NATION

PASSWORD

Snowflake: A Horror RP (OPEN/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Name: Christopher "Cris" Anderson
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Equipment/Personal Belongings:
1x Pair of Wrangler brand gray cargo pants
1x Black T-shirt
1x Gray light zip-up jacket
1x Green/Brown heavy jacket
1x Black beanie
1x Silver tungsten-carbide wedding band
1x Travel heavy duty backpack (Bedroll, first aid kit, Bear Grylls-brand survival knife, Camelpak water supply, extra shirt and pants, chapstick, pliers, photos of family, 8 AA batteries, $1,500, several cans of food, firestarter kit, Gerber machete/saw combo)
1x Remington Model 870 pump action shotgun (7 16-gauge rounds inside)
1x Swiss Utility Knife

Personality: Cris is very quiet, preferring the company of the various forests he's roamed rather than that of people. Though he may be quiet, he will never hesitate to act first in a situation where his life would be in danger. His military training has prepared him for any circumstance that he may come across, which gives him a seniority complex over those he has the unfortunate opportunity to travel with.
Bio (one paragraph at least): Christopher Anderson was born at Sanford Children's Hospital on July 18, 1979 to David and Shannon Anderson. Growing up, David Anderson worked as a full time mechanic while Shannon worked as a receptionist for Sanford Children's Hospital. Christopher attended the Centennial Elementary School in Bismarck and graduated to Horizon Middle School. It was during his 8th Grade year when he gained interest in serving in the United States Military, particularly, the Air Force after recruiters came and introduced it.

He also joined the Horizon Huskies Football team and continued to play until he graduated and moved on to Bismarck High School. He began encountering trouble and fell into the wrong crowds, and eventually got banned from BHS, transferring to Century High School in his Sophomore year. He began training with Airmen from the Grand Forks Air Force Base, and eventually refocused onto his grades after leaving behind the negative influences of BHS. Christopher graduated with a 3.8 GPA with the Class of 1997 at Century High School. A few months later, Cris joined the U.S. Air Force. After successfully completing Basic Military Training, he was stationed at Grand Forks Air Force Base and began work as a structural engineer. In 2005, Christopher ended his career in the Air Force achieving the rank of Technical Sergeant.

Three weeks after he came home, his father was killed in a car accident. It was revealed that his father had been drinking when he plowed into the other car. His mother Shannon, was thrown into a deep depression, one that had to be corrected with drugs prescribed by her doctor. After mourning his father's dead, he continued his work as a structural engineer, working for Greystone Construction Company, choosing to stay in his hometown of Bismarck. He also served as a Part-time Firefighter with the Bismarck Fire Department. In 2008, he met Ashley Samson, one of the architects working with Greystone. They began dating. In 2010, Ashley and Christopher became engaged. They moved in together in Christopher's house. In early 2012, Christopher proposed to Ashley and it was around that time that it was announced of Ashley's pregnancy with Cris's child. On December 24, 2012, Bryan Clarke Anderson was born. Finally, in 2015, tragedy struck. After refusing to take her pills any longer, her depression rushed back in, becoming so strong that Shannon Anderson killed herself in her home on March 6, 2015, only four days after quitting her pills.

In 2016, as the epidemic began gaining traction, Bismarck was relatively safe due to efforts of Bismarck Police, both Air Force bases, and North Dakota State Troopers. As time continued on and the epidemic grew larger and larger, most of the North Dakota law enforcement had been either become overwhelmed or simply forgot about Bismarck. The infection quickly spread through Bismarck, with those few infected first being first responders. With such little time to respond, the previous evacuations of Bismarck were entirely unsuccessful, and the infected attacks finally reached the Andersons. During an attack made by abominations at the Anderson's house, Cris tried his best to keep them away from his family, using his military training, guns and ammo, though he failed. He watched as his wife and son were devoured by the infected while trying to hold the front door closed as infected pounded on it. After clearing his house of the surrounding infected, he gathered his survival gear, his shotgun and a majority of the ammo, and abandoned his home. During his initial trip, Cris used most of the ammunition to put down the infected in his neighborhood, causing him to flee into the forests behind his community. Christopher Anderson now scours the woods around Bismarck, trying to cut out a living in the desolate world he once called home.

Strengths: Expert marksmanship, combat training, a knowledge of backroads and safe points in Bismarck, lone wolf.
Weaknesses: Lone wolf, doesn't work well with others, prefers solitude over having associates with him, the deaths of his wife and son weigh heavily on him and have severely impacted his interaction with others.
*Quirks:
*Dislikes: Wandering the forests, meeting people, people who act twitchy.
*Worst Fears: Dying.
*Miscellaneous:
RP Examples:
The Great World War

(I promise to not do anything drastic, keep an eye on the OOC, AND pace myself when it comes to posts.)
Last edited by Futrellia on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Vacif wrote:So do the infected wander out of the place they were infected or linger near where they turned? Also how durable are the infected? Do they feel pain? Shock?

Yeah, the infected tend to wander around if they can't find any food. Also, light blinds them so during the day they stay inside while at night they come out. They feel pain but no shock, and the durability varies by type. Some have almost an exoskeleton after their bones were forced out of their body. Largely, destroying their head is the best way to go about killing one, as they can take a few body shots due to their organs spreading out during transformation.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:36 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Vacif wrote:So do the infected wander out of the place they were infected or linger near where they turned? Also how durable are the infected? Do they feel pain? Shock?

Yeah, the infected tend to wander around if they can't find any food. Also, light blinds them so during the day they stay inside while at night they come out. They feel pain but no shock, and the durability varies by type. Some have almost an exoskeleton after their bones were forced out of their body. Largely, destroying their head is the best way to go about killing one, as they can take a few body shots due to their organs spreading out during transformation.

Now I'm imagining I Am Legend
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Corrian wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Yeah, the infected tend to wander around if they can't find any food. Also, light blinds them so during the day they stay inside while at night they come out. They feel pain but no shock, and the durability varies by type. Some have almost an exoskeleton after their bones were forced out of their body. Largely, destroying their head is the best way to go about killing one, as they can take a few body shots due to their organs spreading out during transformation.

Now I'm imagining I Am Legend

Yeah, it's similar. Just a little more The Thingy.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:49 pm

What would happen to people who were prisoners when the infection started? Just running ideas through my head and trying to decide on something.
Times are looking grim these days~

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:52 pm

So how would the suburbs and forests around. Is Marci look in terms of devistation by the Infection? Is the whole area under quarantine? Or is just the city of Bismarck a place of heavy military activity? That is if the military is still around to do anything.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Will put in an application for the roleplay sometime tomorrow.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:57 pm

We already going to have three military/law enforcement-related characters. Maybe putting it in a limit now?

Also, app soon. Gonna sing.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Futrellia wrote:Christopher "Cris" Anderson

Alright, I like the character himself but I've got a few problems with the equipment and backstory. For equipment, I'd leave the shotgun ammo to the 7 rounds in the gun already. Also, I'd suggest either ditching the Heckler and Koch entirely or bringing the ammo down to just one 8-round box, since you already have the machete. Also, you can get a radio later on in Bismarck, but for now I'd leave it off.

For backstory, there was never martial law (in North Dakota, at least) as everything was absolute chaos. Since just about anybody was afflicted with the strain of influenza, a LOT of people died including active service members of the military. Also, police are mostly (if not entirely) dead, so they wouldn't be able to defend the town. Think of it like this - the first day of infection, the infected kill around 50-75% of the United States, and they only kill more as time go on. So, it's pretty drastic, as government officials are not able to defend against this mass of intelligent monsters that have no remorse, and almost no emotions. That's not even factoring in the fear that the infected would cause.

EDIT: One thing I forgot, can you split the bio up into a few paragraphs? Just a personal preference, you don't have to. It just kind of all bleeds together for me after awhile.

Terintania wrote:What would happen to people who were prisoners when the infection started? Just running ideas through my head and trying to decide on something.

They would be left in their cells.

Insaeldor wrote:So how would the suburbs and forests around. Is Marci look in terms of devistation by the Infection? Is the whole area under quarantine? Or is just the city of Bismarck a place of heavy military activity? That is if the military is still around to do anything.

Quarantines ended after the initial transformation day, as infected would mostly turn instantly, and those who were infected were shot, killed, and burned. Bismarck is pretty much a ghost town by now, as the government is either dead or evacuated. Also, the entirety of America has been affected in some way by the infection. In Bismarck, streets are empty except for the inside of buildings during the day, as infected prefer darkness. At night, things get more bustling.

Altito Asmoro wrote:We already going to have three military/law enforcement-related characters. Maybe putting it in a limit now?

I'm going to. Just for everybody reading this, (I'll put it in the OP soon) no more military character and no more characters related to law enforcement (might be more lenient on roles like dispatcher, forensics, or stuff like that).
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Name: John Harrison
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Equipment/Personal Belongings:

- A Volkswagen van
- A guitar
- Some herbal medicines
- A first aid kit
- A smartphone
Personality: John enjoys wide freedom in his life, free sex (although he uses condoms) and yet he never use any drugs. He is very disciplined over his life style, extrovert, friendly, but also slightly risk-taker.
Bio (one paragraph at least):

Born in Los Angeles 1980, he was raised in a sort of hippie family who traveled and never stay in one place. His father worked as a traveling herbal doctor, so he has some training and knowledgeable enough in herbal medicine. He and his two younger sisters were homeschooled by his mother since they never really stay in one place. Eventually his father earned enough bucks and stayed in one place, at Anchorage in Alaska, to be exact. His father began to built permanent place for his herbal healing, with the children homeschooled still.

On 1998, John went into the local community college to earned a degree in Chemistry, but after three years in the college he dropped out since he was unable to paid attentions for too much and spent his free time selling weeds and drugs instead to local children and teenagers. He went into independent and lived like his parents as he traveled in Mainland America offering his knowledge and training of herbal medicines to the sick ones. Occasionally he joined demonstrations of anti-war protest, where he able to crafted molotovs to assisted. He also joined a traveling hippie band as a guitarist where they went into small-scale concerts, gained somewhat enough fames. He trained in parkour with his friends, as well.

When the outbreak happened, he was in Bismarck, selling herbal medicines and helped his fellow friends. The infected began to entered the town and the local law enforcement failed to stopped them. He went into hiding with his friends but he was separated during latest infected attack, and now hiding inside a motel.
Strengths:

-Skilled in crafting any chemistry-based stuffs
-Amateur music skills
-Extensive knowledge in herbal medicine
-Parkour

Weaknesses:

-Kleptomaniac
-Risk-taker

*Quirks: He likes to sing Michael Jackson's songs whenever he has the time to and not tired enough.
*Likes: Free life, giving advice and healing based on herbal medical knowledge, sausages, hot dogs, hot black coffee
*Dislikes : Iced coffee, restricted by rules, war
*Worst Fears: Unable to drink coffee anymore and not having a free life
*Miscellaneous :

His van still has few fuels in it.

RP Examples: hi.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Futrellia wrote:Christopher "Cris" Anderson

Alright, I like the character himself but I've got a few problems with the equipment and backstory. For equipment, I'd leave the shotgun ammo to the 7 rounds in the gun already. Also, I'd suggest either ditching the Heckler and Koch entirely or bringing the ammo down to just one 8-round box, since you already have the machete. Also, you can get a radio later on in Bismarck, but for now I'd leave it off.

For backstory, there was never martial law (in North Dakota, at least) as everything was absolute chaos. Since just about anybody was afflicted with the strain of influenza, a LOT of people died including active service members of the military. Also, police are mostly (if not entirely) dead, so they wouldn't be able to defend the town. Think of it like this - the first day of infection, the infected kill around 50-75% of the United States, and they only kill more as time go on. So, it's pretty drastic, as government officials are not able to defend against this mass of intelligent monsters that have no remorse, and almost no emotions. That's not even factoring in the fear that the infected would cause.

EDIT: One thing I forgot, can you split the bio up into a few paragraphs? Just a personal preference, you don't have to. It just kind of all bleeds together for me after awhile.

Terintania wrote:What would happen to people who were prisoners when the infection started? Just running ideas through my head and trying to decide on something.

Insaeldor wrote:So how would the suburbs and forests around. Is Marci look in terms of devistation by the Infection? Is the whole area under quarantine? Or is just the city of Bismarck a place of heavy military activity? That is if the military is still around to do anything.

Quarantines ended after the initial transformation day, as infected would mostly turn instantly, and those who were infected were shot, killed, and burned. Bismarck is pretty much a ghost town by now, as the government is either dead or evacuated. Also, the entirety of America has been affected in some way by the infection. In Bismarck, streets are empty except for the inside of buildings during the day, as infected prefer darkness. At night, things get more bustling.

Altito Asmoro wrote:We already going to have three military/law enforcement-related characters. Maybe putting it in a limit now?

I'm going to. Just for everybody reading this, (I'll put it in the OP soon) no more military character and no more characters related to law enforcement (might be more lenient on roles like dispatcher, forensics, or stuff like that).

I corrected it. I hope that's a little better.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Futrellia wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:<snip>

I corrected it. I hope that's a little better.

Awesome, Accepted.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:33 pm

I take it a character who was in jail wouldn't work so well then :P

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Terintania wrote:

I take it a character who was in jail wouldn't work so well then :P

Unless a Good Samaritan let them out, they would most likely starve to death or get killed by infected.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:37 pm

Terintania wrote:I take it a character who was in jail wouldn't work so well then :P

Unless a Good Samaritan let them out, they would most likely starve to death or get killed by infected.

Hm. I donno what I want to do for a character

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Unless a Good Samaritan let them out, they would most likely starve to death or get killed by infected.

Hm. I donno what I want to do for a character

A prisoner is still viable. They could have been on a prison transport bus and managed to sneak away during a crash or something the day of the transformations.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Terintania wrote:Hm. I donno what I want to do for a character

A prisoner is still viable. They could have been on a prison transport bus and managed to sneak away during a crash or something the day of the transformations.

Hmm. That could work. What would the restrictions for a prisoner be, exactly?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:A prisoner is still viable. They could have been on a prison transport bus and managed to sneak away during a crash or something the day of the transformations.

No psychopaths or sociopaths presumably based off of what the OP said.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:A prisoner is still viable. They could have been on a prison transport bus and managed to sneak away during a crash or something the day of the transformations.

What Corrian said. Any crime you want, as long as it's not mass murder, kidnapping, or rape as those are typically done by people who are sane.

If you meant physically, just the typical prisoner stuff. You'd be leg cuffed to the rest of those poor folk in the bus with you. Also, since there's a blizzard a prisoner would get a nylon coat, while guards and the driver I assume would have parkas on.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Terintania wrote:Hmm. That could work. What would the restrictions for a prisoner be, exactly?

What Corrian said. Any crime you want, as long as it's not mass murder, kidnapping, or rape as those are typically done by people who are sane.

If you meant physically, just the typical prisoner stuff. You'd be leg cuffed to the rest of those poor folk in the bus with you. Also, since there's a blizzard a prisoner would get a nylon coat, while guards and the driver I assume would have parkas on.

Would like, a murder or two be alright? But like, with him regretting his actions, and he just struggles with anger problems? Though more in depth than that :P

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:57 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, the return of Franklin Roberts.

Name: Franklin Roberts
Sex: M
Appearance:
Equipment/Personal Belongings: Flashlight, brown jacket, blue long sleeved shirt, jeans, brown converse boots, cell phone, a flare, carton of batteries, cigarettes, hiking backpack, medical mask, a capsule of Bubble Tape, a pocket knife, and an ice skate with the words "Kyle Cameron Lives."
Personality: Franklin is a friendly type of person, until he is drunk or under the influence of drugs. Franklin doesn't attack others as he sticks with pacifism as much as possible until he is forced to kill in urgent situations. He's determined with his workaholic personality, making himself more likely to survive in an intense situation.
Bio: Franklin was born in 1984 to parents who were both alcoholics which led to social services taking him away to foster parents who tried to make him like the outdoors. Eventually, his father taught him to kill a deer which made his father proud, believing he is a natural-born killer. However, Franklin stick to being a pacifist after what he had done. The father gave Franklin a dog as a way to forgive him from making him hunt, but the dog dies after running into a path of a car. During high school, he attended a party in the woods where he gets addicted to drugs and he starts an affair with a teacher, which leads to some classmates bullying him. After school, Franklin started shoplifting in the local mall where he meets a woman named Christine who he falls in love with. In an unexpected turn, Christine dies in a car crash with their unborn child which led to Franklin doing alcohol and drugs. 2 years later, the infected appear leading Franklin to try to survive.
Strengths: Franklin has experience to kill, but is a pacifist unless he is threatened.
Weaknesses: Franklin is a nervous wreck, coping with his depression with alcohol and drugs, making himself vulnerable and easily manipulated.
*Quirks: Addicted to drugs and alcohol, along with Astraphobia
*Dislikes: Lighting/Thunder, Open Spaces, and killing dogs.
*Worst Fears: Franklin hasn't recovered from Christine's death and has nightmares about her appearing as a ghost to haunt him.
*Miscellaneous: Franklin Roberts is a character from the Last of Us RP, but edited with some minor tweaks. The RP is seen below.
RP Examples: Franklin is a character in this RP. Here.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Terintania wrote:Would like, a murder or two be alright? But like, with him regretting his actions, and he just struggles with anger problems? Though more in depth than that :P

Could have always been "bad people", too, though he still regrets it, because murder.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:What Corrian said. Any crime you want, as long as it's not mass murder, kidnapping, or rape as those are typically done by people who are sane.

Would like, a murder or two be alright? But like, with him regretting his actions, and he just struggles with anger problems? Though more in depth than that :P

Murder is fine. The murder being a crime of passion would be fine, as it'd be a flaw.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Terintania wrote:Would like, a murder or two be alright? But like, with him regretting his actions, and he just struggles with anger problems? Though more in depth than that :P

Murder is fine. The murder being a crime of passion would be fine, as it'd be a flaw.

I'm not entirely sure what counts as a crime of passion

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Murder is fine. The murder being a crime of passion would be fine, as it'd be a flaw.

I'm not entirely sure what counts as a crime of passion

Like if you find out your wife is cheating on you and you kill the guy who was cheating. Right?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse