NATION

PASSWORD

Convergence (OOC, OPEN|Sci-FI Fandom Crossover|Halo, ME, SW)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:31 pm

TriStates wrote:
Brusia wrote:Oh well, we could maybe implement that later on in the RP than ;) If we go with Cave 1, would we get the equipment we need to set up an MOB more quickly than if we started with Cave 2?

Logic and logistics would stand to reason that, yes

Cool, definitely adds a big pro to starting at Cave 1 than. With that, I think I'd have to switch my support to starting at Cave 1, with an emphasis on getting supplies and reinforcements down to secure a supply line to, and establish the MOB at, Cave 2 as soon as it becomes possible to do so. While Cave 1 doesn't have the natural defenses of Cave 2, it is much more isolated and the area around it is so completely barren that enemy forces would have to traverse a large area with no cover whatsoever, leaving them extremely vulnerable to artillery and aerial attack. While having to largely rely on air support isn't ideal, the fact the Voeld is a barren planet means setting up proper supply lines is going to be critical to the survival of anyone stationed there, and Cave's 2 natural defenses, while helpful, won't be able to keep the clones from running out of ammunition or starving to death.
Last edited by Brusia on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Am placing my Hunter App here for ease of access

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Character Application
Mandatory
Name: Yadimu Saro Dokka goes by 'Bastion' So named by the UNSC after he and his Bond-Brother held a defensive point against the UNSC for a time.
Sex: Male

Race & Faction: Hunter/Remnants

Appearance: This,l he is taller than most hunters though and his metal shield is larger than that of normal hunters.

Universe of Origin: Halo

Biography: Even among Hunters, he and his bond brother were exceptional specimens. They were larger than normal Hunters, as they kept growing while most Hunters stop after they split and become Bond Brothers. They were larger and much more intelligent than normal Hunters due to their colony size. He and his Bond Brother grew to fame for their size and success in battle. During one of the many conflicts between the UNSC and the Covenant he and his brother fought. This was different however, as the UNSC had the upper hand and it was a mass assault. He and his Bond Brother

The loss of his Bond Brother Changed him, though he was able to channel and control his rage, unlike most of his brethren. He changed and became less indifferent to the loss of life, even the lives of those he once considered lesser. He has followed the Sanghelli, or Elites after the Great Schism.

Powers/Abilities: He holds the normal gear and armaments of Hunters, but on a larger scale. He is also far stronger than his size would suggest, being able to hold his own against and defeat a frienzied Brute.

Optional!

Dislikes:

Theme Song:

Tropes:
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Sounds good Brus, and welcome back Shad.

Republic, and CIS, feel free to kick off your respective missions with the next following posts. I'll be on hand to offer moments of dialogue with Clonetrooper/Droid NPCs, as well as Antag. encounters with flora/fauna/NPC Factions. Since you all have been dismissed from the Starting Spawns (the ships) you all have officially entered the sandbox. Have fun with it, and feel free to make the most out of your posts. Be social with the players in your mission group, to have fun and fluid posts, since you all run the story. I just janitor the background ;) I only ask that if you arn't sure about something (about setting descriptions, important NPCs, etc), ask questions.

I owe posts independent posts to Ism, and Lycanth. I owe mission posts to the Republic Team (led by Brusia), and the Halo Mission (led by Turm). They will be written over today and tomorrow. If anyone wants a heads up, or to drop input, on my posts get with me before that time. The earlier the better.

I am also updating the character role call list. Refresh the list if you do not see your character there, it should be momentarily. If after a while you still don't see your character there, then please let me know.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

The Last Magic
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Magic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:14 pm

TriStates wrote:Sounds good Brus, and welcome back Shad.

Republic, and CIS, feel free to kick off your respective missions with the next following posts. I'll be on hand to offer moments of dialogue with Clonetrooper/Droid NPCs, as well as Antag. encounters with flora/fauna/NPC Factions. Since you all have been dismissed from the Starting Spawns (the ships) you all have officially entered the sandbox. Have fun with it, and feel free to make the most out of your posts. Be social with the players in your mission group, to have fun and fluid posts, since you all run the story. I just janitor the background ;) I only ask that if you arn't sure about something (about setting descriptions, important NPCs, etc), ask questions.

I might have to go on a few wikis since I only know about SW and not ME or HALO, but sounds good.
Some legends are told,
Some turn to dust
Or to gold,
But you will remember me,
Remember me for centuries

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:39 pm

My Anzati

I am posting this for the benefit of Tri. i will nerf as need be if needed, I can also add my take on his powers. Due to his age and connection to the force his Telepathy does not work all that well concerning other force users, trained force users. The beings own connection to the force can inerfere with his tlepath which has become near inseerable from the similar force related abilities over the years0.

Shadowwell wrote:Of course, i might change my Anzati's age, after i get back, depending upon the ruling on him. i have been thinking about it, At the very least i want him to be around 6-7 millenia in age, i have not decided on a max age, but i ahve been thinking.
Ism was somewhat correct, that the Telepathy of my Anzat could be rather Op. we know that a non force sensative Anzati that is around a millenia in age can be thwarted by a skilled Force user, evidenced by an aged Ben Kenobi. Whereas a Dark Jedi Anzati, Volfe Karkko was able to play with Jedi Aayla Securas mind as if it was a toy, his age was around a couple millennia give or take, but he was a former Jedi Master.

He was also able to hold of the Jedi council in combat for a time, so he is more of an exception. Telepaths who are force sensitive are exponetially stronger than their non force sensitive counterparts. I might make there be a certain side effect of his extreme age. Due to his conenction to the force and how it has been strengthened due to his consumption of the soup of other force sensitives, those who like him wield the force, can more easily combat and resist his force abilities, including his telepathy, which has become advanced, but nearly indistinguishable from the Telepathy that can be used using the force.

The above qwas what i have said before.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Shadowwell wrote:My Anzati

I am posting this for the benefit of Tri. i will nerf as need be if needed, I can also add my take on his powers. Due to his age and connection to the force his Telepathy does not work all that well concerning other force users, trained force users. The beings own connection to the force can inerfere with his tlepath which has become near inseerable from the similar force related abilities over the years0.

Shadowwell wrote:Of course, i might change my Anzati's age, after i get back, depending upon the ruling on him. i have been thinking about it, At the very least i want him to be around 6-7 millenia in age, i have not decided on a max age, but i ahve been thinking.
Ism was somewhat correct, that the Telepathy of my Anzat could be rather Op. we know that a non force sensative Anzati that is around a millenia in age can be thwarted by a skilled Force user, evidenced by an aged Ben Kenobi. Whereas a Dark Jedi Anzati, Volfe Karkko was able to play with Jedi Aayla Securas mind as if it was a toy, his age was around a couple millennia give or take, but he was a former Jedi Master.

He was also able to hold of the Jedi council in combat for a time, so he is more of an exception. Telepaths who are force sensitive are exponetially stronger than their non force sensitive counterparts. I might make there be a certain side effect of his extreme age. Due to his conenction to the force and how it has been strengthened due to his consumption of the soup of other force sensitives, those who like him wield the force, can more easily combat and resist his force abilities, including his telepathy, which has become advanced, but nearly indistinguishable from the Telepathy that can be used using the force.

My obvious nerf for this is similar to the other super-force user we have. We'll factor in his age, and his lack of pulse and body heat. Say, his regenerative powers have made it possible to live so long, but at the detriment of his connection to the Force. Speaking plain jane: Better physical ability at the loss for Force ability, and vice versa. This exists on a slider, so you can move it back and forth. Just know that I will award buffs and debuffs anytime this happens; your character will also not escape from the long-term strain of constant sliding. Right then, now that I've given you the 3rd :p

Thanks for showing back up to the thread Shad. Your good for IC on your Star Wars char.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:16 pm

TriStates wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:My Anzati

My obvious nerf for this is similar to the other super-force user we have. We'll factor in his age, and his lack of pulse and body heat. Say, his regenerative powers have made it possible to live so long, but at the detriment of his connection to the Force. Speaking plain jane: Better physical ability at the loss for Force ability, and vice versa. This exists on a slider, so you can move it back and forth. Just know that I will award buffs and debuffs anytime this happens; your character will also not escape from the long-term strain of constant sliding. Right then, now that I've given you the 3rd :p

Thanks for showing back up to the thread Shad. Your good for IC on your Star Wars char.

That was a thought, but when an Anzati feeds on anyone, with strong willpower, not just force sensitives, they gain a stronger connection to the Force. We could take the suggestion and make it so that when he uses force abilities taht strength his physical self that he loses access to othr force abilities for a time and vice versa, possibly having their be a sort of physical and or mental exhaustion with extended use.

I was wanting to keep Dib'Hur, Tri, as he is connected to another chaacter, assuming Athrax is still here, and i dont want them to have to retcon.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
TriStates wrote:

That was a thought, but when an Anzati feeds on anyone, with strong willpower, not just force sensitives, they gain a stronger connection to the Force. We could take the suggestion and make it so that when he uses force abilities taht strength his physical self that he loses access to othr force abilities for a time and vice versa, possibly having their be a sort of physical and or mental exhaustion with extended use.

I was wanting to keep Dib'Hur, Tri, as he is connected to another chaacter, assuming Athrax is still here, and i dont want them to have to retcon.

Okay, so Dib'Hur, the Anzati and the UNSC guy. Had a screw up over internet and had to reboot. Looks like changes were not saved so fuck me.

All character apps over this +20 page OOC have finally been officially updated. I've got Nux, Shad, and Onsil all added up. Sorry it took so long, and thanks for your patience :) Any character apps, like Nea's, who havn't responded back to CO-OP requests are denied. The players are welcome to try again next thread.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:35 pm

To Parcia and Last Magic, Tri okayed it, but my Anzati will be stowing away on the shuttle.

Tri, my Jedi, Dib'ur, My Anzati, and Bastion, my Hunter for Halo. are the characters i will be using, just a final clarification and confirmation.

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:59 pm

TriStates wrote:Okay, so Dib'Hur, the Anzati and the UNSC guy. Had a screw up over internet and had to reboot. Looks like changes were not saved so fuck me.

All character apps over this +20 page OOC have finally been officially updated. I've got Nux, Shad, and Onsil all added up. Sorry it took so long, and thanks for your patience :) Any character apps, like Nea's, who havn't responded back to CO-OP requests are denied. The players are welcome to try again next thread.

Ouch. Hate losing work when the internet craps out :( Did you lose the whole post, or just part of it?

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Brusia wrote:
TriStates wrote:Okay, so Dib'Hur, the Anzati and the UNSC guy. Had a screw up over internet and had to reboot. Looks like changes were not saved so fuck me.

Ouch. Hate losing work when the internet craps out :( Did you lose the whole post, or just part of it?

Not a post thankfully, just OP edits.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:06 pm

TriStates wrote:
Brusia wrote:Ouch. Hate losing work when the internet craps out :( Did you lose the whole post, or just part of it?

Not a post thankfully, just OP edits.

Ah, well that's good at least (well, not exactly good, but less terrible :p )

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm very glad we have been able to move the Asari Ark story along a good bit today.. hopefully we can catch up with the other ME players soon.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Nuxipal wrote:I'm very glad we have been able to move the Asari Ark story along a good bit today.. hopefully we can catch up with the other ME players soon.

Actually, they have to catch up to you :p Your story is head above all others in progress.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:51 pm

TriStates wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:I'm very glad we have been able to move the Asari Ark story along a good bit today.. hopefully we can catch up with the other ME players soon.

Actually, they have to catch up to you :p Your story is head above all others in progress.

Really? We are only in the starting point really.

Osnil Returns
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil Returns » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:55 pm

TriStates wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:That was a thought, but when an Anzati feeds on anyone, with strong willpower, not just force sensitives, they gain a stronger connection to the Force. We could take the suggestion and make it so that when he uses force abilities taht strength his physical self that he loses access to othr force abilities for a time and vice versa, possibly having their be a sort of physical and or mental exhaustion with extended use.

Okay, so Dib'Hur, the Anzati and the UNSC guy. Had a screw up over internet and had to reboot. Looks like changes were not saved so fuck me.

So is Lar-Lar accepted?
Ancient Ones-1 Justice League, 1 Sith Lord, 1 firebender, 1 nutcase, 1 Pokemon Trainer
There is more science in Grimm's Fairy Tales than in evolution.

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Likewise, at this rate we might even make it to the Nexus today :)

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:09 pm

All characters who are posted in The Cast list in the OP have been accepted. So yes, Lar Lar is accepted. May god have mercy on your soul.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Osnil Returns wrote:
TriStates wrote:

So is Lar-Lar accepted?

Your name's been mentioned.

TriStates wrote:All characters who are posted in The Cast list in the OP have been accepted. So yes, Lar Lar is accepted. May god have mercy on your soul.

Let us prepare our weapons if he turned out to not be the best, aye?
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

OP Update 3.3.4.5.6

Postby TriStates » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:23 pm

So, a heads up. Due to the slowing of the IC for 2 out of the 3 fandoms, in 3 days (June 6th, 10:00pm CST), we will have first annual Convergence Culling. Were I go about the nasty business of having to janitor those who've taken leave without RSVPing where they've gone to. I will contact all those who've yet to post on page 2 tomorrow, as a courtesy, so no one says I don't try :)

After June 9th, those who've not posted and have not been in contact with the GMs will be dismissed from this thread. Their characters will be auctioned to players who have been active. Those not chosen will be added to the GMs NPC list. If any of those dismissed would like to join back, they will have to wait for Convergence II.
Last edited by TriStates on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:27 pm

After the Asari teams return to the Ark, should we have it go straight to the Nexus then?

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Nuxipal wrote:After the Asari teams return to the Ark, should we have it go straight to the Nexus then?

I'd say so, given the danger in the area it's probably best not to stick around.
Don't want to end up like the Ark did in the game after all ;)

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Tri your math may be off, or your a time traveller.

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:12 pm

TriStates wrote:So, a heads up. Due to the slowing of the IC for 2 out of the 3 fandoms, in 3 days (June 9th, 10:00pm CST), we will have first annual Convergence Culling. Were I go about the nasty business of having to janitor those who've taken leave without RSVPing where they've gone to. I will contact all those who've yet to post on page 2 tomorrow, as a courtesy, so no one says I don't try :)

After June 9th, those who've not posted and have not been in contact with the GMs will be dismissed from this thread. Their characters will be auctioned to players who have been active. Those not chosen will be added to the GMs NPC list. If any of those dismissed would like to join back, they will have to wait for Convergence II.

June 9th is 5-6 days off, depending on your time zone. Also I haven't disappeared, just haven't seen an opening to post lately

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Who could my Hunter/Mgalekgolo, BAstion be teamed with?
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse