NATION

PASSWORD

I'm out o/

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

I'm out o/

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:37 am

Let me preface this by saying that I've quit NS before. I left quietly once or twice, but I was brought back in by my fellow players. While I was drug back kicking and screaming, I quickly settled back into my place and continued playing the game as I've always had. This time I want to make it clear that I don't want anyone tracking me down in order to bring me back.

I've spent all of 2016 trying to fall back in love with a game that I had grown to be quite bored and jaded with and I think its time that I just move on. My personal life is in a tremendous place and I'd much rather spend my time in RL than trying to get invested in whatever is happening in gameplay. My NS experience wasn't all negative though. NationStates provided me with years of great times and has taught me a lot about myself. It gave me friends in a time when I really needed company and a space to exercise unapologetic ambition in.

That being said, I'm done. The vast majority of people I enjoyed playing with are gone or going and gameplay was lost long ago. I hope that I made the game more interesting for some of you in my pursuit of fun, but in the end, I'm satisfied with the experience I've had and that's enough for me.

If you have anything you'd like to ask or know, I'll be around for the next day or so, so feel free to ask. I'll likely answer truthfully as I think it'd be fun to see how we truly feel about each other and the game around us. If not, then I guess this is goodbye... for now at least ;)

Peace,

Thomas
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Athease
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Goodbye

Postby Athease » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:40 am

That was quite well worded compared to Rage Quits I've seen in Facebook groups. Thank you for spending your time with us, and feel free to come back but only if you want to. Ciao and godspeed. :)
Nation doesn't reflect IRL views.
I decided to make a dystopia and this at the same time. Athease is an exercise in the opposite of a dystopia. Not sure what it means, but it somehow underwent a reformation. The dystopia infiltrated the government until my main pointed it out. Just lore, not an RP. I'm weird.

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:05 am

Good luck, BT. It was a pleasure to have you as an adversary.
The Master Reice wrote:So there's no way to stop trolls from ruining a themed region?

Wonderful.

Ain't no stopping the raiderin! :D

Scieca II
Secretary

Founded: Jan 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Scieca II » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:13 am

I look forward to more fruitful results on the tagfields.

We Are Not the NSA
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby We Are Not the NSA » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:15 am

Bye Thomas. You're one of the few vocal defenders I've ever genuinely respected, and your place in NS history will not be forgotten. Real life comes first, I've always believed this, and I wish you good fortune in the experiences to come. o7
\▼/We Are Not the NSA | Nohbdy | Eumaeus\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

Retired Raider | He, Him, His | Bisexual

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:17 am

You're one of my most favorite players that I've ever met in this game, and it really impacts me deeply that you're leaving for now. I feel like we've developed a friendship and a level of professionalism that I haven't matched with many others around here.

I'm going to miss having a friend and a player of your caliber around. I hope things go well for you.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Tsushima Yoshiko
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsushima Yoshiko » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 am

You were a fun opponent to go up against on the R/D fields, I won't lie.

Though I really can't blame you for leaving.

Wish you well. Take care.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:20 am

Goodbye. Many people thought it was nice knowing you. Your position of having 0 living inhabitants due to the zombie apocalypse... well, we can assume that the population decrease is forever.

In your in(de)finite absense, how will the transition of Lazarus's WA Delegate position be held? Who will be the next Delegate? Will the position be shifted to the Deplorability of Loftegen by virtue of them having the second-most endorsements?

What about the guide to NS Military Gameplay that you maintain?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Olevsky
Secretary

Founded: Jun 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olevsky » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:26 am

Hey man, hope you're well and hope you'll stay that way!

I will certainly miss the crappy banter and chats we've had. You're a pretty rad dude and I'm glad I had the chance to meet ya. Best of luck with stuff, I know this game can be pretty lame and I've taken my share of breaks from it over the years.

I'm sure we'll be in touch, somehow. Or at least I hope. :P

Akavi
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Akavi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 am

"Everyone look at me, I've been playing the game a long time, longer than you, I'm going to quit, give me attention, hey guys, I'm quitting, for now."

Beruka
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Beruka » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:30 am

Akavi wrote:"Everyone look at me, I've been playing the game a long time, longer than you, I'm going to quit, give me attention, hey guys, I'm quitting, for now."

Please don't spam the thread.

Didn't know you, BT, but it's always sad when a longtime member has to quit.

HYDRA Soldier III
Secretary

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby HYDRA Soldier III » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:35 am

Akavi wrote:"Everyone look at me, I've been playing the game a long time, longer than you, I'm going to quit, give me attention, hey guys, I'm quitting, for now."

BT was a respected and important member of R/D and GP in general. His departure is extremely significant. Who are you?
The Master Reice wrote:So there's no way to stop trolls from ruining a themed region?

Wonderful.

Ain't no stopping the raiderin! :D

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:37 am

I was worried but, phew, I'll miss you, Sakamoto :(
T_T"
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Thorn1000
Envoy

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Corporate Police State

Postby Thorn1000 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:47 am

Its been fun having you as and an opponent on the tagging fields. You have cost me more than one region :p. You will be missed
walrus wrote:Life is a zero-sum game. The lower I make the happiness of children, the higher my happiness rises

All opinions that I express are solely mine. I do not speak for anyone but me yadayadayada
One of 5 people to have hit more than 200 regions in 1 update

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Scieca II wrote:I look forward to more fruitful results on the tagfields.

Just keep following in the footsteps of your predecessors and you'll be departed from this game too soon enough ;)

We Are Not the NSA wrote:Bye Thomas. You're one of the few vocal defenders I've ever genuinely respected, and your place in NS history will not be forgotten.

If I'm not forgotten rather quickly, than means GP will have become even more stale than it is now.

Funkadelia wrote:I'm going to miss having a friend and a player of your caliber around. I hope things go well for you.

You and the new friends I made through The Wardens were the only reason I kept logging in for a bit. During Hurricane Matthew the nature of our relationship changed and now I think we can maintain our friendship outside the realm of NS.

Tinhampton wrote:In your in(de)finite absense, how will the transition of Lazarus's WA Delegate position be held? Who will be the next Delegate? Will the position be shifted to the Deplorability of Loftegen by virtue of them having the second-most endorsements?

What about the guide to NS Military Gameplay that you maintain?

As the law dictates, Amerion will ascend the delegacy. By the time he becomes delegate, he will be quite active and prepared to keep the momentum in Lazarus going.

I don't care what happens to the Guide. Its very out of date and should be scrapped altogether. I have no right to make this suggestion, but I'd like the mods to approach NSA about writing a new guide. Just keep it out of the hands of Nephmire, because he's always known far less than he's ever let on.

Olevsky wrote:Hey man, hope you're well and hope you'll stay that way!

I will certainly miss the crappy banter and chats we've had. You're a pretty rad dude and I'm glad I had the chance to meet ya.

I am well. If I come back too soon, it means things went to shit :P You are a cool guy and I think we'd be mates, in Tim's words, if we met elsewhere or earlier. I'll let you know if I pick up some new crappy online obsession.

HYDRA Soldier III wrote:

BT was a respected and important member of R/D and GP in general. His departure is extremely significant. Who are you?

Nah, its cool. I always thought these sort of announcements are tacky. Especially when someone like Horse or Applebania does them biannually :P I only did this, because I'm leaving a lot of stuff unsettled and it would be shitty of me to fade without telling anyone. I still think anytime Todd or JAL posts on this forum its just to remind people that they exist and were relevant :hug:
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Thembria SSR
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Thembria SSR » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:08 pm

Well dang it.. Without my rival raiding will be too boring! I can understand you wanting to leave though. I sometimes neglect my garden just to raid!

Does this mean TGW are going to break up? Or have you picked a new leader already?

*edit* oops.. meant to post this as Vandoosa..
Last edited by Thembria SSR on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Vasentius HYDRA
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius HYDRA » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:09 pm

It's a shame to see you go. You were a good opponent and one of the Defenders that I've had a lot of respect for. Take care, Thomas.
Former Director of HYDRA Command

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:41 pm

Thembria SSR wrote:Does this mean TGW are going to break up? Or have you picked a new leader already?

That's up to them. I'm not going to dictate anything, I don't have the right to.

Lynopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lynopia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:51 pm

A shame to see you go, although I can't say that I got to know you.

Maybe I will get to know the other people in Lazarus better as I hope :p

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:57 pm

It isn't like Benevolent Thomas really kept up with the guides, most of them still say "last edited by Nephmir". It would only make sense for the moderators to return it to the original author.

Good knowing you, Thomas. It takes a lot to get away from this game. Just one less defender on the battlefield, now.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:57 pm

2016 has been a bad year for oldies. You should start a retirement club with Xor, Sev, Syl, and the physical embodiment of the FRA.

Gonna miss you :) Good luck out there.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Leafish
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Leafish » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Shame to see you go, but if you can't force yourself to enjoy the game, that's absolutely your prerogative.

It's been a pleasure o7
~Leafy

General Knot
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby General Knot » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:32 pm

All things aside, you were one of my greatest friends and mentors during my defending days. I'm no longer your protege in the conventional sense, but I hope there can still be a tiny bit of pride flittering around inside for me at the very least.

It's a shame to see you go, but best of luck.
General of the DEN
History will record the DEN as the most notorious, well-organized, and well-disciplined raider army ever to grace the battlefield.

Former Delegate of The West Pacific
World Assembly Resolution Author x4

Vetelo
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetelo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:48 pm

Awe, I'm gonna miss getting those WA bans on you :(
Cya, BT o/
USSD Founder
USSF Fleet Admiral
Coalition of Sovereign Nations Citizen
Travelling Region Member
Former Positions

Attero of Vetelo

The joy, let me burn,
in the kingdom of flesh!

Hello, I'm Attero! That's my preferred name.

AKA Atte, Atty, Pracinha, Mjolltrux, Tombouctu, Vetelo, or just Vet.

Supreme Commissar, Governor, and Fleet Admiral of USSD, General Secretary of LSU,

PFQ Founder
Secretary

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby PFQ Founder » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:52 pm

I'll miss co-operating with you. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have continued to lead TUDB at all.

Respect. We will miss you. o7
"There is one true goal of NationStates, and that is, to be successful in your goals." - Qandaristania

This nation is shared between Qandaristania, Peachany, Versus Militia and Huda. Please telegram any of the listed nations if you think they posted using this account. Thank you.
Founder of the PFQ!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay