NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: A High School Roleplay [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Maligard, I'm glad you posted an application for this roleplay, and I am glad you are interested in joining, but I would be greatly appreciative if you could expand things a bit more.

For personality, perhaps tell us as to the extent of his physical gifts and abilities? If you are struggling with ideas on how to expand his described personality, I suggest starting with a single descriptive word, write it down, and then create a sentence that describes what you have in mind. Repeat this cycle for three or four traits, and you'd likely have a well-rounded, well-written personality for your character.

For biography, some more information would be appreciated as well. Why did they move to Daytona Beach? What happened to their family once they moved? Did he ever have any siblings? When, and why, did he start working at the local comic book store? When and why did he join the track team? Is he a part of the track team at Coastal Daytona Academy? Is his family well-off, financially, or are they struggling? Stuff like that.

Thanks!
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:01 pm

The V O I D wrote:I fucked up my post and decided not to post it...

...Imperial Esplanade, would you mind possibly posting something for me to react to? For Reid's response? It seems like I always work easier with something to work off of, sometimes...

Yeah, sure! I'll see what I can do. Want a trouble-maker sort of scenario?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:33 am

Yo, so Ive been having some writers block trying to come up with my first post, anyone got any ideas as to what I should do?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:57 am

Name: Karena Svendsen
Sex: Female
Grade: 11th
Role: Boarding Student
Birthday: 16 years old. March 23rd, 2001
Hometown: Copenhagen, Denmark.
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'7", 136 pounds, A little on the small side.
Personality: Comes off as fairly normal on the surface, but she fits pretty closely with the saying that there is "More than meets the eye" to someone. You might make your preconceived opinions of someone based off of a brief interaction, but that wouldn't be enough to truly figure her out. Seems generally friendly and nice on the surface, based off of her upbeat and cheery personality. That's not to say that she isn't, but below the surface, there is more to her than that. Would likely do some more questionable things than you would imagine from someone like her. Hence her being full of surprises, really. Because she comes off as normal, but really isn't. Seems to be a bit adventurous, considering the fact that she came all the way from Denmark for a new experience, so seems interested in just aimlessly wandering. Will become sexually experimental, more so than you might imagine if you for some reason thought about that, with your assumptions based off of her normalcy. With the way she acts behind the scenes, you would think she might be a slacker who is a failure at school as well, but she's actually a fairly good student. Can be surprisingly lewd at times. Rebellious in certain circumstances.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual. Probably a 1.5 on the Kinsey Scale.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personal Skills: Bilingual. Can speak fluent English (with a Danish accent), and speaks Danish, the latter being her native language. She is obviously better at Danish and is more understandable in her own language if you know it, but she is also fairly good in English and is usually fairly understandable despite her accent. Seems to be a decently skilled student in general, getting on average B to A's, without being exceptionally positive in anything specific, like beyond A's where merely getting A's is something easily achievable.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Seems to have an addictive personality, which goes over to various things in her life. Gets caught up in the pleasure of things in life a bit too much sometimes. Is a masochist at times, which you could say makes her put herself in a vulnerable situation.
Biography: Karena was born and raised in Copenhagen, Denmark, originally only speaking Danish until her parents, and herself, decided to learn English to understand people in a large chunk of the world, since it was one of the most prominently spoken second langauges, and 3rd most spoken in general. It didn't take her long to learn it, in fact. She may have even learned some as a child, but mostly she spoke in her native language as a child. But she still learned English very young, just most of the time didn't have a reason to speak it, as she was in Denmark, so it only made sense to mostly speak her native language.

This was of course until she decided to go and be a foreign exchange student in America, specifically Florida. This is where her English speaking would be much more prominent, and likely her accent would fade more as time went on. Though her accent wasn't so heavy she wasn't very understandable. She could be understood fairly well. But her accent was definitely there. Her main reasoning for it seemed to be for the adventure of traveling to a foreign country, and experiencing a different culture and all that from her own. Her parents accepted, even though it was also sad for her to go so far away. They also didn't entirely expect much out of the American school system, but this school had been at least highly praised. Her parents still had her younger brother to take care of back home, though, who was 10. Which the brother seemed to be a later decision to have a 2nd child instead of just having her. Now, she had gone on a foreign adventure. So now it was just the 3 of them, while their daughter tried to make something of her life in America.
RP Sample: Foreign exchange student comes to America and life changes for her quite a bit in various interesting ways.
Other: She sounds like this, though less heavy of an accent because most of the time she's pretty understandable, as mentioned above. Is a sadomasochist, meaning a sadist and a masochist.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:45 am

I will be probably be sitting on the fence for this version. I may enter at a later time but as of right now I got some work to do on some other RPs.

Good luck! I will be watching this one with interest though.

Maligard
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 15, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maligard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:10 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Maligard, I'm glad you posted an application for this roleplay, and I am glad you are interested in joining, but I would be greatly appreciative if you could expand things a bit more.

For personality, perhaps tell us as to the extent of his physical gifts and abilities? If you are struggling with ideas on how to expand his described personality, I suggest starting with a single descriptive word, write it down, and then create a sentence that describes what you have in mind. Repeat this cycle for three or four traits, and you'd likely have a well-rounded, well-written personality for your character.

For biography, some more information would be appreciated as well. Why did they move to Daytona Beach? What happened to their family once they moved? Did he ever have any siblings? When, and why, did he start working at the local comic book store? When and why did he join the track team? Is he a part of the track team at Coastal Daytona Academy? Is his family well-off, financially, or are they struggling? Stuff like that.

Thanks!

Ok, I will do that

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:12 am

Maligard wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Maligard, I'm glad you posted an application for this roleplay, and I am glad you are interested in joining, but I would be greatly appreciative if you could expand things a bit more.

Thanks!

Ok, I will do that

Thanks, buddy. Send me a telegram if you are looking for ideas. I've got plenty of resources for you to utilize that have proven helpful!

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Maligard
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maligard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:14 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Maligard wrote:
Ok, I will do that

Thanks, buddy. Send me a telegram if you are looking for ideas. I've got plenty of resources for you to utilize that have proven helpful!

Alright! I will telegram you if I need any help! :)

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 am

United Human Planets wrote:Yo, so Ive been having some writers block trying to come up with my first post, anyone got any ideas as to what I should do?

Maybe start with a bit of slice-of-life/background storytelling of life back in New Orleans -- something to help establish, ICly, what her frame of mind is like as she begins the school year, then waking up and getting ready ahead of the trip to CDA, and finally transitioning to a physical arrival at the school campus to set the stage to interact with other characters.

Those three ought to be easy to do, and sufficient, but let me know if you're still struggling.

From that point, one of us can easily have some interaction with Jane. :)
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Maligard
Lobbyist

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maligard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 am

Here is an improved version of the bio I had submitted earlier

Name: Logan Grimm

Sex: Male

Grade:10th

Role: Student, works at a local comic book store

Birthday: 09/17/2001

Hometown: Lexington, Kentucky

Appearance:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1185747/mediaviewer/rm3681992704

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'0, 160 lbs, slim

Personality: He is a jokester, most of the jokes that he makes can sometimes head into R to X-rated territory, which gets him in trouble a lot. He is very loyal, and he’d do anything to protect his friends and family. On some days though, he can be very quiet, and if somebody asks him why, he will respond that he is in deep thought, but some people believe that's not true. He is also very caring, and because of this, tends to ask people if they are having a bad day, and if so, he will try to cheer them up. He is also very outgoing, keeping a positive attitude almost everyday.

Sexual Orientation:0

Moral Alignment: Neutral Good

Skills: Logan is a fast runner, which is why he was on the track team back in his old school in Kentucky. He is also skilled in cooking. He is skilled with a guitar, whether it be an electric or acoustic. He also loves working on cars, which is why he had automotive technology at his old school. He is very skilled in welding.

Biography: Logan Grimm was born on September 17th, 2001, and is the only child in his family. His mother works as an estate agent, and his father is an FBI agent. He attended school there, and because he loves hiking, he joined the track team. Sometime at his old school, he got in trouble for something he didn’t do. After the school wouldn’t do anything about it, his family decided it was time to leave and moved to Daytona in December 2017 to find a better school. He began working at the comic book store after Christmas Break to pay for his car. His family eventually decided for him to attend Daytona Coastal Academy, and he wishes to join the Track Team there. His family is rich, but not too rich, and own a house near the academy.

RP Sample: I try to be cool and stuff.

Other: Drives to school in a 2016 Chevrolet Malibu, rock and roll fan, a bit emo, and he also tends to hang around with a lot of girls, but if he has a boy bestfriend or two, he’ll hang out with them.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:17 am

First of two posts I hope to get up today.

I also hope to get app reviews done today, but will be conferring with Co-OPs about them, per usual.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

True Christopia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby True Christopia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 am

Name: Maxine ‘Max’ Monroe
Sex: Female
Grade:10th grade
Role: Student
Birthday: 23/04/2002
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Appearance: Max has roughly cut, pale ginger hair and a round face. She's never seen wearing anything that doesn't cover her arms and legs, either.

Height, Weight, and Body Type: Max is a relatively short, thin girl - perhaps too thin, by some regards. She seems as fragile as a twig.
Personality: Max is an empathetic, yet recluse girl who doesn’t trust easily. Should you become friends with her, you’d find a loyal friend with a much more open and optimistic personality, but when push comes to shove this forward, feisty outlook can quickly dwindle.
Sexual Orientation: She doesn’t know how she feels herself, but in reality she is a 2 on the Kinsey scale.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Good
Skills:Max has a peculiar set of skills relating to petty thievery - with several years stealing from small shops, she’s developed a particularly quick sleight of hand, however useful it might be. Furthermore, she has a proficiency with picking locks - and if she is caught, which has happened, she is rather agile - being able to dodge hits and run rather fast.
Biography: Max was born to a small, poor family in Los Angeles. For the first few years, while she lived in a relatively poor household - it was a loving one. Only, when she was five years old - her father suddenly passed away.

After this, her mother fell into depression and often wound up neglecting Max, forgetting she was there. Max grew up with a distance mother and no father, finding herself to be awkward and unable to fit in at school because of it. Once she turned eleven, however, a new man came into her life. Her step-father, Rodney Powell, swept her mother off her feet and made her feel loved again. Max was still on the sidelines.

But things started to turn sour in the relationship, with Max being caught for the stealing - what it was, she couldn’t remember - and Rodney’s bad side first came to light. His swung fist should have ended her mother and his relationship there, but instead, they got married. And Rodney Powell became Max’s step-father, tormenting her through the next four years of her life.

When Max was 14, Rodney decided the family needed a new start. And with that, they moved to Daytonia, and she was enrolled in the Coastal Daytonia Academy, and had been there for only a year, struggling to fit in the new school. Whether she would in the new year, would have to be seen.

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=33438601#p33438601 - The Hogwarts RP
Other: N/A
Pro: Democracy, The United Kingdom, The Conservative Party (UK), LGBT+ rights, Capitalism, The Grand Tour, Freedom of Speech, Gun control, Cuba, The British Monarchy, Obama, National Healthcare, Trident Nuclear Program, PC Master race, Mental Healthcare, TEA!
Anti: Donald Drumpf, Homophobes, the U.S. Electoral system, Paid Healthcare, IRA, ISIS, Jeremy Corbyn, Communism, Fascism/Nazism, Guns, Racism, Top Gear, Coffee, Poverty, KKK, SJW's

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

I'd rather die on my feet,
than live on my knees.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:21 am

United Human Planets wrote:Yo, so Ive been having some writers block trying to come up with my first post, anyone got any ideas as to what I should do?

Maybe start with a bit of slice-of-life/background storytelling of life back in New Orleans -- something to help establish, ICly, what her frame of mind is like as she begins the school year, then waking up and getting ready ahead of the trip to CDA, and finally transitioning to a physical arrival at the school campus to set the stage to interact with other characters.

Those three ought to be easy to do, and sufficient, but let me know if you're still struggling.

Alright, I think this idea will work.

Ill give it a whirl.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:43 pm

United Human Planets wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Maybe start with a bit of slice-of-life/background storytelling of life back in New Orleans -- something to help establish, ICly, what her frame of mind is like as she begins the school year, then waking up and getting ready ahead of the trip to CDA, and finally transitioning to a physical arrival at the school campus to set the stage to interact with other characters.

Alright, I think this idea will work.

Ill give it a whirl.

Sweet!

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:46 pm

The V O I D wrote:I fucked up my post and decided not to post it...

...Imperial Esplanade, would you mind possibly posting something for me to react to? For Reid's response? It seems like I always work easier with something to work off of, sometimes...

Yeah, sure! I'll see what I can do. Want a trouble-maker sort of scenario?

That sounds workable, yeah.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:15 pm

Name: Rick Palermo
Grade: 12th
Birthday: 08/23/1999
Hometown: Daytona Beach, Florida
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'11, 165 lbs, athletic
Personality: Rick has always been an overly-confident guy, or called "cocky" by those who do not appreciate his zealous boldness. Rick is also quite a rebellious, mischievous, and funny guy who is a rather renown prankster on campus, and quite a hardcore Trumpster-Conservative, going insofar to act, and speak, outright disparagingly toward those who hold either apathetic or (especially) liberal political perspectives.
Likes: Football, Conservative/Libertarian politics, America, religion (Baptist), comedians not named Jim Gaffigan.
Dislikes: Liberals, women's sports, overly-serious people, the country of Luxembourg.
Sexual Orientation: "1" on Kinsey Scale
Skills: Football and causing generic mischief
Biography: WIP
Other: Loves America, dislikes those who don't fit into his paradigm as "American" (slightly xenophobic), has a completely irrational hatred of the country of Luxembourg (don't get him riled up on it - or do, it'll be comical)
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Who Mrs. Reid is going to deal with soon ^^

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Name: Jordan Evensen
Birthday: November 2, 2000
Hometown: London, West End, UK
Appearance: Picture is preferable, written description is acceptable
Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'11", 150 lbs, Medium
Personality: Funny, Strong, Passive Aggressive, Above Average Intelligence though not a Genius.
Sexual Orientation: 0
Skills: Boxing, Running, Swimming, Math, English, can speak French semi fluently, Gaming, Computer Stuff
Biography: Born on a foggy day in West London, Jordan was named after his great grandfather. His parents were middle class citizens of the UK, his mother a nurse, and his father was a math teacher. Jordan grew up on the streets of West London where he constantly got in fights with other boys which would develop into a love for fighting sports. As a kid he attended public school where he excelled in Math do to his fathers strict rhitoric concerning math. He had fun in english which he excelled at from his own skill, he got into Grime and Rap at a young age which was one of his inspirations for doing well in english. When he was 8 he started Swimming and when he was 11 he joined his school's track team. At a track meet he broke his leg after failing a hurtle. During his recovery he got into gaming and learned how to build a computer, after saving up for a year and a half he bought a computer and a couple of games and got to work. When he was 13 his parents let him join a gym and do boxing. He was good and it is something that he continues on to this year. In school he also took French which he worked hard at. By Year 8 (7th Grade) his dad had gotten a job as a college professor at Kings College London as a Math Professor. This brought a load of money to the family who sent Jordan to a private school in Year 10 and Year 11. For his last two years of high school they decided to find a Boarding School so he could learn to live on himself and thus he was sent here.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=33252942#p33252942
Other: Literally, anything else you would like to share about your character
Last edited by Duestchstien on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Name: Grant Allen
Birthday: 01/12/2000
Hometown: Orlando, Fl
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 6'6, 250 lbs, Athletic
Personality: Grant is a competitive person, but is known to cut loose and party. He is very much the the embodiment of Work Hard and Play Harder when it comes to sports. He is known to be Carefree and go with the flow off the field. He is also known to lose his temper in the middle of games if hit cheaply or if there is a bad call against his team.
Sexual Orientation: 1
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good
Skills: Guitar Player, Extremely Athletic, Work
Biography: Grant was born in Orlando, Fl to a the Disney World Ride Maintenance Manager and his wife. Grant was a troubling making kid, always getting in trouble even where getting in Trouble was not possible. Dirk attended School and played football at a Private School in Orlando till his 8th Grade year, when he was forced to transfer schools due to a fight with a fellow student during the Middle of a Football Game. His parents decided to have him go to CDA, only a hour from Orlando, so the Family packed up and moved to Daytona Beach. Grant Joined the Football Team as a Tight End, His Old Position from his old school. Grant quickly made His Name as both a great blocker and receiving Option during his Freshman year. Then His Sophomore year went even better when Eric Stevens Transferred to CDA and earned the starting QB Slot. The Dou formed a Quick and Solid Bond, but due to the Run First Scheme the Bond wasn't exploited very well. Grant put in the extra work and Bulked up over the summer, and is a even more dangerous in both Blocking and Receiving.
RP Sample:No
Other: Grant has been known to party, and to party hard at that. He will often get frustrated with the heavy run play calling. He also drives Nissan Titan XD 4x4 with a Cummins Turbo Charged V8 Diesel.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

The Grand Rift
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Rift » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Tag, Never done an academy rp, but might as well start now its on my town lmao.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 pm

The Grand Rift wrote:Tag, Never done an academy rp, but might as well start now its on my town lmao.

Sweet! You can give us some awesome insight! :lol:

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Tagging for my pal Grand Rift.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

New Flattnerk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Flattnerk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Tagging for my pal Grand Rift.

Welcome!
Last edited by New Flattnerk on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:57 pm

We're getting popular over here.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 pm

I guess this means I better pump out this batch of application reviews then, to get ready for the next wave.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse