting in the Prime Minister's office. First order of business was to secure allies trust in Japan. Nakamura placed a call to the President elect of the United States. While it rang he sent an email to the Chinese leader.

To: Chinese leader

I would like to formally invite you to meet with me in Tokyo on the 20th of January of next year. We will discuss several matters that have been plaguing our relations.

sincerely,

PM Riku Nakamura
Last edited by Chewion on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse