NATION

PASSWORD

Demens Chosen [PL: Into the Abyss - CLOSED]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Truth Incarnate
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 496
Founded: Jan 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Truth Incarnate » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:30 pm

I'll be honest, I have no idea what to post besides a timid "Cecile left the conversation".

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25907
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:
Torrocca wrote:I'M FREE AT LAST

Hey, Torro, what would Hectaros think of a viking?


Even the poorest of the Eteridone peoples are snide and arrogant in regards to any non-Eteridones, more so to non-citizens of the empire.

So, very poorly. c:
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Holy Lykos
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1746
Founded: May 01, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Lykos » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Torrocca wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:Hey, Torro, what would Hectaros think of a viking?


Even the poorest of the Eteridone peoples are snide and arrogant in regards to any non-Eteridones, more so to non-citizens of the empire.

So, very poorly. c:

Very understandable, They do seem very roman.

Though would he respect another warrior, at all?
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life


I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

User avatar
Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12092
Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Is there something I should be doing with Insidious and Aegis?
Im a little lost on the whole dining room meeting thing.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa


Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

User avatar
Holy Lykos
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1746
Founded: May 01, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Lykos » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Is there something I should be doing with Insidious and Aegis?
Im a little lost on the whole dining room meeting thing.

We're about to move on to training tomorrow(I think), so you should be good.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life


I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19636
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Is there something I should be doing with Insidious and Aegis?
Im a little lost on the whole dining room meeting thing.


We're all lost Prim, don't worry, we'll move on soon.
Senior P2TM Mentor & Ordained Minister of the ULC
#EndChildMarriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
Art and Writing
Blog
Support
Vanity page
adhouse
★ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Cerillium wrote:lel. Yer both nuts. Wouldn't be PL without you.


DROPPED PLAYERS:
Granis - not posting

SOON TO BE DROPPED:
UEA - minimal participation, failure to check OOC threads. She needs to post here, in this OOC, by Monday (13 Mar) to let me know she wishes to continue in PL.

I sent a TG to UEA to let her know she's been dropped. Disregard her IC post, please. There's no reason a player can not check the OOC before posting in the IC, and there's been a lack of attempt at integration IC.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Unified East Asia wrote:I'm so sorry. I have been constantly harrassed by homework and tests. PL was in the back of my mind as I though that making long quality posts could not be done in this situation. I understand if this is not understandable. Even I won't believe it if someone apologizes with the typical excuse like homework.

Again, I apologise for my lack of activity. I promise I will post at least twice a week.


It's not about your inactivity, but that you haven't checked the OOC before posting IC and haven't tried to interact with any characters. You've left yours by herself.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Unified East Asia wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
It's not about your inactivity, but that you haven't checked the OOC before posting IC and haven't tried to interact with any characters. You've left yours by herself.



I understand. I'll reapply somewhere between 6-9 hours because school


Also, I was reluctant to interact because I felt daunted as people could post so long and felt like I'm not worth their time. Compared to everyone else, my RP style is primitive. I read the PL IC from time to time but just...Couldn't bring myself to post.

Anyway, I'll do better next time.


Don't worry about it overmuch. PL is a teaching RP and Min and I were figuring we'd help ease you in, as part of the staff.

User avatar
Fvaarniimar
Minister
 
Posts: 3125
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Fvaarniimar » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Unified East Asia wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
It's not about your inactivity, but that you haven't checked the OOC before posting IC and haven't tried to interact with any characters. You've left yours by herself.



I understand. I'll reapply somewhere between 6-9 hours because school


Also, I was reluctant to interact because I felt daunted as people could post so long and felt like I'm not worth their time. Compared to everyone else, my RP style is primitive. I read the PL IC from time to time but just...Couldn't bring myself to post.

Anyway, I'll do better next time.


They can be a little intimidating sometimes, can't they? It's okay. We all are beginners at some point, UEA; we have old posts proving it. I at least don't mind your short posts when you're willing to try, but pulling Akagi off on her own during events does make it hard for her to interact.

I was hesitant to ask for leeway due to school, too. As it turns out, it's valid. Everyone gets that school is often a higher priority than what is after all a hobby.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.
_->>
Tech Timeline
Alt:Fggwyyliieimn
Also controls:Borksmiclen
1.I'm a cis female.
2.(PL only)If I type"Nick touches your character and does <this>",he is communicating. If your character has nerve endings in the spot being touched,they'll get the message.Otherwise/if neither bare skin nor explanation given,TG me;something else may come into play.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
adhouse

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Unified East Asia wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
It's not about your inactivity, but that you haven't checked the OOC before posting IC and haven't tried to interact with any characters. You've left yours by herself.



I understand. I'll reapply somewhere between 6-9 hours because school


Also, I was reluctant to interact because I felt daunted as people could post so long and felt like I'm not worth their time. Compared to everyone else, my RP style is primitive. I read the PL IC from time to time but just...Couldn't bring myself to post.

Anyway, I'll do better next time.

Reapply when you can. Perhaps your current character isn't a good fit however? She's very shy and timid, and that will make things difficult for you.



From Tilt's whiteboard

STORIES!!!
CER'S STORY
THEME: high-adrenaline shenanigans
NEED: a few players interested in emergency services: emergency medicine/field medicine, firefighting/rescue, etc.
SLOTS: 4 or 5 characters total for story
CHAR EXPERIENCE: not required
POST FREQ: once every other day, or less, depending on how fast the story needs to move, but active on weekends
CHARS:
    Giovenith
    Mag
    Thad
    Cecile
    Mathias (as a backup)

TILT AND MIN'S STORY
THEME: Some sneaking around in, as well as some combat if things go sour. Picture grim, dusty, dark, used future cyberpunk.
NEED: Characters in general. Stealth would be good, some amount of basic combat ability would be good.
SLOTS:
CHAR EXPERIENCE: not required
POST FREQ: once every other day, or less, depending on how fast the story needs to move, but active on weekends
CHARS:
    Amanda
    Nivea
    Feniel
    Devine
    Calani
    Macy

SWITH'S STORY
THEME: old-fashioned sword/spear/bow story
NEED:
SLOTS: 1 more?
CHAR EXPERIENCE: only weapon experience, proficiency not as important
POST FREQ: once every other day or so
CHARS:
    Mezran
    Sig
    Hectaros
    Septimus
    Myra
    Luce (as a backup)

Characters unable to participate
    The Papers
    Sandy
    Primordial
    Nick
    Venla
    Romy
    Kale
    Rmw
    Hans
    Aegis
    Brit
    Yuna
    Chrys


Has anyone not signed up yet? My story is open to everyone, and will be rapid paced. Everyone needs to sign up at least one character for a story.

Solving therapist problem:
#PLAPP
Image
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0


PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Cer

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): the OP

How often can you post? Heh



CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character First Name: Ramanbir

Character Surname: Narindra

Character Title: Doctor

Character Gender: Male

Species : Metahuman

Age: 41

Appearance:

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i.imgur.com/JHuX0Po.png

Character Occupation or Specialty: Clinical Psychologist - Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D)


Character's biggest strength: Good listener. Quickly adapts to the world around him.


Character's worst flaw: Too self-critical, and a bit depressive.


OBJECTIVES AND GOALS

Primary Objective: This poor NPC is destined to serve as the Residents' shrink. Everything he does is wrapped into that.

Minor Goals: Stay alive, not be eaten by the Residents, perhaps write a paper on the Galli insanity when all is said and done.


MUNDANE SKILLS

    List Mundane skills here
  • Research
  • Pharmacology
  • Drive a four-wheeled vehicle
  • Goat herding (it's a hobby)
  • Cooking
  • Violin

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS

  • Psychology (the study and practice) 3
  • Gatka (per his religion) 2
  • Parapsychology 2


OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS

  • Charisma Bestowal
    Power Level: 1
    Strengths: he can bestow charisma and a sense of good reputation, making others well-versed in communicative arts including foreign languages and rhetoric, giving them a good name, and making them trusted and loved by friend and foe alike, etc.
    Weaknesses: Depression too deep to cure without medications.
    Restrictions: May not be able to use this ability on himself. The sense of charisma is fleeting. It doesn't add anything to someone already confident in themselves. This minor power simply grants his patient a moment of feeling, well, more charismatic than they did a moment prior. He uses it in tandem with therapy.

  • Empathy
    Power Level: 6
    Strengths: He can fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing him to understand introverts or discover one emotion is actually hiding another. He can attack someone in a personal and emotional way since he knows exactly what emotion is flowing, and can use this knowledge to play against them. He can somewhat read emotional imprints left into environment or objects. His gift gives him the ability to block intrusive scans by other empaths/telepaths/etc.
    Weaknesses: Anyone with the ability to block an empath can attempt to block him. Too much put into it will result in headaches, and nose and ear bleeds.
    Restrictions: Only receives emotions, not thoughts; Defenseless against beings that have no emotions (machines)

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List:
  • "Doctor's Black Bag" (5)
  • kirpan

EQUIPMENT
List:
  • Artifacts and items that go with his religion
  • Binder clips (he collects these - think of them as things to keep his hands busy)

BACKGROUND
(Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.)

Education or Training:
B.Sc Ambedkar University (New Delhi)
M.A. University of Michigan
Psy.D University of Michigan



Character Background/Biography: "ISTJ: Introvert Sensing Thinking Judging". That was my result in college. I doubt it has changed. I am still too serious, too quiet, too much of a loner. I enjoy solitude a bit too much, I confess, but how else can I sit back and observe? Observe, I do. It takes effort to block what I sense.

I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Ramanbir Narinda. I was born in Punjab, and I grew up there. The oldest of five siblings, it was I who had to set the example. I imagine it wasn't a good example. I acted out in my early years, my own emotions stirred by the emotions of others around me. It was not easy. At times, it was painful. I sequestered myself though I could not shut out my own intrigue pertaining to mental health.

What makes people tick? Why do they feel the way they do? These questions have always been a part of me. I went into psychology in persuit of answers, and to find a means to teach myself how to marshal the foreign emotions that welled up inside me. I suppose the worst career for an empath is psychology - clinical therapy can utterly destroy us if we don't have self mastery.

I enjoyed my education. I enjoy this field. I even enjoy listening to my patients. There is nothing quite as profound as a schizophrenic's mind, did you know? There is a beauty in how thought breathe. I suppose I chose the right career after all. I have never regretted leaving India and coming to the United States.

Now, please excuse me. I'm behind schedule. I have a patient to see.


OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture and description: http://i.imgur.com/rXA6moG.jpg?1
It's a cozy place done up in his favorite hues. Not too large, and not too small, it's a single bedroom flat with plenty of sunlight and a view overlooking Galli's pastures.

Link to RP examples: mujhe aisa karane kee aavashyakata nahin hai main OP hoon


IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
The nickname you go by on NS: Cer
Character Name: Ramanbir Narinda
Character Image Link: http://i.imgur.com/JHuX0Po.png

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19636
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:57 pm

That moment when PL needs to create a character just to be the local therapist.
Senior P2TM Mentor & Ordained Minister of the ULC
#EndChildMarriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
Art and Writing
Blog
Support
Vanity page
adhouse
★ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Unified East Asia wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0


PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: UEA

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): beginner

How often can you post? 2-5 posts a week



CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character First Name: Akagi

Character Surname: Sakurako

Character Title: Miss

Character Gender: Female

Species : (nation personification, human, alien, etc) Personification

Age: (must be 18 or older) 25

Appearance:
URL to Character Picture, if any: Akagi
Character Occupation or Specialty: (What will his purpose be in the game) Archer


Character's biggest strength: Archery


Character's worst flaw: Gluttony


OBJECTIVES AND GOALS


Primary Objective:Learn more about the world she had been brought into

Minor Goals: Return home, Conquer all of Asia and the Pacific ocean.


MUNDANE SKILLS
(These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.)

    List Mundane skills here
  • Eat half her body weight
  • React to surroundings in her sleep
  • Listening while asleep
  • Poison people with her cooking(She doesn't know this)
  • Speak Japanese fluently
  • Speak basic English

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
(These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here, no more than 4 points in each skill or talent. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc. You must take a skill pertaining to a supernatural power if you plan to use that power.)

  • Ability 1 and Points Spent: Archery (4 points)
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Fast reflexes(2 points)
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Human calculator(1 point)
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:


OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
(You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities, no more than 4 in each. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly: list wings. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed: list speed and give us its stop speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.)

  • Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

  • Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

  • Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)


  • Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths (what it does):
    Weaknesses (what counters it):
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
(If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet. Magical items have 7 points to spread among all of them. No items may be over 4 in power.)

List:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

EQUIPMENT
(This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker. You have 7 points total to spend on magical items. No single item can be more powerful that 4.)

List:Clothes, Handbag with Makeup, sunscreen and simple medicines(Paracetamol, Bandages, etc), Her favorite bow(she names it Bow-chan) and a half empty bag of potato chips


BACKGROUND
(Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.)

Education or Training: Homeschooled

Character Background/Biography: I was raised in a small village in Japan. My dad had high expectations for me and enrolled in the best schools in the village. Eventually, it didn't meet his standards so I was Homeschooled from elementary. I couldn't fail him after one night seeing how hard he worked at a factory. I don't really remember what he worked as but it really inspired me to work harder as he is working for me. When I was 9, he told me to start practicing archery and gave me some books. He tutored me on Highschool math in middle school to which I would find out after graduating University. In my Highschool years, I would usually be either studying or practicing archery. Man, how I wish I could go back and thank him. Anyway, after University, I applied for the Navy I got acvepted but due to being a female and lack of experience and proper education, really only got to be a clerk at the naval office in Yokosuka. My house caught fire so I lived in an apartment for a while until well, I arrived here.


OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture and description: Apartment
(What's the inside of their apartment look like. Note: no balconies, please.)

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)


IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details. Determined woman who is greedy in terms of food. She is a keen Archer and a good companion. Though, she is rather shy at first.
The nickname you go by on NS: UEA
Character Name: Akagi Sakurako
Character Image Link: Akagi



Usually a Personification is a representation of a nation that has some kind of special ability that differentiates them from a normal human. Your app sounds like a normal human with some special skills (add in administration experience as part of her skill set). If this personification is an extension of you - it will be not be accepted, we don't have player personifications as part of current setting.

If your char is a nation-personification, please think about something that makes her unique and representative to your nation-canon. This ability/trait will be a specialized skill and will need points, weaknesses, and restrictions. This will also affect your bio should she be a nation-persona.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Unified East Asia wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0


PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: UEA

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): beginner

How often can you post? 2-5 posts a week



CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character First Name: Akagi

Character Surname: Sakurako

Character Title: Miss

Character Gender: Female

Species : (nation personification, human, alien, etc) Personification

Age: (must be 18 or older) 25

Appearance:
URL to Character Picture, if any: Akagi
Character Occupation or Specialty: (What will his purpose be in the game) Archer


Character's biggest strength: Archery


Character's worst flaw: Gluttony


OBJECTIVES AND GOALS


Primary Objective:Learn more about the world she had been brought into

Minor Goals: Return home, Conquer all of Asia and the Pacific ocean.


MUNDANE SKILLS
(These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.)

    List Mundane skills here
  • Eat half her body weight
  • React to surroundings in her sleep
  • Listening while asleep
  • Poison people with her cooking(She doesn't know this)
  • Speak Japanese fluently
  • Speak basic English

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
(These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here, no more than 4 points in each skill or talent. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc. You must take a skill pertaining to a supernatural power if you plan to use that power.)

  • Ability 1 and Points Spent: Archery (4 points)
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Fast reflexes(2 points)
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Human calculator(1 point)
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:


OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
(You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities, no more than 4 in each. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly: list wings. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed: list speed and give us its stop speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.)

  • Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

  • Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

  • Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)


  • Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths (what it does):
    Weaknesses (what counters it):
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
(If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet. Magical items have 7 points to spread among all of them. No items may be over 4 in power.)

List:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

EQUIPMENT
(This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker. You have 7 points total to spend on magical items. No single item can be more powerful that 4.)

List:Clothes, Handbag with Makeup, sunscreen and simple medicines(Paracetamol, Bandages, etc), Her favorite bow(she names it Bow-chan) and a half empty bag of potato chips


BACKGROUND
(Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.)

Education or Training: Homeschooled

Character Background/Biography: I was raised in a small village in Japan. My dad had high expectations for me and enrolled in the best schools in the village. Eventually, it didn't meet his standards so I was Homeschooled from elementary. I couldn't fail him after one night seeing how hard he worked at a factory. I don't really remember what he worked as but it really inspired me to work harder as he is working for me. When I was 9, he told me to start practicing archery and gave me some books. He tutored me on Highschool math in middle school to which I would find out after graduating University. In my Highschool years, I would usually be either studying or practicing archery. Man, how I wish I could go back and thank him. Anyway, after University, I applied for the Navy I got acvepted but due to being a female and lack of experience and proper education, really only got to be a clerk at the naval office in Yokosuka. My house caught fire so I lived in an apartment for a while until well, I arrived here.


OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture and description: Apartment
(What's the inside of their apartment look like. Note: no balconies, please.)

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)


IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details. Determined woman who is greedy in terms of food. She is a keen Archer and a good companion. Though, she is rather shy at first.
The nickname you go by on NS: UEA
Character Name: Akagi Sakurako
Character Image Link: Akagi



Usually a Personification is a representation of a nation that has some kind of special ability that differentiates them from a normal human. Your app sounds like a normal human with some special skills (add in administration experience as part of her skill set). If this personification is an extension of you - it will be not be accepted, we don't have player personifications as part of current setting.

If your char is a nation-personification, please think about something that makes her unique and representative to your nation-canon. This ability/trait will be a specialized skill and will need points, weaknesses, and restrictions. This will also affect your bio should she be a nation-persona.


Additionally, some of the mundane skills you have listed may not really be mundane, or skills.

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25907
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:31 am

Holy Lykos wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Even the poorest of the Eteridone peoples are snide and arrogant in regards to any non-Eteridones, more so to non-citizens of the empire.

So, very poorly. c:

Very understandable, They do seem very roman.

Though would he respect another warrior, at all?


Well, considering any professional soldier of the Eteridone Legions worth his salt despises titles like 'warrior' because they're reminiscent of an unprofessional savage rather than a skilled soldier... :roll:

He'll probably be biased at first, until he sees this viking's skills at arms.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
The Arthurian Isles
Envoy
 
Posts: 280
Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Arthurian Isles » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:25 am

I'm very sorry for not having been too active. Much has begun in my life which has detracted from everything I do on NS, not just PL. I don't know how long this will be the case for me, but I hope that having only posted a few times this won't be much of a disruption to you all.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30310
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Unified East Asia wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0


PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: UEA

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): beginner

How often can you post? 2-5 posts a week



CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character First Name: Akagi

Character Surname: Sakurako

Character Title: Miss

Character Gender: Female

Species : (nation personification, human, alien, etc) Personification

Age: (must be 18 or older) 25

Appearance:
URL to Character Picture, if any: Akagi
Character Occupation or Specialty: (What will his purpose be in the game) Archer


Character's biggest strength: Archery


Character's worst flaw: Gluttony


OBJECTIVES AND GOALS


Primary Objective:Learn more about the world she had been brought into

Minor Goals: Return home, Conquer all of Asia and the Pacific ocean.


MUNDANE SKILLS
(These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.)

    List Mundane skills here
  • Eat half her body weight
  • React to surroundings in her sleep
  • Listening while asleep
  • Poison people with her cooking(She doesn't know this)
  • Speak Japanese fluently
  • Speak basic English

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
(These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here, no more than 4 points in each skill or talent. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc. You must take a skill pertaining to a supernatural power if you plan to use that power.)

  • Ability 1 and Points Spent: Archery (4 points)
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Fast reflexes(2 points)
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Human calculator(1 point)
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:


OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
(You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities, no more than 4 in each. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly: list wings. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed: list speed and give us its stop speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.)

  • Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

  • Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

  • Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths: (what it does)
    Weaknesses: (what counters it)
    Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)


  • Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths (what it does):
    Weaknesses (what counters it):
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
(If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet. Magical items have 7 points to spread among all of them. No items may be over 4 in power.)

List:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

EQUIPMENT
(This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker. You have 7 points total to spend on magical items. No single item can be more powerful that 4.)

List:Clothes, Handbag with Makeup, sunscreen and simple medicines(Paracetamol, Bandages, etc), Her favorite bow(she names it Bow-chan) and a half empty bag of potato chips


BACKGROUND
(Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.)

Education or Training: Homeschooled

Character Background/Biography: I was raised in a small village in Japan. My dad had high expectations for me and enrolled in the best schools in the village. Eventually, it didn't meet his standards so I was Homeschooled from elementary. I couldn't fail him after one night seeing how hard he worked at a factory. I don't really remember what he worked as but it really inspired me to work harder as he is working for me. When I was 9, he told me to start practicing archery and gave me some books. He tutored me on Highschool math in middle school to which I would find out after graduating University. In my Highschool years, I would usually be either studying or practicing archery. Man, how I wish I could go back and thank him. Anyway, after University, I applied for the Navy I got acvepted but due to being a female and lack of experience and proper education, really only got to be a clerk at the naval office in Yokosuka. My house caught fire so I lived in an apartment for a while until well, I arrived here.


OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture and description: Apartment
(What's the inside of their apartment look like. Note: no balconies, please.)

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)


IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details. Determined woman who is greedy in terms of food. She is a keen Archer and a good companion. Though, she is rather shy at first.
The nickname you go by on NS: UEA
Character Name: Akagi Sakurako
Character Image Link: Akagi



Usually a Personification is a representation of a nation that has some kind of special ability that differentiates them from a normal human. Your app sounds like a normal human with some special skills (add in administration experience as part of her skill set). If this personification is an extension of you - it will be not be accepted, we don't have player personifications as part of current setting.

If your char is a nation-personification, please think about something that makes her unique and representative to your nation-canon. This ability/trait will be a specialized skill and will need points, weaknesses, and restrictions. This will also affect your bio should she be a nation-persona.

Yep.

UEA, I looked over her skills/powers/etc. Here's the breakdown.

    MUNDANE SKILLS
    (These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.)

      List Mundane skills here
    • Eat half her body weight [this is a supernatural ability]
    • React to surroundings in her sleep [this is a supernatural ability]
    • Listening while asleep [this is a supernatural ability]
    • Poison people with her cooking(She doesn't know this)
    • Speak Japanese fluently
    • Speak basic English

Supernatural abilities require points being spread.

Why is high food consumption a super power? Half of my weight is 40 (rounding up), or over 18 kg. 18 kg is roughly 120 bananas or 30 pairs of shoes. To add to that perspective, the average infant weighs 7.5 pounds or 3.4 kilograms. The female body distends to make room for the fetus, and moving becomes difficult. All that weight presses down the intestines and bladder.


    SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
    (These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here, no more than 4 points in each skill or talent. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc. You must take a skill pertaining to a supernatural power if you plan to use that power.)

    • Ability 1 and Points Spent: Archery (4 points)
    • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Fast reflexes(2 points) [this is a supernatural ability]
    • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Human calculator(1 point) [this is a supernatural ability]
    • Ability 4 and Points Spent:

This is where you list your character's knowledge, not their metahuman abilities.

    OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
    (You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities, no more than 4 in each. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly: list wings. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed: list speed and give us its stop speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.)

    • Ability 1:
      Power Level:
      Strengths: (what it does)
      Weaknesses: (what counters it)
      Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

    • Ability 2:
      Power Level:
      Strengths: (what it does)
      Weaknesses: (what counters it)
      Restrictions: (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character)

This is where you list metahuman abilities such as the ability to eat high amounts of food, lightening fast reflexes, quick calculating abilities, awareness while asleep.

All-in-all, Akagi is fairly mundane except for the food consumption and sleep abilities.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19636
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Senior P2TM Mentor & Ordained Minister of the ULC
#EndChildMarriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
Art and Writing
Blog
Support
Vanity page
adhouse
★ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33959
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:18 pm



^_^

My Internet is intermittently down, or I'd write something about MB and Lucky Charms. :P

User avatar
Saldinado
Minister
 
Posts: 2865
Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saldinado » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 pm

...I really want me Lucky Charms right now.

But I'll be getting a post up tomorrow. Got a flat tire and have to wait until I officially get home to make a decent post.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn


I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 pm

TRANSITION! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=405716

Please use that IC. The old one is closed.

It is now 4 AM in the IC. A general alarm rang out in the Building. Everyone assembled in the Lobby and then were ushered out the door. We haven't left your characters time to gather things. They were awoken early. Some might even be in their night clothing.

If you did not sign up for a story, put your character in mine. Anyone without a character in at least one story will be dropped.

Please do not recapture your previous conversations. It's assumed that everyone went to bed in order to get up for training.

Player stories (Slo, NA, Gio) can continue to post for their tales. Please give people some time to respond to tent posts before dropping in a post.

Players in Min and Tilt's group: one of these extraordinary gentlemen will describe what's in your character's tent.

Swith's group: This is your time to shine. Don't worry about going in rounds. Do a post describing combat between a foe and your character. Their opponents are large, wearing armor reminiscent of something you'd expect on an inaccurate fantasy barbarian - helm, breastplate, girded loins, heavy sword/spear/shield. Take your time. She's evaluating your writing technique so it's acceptable to godmod the foe - just don't make him a weak pussy. Your character's focus is on the immediate threat, so she hasn't written a broader description of the surroundings. They won't have noticed it yet nor have the time to ponder the sudden change in scenery.

My group: Your character has just witnessed a plane crash. It's impossible to tell villager from tent-generated person. We can expect some grisly finds (keep it PG13). For the moment, your characters are simply approaching or perhaps trying to organize what they're doing. It's your call.

Once you establish your characters coming to terms with the transition, posts can move more quickly. Short posts for combat will be totally acceptable once we get rolling. The initial posts can be godmodded but she'll taper them off and have players go in rounds (godmodding won't be allowed). Put enough in those posts to let Swith know what your character's action is, what the intended outcome is.
Last edited by Cerillium on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Stormwrath
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6897
Founded: Feb 08, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stormwrath » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Geez, you guys switch IC threads faster than stock brokers and bond traders.

Will post tomorrow, I gotta get things rolling in IMOTF tonight.

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30310
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:38 am

Unified East Asia wrote:Okay, I will put my character in yours Cerillium.

He hasn't approved the re-app yet, unless I missed something? :p
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Fvaarniimar
Minister
 
Posts: 3125
Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 am

You put down the Papers as unable to participate... Should they staff the triage area?
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.
_->>
Tech Timeline
Alt:Fggwyyliieimn
Also controls:Borksmiclen
1.I'm a cis female.
2.(PL only)If I type"Nick touches your character and does <this>",he is communicating. If your character has nerve endings in the spot being touched,they'll get the message.Otherwise/if neither bare skin nor explanation given,TG me;something else may come into play.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
adhouse

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30310
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:You put down the Papers as unable to participate... Should they staff the triage area?

I'm not sure what Cer's doing with them.

Peeps with characters already involved in stories don't have to send a character on a mission, if the only character they have left is a paper copy.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gudmund, Holy Tedalonia, Joohan, MSN [Bot], Novaya Equestria, The Imperial Warglorian Empire, Transbiansylvania

Advertisement

Remove ads