NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Monfrox
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33403
Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Ja, ja, Cer.



So, redo the toy shop in the new "I WANT" app?

Yes please. Graphic, too.


@ Mon. No worries. It will still have that charm.

Oh goodie.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

User avatar
Ganonsyoni
Diplomat
 
Posts: 540
Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:39 pm

hashtag: #IWANT
Name It: Gallimaufry Botanium
What is it: A large garden/preserve which houses plants found all across Gallimaufry.
Is it city run: Nope
What services does it supply:Entertainment and relaxation plus the occasional excitement when one of the more "aggressive" plants gets fiesty
Where is it located Agricultural District
If you want, describe it: Gallimaufry Botanium offers visitors the chance to see the wilds of Gallimaufry without the dangers of hungry animals/radiation/plagues/smiting! Walk around the expansive gardens and see the flowers, bushes, and trees found across this great magical world. We have dozens of biomes to wander through, mimicking their real life counterparts. Come enjoy the scenery and relax with friends! (We are not responsible for any injuries caused by rogue plants)

Run and proprietored by Sir Sean Sassafras.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:40 pm

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name: The Fleeting Thespian
Business Type: Theatre & Cinema
Name of the person that owns it: Sir Walter & Debra Montenegro
What services does it supply: Entertainment
Where is it located:
Downtown District (where the Village center was)/Agricultural District border
If you want, describe it: A floating castle suspended by... something. The Fleeting Thespian was re-purposed into an entertainment center that once made its rounds across Gallimaufry for its award winning productions before "settling down" in the Burrows. Here, the castle went into a second renovation before re-opening to the public. The Main Floor is an open public area featuring modest eateries and main ticketing areas as well as a full service bar past the ticket line. The 2nd and 3rd floors house exactly 4 theaters, playing a multitude of movies from across the multiverse (Now with Reserve Seating!). The final and highest, commonly referred to as the 1st floor, is the main amphitheater - the heart of the Fleeting Thespian which can host up to 200 people comfortably for its most celebrated plays and orchestras. Highest tower serves as the administrative tower. Not wanting to take up room and needing a comfortable and expansive area for gathering crowds that could line outside, the Fleeting Thespian sits at the very edge of the downtown district due to its size and frame. Guests approaching the noticeable floating ex-fortress would see an enchanted castle with a slow, falling, waterfall curtaining its perimeter. Entrance is granted simply by walking through said waterfall (no worries, you won't be drenched) and finding themselves on the Main Floor. Rumor has it that the Fleeting Thespian may flit away if so enticed, but thus far remains as one of the many splendors of the Burrows.

Please let me know if location isn't feasible. Being at the very edge of downtown, it shouldn't take up too much space, however, I'd like to note that the castle isn't that big given its capacity limits.

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name: Lumba's Boutique
Business Type: Commercial
Name of the person that owns it (or is it city run): Lumba, Oecammi Ret Ata-EE (manager)
What services does it supply: Electronics (FT type)
Where is it located
Market District (by the Building )
If you want, describe it: Here

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name: The Potted Fowl
Business Type: Brewery
Name of the person that owns it: Lapa-Lama Papaya
What services does it supply: Bevarages
Where is it located:
Agricultural District
If you want, describe it: An independent Brewery with a wide collection spanning across the communities of Gallimaufy. If its beer (in its many varieties), or considered as one, you can be rest assured The Potted Fowl will host at lease one event for tasting. If it proves to be popular, it will sell it for an agreed time after which another brew will be selected to take its place. Location falls somewhere near the Market and Agricultural borders as it mainly attracts the resident Wold beings, particularly visiting Dwarves.

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name: The Pasted Apricot
Business Type: Food & Beverage
Name of the person that owns it: Josephine Martineau
What services does it supply: Hight Tea
Where is it located Pick ONE
Downtown District (where the Village center was)
If you want, describe it: A setting mixed in ornate and vintage, this quaint little shop is open for business strictly at the hours of 1pm to 5pm. For those seeking a private setting, cordial exchanges, fine tea and assorted delicacies, the Pasted Apricot is the premiere place to be. Reservations available.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Giovenith
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 19498
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:44 pm

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name: Rainbow Bridge Toy Shop
Business Type: Toy shop
Name of the person that owns it (or is it city run): Fortunato Pasternak, Alma Pasternak
What services does it supply:
- Sells handmade old fashioned toys, ex: train sets, blocks, dolls, dollhouses, etc.
- Creates and sells personalized toys
Where is it located Downtown District (where the Village center was)
If you want, describe it:

Image
~Rainbow Bridge Toy Shop~



A quaint little shop that speaks of lullabies and quiet, sunny afternoons spent safely tucked away in the nursery. Here, dreams come true as a pony works away creating all sorts of wondrous toys for the North Warnborough village children to play with. Quality is put into each creation, highly durable, safe, and beautifully designed all for a reasonable price. Personalized commissions - alphabet blocks with your child's favorite colors, or a dollhouse resembling your own home perhaps - can be requested for a slightly higher fee. A small play area filled with sample toys for children to explore for themselves is also available!

Owned and operated by Mr. Fortunato Pasternak and his daughter, Alma.

*run by Gio*
P2TM Mentor, TG w/ RP questions
♦ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
Art
Blog
Independent stories
Support
Vanity page
adhouse

"Gio has said "fuck you" a few times prior in this chat.
At her phone, at a friend over the letter x, at poe's law,
at me once, at NA once, at pokemon a lot, at people
who do not like polishing rocks, at god, and I stopped
reading after page one of search results but there's two more"
—Ever-Wandering Souls

User avatar
Atreidya
Envoy
 
Posts: 329
Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Atreidya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Atreidya wrote:#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION


PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Atre

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): I have some roleplaying experience as my now obsolete nation, Atreidun Universe, but I would still say beginner.

How often can you post? Probably 1 to 4 time a week.



CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Deacon Marloww

Character Gender: male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Age: 24

Appearance: He is six foot four inches, two hundred twenty pounds, muscled "farmboy" physique, blue eyes, button nose, full lips, straight white teeth, short black hair normally styled in a side part pompadour, normally dresses in "operator style" with tactical pants and vest along with a baseball cap sunglasses, hiking shoes and a pack.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://www.sidestorygames.com/uploads/4 ... ig.jpg?323

Character Occupation: Entered a Security organization as a basic guard under his father's supervision on his eighteenth birthday, spent a year as a basic guard while training before being elevated to security member for locations abroad. At 24 he decided experience was necessary and wished to go into the armed forces of his home nation and had just graduated boot camp.


OBJECTIVES
Primary Objectives are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective: His primary objective is essentially to build or take over a sizeable military or paramilitary force in his new home.

Secondary Objectives: He wishes to build a life, including a wife and children hopefully, in this new home. He doesn't care about finding love really so much as establishing a foundation in his new surroundings, though he wouldn't complain for finding love.


MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
Basic housekeeping, cooking, cleaning, etc.
Basic Marksmanship and Weapon Handling with a preference toward shotguns and Handguns
Basic First aide and Hiking survival
Capable driver
Capable writer


SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

  • Ability 1 and Points Spent: Perception, 4, for example environmental as well as personal and non-personal awareness capable of noticing minor changes and actions that hint at something being different, like sudden silence of birds, a shifted stance of a possible foe, etc.
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Athletics, 2, higher than the average person but nothing great he is a capable opponent in fighting as well as running or climbing which he enjoys.
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Manipulator, 1, Capable of manipulating others emotions and thought process in minor ways through conversation.
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:


OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

  • Ability 1: Power Affinity/Weakness Aversion
    Power Level: 4
    Strengths: The more power over his fellows and the more men at his command the stronger and harder to defeat he personally becomes.
    Weaknesses: The less power over other men he has and the less command he has the easier and weaker he is as far as being slower and more fragile
    Restrictions: He must be a respected leader and must have the respect of those that follow him as that is the actual base of his power that fuels it. He can never gain abilities such as magic or super strength from this ability but he can increase the power of his current abilities such as healing aura or athleticism to extreme heights should he build this power up. He does not know this power exists either.

  • Ability 2: Minor Healing Aura
    Power Level: 3
    Strengths: Capable of Healing himself and one other in minor ways for a short time.
    Weaknesses: He can only do it for a short time on minor injuries and only one other person and himself at once. It also intensifies the pain for both the victim and himself until he finishes attempting to heal an injury or does heal it.
    Restrictions: many major injuries or traumas are far too much for him to handle and even with minor injuries the pain can make it a long and arduous task.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List: His Lucky Go-Army Baseball cap
His favored Sig Sauer X five classic hand gun.


BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character aquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training: While living a generally average life his father was hard on him and railed on him about training and exercise and while he was not initially so hard on him about weapons capabilities and dealing with others, when Deacon turned 18 his father pushed him into the training programs available to all members of their security company hoping to draw out a few Para-military types. Following this and several years working security abroad he joined the military and went through the basic training.

Character Background/Biography: Born to a historic military family Deacon was taught from a young age about the importance of the defenders of mankind. His father's and ancestor's sense of martial pride and duty was ingrained in him from a young age. He quickly grew up, his initial instinct was to join the military straight out of highschool but his father instead convinced him to take his time and enter the company his father now worked for. While his father was far more advanced than he, taking part in jobs overseas regularly, Deacon became determined to reach his full potential. Completing the training courses offered by the company Deacon set himself up to head around the world for low key security jobs in global hot-spots. He experienced the chaos of being attacked for the first time at the age of 21 and would never forget it.

Upon returning from his jobs around the world and realizing he was unable to move up in the company to more important missions and roles without military experience, he joined the military and subsequently left for boot camp. In every sense of the word Deacon breezed through most of the training. His strong athletic skills and small experiences already in some of the combat scenarios allowed him a far easier time than his compatriots in dealing with the harshness of the training. It was still hard even on him and he came away with valuable knowledge and training he would undoubtedly need for the road ahead.


OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 2e09f8.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)


IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS:Atre
Character Name: Deacon Marlowe
Image Link: http://www.sidestorygames.com/uploads/4 ... ig.jpg?323
Brief Description for Bio: Fun loving and driven individual with a proud military history in his family. He also had just begun his journey as a soldier when he war brought here for no observable reason. He has a recent past of being a security specialist for places abroad and is well built for this mentally and physically. He seeks to find a way to use his strengths to his advantage and attain a minor notability in his new environment.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.


How is this? I dropped the detection ability all together I discovered something else that plays into his objectives and I thought it would be a good choice.

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:51 pm

hashtag: #IWANT
Name It: The Black Banner
What is it: Formerly the Screaming Legion, a feared horde of riders which destroyed the gods of their homeworld in a bloody war, the modern Black Banner is a guild of champions, who defend the world by hunting vile beasts and criminals in the name of their ancient War God.
Is it city run: No
What services does it supply: Security, monster/pest control, town defense
Where is it located Downtown District (where the Village center was)

If you want, describe it: Looking outward, the Banner's Hall is a small, but roomy, three story fort-like tower, with cobbled walls and sloped wooden roofs reminiscent of a northern European structure.

Entering the guild hall of the Black Banner, one will see the proud history of a mighty army. Their trademark, a pure black banner, covers the walls, decorated throughout with their countless campaign streamers. In the middle of the room, a sooty firepit is placed with logs for sitting, where warriors mingle and share stories of their missions - upon closer inspection, the fire is real, although fueled by a pile of mysterious glowing stones, interspersed throughout wood which does not burn.

Branching off the sides of the main room are smaller lounges, with tables and open windows. The merry playing of a bard's lute plays seemingly from nowhere, but the music is good, and sounds as if it is played live by a jovial man. Aside from the many decorations, the building is a strange fusion of old and futuristic designs; the floor is made of mismatched cobbled stone, which shines as if cut from fine marble, while the same going for the tables. In fact, the doors as well seem to be made of a wood that isn't quite wooden, smooth and cool like stone, with a holographic display hovering in the center which acts as the trigger.

Inside, the native Legionaries wear armor very reminiscent of the knights of old, with hefty plate mail and coats, though the armor itself, upon closer inspection, if made of an unknown polymer, inlaid with a honeycomb pattern. The legionaries wield blades and hammers made from fire and light, and their uniforms glint red and glow as if ashen. Depending on rank, legionaries wear metal wings on their backs, with privates having closed wings, corporals having small horizontal wings, and NCO's having angled vertical wings which flourish out over their heads. The Legion's General, Wrathus Ironhide, adorns his uniform with wings made of the same luminous energy as their weapons, and is impossible to miss with his large stature and merry personality. He will help anyone in need - though his constant ramblings of war stories may get on the nerves of some after a while.

While no longer leading the charge in glorious war, the Legion retains its proud spirit and vows to bring peace to the world, guiding new warriors and striking out on beast hunts in the name of their War God.


Not really a 100% serious thing I want, but I wouldn't mind setting it up, for the characters that I think would like it. I could see Mez enjoying the idea, or Torii, maybe some cultists? It's open to anyone, even if they're not warriors.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Atreidya wrote:
Atreidya wrote:#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION


PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Atre

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): I have some roleplaying experience as my now obsolete nation, Atreidun Universe, but I would still say beginner.

How often can you post? Probably 1 to 4 time a week.



CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Deacon Marloww

Character Gender: male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Age: 24

Appearance: He is six foot four inches, two hundred twenty pounds, muscled "farmboy" physique, blue eyes, button nose, full lips, straight white teeth, short black hair normally styled in a side part pompadour, normally dresses in "operator style" with tactical pants and vest along with a baseball cap sunglasses, hiking shoes and a pack.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://www.sidestorygames.com/uploads/4 ... ig.jpg?323

Character Occupation: Entered a Security organization as a basic guard under his father's supervision on his eighteenth birthday, spent a year as a basic guard while training before being elevated to security member for locations abroad. At 24 he decided experience was necessary and wished to go into the armed forces of his home nation and had just graduated boot camp.


OBJECTIVES
Primary Objectives are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective: His primary objective is essentially to build or take over a sizeable military or paramilitary force in his new home.

Secondary Objectives: He wishes to build a life, including a wife and children hopefully, in this new home. He doesn't care about finding love really so much as establishing a foundation in his new surroundings, though he wouldn't complain for finding love.


MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
Basic housekeeping, cooking, cleaning, etc.
Basic Marksmanship and Weapon Handling with a preference toward shotguns and Handguns
Basic First aide and Hiking survival
Capable driver
Capable writer


SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

  • Ability 1 and Points Spent: Perception, 4, for example environmental as well as personal and non-personal awareness capable of noticing minor changes and actions that hint at something being different, like sudden silence of birds, a shifted stance of a possible foe, etc.
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Athletics, 2, higher than the average person but nothing great he is a capable opponent in fighting as well as running or climbing which he enjoys.
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Manipulator, 1, Capable of manipulating others emotions and thought process in minor ways through conversation.
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:


OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

  • Ability 1: Power Affinity/Weakness Aversion
    Power Level: 4
    Strengths: The more power over his fellows and the more men at his command the stronger and harder to defeat he personally becomes.
    Weaknesses: The less power over other men he has and the less command he has the easier and weaker he is as far as being slower and more fragile
    Restrictions: He must be a respected leader and must have the respect of those that follow him as that is the actual base of his power that fuels it. He can never gain abilities such as magic or super strength from this ability but he can increase the power of his current abilities such as healing aura or athleticism to extreme heights should he build this power up. He does not know this power exists either.

  • Ability 2: Minor Healing Aura
    Power Level: 3
    Strengths: Capable of Healing himself and one other in minor ways for a short time.
    Weaknesses: He can only do it for a short time on minor injuries and only one other person and himself at once. It also intensifies the pain for both the victim and himself until he finishes attempting to heal an injury or does heal it.
    Restrictions: many major injuries or traumas are far too much for him to handle and even with minor injuries the pain can make it a long and arduous task.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List: His Lucky Go-Army Baseball cap
His favored Sig Sauer X five classic hand gun.


BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character aquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training: While living a generally average life his father was hard on him and railed on him about training and exercise and while he was not initially so hard on him about weapons capabilities and dealing with others, when Deacon turned 18 his father pushed him into the training programs available to all members of their security company hoping to draw out a few Para-military types. Following this and several years working security abroad he joined the military and went through the basic training.

Character Background/Biography: Born to a historic military family Deacon was taught from a young age about the importance of the defenders of mankind. His father's and ancestor's sense of martial pride and duty was ingrained in him from a young age. He quickly grew up, his initial instinct was to join the military straight out of highschool but his father instead convinced him to take his time and enter the company his father now worked for. While his father was far more advanced than he, taking part in jobs overseas regularly, Deacon became determined to reach his full potential. Completing the training courses offered by the company Deacon set himself up to head around the world for low key security jobs in global hot-spots. He experienced the chaos of being attacked for the first time at the age of 21 and would never forget it.

Upon returning from his jobs around the world and realizing he was unable to move up in the company to more important missions and roles without military experience, he joined the military and subsequently left for boot camp. In every sense of the word Deacon breezed through most of the training. His strong athletic skills and small experiences already in some of the combat scenarios allowed him a far easier time than his compatriots in dealing with the harshness of the training. It was still hard even on him and he came away with valuable knowledge and training he would undoubtedly need for the road ahead.


OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 2e09f8.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)


IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS:Atre
Character Name: Deacon Marlowe
Image Link: http://www.sidestorygames.com/uploads/4 ... ig.jpg?323
Brief Description for Bio: Fun loving and driven individual with a proud military history in his family. He also had just begun his journey as a soldier when he war brought here for no observable reason. He has a recent past of being a security specialist for places abroad and is well built for this mentally and physically. He seeks to find a way to use his strengths to his advantage and attain a minor notability in his new environment.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.


How is this? I dropped the detection ability all together I discovered something else that plays into his objectives and I thought it would be a good choice.

Nice edits. Approved. Welcome aboard.

It will be a day or two before we can work you in to the IC thread. We're doing a group-effort world build here in the ooc. You're welcome to join in. Meanwhile, I'll add your tab to our roster.

Deacon Marlowe
Fun loving and driven individual with a proud military history in his family. He also had just begun his journey as a soldier when he war brought here for no observable reason. He has a recent past of being a security specialist for places abroad and is well built for this mentally and physically. He seeks to find a way to use his...full details
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Chedastan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5626
Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Not sure where I'm going with this, but hey I may as well contribute something. :P

hashtag: #IWANT
Name It: Remembrance Square
What is it: An area where veterans, patriots, and nationalists from all over can convene with themselves and hold homeland pride rallies for their respective places of origin
Is it city run: No, but law enforcements keeps a watchful eye on any big rally that takes place.
What services does it supply: Food for the needy, a place for disgruntled homesick people to vent their frustrustions from having arrived to Galli, neigborhood watch.
Where is it located Pick ONE
Downtown District (where the Village center was)
If you want, describe it:

Imagine a reasonably sized square that can reasonably house at least a thousand or so people, and in the middle of that square are statues of various nationalist or patriotic symbols held by city residents. Some that are recognizable for a few, others not so much. Like a small replica of the Statue of Liberty, a statue of Lenin, a statue of some supposedly heroic blob monster, a statue of what looks like a powered armor clad saint and so on. The statues are put together to form a big monument in the center on some raised stone tiles. Around the square are several benches and trash bins, but besides that the square is pretty open for a large audience if need be.
adhouse
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 pm

That square would fit nicely right below the W in "Downtown", Ched.

Image
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Holy Lykos
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1702
Founded: May 01, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Holy Lykos » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:44 pm

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name:Mushroom Samba
Business Type: Storefront for a local farm, produce seller, mushroom focused eatery
Name of the person that owns it (or is it city run): George Geonson and his wife Gwyn
What services does it supply: Mushrooms. Take your pick of the type :p Okay the edible type I just had to make a jokemaybe some 'magic' ones too though
Where is it located Pick ONE

Market District (by the Building )

If you want, describe it:

A building largely made out of the felled mushroom trees of the Mill and styled similar to a pagoda colored in shades of red and white to remind of a toadstool mushroom. While obviously being a proper restaurant, it still has a relaxed and calm feel to it. The upper floors above the first are reserved for the restaurant, with a staircase on the outside to go to the second story landing. The design leaves both indoor and outdoor tables, including more expensive ones on upper levels including a top floor balcony that has a view of the whole town and nearby coasts. The kitchens are in the basement, but the smells waft through vents to the whole restaurant and the store on the first level.

The first, and largest, level is home to the store, which primarily sells mushrooms themselves and various cooked items and prepared dishes that can be bought to go, of the same or similar quality to the restaurant food. They sell practically anything that could be made from mushrooms, though most dishes don't have just mushrooms. They also sell sombreros for a reason no one has yet managed to deduce.




hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name:Mushroom Samba's Mushroom Mill (called the "Mill" for short)
Business Type: Its a farm.
Name of the person that owns it (or is it city run):George Geonson and his wife Gwyn
What services does it supply: grows mushrooms and other edible fungus. Also massive fungus for various kinds of building material. Supplies UA with various kinds of mushrooms(maybe?), Primarily works with their sister business of a similar name.
Where is it located Pick ONE

Agricultural District (pasture and fields where those sheep are)

If you want, describe it:

A picturesque farm on the surface, fenced off with old style wooden fence, focused around a large hill on the outskirts of town. The area is veritably covered with mushrooms, tree sized things that grow well in Galli's soil(along with other things) creating a mushroom forest that the owners let the residents of the burrows and whoever wishes explore and wander around the alien looking forest grown on mycelium. They've even made a path through it for the explicit purpose of doing so, including a more open meadow area that some attest is a surprisingly good dating spot. But the real 'farm' bit is underground, the hill being opened up to a natural cave system that over time has been expanded by the family. Inside the more traditional kinds of farmed mushrooms are grown in a relatively modern style, with rows of nightsoil from the town and anywhere that wishes to contribute (This gives a discount when purchasing from their store!) growing mushrooms of various kinds in different caves to avoid crossing the mushrooms. Its quite the large operation, but largely still handled by the family who owns it, along with hired workers from the Burrows.





these good?
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life


I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Ooo this opens up and puts a lot into perspective -nodnods with beer-
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:49 pm

Looks good, NA.

Min, yup. Floating stuff fits right in.

Klaus: Do you repair buttons?
Blacksmith: Er, no. Not even brass ones.
Klaus: Where am I going to get replacement buttons for my jacket?
Blacksmith: The main city.
Klaus: Eh?
Blacksmith: *sighs* Haven't you ever wondered what was beyond the wall across the river? Do you think the mayor just hangs out in the village all day?
Klaus: Oh!

I kid. We'll figure out a way to explain it. Expect explosions and slight-of-hand.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Highfort
Minister
 
Posts: 2869
Founded: May 11, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Highfort » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Cerillium wrote:Looks good, NA.

Min, yup. Floating stuff fits right in.

Klaus: Do you repair buttons?
Blacksmith: Er, no. Not even brass ones.
Klaus: Where am I going to get replacement buttons for my jacket?
Blacksmith: The main city.
Klaus: Eh?
Blacksmith: *sighs* Haven't you ever wondered what was beyond the wall across the river? Do you think the mayor just hangs out in the village all day?
Klaus: Oh!

I kid. We'll figure out a way to explain it. Expect explosions and slight-of-hand.


PL is so randomly explosion-prone it's in danger of becoming a Michael Bay film :p
Inactive: shoot me a PM if you need anything

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Highfort wrote:PL is so randomly explosion-prone it's in danger of becoming a Michael Bay film :p

We have yet to put testicles on a Transformer.

...soon...
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33937
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:29 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Highfort wrote:PL is so randomly explosion-prone it's in danger of becoming a Michael Bay film :p

We have yet to put testicles on a Transformer.

...soon...


inb4 Jordanians
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:45 am

Working on updating the thread now. Min, since we have the Leaf and Kettle returning, do you still want to do the The Pasted Apricot?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:04 am

Updated with what we have so far. Let me know if I've missed any hashtags.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p29556328


Bear in mind when designing things, we don't want to remove business from Ascalon. You'll need to go there for your bullets and firearms!
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:36 am

Cerillium wrote:Working on updating the thread now. Min, since we have the Leaf and Kettle returning, do you still want to do the The Pasted Apricot?


Sure it'll be in a different area of the Burrows given how large it is. It's just filler in the end, but adds to the over all setting
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Atreidya
Envoy
 
Posts: 329
Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Atreidya » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:54 am

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name:The Handyman Day Labor and Services Union
Business Type: guild
Name of the person that owns it (or is it city run): James Bridger
What services does it supply: Provides a position of helping customers find handymen to fix, clean, build etc. in minor projects and also helping day laborers and freelance workers find work.
Where is it located Pick ONE
Downtown District (where the Village center was)
If you want, describe it:
A small building with only a handful of offices in side, most of the space is taken up by several counters and chain connected pens. There is usually a few day laborers standing inside sharing stories and news while waiting for new assignments. Three monitors on the back wall opposite the door serve as an easy access database of all workers who are part of the registry.

Three receptionists sit on the right side of the room each with a clear sign over their head stating their department, Worker requests, prospective member requests, and daily tasks dispatcher. This allows easy division of labor between helping someone find a worker and helping a worker find someone who needs them.
Last edited by Atreidya on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:05 am

Forgot Katya's shop.

hashtag: #IWANT
Business Name: The Ivory Brasserie
Business Type: Cafe, lounge
Name of the person that owns it (or is it city run): Katya Dimitrov
What services does it supply: Light drinks and food, lounges and private rooms, dance, a hookah lounge, and internet cafe.
Where is it located Market District

Katya's Ivory Brasserie is a humble, but lively, cafe currently offering a good, if small, selection of coffees and tea, coffee cakes, and a small selection of alcohol by night. It offers a sizable, cozy lounge, complete with rugs and couches, and hookahs available. Small private booths and rooms stand off the on side. A small outdoors area give way on on side for an open space, where dances can be held under a multi-filter light. Inside and around the shop, a modern design includes contemporary art and an eye-catching tritanopian color scheme with a variety of berry blues, purples, and pinks splattered across a white wall. Modern dance, pop, and electronic swing music sets the ambiance. A Soviet flag adorns the back wall behind the front counter - a symbol of both Russia and Torsiedelle (and a Nazi flag would probably drive away customers; so much for her Grandpa's German pride!)

In all, while not big or very popular, it's a passionately designed business which Katya aims to bring a "Modern Torsiedellie" flavor to the town with.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:16 am

Hmm another guild! Torsi, do you think the Black Banner and my guild would be on cordial terms? I can see Mez liking the Black Banner, I'm just wondering where these two guilds would stand.

Friends? Frenimies? Outright hatred (although that would be an extreme)? I see lukewarm to positive dialogue although they may steer clear of each other for entirely centric reasons. I don't mind some collaborative tension, however, just fielding your take on it first.
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:22 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Hmm another guild! Torsi, do you think the Black Banner and my guild would be on cordial terms? I can see Mez liking the Black Banner, I'm just wondering where these two guilds would stand.

Friends? Frenimies? Outright hatred (although that would be an extreme)? I see lukewarm to positive dialogue although they may steer clear of each other for entirely centric reasons. I don't mind some collaborative tension, however, just fielding your take on it first.



What was your guild again? Healers? Sorry, I'm fuzzy right now - lack of sleep, LOL.

The Banner is all about glory in war, though to say they're entirely bloodthirsty savages would be wrong. They're proud, and obsessed with fighting, but when it comes to activity in town, they'll be friendly to others, unless there's a major rift in ideology or something along those lines.

While only accepting warriors into their ranks, the Banner will let anyone in the building, or help anyone in need. A character like Kale or Gio, or a holy woman like your characters may be seen as friends among the legion. Their targets are criminals and monsters as it is; they have a history of killing other humans and fighting their own gods, but see no reason for it in Galli.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

User avatar
Mincaldenteans
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 9450
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:26 am

Torsiedelle wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:Hmm another guild! Torsi, do you think the Black Banner and my guild would be on cordial terms? I can see Mez liking the Black Banner, I'm just wondering where these two guilds would stand.

Friends? Frenimies? Outright hatred (although that would be an extreme)? I see lukewarm to positive dialogue although they may steer clear of each other for entirely centric reasons. I don't mind some collaborative tension, however, just fielding your take on it first.



What was your guild again? Healers? Sorry, I'm fuzzy right now - lack of sleep, LOL.

The Banner is all about glory in war, though to say they're entirely bloodthirsty savages would be wrong. They're proud, and obsessed with fighting, but when it comes to activity in town, they'll be friendly to others, unless there's a major rift in ideology or something along those lines.

While only accepting warriors into their ranks, the Banner will let anyone in the building, or help anyone in need. A character like Kale or Gio, or a holy woman like your characters may be seen as friends among the legion. Their targets are criminals and monsters as it is; they have a history of killing other humans and fighting their own gods, but see no reason for it in Galli.



They're a mix of healers, casters and warriors. Their aim is to serve just causes. Given what you've mentioned, I see good relations if only to help each other in the same goals and ideals. Headbutting can happen but that's a byproduct of any guild worth their salt :P
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM RP Mentor: Have a question on RP'ing? Feel free to TG me!
PL: Demens Chosenadhouse
P2TM Info DepotTraveler's CafeP2TM Chat Thread
☼ I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith ☼

User avatar
Cerillium
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 12454
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:55 am

New items added.

Torsi, there's very limited internet access in the Burrows. They'd route through Ascalon. It's slow and prone to going down when it rains. Which, as it so happens, is what Swiffers and I experience out in the sticks here.

Be on guard with "monster hunting". As we've seen, ogres are civilized. There are vampires and werewolves in this neck of the woods. Their families might press charges if a loved one was unjustly hunted or injured. We haven't seen much of the Wold yet, nor know much about the 'Law of the Wyld' that governs everything outside the main city gates.


UNFREEZING GAME
I think we can unfreeze the game without any major work/magic to get the city in place. Residents haven't explored the area much. We can say that it's always been there but hasn't been a game element until now. This makes it easier for storytelling - less jarring.


MISSIONS
We have two characters that need to come in (Fortu and Deacon). Prim volunteered Insidious. Anyone else want to help? I'll put out a general page IC and get a team to the Gatehouse. Insert your character as "one of the Residents" that came along.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Torsiedelle
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18306
Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:59 am

I was actually going to go back and redo Katya's place how I had it, all vintage.

I was loopy.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Commonwealth of Hank the Cat, Fantrum, Homocratic States, Hypron, Lunas Legion, Rupudska, Scotatrova, The Vekta-Helghast Empire, Turmenista, Utceforp, Valefontaine, Western Pacific Territories

Advertisement

Remove ads