NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:AND BEYOND - Comedy, Supers, Space -(OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Dragonarya wrote:Wow. And Thank you. (You guys have had some fun)

And for the plant:

Name: The Plant (Really doesn't have a name)
Codename: The Plant (Sometimes goes by nickname "SuperPlant")
Sex: Male (but has androgynous features, like all plants)
Appearance:
Biography: The Plant has lead a sad life. He's had no one to talk to but the plants in the pot next to him, but sometimes he would watch humans with interest. Eventually this lead to him learning to read. Occasionally he would uproot himself to go read an open book or newspaper.
One day, he was sold to a family with a girl who could actually talk to him. When she said she was leaving to join the villains, he demanded she take him. She agreed, and he's been her evil sidekick ever since,
Powers: Has surprising abilities for a plant. Can move, and has access to the senses excluding taste, since he has no mouth. Can fit in small spaces.
RP sample: Same as before

(Answer this as if you were speaking as your villain) -
(Note, Ivy is saying this, because The Plant can't talk to anyone but her.)
Describe your abilities: He says he's basically what every plant wants to be. He can move, hear, touch, smell, and see. I don't know how, with no eyes and all.
Why did you turn to crime: He's my sidekick. I'm evil, he's evil.
Why did you further become a supervillain: Same thing.
How do you feel about the Infinites: He says he couldn't care less about them, unless they have a cute pansy in their ranks.
What's your end goal: To become the greatest plant of all time...
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: How would he ever capture someone?! No offense, little guy. Anyway, he says he would give them to me so I could handle them.
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: For him, they just happen, since no one can hear him anyway.
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Um... he's making some sort of squeaking noise that I think is laughter...?
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): He says... you know what? I'm not going to translate that.
Any lines you won't cross: He won't kill.
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: He would like an archenemy, although I doubt he'll get one.

Ha ha! The Plant is accepted. Some would say that everyone on the Infinites are nothing but pansies...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Dragonarya wrote:Wow. And Thank you. (You guys have had some fun)

And for the plant:

Name: The Plant (Really doesn't have a name)
Codename: The Plant (Sometimes goes by nickname "SuperPlant")
Sex: Male (but has androgynous features, like all plants)
Appearance:
Biography: The Plant has lead a sad life. He's had no one to talk to but the plants in the pot next to him, but sometimes he would watch humans with interest. Eventually this lead to him learning to read. Occasionally he would uproot himself to go read an open book or newspaper.
One day, he was sold to a family with a girl who could actually talk to him. When she said she was leaving to join the villains, he demanded she take him. She agreed, and he's been her evil sidekick ever since,
Powers: Has surprising abilities for a plant. Can move, and has access to the senses excluding taste, since he has no mouth. Can fit in small spaces.
RP sample: Same as before

(Note, Ivy is saying this, because The Plant can't talk to anyone but her.)
Describe your abilities: He says he's basically what every plant wants to be. He can move, hear, touch, smell, and see. I don't know how, with no eyes and all.
Why did you turn to crime: He's my sidekick. I'm evil, he's evil.
Why did you further become a supervillain: Same thing.
How do you feel about the Infinites: He says he couldn't care less about them, unless they have a cute pansy in their ranks.
What's your end goal: To become the greatest plant of all time...
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: How would he ever capture someone?! No offense, little guy. Anyway, he says he would give them to me so I could handle them.
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: For him, they just happen, since no one can hear him anyway.
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Um... he's making some sort of squeaking noise that I think is laughter...?
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): He says... you know what? I'm not going to translate that.
Any lines you won't cross: He won't kill.
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: He would like an archenemy, although I doubt he'll get one.

Ha ha! The Plant is accepted. Some would say that everyone on the Infinites are nothing but pansies...

If anything, Pill-OW! is starting to go through a Batman phase after he threatened Spasticus with that pillow.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 am

Talchyon wrote:
Zjaum wrote:You know, you can start it. "How is the motherland?" and whatnot.

That's actually a good idea. Because, the way I see it, Calculator and those guys are more set on the mission, and not so much what year Irina thinks it is. And everyone else is just acting like typical Infinites.

I never thought of that. Maybe I would suit with the Infinites? I'll get to it as soon as I have more than five minutes to spare.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Name: Jeremy Hughs
Codename: Auger
Sex: Male

Bio: Jeremy was born in Detroit, but loved the notion of the cowboy ever since he was a kid. He watched every western movie ever made, practicing his gun, whip, and rope skills. He never traveled much, and got an office job at a run of the mill corporation. He saw the crime in the city and decided to do something about it in his own, strange, way. He donned the hat and boots and started dishing out justice the old western way.
Powers:
  • Lasso: As skilled as most rodeo competitors, Auger can use a basic rope to do some rather underwhelming things. He can use the Lassos to interact with objects and to rope people in combat. Kinda like this bar scene but less effective.
  • Whip: Can do things like Indiana Jones on one of his bad days.
  • Six shooter: Good 'Ol fashioned law. Can hit 4/6 shots. Sometimes.
  • Thinks he can talk to cows.
  • American grit: Keeps getting up, even in the face of certain defeat.
RP sample:Are We Heroes

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: Well, I'm good with a rope. I can handle my self in a fight, and deal out a world of hurt with my six-shooter.
Why did you become a superhero: There's crime everywhere, and I just felt that somebody had to do something about it.
What are your goals for the future: I'm going to keep doling out justice as its due; keep putting low-life's behind bars for as long as I can.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Jeremy means well but causes large amounts of collateral damage, and has an unsettling number of civilian casualties. He really doesn't have the arsenal for dealing with superpowered foes and is quite easily overpowered.
How would you describe your talents?: I took inspiration from the greats themselves; I practice the skill of the old west, horse riding, Pistol shooting, Lasso throwing, etc.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?): Less than effective, and really just isn't that useful. He has a better chance of hitting a friend than a foe with his gun, and while he can lasso someone, it doesn't mean he can toss them around if he doesn't have the strength
What are your strengths?: I can survive a rumble with the best of them. And I can restrain guys real well.
What are your weaknesses?: Well, I can't drive that well and thinkn' hasn't been my strong suit.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Elects to speak in a western dialect, and has an illusion of greatness that gets him into a lot of trouble.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I'll try my darndest to make right by ya'll, and by the innocent people, we're trying to protect.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): He accidentally lets his enemies escape, or accidentally shoots a civilian (non-letahly). He causes expensive collateral damage, and always manages to slip away before it comes time to clean up.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:33 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Name: Jeremy Hughs
Codename: Auger
Sex: Male

Bio: Jeremy was born in Detroit, but loved the notion of the cowboy ever since he was a kid. He watched every western movie ever made, practicing his gun, whip, and rope skills. He never traveled much, and got an office job at a run of the mill corporation. He saw the crime in the city and decided to do something about it in his own, strange, way. He donned the hat and boots and started dishing out justice the old western way.
Powers:
  • Lasso: As skilled as most rodeo competitors, Auger can use a basic rope to do some rather underwhelming things. He can use the Lassos to interact with objects and to rope people in combat. Kinda like this bar scene but less effective.
  • Whip: Can do things like Indiana Jones on one of his bad days.
  • Six shooter: Good 'Ol fashioned law. Can hit 4/6 shots. Sometimes.
  • Thinks he can talk to cows.
  • American grit: Keeps getting up, even in the face of certain defeat.
RP sample:Are We Heroes

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: Well, I'm good with a rope. I can handle my self in a fight, and deal out a world of hurt with my six-shooter.
Why did you become a superhero: There's crime everywhere, and I just felt that somebody had to do something about it.
What are your goals for the future: I'm going to keep doling out justice as its due; keep putting low-life's behind bars for as long as I can.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Jeremy means well but causes large amounts of collateral damage, and has an unsettling number of civilian casualties. He really doesn't have the arsenal for dealing with superpowered foes and is quite easily overpowered.
How would you describe your talents?: I took inspiration from the greats themselves; I practice the skill of the old west, horse riding, Pistol shooting, Lasso throwing, etc.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?): Less than effective, and really just isn't that useful. He has a better chance of hitting a friend than a foe with his gun, and while he can lasso someone, it doesn't mean he can toss them around if he doesn't have the strength
What are your strengths?: I can survive a rumble with the best of them. And I can restrain guys real well.
What are your weaknesses?: Well, I can't drive that well and thinkn' hasn't been my strong suit.
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Elects to speak in a western dialect, and has an illusion of greatness that gets him into a lot of trouble.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I'll try my darndest to make right by ya'll, and by the innocent people, we're trying to protect.
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): He accidentally lets his enemies escape, or accidentally shoots a civilian (non-letahly). He causes expensive collateral damage, and always manages to slip away before it comes time to clean up.

I love it when an app makes me laugh. This is one of them.

ACCEPTED! Welcome to the Infinites!

Ok, so here's the deal. First, keep it clean. We're PG, just like they are in the comics. No profanity.

Second, we have a long-running gag in this RP. And that is, your character has been with the Infinites since the very beginning post #1 of this arc. You as a player are just joining, but your character has been there the whole time, just silent, or standing in the corner unnoticed trying to create dialog in his head of conversations he might have later of talking to cows, etc.

If you want a synopsis of what's going on, I wrote about it recently in an earlier app response. You can read it here.

Auger will start in the crammed closet on the alien ship Squelch where the rest of them are.
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:37 am

Talchyon wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:Name: Jeremy Hughs

You as a player are just joining, but your character has been there the whole time, just silent, or standing in the corner unnoticed trying to create dialog in his head of conversations he might have later of talking to cows, etc.

So now we have a plant-talker and a cow-talker?

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 am

Dragonarya wrote:
Talchyon wrote: You as a player are just joining, but your character has been there the whole time, just silent, or standing in the corner unnoticed trying to create dialog in his head of conversations he might have later of talking to cows, etc.

So now we have a plant-talker and a cow-talker?

Mooooo!

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 am

is there a designated leader for the infinities?

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:is there a designated leader for the infinities?

Captain Calculator
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 am

I have the cast page updated. Both Auger and Plant are on there now. (I listed Plant as a henchman since villains technically don't have sidekicks, right?) I also have a few catch-up posts to include with hero pun names, and the space gags. I haven't forgotten them. I will get them.

We have family over, and things tonight. I can't promise that I will post tonight, but I will sure try.

-Talc

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Talchyon wrote:I have the cast page updated. Both Auger and Plant are on there now. (I listed Plant as a henchman since villains technically don't have sidekicks, right?) I also have a few catch-up posts to include with hero pun names, and the space gags. I haven't forgotten them. I will get them.

We have family over, and things tonight. I can't promise that I will post tonight, but I will sure try.

-Talc

I think I'm going to wait a day or so. Give people a chance to react. Though I must say, I do like the IC suggestions coming in as to what the Infinites and villains can do.

-Talc

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:54 am

Barapam -

Good post overall. One thing. This RP is PG rated with no profanity. Please edit. Thanks. You can use things like this *#^&$@ all you want in place of profanities.

I liked how you brought in Brezhnev. I'm going to have to look up the other names you mentioned.

-Talc

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Talchyon wrote:Barapam -

Good post overall. One thing. This RP is PG rated with no profanity. Please edit. Thanks. You can use things like this *#^&$@ all you want in place of profanities.

I liked how you brought in Brezhnev. I'm going to have to look up the other names you mentioned.

-Talc

Will do, but I hope the link still is allowed? The second guy was one of the Chinese bigshots at the time (I didn't know of him either, I just looked at Wikipedia's list of world leaders in '69 to find Communist ones who started with B), and Tito was the leader of Yugoslavia (and a WW2 hero). I'm pretty sure that USSR's relationships with China and Yugoslavia were pretty strained back then, but I went with it anyway.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 pm

I didn't see all of the link but what I saw looked ok...

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Talchyon wrote:I didn't see all of the link but what I saw looked ok...

Thanks, it's actually just that one sentence that's important. And the following seconds of Russian music.
Last edited by Barapam on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Henlo

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Henlo to you to!
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Wait, is everyone wearing kilts? Can I please have an explanation?

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Dragonarya wrote:Wait, is everyone wearing kilts? Can I please have an explanation?

Rule Number One of Infinites Club: Nothing gets explained in Infinites Club.

(To be fair, I was also considering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ADGIHIKnI)
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Dragonarya wrote:Wait, is everyone wearing kilts? Can I please have an explanation?

However, rules are meant to be broken, so:

The kilt-wearing was spawned by a non-narrating character here.

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm thinking of ideas for power..
Maybe Creating Stuff like "A Potato cannon that can Destroy a armoured car"

Or maybe skills that make people just "blank out" (Yk when you go in a room and forget why you went there, or you're normal somewhere and suddenly you just start staring at the air not thinking about absolutely anything?) Dramatic Background Changing ?[urlhttp://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VillainSong]Which means i can play a evil song like on those olde cartoons[/url]
tip pls that link no find good powers

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Zjaum wrote:

However, rules are meant to be broken, so:

The kilt-wearing was spawned by a non-narrating character here.

Okay, thank you.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

NightWing
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NightWing » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Name: Andrea Harper (Nicknamed Andy)
Codename: Pandemonium
Sex: Female
Appearance:

Biography: Pandemonium had a normal life until eight grade, when she discovered her "powers". She tried to keep them a secret, but try hiding a snake tattoo wrapping around your neck in the middle of school, or how you just threw a flaming dodgeball at someone. Yeah. She was expelled, and then took online classes before turning to crime. Every crime scene she had been at, it was obvious she was there, because the evidence never adds up. How did this girl break into a bank without getting caught, steal half the gold, and (accidentally?) turn the other half of the bank into a slab of pure silver? The world may never know.
Powers: Powers... yeah, that's a pretty relative term. Her "ability" is that she can activate random activity at will. In other words, she can summon up the power to do something, but whatever that something is is beyond her control. For instance, if she's in trouble, she could call on her ability and something random would happen. She might suddenly be holding a broadsword, she might suddenly be stuck in slow motion, whatever. She has a snake tattoo on her collarbone thanks to a "random" event (aka she accidentally gave herself a tattoo).
RP sample: I'm pretty new, so at the moment I only have one IC post up... here...

Describe your abilities: I can... um... do stuff. Random stuff. Yeah...
Why did you turn to crime: Because I apparently make too much "collateral damage" to be a hero.
Why did you further become a supervillain: Let's be honest: a life of crime is more entertaining than life in high school.
How do you feel about the Infinites: No comment...
What's your end goal: I don't really have one.
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: I'll probably summon my power, see what happens. If it backfires I'll let them go.
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: They just... happen.
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): I don't do "evil laughs".
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): %#&@!
Any lines you won't cross: I won't (purposefully) hurt children, I won't kill, and I try not to destroy anything huge.
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: An archenemy would be fun...
PLEASE put this in your signature if you know someone or are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable, and in case you didn't know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy and paste this on their signature, because they have already been eaten by dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower... armed with fire extinguishers, and the remaining 1% are awesome and will add this to their signature.
If you're RPing with me, please note I'm almost never on on the weekends.
Check out my latest try at an RP, Master of the Sea, an action/adventure RP about the eternal battle between pirates and armadas!

GOD'S NOT DEAD

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Whew, I managed to get a post up, albeit brief.

That's what happens when you leave 4.5 hours earlier than expected. Anyway, post is up.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Skarten wrote:I'm thinking of ideas for power..
Maybe Creating Stuff like "A Potato cannon that can Destroy a armoured car"

Or maybe skills that make people just "blank out" (Yk when you go in a room and forget why you went there, or you're normal somewhere and suddenly you just start staring at the air not thinking about absolutely anything?) Dramatic Background Changing ?[urlhttp://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VillainSong]Which means i can play a evil song like on those olde cartoons[/url]
tip pls that link no find good powers

Hey Skarten! Good to see you.

Potato cannon that can destroy an armoured car is way too OP for the Infinites. Unless it can only destroy an armoured car and nothing else.
I could see the blanking out guy. Alzheimer's Man. Could be funny.
As for Dramatic Background Changing, does that mean that you would have a villainous song playing in the background so that all of the characters can hear it?

That link has some good funny powers, but sometimes you have to adapt them so they become funny when you use them.

So far, so good.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse